- New York Magazine 22:38February 16, 2021Senate Republicans Split on Trump’s Culpability for Capitol RiotMitch McConnell wasn’t the only senator who combined a vote to acquit Trump with criticism of his conduct. But most won’t have trouble crawling back.
< politics, impeachment trial, impeachment, donald trump, joe biden, mitch mcconnell, ted cruz, marco rubio, lindsey graham, roger marshall, josh hawley, tom cotton, shelley moore capito, john thune, rob portman, ron johnson, 2016 presidential election >
- New York Magazine 03:18December 4, 2020Biden’s Vote Lead Over Trump Now More than 7 MillionHe’s blown-away his old boss Barack Obama’s performance, which was the best for a Democratic presidential candidate since LBJ.
< politics, vision 2020, joe biden, kamala harris, donald trump, barack obama, hillary clinton, electoral college, popular vote, 2016 presidential election, georgia senate runoffs >
- New York Magazine 01:31October 28, 2020How Trump Failed to Make This a ‘Choice’ ElectionCOVID-19 and Joe Biden’s nomination screwed up Trump’s original campaign strategy, and he never adjusted.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, referendum election, choice election, covid-19, economy, presidential approval rating, presidential debates, polarization, democrats, socialism, 2016 presidential election, 2020 democratic primaries >
- New York Magazine 21:27October 23, 2020Where Trump and the GOP Need Immediate Gains to Win on Election DayIt’s getting late in the day for a Republican surge, and the trouble for Trump and his party is that they trail over a large landscape.
< politics, poll position, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, 2016 presidential election, hillary clinton, john james, gary peters, cal cunningham, thom tillis, barbara bollier, roger marshall, dan sullivan, al gross, 2020 elections >
- New York Magazine 02:01October 21, 2020GOP Hopes That Amy Coney Barrett Would Fire Up the Base FizzledIt’s unclear that killing Garland’s confirmation or forcing Kavanaugh’s did electoral magic for the GOP. The non-fight over Barrett sure won’t.
< politics, vision 2020, 2020 elections, u.s. supreme court, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, 2016 presidential election, 2018 midterms, conservative base, conservative evangelicals >
- New York Magazine 01:40October 20, 2020Trump Is Running Out of Time to Change These 8 Election X-FactorsExamining the remaining variables, the president is in serious trouble just two weeks ahead of his date with reelection fate.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, covid-19, economy, electoral college, third-party voters, undecided voters, presidential debates, polls, battleground states, 2016 presidential election, hillary clinton >
- New York Magazine 21:37October 16, 2020Joni Ernst Bombs on Must-Know Soybean Question in DebateRepublican Ernst became famous for her 2014 ads bragging about her experience castrating hogs on an Iowa farm. She seems to have lost touch.
< politics, 2020 elections, joni ernst, theresa greenfield, commodity prices, corn prices, soybean prices, 2014 elections, bruce braley, chuck grassley, 2016 presidential election, donald trump, vision 2020, debates >
- Breitbart News 04:12October 10, 2020GOP Narrows Voter Registration Advantage in Competitive North CarolinaThe Republican Party under President Donald Trump has narrowed the voter registration gap with Democrats in North Carolina, a prime 2020 battleground.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2016 presidential election, 2020 Presidential Race, Donald Trump, Greg Murphy, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Mark Meadows, Mitt Romney, North Carolina, Wayne King >
- New York Magazine 22:48October 5, 2020Trump’s Post-Access Hollywood Comeback Will Be Hard to RepeatAt this point in the 2016 cycle, Trump’s campaign looked dead — then he bounced back. But he went into his COVID crisis with weaker poll numbers.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, poll position, covid-19, presidential debates, hillary clinton, 2016 presidential election, access hollywood, comey letter >
- New York Magazine 19:49September 22, 2020New State Polls Show Biden Landslide and Narrow Trump Win Are Both PossibleBiden’s national lead is steady, but a shift of a few points in either direction could produce a big shift in Electoral votes.
< politics, poll position, 2020 elections, vision 2020, joe biden, donald trump, 2016 presidential election, gary peters, john james, steve bullock, steve daines, raphael warnock, kelly loeffler, doug collins, lindsey graham, jaime harrison, theresa greenfield, joni ernst, david perdue, jon ossoff >
- New York Magazine 03:09September 17, 2020MAGA Visibility Is Making Democrats NervousBiden is relying less on his ground game and more on digital organizing, worrying some supporters who are seeing a preponderance of Trump lawn signs.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, maga, joe biden, michigan, digital organizing, get out the vote, boat parades, 2016 presidential election, hillary clinton >
- New York Magazine 03:36September 16, 2020Ranked-Choice Voting Would Prevent Minor Party SpoilersSusan Collins might not like Maine’s new system come November, but it helps protect the freedom to choose minor parties and avoids the “spoiled” vote.
< politics, vision 2020, 2020 elections, maine, ranked-choice voting, susan collins, sara gideon, green party, lisa savage, donald trump, hillary clinton, 2016 presidential election, minor parties >
- New York Magazine 20:20September 14, 202050 Days Out, Biden Doing Better in Polls Than Clinton, Obama, or KerryThe only candidate to overcome as big a disadvantage as Trump faces now is Obama in 2008, and all hell broke loose that fall.
< politics, vision 2020, polls, donald trump, joe biden, likely voter switchover, 2004 presidential election, 2008 presidential election, 2012 presidential election, 2016 presidential election, john mccain, barack obama, george w. bush, john kerry, mitt romney, hillary clinton, poll position >
- New York Magazine 15:56September 9, 2020Is the Rust Belt or the Sun Belt the Key Battleground Region in 2020?Less than two months from Election Day, the pivotal region for the campaigns to focus on is the same one that won it all for Trump in 2016.
< politics, vision 2020, wisconsin, pennsylvania, michigan, florida, donald trump, joe biden, hillary clinton, 2016 presidential election, conservative white evangelicals, white working class voters, rust belt, sun belt >
- New York Magazine 14:00September 6, 2020Does Labor Day Mark the Beginning of the Real Presidential Race?Legend aside, most presidential races are largely decided before Labor Day, with partisan polarization and early voting contributing to that reality.
< politics, vision 2020, labor day, presidential candidates, 2012 presidential election, 2008 presidential election, 2016 presidential election, donald trump, barack obama, barry goldwater, mitt romney, john mccain, hillary clinton >
- Business Insider 20:17September 3, 2020Facebook slumps 6% after saying it will ban new political adds in the week before the presidential election"This election is not going to be business as usual," wrote CEO Mark Zuckerberg in the Thursday post.
< Markets, Facebook, Facebook stock, facebook stock price, Mark Zuckerberg, 2020 Presidential Election, 2016 Presidential Election, Russia, Social Media, Voting, Facebook Ads, Political ads, Ban, Voter Supression, Misinformation, campaign, campaign 2020, campaign ad, Campaign Ads, Campaign advertising, FB >
- Breitbart News 02:46September 3, 2020Data: New Foreign-Born Voters in Swing States Exceed 2016 Margins of VictoryThe number of new foreign-born voters, naturalized since 2014, exceeds the 2016 margins of victory in a number of swing states, new data reveals.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, 2016 presidential election, Biden, Chain Migration, Green Cards, legal immigration, mass immigration, naturalized citizens, swing states, Trump >
- New York Magazine 22:05September 2, 2020Polls Reveal the Conventions to Be Enormous Waste of Time and EffortThe basic shape of the race hasn’t changed after the conventions, though a poll from Pennsylvania is good news for Trump
< politics, vision 2020, polls, democratic national convention, republican national convention, joe biden, donald trump, 2016 presidential election, hillary clinton, presidential job approval, favorability ratings, pennsylvania >