- Breitbart News 03:37November 19, 2020Former NFL Star Ben Watson Rebukes Raphael Warnock on Claim Abortion Is 'Justice'Former NFL star Ben Watson rebuked Democrat Senate candidate Raphael Warnock over his support for abortion as essential to achieve “reproductive justice.”
< 2020 Election, Politics, Sports, abortion on demand, Ben Watson, Georgia, Georgia Senate Run offs, Kelly Loeffler, Planned Parenthood, pro-life policy, Raphael Warnock, Reproductive Justice, Tony Dungy >
- Breitbart News 05:47November 18, 2020Media Announce Biden Plans to Scrap Trump’s Pro-Life PoliciesIf Joe Biden becomes president, one of his first moves, left-wing media say, will be to scrap Trump’s pro-life policies.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, Abortion, Associated Press, Catholic faith, Donald Trump, HHS contraceptive mandate, Hyde Amendment, Joe Biden, liberal media, Little Sisters of the Poor, pro-life policy, Roe v. Wade, taxpayer-funded abortions, Washington Post >
- Breitbart News 00:43November 18, 2020Raphael Warnock: Abortion ‘Consistent with My View as a Christian Minister’In an interview with WGAU’s Tim Bryant in August, Georgia Senate candidate Raphael Warnock said abortion is consistent with his philosophy as a Christian minister.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, Abortion, Christian faith, David Perdue, Georgia, Kelly Loeffler, Planned Parenthood, Raphael Warnock, run-off election, Susan B. Anthony List >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:13November 17, 2020Marie Stopes charity changes name in break with founder's view on eugenicsOrganisation says Black Lives Matter movement reaffirmed commitment to changing name to MSI Reproductive ChoicesMarie Stopes International (MSI) is to change its name in an attempt to break its association with the family planning pioneer.From Tuesday, the abortion and contraception provider, which operates in 37 countries, will abbreviate the initials and go by the name MSI Reproductive Choices. Continue reading...
< Reproductive rights, Global development, Women's rights and gender equality, Contraception and family planning, Reproductive rights, Health, Society, World news, Black Lives Matter movement, 'Global gag rule', Abortion, Women >
- Huffington Post UK 03:01November 17, 2020Marie Stopes UK Finally Changes Name To Cut Ties With Eugenicist
< Women, Abortion, Contraception, Marie Stopes, Family Planning, eugenics, women, abortion, contraception, marie-stopes, family-planning, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 16:28November 6, 2020'A backlash against a patriarchal culture': How Polish protests go beyond abortion rightsMass demonstrations have exposed underlying anger at political and religious interference in people’s everyday livesFor 14 nights they have marched, enraged by a near-total ban on abortion that has stirred a generation to stage the largest mass demonstrations that Poland has seen since Solidarność toppled the communist regime in the 1980s.Until soaring coronavirus numbers and a looming national lockdown made it almost impossible, up to a million people nightly have defied a government ban on protests, taking to the streets from Warsaw to Łódź, Poznań to Wrocław, Gdańsk to Kraków. Continue reading...
< Poland, Abortion, Europe, Women, World news, Gender, Catholicism, Religion, Christianity >
- New York Times 19:12November 4, 2020Poland Delays a Near-Total Ban on AbortionThe move came after two weeks of protests that were the most intense in the country since the 1989 collapse of communism.
< Poland, Abortion, Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Law and Legislation, Women and Girls, Pregnancy and Childbirth >
- The Guardian 17:16November 3, 2020Poland delays abortion ban as nationwide protests continueAnti-government rallies continue over court’s ruling to restrict access to terminationsPoland’s rightwing government has delayed implementation of a controversial court ruling that would outlaw almost all abortion after it prompted the largest protests since the fall of communism.“There is a discussion going on, and it would be good to take some time for dialogue and for finding a new position in this situation, which is difficult and stirs high emotions,” Michał Dworczyk, the head of the prime minister’s office, told Polish media on Tuesday. Continue reading...
< Poland, Abortion, Women, Europe, World news, Protest, Law >
- Business Insider 19:27November 2, 2020Louisiana Amendment 1 to establish no constitutional right to abortion: resultsState laws on abortion have taken on new significance with the confirmation of Justice Amy Coney Barrett.
< Election 2020, Politics, Louisiana, Abortion, 2020 election, INSIDER Data, DDHQ >
- Business Insider 19:07November 2, 2020Results of Colorado Proposition 115 to ban abortions at 22 weeks of pregnancyColorado is one of six states that don't have any laws on their books restricting abortion after a certain number of weeks of pregnancy.
< Election 2020, Politics, Colorado, Abortion, 2020 election, DDHQ, INSIDER Data >
- New York Times 00:44October 31, 2020Poland’s Abortion Ban Spurs Largest Protests in DecadesOutraged by a court decision to ban nearly all abortions, tens of thousands of women took to the streets of Poland’s capital on Friday, culminating a week of big protests across the country.
< Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Politics and Government, Women and Girls, Abortion, Human Rights and Human Rights Violations, European Union, Law and Justice (Poland), Roman Catholic Church, TVP (Polish Television), Duda, Andrzej (1972- ), Kaczynski, Jaroslaw, Morawiecki, Mateusz, Europe, Poland, Warsaw (Poland) >
- Business Insider 20:36October 30, 2020Ivanka Trump says she is 'unapologetically' anti-abortion"I am pro-life, and unapologetically so," Ivanka Trump said days ahead of an election that will determine whether her father is reelected president.
< Election 2020, Politics, Ivanka Trump, Trump, Abortion, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 14:34October 30, 20209 upcoming Supreme Court cases where Amy Coney Barrett could be the deciding voteAmy Coney Barrett's elevation to the Supreme Court means that the more conservative justices can out-vote its occasional swing justice.
< Politics, News, Features, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court, Donald Trump, Immigration, Abortion, Voting, original reporting >
- New York Times 22:53October 28, 2020Protests in Poland Over Abortion Law Continue for Sixth DayThe leader of Poland’s ruling party, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, accused demonstrators of seeking the destruction of the nation and appealed to supporters to “defend Poland.”
< Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Women and Girls, Legislatures and Parliaments, Abortion, Warsaw (Poland), Poland >
- Business Insider 17:37October 28, 2020As a lifelong Catholic and former US diplomat, I'm worried the Church is turning its members into pro-life single-issue voters at the expense of America's democracyConfirming Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court before the election could free Catholic voters to not vote single-issue.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Catholic, Politics, Religion, Abortion, Election 2020, Trump, Biden, Amy Coney Barrett >
- Breitbart News 12:24October 28, 2020Franklin Graham: Look Closely at Kamala Harris -- 'Most Liberal Senator in Congress'With only a week before Election Day, Christian leader Rev. Franklin Graham asked his followers to evaluate the two candidates for vice president, should it become necessary for either of them to assume the office of president.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, 2nd Amendment, Abortion, Christianity, Franklin Graham, Kamala Harris, Mike Pence, Religious freedom, taxes >
- New York Times 17:49October 27, 2020Why a New Abortion Ban in Poland Is Tearing the Country ApartThe ruling party has tried and failed in the Parliament to restrict abortion. Now the courts it controls have done it, instead, sparking the biggest protests since the government came to power.
< Abortion, Women's Rights, Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Churches (Buildings), Roman Catholic Church, Law and Justice (Poland), Duda, Andrzej (1972- ), Poland >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:52October 26, 2020Polish pro-choice protests continue with blockades and red paintThousands march in opposition to ruling that could lead to near total ban on abortionsThousands of protesters turned out in towns and cities across Poland on Monday as a political crisis sparked by an impending near total ban on abortion showed no sign of abating.Drivers created a series of blockades in city centres and thousands of people marched to express their anger at a ruling by Poland’s constitutional tribunal that, if implemented, would ban terminations even in instances where a foetus is diagnosed with a serious and irreversible birth defect. Continue reading...
< Poland, Europe, World news, Abortion >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:31October 24, 2020Thousands join Poland protests against strict abortion lawsProtests follow ruling that law allowing abortion of malformed foetuses is incompatible with constitutionThousands marched in cities across Poland on Saturday in the third straight day of protests against a near-total ban on abortion in the EU country, with some promising further action in the coming days.The protesters were reacting to Thursday’s ruling by Poland’s constitutional court that an existing law allowing the abortion of malformed foetuses was “incompatible” with the constitution. Continue reading...
< Poland, Abortion, Reproductive rights, Protest, Europe, World news >
- Breitbart News 03:00October 24, 2020Trump Admin Leads 32 Nations in U.N. Rebuke: No International ‘Right’ to AbortionThe Trump administration led a 32-nation signing ceremony of a declaration that affirms there is no international right to abortion.
< Faith, Latin America, Politics, Abortion, Alex Azar, Mike Pompeo, pro-life policy, right to life, Trump Administration, United Nations, Women's Health, World Health Organization >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:04October 23, 2020Pro-choice protesters march in Polish cities amid abortion ban angerCrowd confronts police outside home of Jarosław Kaczyński, leader of Poland’s ruling partyPro-choice protesters marched in cities across Poland on Friday amid public anger over a ruling banning almost all abortion in the country.An angry crowd confronted riot police near the Warsaw house of Jarosław Kaczyński, the leader of Poland’s rightwing ruling party, and waved signs that read, “You Have Blood on Your Hands” and “You are Building Women’s Hell”. Continue reading...
< Poland, Abortion, Europe, Protest, Women, World news >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:31October 22, 2020Poland rules abortion due to foetal defects unconstitutionalConstitutional court’s ruling could pave way for governing PiS party to move ahead with legislative banPoland’s constitutional tribunal has ruled that abortion due to foetal defects is unconstitutional, rejecting the most common of the few legal grounds for pregnancy termination in the predominantly Catholic country.Chief justice Julia Przyłębska said in a ruling that existing legislation – one of Europe’s most restrictive – that allows for the abortion of malformed foetuses was “incompatible” with the constitution. Continue reading...
< Poland, Abortion, Human rights, Donald Tusk, Europe, Law, Women, Health, World news >
- New York Times 17:31October 22, 2020Poland Court Ruling Effectively Bans Legal AbortionsThe decision, which cannot be appealed, halts pregnancy terminations for fetal abnormalities, virtually the only type currently performed in the country.
< Women's Rights, Abortion, Constitutions, Women and Girls, European Union, Law and Justice (Poland), Kaczynski, Jaroslaw >
- Breitbart News 23:49October 17, 2020Compilation of Signs at D.C. Women's March: 'We Are Not Ovary-Acting'Participants brought signs with various sayings written on them, such as "We Are Not Ovary-Acting" to the Women's March in Washington, D.C., on Saturday.
< Health, Politics, Pre-Viral, Abortion Clinics, Amy Coney Barrett, Catholic, Death penalty, Washington DC, Women's March >
- Breitbart News 19:29October 16, 2020Ashley Judd: Amy Coney Barrett’s Confirmation ‘Would Haul Us Back in Time’Actress and left-wing activist Ashley Judd wrote at CNN that Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation to the Supreme Court would cause women’s equality to suffer and “haul us back in time.”
< 2020 Election, Entertainment, Politics, Abortion, Amy Coney Barrett, Ashley Judd, child sex abuse, equality, Kamala Harris, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court, Women's Rights >
- Business Insider 17:18October 16, 2020We have all benefitted from human fetal tissue research, including President Trump. Here's how.The Trump administration has ended new human fetal tissue research. It could be used to hunt for good coronavirus treatments during the pandemic.
< Science, News, Public Health, President Trump, coronavirus, Fetal Tissue, Abortion >
- New York Magazine 14:00October 14, 2020Why the Barrett Hearings Are Generating Less Outrage Than Kavanagh’sUnlike Trump’s last Supreme Court pick, Barrett is not embroiled in scandal — but that’s not the only reason the temperature is lower this time.
< politics, supreme court, vision 2020, amy coney barrett, brett kavanaugh, christine blasey ford, catholicism, federalist society, 2018 midterms, health care, obamacare, california v. texas, abortion >
- Breitbart News 04:19October 14, 2020Kamala Harris Cites Planned Parenthood, NAACP in Opposition to Amy Coney BarrettIn an effort to show her opposition towards the nominee, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) cited letters from Planned Parenthood and the NAACP during Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday.
< Politics, Abortion, Amy Coney Barrett, Kamala Harris, NAACP, Planned Parenthood, Senate Judiciary Committee >
- Business Insider 23:48October 13, 2020Amy Coney Barrett avoided answering questions from senators by citing the 'Ginsburg rule,' but legal scholars say it's not a valid excuseThe truth is that Ginsburg directly answered a number of questions on hotbed topics during her confirmation hearings 27 years ago.
< Politics, News, Amy Coney Barrett, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court, Donald Trump, Abortion, Roe v Wade >
- The Guardian 20:16October 13, 2020Amy Coney Barrett dodges abortion, healthcare and election law questionsDemocrats press supreme court nominee with little success Barrett argues she is not a pundit, on second day of hearingsUS politics – live coverageOn the second day of hearings before the Senate judiciary committee, Democrats pressed supreme court nominee Amy Coney Barrett on healthcare, election law and abortion rights – and met with little success. Related: 'Slayer Pete': Buttigieg emerges as Biden's unlikely Fox News fighter Continue reading...
< Amy Coney Barrett, US supreme court, Law (US), US news, US politics, Abortion, Donald Trump, Republicans, US Senate >
- Business Insider 17:34October 13, 2020Amy Coney Barrett won't say whether she thinks Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided as her mentor Scalia argued"I can't express views on cases or pre-commit," Barrett said on the second day of her confirmation hearings.
< Politics, News, Amy Coney Barrett, Roe v Wade, Abortion, Donald Trump, Supreme Court, Antonin Scalia >
- Breitbart News 11:07October 12, 2020Tennessee Bishop Asks Biden How He Will Explain His Abortion Position to GodThe redoubtable bishop of Knoxville (TN) has once again questioned the integrity of Joe Biden’s Catholic faith, given his public support for abortion on demand.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Abortion, Joe Biden, Rick Stika, U.S. bishops >
- Business Insider 22:09October 11, 2020Amy Coney Barrett will tell the Senate that courts 'should not try' to make policy decisionsIf confirmed, Amy Coney Barrett would give conservatives a 6-3 majority on the nation's highest court.
< Politics, News, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court, Health Care, Abortion >
- Business Insider 22:33October 10, 2020Amy Coney Barrett reveals she signed ad that called Roe v. Wade 'infamous'Barrett previously omitted information revealing that she had signed on to an anti-abortion ad in 2006.
< Politics, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court, Roe v Wade, Abortion, Religion, Senate Democrats, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 00:24October 10, 2020Anti-abortion groups say they stand behind Trump's use of a drug tested on cells derived from an aborted fetus because the president 'was not involved with that abortion'Trump has restricted the use of fetal tissue for research, but his COVID-19 treatment was tested using cells derived from a fetus aborted in 1972.
< Science, Politics, Health, Science, Abortion, coronavirus, Trump, Politics, Stem Cells, antibody >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:12October 9, 2020Covid drug given to Trump developed using cells derived from aborted fetusTrump touts Regeneron antibody cocktail as a potential ‘cure’ while he has consistently sought to restrict abortion accessOne of the drugs taken by Donald Trump that he has touted as a potential “cure” for coronavirus was developed using human cells originally obtained from an elective abortion, a practice repeatedly denounced by the president and many of his supporters.The drug is a monoclonal antibody cocktail developed by Regeneron. The president received an 8-gram infusion under a “compassionate use” exemption when he was hospitalized over the weekend after testing positive for Covid-19. There is no cure for Covid-19, and the drug is not approved. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus outbreak, Donald Trump, Abortion, US news, US politics, Science >
- New York Magazine 22:01October 8, 2020Pence Won’t Own Up to His Anti-Abortion CrusadeIf we know nothing else about the vice-president, it’s that he is devoted to the most extreme position on abortion policy available.
< politics, vision 2020, mike pence, kamala harris, donald trump, joe biden, abortion, roe v. wade, amy coney barrett, personhood, indiana, defunding planned parenthood, republican party platform, christian right, 2020 vice presidential debate >
- Business Insider 16:28October 8, 2020One of Trump's COVID-19 treatments was developed using tissue that originally came from an abortion. He's tried to ban this kind of research.Regeneron tested its antibodies with cells derived from an abortion in the Netherlands. Trump's administration tried banning the use of such cells.
< Science, Politics, Donald Trump, coronavirus, COVID-19, regeneron, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, coronavirus treatment, antibodies, News UK, Abortion >
- Breitbart News 19:00October 7, 2020Joe Biden Vows to ‘Pass Legislation Making Roe the Law of the Land’Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden said, if elected, he will make “the only responsible response” to confirmation of Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court, which, he said, is to ensure legislation passes that makes Roe v. Wade “the law of the land.”
< 2020 Election, Health, Politics, abortion on demand, Affordable Care Act, Amy Coney Barrett, contraceptive mandate, free birth control, Joe Biden, Obamacare, Roe v. Wade, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 06:10October 6, 2020Kamala Harris Courts Mormon Voters Ahead of VP Debate in Salt Lake CityDemocrat VP candidate Kamala Harris wrote in an oped in a Utah newspaper that Joe Biden as president would "restore" American values.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, 2020 presidential election, Abortion, Arizona, Democrat, faith, Kamala Harris, Mormon, Nevada, Planned Parenthood, Salt Lake City, Utah >
- Business Insider 20:32October 1, 2020Amy Coney Barrett signed an advertisement by an anti-abortion group that supports criminalizing doctors who perform the procedure, new report says"We ... oppose abortion on demand and defend the right to life from fertilization to natural death. Please continue to pray to end abortion," the ad said.
< Politics, News, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court, Donald Trump, Abortion, Joe Biden, 2020 election, Pro-life >
- New York Magazine 20:34September 29, 2020Trump Disrespects His Religious Followers, Former Aides SayConservative evangelical leaders may cynically accept a transactional relationship with a heathenish president, but in the pews they still believe.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, conservative evangelicals, abortion, lgbtq rights, joe biden, amy coney barrett, supreme court, prosperity gospel, michael cohen >
- Business Insider 18:50September 29, 2020'They're all hustlers': President Trump privately ridicules Christian leaders, according to new reportThe report comes at a time when the President has attacked Joe Biden on religion and accused Democrats of targeting Amy Coney Barrett's Catholicism.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Evangelical Christians, Catholicism, Religion, Amy Coney Barrett, Supreme Court, Abortion >
- The Guardian 18:25September 27, 2020Trump says overturning Roe v Wade 'possible' with Barrett on supreme courtPresident tells Fox & Friends ‘I think it will work out’US politics – live coveragePolls tracker: who is leading in the swing states?Amy Coney Barrett: what will she mean for women’s rights?Donald Trump has said it “is certainly possible” Amy Coney Barrett will be part of a supreme court decision overturning Roe v Wade, the 1973 ruling which made abortion legal in the US. Related: What a piece of work is this man: Trump trolls liberals with Barrett history play | David Smith's sketch Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US supreme court, Roe v Wade, Abortion, Law (US), US politics, US elections 2020, US news, World news, Amy Coney Barrett >
- Breitbart News 00:33September 27, 2020‘It’s Our Time’: Americans for Life and Faith Celebrate Trump’s Choice of Amy Coney BarrettAmericans dedicated to protecting life and religious freedom are celebrating Trump’s choice of Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court.
< 2020 Election, Faith, Politics, Abortion, Affordable Care Act, Amy Coney Barrett, contraceptive mandate, Donald Trump, Obamacare, Pro-Life Movement, Religious freedom, U.S. Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 00:09September 27, 2020Are Amy Coney Barrett’s Religious Views Fair Game for Tough Questions?Charismatic Catholicism may seem alien to many Americans. But Barrett’s critics really need to educate themselves before diving down rabbit holes.
< politics, supreme court, amy coney barrett, catholicism, supreme court, donald trump, espinoza v. montana department of revenue, blaine amendments, conservative evangelicals, abortion, lgbtq rights, same-sex marriage, notre dame university, charismatic renewal movement, pentecostals, speaking in tongues, latinos, people of praise >
- Breitbart News 00:06September 27, 2020Donald Trump Nominates Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme CourtThe president's choice demonstrates he did not waver from the idea of choosing Barrett to replace Ginsburg with another woman on the Supreme Court.
< Politics, Abortion, Amy Coney Barrett, Anthony Kennedy, Antonin Scalia, Brett Kavanaugh, Dianne Feinstein, Donald Trump, Obamacare, Roe v. Wade, Roman Catholic, Second Amendment >
- Breitbart News 23:10September 26, 2020Wendy Davis Silent as Former Senior Staffer Smears Amy Coney Barrett’s ChildrenTexas Democrat Wendy Davis is silent as her former Chief Technology Officer, John Lee Brougher, was one of several Democrats to smear Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s adopted children from Haiti Friday night.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Abortion, Amy Coney Barrett, Chip Roy, Donald Trump, hip Roy, NextGen America, On the Hill, Supreme Court, Tom Steyer, Wendy Davis >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:27September 26, 2020Trump set to pick Amy Coney Barrett for supreme court, stoking liberal backlashIndiana conservative would replace Ruth Bader GinsburgSpotlight falls on secretive Catholic group People of PraiseUS politics – live coverageDonald Trump’s expected pick for America’s highest court, Amy Coney Barrett, is an “ideological fanatic” who threatens abortion rights, healthcare and the environment, activists warned as the White House unveiling of the president’s third supreme court pick approached. Related: 'Not special any more': how the Senate has failed the American people Continue reading...
< US supreme court, US constitution and civil liberties, Law (US), US news, US politics, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, US elections 2020, Republicans, Democrats, US Senate, US Congress, World news, US healthcare, LGBT rights, Abortion, US domestic policy >
- Huffington Post UK 10:34September 26, 2020Amy Coney Barrett Is Trump's Likely Supreme Court Pick. Here's What We Know About Her.
< Donald Trump, Politics, Abortion, Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Amy Coney Barrett, donald-trump, politics, abortion, supreme-court, united-states-court-of-appeals-for-the-seventh-circuit, amy-coney-barrett, NEWS, news >