- Breitbart News 17:44November 27, 2020Donald Trump: 'Facts Are on Our Side' in Election Fight, but 'Time Isn't'"As to whether or not I can get this apparatus moving this quickly--because time isn’t on our side...," Trump said. "Everything else is on our side. Facts are on our side."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Thanksgiving, voter fraud >
- Huffington Post UK 12:38November 27, 2020Trump Flips Out At Reporter: 'Don't Ever Talk To The President That Way'
< Politics and Government, Donald Trump, White House, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, President of the United States, electoral fraud, Jeff Mason, politics-and-government, donald-trump, white-house, joe-biden, barack-obama, president-of-the-united-states, electoral-fraud, jeff-mason, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 15:00November 26, 2020EXCLUSIVE – Cuban Artists Ask Hollywood for Support, Urge Biden to Abandon Obama PoliciesA spokesman for the San Isidro Movement, a pro-democracy artist collective in Cuba, told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview that President Barack Obama's appeasement policy towards the island was "not functional" and that any dealings with the communist regime must pressure it to respect individual dignity.
< Latin America, National Security, Barack Obama, communism, Cuba, Denis Solis, Hollywood, Joe Biden, San Isidro Movement >
- Breitbart News 02:49November 26, 2020Photos: Obama Attacks Trump for Using Same 'Cages' at Border He UsedPresident Obama attacked President Trump on Wednesday for utilizing so-called "cages" at the United States-Mexico border to detain border crossers – the very same "cages" used by his Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, Barack Obama, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, mass immigration, Obama, Southern Border, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S.-Mexico border >
- Business Insider 22:33November 25, 2020In an apparent dig at the Trump administration, Obama says Biden's foreign policy team will 'know where countries are'Trump mispronounced Nepal and Bhutan in June 2017, and when looking at a map, had to be told where the countries were located, Politico reported.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Stephen Colbert, Foreign Policy, Geography, Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo, Nepal, Bhutan, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 21:56November 25, 2020'This is not a 3rd Obama term,' Biden says amid criticism for hiring a slew of ex-Obama officials for top White House roles"We face a totally different world than we faced in the Obama-Biden administration," Biden said. "It's become America first. It's been America alone."
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, 2020 election >
- Breitbart News 20:23November 25, 2020Obama: Not Easy to 'Unwind' Fox News, Rush Limbaugh Falsely Claiming 'White Males Are Victims'Former President Barack Obama explained Wednesday on "The Breakfast Club" radio show that it will take time to unwind the "Fox News and Rush Limbaugh" narrative that "white males are victims.
< Clips, Politics, Barack Obama, Democrats, Fox News, Republicans, Rush Limbaugh >
- The Guardian 20:02November 25, 2020Obama: Republicans portraying white men as 'victims' helped Trump win votesFormer president made remark about Republican messaging in interview with Breakfast Club Barack Obama said part of the reason 73 million Americans voted to re-elect Donald Trump in the election was because of messaging from Republicans that the country, particularly white men, are under attack.In an interview with the radio show the Breakfast Club on Wednesday to promote his new memoir A Promised Land, Obama said Trump’s administration, which he did not name directly, “objectively has failed, miserably, in handling just basic looking after the American people and keeping them safe”, and yet he still secured millions of votes. Continue reading...
< Barack Obama, US politics, US news, World news >
- Breitbart News 19:40November 25, 2020Obama Rips Trump in Colbert Interview: 'Exceeded' My Worst Fears About His PresidencyFormer president Barack Obama told CBS's "The Late Show" host Stephen Colbert that the Trump administration has "exceeded" his worst fears, adding that he believes President Donald Trump has mismanaged the coronavirus pandemic.
< Entertainment, Politics, Barack Obama, CBS, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Stephen Colbert, The Late Show >
- Business Insider 10:29November 25, 2020Obama vented his frustration at the Trump administration's handing of the pandemic to Stephen Colbert, saying don't 'undermine the leading epidemiologist' and call him an 'idiot'Obama said the US COVID-19 response could have done better by "preliminarily communicating effectively" and "respecting the science."
< Politics, News, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, coronavirus, COVID-19, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 01:10November 25, 2020Biden's pick for US spy chief played a central role in Obama's secretive drone war that resulted in hundreds of civilian deathsSome progressives have accused Haines of complicity in the CIA's use of torture after 9/11. A critic called her Biden's "most problematic pick yet."
< Politics, News, Military & Defense, Avril Haines, Drones, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Torture, CIA, original reporting >
- Breitbart News 00:55November 25, 2020'Old A** Idiot': James Mattis' Call to End 'America First' Prompts Swift BacklashMattis prompted a backlash from conservatives after he calling to eliminate "America First" from the nation's national security strategy.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Afghanistan, Barack Obama, Defense Department, globalist, Iran, Iraq, ISIS, Jim Mattis, Michèle Flournoy, Never Trumpers, Pentagon >
- Business Insider 23:26November 24, 2020Biden's foreign policy will be 'day and night' from Trump's but he faces massive challenges, veteran diplomats warn"You're not going to have daily, sometimes hourly tweets on sensitive foreign policy matters," one veteran diplomat told Insider.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Foreign Policy, China, Iran, Russia, Barack Obama, original reporting, COVID-19 >
- Business Insider 20:38November 24, 2020'It's f---ed up': Campaign staff who helped Biden get elected are grumbling that ex-Obama officials are snatching up White House jobs"None of these people found the courage to help the VP when he was running ," a Biden advisor told Politico. "People are pissed," said another.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Barack Obama >
- Huffington Post UK 16:00November 24, 2020Self-Confessed Troll Donald Trump Jr. Shares Fake Video Of His Dad Beating Up Biden
< Donald Trump, Politics, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, donald trump jr, Mike Pence, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Chris Christie, A Bronx Tale, donald-trump, politics, joe-biden, barack-obama, hillary-clinton, donald-trump-jr, mike-pence, kamala-harris, nancy-pelosi, alexandria-ocasio-cortez, chris-christie, a-bronx-tale, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 22:03November 23, 2020John Kerry to Return in Biden Administration as 'Climate Czar'Former Massachusetts senator and Secretary of State John Kerry is slated to return to government as a special presidential envoy on climate under a prospective Biden administration, the Biden transition team announced Monday.
< Environment, Politics, Barack Obama, Iran Nuclear Deal, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Paris Climate Accord, Syria >
- Business Insider 17:34November 22, 2020Biden's climate change policies are better than Trump's, but they still aren't enough to prevent a climate catastropheWhile it may be better than what Trump has accomplished, Biden's plan is not the kind of decisive action that experts and activists are calling for.
< Opinion, Politics, Science, BI Commentary, Opinion, Climate Change, Global Warming, 2020 election, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Paris Climate Agreement >
- Guardian 10:00November 22, 2020A Promised Land by Barack Obama review – behind the power and the pompAmerica’s former commander-in-chief shares his character flaws and fears for the presidency in this poetic, introspective account of his childhood and first term in the White HouseLike the best autobiographers, Barack Obama writes about himself in the hope of discovering who or even what he is. It’s a paradoxical project for a man who is universally known and idolised, but this uncertainty or insecurity is his motivating force and his most endearing quality. Born to a father from Kenya and a mother from Kansas, brought up in Indonesia and Hawaii, educated in California and New York, he has a plural personality. His mother anglicised his given name by calling him Barry, though he liked to pretend that it was a tribal epithet that identified him as a chieftain. As a candidate for the Senate, he admitted that he was “improbable”; campaigning for the presidency, he revised the adjective to “audacious”. Now, in this searchingly introspective account of his first presidential term, he divests himself of the “power and pomp” of office, disassembles the “ill-fitting parts” that make him up and ponders his similarity to “a platypus or some imaginary beast”, unsure of its dwindling habitat.The book, he says, was written by hand, because he mistrusts the smooth gloss of a digital text: he wants to expose “half-baked thoughts”, to scrutinise the first drafts of a person. He mistrusts his own eloquence as an orator, even though it “taps into some collective spirit” and leaves him with a “sugar high”. Hunched at his desk, he has to renounce those winged words and submit to a more reflective self-interrogation. “Is it worth it?”his wife, Michelle, demands as his political ambition upends their placid family life. “When is it going to be enough?” she asks later. Obama, glimpsing himself through her eyes as “this strange guy with a scruffy wardrobe and crazy dreams”, is not sure how to answer. After his election to the Senate, a reporter deferentially inquires: “What do you consider your place in history?”, to which Obama replies with incredulous laughter. Told that he has been awarded the Nobel peace prize, he addresses the question more probingly to himself: “For what?” he says. Continue reading...
< Autobiography and memoir, Barack Obama, Books, Culture, US news >
- Business Insider 18:28November 21, 2020Merrick Garland is being considered for Attorney General in the Biden administration: reportThe federal judge was nominated to the Supreme Court by Barack Obama in 2016 but infamously had his nomination blocked by Senate Republicans.
< Politics, Merrick Garland, Supreme Court, Joe Biden, federal judge, Barack Obama, Mitch McConell, Senate, US Attorney General >
- Business Insider 14:30November 21, 2020Barack Obama's record-setting memoir, 'A Promised Land', is causing headaches for indie bookstores that are struggling to fulfil ordersBarack Obama's memoir "A Promised Land" sold almost 900,000 copies in the U.S. and Canada in its first 24 hours, setting a record for ex-presidents.
< Books, Barack Obama, Presidents, Publishing, UK Weekend, Memoir, US Politics >
- Guardian 11:00November 21, 2020Barack Obama on the moment he won the presidency – exclusive extractIn this excerpt from A Promised Land, the former president remembers the anxious run-up to the 2008 election. Scroll down to hear a clip of him reading from itInterview: Obama talks Trump, Biden, golf and conspiracy theoriesMore than anything campaign-related, it was news out of Hawaii that tempered my mood in October’s waning days. My sister Maya called, saying the doctors didn’t think Toot [Obama’s grandmother] would last much longer, perhaps no more than a week. She was now confined to a rented hospital bed in the living room of her apartment, under the care of a hospice nurse and on palliative drugs. Although she had startled my sister with a sudden burst of lucidity the previous evening, asking for the latest campaign news along with a glass of wine and a cigarette, she was now slipping in and out of consciousness.And so, 12 days before the election, I made a 36-hour trip to Honolulu to say goodbye. Maya was waiting for me when I arrived at Toot’s apartment; I saw that she had been sitting on the couch with a couple of shoeboxes of old photographs and letters. “I thought you might want to take some back with you,” she said. I picked up a few photos from the coffee table. My grandparents and my eight-year-old mother, laughing in a grassy field at Yosemite. Me at the age of four or five, riding on Gramps’s shoulders as waves splashed around us. The four of us with Maya, still a toddler, smiling in front of a Christmas tree. Continue reading...
< Barack Obama, Books, Autobiography and memoir, Culture, US news, Biography books, US politics, World news >
- Business Insider 22:52November 20, 2020Obama thanked Navy SEAL McRaven for overseeing the bin Laden raid by gifting him a tape measureThe unusual gift was a kind of inside joke, a reference to something Obama said after the SEALs brought bin Laden's body back.
< Military & Defense, Politics, International, Barack Obama, William McRaven, A Promised Land, Osama bin Laden >
- Business Insider 19:53November 20, 2020Barack Obama humiliated Indian politicians in his new memoir 'A Promised Land,' a senior lawyer claimed in a new civil suitThe senior lawyer who filed the suit claims that passages in Barack Obama's "A Promised Land" about two Indian politicians were "humiliating."
< Politics, Barack Obama, Obama, president obama, India, Indian politics, Politics, Memoir, A Promised Land, Book, Books >
- Breitbart News 18:08November 20, 2020Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel: 'We Can Always Send the Navy SEALS' to Remove Trump from White HouseFormer President Barack Obama told ABC's left-wing late night host Jimmy Kimmel that "we can always send the Navy SEALs" to physically remove President Donald Trump from the White House.
< Entertainment, Politics, ABC, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Kimmel Live >
- Business Insider 13:56November 20, 2020Obama joked that Trump might have to get dragged out of the White House by Navy SEALs if he keeps refusing to concedeBarack Obama appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," where Kimmel aksed what might happen if Trump were to physically refuse to leave the White House.
< Politics, Military & Defense, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Navy Seals, White House, News UK >
- Huffington Post UK 11:43November 20, 2020Jimmy Kimmel Stuns Barack Obama With An Absolutely Filthy 'Personal Question'
< Celebrities, Barack Obama, entertainment, Michelle Obama, Jimmy Kimmel, celebrities, barack-obama, michelle-obama, jimmy-kimmel, ENTERTAINMENT >
- Breitbart News 10:21November 20, 2020Obama: 'No Actual Evidence' Anything Illegal, Fraudulent Took Place in Election -- Trump Has Shown 'Flimsy Relationship' to the TruthDuring an hour-long special to promote his recently released book "A Promised Land," former President Barack Obama dismissed suggestions that anything inappropriate had taken place in the presidential election earlier this month.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, jonathan capehart, MSNBC >
- Huffington Post UK 15:17November 19, 2020Barack Obama Plays Footsie With Oprah Winfrey During Fireside Chat, Even Though They’re Thousands Of Miles Apart
< uktv, Barack Obama, oprah winfrey, The Brightside, barack-obama, oprah-winfrey, the-brightside, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Business Insider 04:05November 19, 2020Barack Obama breaks a first-day sales record for a presidential memoir, with nearly 890,000 copies purchasedThe former president's highly-anticipated memoir, "A Promised Land," has sold over 890,000 copies in its first day. It is the first of two volumes.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, A Promised Land, Memoir, Books, Michelle Obama, Obama Administration, 2020 election >
- The Guardian 03:42November 19, 2020Obama’s A Promised Land on track to become best selling presidential memoirIn its first day, the book sold nearly 890,000 copies in the US and Canada, beating sales of Michelle Obama’s BecomingBarack Obama’s new book A Promised Land has sold nearly 890,000 copies in the US and Canada in its first 24 hours, putting it on track to become the best selling presidential memoir in modern history.The first-day sales, which set a record for Penguin Random House, includes pre-orders, e-books and audio. Continue reading...
< Barack Obama, Books, US politics, US news >
- Business Insider 20:51November 18, 2020Obama quit coaching his daughter Sasha's basketball team after parents of a rival team complained"They must think being coached by you is something they can put on a Harvard application," Reggie Love, an aide to the former president, said.
< Politics, News, Barack Obama, Sasha Obama, Basketball >
- Huffington Post UK 15:27November 18, 20205 Things Barack Obama Had To Say About The UK In His New Memoir
< uk news, United Kingdom, Arts and Entertainment, us news, david cameron, White House, Barack Obama, us politics, Michelle Obama, Gordon Brown, news, united-kingdom, arts-and-entertainment, us-news, david-cameron, white-house, barack-obama, us-politics, michelle-obama, gordon-brown, NEWS, Politics, politics >
- Business Insider 00:09November 18, 2020Obama said he couldn't afford to look soft on terrorism as a 'liberal president,' but that he 'took no joy' in ordering people killedObama in his new book discussed his deep ambivalence over the killings he ordered while president as part of counterterrorism operations.
< Politics, News, Barack Obama, Drones, Drone Strikes, War on Terror, Donald Trump, George W. Bush >
- Business Insider 21:44November 17, 2020George W. Bush's bizarre claim that he'd fix the financial crisis by the end of his presidency left Obama 'at a loss for words,' according to his memoir"The good news, Barack, is that by the time you take office, we'll have taken care of the really tough stuff for you," Bush told Obama after the 2008 election.
< Politics, News, Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Economic Crisis, presidential transition, A Promised Land >
- Guardian 03:01November 17, 2020A Promised Land by Barack Obama review – memoir of a presidentDetails of historic decision-making amid growing racist resentment feature in this elegant, if restrained, account of life inside the White House To read Barack Obama’s autobiography in the last, snarling days of Donald Trump is to stare into an abyss between two opposite ends of humanity, and wonder once again at how the same country came to choose two such disparate men.Somewhere at the top of a long list of contrasts is their grasp of language and facts. On the eve of the book’s publication, Trump has been emitting staccato tweets about winning an election he has decisively lost, a claim formally labelled within 10 minutes as disinformation. At the other end of the scale, Obama’s A Promised Land is 701 pages of elegantly written narrative, contemplation and introspection, in which he frequently burrows down into his own motivations. Continue reading...
< Autobiography and memoir, Barack Obama, US politics, Books, Culture, Donald Trump, US news >
- Business Insider 23:02November 16, 2020Obama wasn't surprised that a right-wing populist could become president, but said he 'would have expected somebody a little more appealing' than TrumpThe model of masculinity Obama grew up with isn't "Richie Rich—the complaining, lying, doesn't-take-responsibility-for-anything type" that is Trump.
< News, Politics, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, The Atlantic, Populism, Masculinity >
- Breitbart News 21:34November 16, 2020Barack Obama: 'Fever' of Racism a 'Defining Feature' of American Experience"That fever, as you said, that's been a defining feature of a lot of our life," Obama said, adding that he never believed that Americans were living in a "post-racial era."
< Politics, Barack Obama, George Floyd >
- Business Insider 20:41November 16, 2020Barack Obama said social media should be regulated and treated as publishers, as Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms face potential Section 230 revisions"They are making editorial choices, whether they've buried them in algorithms or not," former President Barack Obama told The Atlantic.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News, Social Media, Barack Obama, Section 230 >
- Breitbart News 20:34November 16, 2020Barack Obama: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris 'Will Restore a Bunch of Norms’Former President Barack Obama said in an interview with National Public Radio (NPR) that people who voted for President Donald Trump may not have had “facts” because of their news sources and that he believes Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will “restore a bunch of norms.”
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Michel Martin, NPR >
- Business Insider 20:09November 16, 2020Obama says the death of local newspapers makes it difficult for politicians' ideas to break through and that there's no longer a 'common baseline of fact'The former president discussed the differences between his 2008 campaign and today's landscape, where many voters rely more heavily on national media.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Local media, Newspapers, Donald Trump, Conservatism, Democratic Party, 2020 election, Media >
- Business Insider 19:35November 16, 2020Obama says 'the bling, the women, the money' in rap music could explain Trump's increased appeal to some rappers and Black male votersThe former president said Trump's rise surprised him was because "I don't watch a lot of TV. I certainly don't watch reality shows."
< Politics, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Rap Music, Reality TV, Black voters >
- Business Insider 19:08November 16, 2020Obama said he was surprised at top Republicans who did a 'complete 180 on everything they claimed to believe' to align with TrumpObama told The Atlantic he was not shocked by Trump's "character and behavior" while in office, but at top Republicans who emerged as his allies.
< Politics, News, Obama, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Barack Obama, Republican, Republican Party >
- Huffington Post UK 18:05November 16, 2020Barack Obama Talks To David Olusoga: Everything You Need To Know About The New Interview
< uktv, Politics and Government, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Misinformation, David Olusoga, politics-and-government, donald-trump, joe-biden, barack-obama, misinformation, david-olusoga, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 11:52November 16, 2020Obama Says Trump Has Accelerated 'Truth Decay' In America
< Politics and Government, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Scott Pelley, politics-and-government, donald-trump, barack-obama, scott-pelley, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Breitbart News 11:29November 16, 2020Judge May Add 1 Million Migrants to the DACA Work Permit ProgramA federal judge is hinting he will add another one million illegal migrants to the work permit and amnesty program created by President Barack Obama in 2012.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Barack Obama, Chad Wolf, DACA, Donald Trump, FWD.us, Joe Biden, Mark Zuckerberg >
- Business Insider 11:05November 16, 2020Obama said the election shows a 'very divided' nation and that there is a sense in the US that 'the truth doesn't even matter'In "60 Minutes" interview, Obama also discussed why Trump should concede the election, the killing of George Floyd, and his decision to run in 2008.
< Politics, Barack Obama, 60 Minutes, Election 2020 >
- Breitbart News 06:26November 16, 2020Obama Compares Trump to Dictator -- 'There Has Been a Sense' He Would 'Do Anything to Stay in Power'In a sit-down interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," which aired on Sunday, former President Barack Obama took a shot at President Donald Trump by comparing him to a dictator.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, 60 Minutes, Barack Obama, CBS, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 22:33November 15, 2020Obama said his first instinct was to 'walk down and smack' GOP Rep. Joe Wilson on the head after he shouted 'you lie' at him during a joint session of CongressObama said that he was "shocked" to have been yelled at by GOP Rep. Joe Wilson from South Carolina during a joint session of Congress in 2009.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Republican Party, Affordable Care Act, Washington, Health Care, Bipartisanship >
- Business Insider 20:35November 15, 2020Obama said he won't serve in Biden's cabinet because Michelle would 'leave' himObama said he'll help the president-elect in any way he can, but he isn't interested in returning to his former workplace in an official capacity.
< Politics, News, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Joe Biden, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 20:26November 15, 2020Obama says it's 'disappointing' that more Republicans aren't standing up to Trump over election resultsThe former president said that Joe Biden and Kamala Harris were rightfully elected and that there was no legal justification to challenge their win.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, presidential transition, US Presidency, 2020 election >