- New York Times 20:07January 19, 2020Harry and Meghan’s Hard ExitThe couple’s wish to carve out more “progressive” roles led to the loss of perks, privileges and titles.
< Royal Families, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Great Britain, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain >
- New York Times 00:43January 19, 2020Harry and Meghan Give Up Royal Titles, Forgo State FundingThe agreement represents one of the most dramatic ruptures within the British royal family since King Edward VIII abdicated the throne in 1936 to marry an American woman, Wallis Simpson.
< Royal Families, Buckingham Palace, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Archie, Earl of Dumbarton, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Great Britain, London (England) >
- Breitbart News 13:29January 17, 2020Iran's Khamenei Calls Trump a 'Clown': Attacks 'Contemptible' WestIran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei lashed out at U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday, calling him a "clown" who pretends to support the Iranian people but will “push a poisonous dagger” into their backs.
< Israel / Middle East, London / Europe, Politics, Ali Khamenei, Britain, Donald Trump, France, Germany, Iran, Iran JCPOA, Qasem Soleimani >
- New York Times 01:40January 16, 2020‘Megxit’ Is the New Brexit in a Britain Split by Age and PoliticsThe debate over Harry and Meghan’s push for greater independence from royal life is uncannily like the Brexit debate, with young liberals favoring the couple and older conservatives backing the queen.
< Royal Families, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Buckingham Palace, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Great Britain, Politics and Government >
- New York Times 17:15January 15, 2020Will Big Ben Chime for Brexit? It’s a $650,000 QuestionA campaign is underway to get the British Parliament’s great bell to ring when the country leaves the E.U. on Jan. 31. But there are hurdles: the cost and repairs.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Great Britain, Johnson, Boris, European Union, Politics and Government >
- New York Times 15:39January 15, 2020Iran’s President Lashes Out at Europeans Over Crumbling Nuclear DealWith the government in Tehran under pressure, President Hassan Rouhani denounced Britain, France and Germany for accusing his country of breaking the 2015 accord.
< Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, United States International Relations, Aviation Accidents, Safety and Disasters, Embargoes and Sanctions, Rouhani, Hassan, Zarif, Mohammad Javad, France, Germany, Great Britain, Iran >
- New York Times 07:57January 15, 2020U.K. Failed to Alert E.U. on 75,000 Criminal ConvictionsBritain was supposed to notify other member states of foreigners convicted of crimes in Britain. It didn’t.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Great Britain, European Union, Johnson, Boris, Crime and Criminals >
- Business Insider 19:06January 14, 2020What it's like to travel on Flybe, the budget airline used by the royals that's fighting to stay in businessimrankhan1504 via Shutterstock and Scott 05 / Flight-Report Budget airline Flybe is on the brink of bankruptcy, outlets such as Sky News are reporting, though the airline said in a statement on Sunday that "we don't comment on rumor or speculation."
It is the largest regional airline in the UK, handling about 40% of domestic traffic.
The airline appears to be a favorite of the royals, too — Kate Middleton, Prince William, and their children flew on Flybe in August.
Users of the airline review website Flight-Report have praised it for being affordable, and also for good service.
However, reviews on TripAdvisor say entertainment and food options are limited. Flybe's bag policy has also been slammed on sites such as Trustpilot and Skytrax.
Here's what it's really like to travel with Flybe.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. British budget airline Flybe is on the verge of collapse, multiple outlets including Sky News are reporting, with the UK government considering reducing air passenger duty (APD) in order to save it.
Flybe employs around 2,000 people, and is Britain's largest regional airline, operating 189 routes across 12 countries in the UK and Europe.
It's known for its stringent bag policy, short flights (it has an average flight time of 55 minutes), and purple lights.
The royals also appear to be fans of the airline — in August 2019, Kate Middleton, her husband Prince William, and their children flew on Flybe from Norwich in England to the Scottish city of Aberdeen for around $89 each.
Despite the reports, Flybe has denied it's in trouble, saying in a statement on Monday: "Flybe continues to focus on providing great service and connectivity for our customers, to ensure that they can continue to travel as planned. We don't comment on rumor or speculation."
Using information from bloggers and websites including Flight-Report, TripAdvisor, Trustpilot, and Skytrax, Insider took a look at what it's really like to fly on the budget airline.Flybe operates numerous routes throughout the UK and Europe.
According to Flybe's website, the airline currently flies to more than 80 airports throughout Europe, with an emphasis on destinations in the United Kingdom.
It also handles almost 40% of domestic UK air traffic.
Geography Photos / Universal Images Group via Getty Images
Flybe's website says the airline flew about eight million passengers in 2019. It also reports that the airline offers 189 routes across 12 countries, making it the largest regional airline in Europe.
The bulk of its fleet is made up of Bombardier Q400 Dash 8 planes, which seat 78 people.
According to the aviation blog Planespotters, there are currently 71 planes in Flybe's fleet. Most of those (54) are twin-propelled Bombardier Q400 Dash 8s.
Flybe also used to fly Boeing 737-300s, according to Planespotters, but stopped using them in 2006.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:A pilot made history by becoming the first HIV positive person to fly a commercial plane after challenging a discriminatory banPrince Harry and Prince William made a rare joint statement denying that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were 'bullied' out of the royal familyPrince Harry and Meghan Markle are at war with the media — and their split from the Royal family shows they are fighting to win
< Features, Lifestyle UK, Flybe, Airline, Business, Money, Travel, kate middleton, Prince William, royals, UK, Britain, Europe, Bankruptcy, Aviation, Transportation, Richard Branson, Virgin, Virgin Atlantic, >
- New York Times 14:39January 14, 2020France, Germany and U.K. Serve Notice on Iran Under Nuclear DealThe European nations triggered a dispute mechanism in the 2015 pact, a first step toward reimposing United Nations sanctions.
< Nuclear Weapons, Embargoes and Sanctions, United Nations, France, Germany, Great Britain, Iran, United States International Relations >
- Huffington Post UK 12:42January 14, 2020Piers Morgan Accused Of 'Vendetta' Against Meghan Markle By Good Morning Britain Guest
< uktv, uk celebrity, piers morgan, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, good morning britain, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, celebrity, piers-morgan, meghan-markle, prince-harry, good-morning-britain, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- New York Times 20:20January 13, 2020Queen Elizabeth ‘Supportive’ of Prince Harry and Meghan’s ‘New Life’While long-term arrangements will take time to settle, the queen wants final decisions to be reached “in the coming days.”
< Royal Families, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Great Britain >
- New York Times 20:20January 13, 2020Queen ‘Supportive’ of Prince Harry and Meghan’s ‘New Life’While long-term arrangements will take time to settle, the queen wants final decisions to be reached “in the coming days.”
< Royal Families, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Great Britain >
- Breitbart News 15:57January 13, 2020Military Losing Respect for Prince Harry, 'Disgusted at Disrespect to Queen'Current and former members of Britain's Armed Forces are losing respect for Prince Harry, an Afghanistan veteran, as he abandons his public duties in order to pursue money-making opportunities with wife Meghan.
< Entertainment, London / Europe, Politics, Britain, British armed forces, Elizabeth II, Meghan Markle, Nigel Farage, prince harry, royal family, Royal Marines, SBS, Special Boat Service, The queen, United Kingdom >
- New York Times 18:41January 12, 2020U.S. Rejects Extradition Request for Driver in Fatal U.K. AccidentThe State Department called the request for Anne Sacoolas, whose husband was working as an American diplomat in Britain, “highly inappropriate.”
< United States International Relations, Traffic Accidents and Safety, Politics and Government, Extradition, Dunn, Harry (d 2019), Sacoolas, Anne, Great Britain, United States >
- New York Times 13:54January 11, 2020Black Britons Wonder What Took Harry and Meghan so Long“Thank God they are free,” one Londoner said. “All of this is about her race, I know it because as a Caribbean woman who did not grow up here, I have experienced it myself.”
< Black People, Discrimination, Royal Families, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan, Great Britain >
- New York Times 02:02January 11, 2020As U.S.-Iran Tensions Flare, Iraq Is Caught in the MiddleAfter U.S. airstrikes killed an Iranian leader, Iraq’s Parliament voted to expel American forces. Some Iraqi officials say that would be disastrous for Iraq.
< United States Defense and Military Forces, Politics and Government, United States International Relations, Defense and Military Forces, Embargoes and Sanctions, Legislatures and Parliaments, Federal Reserve System, International Crisis Group, Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Mahdi, Adel Abdul, Pompeo, Mike, Baghdad (Iraq), Europe, France, Great Britain, Iran, Iraq, Middle East, United States >
- New York Times 23:15January 10, 2020Buckingham Palace in Emergency Session to Resolve Harry and Meghan CrisisEveryone involved wants a quick resolution, but they have to be wary of setting precedents that could harm the monarchy.
< Royal Families, Buckingham Palace, Charles, Prince of Wales, Great Britain, Andrew, Duke of York, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Harry, Duke of Sussex, Markle, Meghan >
- New York Times 00:34January 10, 2020Going Rogue: Prince Harry and Meghan Caught the Palace Off GuardThe queen had yet to give her approval to their idea of becoming part-time royals, but word of the plan was about to leak.
< Royal Families, News and News Media, Buckingham Palace, Sun, The (British Newspaper), Charles, Prince of Wales, Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, Harry, Prince of Wales, Markle, Meghan, Canada, Great Britain >
- New York Times 21:40January 9, 2020Prince Harry’s Real Declaration of Independence: From Britain’s TabloidsThe Sussexes have been preparing for years to sever their relationship with the royal press pack, which the prince still blames for his mother’s death.
< Royal Families, Social Media, Daily Mail, Sun, The (British Newspaper), Harry, Prince of Wales, Meghan Markle, Canada, Great Britain, London (England), Sussex (England) >
- New York Times 16:42January 9, 2020U.K. Parliament Gives Brexit Green LightA House of Commons, once bitterly split on how and whether to leave the European Union, agreed with little drama on withdrawal at the end of the month.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Legislatures and Parliaments, Conservative Party (Great Britain), European Commission, European Parliament, European Union, House of Commons (Great Britain), House of Lords (Great Britain), Johnson, Boris, von der Leyen, Ursula >
- New York Times 05:25January 9, 2020For Prince Harry and His Wife, Meghan, a Tricky Balancing ActOthers have tried to be both part of the royal family, and separate from it. None have succeeded. Can the Duke and Duchess of Sussex pull it off?
< Royal Families, Markle, Meghan, Prince Harry, Great Britain, North America >
- The Guardian(UK) 03:01January 9, 2020Hadrian's wall fort gifted to England's historic sites collectionRoman garrison base of Carrawburgh built circa 122AD handed to English HeritageA Roman fort at Hadrian’s wall, in Northumberland, built around 122AD and which housed a garrison of 500 soldiers from Gaul, has been given to the nation.English Heritage has announced that Carrawburgh Roman fort has joined sites such as Stonehenge, Tintagel castle, and Eltham palace, in the national collection of historic sites and properties following its gift by a landowner. Continue reading...
< Roman Britain, Archaeology, Heritage, Northumberland, Culture, UK news >
- New York Times 22:04January 8, 2020Prince Harry and Meghan to ‘Step Back’ From Royal FamilyThe couple announced they would split their time between Britain and North America.
< Royal Families, Harry, Prince of Wales, Markle, Meghan, North America, Great Britain >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:00January 7, 2020Archaeologists find graves of high-status Romans in SomersetDiscovery of unusual cemetery in Somerton offers clues as to standing of those buried thereThe resting places of more than 50 adults and children have been found in an unusual Roman cemetery unearthed during building work for a new school in Somerset.Archaeologists say the discovery at Somerton, near Glastonbury, sheds significant light on life and death in the south-west of Britain after the Roman invasion. Continue reading...
< Roman Britain, UK news, Heritage, Archaeology, Culture, Science >
- New York Times 22:26January 6, 2020Britain’s ‘Most Prolific Rapist’ Is Jailed for LifeReynhard Sinaga had been found guilty of drugging and raping 48 men in Manchester. Detectives have so far failed to identify 70 victims and are still looking to speak to them.
< Great Britain, Sex Crimes, Manchester (England) >
- New York Times 12:43December 30, 2019Woman Who Accused 12 Men of Rape Is Guilty of ‘Public Mischief’ in CyprusThe British woman said that a dozen Israeli men had raped her in a resort town, and then retracted her statement. She could face up to a year in prison.
< Sex Crimes, Cyprus, Great Britain, Israel >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 30, 201934 Times Daytime TV Continued To Be Absolutely Ludicrous In 2019
< uktv, daytime tv, good morning britain, this morning, Loose Women, Holly Willoughby, lorraine kelly, alison hammond, lorraine, richard and judy, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, this-morning, loose-women, holly-willoughby, lorraine-kelly, alison-hammond, richard-and-judy, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Breitbart News 21:03December 29, 2019UK: Trans 'Man' and 'Non-Binary' Partner Give Birth Using 'Female' Sperm DonorA female-to-male trans man and their "non-binary" partner have had a baby in Brighton, England -- assisted by a trans doctor and a female-to-male trans woman sperm donor.
< London / Europe, Social Justice, Tech, brighton, Britain, diversity, Family, gender, gender identity, gender politics, health, Identity Politics, LGBT, lgbtq, Medicine, motherhood, Pregnancy, Pregnant Men, Progress, Progressivism, Tradition, TRANs, transgenderism, United Kingdom >
- Huffington Post UK 14:00December 28, 2019Why 2019 Belonged To Amanda Holden
< Arts and Entertainment, britain's got talent, amanda holden, bgt, arts-and-entertainment, britains-got-talent, amanda-holden, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment, Entertainment (Video), entertainment-video >
- Huffington Post UK 21:10December 25, 2019Man Dies In Christmas Eve Shooting Outside London Townhouse
< Society and Culture, london, Crime and Justice, News: Breaking UK news coverage from HuffPost UK, Metropolitan Police Service, Scotland Yard, london ambulance service, Christmas Eve, Townhouse Great Britain, society-and-culture, crime-and-justice, news-breaking-uk-news-coverage-from-huffpost-uk, metropolitan-police-service, scotland-yard, london-ambulance-service, christmas-eve, townhouse-great-britain, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 18:36December 25, 2019WATCH: Queen's Christmas Message Commemorates Moon Landing, D-Day AnniversariesHer Majesty The Queen marked the 50th anniversary of the moon landings and the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings in a Christmas messsage which stressed reconciliation, and the beginning of great things from small steps.
< London / Europe, Politics, Apollo 11, Britain, Christianity, Christians, Christmas, D-Day, moon landing, Queen Elizabeth II, Second World War, The queen, United Kingdom, World War II >
- Huffington Post UK 16:27December 23, 2019Why 2019 Belonged To Amanda Holden
< amanda holden, bgt, britain’s got talent, skydive, doctorate, host, heart radio, style, fashion, outfits, swears >
- Business Insider 13:34December 23, 2019I visited the Tower of London, the most popular attraction in the UK, and I couldn't believe people actually live thereBen Mack / Insider Situated along the Thames in central London, the Tower of London is the most booked attraction in the UK, according to newly released data from TripAdvisor.
A former prison and the site of numerous executions during the Middle Ages and Renaissance, it's also where the British royal family's Crown Jewels are stored.
Having only recently moved to the city, I had never been to the Tower of London, so decided to pay it a visit mid-morning on a Wednesday.
The grounds were much bigger than I was expecting — and I was shocked to find out 150 people live there full-time today.
I was also blown away by the lack of crowds and selfie-snappers considering how popular the attraction is each year.
Despite the admission price of £24.70 ($32), I'd definitely go back.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The most booked tourist attraction in the UK is the Tower of London, according to new data from TripAdvisor — and yet until last week, having only recently moved to London, I'd never been.
Formely home to a prison and the site of numerous executions during the Middle Ages and Renaissance (including the 16th century beheading of Anne Boleyn, wife of Henry VIII), it's also where the British royal family's Crown Jewels are stored.
I decided to go see what it was like for myself, and fully expected it to be slammed with tourists. However, I was surprised to find this was not the case at all — and the surprises didn't end there.
I knew the place had a lot of history (about 1,000 years, in fact), but I didn't know that about 150 people still live on the grounds full-time to this day.
Situated on the bank of the Thames, there was so much to see and experience — like interacting with the famed Beefeaters in their unique costumes, wandering the countless passageways, and checking out the surprising amount of wildlife moseying about the expansive grounds.
Here's what it's like to visit — and why the £24.70 ($32) admission was worthy every penny.I visited mid-morning on a Wednesday, which was luckily a mostly rain-free winter day. Exiting the tube, I was expecting huge crowds.
Ben Mack / Insider
It had been pouring down rain the days leading up to it, so I figured the people getting off at Tower Hill tube station would be making the most of the weather.
However, walking outside the Tower along the Thames, I was surprised I could actually move around without bumping into someone.
Ben Mack / Insider
Sure, there were people around, but not an obscenely large number — even my morning commute from where I lived near Canary Wharf to the Insider office was usually more crowded.
There were the expected food stands and gift shops, but they didn't look terribly busy.
Ben Mack / Insider
Rent along the Thames in central London isn't cheap, meaning all the restaurants, cafes, and gift shops surely have a lot of customers — but not today.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Here's what it's like to visit Liechtenstein, the Alpine micronation that's the second least-visited country in EuropeI went to a Christmas dinner for dogs, and it made me realize therapy pets aren't just for nervous fliers20 YouTube channels you should really subscribe to in 2020
< Features, Lifestyle UK, London, UK, England, United Kingdom, Britain, Travel, Tourism, Europe, Tower of London, History, Culture, >
- Breitbart News 00:50December 23, 2019Rapper and BBC Christmas Message Star Stormzy: Britain '100 Per Cent' RacistGrime rapper Stormzy, who has been invited to provide a televised Christmas Day message by the BBC, has denounced Britain as "100 per cent" racist, and claimed that Boris Johnson is making it worse.
< Entertainment, London / Europe, Media, BBC, Britain, British Broadcasting Corporation, British Empire, Christmas, colonialism, diversity, General Election 2019, Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo, Social Cohesion, Stormzy, United Kingdom >
- New York Times 19:00December 20, 2019U.K. Parliament Advances Brexit Bill, All but Assuring January ExitFor more than two years, votes on leaving the European Union were anguished affairs that roiled the parties. This time, there was little opposition.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Conservative Party (Great Britain), Labour Party (Great Britain), Corbyn, Jeremy (1949- ), Johnson, Boris, Great Britain >
- Business Insider 15:55December 19, 2019I recently moved from Dubai to London. Here are the similarities — and the differences — that have most surprised me.Hannah McKay / Reuters & Karim Mohsem Sarib / AFP via Getty Images Before moving to London to start a new job with Insider, I lived in Dubai.
While the two cities are of course very different, what has surprised me most are the similarities.
Both boast plentiful public art, lots of free activities, and expensive places to shop, like London's Harrods or the Dubai Mall's Fashion Avenue.
Where I live now near London's Canary Wharf also looks a lot like where I lived in Dubai's Princess Tower.
Some of the differences, though, are downright bizarre, like the fact that free internet calling services like Skype and WhatsApp are incredibly popular in London, but blocked in Dubai.
Dubai also has an even bigger version of the London Eye.
Here are a few of the things I've noticed both cities have and don't have in common — from the obvious to not-so-obvious.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
I recently moved to the UK for a job with Insider, but before that I lived in Dubai. Obviously, it's synonymous with skyscrapers...
I spent more than 16 months in the steel and glass forest that is Dubai. For those who haven't been themselves, let me just say: yes, the buildings are very, very tall. The building I worked in at my last job had "only" more than 40 stories above ground, making it relatively short for the neighborhood it was in. But I lived on the 88th floor of an apartment building that had 97 stories above ground — which, until a few years ago, was the tallest residential building in the world.
... Though where I now live near Canary Wharf has a lot of those, too.
Ben Mack / Insider
I only live on the 17th floor of an apartment building now. But the view is still pretty cool — and just like Dubai, I'm surrounded by skyscrapers, which gives things a nice, familiar, vaguely science fiction-like feel. Though it does seem strange to have to look up at them rather than down at them, like I could in my old place.
Of course, there's water all around Canary Wharf ...
Ben Mack / Insider
It's water, water, everywhere. Not that I'm complaining — even the constant squawking of seagulls carried on the fresh breeze is enough to get the heart swooning amid the vaguely maritime atmosphere.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:The one 'tourist trap' that's actually worth visiting in 20 US citiesA self-taught baker made an incredible Baby Yoda pie for the holidaysMeet America's first female captain of a mega cruise ship, who brings her cat and mermaid tail on every voyage
< Features, Lifestyle UK, London, Dubai, UK, Europe, Middle East, Culture, Travel, Food, England, Britain, Ivanka Trump, Trump, Skype, WhatsApp, >
- Huffington Post UK 13:41December 19, 2019Kate Garraway Jokes ‘I’ll Be Fired’ After Good Morning Britain Alarm Fail
< uktv, daytime tv, good morning britain, Kate Garraway, Ben Shephard, Ranvir Singh, daytime-tv, good-morning-britain, kate-garraway, ben-shephard, ranvir-singh, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 11:56December 18, 2019Conservative Party Accused Of Ignoring Islamophobia As 'Prejudice' Inquiry Announced
< boris johnson, conservative party, islamophobia, Muslim Council of Britain, boris-johnson, conservative-party, muslim-council-of-britain, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- New York Times 23:46December 17, 2019Boris Johnson Has a Mandate. Now, What Will He Do With It?After a consequential but strangely inconclusive election, the prime minister still has not said what he means by Brexit.
< Elections, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Conservative Party (Great Britain), Labour Party (Great Britain), Cummings, Dominic (1971- ), Johnson, Boris, London (England) >
- New York Times 01:03December 17, 2019U.K. Plans to Pass Anti-B.D.S. LawThe new Conservative government plans to pass a law restricting local authorities from participating in the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement.
< Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS), Johnson, Boris, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Corbyn, Jeremy (1949- ) >
- New York Times 20:09December 16, 2019Violence in Northern Ireland Rising Amid Political ParalysisParamilitary attacks are increasing again, fueled by economic stagnation, a leadership vacuum and the impact of a looming Brexit.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), New Irish Republican Army, Johnson, Boris, Derry (Northern Ireland), Ireland >
- New York Times 18:29December 16, 2019The U.K. Election Explained, in One NumberVotes for the pro-Brexit Conservatives had 10 times the effective power of votes for the anti-Brexit Liberal Democrats. Thank the electoral system known as “first past the post.”
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Elections, Voting and Voters, Brexit Party (Great Britain), Conservative Party (Great Britain), Liberal Democrats (Great Britain), Johnson, Boris, Swinson, Jo (1980- ), Trump, Donald J, London (England) >
- New York Times 12:49December 16, 2019Soccer Broadcast Pulled After Arsenal Star Mesut Özil Criticized ChinaA state-run television network pre-empted an English Premier League match between Manchester City and Arsenal after Mesut Özil denounced the mass detention of Uighurs.
< Soccer, Politics and Government, Television, Muslims and Islam, Social Media, Hong Kong Protests (2019), Basketball, Arsenal (Soccer Team), China Central Television, English Premier League, Global Times, Houston Rockets, Manchester City (Soccer Team), National Basketball Assn, Tottenham Hotspur (Soccer Team), Twitter, Wolverhampton Wanderers (Soccer Team), Ozil, Mesut, Morey, Daryl, China, Germany, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Turkey, Xinjiang (China) >
- Guardian 18:00December 15, 2019Top 20 art exhibitions of 2019Egypt’s golden boy and Bridget Riley’s dazzling arcs of colour join a towering indictment of empire – this year’s stunning art shows hit like a bombMore on the best culture of 2019 Continue reading...
< Art and design, Art, Culture, Exhibitions, Painting, William Hogarth, British Museum, Tate Britain, Sir John Soane's Museum, Leonardo da Vinci, Tracey Emin, Drawing, Illustration, Saatchi gallery, Edvard Munch, Museums, Design >
- Breitbart News 22:45December 14, 2019Victory Lap: Boris in Northern England to Thank Working-class SupportersLONDON (AP) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson pledged Saturday to repay the trust of voters in the working-class heartland of northern England who rejected the Labour Party and helped give him an 80-seat majority at this week's election.
< London / Europe, Politics, Boris Johnson, Britain, Conservative Party, General Election 2019, labour, Labour Party, Northern England, Tories, Tory party, United Kingdom, working class >
- Breitbart News 13:14December 14, 2019EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'This is What Democracy Looks Like' – Mob Clashes with Police over Losing ElectionChaos erupted on the streets of London last night as socialist anti-Brexit protestors violently clashed with police chanting slogans like "not my prime minister" and "one solution, revolution".
< Clips, London / Europe, Pre-Viral, Boris Johnson, Britain, Conservative Party, democracy, far left, General Election 2019, protests, Social Cohesion, Tories, Tory party, United Kingdom >
- New York Times 03:36December 14, 2019In Johnson Victory, Democrats and Republicans See Lessons for 2020The 2016 Brexit vote seemed to be a harbinger of President Trump’s election. But Boris Johnson’s victory may be different.
< Presidential Election of 2020, Presidential Election of 2016, United States Politics and Government, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Elections, Johnson, Boris, Trump, Donald J, Great Britain, United States, Corbyn, Jeremy (1949- ) >
- New York Times 02:33December 14, 2019How Labour’s Working-Class Vote Crumbled and Its Nemesis Won the NorthThe Labour Party’s devastating defeat in an ex-stronghold has grave consequences for a party: Its two wings — older and working class and urban and educated — appear to have irreconcilable differences.
< Elections, Voting and Voters, Politics and Government, Mines and Mining, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Legislatures and Parliaments, Labor and Jobs, Immigration and Emigration, Great Britain, Johnson, Boris >
- Breitbart News 00:47December 14, 2019Trump: Boris Johnson Win 'Might Be a Harbinger for What's to Come' in 2020"I think that might be a harbinger for what's to come in our country; it was last time," Trump said.
< Politics, Boris Johnson, Brexit, Britain, Donald Trump >
- New York Times 19:13December 13, 2019Brexit Is Going to Get Done. But on Whose Terms?Boris Johnson’s victory has drawn in millions of former Labour voters whose vision of Brexit is far different from the Conservative establishment’s.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Elections, Conservative Party (Great Britain), Democratic Unionist Party (Northern Ireland), Labour Party (Great Britain), Johnson, Boris, Jeremy Corbyn, London (England), Northern Ireland, Scotland >