- Business Insider 09:53August 14, 2020Trump has dealt seniors, who represent 23% of registered voters, 2 devastating blows in a matter of daysGetty President Donald Trump said he would block new funding for the US Postal Service because of mail-in voting which he claimed benefits Democrats, The Wall Street Journal reported.
However, the move could negatively impact seniors who rely on the US Postal Service to deliver their medications.
It's the second move that negatively impacts senior residents that the president has made in a few days.
Trump also promised to scrap the payroll tax if he's reelected. The payroll tax funds Social Security and Medicaid, which seniors rely on.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. President Donald Trump on Thursday promised to block new funding for the US Postal Service in coronavirus-aid talks to limit efforts to expand mail-in-voting which he claims benefits Democrats, despite no evidence, The Wall Street Journal reported.
"Now they need that money in order to make the post office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," he said in an interview with Fox Business Network on Thursday. "But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdownSee Also:Trump walked out of a press conference after a reporter challenged his repeated false claim that he signed Veterans Choice into lawTrump lashed out at mega-donor Sheldon Adelson in a recent phone call, prompting panicked Republican Party officials to try and deescalate the situationTrump said he's going to sign an executive order requiring health insurers to cover preexisting conditions. That's already the current law under Obamacare, which Trump has repeatedly tried to repeal.SEE ALSO: Trump pledged to permanently scrap the payroll taxes used to fund Social Security and Medicare if he wins re-election
< Trump, Payroll tax cut, senior citizens, >
- FoxNews 09:36August 14, 2020Colorado woman from 1993 cold case identified through DNAA former Jane Doe found in the forest south of Denver in the summer of 1993 has been positively identified, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday, according to reports.
< article, Fox News, Brie Stimson, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/us-regions/west/colorado, fox-news/topic/missing-persons, fox-news/us/crime/homicide >
- Huffington Post UK 09:32August 14, 2020Dolly Parton Supports Black Lives Matter: 'Our Little White Asses' Aren't All That Matters
< uk celebrity, black lives matter, Dolly Parton, racial justice, celebrity, black-lives-matter, dolly-parton, racial-justice, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- FoxNews 09:04August 14, 2020Seattle councilwoman rips departing police chief, calls Trump, Barr support ‘revealing’In a long statement and series of Twitter messages Thursday night, a Seattle councilwoman tore into the city’s soon-to-depart police Chief Carmen Best, claiming it was “no accident” that “right-wing” figures such as President Trump and Attorney General William Barr were sorry that Best planned to step down.
< article, Fox News, Dom Calicchio, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/us/seattle, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/politics/state-and-local, fox-news/us/crime/police-and-law-enforcement, fox-news/us/us-regions/west/washington, fox-news/politics/socialism >
- Forbes 09:00August 14, 2020Ask Ethan: Why Are The Moon And Sun The Same Size In Earth’s Sky?It likely isn't the rare occurrence we once thought it was.
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, technology, science >
- Business Insider 08:12August 14, 2020The Justice Department accused Yale University of discriminating against Asian American and white applicantsMichelle McLoughlin/Reuters The Justice Department accused Yale University of discriminating against Asian American and white applicants, which violates federal civil rights law.
The allegation came as a result of a federal investigation, which also found that Yale uses race as a factor in multiple steps of the admissions process and that Yale "racially balances its classes."
"Yale's race discrimination imposes undue and unlawful penalties on racially-disfavored applicants, including in particular Asian American and White applicants," Assistant Attorney General Eric Dreiband wrote in a letter to the college's attorneys.
The university "categorically" denied the allegation, calling it "meritless" and "hasty."
Yale said it considers a multitude of factors and looks at "the whole person when selecting whom to admit among the many thousands of highly qualified applicants."
"Given our commitment to complying with federal law, we are dismayed that the DOJ has made its determination before allowing Yale to provide all the information the Department has requested thus far," the university said in a statement.
"Had the Department fully received and fairly weighed this information, it would have concluded that Yale's practices absolutely comply with decades of Supreme Court precedent," the statement continued.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. WASHINGTON (AP) — A Justice Department investigation has found Yale University is illegally discriminating against Asian American and white applicants, in violation of federal civil rights law, officials said Thursday.
Yale denied the allegation, calling it "meritless" and "hasty."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's what it's like to travel during the coronavirus outbreakSee Also:10 science-backed tips to help you combat laziness and be more productive at workThe richest people in America, rankedHungryroot is a combination of online grocery store and meal kit delivery service for plant-based lifestyles — here's what it's like to use
< Associated Press, Yale University, Justice Department, Discrimination, Higher Education, >
- Huffington Post UK 08:00August 14, 2020Hallucinations Have Been Linked To Covid-19. Here's What They're Like
< Health, coronavirus, Hallucination, health, hallucination, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 08:00August 14, 2020Lagos's poor lament Covid fallout: 'we don't see the virus, we see suffering'Lockdown has tipped many working-class Nigerians from struggle to crisis Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageDrawing open the curtains in Alapere, Lagos, unveils a sea of shanty roofs and watery-coloured housing blocks. “We don’t see any virus but we see suffering,” says Juliana Chokpa, a 38-year-old cleaner.This working-class Lagos community has been reeling from job losses, a collapse in informal services, and rising food and transport costs. The pandemic, Chokpa says, has wrought a swift descent from struggle into crisis. Continue reading...
< Nigeria, Coronavirus outbreak, Africa, World news, Social exclusion, Global health, Global development >
- FoxNews 07:05August 14, 2020Kentucky AG meets with Breonna Taylor’s family for first time – 5 months after her deathThe attorney general of Kentucky extended condolences to the family of Breonna Taylor this week, meeting with them for the first time since Taylor was fatally shot by police during a drug raid in March, according to reports.
< article, Fox News, Dom Calicchio, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/us-regions/southeast/kentucky, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/us/crime/police-and-law-enforcement, fox-news/politics/state-and-local, fox-news/politics/state-and-local/cities >
- FoxNews 06:58August 14, 2020Journalist declares 'one-man war against critical race theory' after nuke lab holds 'white privlege' trainingA major nuclear laboratory forced white male executives to undergo "white privilege" training that amounted to "racism masquerading as anti-racism," City Journal contributing editor Chris Rufo told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" Thursday.
< article, Fox News, Victor Garcia, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/media, fox-news/shows/tucker-carlson-tonight >
- FoxNews 06:32August 14, 2020Teachers union leader claims schools don't have enough money for PPE to reopen, blames McConnellSchools across America don't have the money for enough Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to shield themselves from the coronavirus, American Federation of Teachers (AFT) president Randi Weingarten told "The Story" Thursday.
< article, Fox News, Victor Garcia, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/media, fox-news/shows/the-story, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus, fox-news/us/school-reopening-plans >
- The Guardian 06:32August 14, 2020Coronavirus live news: France says UK quarantine will lead to reciprocal measures as New Zealand outbreak widensFrance and Spain report highest post-lockdown Covid-19 cases; New Zealand outbreak spreads beyond Auckland; Australia records youngest coronavirus death. Follow the latest updatesUK adds France to Covid-19 14-day quarantine listFrance says UK quarantine will lead to reciprocal measuresMobile crematorium in Bolivia as deaths surgeSee all our coronavirus coverage 4.32am BST The findings of a public inquiry into how passengers infected with the novel coronavirus were allowed to disembark a cruise ship in Sydney in March, triggering a major outbreak, are set to be handed down on Friday, Reuters reports. The government of New South Wales (NSW) state commissioned the probe into the events leading up to the disembarkation of 2,700 passengers from the Carnival Corp-owned Ruby Princess on March 17 without proper screening for the virus. 4.02am BST China’s retail sales dropped in July, official data showed Friday, indicating that sluggish consumer spending could hold up the country’s recovery from the coronavirus outbreak, AFP reports. Retail sales - a key indication of consumer sentiment - shrunk by 1.1% on-year, falling short of forecasts and suggesting many are still reticent about going out to spend time and money, even as China appears to have the virus largely under control. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus outbreak, World news, UK news, US news, Australia news, Science, Infectious diseases >
- FoxNews 06:17August 14, 2020Sean Hannity recounts past Kamala Harris critiques of Biden, asks her, 'What about principle?'Sean Hannity rhetorically questioned Kamala Harris Thursday over her previously stated reservations about presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, now that Harris has agreed to serve as his running mate.
< article, Fox News, Victor Garcia, fnc, fnc/opinion, fox-news/topic/fox-news-flash, fox-news/media, fox-news/shows/hannity, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/person/kamala-harris, fox-news/politics/2020-presidential-election, fox-news/politics/elections >
- FoxNews 06:14August 14, 2020Raymond Arroyo debuts first picture bookNational Institutes of Health director Dr. Francis Collins on the race for a vaccine.
< video, 6181017679001, FoxNews.com, Shannon Bream, fnc, on_air, primary_health, personality/shannon_bream, health/infectious_disease/vaccines, on_air/fox_news_@night, health/infectious_disease/coronavirus, fox news @ night, health/infectious_disease, personality, health >
- FoxNews 05:35August 14, 2020Kerik on violence in cities: People are scared to deathNYC descends into chaos and lawlessness; former NYPD commissioner Bernie Kerik speaks out.
< video, 6181011375001, FoxNews.com, Raymond Arroyo, fnc, on_air, us/us_regions, us/crime, personality/raymond_arroyo, us, personality, special/prime_time, us/crime/police_law_enforcement, on_air/the_ingraham_angle, primary_us, special/apple_news, us/us_regions/northeast, special >
- FoxNews 05:19August 14, 2020Tucker slams Democrats, media for their silence as residents flee America's cities in drovesPolitical leaders in America's cities have abandoned the citizens they swore to protect and left them at the mercy of violent actors, Tucker Carlson said Thursday.
< article, Fox News, Yael Halon, fnc, fnc/opinion, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/shows/tucker-carlson-tonight, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/media, fox-news/us/environment/cities, fox-news/us/new-york-city >
- Business Insider 05:12August 14, 2020New Mexico Republican says she's no longer speaking at a rally paying 'special tribute' to a far-right militia, following our report on the militia and its founderAdolphe Pierre-Louis/The Albuquerque Journal/AP New Mexico Republican Stefani Lords, a candidate for the state House of Representatives, told Business Insider she's pulling out of a rally that is set to pay "special tribute" to the New Mexico Civil Guard.
As Business Insider reported on Wednesday, the so-called civil guard is a far-right paramilitary group whose founder is a neo-Confederate with a swastika tattoo.
"Originally I was told this would be a peaceful protest in Clovis with candidates speaking," Lord, founder of the group "Pro-Gun Women," told Business Insider.
"However," Lord said, "it seems as time went on, the message of 'Vote Red' became convoluted as more and more speakers were added to the list and the tone and tenor changed."
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. A New Mexico Republican running for a state house seat on the outskirts of Albuquerque is pulling out of a GOP rally that's paying "special tribute" to a far-right militia.
As Business Insider reported, elected Republicans and state party chapters have been promoting an August 22 rally that, in part, is being held to honor the New Mexico Civil Guard, a paramilitary group led by a neo-Confederate with a swastika tattoo and a "national anarchist" who has denied the Nazi extermination of 6 million Jews.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdownSee Also:It's been strangely peaceful in New Zealand, where until Tuesday there hadn't been a new case of COVID-19 in 102 daysLos Angeles Apparel reports 2 more cases of COVID-19 in what officials called an 'open outbreak investigation'Protesters stage 'die-in' at University of Georgia over plans for in-person classes as an apparent photo from the school of plexiglass being held up by painter's tape on a desk spreads on social media
< New Mexico, New Mexico Civil Guard, original reporting, >
- FoxNews 05:10August 14, 2020Special Report w/ Bret Baier - Thursday, August 13On today’s episode of ‘Special Report’, Bret highlights President Trump announcing an accord between Israel and the United Arab Emirates with White House senior advisor Jared Kushner; plus, the mail-in ballot debate.
< video, 6181007356001, FoxNews.com, fnc, full_episode, full_episode/special_report >
- Forbes 05:00August 14, 2020When To See The Moon And The Planets In Close ‘Conjunctions’ This Weekend And Through AugustIt’s a great season for planet-spotting, with all the planets in the Solar System making an appearance.
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, science, science >
- FoxNews 04:20August 14, 2020Kamala Harris backs mandatory assault weapon buybacksSecond Amendment advocate Colion Noir shares his reaction on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight.'
< video, 6180998687001, FoxNews.com, Tucker Carlson, fnc, on_air/tucker_carlson_tonight, requests/root, on_air, politics/person/kamala_harris, primary_politics, personality/tucker_carlson, us, personality, us/personal_freedoms, special/prime_time, requests/youtube, politics, politics/person, requests, us/personal_freedoms/second_amendment, special/apple_news, special >
- FoxNews 04:15August 14, 2020British playhouse listed on Airbnb as a joke, gets real customerA children-sized playhouse was listed on Airbnb as a joke in Ludgershall, England, a family actually booked it for a weekend at around $653.35.
< article, Fox News, Cortney Moore, fnc, fnc/travel, fox-news/house-and-home, fox-news/travel, fox-news/food-drink/recipes/cuisines/british >
- Forbes 03:51August 14, 2020Amazon’s High Flying Stock May Drop By As Much As 15%Amazon's stock has stalled out despite reporting blistering second-quarter results and now may drop by as much as 15%.
< Social Media, /social-media, Innovation, /innovation, Social Media, /social-media, Innovation, Social Media >
- AdWeek 03:45August 14, 2020Google Business Profiles Can Now Be Updated via Google Maps, SearchGoogle Business Profiles can now be updated directly via Google Maps and search. Google My Business product lead Tom Pritchard said in a blog post that business owners can create posts, reply to reviews, add photos and update their business information directly via Google Maps and search. They must first sign in with the Google...
< Social Pro Daily >
- Forbes 03:01August 14, 2020Now We Know How These Cute Little Birds Avoid Each OtherOne of Alan Turing's mathematical theories helped modern researchers solve the problem.
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, Innovation, Science >
- FoxNews 02:55August 14, 2020EPA announces new rules to reduce methane regulation, assures science will back changesThe Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under Administrator Andrew Wheeler on Thursday announced new rules to reduce Obama-era methane pollution regulation.
< article, Fox News, Julia Musto, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/politics, fox-news/politics/regulation/environment, fox-news/us/environment, fox-news/us/energy, fox-news/us/environment/climate-change, fox-news/science/planet-earth/pollution, fox-news/us/us-regions/northeast/pennsylvania, fox-news/science, fox-news/science/natural-science, fox-news/person/barack-obama >
- FoxNews 02:30August 14, 2020Tacoma police K9 killed, homicide suspect wounded in shootoutA Tacoma, Wash., police K9 died in the line of duty early Thursday morning due to injuries suffered during the pursuit of an armed homicide suspect, who was also wounded in the shootout, police said.
< article, Fox News, Michael Ruiz, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/us-regions/west/washington, fox-news/us/us-regions/west, fox-news/us/crime/police-and-law-enforcement, fox-news/us/crime, fox-news/us, fox-news/us/crime/homicide >
- FoxNews 02:21August 14, 2020President Trump dismisses Joe Biden's call for national mask mandate to stem COVID pandemicTrump accuses presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden of attempting 'to politicize a pandemic'; reaction and analysis from the 'Special Report' All-Stars.
< video, 6180977396001, FoxNews.com, Kim Strassel, Bret Baier, fnc, politics, special report, on_air, personality/bret_baier, primary_politics, personality/kim_strassel, politics/elections, on_air/special_report/all_star_panel, politics/elections/2020_presidential_election, personality, on_air/special_report >
- Forbes 02:20August 14, 2020Financial Advisors Good For Women Retirees? Half Say Yes, Half Say No To Government Investigators“Women in 12 (of 14) focus groups said that seeking advice from a financial advisor was a positive experience for them, but women in 10 focus groups had negative experiences,” reported GAO today.
< Personal Finance, /personal-finance, Money, /money, Personal Finance, /personal-finance, Wealth Management, /wealth-management, Decision Maker Content, decisionmaker, Investing >
- AdWeek 02:10August 14, 2020Instagram to Holders of Suspicious Accounts: Identify YourselvesInstagram is taking steps to weed out coordinated inauthentic behavior and keep its platform bot-free. The Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network said Thursday that in cases where it sees a pattern of behavior that could potentially be inauthentic, it will require the account holder to verify their identity by submitting ID from this list. Instagram...
< Social Pro Daily >
- Breitbart News 02:06August 14, 2020CDC: Suicidal Thoughts 'Disproportionately' Plaguing Youth, Minorities During LockdownMental health disorders linked to the lockdowns are disproportionately plaguing minorities and young adults in the U.S., CDC reports.
< 2020 Election, Health, Politics, Blacks, CDC, coronavirus, COVID-19, drug abuse, hispanic, latinos, lockdown, mental health, shutdown, Stay at Home, suicide, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention >
- New York Magazine 02:04August 14, 2020Trump Revives Racist Birther Conspiracy for Kamala Harris“I heard it today that she doesn’t meet the requirements,” Trump said, of a vice-presidential nominee who was born in Oakland, California.
< politics, birtherism, racism, president trump, kamalaharris, vision 2020 >
- FoxNews 01:55August 14, 2020US brokers agreement with Israel and United Arab EmiratesIsrael and U.A.E agree to peace deal; Kevin Corke reports.
< video, 6180972502001, FoxNews.com, Bret Baier, Kevin Corke, fnc, special report, on_air, personality, politics/foreign_policy/middle_east, world/world_regions/middle_east, politics, personality/bret_baier, personality/kevin_corke, world/world_regions, on_air/special_report, politics/foreign_policy, world, primary_world >
- FoxNews 01:43August 14, 2020Former George W. Bush administration official warns America is 'in the middle of a 70s style urban crisis'"America is now in the middle of a 70s style urban crisis whose root is a well-founded fear of violent crime and social collapse in the midst of a pandemic," former George W. Bush administration official Michael Doran pronounced on Twitter Thursday.
< article, Fox News, Victor Garcia, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/media, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/tech/companies/twitter, fox-news/us/environment/cities, fox-news/us/new-york-city, fox-news/us/philadelphia, fox-news/us/los-angeles, fox-news/us/chicago, fox-news/us/minneapolis-st-paul >
- FoxNews 01:41August 14, 2020Jared Kushner says President Trump set the stage for peace deal between Israel and UAEPresident Trump has achieved a truly historic result in the Middle East, senior presidential adviser Jared Kushner tells Fox News chief political anchor Bret Baier on 'Special Report.'
< video, 6180970227001, FoxNews.com, Bret Baier, fnc, on_air, special report, requests/media_relations, primary_politics, personality, politics/foreign_policy/middle_east, special/prime_time, requests/youtube, politics, requests, personality/bret_baier, special/apple_news, special, on_air/special_report, politics/foreign_policy >
- The Guardian 01:24August 14, 2020New Zealand Covid-19 cases all linked to single cluster, with more cases expectedCabinet to meet at 3pm to discuss Auckland lockdown as health minister Chris Hipkins says city not yet looking at moving from level three to fourCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageNew Zealand is not yet looking at a level 4 lockdown, because the rising number of Covid-19 cases are all related to a single cluster, the health minister has said.Chris Hipkins told Radio NZ that more than one cluster would have to be circulating for the country to rise to level 4 restrictions, and so far there was no evidence of that, though more cases from the same cluster had emerged overnight. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus outbreak, New Zealand, Auckland, Jacinda Ardern, Asia Pacific, World news >
- Business Insider 00:45August 14, 2020Instagram will start asking suspicious accounts to verify their identity with a government ID (FB)Getty Images / picture alliance / contributor Instagram will begin requiring accounts it deems suspicious to verify their identities using a government-issued ID.
In its blog post, Instagram says this move is meant to help the company understand when accounts are "attempting to mislead their followers" and keep the Instagram community safe.
"This includes accounts potentially engaged in coordinated inauthentic behavior, or when we see the majority of someone's followers are in a different country to their location, or if we find signs of automation, such as bot accounts," the Instagram blog said.
It's unclear what this policy means for Instagram accounts not associated with a name, or those in which revealing their name could cause harm.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Instagram plans to start asking accounts it deems suspicious to verify their identities using a government-issued ID.
The new policy is intended to target accounts from which Instagram sees "a pattern of potential inauthentic behavior," Instagram said in its announcement. If an account asked to verify its identity declines to do so, Instagram says it may disable the account or "receive reduced distribution" — meaning its posts are down-ranked in followers' feeds.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Pathologists debunk 13 coronavirus mythsSee Also:Inside the rise of TikTok, the viral video-sharing app wildly popular with teens and loathed by the Trump administrationReddit says it's investigating an attack that flooded the site with pro-Trump contentTencent and its hyper-popular messaging app WeChat have become Trump's latest target. Here's how the company became a $69 billion behemoth that has a stake in everything from 'Fortnite' to Hollywood blockbusters.SEE ALSO: Here's everything we know about TikTok's future in the US — and everything we don't
< Instagram, verification, Social Media, Apps and Platforms, FB >
- Breitbart News 00:31August 14, 2020Wall Street Praises Kamala Harris as Joe Biden's VP: 'What's Not to Like?'Wall Street executives are praising Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden's choosing Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as his running mate against President Trump, feeling they dodged a bullet from a progressive insurgency.
< 2020 Election, Economy, Politics, 2020 presidential election, Democrats, donors, financial industry, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Middle Class, Wall Street, working class >
- Breitbart News 00:21August 14, 2020White House Deputy: H-1B Visas 'Cannibalize' U.S. WorkforceThe skilled American workforce is being cannibalized by Congress's H-1B outsourcing program, a top White House aide told Breitbart News Daily.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, H-1B Visas, On the Hill, Outsourcing, U.S-India Outsourcing Economy, visa workers >
- FoxNews 00:13August 14, 2020Despite rising coronavirus cases, United adds flights to FloridaFox News’ Bryan Llenas talks with small business owners in Florida hit by coronavirus.
< video, 6180947910001, FoxNews.com, Neil Cavuto, Bryan Llenas, fnc, on_air, lifestyle/travel, primary_money, on_air/cavuto, personality, personality/neil_cavuto, politics, industries/transportation, lifestyle, personality/bryan_llenas, small_business, industries, special/apple_news, special, industries/health_care >
- FoxNews 00:12August 14, 2020Miami mayor: A mask mandate in my city definitely workedMiami Mayor Francis Suarez weighs in on proposal for a nationwide mask mandate.
< video, 6180941525001, FoxNews.com, Neil Cavuto, fnc, personality/neil_cavuto, politics, on_air, primary_politics, on_air/your_world, politics/state_local, politics/state_local/cities, health/infectious_disease/coronavirus, us, health/infectious_disease, personality, health >
- Business Insider 00:09August 14, 2020The best small business credit cards of 2020
The best small business credit cards: Best sign-up bonus: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Best for premium travel benefits: The Business Platinum® Card from American Express
Earns travel points with no annual fee: The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express
Best cash-back business card: Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business
Earn 2x miles no matter what you buy: Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
Maximize Chase Ultimate Rewards points OR cash back: Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
Best for big spenders: American Express® Business Gold Card
If your business spends a lot on office supplies and wireless: Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
If you only use one business credit card: Brex Corporate Card for Startups and the Brex Corporate Card for Ecommerce Whether you're a freelancer, someone with a side gig, or you run a business with 15 employees, keeping your personal and business finances separate is vital. Things can get muddy quickly when you're cutting personal and business checks from the same account. That's where business credit cards come in.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Here are the best money market accounts for August 2020Amex Platinum versus the Amex Gold: Which rewards credit card is better for you?The best personal loans of 2020
< Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN, Chase Ink Business Preferred, Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express, Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN, Chase Ink Business Unlimited, Chase Ink Business Cash, Capital One Spark Cash for Business, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express, United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card, CitiBusiness, AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard, Credit Card Rewards, Points and Miles, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, Alaska Airlines Visa Business credit card, PFI TPG, Personal Finance Insider, Credit Cards, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Spark Miles for Business, IP Graphics, American Express Business Gold Card, Hilton Honors American Express Business Card, Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, Alyssa Powell, Credit Card roundup, PFI Short Code, PFI Product Card, PFI Related Content Module, American Express, Chase, Capital One, TOC-jump-to, PFI Product Showcase, >
- Forbes 00:07August 14, 2020Black Women Should Be: Believed, Supported, And Paid Equitably. 4 Tips On How To Advocate For Black WomenToday marks Black Women’s Equal Pay Day, and sadly, the forecast looks bleak for Black women. But there are active steps that businesses and everyday people can take to advocate for equitable pay and the overall equitable treatment of Black women.
< Diversity & Inclusion, /diversity-inclusion, Leadership, /leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, /diversity-inclusion, Decision Maker Content, decisionmaker >
- Business Insider 00:05August 14, 2020If you're planning a home-improvement project, it could be time to open a new credit card to earn rewards or get 0% APRThis page includes information about the Discover it® Cash Back product, which is currently not available on Business Insider and may be out of date.
MoMo Productions/Getty Images
If you're sprucing up your space, make sure to think long and hard about how you'll pay for the project.
Covering for your home or landscaping remodel with a credit card can yield some significant benefits, including 0% APR, cash back, or travel rewards.
Some of the best rewards credit cards let you earn a significant sign-up bonus as well, which can help you rack up more points for travel, gift cards, statement credits and more.
If you're not interested in rewards but you want to save money on interest, the top 0% APR credit cards may be worth considering.
See Business Insider's list of the best rewards credit cards » With the summer season in full swing and interest rates at record lows, it's not surprising to see people working on indoor and outdoor projects meant to bolster their home's value. Some sources say that home remodeling is booming during the pandemic, as more and more people are stuck at home, looking around, and getting the itch to complete long-awaited projects. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:How to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points5 credit cards from Amex, Chase, and Capital One that score you bonus rewards and extra perks for food deliveryOnline bank HMBradley has a new cash-back card with customizable rewards, but you need a corresponding deposit account to apply
< Personal Finance Insider, Credit Cards, Credit card feature, PFI TPG, Chase, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Discover It Cash Back, Discover, Chase Freedom, Credit Card Rewards, Citi, Citi Double Cash, Citi Double Cash Card, PFI Related Content Module, Citi Diamond Preferred Credit Card, PFI Short Code, PFI Product Card, pfi, >
- FoxNews 00:03August 14, 2020SI Swimsuit Model Olivia Brower first saw her photos at a pharmacy with the family: 'I'm honored'Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Olivia Brower says she first saw her photos at a pharmacy with the family. Brower, who made her SI Swimsuit debut in 2019, was photographed by Josie Clough in Scrub Island, British Virgin Islands. The star is highlighted in the 2020 issue, which features Jasmine Sanders, Olivia Culpo and Kate Bock as this year’s coveted cover girls.
< video, 6180938719001, FoxNews.com, fnc, web_exclusives/digital_originals, web_exclusives, primary_entertainment, special/apple_news, web_exclusives/digital_originals/enterprise, special, 3play_same_day >
- AdWeek 23:30August 13, 2020Google, YouTube Provide Updates on Their Efforts to Protect the US ElectionsGoogle and its YouTube video site outlined steps they are taking to protect the upcoming presidential election in the U.S. Two features were added to Google Search. Searching for how to register to vote will bring up information about voter registration in the user's state, including deadlines, options and a way to check their status....
< Politics, Social Pro Daily >
- Forbes 23:16August 13, 2020Facebook Has Failed To Expunge 'Boogaloo' Extremists, Report ClaimsFacebook has reportedly sought to justify its selective approach to removing Boogaloo groups by arguing that some parts of the movement are not violent.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Social Media, /social-media, Breaking, breaking-news, business, SportsMoney >
- Forbes 23:16August 13, 2020Scientists Demonstrate The Visualization And Control Of Chemical Reactions Using SoundA new paper published in Nature Chemistry shows how a team of scientists at the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) in South Korea visualized and controlled chemical reactions in water using audible sound.
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science >
- Forbes 23:12August 13, 2020Fauci Says Coronavirus Temperature Checks ‘Notoriously Inaccurate’Businesses big and small have been using infrared thermometers to screen patrons for fever, a symptom of Covid-19.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, business >
- Observer 22:56August 13, 2020Bill Gates Warns First Batch of COVID-19 Vaccines ‘Won’t Be Ideal’Rich countries will get out of the pandemic by the end of 2021, Gates said.
< Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, Coronavirus vaccine, Covid-19 vaccine, Pandemic >
- FoxNews 22:54August 13, 2020Kamala Harris reacts to Trump and Biden referring to presidential impeachments as ‘lynchings’Sen. Kamala Harris reacts to the use of the term ‘lynching’ by former Vice President Joe Biden to describe the impeachment of Bill Clinton in 1998.
< video, 6180890922001, FoxNews.com, fnc, web_exclusives/digital_originals, web_exclusives, web_exclusives/digital_originals/wochit, 3play_processed, politics/person/joe_biden, politics/person/kamala_harris, primary_politics, politics/elections/2020_presidential_election, politics/elections/democrats, politics, politics/person, special/apple_news, special, politics/elections, media >