- Breitbart News 06:16July 7, 2020Grassley: 'The Deep State Is so Deep Its People Get Away with Political Crimes'Chuck Grassley described the depth of the “Deep State” as so great that its members “get away with political crimes.”
< Israel / Middle East, Politics, Attorney General Bill Barr, Chuck Grassley, Deep State, Donald Trump, John Durham, Russia hoax >
- Breitbart News 23:35June 25, 2020Sidney Powell: Michael Flynn Planned to 'Audit' Intel Agencies Before FBI ProsecutionAppearing Thursday on Fox Business Channel's Mornings with Maria, attorney Sidney Powell said her client, former National Security Advisor Lt. Gen. (ret) Michael Flynn, was planning to "audit" U.S. intelligence agencies before the fateful 2017 interview which the FBI used to prosecute him.
< Politics, Deep State, FBI, Michael Flynn, Sidney Powell >
- Breitbart News 21:15June 18, 2020Nolte: John Bolton Serves Up Another Deep State NothingburgerJohn Bolton avoided any situation where he would have had to reveal all the details of his book 1) before the book came out, and 2) under oath. Anyone else smell a rat?
< Politics, Deep State, Donald Trump, John Bolton, John Nolte, Robert Lighthizer >
- Breitbart News 23:46May 16, 2020Fred Fleitz: Identities of Unmasking Requesters 'Not Classified,' Release Them AllFred Fleitz called on the Trump administration to name all Obama administration officials who made unmasking requests Americans' identities.
< National Security, Politics, Radio, Barack Obama, CIA, Deep State, FBI, Fred Fleitz, James Clapper, John Brennan, NSA, Obamagate, Richard Grenell, Samantha Power, Susan Rice, unmasking >
- Breitbart News 02:54May 15, 2020Fitton: Justice for General Flynn – and Our CountryThe targeting of General Flynn was a key part of the Obama/Clinton/Deep State coup against President Trump.
< Politics, coup, Deep State, Hillary Clinton, Michael Flynn, Obama, Sidney Powell >
- Breitbart News 23:56May 14, 2020John Brennan: Trump Running Most Odious 'Disinformation Machine' in HistoryFormer CIA Director John Brennan on Thursday lashed out at President Donald Trump in the wake of revelations that he was among various Obama-era officials who may have received "unmasked" intelligence on former Let. Gen. Michael Flynn, accusing the president of overseeing the most odious "disinformation machine" in history.
< National Security, Politics, Deep State, Donald Trump, John Brennan, Michael Flynn, Obamagate >
- Breitbart News 22:57May 13, 2020Rand Paul: Biden 'Caught Red-Handed' Using Govt. Spy Powers Against 'Political Opponent'Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) reacted Wednesday to former Vice President Joe Biden being one of several top Obama officials who may have received intelligence from unmasking requests targeting former Trump national security advisor Mike Flynn — according to newly-declassified documents by acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell — stating that the presumptive Democrat nominee was "caught red-handed" using U.S. spy powers to "go after a political opponent."
< National Security, Politics, Deep State, Joe Biden, Michael Flynn, Obamagate, Rand Paul, Richard Grenell >
- Breitbart News 21:08May 13, 2020Senators Demand Names of Obama Officials Implicated in Flynn Spying ScandalA pair of Republican senators are seeking the identities of Obama-era officials involved in the unmasking of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, The Hill reported Wednesday
< National Security, Politics, Barack Obama, Chuck Grassley, Deep State, DOJ, Michael Flynn, Obamagate, Richard Grenell, Ron Johnson, U.S. Department of Justice, William Barr >
- Breitbart News 15:19May 12, 2020Report: Acting DNI Grenell Declassifies List of Obama Officials Involved in Flynn 'Unmasking'Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell has declassified a list of former Obama administration officials allegedly involved in the “unmasking” of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's communications with Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak during President Donald Trump's transition period.
< National Security, Politics, Barack Obama, Deep State, Michael Flynn, Obamagate, Richard Grennell, Samantha Power, sergey kislyak, Susan Rice, U.S. Department of Justice >
- Breitbart News 16:00May 3, 2020Virgil: The Flynn Case Fully Reveals the Deep State Virgil first wrote about the Deep State in December 2016, and he first wrote about the Michael Flynn case in January 2017—and yet he didn’t know the half of it.
< 2020 Election, National Security, Barack Obama, Bureaucrats, Deep State, Michael Flynn, Robert Mueller, RussiaGate, sergey kislyak, Vladimir Putin, Washington DC >
- Business Insider 01:06March 11, 2020Photos at the White House show Trump meeting with actors in a play about the 'deep state' amid the coronavirus outbreakOfficial White House Photo by Shealah Craighead Insider has obtained exclusive photos of Trump meeting in the White House with the actors and creators of a play based on the real-life anti-Trump texts sent between FBI employees who were having an affair.
"FBI Lovebirds" was staged at CPAC on February 27, the same day as the meeting in the Oval Office, just as the coronavirus crisis was beginning to spread across the U.S.
There were 60 confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the U.S. on February 27. Today there are 647, according to the CDC.
The play's writer told Insider that Trump "loved" the idea of the play and joked that he should play the role of ex-FBI agent Peter Strzok.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. While the US was in the relatively early stages of the coronavirus crisis, President Donald Trump controversially held a 45-minute meeting — originally scheduled to be just 15 minutes — with the lead actors and creators of a play about ex-FBI employees Peter Strzok and Lisa Page's anti-Trump texts.
The play, "FBI Lovebirds," was staged at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on February 27, the same day as the meeting in the Oval Office. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Extremists turned a frog meme into a hate symbol, but Hong Kong protesters revived it as an emblem of hopeSee Also:A person has tested positive for coronavirus after attending a conservative conference where White House officials were presentCurrent and former Trump officials say CPAC failed to offer useful coronavirus updates, leaving them confused and angry about their level of exposureTrump is reportedly fixated on keeping the number of official US coronavirus cases as low as possible — despite indications the disease has spread wider than he wantsSEE ALSO: Current and former Trump officials say CPAC failed to offer useful coronavirus updates, leaving them confused and angry about their level of exposure
< CPAC, Dean Cain, Kristy Swanson, peter strzok, lisa page, FBI, deep state, coronavirus, >
- Breitbart News 23:09February 24, 2020Democrat Mike Quigley: 'There is No Deep State'Appearing Monday on CNN's New Day, Rep. Mike Quigley (D-IL) accused President Donald Trump of wanting a "team of sycophants" advising him and said there is no such thing as the "deep state."
< Politics, CIA, Deep State, FBI, Mike Quigley >
- Breitbart News 00:42February 22, 2020Virgil: Trump Drains the Deep State, Finally!President Trump has made quite a few changes to the administration since his February 5 acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial.
< 2020 Election, National Security, Politics, Deep State, Donald Trump, Johnny McEntee, Michael Flynn, National Security Council, Richard Grenell, Washington DC, White House >
- Business Insider 17:32February 20, 2020Mick Mulvaney said the deep state is ‘100% true,’ and government officials should obey Trump or quitActing White House Chief of Staff Mike Mulvaney shared his views on President Donald Trump administration in a speech at Oxford University on Wednesday night.
At one point Mulvaney vented his anger at a so-called deep state of partisan officials he claims is out to unseat Trump, an attendee told Business Insider.
Mulvaney also said bureaucrats who want to make policy instead of following orders "should put their name on the effing ballot and run" for office, according to The Washington Post.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney on Wednesday night revived a conspiracy theory that a "deep state" of partisan officials is trying to destroy President Donald Trump's administration, and said government officials should follow the president's orders or leave.
Mulvaney made the unusually candid remarks at the Oxford Union, which hosts events where public figures give talks to students of the elite Oxford University.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Extremists turned a frog meme into a hate symbol, but Hong Kong protesters revived it as an emblem of hopeSee Also:Trump gleefully taunted Bloomberg over his disastrous first Democratic debate, saying it was the 'worst in the history of debates'Stephen Miller's uncle trolled him by donating to a refugee-rights charity as a wedding giftAttorney General William Barr reportedly told people that he is considering quitting over Trump interference in DOJ cases
< Mick Mulvaney, deep state, News UK, Trump impeachment, Donald Trump, Oxford University, >
- Breitbart News 00:33February 19, 2020Donald Trump: I Know Who 'Anonymous' IsPresident Donald Trump claimed Tuesday to know the identity of the "Anonymous" government official criticizing his administration in a New York Times op-ed and in a book.
< Media, Politics, Anonymous, Deep State, Donald Trump, New York Times, White House >
- Business Insider 10:34February 14, 2020While Barr publicly scolds Trump, his DOJ is quietly investigating those in the CIA who probed 2016 Russian interferenceREUTERS/Leah Millis Attorney General William Barr, in an interview that aired Thursday, publicly rebuked President Donald Trump, saying that his tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job."
Barr also maintained his impartiality and stressed that Trump has "never" asked him "to do anything in a criminal case."
On the same day as the interview, The New York Times published an article about the Justice Department's probe into intelligence agencies over the probe into Russia's 2016 election interference.
The report claims that US District Attorney John Durham, who was appointed by Barr to look into the origins of the Russia probe, appeared to be pursuing a theory that the CIA was hiding information from other intelligence agencies.
Former CIA Director John Brennan appeared on MSNBC's "Hardball" on Thursday and dismissed Durham's investigation as "kind of silly," but said it adds fuel to criticism that Trump is using the department to go after his perceived political opponents.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. In an interview that aired on ABC News on Thursday, Attorney General William Barr spoke out against President Donald Trump and his recent tweets aimed at the Department of Justice.
"I think it's time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said, because they "make it impossible for me to do my job."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: What it takes to be an NFL referee, according to an official who spent 19 seasons in the leagueSee Also:Hillary Clinton compares Trump to 'failed-state fascists' after he lashed out at a federal judge on Twitter over Roger Stone's caseThe Education Department says universities haven't disclosed more than $6.5 billion in foreign funding — and they're reportedly going after Harvard and YaleThe best cat foodSEE ALSO: Hillary Clinton compares Trump to 'failed-state fascists' after he lashed out at a federal judge on Twitter over Roger Stone's case
< barr, AG Barr, Justice Department, deep state, >
- Business Insider 19:25January 27, 2020What the American 'deep state' actually is, and why Trump gets it wrongReuters The frequent invocations of the "deep state" by President Donald Trump and those around him are generally meant to cast blame when his administration doesn't get its way.
The idea of a "deep state" is not a new one, and Trump isn't the first one to argue it exists in the US, even if his description is imprecise, writes Rebecca Gordon, an author and teacher at the University of San Francisco.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. This seems like a strange moment to be writing about "the deep state" with the country entering a new phase of open and obvious aboveground chaos and instability.
Just as we had gotten used to the fact that the president is, in effect, under congressional indictment, just as we had settled into a more or less stable stalemate over when (and if) the Senate will hold an impeachment trial, the president shook the snow globe again, by ordering the assassination of foreign military officials and threatening the destruction of Iran's cultural sites.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: A law professor weighs in on how Trump could beat impeachmentSee Also:Sweden busted a man who impersonated a military officer for 18 years, worked at NATO headquarters, and even had contact with RussiaMexico set another record for homicides in 20198 truths to remember before sending Americans off to another warSEE ALSO: Lessons learned during 4 decades of battling the Pentagon's rising budget
< TomDispatch, News Contributor, deep state, Bureaucracy, Civil Servants, civil service, Military-Industrial Complex, >
- Breitbart News 00:45January 17, 2020Joe DiGenova: Senate Should Subpoena Michael Atkinson over ‘Fake Whistleblower’ ComplaintJoe diGenova called for the Senate Judiciary Committee to subpoena Michael Atkinson regarding the complaint made by the "fake whistleblower."
< Politics, Radio, Adam Schiff, Deep State, Eric Ciaramella, impeachment, intelligence community, Jerry Nadler, Joe diGenova, Lisa Murkowski, Michael Atkinson, Mitt Romney, Nancy Pelosi, Susan Collins, Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky >