- The Guardian(UK) 23:17November 27, 2020Federal court rejects Trump election lawsuit in PennsylvaniaTrump’s legal team vows to appeal to supreme court after yet another defeat, as judge says claims ‘have no merit’Donald Trump’s legal team suffered yet another defeat in court Friday as a federal appeals court in Philadelphia roundly rejected the campaign’s latest effort to challenge the state’s election results.Trump’s lawyers vowed to appeal to the supreme court despite the Philadelphia judges’ assessment that the “campaign’s claims have no merit”. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Pennsylvania, US news, Trump administration, World news, Rudy Giuliani, US politics >
- Breitbart News 23:02November 27, 2020Donald Trump Calls for Section 230 Repeal as Parler CEO Says Facebook, Twitter 'Not Neutral Actors'President Donald Trump called for the termination of Section 230 protection for internet companies as an upstart social media CEO has urged a more nuanced approach.
< Politics, Tech, Ajit Pai, Donald Trump, FCC, John Matze, Parler, Section 230 >
- Business Insider 22:52November 27, 2020The Trump administration quietly pushed out nearly a dozen prominent defense advisors after its Pentagon leadership purgeThe administration reportedly gutted the Defense Policy Board, removing at least 11 of the board's 13 members this week.
< Military & Defense, Politics, Pentagon, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 22:16November 27, 2020A Trump-appointed judge eviscerated the president's biggest election lawsuit in Pennsylvania, saying the campaign's 'claims have no merit'The judge, who is a Trump appointee, tore apart the campaign's claims and said it has no basis for trying to overturn the election results.
< Election 2020, Politics, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Pennsylvania, Voter Fraud >
- Business Insider 20:39November 27, 2020Trump implies that he won't leave the White House unless Biden 'can prove' he won 80 million votes, as the president continues to tweet lies and conspiracy theories about the electionTrump does not have the power to determine whether Biden can take office, and his campaign has failed to prove any mass fraud in court.
< Politics, President Donald Trump >
- The Guardian 18:58November 27, 2020Trump's baseless claims of Georgia voter fraud spark fears among RepublicansTrump’s party worries his comments could depress GOP turnout in key Senate runoff electionsDespite giving his strongest hints yet that he is coming to accept his loss of the White House to challenger Joe Biden, Donald Trump’s continuing reluctance to leave office and baseless claims about electoral fraud are increasingly worrying his own party.In particular, Republicans are concerned that the chaos caused by Trump’s stance and his false comments on the conduct of the election in the key swing state of Georgia, which Biden won for the Democrats, could hinder his party’s efforts to retain control of the Senate. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US politics, Georgia, US news >
- Huffington Post UK 18:51November 27, 2020CNN Anchor Hits Trump With A Blunt Reminder After President’s Rant At Reporter
< Donald Trump, Politics, White House, 2020 election, Jake Tapper, Jeff Mason, donald-trump, politics, white-house, 2020-election, jake-tapper, jeff-mason, NEWS, news >
- Guardian 18:47November 27, 2020Trump's furniture fail: that's not a desk, Donald – it's a table for TV dinnersThe Resolute desk at the White House is made of timbers taken from a Royal Navy ship. It projects pure power. Is that why the defeated US president has switched to an occasional table he can barely squeeze his legs under?Has Donald Trump conceded the presidency by design? Is his choice of furniture betraying a subconscious admission of defeat? When the outgoing US president gave a speech this week saying he would depart if the electoral college voted for Joe Biden, his words came as less of a shock than the desk he chose to sit at. It was tiny. It sent out a clear signal. And that signal was “loser”.Jokes about the shrunken size of Trump’s desk – one photograph, taken from low down, captures his legs barely fitting beneath it – are easy. So let’s not. You want to see a real ruler’s desk? The Resolute desk in the Oval Office is the definition of one: a massive fortress of a working space, like an aircraft carrier with legs, sporting the US eagle at the heart of its heavy Victorian carvings. Its timbers are British in origin: they come from a Royal Navy sailing ship, HMS Resolute, that once braved the icy waters of the north pole. And in a final addition of defensive machismo, Franklin D Roosevelt had the front bulwarked so no one could see his leg braces and discover he was disabled. Continue reading...
< Design, Donald Trump, Art and design, Culture, US news, World news, Interiors >
- Breitbart News 17:44November 27, 2020Donald Trump: 'Facts Are on Our Side' in Election Fight, but 'Time Isn't'"As to whether or not I can get this apparatus moving this quickly--because time isn’t on our side...," Trump said. "Everything else is on our side. Facts are on our side."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Thanksgiving, voter fraud >
- Business Insider 15:45November 27, 2020Dominion Voting Systems tore into Sidney Powell's lawsuit accusing them of a vast conspiracy, calling it 'baseless, senseless, physically impossible'In a blistering rebuttal, Dominion Voting Systems responded to Sidney Powell's claims in her case seeking to overturn the election result in Georgia.
< Politics, News UK, Sidney Powell, 2020 election, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Georgia >
- Business Insider 15:18November 27, 2020Donald Trump spent Thanksgiving night railing against Section 230 on Twitter as the #DiaperDon hashtag went viralTwitter users mocked the president using the hashtag #DiaperDon after he sat at a smaller-than-usual table during a news conference.
< Politics, Politics, Twitter, Donald Trump, Election 2020, Social Media, Tech Insider, President Donald Trump, Trends, Trump administration >
- Business Insider 14:51November 27, 2020A donor who gave $2.5 million to a pro-Trump group looking for election fraud wants his money back after disappointing resultsFred Eshelman is suing True the Vote Inc, with the lawsuit saying he was given "platitudes and empty promises" instead of results.
< Politics, Donald Trump, 2020 election, News UK >
- Business Insider 14:33November 27, 2020Trump gave his Thanksgiving press conference from a tiny desk that looks like a throwback to a 2017 'SNL' skitTrump held his first press conference since losing the election Thursday, but people's attention was distracted by the tiny desk he was seated at.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Thanksgiving, Saturday Night Live, SNL, News UK >
- Business Insider 14:10November 27, 2020Trump's national security advisor and his entourage were reportedly treated as 'human petri dishes' in Vietnam, as the US COVID-19 outbreak worsens every dayRobert O'Brien's airplane crew were also not allowed to enter Vietnam and had to spend the night in Thailand, Bloomberg reported.
< Politics, Science, News UK, Robert O'Brien, Donald Trump, coronavirus, Vietnam >
- The Guardian 14:00November 27, 2020How Trump is destroying the presidential transition processWhat does Biden lose from the president’s refusal to acknowledge defeat? Crucial time needed to fill positions and prevent serious national security risksHaving lost the election, as well as dozens of post-election challenges, Donald Trump’s ongoing refusal to admit defeat is still doing damage Joe Biden’s transition to power. Related: ‘Mini desk. Tiny hands. Small soul’: Trump mocked for giving speech at little table Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, Joe Biden, US news, US elections 2020, US politics >
- Huffington Post UK 12:38November 27, 2020Trump Flips Out At Reporter: 'Don't Ever Talk To The President That Way'
< Politics and Government, Donald Trump, White House, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, President of the United States, electoral fraud, Jeff Mason, politics-and-government, donald-trump, white-house, joe-biden, barack-obama, president-of-the-united-states, electoral-fraud, jeff-mason, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 12:17November 27, 2020Unthankful Trump Refuses To Say If He Will Attend Biden Inauguration
< Donald Trump, Politics, Joe Biden, 2020 election, Thanksgiving, United States Electoral College, donald-trump, politics, joe-biden, 2020-election, thanksgiving, united-states-electoral-college, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 12:13November 27, 2020People Can’t Believe Donald Trump’s Tiny Desk For His Thanksgiving Rant Isn’t A Joke
< Donald Trump, Politics, Twitter, 2020 election, Thanksgiving, electoral fraud, donald-trump, politics, twitter, 2020-election, thanksgiving, electoral-fraud, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 05:57November 27, 2020CNN’s S.E. Cupp: Trump Pardoning Himself 'Would Certainly Imperil' 2024 RunCNN’s S.E. Cupp said Thursday on "Newsroom" that if President Donald Trump used his pardon powers to pardon himself, it was an admission of guilt which "would certainly imperil" a 2024 presidential run.
< Clips, Media, Politics, Donald Trump, SE Cupp >
- Business Insider 04:03November 27, 2020Trump said he will 'certainly' leave the White House if the Electoral College elects Joe BidenTrump continued to refuse to concede to Biden, citing conspiracy theories about the election related to voter fraud and mail-in voting.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, 2020 election, Electoral College >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:16November 27, 2020Donald Trump says he will leave White House if electoral college votes for Joe BidenPresident’s comments are the closest he has come to admitting defeat in election and set stage for college vote on 14 December Donald Trump has said that he will leave the White House if the electoral college votes for Democratic president-elect Joe Biden in the closest the outgoing president has come to conceding defeat.Biden won the presidential election with 306 electoral college votes – many more than the 270 required – to Trump’s 232. Biden also leads Trump by more than 6 million in the popular vote tally. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US news, US elections 2020 >
- Business Insider 20:36November 26, 2020Yes, Trump can pardon himself — but it's a risky move that won't protect him from all prosecutions he could faceIf the president were to issue himself a pardon before leaving office, it would likely be construed as an admission of guilt.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Presidential Pardons, News UK, morning meeting, analysis >
- Huffington Post UK 18:39November 26, 2020Trump's Thanksgiving Message Urges People To 'Gather' Despite Raging Pandemic
< Politics and Government, Health, Donald Trump, Politics, Joe Biden, Thanksgiving, politics-and-government, health, donald-trump, politics, joe-biden, thanksgiving, NEWS, news >
- The Guardian 17:50November 26, 2020Biden wants to extend an olive branch to Republicans. He shouldn't | Joshua Craze and Ainsley LeSureBiden must choose whether to build a post-white America – or to placate the white supremacist project of the Republican partyShortly after Biden was declared president-elect, he announced that he would reach a hand across the aisle. “We must stop,” he said, “treating our opponents as enemies. We are not enemies. We are Americans.” This is the Biden playbook at work, honed through years of compromises made with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell: appealing to the Republican elite in office, while trying to appeal to moderate Republicans on the ground.Having stretched out its hand to the Republicans, the center of the Democratic party then turned to its real enemy – the left that it blames for its poor showing in the election. Virginia congresswoman Abigail Spanberger led the charge, contending that “no one should ever say ‘defund the police’ ever again”. Despite the fact that progressive candidates did well across the ticket, and Biden ran a campaign modelled on Hilary Clinton’s neoliberal program, centrist Democrats blamed the core demand of the Black Lives Matter movement for alienating moderates. In centrist Democrats’ telling, the problem is the left – and the answer is to reach out to that poor soul, the moderate Republican. Continue reading...
< Biden administration, Joe Biden, Republicans, Donald Trump, US elections 2020, US politics >
- Breitbart News 17:21November 26, 2020Thanksgiving Proclamation: Donald Trump Celebrates 400th Anniversary of Plymouth Rock Landing"Propelled by hope for a brighter future, these intrepid men and women endured two long months at sea, tired and hungry, to arrive in a new world full of potential," he wrote.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Proclamation >
- Business Insider 17:08November 26, 2020Pranksters have claimed a Trump 2024 campaign website domain which labels Trump a 'loser'A pair of pranksters have taken over the website domain 'DonaldJTrump2024.com' and given it subheadings which include 'Trump Lost.'
< Politics, News, Trump 2020, Election 2020, Joe Biden, Trump 2024, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 16:39November 26, 2020Sidney Powell published 2 misspelt election lawsuits against Georgia and Michigan, even after the Trump campaign publicly disowned herPowell persisted with her legal efforts even after the Trump campaign claimed it had no affiliation with her work, widely dismissed as outlandish.
< Politics, News UK, 2020 election, Sidney Powell, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Rudy Giuliani >
- Business Insider 16:21November 26, 2020Trump has more or less stopped talking about the pandemic, as the CDC predicts the US could hit 300,000 deaths before ChristmasSince Joe Biden won the 2020 election, President Trump has used the majority of his public speeches to double down on his baseless voter-fraud claims.
< Politics, News UK, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, coronavirus >
- Huffington Post UK 15:19November 26, 2020Washington Post Editorial Board Tears Into Donald Trump: 'A Total Disgrace'
< Donald Trump, White House, 2020 election, The Washington Post, Michael Flynn, donald-trump, white-house, 2020-election, the-washington-post, michael-flynn, NEWS, news >
- The Guardian 14:35November 26, 2020Republicans are right: democracy is rigged. But they are the beneficiaries | Stephen HolmesConservatives relish the irony of Trump’s audacious reversal of the truth around rigging – because it distracts attention from their minority ruleThe Republican establishment, despite being unfairly advantaged by the skewed composition of the electoral college, by over-representation in the House due to partisan gerrymandering and in the Senate due to equal State suffrage, has been in no hurry to reject Donald Trump’s ludicrous allegation that the American electoral system is rigged to favor Democrats. Sweating the make-or-break Georgia runoffs, the party’s leaders are apparently frightened to cross the mad king, who owns their voters, lest he cause their ratings to plummet as he is doing with Fox News. But Republican complicity with this unprecedented attack on American democracy is not a matter of short-term expediency or fear of reprisals. It is much worse than that. Mitch McConnell and the others are not merely humoring the president until his mania subsides. Trump’s voters are the Republicans’ voters and the Republican party cannot easily cut them, and their deranged conspiracy theories, loose even after 20 January. Related: How do we avoid future authoritarians? Winning back the working class is key | Bernie Sanders Continue reading...
< US politics, Donald Trump, Republicans, Democrats >
- Business Insider 14:13November 26, 2020Trump retweeted GOP ally Matt Gaetz calling for him to go on a pardoning spree including himself and his whole administrationTrump yesterday pardoned Michael Flynn, heightening speculation that he may use the tail end of his presidency to exonerate more of his allies.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Presidential Pardons, Matt Gaetz, News UK >
- Business Insider 13:56November 26, 2020Trump's inner circle is telling him that Giuliani and the rest of his legal team are making him look like an idiot, report saysAs of Thursday, none of the Trump campaign's 22 lawsuits challenging the 2020 presidential election results have been successful.
< Politics, News UK, Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump, 2020 election >
- The Guardian 13:00November 26, 2020Biden says 'America is back' at the head of the table – but is that a good thing?After four years of Trump, many diplomats are hopeful – but US critics say the idea of a return to a ‘golden age’ is a delusionFor most of the world’s diplomats, Joe Biden’s foreign policy slogan “America is Back” is no metaphor.On global issues from climate change, to non-proliferation and human rights, the US under the Trump administration had literally gathered up its papers and pens and left the meeting room. Biden’s election victory and choice of committed internationalists to lead the foreign policy team, means that there will actually be someone sitting in what has been an empty chair. Continue reading...
< US foreign policy, US news, World news, United Nations, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats >
- Business Insider 10:16November 26, 2020El Paso lawyered up to try and collect $570,000 owed to the city by the Trump campaign from a rally 2 years agoThe city council hired the lawyers to collect the Trump campaign debt days after the National Guard was sent to help with bodies of COVID-19 victims.
< Politics, Donald Trump, El Paso, Trump campaign, campaign rally, Texas, Debt >
- Breitbart News 05:39November 26, 2020Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Nominated for Time 'Person of the Year'Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has been nominated to be Time magazine's "Person of the Year."
< Health, Politics, Andrew Cuomo, Donald Trump, Gretchen Whitmer, Joe Biden, Michigan, Mike Pence, Person of the Year, Time Magazine >
- Business Insider 04:19November 26, 2020'My family voted for Trump. He threw us under the bus anyway': Georgia secretary of state says he worked hard to uphold the integrity of this year's election despite Trump's unfounded claims of fraud"After any election, half of the voters will be happy and the other half will be disappointed," Brad Raffensperger said.
< Politics, News, Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, 2020 election, Election 2020, Donald Trump >
- New York Magazine 04:00November 26, 2020Here’s What Lame-Duck Trump Might DoThe president could start a war, spare his convicted cronies, and more on the way out.
< politics, donald trump, joe biden, countdown >
- Business Insider 03:07November 26, 2020Will Rudy Giuliani be disbarred? Probably not for Trump's election lawsuits, experts say.President Donald Trump's personal lawyer still faces the risk of losing his law license because of his work in Ukraine, according to legal experts.
< Politics, Rudy Giuliani, Donald Trump, Disbarment, Lev Parnas, Igor Fruman, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 01:52November 26, 2020Almost everything Trump said at a Republican event in Pennsylvania about the election was a lie or a conspiracy theoryTrump made claims about dead people voting, widespread voter fraud, and illegal spying, and asked why the election hasn't been overturned yet.
< Election 2020, Politics, News, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Voter Fraud, Election Fraud, Rudy Giuliani, Conspiracy Theories >
- Business Insider 00:57November 26, 2020Biden offers a message of unity on Thanksgiving Eve as Trump airs grievances and spreads conspiracy theories"I know the country has grown weary of the fight, but we need to remember we're at a war with a virus — not with each other," Biden said.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, 2020 election, Thanksgiving, Rudy Giuliani, COVID-19, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 00:43November 26, 2020Biden becomes the first presidential candidate in US history to win 80 million votes — and countingPresident-elect Joe Biden continues to shatter the record for total votes since Election Day, per Insider and Decision Desk HQ.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, 2020 Elections, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 00:40November 26, 2020Fox News is under a siege of its own making from TrumpThe network is confronting the wrath of the viewer it amplified as Trump lashes out and encourages his base to change the channel.
< Politics, Media, analysis, Fox news, Newsmax, nielsen ratings, Donald Trump >
- Breitbart News 00:33November 26, 2020Joe Biden Pledges to 'Root Out Systemic Racism' in Thanksgiving MessageFormer Vice President Joe Biden promised to "root out systemic racism," while delivering his Thanksgiving address on Wednesday.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Social Justice, 2020 Presidential Race, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Thanksgiving >
- Huffington Post UK 00:33November 26, 2020Trump Pardons Former Adviser Michael Flynn, Who Pleaded Guilty In Russia Probe
< Donald Trump, Politics, Russia, Robert Mueller, FBI, Pardon, Michael T. Flynn, donald-trump, politics, russia, robert-mueller, fbi, pardon, michael-t-flynn, POLITICS, News, news >
- Huffington Post UK 00:23November 26, 2020Trump Phones In To Hearing In Bizarre Act Of Desperation
< Donald Trump, us news, global news, Joe Biden, Rudy Giuliani, donald-trump, us-news, global-news, joe-biden, rudy-giuliani, POLITICS, politics, News, news >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:18November 26, 2020Trump pardons former national security adviser Michael FlynnFlynn pleaded guilty to lying to FBI over Russian contactsTrump expected to pardon several key aides before he departsDonald Trump has pardoned Michael Flynn, his first national security adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about contacts with a Russian official. Related: 'Conmen, grifters and criminals': why is Trump's circle so at odds with the law? Continue reading...
< Michael Flynn, Donald Trump, US news, World news, US politics >
- Breitbart News 00:18November 26, 2020Donald Trump Calls In to Gettysburg Hearing: We Have to Overturn Election Because Democrats Cheated"They have to turn over the results," Trump said. "It would be easy for me to say, 'Oh let's worry about four years from now.' No. This election was lost by the Democrats. They cheated. It was a fraudulent election."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Gettysburg, Joe Biden, Pennsylvania, Rudy Giuliani, voter fraud >
- Business Insider 00:14November 26, 2020Trump pardons former national security advisor Michael FlynnFlynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and initially cooperated with prosecutors, but he's taken a more combative stance in recent months.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Michael Flynn, russia probe, Russia investigation, robert mueller, Trump pardon, Pardon >
- Business Insider 22:33November 25, 2020In an apparent dig at the Trump administration, Obama says Biden's foreign policy team will 'know where countries are'Trump mispronounced Nepal and Bhutan in June 2017, and when looking at a map, had to be told where the countries were located, Politico reported.
< Politics, Barack Obama, Stephen Colbert, Foreign Policy, Geography, Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo, Nepal, Bhutan, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 20:52November 25, 2020The Trump administration is aiming to bring back firing squads and electrocutions for some federal executionsProPublica reports that the lame-duck administration is rushing to finalize this regulatory change, but it is unlikely to change any executions.
< Politics, Trump administration, Death Penalty, Department of Justice, Donald Trump >