- New York Magazine 08:49January 19, 2019Mueller Disputes BuzzFeed Report That Trump Ordered Cohen to Perjure HimselfIn a rare public statement, the special counsel claims that BuzzFeed’s report on ”documents and testimony obtained by this office” is wrong.
< russia investigation, robert mueller, donald trump >
- Breitbart News 08:20January 19, 2019Trump Allies Celebrate Disintegration of BuzzFeed's Fake News HitAllies of President Donald Trump are out in full force Friday night, rubbing in the revelation from Special Counsel Robert Mueller that BuzzFeed's once-thought-to-be-explosive story alleging ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen provided Mueller with evidence that the president instructed him to lie to Congress is false.
< Media, Politics, Ben Smith, Buzzfeed, CNN, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., fake news, Michael Cohen, Robert Mueller, Ronna McDaniel, Russia, special counsel >
- Breitbart News 07:10January 19, 2019BuzzFeed Leads with Fake News 'Collusion' Story Hours After Refuted by MuellerBuzzfeednews.com led with a report on Democrats pledging to investigate its Russia collusion report after it had been debunked by Mueller.
< Media, Politics, Adam Schiff, Buzzfeed, Donald Trump, Eric Swalwell, fake news, House Intelligence Committee, House Judiciary Committee, Jerry Nadler, Michael Cohen, Robert Mueller, Russia probe >
- Breitbart News 05:19January 19, 2019Ben Smith: We Stand by Our Story - We Want to Know What Special Counsel Means in 'Very Vague Statement'On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “All In,” BuzzFeed Editor-in-Chief Ben Smith stood by BuzzFeed’s story about President Trump ordering Michael Cohen to lie to Congress and stated that the special counsel’s statement about the story is a “very vague” one that they want to see clarified. Smith said, “[T]he special counsel issued this very vague statement. We are eager to know what he’s talking about.” Smith later added that the special counsel’s statement is “very hard” to understand. Anchor Chris Hayes asked, “Do you stand by the reporting that you guys published, which is a scoop that no one else has or has confirmed?” Smith responded, “Yes. As we wrote, we have two federal law enforcement officials — no game playing with those titles — who have told us that President Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. I mean, as you know, that Trump Tower in Moscow, which we reported on many months ago, the same two reporters, was at the heart of the indictment of Michael Cohen and really at the heart of a lot of this investigation.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
< Clips, Ben Smith, Buzzfeed, Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, Robert Mueller >
- The Guardian(UK) 04:10January 19, 2019Mueller breaks silence to dispute parts of bombshell report on Michael CohenSpecial counsel says elements of BuzzFeed story, claiming Trump told his former lawyer to lie to Congress, are ‘not accurate’In a rare public remark, the office of special counsel Robert Mueller disputed a bombshell report alleging that Donald Trump had directed his former attorney to lie to congress.BuzzFeed News reported Thursday evening that Trump had personally directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about a real estate project in Moscow. The report cited two federal law enforcement sources and said the special counsel’s office had learned of Trump’s alleged directive from multiple witnesses, Trump Organization emails, text messages and other documents. Continue reading...
< Michael Cohen, Donald Trump, Robert Mueller, US news, Trump-Russia investigation >
- Breitbart News 03:36January 19, 2019Mueller Disputes BuzzFeed News Report Claiming Trump Directed Michael Cohen TestimonyA spokesperson for special counsel Robert Mueller's office released a statement Friday disputing a BuzzFeed Report which alleged President Donald Trump directed his former attorney Michael Cohen to make false statements to Congress regarding a proposed real estate deal in Russia.
< Politics, Buzzfeed, Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, Robert Mueller >
- New York Magazine 01:24January 19, 2019Trump Didn’t Have Secret Contact With Russia — It Was Done in Plain SightHis private meetings with Putin are an apt metaphor for their entire bizarre relationship.
< the national interest, donald trump, vladimir putin, russia investigation, collusion, politics, new york magazine >
- Breitbart News 01:02January 19, 2019Meacham: If BuzzFeed Report True Congress Must Proceed with 'Impeachment'Friday on MSNBC’s “Live,” presidential historian Jon Meacham said President Donald Trump should be impeached if the BuzzFeed News the report claiming Trump directed his attorney Michael Cohen to intentionally lie to Congress is true. Partial transcript as follows: TUR: Jon, really great to have you. You are looking at this from a historical lens—if this turns out to be true, do you think there is any choice that Republicans have but to vote for impeachment? MEACHAM: I don’t think there is any choice in terms of proceeding with impeachment. And if the evidence is what it appears to be, I think in good conscience, Republicans and Democrats who are following their constitutional duty and the precedents of impeachment themselves—which has the virtue of being bipartisan. Both President Nixon—well, he resigned first. President Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice for suborning perjury for attempting to shape stories to keep facts from Congress and from the public. Ultimately, you hear an argument a lot from Republicans, and I am sure you hear it more than I do, which is impeachment is not the way to go because that would overturn the election. That’s a political interpretation of what is also constitutional and legal
< Clips, Politics, Buzzfeed, Donald Trump, impeachment, Jon Meacham, Michael Cohen >
- Breitbart News 00:10January 19, 2019‘President Pelosi’ Trends After BuzzFeed Report: ‘It’s the Ending We Deserve’“President Pelosi” trended on Twitter on Friday as President Donald Trump’s haters fantasized about House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) becoming the next president after BuzzFeed reported that Trump ordered his then-personal lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about a proposal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
< Politics, David Cicilline, Donald Trump, impeachment, Joaquin Castro, Michael Cohen, Mike Pence, Nancy Pelosi >
- Huffington Post UK 23:37January 18, 2019Donald Trump To Meet North Korea's Kim Jong Un Next Month In Second Summit
< Donald Trump, Politics and Government, North Korea, White House, Kim Jong Un, singapore, nuclear disarmament, Kim Yong-chol, 2018 North Korea%e2United States summit, donald-trump, politics-and-government, north-korea, white-house, kim-jong-un, nuclear-disarmament, kim-yong-chol, 2018-north-koreae2united-states-summit, NEWS, news >
- New York Magazine 23:16January 18, 20192020 Candidates Carry Heavy Baggage, and Trump Is Sure to Exploit ThatToday’s harsh intraparty criticism, most recently aimed at Kamala Harris, will become fodder for Trump’s war on his eventual 2020 opponent.
< politics, 2020 presidential election, donald trump, kamala harris, cory booker, joe biden, bernie sanders, elizabeth warren, beto o'rourke, kirsten gillibrand, amy klobuchar, hillary clinton, 2016 presidential election >
- Breitbart News 23:04January 18, 2019Dem Rep. Castro: If BuzzFeed Report True, Trump 'Should Be Impeached'Friday on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Rep. Joaquín Castro (D-TX) said President Donald Trump should be impeached if the BuzzFeed News the report claiming Trump directed Michael Cohen to intentionally lie to Congress is true. When asked if Trump should be impeached, Castro said, “Yeah, I think if this report is true if the president directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress, then that’s a clear case of participating in perjury and obstruction of justice, and he should resign, but if he doesn’t resign, he should be impeached.” Castro said, “As you can imagine, Michael Cohen was in a very different place when he did that interview with us. And of course, he’s admitted now to lying to Congress. So that’s part of the reason that we need to bring him back now to the Intelligence Committee, but obviously the Oversite Committee, perhaps the Judiciary Committee, and get to the bottom of this specific question. The other thing is I hope that Bob Mueller will let him talk to us, because if this is the case, if this is true, what BuzzFeed has reported, then Congress needs to take action. It means you have a president who is directing at least one person
< Clips, Politics, Buzzfeed, Donald Trump, Joaquin Castro, Michael Cohen >
- Breitbart News 22:24January 18, 2019Hollywood Declares Victory Over Trump After Unsubstantiated Buzzfeed 'Bombshell'Hollywood celebrities couldn't contain their joy after a BuzzFeed story alleged that President Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress.
< Entertainment, Politics, Alyssa Milano, Donald Trump, George Takei, Judd Apatow, Kathy Griffin, Michael Cohen, Michael Ian Black, Rosie O'Donnell >
- Breitbart News 22:04January 18, 2019Mike Pence Surprises March for Life Crowd, Introduces Trump's MessageVice President Mike Pence surprised the massive March for Life crowd in Washington, DC, Friday, supporting life and introducing a message from President Donald Trump.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Karen Pence, March for Life, Mike Pence, pro-life, Washington DC >
- The Guardian 21:05January 18, 2019Top North Korean official holds talks in Washington over second summitKim Yong-chol met with Mike Pompeo after arriving on Thursday night before moving on to meet Trump A senior emissary from Kim Jong-un has been holding talks in Washington aimed at arranging a second summit between the North Korean leader and Donald Trump. Related: Kim Yong-chol: the ultimate North Korean regime insider Continue reading...
< North Korea, Mike Pompeo, US foreign policy, Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump, US news >
- Breitbart News 20:58January 18, 2019Donald Trump Addresses March for Life: Vows to Veto Pro-Abortion Bills"Today I have signed a letter to Congress to make clear that if they send any legislation to my desk that weakens the protection of human life, I will issue a veto," Trump said. "And we have the support to uphold those vetos."
< Politics, Abortion, Donald Trump, March for Life, Mike Pence >
- Snopes 20:05January 18, 2019Did President Donald Trump Run TV Ads Asking Border Wall Supporters to Call an 800 Number?"We need to deliver the voices of millions of Americans that we support President Trump, and it starts with your phone call."
< border wall, donald trump >
- Business Insider 19:11January 18, 2019Trump is spreading a dubious rumor about border ranchers finding 'prayer rugs' on their propertiesPresident Donald Trump on Friday tweeted out the headline of an article quoting a border rancher who said she has found prayer rugs on her property.
The rancher had offered no evidence of the rugs, but said Americans don't realize the findings pose a "terrorist threat."
Prayer rugs do not indicate that a person is a terrorist or terror suspect — Muslims use them to pray.
Trump noted that people crossed the border from "many countries, some of which would be a big surprise."
Government data show migrants from majority-Muslim countries are arrested at the border each year, but the numbers are minuscule. President Donald Trump on Friday spread an unverified rumor that border ranchers had found prayer rugs on their property, amid his ongoing push for a wall along the US-Mexico border.
"Border rancher: 'We've found prayer rugs out here. It's unreal,'" he tweeted. "People coming across the Southern Border from many countries, some of which would be a big surprise."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: MSNBC host Chris Hayes thinks President Trump's stance on China is 'not at all crazy'See Also:If donors raised enough money, here's how they could theoretically build the wallThe Republican who represents more of the border than anyone in Congress has an idea to secure the border, and it's not a wallTrump responds to Pelosi by canceling her foreign travel after she asks him to postpone his State of the Union
< Donald Trump, US-Mexico border, Prayer Rugs, Border Wall, Middle East, >
- Breitbart News 19:00January 18, 2019BuzzFeed Bombshell Reporter Says He Has Not Seen the Evidence to Support ReportOne of the BuzzFeed News reporters who broke the report that cited two anonymous sources claiming President Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to intentionally lie to Congress appeared on CNN’s “New Day” Friday to discuss the bombshell. Anthony Cormier shared that he had “not personally” seen the evidence to support his reporting, but said his sources had “access to a number of different documents.” “They have been working the Trump Moscow tower portion of this investigation, our sources have, before Mueller. So, they had access to a number of different documents — 302 reports which are interview reports,” Cormier explained. “That stuff was sort of compiled as they began to look at who the players were speaking with, how those negotiations went, who all from the Trump organization and outside the organization were involved in getting that tower set up.” He added, “They began to compile the evidence before Michael Cohen decided to cooperate and speak with the special counsel.” Cormier said his sourcing is “rock-solid” and “100 percent.” “My sourcing on this goes beyond the two on the record,” he stated. “It’s 100 percent. I am the individual who confirmed and verified that it I am telling you our sourcing
< Clips, Media, Politics, Anthony Cormier, BuzzFeed News, CNN, Donald Trump, Michael Cohen, New Day >
- The Guardian 17:49January 18, 2019Democrats vow to investigate report Trump directed Cohen to lie to CongressMueller’s investigators learned Trump told his former fixer to lie to Congress about Trump Tower Moscow project, BuzzFeed reportsFollow the latest in US politics – liveDemocrats have vowed to investigate a report that Donald Trump personally directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about an effort to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, which could leave the president open to accusations of suborning perjury and obstruction of justice. Related: Michael Cohen to testify publicly before Congress in February Continue reading...
< Michael Cohen, Donald Trump, Democrats, Trump-Russia investigation, Robert Mueller, US news >
- Breitbart News 17:09January 18, 2019BuzzFeed: Trump Ordered Michael Cohen to Lie to Congress About Russia Business PlansBuzzFeed, citing two anonymous federal law enforcement officials, alleges in a Thursday report that President Donald Trump directed his personal lawyer Michael Cohen to make false statements to Congress regarding a proposal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
< Politics, 2016 election, Adam Schiff, Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, Michael Cohen, Robert Mueller, trump tower moscow, Vladimir Putin >
- New York Magazine 17:09January 18, 2019Trump Ordered Michael Cohen to Perjure Himself. It’s Even Worse Than It Sounds.Five reasons why the BuzzFeed bombshell contains deadly fallout.
< politics, the national interest, top story, donald trump, michael cohen, russia investigation, robert mueller >
- The Guardian 16:56January 18, 2019Trump reportedly directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about Moscow project – livePresident directed former lawyer to lie about negotiations to build a Trump Tower, BuzzFeed reports, as shutdown enters day 28Start your day with our US morning briefing. Sign up 1.43pm GMT Good morning. The Guardian US team plans to take you through what promises to be another action-packed day in American politics. There’s no sense of TGIF when Donald Trump’s in the White House. The president is apparently in a “whole new type of trouble” today after BuzzFeed broke an explosive story reporting that he directed ex-fixer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. Continue reading...
< US politics, Michael Cohen, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nancy Pelosi, US news, Trump administration >
- Huffington Post UK 13:40January 18, 2019Kim Jong-un's Top Aide Arrives In US For Meeting With Secretary of State
< uk news, International News, Donald Trump, Politics and Government, North Korea, Kim Jong Un, Nuclear weapon, Mike Pompeo, nuclear disarmament, United States Secretary of State, Kim Yong-chol, news, international-news, donald-trump, politics-and-government, north-korea, kim-jong-un, nuclear-weapon, mike-pompeo, nuclear-disarmament, united-states-secretary-of-state, kim-yong-chol, NEWS >
- Breitbart News 09:03January 18, 2019College Grads Launch Protest Against H-1B Middle-Class OutsourcingAn expanding group of American professionals is building support for a January 26 protest against the outsourcing of middle-class jobs via the H-1B visa program.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Donald Trump, H-1B, L-1, OPT, visa workers >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00January 18, 2019We Won't Get A 'Meaningful Vote' On A UK-US Trade Deal – Here's Why That Matters
< brexit, theresa may, Donald Trump, theresa-may, donald-trump, POLITICS, politics >
- New York Magazine 08:36January 18, 2019Trump Reportedly Told Cohen to Lie to Congress About Trump Tower MoscowAccording to BuzzFeed News, Trump told Michael Cohen to lie to Congress, and wanted to set up a meeting with Vladimir Putin during the campaign.
< russia investigation, michael cohen, donald trump, vladimir putin, trump tower moscow >
- New York Magazine 07:15January 18, 2019Report: Trump Is Still Learning About His Own Decisions Through the TVTrump reportedly learned about the friendship between Robert Mueller and his Attorney General nominee William Barr by watching him testify on TV.
< donald trump, robert mueller, william barr, politics >
- Breitbart News 06:19January 18, 2019Exclusive– Angel Mom: Unlike Federal Workers, Corporate America 'Gave Me Nothing' When Illegal Killed My SonAngel Mom Agnes Gibboney is blasting the hypocrisy of U.S. corporations who have vowed to help furloughed federal workers during the government shutdown, saying she "never" received an ounce of help when her son was murdered by an illegal alien.
< Immigration, Politics, Radio, Angel families, Angel Moms, Border Wall, Chuck Schumer, Crime, Donald Trump, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, Nancy Pelosi, SiriusXM, Southern Border, the wall >
- Breitbart News 05:49January 18, 2019Rand: 'There Should Be Some Compromises' on Amount of Wall Funding - I Don't Want 'Unlimited Funding'On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) stated that he supports a wall, but not “unlimited funding” for one, and “there should be some compromises” on how much is spent on a border wall. Rand said, “I do think it’s important that we try to open the government. And the only way I see a way forward is for a compromise between Speaker Pelosi and the president. And you can’t have a whole lot of compromise if she’s not in town to have conversations. The last conversation they had, she said she wasn’t going to compromise at all, that she was offering zero. And so, I really still think the answer is somewhere in the middle. I think they could split the difference.” He added, “I remain one who’s for a wall, but not for unlimited funding for a wall. So, I actually think there should be some compromises on how much is spent.” Rand also weighed in on the prospects of President Trump declaring an emergency by stating, “I don’t think that’s the best way to run government either.” Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, government shutdown, Nancy Pelosi, Rand Paul >
- Breitbart News 04:53January 18, 2019Trump Greeted at Pentagon with Standing Ovation, MAGA HatAn attendee at President Donald Trump's speech in the Pentagon on Thursday began waving what looked like a red Make America Great Again hat when the president walked onstage, in an apparent show of support for the president.
< Politics, Donald Trump, military, missile defense review, Missile-Defense, Pentagon, troops >
- Breitbart News 04:30January 18, 2019Leftist Media Spins Negative Polling for Trump in 2020, Buries Good StatsA PBS NewsHour, National Public Radio (NPR), and Marist poll reveals more of the political divide and media spin President Donald Trump has faced since his inauguration in 2017.
< Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Donald Trump, polls >
- New York Magazine 04:02January 18, 2019In New Op-ed, McConnell Attacks Campaign Finance Reform and Voting RightsMcConnell jokes – and lies – his way through a Trump-friendly review of Democratic ethics and voting reforms.
< politics, mitch mcconnell, h.r. 1, campaign finance reform, voting rights, federal election commission, citizens united, ballot harvesting, california, automatic voter registration, early voting, election day holiday, donald trump, trump tax returns >
- Snopes 03:25January 18, 2019Can Federal Government Workers Be Fired After 30 Days of Shutdown?The law varies depending on the type of shutdown.
< border wall, donald trump, federal government shutdown, trump administation >
- Breitbart News 03:20January 18, 2019Lindsey Graham: Trump Cancelling Pelosi Overseas Trip 'Inappropriate'Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released a statement on Thursday, suggesting that President Donald Trump's cancellation of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) overseas trip was "inappropriate."
< Politics, Donald Trump, government shutdown, Lindsey Graham, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 03:16January 18, 2019Poll Shows Lopsided Support for Border Fence in 'High-Crime Areas'U.S. voters are evenly split on the merits of building the President's border wall -- but they strongly support "building a fence in high crime areas along the U.S.-Mexico border," says a new poll.
< Crime, Immigration, Politics, Border Wall, Donald Trump, Migrant, migration, poll >
- Business Insider 03:09January 18, 2019White House cancels US delegation trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos hours after throwing wrench into congressional trip to AfghanistanREUTERS/Carlos Barria President Donald Trump on Thursday canceled the US delegation's annual trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, "out of consideration" for the furloughed federal employees amid the ongoing partial government shutdown.
Trump attended the forum in 2018 but was expected to send a delegation of senior US officials this year.
The decision follows Trump's move to cancel a military flight that was set to transport House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other congress members to Afghanistan. President Donald Trump on Thursday canceled the US delegation's annual trip to the World Economic Forum "out of consideration" for the furloughed federal employees amid the ongoing partial government shutdown.
"Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure his team can assist as needed, President Trump has canceled his Delegation's trip to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: MSNBC host Chris Hayes thinks President Trump's stance on China is 'not at all crazy'See Also:Trump sends Capitol Hill into chaos after canceling congressional trip to AfghanistanTrump responds to Pelosi by canceling her foreign travel after she asks him to postpone his State of the UnionPelosi backtracks on the reasoning for her letter asking Trump to delay State of the UnionSEE ALSO: Trump could end up taking money from Puerto Rico disaster funds to build his border wall
< Donald Trump, White House, Government Shutdown 2019, Nancy Pelosi, Davos 2019, World Economic Forum, >
- New York Magazine 02:09January 18, 2019Trump May Try to Kill Medicaid As We Know It by Executive FiatHaving failed for decades to pass legislation ending Medicaid as an entitlement program, Republicans may now try to get there by state waivers.
< politics, medicaid, block grants, donald trump, seema verma, ronald reagan, newt gingrich, george w. bush, paul ryan, obamacare repeal, state waivers, work requirements, health care, 2018 midterms >
- Breitbart News 02:08January 18, 2019John Heilemann: Trump Is 'Tactically Inept, Strategically Nitwitted'Thursday on MSNBC’s “Deadline,” network political analyst John Heilemann described President Donald Trump as being “tactically inept” and “strategically nitwitted” by canceling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) upcoming international travel. Heilemann said, “Tactically though, and strategically, this is a political thing, right? So tactically, what Trump has done today is tactically inept, strategically nitwitted in the following way: as a tactic, Nancy Pelosi will now stand up and say, so you barely have been abroad ever to visit the troops. You barely have ever set foot in a war zone and did it once and you moaned and whined about it when you went. You’re essentially saying to me you will take out your personal problem on me in my effort to try to learn more about the world and get to visit some troops. This makes Trump look bad at a tactical level.” He added, “The strategic level, what’s the point here, right? Pelosi’s thing was brilliant for the following reasons—it’s a way to force Trump to end the shutdown. Dude, if you keep the government shut down, this is not a secure event. I’m putting pressure on you to give you what I want, which is the government
< Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, John Heilemann, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 01:53January 18, 2019Hoyer: Cancelling Pelosi's Trip 'Petty, Mean-Spirited'While speaking to reporters on Thursday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) criticized President Trump’s denial of military aircraft for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) foreign trip as “petty, mean-spirited, and beneath any president of the United States to take.” Hoyer said, “I think the actions of the president were petty, mean-spirited, and beneath any president of the United States to take. After all, Nancy Pelosi is the third in line to be president of the United States under our statutes. And doing this small, petty act is, unfortunately, all too regular for this president.” (h/t Grabien) Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
< Clips, Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer >
- Breitbart News 01:30January 18, 2019Mark Warner Suggests Trump Broke Law by Revealing Pelosi's Afghanistan VisitSen. Mark Warner (D-VA) accused President Donald Trump of breaking the law by revealing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) scheduled visit to Afganistan in canceling House Democrats’ seven-day foreign trip as the White House of congressional leaders remain at odds over the partial government. “I don’t understand if Mr. Trump understands the laws and procedures in our country,” Warner told CBS capitol hill reporter Alan He when asked about the trip’s cancelation. “I don’t know what Speaker Pelosi is doing, not doing. Sometimes members take trips into dangerous areas, and only announced after the fact.” “I have been to Afganistan on multiple occasions,” Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) chimed in, claiming that none of his trips had ever been announced in advance. “That never, never happens. Never.” “For the president to try to a) announce in advance, which created a security challenge for her, and b) try to hobble her going by telling the speaker that the speaker can’t use MilAir, this guy is so unbelievably petty,” he added. Asked Sen. Warner & Kaine about Trump revealing Pelosi's CODEL to Afghanistan. Both were stunned. KAINE: “I have been to Afghanistan on multiple occasions. It has never been announced that I’m going to
< Politics, Afghanistan, Donald Trump, Mark Warner, Nancy Pelosi, Tim Kaine >
- Breitbart News 01:21January 18, 2019Schiff: Trump Is Acting Like 'He's in the Fifth Grade'Thursday, House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) called President Donald Trump “a fifth grader” for canceling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) upcoming international travel in response to her proposal to postpone the State of the Union address until the government is reopened. Schiff said, “Well, look, I can’t say what the president’s motivation is here, whether this is related to his disappointment that the State of the Union—at the time when the government is closed, doesn’t make much sense. I can say that all too often in the last few years the president has acted like he’s in the fifth grade. And to have someone who has that running the country is an enormous problem at every level. We see it now. We’ve seen it over the last two years, and my guess is we will see it in the future. But regardless of what the president’s motivation is for this, the one thing here is—we will not let the president of the United States tell the Congress you can’t do your oversight. That appears what’s going on here. And we are a coequal branch of government. It may not have been that way over the last two
< Clips, Politics, Adam Schiff, Border Wall, Donald Trump, government shutdown, Nancy Pelosi >
- Snopes 00:48January 18, 2019Trump Denies Pelosi Aircraft for Trip AbroadThe nation's two most powerful leaders appeared to be engaged in a game of constitutional one-upmanship.
< government shutdown, president donald trump >
- The Guardian 00:15January 18, 2019Trump intensifies feud with Pelosi by calling off her trip abroadPresident denied speaker the use of a military aircraft to visit US troops day after she suggested he postpone State of the UnionFollow the latest in US politics news – liveDonald Trump on Thursday dramatically escalated his feud with House speaker Nancy Pelosi amid the US government shutdown, stating he was canceling her previously undisclosed trip abroad and denying her the use of a military aircraft to visit American troops in Afghanistan. Related: Rudy Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion' by Trump campaign Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, US politics, US news >
- Breitbart News 00:05January 18, 2019PHOTOS: Democrats Stuck on Bus After Donald Trump Cancels Foreign TripConfused Democrat lawmakers were left sitting idle on a military bus near the Capitol after President Donald Trump postponed their seven-day foreign trip as the partial government shutdown continues.
< Politics, Afghanistan, Border Wall, Brussels, Donald Trump, Egypt, government shutdown, Nancy Pelosi, State of the Union Address >
- Breitbart News 23:02January 17, 2019CNN’s Acosta: ‘Childish’ Trump Canceled Pelosi’s International Trip During Shutdown Thursday on CNN’s “Newsroom,” network chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta called President Donald Trump “childish” for canceling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) upcoming international travel in response to her proposal to postpone the State of the Union address until the government is reopened. Acosta said, “Well, our nation’s capital has become a playground, Brooke. The president has responded in sort of a childish way, is the only way to describe it, to the House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, to her letter essentially saying that the State of the Union will be postponed or she asked that it be submitted in writing if the government is still shut down.” He continued, “This is the letter from the president. The Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, I guess in lieu of having actual briefings here, just tweeted this out, ‘Madam Speaker, due to the shutdown, I’m sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule the seven-day excursion when the shutdown is over in light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay. I’m sure you would agree postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate.'” He added, “It goes on to talk about
< Clips, Media, Politics, Border Wall, Donald Trump, government shutdown, Jim Acosta, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 22:33January 17, 2019Trump Denies Private Jet for Nancy Pelosi's Foreign Trip During ShutdownPresident Donald Trump sent a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday, demanding that she cancel her upcoming trip to Europe and the Middle East.
< Politics, Brussels, Donald Trump, Egypt, government shutdown, Nancy Pelosi, Washington >
- Breitbart News 21:57January 17, 2019Donald Trump: 'Open Borders Fringe' Nancy Pelosi Will Not Let Democrats Negotiate"While many Democrats in the House and Senate would like to make a deal, Speaker Pelosi will not let them negotiate," Trump said. "The party has been hijacked by the open borders fringe within the party, the radical left becoming the radical Democrats."
< Politics, border, Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, Pentagon, security, wall >
- New York Magazine 21:40January 17, 2019The Government Shutdown Is Exposing the Stupidity of Government ShutdownsThe rules governing which parts of the government stay open are, to use a technical term, “not smart.”
< politics, government shutdown, donald trump, furloughs, government contractors, essential employees, irs, department of agriculture, treasury department, interior department, mandatory spending >
- The Guardian 21:34January 17, 2019US plans missile defence expansion to resist North Korea's 'extraordinary threat'Trump unveils plans in Pentagon review that calls for a large-scale expansion of existing and sea-based systemsDonald Trump has announced plans for the biggest expansion in US missile defence since the Reagan-era Star Wars project, in a policy review that singles out North Korea as an “extraordinary threat” seven months after the president claimed that threat had been eliminated by his diplomacy.In the Pentagon’s missile defence review, which Trump unveiled on Thursday, his administration has called for a large-scale expansion of existing and sea-based systems, much of it designed to guard against a missile attack from North Korea. Continue reading...
< US defence spending, US foreign policy, US military, Donald Trump, US news, North Korea, World news, Asia Pacific >