- Business Insider 00:34January 28, 2021California Uber drivers score a win after court partially allows class-action lawsuit for pre-Prop 22 paymentsThe ruling lets 4,800 drivers sue Uber over expenses and pay statements, but they must sue individually over pay amounts, overtime, and sick leave.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Uber, Class action lawsuits, prop 22, AB5, Ride-hailing drivers, Gig economy >
- Business Insider 00:22January 28, 2021Biden economic advisor pushes back against restricting eligibility for stimulus checksSome in Congress are debating whether to restrict eligibility for stimulus payments to lower-income Americans.
< Politics, Markets, Economy, Joe Biden, Economy & Markets, Stimulus checks, Direct payments, Congress, Coronavirus relief, Democrats, Republicans, Economy >
- Business Insider 23:44January 27, 2021How Democrats could provide up to $300 monthly direct payments for familiesAn early draft of the plan would put the IRS in charge of sending payments each month for families with children, similar to stimulus checks.
< Politics, Markets, Joe Biden, Coronavirus relief, stimulus check, Direct payments, stimulus plan, Democrats, Congress, Republicans, White House, Child tax credit, Economy, Poverty, Taxes, Tax Season >
- New York Magazine 23:40January 27, 2021How Redditors Beat Hedge Funds At Their Own Game(Stop)Get rich or lol trying.
< wall street, finance, business, the economy, gamestop, stonks >
- Business Insider 22:54January 27, 2021Sec. of Energy nominee says she is 'obsessed' with creating climate-focused jobsSec. of Energy nominee Jennifer Granholm expressed support for President Joe Biden's goal to create jobs through climate action.
< Economy, Jennifer Granholm, Biden, Economy, Jobs, Climate Change, climate crisis, Unemployment, Politics >
- Breitbart News 22:33January 27, 2021Andrew Cuomo Lifts Some New York RestrictionsNew York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) on Wednesday lifted coronavirus restrictions across most of the state, becoming the latest governor to ease rules aimed at combating the spread of the deadly illness.
< Economy, Politics, Science, Andrew Cuomo, coronavirus, New York >
- Business Insider 21:00January 27, 2021Trump left Biden $1 billion to spend on healthcare enrollment efforts, new report findsFormer President Donald Trump significantly reduced spending for enrollment efforts in the Affordable Care Act, leaving $1 billion in leftover funds.
< Economy, Biden, Trump, Affordable Care Act, Healthcare, Politics, Economy, Medicaid >
- Business Insider 19:34January 27, 2021Biden’s upcoming executive action will focus on job creation through climate action, and the order has big support from CEOs and climate groupsPresident Joe Biden's executive order on climate change has received support from CEOs like Jeff Bezos for its focus on job creation.
< Economy, Biden, Jeff Bezos, Climate Change, Unemployment, Jobs, Labor, Economy, Politics, climate crisis >
- Breitbart News 18:49January 27, 2021Dem Rep. Clark: More Money Needed in Next COVID Bill to Help Women with 'Pay Equity'Wednesday on CNN's "New Day," Rep. Katherine Clark (D-MA) voiced her support for more money in the next COVID-19 relief bill to help women with "pay equity" and "paid family leave."
< Clips, Economy, Politics, CNN, coronavirus, Katherine Clark, New Day >
- Breitbart News 16:50January 27, 2021Delingpole: 'Trussst Usss! We're Not Evil' Claims Davos WEF Great Reset Promo VideoThe World Economic Forum wants you to know that there is nothing sinister about its masterplan -- The Great Reset -- for a New World Order.
< Economy, London / Europe, Politics, Davos, Great Reset, Klaus Schwab, new world order, The Great Reset, World Economic Forum >
- Breitbart News 16:34January 27, 2021Joe Biden to Ban New Fracking Leases on Federal Lands Despite Promise Not ToPresident Joe Biden will announce a ban on new oil and gas leases on federal lands and waters on Wednesday, according to several reports.
< Economy, Politics, debate, Donald Trump, Energy, fracking, Joe Biden, Pennsylvania >
- Business Insider 15:37January 27, 2021Biden's plan for a $15 minimum wage could mean 1 in 5 Americans earn more. Nearly a third of Black workers would get a raise, research suggests.Black or Latina woman would account for one in four people who could benefit from the minimum wage increase, the Economic Policy Institute found.
< Economy, Minimum Wage, Joe Biden, Federal Minimum Wage, $15 Minimum Wage, Pay rise, Essential Workers >
- Business Insider 15:09January 27, 2021Only 1 in 10 companies expect all their staff to return to the office when the pandemic dies down, a new report suggestsAbout half of firms plan to extend their stay-at-home policies in the second half of 2021, the National Association for Business Economics said.
< Economy, Business, Company, work from home, WFH, stay at home order, NABE, Economics, Survey, Employers, Employees >
- Breitbart News 14:00January 27, 2021Joe Biden Kills Office Protecting Job Rights of U.S. GraduatesThe Biden administration is eliminating an office that was recently created to protect many millions of American graduates -- including Biden's young voters -- from government-fueled corporate discrimination in hiring, pay, and workplace rights.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, CPT, FWD.us, Green Card Workforce, H-1B, Joe Biden, OPT, visa workers >
- Breitbart News 04:37January 27, 2021GOP Sens. Mitt Romney, Rob Portman OK Joe Biden's Amnesty ChiefGOP Sens. Mitt Romney and Rob Portman joined with five Democrats Tuesday to allow President Joe Biden's amnesty chief to get an up-or-down confirmation vote on the Senate floor.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, Amnesty, Border Wall, eb-5, forced demographic changes, H-1B, OPT, visa worker >
- Business Insider 00:24January 27, 2021Democrats in Congress are preparing to go around Republicans to pass Biden's stimulus packageChuck Schumer said "time is of the essence" as Democrats eye reconciliation to move swiftly on a plan that includes a fresh round of stimulus checks.
< Politics, Markets, Policy, Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, Democrats, Congress, Republicans, Reconciliation, Stimulus checks, Federal unemployment benefits, Unemployment insurance, Joe Biden, Stimulus, Coronavirus relief, Economy >
- Business Insider 22:31January 26, 2021How Bernie Sanders hopes to make the $15 minimum wage a reality - whatever happens with Joe Biden's stimulus"This is not a radical idea. This is what the American people want," Sen. Bernie Sanders says. A new act would set a $15 minimum wage by 2025.
< Economy, Minimum Wage, Minimum wage increase, Bernie Sanders, bobby scott, budget reconciliation, Senate, Congress, Economy, Stimulus >
- Business Insider 20:56January 26, 2021Top Democrats introduce a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 by 2025, raising pay for 32 million AmericansTop Democrats introduced the Raise the Wage Act of 2021 on Tuesday, which would gradually raise the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2025.
< Economy, Minimum Wage, Bernie Sanders, Pramila Jayapal, Stephanie Murphy, bobby scott, Politics, Economy, Labor >
- Breitbart News 20:03January 26, 2021Flashback: Biden's DHS Nominee Tied to China, Visas-for-Sale Swamp ScandalPresident Joe Biden’s nominee to head the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) used his government job in 2011 to green-light a citizenship-for-sale swamp scheme that included top Democrats, Chinese investors, and $141 million.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, DHS, eb-5, GreenTech Automotive, Terry McAuliffe, USCIS >
- Business Insider 18:45January 26, 2021Raising the federal minimum wage through budget reconciliation would be 'a stretch,' House Budget Chairman saysHouse Budget Chairman John Yarmuth said that using budget reconciliation to raise federal minimum wage could face restrictions in the Senate.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Budget, Stimulus, Biden, Politics, Economy, Reconciliation, Minimum Wage, Minimum wage increase, Policy >
- Business Insider 17:04January 26, 2021Get ready for the return of inflationAfter a 30-year absence, inflation will finally make a return to the US economy as the country comes out of the COVID recession.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Markets, GDP, COVID relief, Recession, Inflation, Unemployment, Federal Reserve, BI Commentary, Opinion, Morgan Stanley >
- Breitbart News 16:30January 26, 2021Twitter Encourages Users to Snitch on Each Other with 'Birdwatch' FeatureSocial media giant Twitter has announced a new feature called "Birdwatch" which aims to encourage users to police and flag each other's tweets if they believe they spread misinformation. The company claims it wants to "broaden the range of voices" fighting against misinformation, but the feature has the potential to devolve into flagging wars between different factions of users.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Free Speech Online, Jack Dorsey, Masters of the Universe, Twitter >
- Business Insider 16:30January 26, 2021Billionaires made $3.9 trillion during the pandemic - enough to pay for everyone's vaccineThe increase in wealth of the 10 richest billionaires could pay for everyone worldwide to get the COVID-19 vaccine, per an Oxfam report on inequality.
< Economy, Billionaires, Inequality, Poverty, Wealth Tax, Wealth taxes, Wealth, Oxfam >
- Breitbart News 16:00January 26, 2021Bloomberg: Online Investing Forums Are Driving Stocks Like Gamestop 'to the Moon'In a recent article, Bloomberg outlines how the popular Reddit forum WallStreetBets, along with help from other online investing forums, successfully increased the value of retailer GameStop's share price by massive amounts.
< Economy, Tech, GameStop, Jim Cramer, Reddit, stock market >
- Business Insider 16:00January 26, 2021IMF says vaccines and fiscal stimulus to power US economy to 5.1% growth this year - the strongest since 1984The IMF has dramatically increased its projections for the US economy, saying vaccines and stimulus will power growth of 5.1% in 2021.
< Markets, US Economy and Markets, IMF, 2021 Market Outlook, Stimulus, Biden stimulus, Economy >
- Business Insider 14:00January 26, 2021American billionaires added $1.1 trillion in wealth during the pandemicElon Musk, the second-richest billionaire, saw a 628.5% increase in his wealth since March, while America's billionaire class welcomed 46 new members.
< Economy, Billionaires, Inequality, Wealth Tax, Wealth taxes, Billionaire, Biden administration, Biden tax plan, Madison Hoff, BI Graphics >
- Business Insider 12:19January 26, 2021UK unemployment hits highest level in 5 years, but government support limits pain during new COVID lockdownsUK unemployment touched its highest level in 5 years in the three months to November. But the government's furlough scheme has kept a lid on the pain.
< Economy, UK Economy, Pound, FTSE 100, UK Unemployment, Rishi Sunak, UK Business, Britain >
- Business Insider 02:24January 26, 2021The Senate confirms Janet Yellen as America's first female Treasury chiefYellen will play a critical role shepherding the Biden administration's stimulus package through Congress.
< Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Janet Yellen, Joe Biden, Treasury Department, Stimulus, Coronavirus relief, Direct payments, Federal unemployment benefits, Trump administration, Federal Reserve, Congress, Republicans, Democrats >
- Breitbart News 01:21January 26, 2021Bokhari: Biden Will Merge Big Tech Power with State PowerBreitbart News senior technology correspondent Allum Bokhari appeared on the Mark Levin Show on the Westwood One podcast network to discuss his book, DELETED: Big Tech's Battle to Erase the Trump Movement and Steal the Election.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Free Speech Online, Google, Joe Biden, Mark Levin, Masters of the Universe >
- Business Insider 22:46January 25, 20218 million Americans have fallen into poverty in recent months as government benefits lapse, a new study findsEconomists have found that eight million Americans have joined the poverty ranks as benefits from the first stimulus package are expiring.
< Economy, Biden, Poverty, Stimulus, Unemployment, Unemployment benefits, COVID, Economy, Politics >
- Business Insider 21:42January 25, 2021A 22-year-old CEO wants to educate Gen Z with an app he compares to the Duolingo of financial literacyBolun Li spoke to LinkedIn News in late January about his Zogo app, financial literacy, and how Gen Z is poised to disrupt the finance industry.
< Finance, gen z, Finance, BI Select, Arts & Culture, Economy, Tech, Investing, Wealth, Apps, Fintech >
- Breitbart News 21:24January 25, 2021Joe Biden Executive Order Could Have Taxpayers Fully Funding San Francisco Homeless HotelsPresident Biden signed an executive order on Thursday which could have American taxpayers covering 100 percent of the cost of "homeless hotels" in cities such as San Francisco through September.
< Economy, Health, Politics, California, coronavirus, Executive Order, homelessness, San Francisco >
- Business Insider 20:44January 25, 2021Bernie Sanders says Democrats will use reconciliation to pass Biden's $2 trillion stimulus package. Here is how that would work.Sen. Bernie Sanders says budget reconciliation is a viable method to pass President Joe Biden's stimulus package through a partisan Congress.
< Economy, Bernie Sanders, Biden, Stimulus, Reconciliation, Budget, Obama, Trump, Economy, Politics >
- Business Insider 20:36January 25, 2021How much money you need to make to live comfortably in every state in AmericaThe median necessary "living wage" across the entire US is $67,690. It might be time to leave New York, where the minimum living wage is $95,724.
< Personal Finance, Features, Arts & Culture, Housing, Travel, Destination, estate, Money, Wealth, BI Select, Housing Affordability, Housing Market, Economy, Personal Finance >
- Business Insider 20:02January 25, 2021Workers lost $3.7 trillion in earnings during the pandemic. Women and Gen Z saw the biggest losses.American workers saw the largest losses in earnings during the coronavirus pandemic, a 10.3% decline, per an International Labour Organization report.
< Economy, Unemployment, job loss, job losses, Earning, Recovery, k-shaped recovery, Inequality, Economy >
- Business Insider 18:32January 25, 2021Biden to sign off on $400 billion campaign pledge for federal agencies to buy American-made goodsPresident Joe Biden's "buy American" executive order will support federal spending on American-made goods.
< Economy, Biden, Economy, Politics, Executive Order, Buy American, Trade >
- Business Insider 18:01January 25, 2021A $15 minimum wage would barely hurt business and be life-changing for many workers"It would change my life a lot," McDonald's worker Gloria Machuca said. "Right now, I work all day and I rarely spend time with my family, my kids."
< Economy, Small Business, Minimum Wage, Minimum wage increase, Biden, Biden administration, Janet Yellen >
- Business Insider 16:58January 25, 2021The world's 1,000 richest people have already bounced back from COVID-19 wealth losses, but it could take more than a decade for the poorest to recover, Oxfam warnsThe top 10 billionaires, including Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk, have enough money combined to pay for everyone's COVID-19 vaccine, Oxfam said.
< Economy, COVID-19, Rich, Poor, Wealth, Poorest Countries, Oxfam, Pandemic, Healthcare, Health, Vaccine, covid and economy >
- Business Insider 15:53January 25, 2021Goldman Sachs warns a vaccine-resistant COVID-19 strain could cut US growth by more than a third in 2021Goldman Sachs is bullish about the US economy in 2021. But it said a vaccine-resistant COVID-19 strain could slash growth to 4% from 6.6%.
< Markets, Goldman Sachs, US Economy and Markets, coronavirus, COVID-19, 2021 Market Outlook, Economy >
- Breitbart News 12:48January 25, 2021Democrats Push Ahead with Three Alternative Amnesty StrategiesPresident Joe Biden's wish list amnesty bill is comatose on arrival, but Democrats are pushing ahead with three alternative amnesty strategies.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, Amnesty, James Lankford, Joe Biden, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney, Ron Johnson, Susan Collins, Thom Tillis >
- Business Insider 12:24January 25, 2021Global stocks edge higher at the start of a blockbuster earnings week as optimism over Biden's proposed $1.9 trillion stimulus package offsets virus worriesPresident Biden's administration is making attempts to garner bipartisan support for the proposed $1.9 trillion stimulus plan.
< Markets, Markets, Stocks, Markets and Economy, Earnings, Big Tech, Biden, Stimulus, coronavirus, COVID-19 >
- Breitbart News 02:26January 25, 2021Native American Tribe Calls Joe Biden's Drilling Freeze a 'Direct Attack' on SovereigntyA Native American tribe this week criticized the Biden administration's order halting agency approvals for oil, gas, and coal permitting on federal lands including tribal lands.
< Economy, Environment, Pre-Viral, Joe Biden, Native Americans, Oil, oil and gas, Utah >
- Business Insider 02:15January 25, 2021Bridgewater founder Ray Dalio says the US is on the 'brink of a terrible civil war' because of wealth gaps and political partisanshipDalio praised President Joe Biden's inauguration speech, saying it "is consistent with the direction history has shown the country needs to move in."
< Markets, Markets, Markets and Economy, coronaivrus pandemic, Politics, Bridgewater Associates, hedge fund, Debt >
- Breitbart News 01:57January 25, 2021Joe Biden to Mexico: We'll Cut Migration by Raising MigrationPresident Joe Biden told Mexico's president that the United States would reduce migration by raising migration, according to a White House statement.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, asylum, caravan, Joe Biden, Migrants >
- Breitbart News 20:27January 24, 2021Expert: Biden Actions Against American Oil, Gas Energy Production Could Kill as Many as 1 Million JobsFrank Macchiarola, senior vice president of Policy, Economics and Regulatory Affairs at the American Petroleum Institute (API), said in an interview on SiriusXM’s Breitbart News Saturday with host Matt Boyle that if President Joe Biden puts a permanent ban on oil and gas development on federal waters and land, it could cost 1 million American jobs.
< Economy, Environment, Radio, Canada, Deb Haaland, energy security, Federal Lands, Joe Biden, Keystone XL Pipeline, natural gas, New Mexico, Oil >
- Business Insider 19:46January 24, 2021Godiva will shutter all its shops in the United States and Canada by March as it struggles with a drop in salesThe Belgian chocolatier Godiva will close all its 128 locations in North America due to a drop in in-person shopping during the pandemic.
< Retail, News, Retail, Chocolate, Candy, covid and economy, COVID-19, Shopping >
- Breitbart News 18:58January 24, 2021'On the Table' - Pete Buttigieg Says Gasoline Tax Hike PossibleA hike in the tax on gasoline is one possible revenue burden facing American motorists, President Joe Biden’s Secretary of Transportation nominee Pete Buttigieg told a Senate panel on Thursday.
< Economy, Politics, gasoline, Pete Buttigieg, Rick Scott, taxation >
- Breitbart News 17:10January 24, 2021New Mexico Voted for Biden; Now Regrets Oil, Gas SuspensionThe State of New Mexico voted for Joe Biden in November, sending its five electoral votes to the Democratic candidate. Yet today the state is alarmed by newly-inaugurated President Biden's 60-day suspension of oil and gas leasing.
< 2020 Election, Economy, Politics, fracking, Joe Biden, New Mexico, oil and gas >
- Business Insider 17:04January 24, 2021Biden's proposed stimulus package includes paid leave and childcare support. These policies need to be permanent.Paid leave after having a baby and childcare infrastructure can no longer be overlooked - they are a crux of our economy.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Policy, Paid Leave, Childcare, Economy, COVID relief, Biden, Biden stimulus plan >
- Business Insider 16:47January 24, 2021Don't buy into fears that the Federal Reserve is about to make a sudden change to their support for the economyWorries about a sudden tightening or move towards interest rate increases by the Federal Reserve are unfounded based on Fedspeak and history.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Federal Reserve, Interest Rate, interest rate hike, Monetary Policy, BI Commentary, Opinion, Recession, Taper Tantrum, Ben Bernanke, Richard Clarida >