- The Guardian(UK) 23:17November 27, 2020Federal court rejects Trump election lawsuit in PennsylvaniaTrump’s legal team vows to appeal to supreme court after yet another defeat, as judge says claims ‘have no merit’Donald Trump’s legal team suffered yet another defeat in court Friday as a federal appeals court in Philadelphia roundly rejected the campaign’s latest effort to challenge the state’s election results.Trump’s lawyers vowed to appeal to the supreme court despite the Philadelphia judges’ assessment that the “campaign’s claims have no merit”. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Pennsylvania, US news, Trump administration, World news, Rudy Giuliani, US politics >
- The Guardian 14:00November 27, 2020How Trump is destroying the presidential transition processWhat does Biden lose from the president’s refusal to acknowledge defeat? Crucial time needed to fill positions and prevent serious national security risksHaving lost the election, as well as dozens of post-election challenges, Donald Trump’s ongoing refusal to admit defeat is still doing damage Joe Biden’s transition to power. Related: ‘Mini desk. Tiny hands. Small soul’: Trump mocked for giving speech at little table Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, Joe Biden, US news, US elections 2020, US politics >
- New York Times 13:00November 27, 2020Jailed, Exiled and Silenced: Smothering East Africa’s Political OppositionIn several countries, entrenched leaders are taking advantage of coronavirus restrictions and a world distracted by the pandemic to clamp down hard on prominent political opponents.
< Burundi, Tanzania, Djibouti, Africa, Ethiopia, Tigray (Ethiopia), Ahmed, Abiy, Ssentamu, Kyagulanyi (Bobi Wine), Elections, Uganda, Museveni, Yoweri, Ismail Omar Guelleh >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:16November 27, 2020Donald Trump says he will leave White House if electoral college votes for Joe BidenPresident’s comments are the closest he has come to admitting defeat in election and set stage for college vote on 14 December Donald Trump has said that he will leave the White House if the electoral college votes for Democratic president-elect Joe Biden in the closest the outgoing president has come to conceding defeat.Biden won the presidential election with 306 electoral college votes – many more than the 270 required – to Trump’s 232. Biden also leads Trump by more than 6 million in the popular vote tally. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US news, US elections 2020 >
- The Guardian 17:50November 26, 2020Biden wants to extend an olive branch to Republicans. He shouldn't | Joshua Craze and Ainsley LeSureBiden must choose whether to build a post-white America – or to placate the white supremacist project of the Republican partyShortly after Biden was declared president-elect, he announced that he would reach a hand across the aisle. “We must stop,” he said, “treating our opponents as enemies. We are not enemies. We are Americans.” This is the Biden playbook at work, honed through years of compromises made with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell: appealing to the Republican elite in office, while trying to appeal to moderate Republicans on the ground.Having stretched out its hand to the Republicans, the center of the Democratic party then turned to its real enemy – the left that it blames for its poor showing in the election. Virginia congresswoman Abigail Spanberger led the charge, contending that “no one should ever say ‘defund the police’ ever again”. Despite the fact that progressive candidates did well across the ticket, and Biden ran a campaign modelled on Hilary Clinton’s neoliberal program, centrist Democrats blamed the core demand of the Black Lives Matter movement for alienating moderates. In centrist Democrats’ telling, the problem is the left – and the answer is to reach out to that poor soul, the moderate Republican. Continue reading...
< Biden administration, Joe Biden, Republicans, Donald Trump, US elections 2020, US politics >
- Business Insider 15:12November 26, 2020Biden is reportedly considering Roger Ferguson, Gary Gensler, and former American Express CEO Kenneth Chenault for top economic policy positionsPresident-elect Joe Biden is set to announce picks for his economic team early next week, and sources told CNBC these three men are in the running.
< Politics, Elections, Kenneth Chenault, Roger Ferguson, Gary Gensler, Biden, Biden administration, Joe Biden, President-elect Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 00:43November 26, 2020Biden becomes the first presidential candidate in US history to win 80 million votes — and countingPresident-elect Joe Biden continues to shatter the record for total votes since Election Day, per Insider and Decision Desk HQ.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, 2020 Elections, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 21:51November 25, 2020INSIDER Poll: Half of Biden voters said they will not be mixing households this Thanksgiving compared to just 29% of Trump votersAdditionally, 26% of Biden voters said their Thanksgiving will mix three or more households, compared to the 43% of Trump voters who said as much.
< News, Politics, INSIDER Data, coronavirus, COVID-19, Thanksgiving, Elections, Pandemic >
- Huffington Post UK 13:47November 25, 2020Trump's 2018 Turkey Pardon Bizarrely Foreshadowed 2020 Election
< Donald Trump, elections, Turkey, Thanksgiving, Pardon, donald-trump, turkey, thanksgiving, pardon, NEWS, news >
- New York Magazine 19:01November 24, 2020Trump: I’ll Keep Charging Fraud Until Randy Quaid Is SatisfiedThe issue isn’t fraud; it’s the perception of fraud now.
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, 2020 elections >
- Business Insider 16:28November 24, 2020Republicans sold out democracy to appease Trump's loser tantrumThe GOP will admit Joe Biden won the election now that the General Services Administration started the transition, but the damage is already done.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, President Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Voter Fraud, Conspiracy Theories, 2020 election, 2020 Elections, Election 2020, GSA >
- The Guardian 06:08November 24, 2020Q&A: what does the General Services Administration's decision mean?The GSA has recognized Joe Biden as the apparent election winner, a key step in the transfer of powerThe US government’s General Services Administration on Monday ascertained Joe Biden is the apparent winner of the 2020 presidential election, allowing for the presidential transition to officially begin.Donald Trump on Monday tweeted he had directed his team to cooperate on the transition, but he vowed to continue fighting the election results. Continue reading...
< Biden administration, US elections 2020, US news, US politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Trump administration >
- The Guardian(UK) 03:08November 24, 2020Trump agrees to begin transition as key agency calls Biden 'apparent' election winnerPresident says he will continue to fight results as General Services Administration clears way for handoverThe General Services Administration has declared president-elect Joe Biden the “apparent” winner of the US election, clearing the way for the formal transition from Donald Trump’s administration to begin after weeks of delay.The GSA said on Monday that it had determined that Biden was the winner of the 3 November race after weeks of Trump refusing to concede and violating the traditions of the transition of power at the White House. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, US politics, US news, Trump administration, Biden administration >
- The Guardian 01:21November 24, 2020Michigan certifies Biden's victory despite Trump's efforts to undermine itBoard of state canvassers confirms 154,000-vote victory in 3-0 vote with one abstentionMichigan election officials on Monday certified Joe Biden’s 154,000-vote victory in the state amid president Donald Trump’s brazen attempts to subvert the results of the election.The board of state canvassers, which has two Republicans and two Democrats, confirmed the results on a 3-0 vote with one abstention. Allies of Trump and the losing Republican Senate candidate John James had urged the panel to delay voting for two weeks to audit votes in heavily Democratic Wayne county, home to Detroit. Continue reading...
< Michigan, Joe Biden, US news, US elections 2020, Donald Trump, US politics >
- Business Insider 17:12November 23, 2020Trump's closest business ally just admitted that the president lost the electionThe result of the 2020 election is "very certain," and Joe Biden is the president-elect, Blackstone CEO and Trump ally Stephen Schwarzman told Axios.
< Politics, Elections, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, President Donald Trump, President Trump, 2020 election, Election 2020, Biden, Stephen Schwarzman, Schwarzman, BlackRock >
- Huffington Post UK 15:48November 23, 2020Exclusive: Electoral Commission Urged To Probe Facebook Ads For Towns Fund
< uk news, Politics and Government, government, elections, Facebook, HuffPost, Targeted advertising, 2019 United Kingdom general election, news, politics-and-government, facebook, huffpost, targeted-advertising, 2019-united-kingdom-general-election, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 06:26November 23, 2020Trump campaign cuts ties with attorney Sidney Powell after bizarre election fraud claimsPowell has made a raft of incorrect claims, including that Georgia’s voting software was created at the behest of late Venezuelan president Hugo ChavezPerhaps Sidney Powell has gone too far even for Rudy Giuliani this time.The Trump campaign’s legal team has moved to distance itself from the firebrand conservative attorney after a tumultuous few days in which Powell made multiple incorrect statements about the election voting process, unspooled complex conspiracy theories and vowed to “blow up” Georgia with a “biblical” lawsuit. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Trump administration, US politics, US news, Rudy Giuliani >
- Business Insider 01:01November 23, 2020Young voters in the US turned out in record numbers in 2020, powering Biden's presidential victoryOne data set said 52% to 55% of eligible voters under the age of 30 cast ballots in 2020, up from roughly 42% to 44% of voters who voted in 2016.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Young Voters, Voting, 2020 Elections, Health Care, Student Loans, environmental regulations >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:21November 22, 2020Trump faces pressure from Republicans to drop 'corrosive' fight to overturn electionJohn Bolton: Trump is ‘throwing rocks through windows’ HR McMaster: Trump’s actions sowing doubt among electorateDonald Trump faced growing pressure from Republicans on Sunday to drop his chaotic, last-ditch fight to overturn the US presidential election, as victor Joe Biden prepared to start naming his cabinet and a Pennsylvania judge compared Trump’s legal case there to “Frankenstein’s monster”.Despite Republican leadership in Washington standing behind the president’s claims that the 3 November election was stolen from him by nationwide voter fraud, other prominent figures, including two of his former national security advisers, were blunt. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, US news, US politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 19:29November 22, 2020Republican Gov. Larry Hogan is 'embarrassed that more people in the party aren't speaking up' against Trump's refusal to concedeRepublicans need to "stop the nonsense," Maryland's Gov. Larry Hogan said on CNN, marking the latest Republican calling on the president to concede.
< Politics, Elections, Larry Hogan, Maryland, 2020 election, Joe Biden, Joe Biden 2020, President-elect Joe Biden, presidential election 2020, Donald Trump >
- The Guardian 19:57November 21, 2020Trump’s last-ditch efforts to overturn results fail to make dent in Biden victoryPresident’s desperate efforts include pleas to Republican state lawmakers as states certify election resultsDesperate efforts by Donald Trump and his Republican allies to overturn the result of the American election are facing an ever narrowing range of options as court cases and recounts have repeatedly failed to make any dent in the convincing victory of Democratic challenger Joe Biden.Now that states are certifying their election results, it appears that the president’s last-ditch efforts will entail desperate pleas to Republican state lawmakers in hopes that they will ignore their state laws and somehow skew the election to favor his re-election in the all-important electoral college. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US politics, US elections 2020, Joe Biden, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 16:28November 21, 2020Voter-fraud debunking journalist Isaac Saul talks about his viral election thread and why the conspiracy theories put poll workers in dangerIsaac Saul's viral Twitter thread debunks each Trumpworld fake voter fraud claim, one tweet at a time.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, 2020 election, 2020 Elections, Election 2020, Voter Fraud, Conspiracy Theories, debunking, recount >
- Guardian 12:00November 21, 2020Can American democracy survive Donald Trump?Lying, paranoia and conspiracy are defining features of a totalitarian society. What hope is there for a brand new era, in the aftermath of an administration that has relied on all three?“I WON THE ELECTION!” Donald Trump tweeted in the early hours of 16 November 2020, 10 days after he lost the election. At the same time, Atlantic magazine announced an interview with Barack Obama, in which he warns that the US is “entering into an epistemological crisis” – a crisis of knowing. “If we do not have the capacity to distinguish what’s true from what’s false,” Obama explains, “by definition our democracy doesn’t work.” I saw the two assertions juxtaposed on Twitter as I was finishing writing this essay, and together they demonstrate its proposition: that American democracy is facing not merely a crisis in trust, but in knowledge itself, largely because language has become increasingly untethered from reality, as we find ourselves in a swirling maelstrom of lies, disinformation, paranoia and conspiracy theories.The problem is exemplified by Trump’s utterance, which bears only the most tenuous relation to reality: Trump participated in an election, giving his declaration some contextual force, but he had not won the election, rendering the claim farcical to those who reject it. The capital letters make it even funnier, a failed tyrant trying to exert mastery through typography. But it stops being funny when we acknowledge that millions of people accept this lie as a decree. Their sheer volume creates a crisis in knowing, because truth-claims largely depend on consensual agreement. This is why the debates about the US’s alarming political situation have orbited so magnetically around language itself. For months, American political and historical commentators have disputed whether the Trump administration can be properly called “fascist”, whether in refusing to concede he is trying to effect a “coup”. Are these the right words to use to describe reality? Not knowing reflects a crisis of knowledge, which derives in part from a crisis in authority. Continue reading...
< Books, Politics books, Culture, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, George Orwell, US politics, US news, US elections 2020 >
- Snopes 03:51November 21, 2020Were Millions of Mail-in Ballots Wrongly Sent to People Who Didn’t Request Them?Some states automatically send mail-in ballots to all registered voters ... because they registered to vote.
< 2020 election, elections 2020, Voter Fraud Rumors >
- The Guardian 03:44November 21, 2020Trump makes futile last stand to overturn results as Georgia certifies Biden winPresident met with Michigan’s Republican leaders at White House in desperate bid to subvert democracy US politics – live updates Donald Trump was on Friday making a futile but dangerous last stand, without precedent in modern American history, to overturn the result of the presidential election so he can remain in power.Even as Joe Biden’s victory in the state of Georgia was confirmed, the president met with Republican leaders from Michigan at the White House in an increasingly desperate bid to subvert democracy after a series of courtroom defeats over allegations of voter fraud. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US elections 2020, US politics, Michigan, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 00:17November 21, 2020Trump got 81% of the evangelical vote in 2016, but that number dropped to 75% in 2020. Meet the evangelicals who rejected him.Pastor Doug Pagitt is hosting anti-Trump rallies in swing states to convince fellow evangelical Christians not to vote for Donald Trump.
< Politics, Video, Video, Business Insider Today, 2020 Elections, Evangelical Christians, Christianity, Donald Trump >
- New York Times 22:12November 20, 2020Bobi Wine, Uganda Opposition Leader, Released From JailTwo days after police took him into custody, presidential contender Bobi Wine resurfaced on Friday in court where he was charged with flouting coronavirus rules and released.
< Uganda, Kampala (Uganda), Museveni, Yoweri, Ssentamu, Kyagulanyi (Bobi Wine), Elections, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Demonstrations, Protests and Riots, Amuriat, Patrick Oboi >
- Huffington Post UK 19:18November 20, 2020Trump Lost The Election Weeks Ago. Here Are The Dangerous Things He's Done Since
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Donald Trump, us news, global news, Joe Biden, 2020 election, US Elections 2020, news, politics, donald-trump, us-news, global-news, joe-biden, 2020-election, us-elections-2020, NEWS, Politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:51November 20, 2020Trump targets Michigan as Biden remains winner in Georgia – live updatesPresident’s legal efforts against election result continue as US records highest every daily Covid case riseJoe Biden confirmed as Georgia winner after recountTrump’s election legal challenges: where do things stand?Biden: Trump is one of ‘most irresponsible presidents in American history’Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 12.51pm GMT Here’s the Washington Post today on the strategy that Joe Biden is pursuing while he waits for the transition period to the new Biden-Harris administration to become official.President-elect Joe Biden tried Thursday to minimize as an irresponsible distraction the ever-escalating attempts by President Trump and his allies to undermine or overturn the presidential election results.The decision reflected confidence among Biden’s advisers that Trump’s maneuverings — from pushing Michigan Republicans to block certification of the results to unfounded claims that US voting machine software had been tampered with by allies of the late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez — were little more than public spectacle aimed at satisfying Trump’s sense of grievance with no chance of overturning the vote. 12.46pm GMT The New York congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was among members of the ‘Squad’, a group of progressive Democrats, who spoke at a Sunrise Movement rally in Washington yesterday to push Joe Biden on tackling the climate emergency.AOC said they would urge Biden to ‘keep his promises’ to working families, women, minorities and climate activists as he fills his cabinet. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Coronavirus >
- Business Insider 10:01November 20, 2020Stacey Abrams kicked off the Verzuz rap battle between Jeezy and Gucci Mane by discussing voting rights and the Georgia US Senate raceThe 2018 Georgia Democratic gubernatorial nominee was a special guest at the popular music webcast, where she pushed for increased voter engagement.
< Politics, Life, Stacey Abrams, gucci mane, Jeezy, Rappers, Atlanta, Georgia, Senate Elections, Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, 2020 election, Voter Registration, Music >
- Breitbart News 07:25November 20, 2020About 73% Biden Vote Margin Gain in PA from Areas Given $18 Million by Zuckerberg-Funded 'Safe Elections' ProjectSeventy-three percent of Biden’s 126,649 vote margin gain in Pennsylvania came from the seven counties and one city in that received more than $18 million from the Mark Zuckerberg-funded Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL) “safe elections” project.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Center for Technology and Civic Life (CTCL), Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Mark Zuckerberg, Pennsylvania, Safe Elections Project >
- The Guardian 04:06November 20, 2020Joe Biden confirmed as Georgia winner after recountPresident-elect wins Georgia’s 16 electoral college votesBiden first Democrat to win there since Bill Clinton in 1996President-elect Joe Biden has been confirmed as the winner of Georgia, after the state conducted a hand recount.The first Democrat to take the state since Bill Clinton in 1996, Biden wins its 16 electoral college votes as part of a victory by 306-232. Continue reading...
< Georgia, US elections 2020, US politics, US news, World news >
- The Guardian 02:26November 20, 2020Biden condemns Trump as one of the 'most irresponsible presidents in American history'President-elect says Trump challenges against election result ‘incredibly damaging’ and sends ‘horrible message’ for AmericaPresident-elect Joe Biden has denounced Donald Trump as one of the “most irresponsible presidents in American history,” calling the incumbent president’s challenges against the results of the November election “incredibly damaging”. Related: Fauci urges vigilance during first White House coronavirus briefing in months - live Continue reading...
< Joe Biden, US elections 2020, Donald Trump, US news, US politics, World news >
- The Guardian 00:20November 20, 2020No time to dye: Rudy Giuliani channels My Cousin Vinny amid hair malfunctionTrump’s personal lawyer was trying to drum up interest in tales of election rigging – but viewers were drawn to the drama on his headOn 7 November, the day the presidential election was called for Joe Biden, former New York mayor turned Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani addressed the media at a landscaping company between a sex shop and a crematorium on Philadelphia’s industrial fringe. Continue reading...
< Rudy Giuliani, US elections 2020, US politics, US news >
- Breitbart News 21:00November 19, 2020Exclusive: Jim Banks Proposes Bill to Combat Voter Fraud, Restore Faith in ElectionsRep. Jim Banks (R-IN) introduced legislation on Thursday to combat voter fraud across the United States and restore faith in the American electoral system, Breitbart News has exclusively learned.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Jim Banks, On the Hill, Restoring Faith in Our Elections Act, voter fraud, Wiliam Barr >
- The Guardian 20:48November 19, 2020Donald Trump mounts all-out assault on election result in MichiganPresident calls county officials in attempt to derail Biden victoryPlans to fly Republican lawmakers to meet with him in DCDonald Trump has mounted an all-out assault on the election result in Michigan, reportedly planning to fly state lawmakers to meet with him in Washington and phoning county officials in an apparent attempt to derail the certification of Democrat Joe Biden’s 150,000-vote victory in the state.On Tuesday night, Trump placed phone calls to two Republican members of a county-level vote certification board the night before the pair tried to reverse their previous endorsement of a large chunk of the vote in Michigan. Continue reading...
< Michigan, US elections 2020, US news, US politics, Donald Trump, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 18:48November 19, 2020WATCH: From heads of state to mask makers, the world is celebrating Biden's victory over TrumpLeaders around the world are congratulating Biden and Harris on their win, even if Trump and GOP lawmakers won't acknowledge the victory.
< Politics, Video, Business Insider Today, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, 2020 Elections >
- Business Insider 17:02November 19, 2020The CEO of the Republican-leaning US Chamber of Commerce urges Trump to start the transition to Biden immediately 'for the sake of Americans' safety'Tom Donohue, CEO of the US Chamber of Commerce, has worked closely with Republican presidents in the past.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Chamber of Commerce, US Chamber of Commerce, US Chamber, Election 2020, 2020 election, Elections >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:36November 18, 2020'Pathetic' Trump denounced over Krebs firing as campaign presses for recountsSenior House Democrat says Trump ‘views truth as his enemy’Campaign seeks recounts and investigations in key statesDonald Trump was condemned by opponents on Wednesday for firing the senior official who disputed his baseless claims of election fraud, as the president pressed on with his increasingly desperate battle to overturn Joe Biden’s victory. Related: Biden to consult with frontline workers as US approaches 250,000 coronavirus deaths – live Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US elections 2020, US politics, US news, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden, World news >
- Business Insider 21:07November 18, 2020How the 2020 election results compare to 2016, in 9 maps and chartsExit polls and the electoral map show who propelled President-elect Joe Biden to victory in 2020 and who sent Donald Trump to the White House in 2016.
< Politics, News, Features, INSIDER Data, DDHQ, 2020 election, BI Graphics, Shayanne Gal, Elections, Exit Polls, Electoral College >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:57November 18, 2020Trump condemned for 'shameful' firing of Chris Krebs after he refuted voter fraud – liveTrump fires head of cybersecurity agencyPfizer to apply for authorization of vaccine ‘within days’Michigan certifiers back down after refusing to approve Biden winCan Trump stage a coup and stay in office?Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 1.54pm GMT NBC News this morning have this recap of some of the events in the last 24 hours, suggesting that “arguably the biggest political scandal we’ve ever seen in this country is playing right before our eyes”. They cite: 1.49pm GMT Lachlan Markay of the Daily Beast here deftly pointing out the knots Republicans are tying themselves up in at the moment while Donald Trump continues to contest his defeat.The Senate Conservatives Fund cleverly avoids saying in the first paragraph here that Donald Trump is the rightful winner, surely recognizing that that would effectively negate the plea in the following paragraph pic.twitter.com/qrIxASZrKy Continue reading...
< US news, World news, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Coronavirus, US elections 2020, US politics >
- Business Insider 14:47November 18, 2020GOP senators congratulated Kamala Harris on becoming vice president-elect on the Senate floor while continuing to deny Biden's win in publicCNN said that Sens. Tim Scott, James Lankford, Mike Rounds, and Ben Sasse all congratulated Harris, while video showed Lindsey Graham fist bumping her.
< Politics, Lindsey Graham, Kamala Harris, 2020 Elections, News UK, Senate >
- Business Insider 07:33November 18, 2020'Honored to serve. We did it right': Top cybersecurity official fired by Trump via Twitter respondsFormer CISA director Christopher Krebs defends CISA's election security work. Lawmakers praise his work after he was ousted by Trump on Tuesday.
< Politics, Military & Defense, Tech Insider, chris krebs, CISA, Elections 2020, Voting, Cybersecurity >
- The Guardian(UK) 04:03November 18, 2020Trump fires head of US cybersecurity agency that refuted voter fraud claimsTermination of Christopher Krebs comes amid removals of high-level officials seen as insufficiently loyal to the presidentDonald Trump has fired the director of the federal agency that vouched for the reliability of the 2020 election and who pushed back on the president’s baseless claims of voter fraud.Trump fired Christopher Krebs, who served as the director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (Cisa), in a tweet on Tuesday, saying Krebs “has been terminated” and that his recent statement defending the security of the election was “highly inaccurate”. Continue reading...
< Trump administration, US elections 2020, Donald Trump, US politics, US news >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:46November 18, 2020Philadelphia court deals blow to Trump campaign’s bid to overturn Biden winSupreme court justices ruled observers were not blocked from the counting and also reversed a decision allowing observers within 6ftPhiladelphia election officials did not improperly block Donald Trump’s campaign from observing the counting of mail-in ballots, the Pennsylvania supreme court ruled on Tuesday, a major blow to the president’s already flailing legal efforts. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Philadelphia, US news, Donald Trump, US politics, Pennsylvania, Law (US) >
- Coindesk 01:09November 18, 2020Cynthia Lummis, Wyoming’s Incoming Senator, Wants to Explain Bitcoin to CongressCynthia Lummis, who won an open U.S. Senate seat in Wyoming, wants to explain bitcoin's value to her new colleagues.
< People, News, US Senate, US Elections, Cynthia Lummis >
- Business Insider 23:53November 17, 2020The Biden administration will be hit with multiple crises from the get-goIn addition to COVID-19, racial inequality, and economic turmoil, Biden will also need to restructure the White House to address these issues.
< Politics, Elections, Joe Biden, Joe Biden 2020, Biden administration, 2020 election, presidential election 2020, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 23:40November 17, 2020Trump still hasn't conceded the election — here's how other presidential runner-ups have graciously bowed out in the pastConcession speeches are not required, but it has been a tradition for more than 100 years for the runner-up to publicly acknowledge their defeat.
< Politics, News, Video, Video, Business Insider Today, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, 2020 Elections, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Elections >
- The Guardian 21:39November 17, 2020Biden's first staff appointments include five women and four people of colorPresident-elect and Kamala Harris promised to build White House team that ‘looks like America’, to reflect shifting demographicsJoe Biden, the US president-elect, made another sharp break from Donald Trump on Tuesday by naming a White House senior staff that “looks like America”, including several women and people of colour. Related: Trump Pennsylvania court hearing due as Biden sharpens criticism of concession refusal – live updates Continue reading...
< Biden administration, Joe Biden, US politics, US news, US elections 2020, World news >
- Guardian 19:36November 17, 2020Twitter and Facebook CEOs testify before lawmakers in wake of election – liveJack Dorsey and Mark Zuckerberg grilled by Senate judiciary committee on allegations of anti-conservative bias and handling of electionFull story: Dorsey and Zuckerberg to testify before Congress 4.36pm GMT We are taking a quick recess before more questioning. I will leave this tweet here if you need a summary of this morning’s proceedings in the meantime. Hour and a half into this thing and it can be summarized by this: -D's: Here's a question that I will ask, but not follow up on-R's: Why did you put a label on my tweet 4.29pm GMT Republican Senator Mike Lee does a lot of disingenuous, nonsennsical questioning of Zuckerberg and Dorsey, seems to imply bias against conservatives, and says the only violence he has ever heard of on Facebook was carried out by “antifa”. Obviously this is not accurate, there have been multiple violent acts organized on Facebook by right wing individuals just this year including the murder of protestors in Kenosha, Wisconsin and the planned kidnapping of Michigan governor, which was orchestrated through a Facebook group. Continue reading...
< Facebook, Technology, US politics, Twitter, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, US Senate, Social networking, US elections 2020, US news, Internet, World news, Silicon Valley >