- Business Insider 00:45February 22, 2021Trump and Pence 'departed amicably' and 'they've spoken since' leaving office, former Pence chief of staff saysWhile Pence attended President Joe Biden's inauguration last month, Trump departed for his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida and skipped the ceremony.
< Politics, Mike Pence, Donald Trump, Presidency, Capitol Siege, Electoral College, 2024 election >
- Breitbart News 01:03February 17, 2021Left-Wing Nation Essay Calls for ‘Blue-State Secession’An article published on Wednesday in The Nation presents a thorough case for a “blue-state secession,” claiming it is “the only way to ensure democracy
< Media, Politics, blue states, Electoral College, ICE, secession, Supreme Court, the nation, White Supremacy >
- Business Insider 00:54February 1, 2021After Trump's election loss, Republicans across the US are racing to enact new voting restrictionsSwing states like Arizona and Wisconsin are home to some of the most dramatic election-related reforms that have surfaced since the 2020 election.
< Politics, Voting Rights, Elections, Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, mail-in ballots, absentee ballot, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Presidential election, Electoral College, Electoral vote, Voter Fraud >
- Business Insider 21:21January 30, 2021Charlotte Observer editorial board slams GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn as 'an embarrassment'The board didn't mince words with the 25-year-old congressman, calling him "an embarrassment to the institution, to his party, and to his state."
< Politics, Madison Cawthorn, Republican Party, Charlotte, North Carolina, Newspapers, Electoral College, House of Representatives >
- Business Insider 02:28January 25, 2021Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who sought to overturn Biden's win, admits that the election 'was not fraudulent' on CNNDuring a televised interview, CNN host Pamela Brown dismantles Cawthorn's longstanding claims of voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
< Politics, Madison Cawthorn, Electoral College, Voter Fraud, Republican Party, CNN, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, North Carolina >
- Business Insider 06:41January 21, 2021Corporate America is pausing its financial support for the 147 GOP lawmakers who challenged Biden's victory. Here are all the S&P 500 companies who gave them money - and then stopped.S&P 500 companies gave $23 million to Republicans who voted to overturn Electoral College results. See how much they gave and who's reversing course.
< Politics, News, Markets, Tech Insider, Retail, Advertising, Healthcare, Transportation, Finance, Media, Military & Defense, Strategy, Economy, Energy, Entertainment, Enterprise, Real Estate, s&p 500, Money in politics, PACs, Political Action Committee (PAC), Political Action Committees, Campaign Finance, FEC, Capitol Siege, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Electoral College, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Elections 2020, 2020 Elections, House, Senate, Congress, BI Graphics, Skye Gould >
- New York Magazine 16:00January 18, 2021How Close Did We Get to an Election Coup?At several moments, Trump’s efforts to overturn Joe Biden’s victory were scarily close to success. Fortunately, he was too incompetent to pull it off.
< politics, contested election, vision 2020, donald trump, capitol riot, joe biden, state legislatures, trump electors, mike pence, electoral count act of 1887, electoral college >
- Business Insider 01:34January 16, 2021GOP senator from Oklahoma apologizes to his Black constituents for casting doubt on the integrity of election results and sparking 'a firestorm of suspicion'"I deeply regret my blindness to that perception, and for that I am sorry," Sen. James Lankford said of voter fraud charges in majority Black areas.
< Politics, James Lankford, Senate, 2020 election, Oklahoma, Electoral College >
- Business Insider 22:21January 15, 2021Why Congress can't categorically reject and overturn presidential election results in the futureThere are only a few limited and extraordinary circumstances under which Congress can object to electors, an election lawyer told Insider.
< Politics, Congress, US House, Capitol Siege, analysis, Electoral College >
- Breitbart News 20:11January 13, 2021Jim Jordan Blasts 'Double Standards' of Democrats: They 'Objected to More States in 2017 than Republicans Did Last Week'Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) blasted what he called the double standard of his Democrat colleagues on the House floor on Wednesday, reminding Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA) that he stood as the "first objector" to the results during the same process in 2017.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Electoral College, impeachment, Jim Jordan, Jim McGovern >
- Breitbart News 19:25January 13, 2021Walt Disney Co. Suspends Contributions to Lawmakers Who Objected to Election CertificationWalt Disney Co. and the Motion Picture Association are falling in line with other organizations and suspending contributions to lawmakers who objected to certifying the electoral votes in at least one state on January 6.
< 2020 Election, Entertainment, Politics, Electoral College, Josh Hawley, Motion Picture Association of America, Ted Cruz, Walt Disney Co. >
- Business Insider 02:58January 11, 2021'I don't know how you can live with yourself': Joe Manchin slams Sens. Hawley and Cruz, who continued with election challenges after the Capitol riots"There's no way they cannot be complicit in this," Manchin said. "Especially after we came back here and after they saw what happened."
< Politics, Joe Manchin, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Electoral College, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Capitol Siege, senate republicans >
- Business Insider 00:17January 11, 2021Sen. Roy Blunt says 'it should be up to' Trump whether he resigns but he should 'finish the last 10 days of his presidency'Blunt didn't join his fellow Missourian, Sen. Josh Hawley, or Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, in challenging Arizona or Pennsylvania's Electoral College votes.
< Politics, Roy Blunt, Donald Trump, Capitol Siege, US Presidency, senate republicans, Electoral College >
- Business Insider 23:25January 10, 2021Trump has not reached out to Pence since the US Capitol riots on Jan. 6: reportNBC correspondent Hallie Jackson said that the lack of communication between the men "reflects ... how acrimonious [their relationship] has become."
< Politics, Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Electoral College, White House, US Presidency, Constitution, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 17:32January 10, 2021The GOP's dangerous political games lit the fire that is now burning down America's democracyRepublicans have been playing with fire - undermining democracy, appeasing Trump, spreading conspiracies. Now the blaze they lit is out of control.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Capitol Siege, BI Commentary, Opinion, Donald Trump, Electoral College, GOP, Republican Party >
- Business Insider 19:25January 9, 2021Man caught on camera carrying Pelosi's lectern during US Capitol riots arrested in FloridaAn acquaintance of Adam Christian Johnson contacted the FBI after recognizing the Florida man in the viral image, Tampa's WFLA reported.
< Politics, News, Nancy Pelosi, House of Representatives, Capitol Siege, Donald Trump, far-right extremism, Electoral College, Furniture >
- Business Insider 18:05January 9, 2021GOP Sen. Josh Hawley was isolated 'in a corner' of a secure room 'with no one talking to him or acknowledging him' during Capitol siege: WSJThe post-riot pushback will likely threaten Hawley's effectiveness in the Senate going forward, especially with growing calls for him to resign.
< Politics, News, Josh Hawley, Capitol Siege, Capitol Hill, Electoral College, senate republicans, 2020 Presidential Election >
- Breitbart News 02:59January 8, 2021Simon & Schuster Cancels Sen. Josh Hawley's Book over Electoral Vote ObjectionPublishing giant Simon & Schuster canceled U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley's (R-MO) book Thursday after he participated in a constitutional effort to challenge the 2020 election results.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Antifa, Big Tech, Electoral College, Josh Hawley, Regnery, Simon & Schuster, U.S. Senate >
- Breitbart News 01:57January 8, 2021Lindsey Graham: 'All Options on the Table' for 25th Amendment 'If Something Else Happens'Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) weighed in on invoking the 25th Amendment against President Donald Trump Thursday, saying he does not think it is "appropriate" at this point but did not rule it out for future incidents.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Pre-Viral, 25th Amendment, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Lindsey Graham, Mike Pence, votes >
- Business Insider 00:45January 8, 2021Former Sen. John Danforth calls supporting Josh Hawley's senate campaign 'the worst mistake I ever made in my life'Danforth, who represented Missouri in the Senate from 1976 to 1995, was a key advocate for Hawley challenging former Sen. Claire McCaskill in 2018.
< Politics, Josh Hawley, John Danforth, Electoral College, Presidential election, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Missouri >
- Business Insider 18:35January 7, 2021Trump's violent MAGA mob shows the Republican Party isn't worth saving. Disband it and start over.The coup attempt at the Capitol should make Republicans disassociate with anything tied to Trump, including the GOP itself.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, Capitol Siege, President Donald Trump, Republican Party, GOP, Electoral College, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 17:31January 7, 2021Extremists were able to lay siege to the US Capitol because America's law enforcement ignored warnings of right-wing extremism for yearsEverything that happened on Jan. 6 was planned in online forums. Law enforcement ignored the warnings of right-wing extremism as they have for years.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Military & Defense, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Right wing, Electoral College, Capitol Siege, Protests, extremism, Proud Boys, QAnon, Police, Law Enforcement, extremisim >
- Business Insider 10:50January 7, 2021Giuliani called a newly sworn in GOP senator to help him slow the certification of Biden's win, but accidentally left a rambling voicemail on the wrong politician's phoneIn the voicemail, Giuliani admits that President Trump is trying to buy more time to convince legislators to "pull their vote" from Biden's certification.
< Politics, Rudy Giuliani, Electoral College, Tommy Tuberville >
- Business Insider 07:13January 7, 2021Romney says that politicians who entertain Trump election challenges are 'complicit in an unprecedented attack against our democracy'"The best way we could show respect for the voters who were upset is by telling them the truth," Romney said. "That's the duty of leadership."
< Politics, Mitt Romney, Senate, Capitol Siege, Electoral College, Republican Party, Donald Trump, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 05:08January 7, 2021Following an outbreak of violence at the Capitol on Wednesday, some GOP lawmakers who planned to object to the Electoral College certification of the election now say they've changed their mindsSen. Steve Daines and Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers both issued statements saying they now plan to vote in favor of certifying electoral votes.
< Politics, Congress, Electoral College, Senate, Republican, Election 2020 >
- Business Insider 04:51January 7, 2021Sen. Tom Cotton says that Trump should 'repudiate mob violence' and tells Republicans who are challenging the election to 'withdraw those objections'"Today, insurrectionists occupied our Capitol," he said. "Those who attacked the Capitol today should face the full extent of federal law."
< Politics, Tom Cotton, Electoral College, Republican Party, Capitol Siege, Washington DC, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 04:30January 7, 2021Dystopian photo shows Trump rioters clashing with police in front of the US Capitol as night falls in DCThe US Capitol, a beacon of American government, became the scene of a dystopian nightmare, fueled by the grievances of President Donald Trump.
< Politics, Washington DC, capitol building, Donald Trump, Electoral College, dystopia, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 02:21January 7, 2021Senate aides rescued boxes containing 2020 electoral votes before evacuating Capitol. Without them, Congress might not be able to affirm Biden's win WednesdayIf the boxes containing the states' electoral votes had been left behind, Congress wouldn't be able to affirm Biden's win as quickly.
< Politics, Capitol Siege, Electoral College, Votes, Congress >
- Breitbart News 02:10January 7, 2021Tom Cotton on Protesters Overtaking Capitol: ‘Violence and Anarchy Are Unacceptable’Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) responded to the violence of protesters who entered the Capitol building, destroying property and causing chaos on the day a joint session of Congress was to certify the electoral college votes to make Joe Biden the 46th president of the United States.
< Law and Order, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Joe Biden, protests, Tom Cotton >
- Business Insider 01:56January 7, 2021'They need to be locking them up without question': Former DC police chief criticizes response to pro-Trump breach at Capitol"Anybody inside that building … ought to be face down in handcuffs right now," Ramsey said. "I don't know what they're doing in there."
< Politics, Washington DC, security breach, capitol building, Police Officers, capitol police, Donald Trump, Electoral College >
- Breitbart News 00:32January 7, 2021Joe Biden Demands Trump End Supporters' 'God Awful Display' on Capitol Hill"I call on President Trump to go on national television now to fulfill his oath and defend the Constitution and demand an end to this siege," Biden said during a speech in Wilmington, Deleware.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Capitol, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Joe Biden, Sedition >
- Business Insider 00:11January 7, 2021GOP Rep. Mike Gallagher, a former intelligence officer, says he hasn't seen anything like Washington DC riots since he was deployed to IraqGallagher blasted Trump and GOP lawmakers over attempts to overturn the election results, urging them "call it off" as rioters stormed the US Capitol.
< Politics, Election 2020, News, Military & Defense, Elections 2020, Electoral College, Donald Trump, Republicans, GOP, Riots, Protests, Washington DC, Trump, Mike Gallagher >
- Breitbart News 22:59January 6, 2021Donald Trump Tells Protesters to 'Stay Peaceful' After They Storm U.S. CapitolPresident Donald Trump urged his supporters to remain peaceful after they stormed the U.S. Capitol building Wednesday to protest the certification of the electoral college vote.
< 2020 Election, Law and Order, Politics, Capitol Hill, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Protesters, U.S. Capitol >
- Business Insider 22:52January 6, 2021Trump attacks Pence for not having the 'courage' to overturn the election as the president's supporters storm the Capitol"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution," Trump said.
< Politics, News, Mike Pence, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 22:51January 6, 2021'This is wrong and not who we are': Donald Trump Jr. tells pro-Trump supporters to 'be peaceful' as violence breaks out on Capitol Hill"Be peaceful and use your 1st Amendment rights, but don't start acting like the other side," the president's eldest son tweeted.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Washington DC, protests Washington DC, Republican Party, Electoral College, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Jr. >
- Breitbart News 22:40January 6, 2021U.S. Capitol Locked Down, Senate Gavels Out as Trump Supporters Breach BuildingThe U.S. Capitol is on lockdown after crowds of Trump supporters breached the building, breaking through barriers and clashing with police as lawmakers gather for a joint session of Congress to count and certify the electoral votes from the 2020 presidential election.
< 2020 Election, Law and Order, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, U.S. Capitol, Washington DC >
- Breitbart News 22:35January 6, 2021Watch: Protesters Break Into U.S. Capitol Building amid Electoral College VoteProtestors entered the United States Capitol building as the House and Senate are voting to certify the 2020 presidential election.
< 2020 Election, Law and Order, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, U.S. Capitol, Washington DC >
- Breitbart News 22:22January 6, 2021***Live Updates*** U.S. Capitol Descends into Chaos on Day of Electoral College CertificationThe U.S. Capitol has descended into chaos as Trump supporters clashed with police as they stormed barricades outside Congress, where lawmakers are convening to vote on the certification of the Electoral College of the 2020 presidential election. The Library of Congress has been evacuated amid violent classes.
< Law and Order, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, U.S. Congress, Washington DC >
- Breitbart News 21:49January 6, 2021Watch Live: Trump Supporters Breach U.S. Capitol BarriersThrongs of Trump supporters attending the mass protest in Washington, DC, are attempting to breach the U.S. Capitol as members of Congress gather to count and certify the Electoral College results.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, MAGA, Stop the Steal >
- Business Insider 21:41January 6, 2021'EVERYONE OUT, RIGHT NOW': Two buildings reportedly evacuated as Trump supporters try to storm US Capitol while Congress debates election challengesIncidents involving Trump supporters challenged the widely-accepted notion of a peaceful transfer of power.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Violence, Ballots, right wing extremism, Proud Boys, Antifa, Electoral College, Mike Pence, 2020 election >
- Breitbart News 21:15January 6, 2021Mike Pence Tells Congress He Will Not Reject Electoral College VotesVice President Mike Pence announced he would not try to decertify the electoral college votes for President-elect Joe Biden during Wednesday's joint session of Congress.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Joe Biden, Mike Pence >
- Business Insider 20:50January 6, 2021'Explosions of bullshit': Trump repeatedly lied to his supporters about the election in a raucous speech outside the White HouseTrump's speech was a masterclass in demagoguery, as he continued to claim that he won an election that he actually lost by more than 7 million votes.
< Politics, News, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats, Electoral College, Washington DC, Proud Boys >
- Business Insider 20:06January 6, 2021LIVE: Dozens of Republicans are set to challenge states' electoral votes in historic affront to democracyRepublican members of Congress are challenging slates of electors in a largely symbolic protest that won't change the outcome of the election.
< Politics, 2020 election, Live, Congress, Senate, Electoral College, Features, Donald Trump, GOP, Democrats, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 20:02January 6, 2021Trump supporters accost Mitt Romney on a plane and call him a 'traitor' for refusing to back the president's efforts to overturn the electionOne woman called Romney an "absolute joke," and a group of Trump supporters shouted that he was a "traitor" and called on him to resign.
< Politics, News, Mitt Romney, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Electoral College >
- Breitbart News 20:02January 6, 2021Report: Mitch McConnell Expected to Reject Objection to Electoral College VotesSenate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is expected to reject an objection to the Electoral College votes as both chambers gather to count the votes, Fox News reported on Wednesday.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Mike Pence, Mitch McConnell >
- Business Insider 17:03January 6, 2021Well, at least we know who the phoniest people in Washington are nowDozens of Republicans are using a procedural vote to cast more doubt on Joe Biden's presidential win. Consider it a litmus test for phoniness.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Electoral College, 2020 election, Democracy, Georgia, Voter Fraud, Brad Raffensperger, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 14:46January 6, 2021Microsoft employees slam the company for urging Congress to accept Biden's win while also donating to senators who want to overturn the election resultMicrosoft president Brad Smith said the company believes in "democratic principles," but employees publicly accused him of hypocrisy.
< Tech Insider, Microsoft, Brad Smith, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Electoral College >
- Breitbart News 05:51January 6, 2021Report: Vice President Mike Pence Does 'Not Believe' He Has 'Power to Block Congressional Certification'Vice President Mike Pence reportedly told President Trump Tuesday that he does not possess the power to block the certification of the election.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Mike Pence >
- Breitbart News 04:13January 6, 202188 State Legislators Ask VP Pence to Postpone 'Opening and Counting of the Electoral Votes for at Least 10 Days'Late Tuesday, 88 state legislators from five battleground states sent a letter to Vice President Mike Pence in which they asked him to postpone the opening and counting of Electoral College votes, currently scheduled to take place during Wednesday's joint session of Congress, "for at least 10 days."
< Politics, 117th Congress, Electoral College, Twelfth Amendment, Vice President Mike Pence >
- Breitbart News 23:48January 5, 2021GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe: Objecting to Election Certification 'a Violation of My Oath of Office'Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) said on Tuesday that he will not join the dozen-plus GOP senators who plan to object to the electors in disputed states on January 6, contending that such would "be a violation of my oath of office."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Electoral College, Jim Inhofe, Michael Waltz, Senate >