- Business Insider 13:09January 28, 2021A reporter was kicked out of Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene's town hall and threatened with arrest for asking a questionMeredith Aldis was trying to ask Greene about reports that said she expressed support for violence against prominent Democrats.
< Politics, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Georgia, Press freedom >
- Business Insider 00:45January 27, 2021Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene expressed support on social media for assassinating top DemocratsCNN reported that Greene posted and liked multiple Facebook comments calling for the execution of Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, and others.
< Politics, News, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Georgia, QAnon >
- Business Insider 20:23January 25, 2021DOJ watchdog opens investigation into whether department officials 'engaged in an improper attempt' to overturn the 2020 electionThe news comes after it was reported that Trump and a DOJ lawyer hatched a plan to try to throw out Georgia's election results.
< Politics, News, doj, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Georgia >
- New York Magazine 07:56January 23, 2021Trump Nearly Fired Acting Attorney General Days Before Capitol RiotThere was almost a Sunday night massacre at the Justice Department as Trump and a DOJ lawyer plotted to prevent Congress from certifying Biden’s win.
< politics, president trump, donald trump, contested election, department of justice, jeffrey rosen, jeffrey clark, georgia, 2020 election, capitol riot >
- Breitbart News 08:35January 22, 2021Americans for Life on Roe v. Wade Anniversary: ‘Truth Will Prevail over Horror of Abortion’Pro-life leaders throughout the nation will mark the 48th anniversary of Roe v. Wade Friday, vowing to end abortion with even greater resolve as the radical pro-abortion agenda of the Biden administration begins.
< Faith, Politics, Social Justice, Abortion, abortion lobby, Biden Administration, Family Research Council, Georgia, New Jersey, Planned Parenthood, Pro-Life Movement, Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 07:45January 22, 2021Exclusive — Republican Doug Collins Mulling Bid Against Democrat Raphael Warnock in GeorgiaFormer Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) is seriously considering running again for the U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2022, a source with knowledge of his plans told Breitbart News exclusively.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Brian Kemp, David Perdue, Donald Trump, Doug Collins, Georgia, Joe Biden, Jon Ossoff, Kamala Harris, Kelly Loeffler, On the Hill, Raphael Warnock, U.S. Senate >
- Breitbart News 23:07January 21, 2021Biden’s Executive Order on Transgender Rights ‘Unilaterally Eviscerates Women’s Sports’Just hours after being sworn in President Joe Biden signed an executive order giving sweeping “rights” to people based on "gender identity."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Sports, 2020 election, Abigail Shrier, Bostock v. Clayton County Georgia, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order, gender identity, human rights campaign, Joe Biden, sexual orientation, Transgender, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 00:51January 21, 2021Warnock and Ossoff are sworn into office, officially handing Democrats control of the Senate for the first time since 2015Warnock and Ossoff, the first Black and Jewish senators to represent Georgia, respectively, were sworn into office by Vice President Kamala Harris.
< Politics, Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Senate, Democratic Party, Georgia >
- Business Insider 16:30January 18, 2021Martin Luther King III on how Senator-elect Raphael Warnock comes from the 'King tradition'Raphael Warnock, soon to be Georgia's first Black senator, is a senior pastor at Ebenezer Baptist Church, where Martin Luther King Jr. once preached.
< Strategy, Georgia runoff, Raphael Warnock, Georgia, Martin Luther King Jr., Martin Luther King III, MLK Day >
- Business Insider 14:26January 16, 2021Georgia prosecutor seriously considering a criminal investigation into Trump's election interference, report saysThe inquiry would mainly focus on Trump's phone call with Brad Raffensperger, in which he asked the secretary of state to 'find' 11,780 votes.
< Politics, News, UK Weekend, News UK, Donald Trump, Raffensperger, Georgia, Georgia election, 2020 election, trump investigation, Fani Willis >
- Business Insider 19:15January 13, 2021The new Trump-appointed US Attorney in Georgia says he was surprised to find there wasn't any election fraudPresident Donald Trump appointed the prosecutor after he reportedly pressured his predecessor to resign over the lack of election fraud cases.
< News, Politics, Donald Trump, Georgia, Election Fraud, Voter Fraud, Bobby Christine, Brad Raffensperger >
- Business Insider 00:29January 13, 2021Warnock and Ossoff won historic Senate seats because of rapidly shifting demographics in key Georgia counties and clear promises of $2,000 stimulus checksA combination of new voters, the Black church, and a renewed stimulus effort all helped elect two Democratic senators from the Deep South.
< Politics, Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, Georgia, kelly loeffler, David Perdue, stimulus check, Senate Democrats, senate republicans, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Religion, Black voters, Population Growth, Demographics, Georgia runoffs >
- Business Insider 09:02January 11, 2021A top Georgia election official says Rudy Giuliani intentionally 'lied' about election fraud by presenting a deceptively edited video as evidenceGeorgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger also said Giuliani "knows that what he said was not true."
< Politics, 60 Minutes, Gabriel Sterling, Brad Raffensperger, Georgia, Election 2020, Election Fraud, Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani >
- Breitbart News 01:26January 11, 2021Warnock, Ossoff Boosted in Georgia After Decades of Mass ImmigrationDemocrats Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff received significant boosts in their challenges to Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) and David Perdue (R-GA) in Georgia's runoff elections this month after the state's foreign-born population ballooned over the last three decades.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, Georgia, Jon Ossoff, legal immigration, mass immigration, Raphael Warnock, Senate >
- Business Insider 07:37January 10, 2021The Trump administration told a Georgia federal prosecutor to resign because Trump was unhappy with his lack of election fraud investigationsA senior Justice Department official told him he needed to step down because he was not pursuing the voter-fraud allegations to Trump's satisfaction.
< Politics, Georgia, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Election Fraud >
- New York Magazine 07:01January 10, 2021White House Forced Out U.S. Attorney Amid Effort to Overturn Election in GeorgiaThe top federal prosecutor in Atlanta, Byung Pak, was reportedly told to resign because Trump was upset he didn’t help find voter fraud in Georgia.
< politics, georgia, byung pak, atlanta, department of justice, white house, president trump, contested election, voter fraud, impeachment >
- Business Insider 22:04January 9, 2021Trump reportedly asked a Georgia elections investigator to 'find the fraud' in the 2020 election in lengthy phone call in DecemberThe call, reported by the Washington Post, took place before Trump's hour-long call with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, Georgia, Brad Raffensperger, Election 2020 >
- New York Magazine 21:50January 9, 2021Trump Also Made Call to Pressure Georgia Election InvestigatorThe president called the state’s top elections investigator on December 23 and urged them to “find the fraud.”
< 2020 election, contested election, president trump, politics, georgia, brad raffensperger, early and often >
- Business Insider 20:06January 9, 2021I'm a poll worker in Georgia - here's what it was like working the election that helped Democrats regain control of the US SenateDenise LeGree, 58, says she was "shocked, really shocked" at the voter turnout for this year's historic Georgia runoff elections.
< Opinion, News, Nordic, Politics, Careers, Strategy, contributor 2019, Runoff, Georgia, Georgia election, Careers, Politics, poll worker, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:00January 9, 2021Here's what could happen to Section 230 - the internet law Donald Trump hates - now the Democrats have both HousesThe Section 230 internet law is still under threat, even though the Democrats have both Houses. Big Tech will be planning how it's going to fight it
< Tech Insider, Politics, Joe Biden, Georgia runoffs, Section 230, Donald Trump, Big Tech, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Weekend BI UK >
- Business Insider 16:30January 9, 2021Georgia's new Senator-elect Jon Ossoff is a millennial success storyThe first millennial senator, Jon Ossoff is also likely the first senator to tweet "n00b 4 lyfe" and follow dril - distinctively millennial traits.
< Politics, gen z, millennial, Millennials voters, Youth Voting, Youth Unemployment, Georgia, Jon Ossoff, Raphael Warnock, analysis, Wealth >
- Business Insider 01:51January 9, 2021The first week of 2021 was one of the darkest periods the US has seen since the Civil WarTrump telling election officials to "find" votes. Over 4,000 COVID-19 deaths in one day. An insurrection filled with hate groups that stormed Congress.
< Politics, News, 2021, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Georgia, COVID-19, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 17:45January 8, 2021Dow, S&P 500 add to records as weak jobs report boosts stimulus expectationsAmerican businesses shed 140,000 nonfarm payrolls last month in a weaker-than-expected jobs report. Bitcoin reached a new record high.
< Markets, stock market news, market wrap, stock wrap, Stock market news today, s&p 500, Dija, Dow Jones Industrial Average, President Elect, Joe Biden, Trump, capitol, Congress, Stimulus, Georgia Senate runoffs, Nasdaq Composite, wti crude oil price, Brent crude oil price, West Texas Intermediate oil price, Oil price, crude oil price, bitcoin price, Gold Price, Non-Farm Payrolls >
- Breitbart News 08:06January 8, 2021Cotton: Capitol Riot and GA Senate Loss 'The Result of Misleading Claims' on ElectionsOn Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said that some senators “were giving false hope to their supporters, misleading them into thinking that somehow yesterday’s actions in Congress could reverse the results
< Clips, Law and Order, Politics, Georgia, Tom Cotton, U.S. Capitol >
- Business Insider 00:22January 8, 2021FAANG stocks rebound after Democratic wins in Georgia shake Big TechFAANG stocks recovered on Thursday after Wednesday's news of a Democratic sweep in Georgia run-off elections sent shockwaves through the tech sector.
< Markets, FAANG, Big Tech, Washington, Tech stocks, Stock Market, Trading, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netlfix, Google, Georgia election, election >
- Business Insider 00:17January 8, 2021Dow, S&P 500 close at record highs on hopes for additional Democrat-backed stimulusSeveral Wall Street banks lifted market and US GDP forecasts on Thursday, citing the Democrat-controlled Senate as a boon for additional relief.
< Markets, stock market news, Stock market news today, market wrap, stock wrap, Stock market wrap, djia, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Dow Jones record, s&p 500, S&P 500 record close, Nasdaq Composite, Stimulus, coronavirus stimulus, Georgia Senate runoffs, crude oil price, Oil price, Gold Price, bitcoin record, bitcoin record high, bitcoin price, Bitcoin price today, wti crude oil price, West Texas Intermediate oil price, Brent crude oil price >
- Business Insider 18:00January 7, 2021The S&P 500 will climb 13% in 2021 - and these 3 sectors will see the biggest boost from a Democrat-controlled Congress, a global stock strategist saysAn additional $1 trillion of stimulus will be added to the economy as Democrats push for a large infrastructure bill, Jefferies estimates.
< Markets, s&p 500, stock sectors, Stocks to Buy, Stock Market Outlook, Stock Market Analysis, Jefferies, Sean Darby, stock strategist, Industrials, Materials, financials sector, sectors to buy, Georgia election, Democratic administration, Investing Outlook >
- Business Insider 17:37January 7, 2021Dow hovers near record high as investors cheer revived stimulus hopes and confirmation of Biden victoryA joint session of Congress confirmed Biden's win early Thursday morning, just hours after a violent mob stormed the Capitol.
< Markets, stock market news, market wrap, stock wrap, Stock market news today, s&p 500, djia, Dow Jones Industrial Average, President Elect, Joe Biden, Trump, capitol, Congress, Stimulus, Georgia Senate runoffs, Nasdaq Composite, wti crude oil price, Brent crude oil price, West Texas Intermediate oil price, Oil price, crude oil price, bitcoin price, US jobless claims, Jobless Claims, Gold Price, Initial Jobless claims, weekly jobless claims >
- Business Insider 16:45January 7, 2021As rioters stormed the Capitol, Trump was reportedly telling people he was glad Perdue and Loeffler lost their Georgia Senate seats, calling them not loyal enoughThe Republicans David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler lost their Senate runoff races this week, according to DDHQ, giving Democrats control of the Senate.
< Politics, News UK, Donald Trump, David Perdue, kelly loeffler, Georgia, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 16:22January 7, 2021Goldman Sachs is growing more bullish on the US economy and has raised its GDP forecast after Democrats took the SenateWith Democrats controlling the House and the Senate, Goldman sees more chances for fiscal stimulus and faster economic recovery, despite COVID-19
< Markets, Economy, Goldman Sachs, Senate, Georgia runoff election, Stimulus, Economic Forecast, GDP, GDP forecast, united states, COVID, Pandemic, Consumer spending, Unemployment >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:00January 7, 2021How Black voters lifted Georgia Democrats to Senate runoff victoriesHuge turnout – fueled by in large part by Stacey Abrams and LaTosha Brown – was key for Raphael Warnock and Jon OssoffBlack voters showed up in record numbers for Georgia’s Senate runoff election on Tuesday, handing the Democratic Senate candidates Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff decisive victories against the Republican incumbents Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, respectively.According to the Associated Press, more than 4.4 million votes were cast, about 88% of the number who voted in November’s contest, when turnout was 68 percent overall. Continue reading...
< Georgia, Stacey Abrams, US news, US politics, US elections 2020, Democrats, US Senate, US Congress >
- Business Insider 13:01January 7, 2021US stock futures climb and bonds fall as investors look through Congress protest chaos towards Joe Biden stimulusInvestors shrugged off scenes of violence on Capitol Hill yesterday and looked instead to likely fiscal stimulus after Democratic wins in Georgia.
< Markets, Markets, US futures, US stocks, Bonds, Treasuries, Congress, Donald Trump, Georgia runoffs, Stimulus, Currencies, dollar index, Volatility, Government Bonds >
- New York Magazine 03:18January 7, 2021As Trump Thugs Attack Congress, Senate Flips to DemocratsGeorgia voters took away the Republican Party’s remaining source of power in Washington, and ensure that Trump leaves office as a serial loser.
< politics, vision 2020, 2020 elections, georgia senate runoffs, jon ossoff, raphael warnock, david perdue, kelly loeffler, donald trump, joe biden >
- Breitbart News 01:46January 7, 2021Democrat Jon Ossoff Ousts GOP Sen. David Perdue in GeorgiaATLANTA — Democrat Senate candidate Jon Ossoff defeated Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) by a narrow margin in what became the Democrats' second victory in Georgia’s dual runoff races on Tuesday, which were set to determine which party took control of the Senate.
< 2020 Election, Politics, David Perdue, Georgia, Georgia runoffs, Jon Ossoff >
- The Guardian 01:25January 7, 2021Jon Ossoff wins Georgia runoff election, giving Democrats control of SenateVictory unseats Republican David Perdue, who held the seat for the past six years, and follows fellow Democrat Raphael Warnock’s winGeorgia Democrat Jon Ossoff has won his Senate runoff election, giving Democrats control of the Senate for the opening of Democrat Joe Biden’s presidency.Ossoff’s victory against David Perdue, was called by the Associated Press late Wednesday, and follows fellow Democrat Raphael Warnock’s victory against incumbent Kelly Loeffler. Continue reading...
< Georgia, US Senate, US news, US politics, Democrats, US elections 2020 >
- Business Insider 23:37January 6, 2021Bank stocks rally as investors hope more fiscal support from Democratic congress will aid financialsWells Fargo soared 8% on Wednesday as investors looked toward a Democratic congress. Bank of America grew 7.8%, while Citiroup gained 6.9%.
< Markets, Bank of America stock price, Wells Fargo stock price, Citigroup stock price, JPMorgan stock price, Bank stocks, financials sector, Mike Mayo, pfizer vaccine, Stock Market, Stocks, Fiscal Stimulus, Georgia, Georgia runoff election >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:31January 6, 2021‘The new south’: Raphael Warnock becomes Georgia's first Black senatorState on the brink of delivering the Democrats control of Senate is in a cultural, demographic and political transitionThe Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta has witnessed tides of history ebb and flow during its 134 years. Martin Luther King Jr, the civil rights leader, often preached here. Now its pastor, Raphael Warnock, has added a new chapter by becoming the first African American senator from Georgia.The storied church was firmly closed as votes were tallied on Tuesday night and its doors were plastered with coronavirus warnings, but there was a palpable surge outside as expectation turned to elation. Continue reading...
< Georgia, US news, US politics, US Congress, US Senate, Democrats >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:53January 6, 2021Democrats' Georgia success reshapes US political landscapeProjected election victories will give Biden a majority in the Senate and were built on a revamped strategy and organisational effortThe US state of Georgia on Wednesday afternoon looked set to present an early inauguration gift to President-elect Joe Biden, giving him a decent shot at breaking Washington gridlock and enacting his agenda. Continue reading...
< US politics, Georgia, US news, US elections 2020, Democrats, Republicans, US Senate >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:58January 6, 2021Georgia elections: Democrats on course for Senate control as Warnock wins and Ossoff leadsRaphael Warnock defeats Republican Kelly Loeffler Jon Ossoff leads David Perdue in other Senate runoffGeorgia Senate runoffs – follow all the latest news liveAfter four bruising years under Donald Trump, Democrats woke up elated on Wednesday, finding themselves on the precipice of taking control of the United States Senate. Related: Georgia election live: Jon Ossoff extends lead as Democrats near Senate control Continue reading...
< Georgia, US news, World news, US elections 2020, US politics, Democrats, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Republicans >
- Business Insider 20:45January 6, 2021Meet Stacey Abrams, the architect of Georgia's political shift from 'red' to 'purple'Stacey Abrams helped register hundreds of thousands of new voters in a state with a long and troubled history of suppressing Black voters.
< Politics, Stacey Abrams, Georgia, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Voter turnout, vote suppression, Swing State, Black voters, American South, suburban voters, Latino Voters, Voter Registration >
- Business Insider 20:40January 6, 2021Republicans bit the hand that fed them and were repaid with a disastrous showing in the Georgia Senate runoffsGeorgia voters gave Republican Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue the boot in return for their staunch loyalty to Trump.
< Politics, News, 2020 election, Georgia Senate runoffs, Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff, Donald Trump, analysis >
- Business Insider 19:52January 6, 2021In just four years, Donald Trump brought the GOP to its knees, and the Georgia runoffs showed how costly his presidency became for the partySince Donald Trump took office, the Republicans lost their majorities in the House, the Senate, and saw once reliable red states become competitive.
< Politics, analysis, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Georgia Senate runoffs >
- Breitbart News 19:48January 6, 2021Hillary Clinton Gloats: 'Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell'Twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton weighed in following the tight Senate Georgia runoff elections, one of which has been called for Democrat challenger Raphael Warnock, claiming victory for Democrats in the Senate.
< 2020 Election, Politics, David Perdue, Georgia, Hillary Clinton, Jon Ossoff, Kelly Loeffler, Raphael Warnock >
- Business Insider 19:45January 6, 2021Democrats retook Senate control after the Georgia runoffs. Here's the legislative maneuver they could use to get $2,000 stimulus checks to Americans and boost Obamacare - all without GOP support.Biden's policy ambitions on coronavirus relief and healthcare received a major boost after Democrats won key Senate races in Georgia.
< Politics, Markets, Economy, Stimulus checks, Direct payments, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Joe Biden, Biden administration, Stimulus, Economic relief, Coronavirus relief, enhanced unemployment insurance, Federal unemployment benefits, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Republicans, Democrats, Georgia runoffs, analysis, Policy, Economy, stimulus check >
- Breitbart News 18:43January 6, 2021Chuck Schumer Declares Victory, Promises Change with a 'Democratic Senate, Democratic House, and Democratic President'Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Wednesday declared victory for Democrats in the Georgia Senate runoff races, one of which has been called for Raphael Warnock, promising change with a "Democratic Senate, Democratic House, and Democratic President."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Chuck Schumer, David Perdue, Georgia, Jon Ossoff, Kelly Loeffler, Raphael Warnock, Senate >
- Business Insider 18:37January 6, 2021Democratic victories in the Georgia runoffs ended Mitch McConnell's 6-year tenure as Senate Majority Leader and DC's most feared power brokerJon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock won the Georgia runoffs, Decision Desk HQ and Business Insider project, giving Democrats Senate control.
< Politics, 2020 election, Mitch McConnell, Senate, senate republicans, Georgia runoffs, News UK, analysis >
- Business Insider 18:36January 6, 2021Investors shouldn't move their money because of the Georgia election results, says an investment chief"If an investor's asset allocation was to be substantially altered by a 50-50 Senate vs. a 51-49 Senate split, that asset allocation was never constructed well from the outset," said David Bahnsen.
< Markets, Georgia election, Georgia, Investing, Stocks, Stock Market Outlook, stock market outlook 2021, Tech stocks, Blue Wave, blue wave and stocks, stocks and election, Investing advice, market view >
- Business Insider 18:33January 6, 2021Trump appears to concede Democrats won Senate control but continues his push to overturn the presidential electionTrump simultaneously acknowledged Democrats won Senate control while baselessly claiming that Democrats committed widespread voter fraud.
< Politics, News, President Donald Trump, 2020 election, Joe Biden, Georgia, Senate >
- New York Magazine 18:30January 6, 2021Here’s What Joe Biden Can Get Done With a Democratic SenateEconomic relief, judges, health care.
< politics, the national interest, 2020 elections, georgia senate runoffs, joe biden >
- New York Magazine 18:30January 6, 2021Here’s What Joe Biden Can Get Done With a Democratic SenateEconomic relief, judges, health care.
< politics, the national interest, 2020 elections, georgia senate runoffs, joe biden >