- Business Insider 00:13November 10, 2020Gun stocks tumble after upbeat vaccine news and lack of civil unrest after electionSmith & Wesson's shares, which normally rise or fall after an election, have dropped 11% since the announcement of President-elect Joe Biden.
< Retail, Markets, News, Gun sales, coronavirus vacccine, Stay at Home Stocks, Business News Desk >
- Business Insider 21:36October 30, 2020Walmart reverses course, puts guns back on sales floor ahead of the electionWalmart says it will return guns and ammo to the sales floor because incidents of 'civil unrest' remain geographically isolated.
< Retail, News, Walmart, Guns, ammo, Retail, Gun sales >
- Breitbart News 18:30October 30, 2020AZ Gun Store Owner: Biden Will Crush Our Business, Erase Our FreedomAn Arizona gun store owner told Breitbart News that Joe Biden's gun control proposals would crush small gun stores and erase the Second Amendment freedoms that Arizonans cherish and enjoy.
< 2020 Election, 2nd Amendment, Politics, 2nd Amendment, AR-15, Arizona, Democrat Gun Control, Gun Sales, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 01:16October 29, 2020One chart shows the explosion of people trying to buy guns for the first time in the months leading up to the US electionThe FBI processed a total of 3.9 million background checks in June — the most since 1988, when it first began collecting that data.
< Retail, News, Politics, Gun sales, Retail, Business News Desk, Background checks, election >
- Breitbart News 15:31September 25, 2020Report: Gun Sales Surge 80 Percent in Seven Swing StatesGun sales have been up nationwide for months but are specifically up in seven swing states as the November 3, 2020, election approaches.
< 2020 Election, 2nd Amendment, Politics, Background Checks, Gun Sales, Joe Biden, National Shooting Sports Foundation, President Trump >
- Breitbart News 18:03August 31, 2020Hawkins: Leftists Silent as Americans Choose Guns over Gun ControlAs millions of Americans have poured into gun stores and set background check records for seven straight months the normally vocal gun grabbers on the left have gone silent.
< 2020 Election, 2nd Amendment, Politics, gun control, Gun Sales, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris >
- Business Insider 16:36August 25, 2020First-time gun buyers are fueled by fears over the pandemic, the economy, and nationwide protests When the coronavirus pandemic hit the US in March, the FBI processed 3.7 million firearm background checks, the most since it started keeping track in 1998.
Then in June, the bureau conducted a record-shattering 3.9 million background checks.
Many new gun buyers say fears brought on by the pandemic, economic recession, and nationwide protests have fueled their decisions to purchase a firearm.
Gun shop owners are welcoming the sales, but critics worry that the surge could lead to more violence if firearms end up in the wrong hands.
View more episodes of Business Insider Today on Facebook. Michael Braunlin bought his first gun in March, as fears of the coronavirus pandemic were taking hold in the US.
"A lot of it was around not knowing what was happening and not having a lot of assurance from my government that we were going to be kept safe and protected," Braunlin told Business Insider Today.
During a record-breaking year of firearm background checks across the country, he wasn't the only one to make that decision.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Inside London during COVID-19 lockdownSee Also:The best golf driversThe best knife setsA Thai design firm is turning old fishing nets into COVID-19 protective equipmentSEE ALSO: Over 1 million former convicts in Florida regained the right to vote — and this group is trying to register them for the 2020 elections
DON'T MISS: At prisons in Finland, inmates are learning AI and taking online tech courses as a bridge to life on the outside
< Business Insider Today, Guns, Gun sales, Background checks, >
- Breitbart News 20:37August 9, 2020New York Gun Purchases Jumped 121 Percent in JuneGun purchases in the state of New York jumped 121 percent in June 2020, compared to the sales which took place in June 2019.
< 2nd Amendment, Politics, Gun Sales, New York, Second Amendment >
- Breitbart News 18:17August 3, 2020July 2020 Was 7th Consecutive Month of Record Firearm Background ChecksFigures from the FBI show that July 2020 was the seventh consecutive month of record firearm background checks.
< 2nd Amendment, Politics, Background Checks, FBI, Gun Sales, Second Amendment >
- Business Insider 16:45July 28, 2020The oldest gun maker in the US, Remington, filed for bankruptcy again even as gun sales surgeBrian Blanco/Getty Images Remington, the storied US gun-maker, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on Monday.
It's the company's second filing since 2018, when surging sales following the Parkland shooting helped it rebound.
Arms sales are still surging thanks to the coronavirus, political unrest, and Joe Biden's polling lead — but a lawsuit by Sandy Hook victims' families also continues against Remington.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Remington Arms, the oldest gunmaker in the US, filed its second bankruptcy petition in as many years on Monday as a barrage of lawsuits and the coronavirus outweigh surging arms sales.
In its Chapter 11 filing in federal court in Alabama, the Bushmaster-maker said it had between $100 million and $500 million in assets, with the same estimated range for liabilities. A Chapter 11 filing allows a company to remain active while repaying creditors.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Why thoroughbred horse semen is the world's most expensive liquidSee Also:Neiman Marcus is closing 4 department stores and 17 off-price Last Call locations for good. See if your local store is on the list.The rise and fall of Ann Taylor, the company that dressed American career women for decades and ushered in the era of the 'power suit'Ann Taylor parent company Ascena has filed for bankruptcy and plans to close hundreds of stores
< Remington, Guns, Gun sales, coronavirus, Business News Desk, Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, >
- Breitbart News 16:23June 3, 2020West Palm Beach Mayor Bans Guns, Ammo Sales in Response to RiotersWest Palm Beach Florida Mayor Keith James declared a 72-hour State of Local Emergency on May 31, 2020, in response to riotous protests and the declaration includes a ban on gun and ammunition sales throughout the city.
< 2nd Amendment, Politics, Florida, Gun Sales, Keith James, Second Amendment >