- Business Insider 13:30January 28, 2021Biden to sign executive orders expanding health care access - including reopening enrollment for ObamacareThe executive orders will reverse his predecessor's restrictions on abortion, Obamacare, and Medicaid.
< Politics, Healthcare, Joe Biden, Obamacare, Affordable Care Act, global gag rule, Abortion, Planned Parenthood, Executive Orders >
- The Guardian(UK) 12:43January 28, 2021UK Covid live: Boris Johnson makes Scotland visit despite concerns over whether trip 'essential'Latest updates: first minister Nicola Sturgeon ‘not ecstatic’ about PM’s visit, suggesting it doesn’t set good example for public amid Covid restrictions Covid cases in England ‘must fall faster to ease NHS pressure’Leading Paralympian says lockdown needs of disabled people ignoredCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverage 9.42am GMT Senior Tory Sir Desmond Swayne has been condemned as “completely out of order” by cabinet minister Michael Gove after claiming that Covid statistics have been “manipulated”.Sir Desmond, who represents New Forest West, was interviewed by a US anti-vaccine campaigner and urged an anti-lockdown group to persist with their efforts, suggesting official data should not be trusted, according to PA media.It seems to be a manageable risk, particularly as figures have been manipulated... We’re told there is a deathly, deadly pandemic proceeding at the moment. That is difficult to reconcile with ICUs (intensive care units) actually operating at typical occupation levels for the time of year and us bouncing round at the typical level of deaths for the time of year."Just saying that he's wrong is nowhere near enough".Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner says Sir Desmond Swayne has "undermined the government's message" after he told anti-vaxxers to 'persist' against #COVID19 restrictions.More on this #exclusive https://t.co/K2nIdR0l24 pic.twitter.com/lXpkAkFoje 9.35am GMT Sir Jeremy Farrar, a Sage member, has warned that Covid vaccines must be made available around the world in an effort to keep cases down and prevent new mutations which could escape the effects of the jabs.He says that “vaccine nationalism” is a reality that “we have to avoid”. Vaccine nationalism is a reality that we have to avoid, the Wellcome Trust's Sir Jeremy Farrar tells @MishalHusainHe argues that getting vaccines to the world is the "moral and ethical" thing to do. #R4Today https://t.co/Nh56mCA0YJ pic.twitter.com/57Y0b8S2uo Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Politics, UK news, Boris Johnson, Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, NHS, Infectious diseases, Health, Conservatives >
- ABCNews 12:42January 28, 2021French police face sanction for Macarena party amid virusSome two dozen French police officials are facing internal punishment for holding a party inside a police station where they were filmed dancing the Macarena and violating multiple virus protection rules
< Health >
- The Guardian 10:58January 28, 2021WHO team exits Wuhan quarantine to start Covid fact-finding missionMission is politically charged as China seeks to avoid blame for alleged missteps in outbreak responseCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageA World Health Organization team has emerged from quarantine in the Chinese city of Wuhan to start field work in a fact-finding mission on the origins of the virus that caused the Covid-19 pandemic.The researchers, who were required to complete 14 days in quarantine after arriving in China, could be seen leaving their hotel and boarding a bus on Thursday afternoon. It was not immediately clear where they were headed. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, China, World Health Organization, Asia Pacific, Health, Infectious diseases, Medical research, World news, US news, UK news >
- The Independent Feed 10:51January 28, 2021Covid news – live: Infections ‘at highest level since May’ as PM urged to back global vaccine passportFollow for the latest developments
< Health >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00January 28, 2021What To Know About Schizophrenia And Covid-19 Risk
< Health, Mental Health, COVID-19, mental illness, schizophrenia, Risk factor, health, mental-health, covid-19, mental-illness, risk-factor, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Forbes 08:13January 28, 2021Has The Covid-19 Pandemic Been A Nightmare For Your Sleep? Experts Share TipsFixing it will take better habits and better public health policies, experts say.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare >
- Breitbart News 07:30January 28, 2021Over 31,000 People in the U.S. Died from Coronavirus During Joe Biden's First Week in OfficeMore than 31,000 people in the United States have died due to the Chinese coronavirus during President Joe Biden's first week in office. Meanwhile, Dr. Anthony Fauci suggested that wearing two masks "just makes common sense."
< Health, Politics, Science, coronavirus, COVID-19, Joe Biden, masks >
- Breitbart News 03:04January 28, 2021CDC Chief: Coronavirus Deaths in U.S. May Exceed 500K by February 20 CDC Director Rochelle Walensky warned Wednesday that the U.S. could exceed 500,000 Chinese virus-related deaths by February 20.
< Health, Politics, Science, Andy Slavitt, CDC, coronavirus, pandemic, White House >
- The Guardian(UK) 03:01January 28, 2021Covid-19 cases in England 'must fall to ease NHS pressure'Imperial College study notes decline in week to 22 January but fall is slower than in first national lockdownCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageCases of coronavirus have started to decline in England but must fall faster to relieve pressure on the NHS, scientists behind a Covid infection survey have warned.Researchers at Imperial College London analysed more than 160,000 swabs taken between 6 and 22 January and found that while cases fell nationally in the past week the rate was not dropping swiftly enough to reduce strain on the health service. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, UK news, Imperial College London, NHS, Epidemics, Health, Infectious diseases, Health policy, Society >
- Huffington Post UK 03:01January 28, 2021Coronavirus Infections At Highest Since First Wave, Study Warns
< uk news, coronavirus, Health News, england, Imperial College London, news, health-news, imperial-college-london, NEWS >
- Forbes 02:32January 28, 2021Disneyland, Ice Rinks, And Ancient Cathedrals: All The Unusual Places That Are Now Covid Vaccine CentersPublic places have been transformed into makeshift Covid-19 vaccine hubs.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, Healthcare, /healthcare, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, business, SportsMoney >
- The Independent Feed 02:23January 28, 2021SHELL – Hoteles en cuarentena de COVID: ¿Qué países los están usando?ccccc
< Health >
- Huffington Post UK 02:23January 28, 2021Tory MP Desmond Swayne Accused Of Spreading Covid Misinformation
< uk news, coronavirus, Health News, angela rayner, Desmond Swayne, news, health-news, angela-rayner, desmond-swayne, POLITICS, politics, News >
- Forbes 01:52January 28, 2021Congratulations On Your Vaccination! (You Can’t Return To Normal Just Yet)Now is not the time to loosen up on those Covid-19 safety guidelines.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare >
- Business Insider 01:33January 28, 2021Under Biden, pro-choice advocates shift focus to undoing Trump and targeting 'draconian' state restrictionsWith Biden and Harris in the White House and Democrats having control of both chambers of Congress, pro-choice advocates are hopeful about the future.
< News, Healthcare, Politics, Abortion, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Arizona, Mississippi, South Carolina, NARAL >
- The Independent Feed 01:32January 28, 2021UK ‘just a few months away’ from vaccine rollout ‘changing all our lives for the better’, deputy chief medical officer saysCountry needs to ‘keep the faith and stick with it … for just a teeny bit longer,’
< Health >
- Huffington Post UK 00:54January 28, 2021Is Boris Johnson Risking Another Missed Deadline With His March Schools Date?
< uk news, coronavirus, boris johnson, Health News, the waugh zone, news, boris-johnson, health-news, the-waugh-zone, POLITICS, politics, News >
- Business Insider 00:35January 28, 2021A third of COVID-19 survivors are diagnosed with conditions like stroke, dementia, and psychosisOne in eight COVID-19 survivors receive their first-ever psychiatric or neurological diagnosis within six months of testing positive.
< Science, coronavirus, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Neurological Disorders, Crystal Cox, BI Photo >
- Forbes 00:10January 28, 2021Digital Health’s Banner Year: 2020 Investments And Investor Signals Promising Opportunities In 2021Despite Covid-19’s impact permeating through all aspects of healthcare delivery and our daily lives, 2020 served as a call to action for healthcare innovators and investors alike, solidifying the prominence and importance of healthcare technology today, and the sea change that continues to ripple...
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Venture Capital, /venture-capital, Decision Maker Content, decisionmaker >
- The Independent Feed 23:55January 27, 2021One in eight Britons have lost a close friend or family member to Covid-19Poll comes as UK coronavirus deaths pass 100,000
< Health >
- Business Insider 23:40January 27, 2021A 'COVID tongue' that's swollen, bumpy, or patchy may be a sign of virus infectionOne in four COVID-19 patients showed changes to their tongue such as swelling or discolored patches, according to a study from Spain.
< Science, Health, Science, coronavirus, COVID-19, Dermatology, coronavirus symptoms >
- Business Insider 23:33January 27, 2021The best exercise balls of 2021Exercise balls are an easy way to add a core challenge to bodyweight moves, but not all are durable or retain air well. Here are the four best we tested.
< Reviews, Fitness (Reviews), Health (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Fitness, Health, Exercise, Insider Picks 2019, Buying Guide, Fitness Guides, Best Guides, Guide Update, Insider Picks 2020, IP Freelance, product card, At-Home Fitness, At-Home Workout >
- Forbes 22:50January 27, 2021These Coronavirus Vaccines Can Have Side Effects But Cannot Give You Covid-19Here are some side effects that you may have when you get the currently available Covid-19 vaccines.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, business, pharma >
- Huffington Post UK 22:00January 27, 2021The Full Moon Really Could Be Messing With Your Sleep
< Health, wellbeing, Sleep, Nature, Moon, health, sleep, nature, moon, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 21:53January 27, 2021What We Know About The UK's First 100,000 Covid Victims
< uk news, coronavirus, Health News, race, news, health-news, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 21:45January 27, 2021All The Times Experts Called For Hotel Quarantine
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, COVID-19, Lockdown, Quarantine, travel ban, Gabriel Leung, news, politics, health-news, covid-19, lockdown, quarantine, travel-ban, gabriel-leung, NEWS >
- Business Insider 21:21January 27, 2021Researchers say a new coronavirus variant found in California may have contributed to Los Angeles' case surgeDaily coronavirus cases in Los Angeles County quadrupled between November and mid-January. A study suggests a new variant may have played a role.
< Science, News, Health, coronavirus, COVID-19, Coronavirus variant, Los Angeles, LA >
- Business Insider 21:00January 27, 2021Trump left Biden $1 billion to spend on healthcare enrollment efforts, new report findsFormer President Donald Trump significantly reduced spending for enrollment efforts in the Affordable Care Act, leaving $1 billion in leftover funds.
< Economy, Biden, Trump, Affordable Care Act, Healthcare, Politics, Economy, Medicaid >
- The Independent Feed 20:42January 27, 2021‘Substantial divergence’ in Covid vaccination rates between different ethnic groups, figures show‘We must vaccinate Britain, and to do that we need a plan to ensure that no one from black, Asian and ethnic minority communities is left behind,’ says shadow women and equalities minister Marsha de Cordova
< Health >
- Huffington Post UK 20:16January 27, 2021What The Science Says About Delaying Second Vaccine Doses
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccine, news, politics, health-news, covid-19, covid-19-vaccine, NEWS >
- Business Insider 20:04January 27, 2021The best dumbbells for your home gymA good set of dumbbells is essential for any at-home gym. Here are our favorites currently available, including our top pick, the Powerblock Elite 90.
< Reviews, Fitness (Reviews), Health (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Fitness, Home, Workout, Gym, dumbbells, Buying Guide, Fitness Guides, Guide Update, At-Home Fitness, At-Home Workout, IP Graphics, Alyssa Powell, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Huffington Post UK 19:47January 27, 2021Revealed: Full List Of High-Risk Countries That Mean Quarantine Hotel Stays
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, boris johnson, Health News, priti patel, Quarantine, news, politics, boris-johnson, health-news, priti-patel, quarantine, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 19:24January 27, 2021UK Records 1,725 More Coronavirus Deaths In 24 Hours
< uk news, coronavirus, boris johnson, Health News, COVID-19, Lockdown, News, uk, news, boris-johnson, health-news, covid-19, lockdown, NEWS >
- Business Insider 19:17January 27, 2021Production of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine was suspended after a suspicious package was sent to one of its largest plantsWockhardt UK said it had to evacuate employees but that it is still on track to meet its production target for the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine.
< Healthcare, News, AstraZeneca, News UK >
- Forbes 19:00January 27, 2021Seattle Hospital Offered Major Donors Invite-Only Covid-19 Vaccine Appointments"We thought that was the most efficient way to add slots," Overlake's COO said. "In hindsight, we could certainly look back and say this wasn't the best way to do it."
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Science, /science, Healthcare, /healthcare, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, business, SportsMoney >
- The Independent Feed 18:53January 27, 2021What is working from home doing to your eyes?Improving light levels and taking regular screen breaks may help
< Health >
- Forbes 18:44January 27, 2021AstraZeneca Hits Back At EU Accusation It’s Backtracking On Its Covid-19 Vaccine ContractThe EU accused the company of abandoning its commitments to make a profit elsewhere.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Manufacturing, /manufacturing, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, Leadership, /leadership, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 18:30January 27, 2021A public health professor explains the difference between rapid COVID-19 tests from a pharmacy and the 'gold standard' lab results - and says people should be tested every 3 daysUsing a rapid antigen COVID-19 test twice weekly would help protect communities, Iain Buchan told Insider.
< Healthcare, Health, Test, coronavirus >
- Forbes 17:33January 27, 2021Abbott Profits Jump As Covid-19 Test Sales Surpass 400 MillionDemand for Abbott’s portfolio of tests for Covid-19 surged in the fourth quarter as the company delivered more than 300 million such diagnostics in the fourth quarter alone and 400 million since the pandemic began in early 2020.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, business, pharma >
- The Independent Feed 17:32January 27, 2021Covid: UK variant less associated with loss of taste and smellONS survey finds people infected with new coronavirus variant more likely to report symptoms
< Health >
- Huffington Post UK 16:58January 27, 2021Plan To Lift Lockdown Will Be Revealed In Week Beginning February 22
< Politics, boris johnson, uk, uk news, coronavirus, uk politics, Health News, COVID-19, Lockdown, politics, boris-johnson, news, health-news, covid-19, lockdown, POLITICS >
- Business Insider 16:51January 27, 2021J&J vaccine data is imminentThese are Business Insider's biggest healthcare stories for January 27.
< Healthcare, Dispensed, coronavirus, Vaccine, Johnson & Johnson, COVID-19, North Dakota, South Dakota, Sana Biotechnology >
- Forbes 16:50January 27, 2021Anthem Blue Cross Profits Fall As Pandemic Medical Costs RiseHealth insurer Anthem’s profits fell 41% in the fourth quarter of last year as Americans returned to get healthcare services they had put off earlier in the year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Business, /business, Decision Maker Content, decisionmaker, business, pharma >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:44January 27, 2021Boris Johnson hopes schools in England will reopen from 8 MarchPM tells Commons a firm decision about date will be taken in week of 22 February Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageBoris Johnson has said he hopes to begin reopening England’s schools from Monday 8 March, and the date could be confirmed next month.The prime minister said a firm decision would be taken in the week of 22 February, after the spring half-term – the date by which he had originally hoped schools would reopen. Continue reading...
< Education policy, Schools, Health policy, Coronavirus, Education, UK news, Politics, Society >
- Huffington Post UK 16:37January 27, 2021Schools Could Stay Shut Until March 8, Boris Johnson Confirms
< uk news, coronavirus, boris johnson, Health News, Education, news, boris-johnson, health-news, education, POLITICS, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 16:34January 27, 2021Mandatory Hotel Quarantine For Travellers From Covid Hotspots, Announces Boris Johnson
< travel ban, Politics, boris johnson, uk, uk news, coronavirus, uk politics, Health News, COVID-19, Lockdown, travel-ban, politics, boris-johnson, news, health-news, covid-19, lockdown, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 16:34January 27, 2021How Not To Quarantine: The Deadly Hotel Isolation Mistakes The UK Must Avoid
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, global news, Australia, Quarantine, self isolation, news, politics, health-news, global-news, australia, quarantine, self-isolation, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 16:19January 27, 2021Vaccinate Teachers And Other Key Workers Alongside Over-50s, Says Labour
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, labour party, COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccine, news, politics, health-news, labour-party, covid-19, covid-19-vaccine, POLITICS >
- Forbes 16:16January 27, 2021Israeli Study Shows A Majority Of Those Vaccinated Can Be Infected By SARS-CoV-2Last week, Israel released preliminary data on the effects of vaccination for infection and transmissibility. Early indications suggest that after vaccination, as many as 70% of people can still be infected.
< Healthcare, /healthcare, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, business, pharma & healthcare >