- Business Insider 18:37December 27, 2020There's a clear way Biden can immediately take on the pharmaceutical industry and bring down drug prices for all AmericansA new economic analysis shows how anti-competitive industry practices keep drug prices high and hurt patients
< Opinion, Politics, Healthcare, Opinion, BI Commentary, Drug prices, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Biden, Rebates, Health Insurance, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 17:58December 16, 2020Teladoc drops on report that Amazon is building a business to offer primary care for other companiesAmazon's push into healthcare services has been years in the making, most recently marked by the e-commerce giant's launch of an online pharmacy.
< Markets, Teladoc, Teladoc stock, Teladoc stock price, Amazon, Investing, Health Care, Markets, Stock Market, Mover, Movers, Trading, Amazon Care, Health insurance stocks >
- Business Insider 16:07October 30, 2020Health insurers are rolling back coverage as telehealth visits skyrocket during the pandemic. Here's what the change could mean for patients.While telehealth can drastically reduced in-person visits, financial strain on healthcare providers might mean the end of virtual care.
< Tech Insider, Nordic, The Conversation, Contributor, contributor 2019, Strategy, Telehealth, Telehealth Providers, Healthcare Industry, Health Insurance, Health Insurers >
- Business Insider 14:58October 25, 2020I wouldn't have insurance without the Affordable Care Act. Now Trump is working to deprive millions of struggling Americans health insurance.Millions of Americans lost their jobs this year, and therefore their health insurance. Without the ACA, many would be left without health insurance.
< Opinion, Politics, Healthcare, Opinion, BI Commentary, Healthcare, Affordable Care Act, Election 2020, 2020 election, Obamacare, Health Insurance, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 19:19September 21, 2020Healthcare stocks plunge amid broad market rout as Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death creates uncertainty around ObamacareSeveral analysts lowered ratings on healthcare giants, saying Ginsburg's death raised the odds of the Supreme Court gutting the Affordable Care Act.
< Markets, Markets, healthcare stocks, Healthcare Industry, Healthcare, Obamacare, ACA', Obamacare Repeal, Obamacare lawsuit, Trump administration, healthcare stock, Health insurance stocks, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth stock price, UnitedHealth, Tenet Healthcare stock price, Tenet Healthcare, JNJ, JNJ stock, JNJ stock price, Johnson & Johnson, Johnson & Johnson stock, Johnson & Johnson stock price, Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg >
- Business Insider 15:27August 26, 2020Inside Google's $100 million bet on American WellBusiness Insider's biggest healthcare stories for August 26.
< Healthcare, Healthcare, Dispensed, American Well, Amwell, Google Health, IPO 2020, Health Insurance, Startups, Oscar Health, Clover Health, Bright health, convalescent plasma, coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, Coronavirus treatments >
- Business Insider 23:42August 7, 20204 significant ways COVID-19 has changed my financial planning advice to clientsCourtesy Sharif Muhammad
The COVID-19 pandemic has introduced all sorts of uncertainty into Americans' lives — financial and otherwise. As a financial planner, I've been rethinking my typical money advice.
I'm advising clients to focus on building cash emergency funds and setting up working budgets to keep them afloat during lean times.
I'm also recommending families put together "financial disaster plans," and looking more closely at my clients' health insurance coverages.
SmartAsset's free tool can find a financial planner to help you take control of your money » As I sit here in New Jersey in early August, I'm taking stock of everything we've experienced since the initial COVID-19 wave. The weeks of quarantine, the overrun emergency rooms, the daily reporting of deaths (it never gets normal to hear that 300-400+ people died over the course of 24 hours), Zoom "calls" for work, school, and playdates, in-home mini-concerts online, and the financial turmoil being faced by middle-class America in the form of layoffs, reduced work hours/salary decreases, and heightened retirement account performance volatility.
From a New Jersey state high of 460 deaths on April 30 to a reporting of zero hospital deaths on July 30, it's a blessing to see the progress that communities across the country are making. But as American baseball legend Yogi Bera famously said, "It ain't over till it's over."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:I lost half my income in March and my savings plan went out the window. Now, I'm laser-focused on 3 money goals.Losing income to the pandemic showed me 2 smart ways to cut back my spending by $500 a monthHow checking my bank account daily helped me pay off $10,000 of debt and save more money than ever
< Financial Planners, Financial Planning, coronavirus, Budgeting, Health Insurance, Emergency Funds, Personal Finance Insider, PFI Related Content Module, SJ, pfi, PFI Related Product Module, PFI SmartAsset, PFI SmartAdvisor, >
- Business Insider 23:01July 29, 2020As a financial planner, there are 3 things I always tell clients who are about to have a childCourtesy Martin A. Scott
Having a child is a wonderful life experience, but it comes with financial implications.
For clients who are having their first child, I always recommend looking at your budget to understand how your child will impact your cash flow. Next, I help clients review their estate planning documents.
Finally, I review health and life insurance policies and beneficiaries with my clients to ensure appropriate levels of coverage.
Policygenius can help you compare life insurance policies to find the right coverage for you, at the right price » Being a husband and father myself, I know that starting a family is a wonderful moment in life. The joy of a couple having their first child is incredible, but there are financial planning implications that accompany this decision.
Here are the three primary discussions I have with clients who are about to have a child.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:I tracked down $1,000 in 'unclaimed funds' for my husband and didn't have to pay any lawyers to claim the cashA mortgage preapproval tells you how much you can borrow and locks in your interest rate for 60 to 90 daysA financial planner shares 3 ways to get the most from your adviser
< Financial Planner, Financial Planning, Estate Planning, family planning, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Wills, Trust, Personal Finance Insider, SJ, PFI Related Content Module, pfi, PFI-XAMP, Policygenius, >