- Business Insider 22:44December 12, 20197 hard lessons everyone should master by age 35Hero Images/Getty Images There's no one game plan to success, but there are some steps you can take to get yourself closer.
Seek out the advice of people you admire, be careful what you dedicate your own energy to, and be sure to value alone time. You should always be learning, but keep in mind that you'll never be able to please everyone.
If you find yourself in a situation you don't enjoy, it's okay to take steps to leave it. That includes your comfort zone.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. If you feel like you're stuck in a rut in the workplace, your relationship, or life in general, don't worry. We're here to help you get ahead in this game called life.
Below, we've outlined seven lessons that most people who've hit major success milestones before the age of 35 have made a point of learning. These are the lessons they don't teach you in school, and they're not always the easiest to stomach. But if you prioritize learning them now versus later, the spillover effect on your life and career could yield some pretty impressive results. 1. It's okay to ask for advice
Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
Sometimes we let our fear of looking unprepared or ill-informed keep us from asking for help. But the secret is out: more often than not, everyone else also has no idea what they are doing. Do not be afraid to ask for advice, whether in the workplace, at home, or in life in general. Search for a person who you admire and ask for their help.
2. Dedicate a certain amount of your week to alone time
You are constantly doing things for others: your partner, your children, your siblings, your boss, etc. You deserve some "me" time. Dedicate a specific day and time during the week to do what you want to do. If it becomes part of your weekly routine, you are more likely to actually follow through. Go for a run, catch up on your favorite blog, order take-out, and give yourself a facial. Do only what you want to do.
3. Choose what you dedicate your energy to
GaudiLab / Shutterstock
You've heard the term "pick and choose your battles." This is great life advice. You only have so much time and energy to give, and certain issues are simply just not worth it. Decide which fights are worth having, and which ones are better to have backed down. Compromise when necessary and when acceptable, and stick to your guns when the issue at hand matters most to you. Over time, what you care to fight for will change.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Oprah all use the 5-hour rule — here's how it worksThe most successful children have parents who play 8 roles, according to Harvard researchElon Musk limits meetings at Tesla to only 6 people — and says employees should 'walk out' if nothing's getting accomplishedSEE ALSO: 10 harmless mind tricks that make people like you more
< Fairy God Boss, contributor 2019, Contributor, Life Lessons, Features, Fairygodboss, >
- Business Insider 22:18December 12, 201927 Hanukkah gifts for everyone on your listEtsy This year Hanukkah begins on December 22 and ends on December 30. If you or someone you know is celebrating, you'll probably need to find a gift to give over the course of the eight nights.
We rounded up the best Hanukkah gifts that anyone on your list will love, from techy gadgets to party games and classy cookware.
Keep reading for 27 Hanukkah gifts anyone will love. Check out all of our 2019 holiday gift ideas here.
Don't wait too long to order your gifts, though, since holiday shipping deadlines are coming up. See Amazon's holiday shipping deadlines here. If you've ever heard Adam Sandler's festive anthem "The Chanukah Song," you know that "instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights."
While the eight-day celebration of Hanukkah isn't rooted in gifting, it's become commonplace to give gifts over the course of the holiday. Some may choose to give and receive gifts on all eight nights while others may choose to do just one; some may have traditions of giving lots of small, stocking stuffer-like trinkets, while others may gift big-ticket items. There's no right or wrong way to go about Hanukkah gifting, but with the holiday right around the corner, now is a good time to think about what you're going to give those in your life who celebrate.
To make it easy, we rounded 27 Hanukkah gifts that work for everyone on your list. From luxury beauty products they can take on their next vacation to fun games that'll add excitement to their holiday parties, we've got you covered with plenty of gift ideas.
The top 5 best Hanukkah gifts: A Hanukkah-scented Homesick candle
A menorah shaped like a dinosaur
A cozy cashmere sweater from Naadam
A funny T-shirt inspired by their favorite Jewish foods
A duo of unisex luxury fragrances Keep reading for 27 of the best Hanukkah gifts anyone will be happy to receive:A candle inspired by holiday delicacies
Homesick Hanukkah Candle, available at Homesick, $29.95
Layered with notes of butter, apple, and potato, this candle will take them back to Hanukkah parties spent celebrating with loved ones, with fresh potato latkes and jelly doughnuts frying. If you want to add some humor, go for the Jewish Christmas option instead. Notes of butter, popcorn, and clove will remind them of their favorite Christmas Eve tradition — Chinese food and a movie — every time they light the candle.
A set of high-quality olive oils
The Alive Duo, available at Brightland, preorder for $74
The fresh flavors of Brightland's quality olive oils are perfect for frying up some latkes (potato pancakes), sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts), and all of the other dishes they enjoy year-round.
A fun menorah
Dinosaur Menorah, available at Etsy, $39
You can't go wrong with some Judaica, especially when it's as fun as this menorah shaped like a dinosaur. In the off-season, it makes for a cute piece of decor.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:The best organic dog treatsThe best board shortsThe best fishing linesSEE ALSO: All of Insider Picks' holiday gift ideas, in one place
< Insider Picks 2019, Life, Hanukkah, Features, Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guides, Gifts, >
- Business Insider 21:57December 12, 2019I bought life insurance after a friend my age died on my birthday, even though my family advised against itkupicoo/Getty Images After a friend died from cancer on my 42nd birthday, I started thinking about life and death — and protecting my loved ones.
I asked my family for their advice on life insurance, and they told me it was smarter to invest in the market since I don't own a home or have kids.
But it's important to me protect my boyfriend in the event of my death, so I bought a life insurance policy anyway. I don't regret it.
Need a life insurance policy? Protect your loved ones today with a quote from Policygenius » I spent the day I turned 42 in or near New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center as my boyfriend's best friend, who I'd become friends with too, succumbed to the disease after a 12-year battle. It was an awful time, watching someone so beloved, with such a big personality, only a year younger than me, go so soon.
That he passed away on my birthday made ponder the big issues, namely life and death. I felt so helpless sitting in that waiting room, because I was. It was heartbreaking, and still is.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Taylor Swift is the world's highest-paid celebrity. Here's how she makes and spends her $360 million.See Also:Here are the best savings accounts right nowYour life insurance beneficiary determines who gets the money upon your death, and your will can't override itWith Haven Life, you may be able to get cheap life insurance in minutes with no medical exam
< Life Insurance, Life insurance before kids, Policygenius, Personal Finance Insider, pfi, more pfi, >
- Business Insider 19:22December 12, 2019Tana Mongeau's Coachella outfit was the top trending female celebrity look on Google in 2019Morgan Lieberman / Getty Images "Tana Mongeau Coachella outfit" was the number one trending search for female celebrity looks in the US in 2019.
Mongeau, like many influencers, attended the festival in April. She made some daring choices, like a tiny star-shaped bikini and a look she called "tomb raider meets slut."
She toned things down the second weekend with an outfit of ripped jeans, a white crop top, and bandana.
Before this year, Mongeau was relatively unknown to the wider public outside of YouTube. But a marriage to Jake Paul, several scandals, and some run-ins with Kylie Jenner have propelled her to stardom.
She and manager, Jordan Worona, also have a knack for turning drama into business.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. According to Google's Year in Search roundup, "Tana Mongeau Coachella outfit" was also the number one trending search term for female celebrity looks in the US in 2019.
Mongeau attended this year's Coachella in May like many other influencers, and she sported several outfits over the two weekends. Her first look was a tiny, black, star-shaped bikini, bejeweled shorts, belt, and boots.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Taylor Swift is the world's highest-paid celebrity. Here's how she makes and spends her $360 million.See Also:I dressed like Boris Johnson for one cursed week, and the Brits were too polite to say anythingA company is hiring a 'sleep intern' with a 'history of falling asleep in class' to snooze for 8 hours a nightKim Kardashian said nobody was there to support Caitlyn Jenner when she was eliminated from a British reality show because the producers didn't contact them
< Tana Mongeau, YouTubers, Coachella, Google Trends, 2019, Fashion, Lifestyle UK, >
- Business Insider 19:19December 12, 2019TLC just announced a reality show about 'mixed-weight' couples called 'Hot and Heavy,' and people are upsetTLC TLC is facing backlash for a new reality show that centers around "mixed-weight" couples.
The show, titled "Hot and Heavy," which does not air until Tuesday, January 7 on TLC, features the relationship trials and tribulations of three couples where the female partners are medically obese.
The negative reaction did not come from two different sized people being together, but rather from the show's execution in using only bigger women as the "heavy" partner.
Other issues raised included the title of the show, the term "mixed-weight," and the channel producing a show that appears to exploit larger people for entertainment.
Visit Insider's homepage for more details. TLC announced a new reality TV show about "mixed-weight" couples on Twitter this week, and even though it's yet to air, it has already sparked outrage.
The backlash is not around two people of different sizes being together, but rather the idea that the production was baiting for negative attention towards these real-life couples and contributing to sexist beauty standards. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: How to find water when you're stuck in the desertSee Also:A company is hiring a 'sleep intern' with a 'history of falling asleep in class' to snooze for 8 hours a nightKendall Jenner asked her ex Harry Styles which of his songs were about her on a special edition of 'Spill Your Guts'Avocados that can stay ripe up for to 6 days are about to go on sale in Europe
< Lifestyle UK, News, Entertainment, TLC, Reality TV, >
- Business Insider 19:00December 12, 2019Airbnb Experiences makes it easy to gift someone a memorable experiential gift — from pizza tours in Brooklyn to surf lessons in MalibuAirbnb/Facebook Giving the gift of an experience is both meaningful and memorable, making it a great choice for the holidays.
Airbnb Experiences offers a curated selection of activities led by local hosts all over the world.
Below, you'll find some examples of great Airbnb Experiences in cities around the globe, all of which make great gifts. Whether you book a pizza tour in their home city or plan a horseback riding adventure for their next vacation, you can't go wrong, especially if you join them.
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out all of our holiday 2019 gift guides for more inspiration. With the holidays right around the corner, you're probably thinking about what to get for the special people in your life. Maybe the new iPhone? A Fitbit? A cool pair of sneakers?
All of those material items still make great gifts, don't get me wrong. But if you really want to give them a gift they won't forget, go for an experience.
Unlike tangible gifts, experiences never really lose their allure. Even once they're in the past, experiences live on as great memories. Even science says the key to happiness isn't a collection of the latest gadgets, but the people and relationships we surround ourselves with.
Don't be intimidated — an experiential gift doesn't need to be a grand gesture or take forever to curate. Airbnb Experiences is the lesser-known section of the vacation rental site. It's home to thousands of unique events, activities, and tours led by local hosts in cities all around the world. And, it's super easy to book through the Airbnb site. If you're looking for a special gift-worthy experience for anyone on your list, Airbnb Experiences is worth checking out.
Below, we've hand-picked some Airbnb Experiences from cities around the world that make great gifts, to give you a sense of what you'll find on the site.
Keep reading for some global inspiration or head straight to Airbnb Experiences to find a unique experience gift in their town.
See 7 Airbnb Experiences to get you started on your search:Stroll and eat pizza in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, United States: "Brooklyn Pizza Walk", from $39 a person
If they want to explore Brooklyn like a true New Yorker, they have to try lots of pizza. This tour will take them to five pizzerias where they'll get to taste different pies and learn what makes New York pizza special.
Explore the music and culture in Havana
Havana, Cuba: "Vinyl Master", from $79 a person
Spend the day learning about the sounds of Cuba with local DJ and music producer, DJ Jigue. They'll go to his home studio to hear some Afro-Cuban music, learn about the genre's roots, and even visit a local vinyl shop to pick up some records to bring home.
Make handmade pasta in Rome
Rome, Italy: "Handmade pasta with grandma", from $97 a person
Nothing beats grandma's home cooking, especially when it's homemade fresh pasta. This class is an authentic way to experience Italian home cooking, complete with pasta-making, wine-drinking, and of course, a lot of eating.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Milk Bar makes and ships some of the best sweet treats around — here's why it's the perfect gift for a sweet tooth26 cool gift ideas from 'Shark Tank' that you can get from Amazon29 high-tech smart home gifts to make your friends and family feel like the Jetsons
< Features, Insider Picks 2019, Life, experiences, AirBnB, Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guide 2019, Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guides, >
- Business Insider 18:42December 12, 2019The Queen once scolded photographer Annie Leibovitz for asking her to remove her tiaraSean Gallup/ Getty Images The Queen once scolded Annie Leibovitz for suggesting she remove her tiara, as seen in the BBC One documentary, "A Year With the Queen."
Her Majesty had her photos taken by Leibovitz during her State Visit to the US in 2007, when the famous photographer asked if they could remove the accessory so the outfit would look "less dressy."
To this, Her Majesty replied: "Less dressy? What do you think this is?"
The monarch also said removing the tiara would mean she would have to go back and tidy her hair in the middle of the shoot.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Queen Elizabeth once scolded world-renowned photographer Annie Leibovitz for asking her to remove her tiara.
The monarch said taking off the accessory meant she would have to go back and tidy her hair during the photo shoot.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicleSee Also:The Queen follows 8 royal Christmas traditions every year, and some of them may surprise youThese are the best Christmas gifts you can buy, according to Meghan MarkleMeghan Markle's 'Deal or No Deal' briefcase from her acting days is expected to sell for up to $6,000 at auction
< Lifestyle UK, Royal Insider, Queen Elizabeth II, Royal Family, Annie Leibovitz, >
- Business Insider 18:31December 12, 2019No one knows where Sri Lanka isTom Murray / INSIDER Google's annual Year in Search roundup has revealed that no one knows where Sri Lanka is.
"Where is Sri Lanka" was the top trending search term of 2019 in the "Where is..." category.
It should be noted that the horrific terrorist bombings that killed 250 people in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday this year undoubtedly contributed to the spike in search traffic.
Since no one seems to know where it is, we thought we'd show you on a map.
And if you don't like maps: It's in the Indian Ocean in South Asia, just southeast of India.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. You don't know where Sri Lanka is.
You might think you do, but you don't. No one does.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: A podiatrist explains heel spurs, the medical condition Trump said earned him a medical deferment from VietnamSee Also:Kendall Jenner asked her ex Harry Styles which of his songs were about her on a special edition of 'Spill Your Guts'Meghan Markle's 'Deal or No Deal' briefcase from her acting days is expected to sell for up to $6,000 at auctionThe Queen follows 8 royal Christmas traditions every year, and some of them may surprise you
< Lifestyle UK, Sri Lanka, Google, >
- Корреспондент.net 18:22December 12, 2019В Индии обнаружили двуглавую кобруВ индийской деревне Экаруки на северо-востоке штата Западная Бенгалия местные жители обнаружили редкую двуглавую моноклевую кобру, пишет Daily Star. Специалисты из департамента лесного хозяйства хотели забрать пресмыкающееся, но селяне, которые уже наделили кобру магической силой, наотрез отказались ее отдавать. Эксперты же подчеркивают, что змеям с такой мутацией сложно выжить в дикой природе. И за такой коброй необходимо присматривать ученым. Отмечается, что моноклевая кобра очень ядовита. Фото: dailystar.co.uk Напомним, что в Таиланде родился двуликий котенок. Также мы писали, что в Индии кот спас детей от кобры и стал звездой. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Business Insider 18:16December 12, 201933 of the most heartwarming, funny, and intimate award-winning wedding images from around the worldInternational Wedding Photographer of the Year/Rafał Donica The winners of The International Wedding Photographer of the Year Awards have been announced.
The images are heartwarming, sad, and funny, and capture all the emotions of a wedding.
This year's overall winning image was taken by wedding photographers Cat and Jeff of The Apartment Photography in Whistler.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The winners of The International Wedding Photographer of the Year Awards have been announced for 2019.
Funny, emotional, and heart-warming, the images are divided up into categories, each of which has a winner and then a series of high-scoring runners-up.
Entries came in from all across the globe, and the winners were selected by an equally international panel of judges for the third instalment of the competition.
See Insider's favorite picks from the high-scoring images, as well as all the winning photos.Grand Winner and Winner: Couple Portrait
International Wedding Photographer of the Year/Jeff Chang
The overall winning image was taken in Whistler, BC, by Canadian destination wedding photographers Cat and Jeff of The Apartment Photography.
"The crazy weather patterns (sunshine, rain, and blustery winds!) didn't stop these two from having the best time ever – they had smiles painted on their faces all weekend long!" the photographers said.
Overall Runner-Up and Winner: Engagement/Non-Wedding
International Wedding Photographer of the Year/Xenia Shabanova
"My idea was to capture the state of mind of both bride and groom before the most important event in their life," said photographer Xenia Shabanova of this image taken by drone the night before the wedding in Estonia.
Winner: Bridal Party
International Wedding Photographer of the Year/Angela Ruscheinski
"This bride didn't hesitate when I encouraged them to shake up this oversized bottle of bubbly," said photographer Angela Ruscheinski of her image, taken in Canada.
"I should have packed a poncho and I smelt like champagne the rest of the day! Any regrets though? None!"
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Mice brawling in a London tube station made for one of the best wildlife photos of the yearThese are the best Christmas gifts you can buy, according to Meghan MarkleKim Kardashian said nobody was there to support Caitlyn Jenner when she was eliminated from a British reality show because the producers didn't contact them
< Features, Weddings, wedding photography, Wedding photos, Photography, Photography Awards, Lifestyle UK, >
- Guardian 18:06December 12, 2019Ronnie Spector: ‘I love #MeToo and Time’s Up – because men’s time is up’With the Ronettes, Spector helped invent rock’n’roll and made Christmas songs soar – but lived in the shadow of her abusive husband Phil. Now 76, she is still touring and recording – between painting and jams with Keith RichardsRonnie Spector is a regular at the Black Angus steakhouse in suburban Danbury, Connecticut. “Hey hon,” says the host, before leading us to a long table in the corner that they save for Spector when she has business to attend to. As the lead singer of the beehived 1960s girl group the Ronettes, Spector helped invent rock’n’roll, and at 76, she still exudes it: teased dark hair, leather jacket, tight jeans and black sunglasses that stay affixed to her made-up face throughout most of our conversation.We are meeting ahead of her Best Christmas Party Ever! tour. Since the Ronettes’ versions of Frosty the Snowman and Sleigh Bells appeared in 1963 on their producer Phil Spector’s album A Christmas Gift for You, Ronnie’s aching voice – a perfect pop storm of innocence and rebellion, grit and glee – has been a ubiquitous seasonal treasure. “My family didn’t have a lot of money when I was little,” she says. But at Christmas her father would take her to watch the ice skaters at New York’s Rockefeller Center, and to see Macy’s ornate window displays of trains and dolls. “I didn’t just like Christmas, like most kids, or even love it,” she explains, her voice peaking with excitement. “I was obsessed!” Continue reading...
< Ronnie Spector, Music, Pop and rock, Phil Spector, Culture, Christmas, Life and style >
- Корреспондент.net 17:45December 12, 2019В Киеве пес нашел кольцо с бриллиантами в куске хлебаКиевлянке ее пес принес кусок хлеба с золотым кольцом внутри. Об этом женщин рассказала на своей странице в Facebook. Жительница Киева Жанна Яременко рассказала в сети, о необычной находке. По ее словам, во время прогулки со спящим в коляске ребенком и собакой, пес принес к ногам хозяйки кусок черного хлеба. Домашний питомец по кличке Арчи начал лаять над своей находкой и тыкать в нее носом. Пес разбудил спящего ребенка, и женщина хотела уйти, но собака начал лаять еще громче. Поведение домашнего питомца удивило хозяйку, поскольку тот якобы вообще не ест хлеб и приучен не есть еду, найденную на улице. Киевлянка решила посмотреть внимательнее на находку пса и разломала хлеб. Cмотрите фотогалерею: В Киеве пес нашел кольцо с бриллиантами в куске хлеба По словам женщины, внутри было золотое кольцо с драгоценными камнями. Работник ломбарда подтвердил, что украшение состоит из желтого золота, со вставками из белого золота, бриллиантами и сапфирами. Киевлянка обещает вернуть находку владельцу, если та сможет предоставить необходимые доказательства того, что украшение действительно принадлежит ей. Также киевлянка отметила, что "верить в магическую силу Facebook". Одна из пользовательниц в комментариях подчеркнула, что женщина, делавшая тесто для хлеба, была без перчаток и с кольцом на пальце. Ранее сообщалось, что в Никополе при ремонте школы нашли письмо из 1927 года, написанное на украинском. Также Корреспондент писал о том, что американец нашел на пляже бутылку с посланием из прошлого века. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Корреспондент.net 17:37December 12, 2019В Германии супруги установили дома 350 елокСупруги Сюзанна и Томас Еромин из немецкого города Ринтель установили мировой рекорд по количеству рождественских елок. Они у себя дома разместили и украсили 350 праздничных деревьев, пишет Rekord-Institut für Deutschland. К рекорду пара начала готовиться еще в сентябре. Каждая елка украшена оригинально, повторяющихся стилей нет. Всего Еромин использовали более 300 гирлянд и 42 тыс. елочных игрушек. Представители Института рекордов Германии вручили супругам соответствующий сертификат. Сюзанна и Томас пообещали через год разместить дома уже полсотни елок. Фото: rekord-institut.org Ранее мы писали, в аэропорту Вильнюса установили елку из запрещенных предметов. Также напомним, что названа самая дорогая в мире рождественская елка, которая оценивается в 14 миллионов долларов. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Business Insider 17:11December 12, 2019I dressed like Boris Johnson for one cursed week, and the Brits were too polite to say anythingChris Young - PA Images via Getty Images & Sarah Elliott UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is known for his messy hair and suits that resemble an unmade bed. Yet his approach to dressing hasn't kept him from advancing in politics.
Just in time for election day, I recreated his worst outfits — from the zip-line look to the swim shorts jogging ensemble — and wore them for a week to see if it would change how I was treated socially and professionally.
Out of classic British politeness, people generally kept their thoughts to themselves or pretended not to notice my sloppy attire.
The experience reinforced my understanding that if I were a woman in politics, I would not get away with adopting Johnson's sloppy approach to fashion.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Boris Johnson was one of the most popular children's Halloween costumes of 2019. Let's unpack this.
Children aged six to 14 based their spookiest looks on an adult who isn't some wacky fictional character, but a leader who doesn't know how to dress for the job. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicleSee Also:Labelling foods with the amount of exercise needed to burn off the calories sends a terrible message about both eating and exercising20 best movie and TV soundtracks of the decade, according to criticsMeghan Markle's 'Deal or No Deal' briefcase from her acting days is expected to sell for up to $6,000 at auction
< Freelancer, UK general election 2019, Boris Johnson, Fashion, UK Politics, Lifestyle UK, Opinion, >
- Форбс 16:31December 12, 2019Дочь главы «Транснефти» запускает образовательную программу в Третьяковской галерее
< ForbesLife >
- Huffington Post UK 16:21December 12, 2019No, I Don't Have A Favourite Child. But I Do Have A 'Primary' One
< uk parents, mums, Dads, Parenting, how to raise a kid, life as a parent, parents, dads, parenting, how-to-raise-a-kid, life-as-a-parent, PARENTS >
- Business Insider 16:11December 12, 2019A Russian slapping champion recently lost for the first time when he was slapped unconscious and sent into a 'mini coma'YouTube / Alexey Safonov A Russian slapping maestro has been slapped unconscious.
Vasiliy Khamotiskiy, a full-time farmer who slaps people in his spare time, won the male slapping championship at an event in Krasnoyarsk earlier this year.
His winning slapping streak was brought to an abrupt end this month, though, as he was hit so hard he face-planted a metal barrel in front of him.
According to RT.com, Khamotiskiy was hospitalized. He said the slap sent him into a "mini coma."
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. A Russian slapping maestro was recently slapped unconscious in a slap sports shocker.
Full-time farmer Vasiliy Khamotiskiy, a 300-pound slapper in his spare time, has attracted internet fame this year for his extraordinary ability to slap people senseless.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 5 things about the NFL that football fans may not knowSee Also:Andy Ruiz Jr. says he lost his world titles to Anthony Joshua because he was undertrained, overweight, and partied for 3 monthsA nervous Anthony Joshua exorcised his New York humiliation by outboxing Andy Ruiz Jr. to win his world titles back in styleTHEN AND NOW: What the world's greatest soccer stars looked like at the start of their careers
< Vasiliy Khamotiskiy, Slapping, slap, Lifestyle UK, >
- Форбс 16:00December 12, 2019Кристальный арт: зачем водочному заводу понадобилось современное искусство
< ForbesLife >
- Business Insider 15:59December 12, 2019Nearly half of influencers think their job impacts their mental health, from body image to facing scrutiny of their integrity and work ethicKELLY WANG / Getty Images Nearly half of influencers have said their work affects their mental health, according to new research from inzpire.me.
350 influencers were asked about their jobs and lifestyles, and 47% felt that working as an influencer impacted their mental health.
"For anyone working as, or alongside, people within the influencer profession, this report will hopefully act as a wake-up call that more needs to be done to address mental health concerns," said inzpire.me COO and cofounder Marie Mostad.
The influencer industry can be very rewarding for those who succeed, but there are also challenges. One major one is the struggle with body image, which the research found affects 32%. Another is the assumption that being an influencer is an easy job.
"Hopefully, by lifting the curtain on the profession we can help provide some understanding and a better appreciation of the creative minds behind the posts, and a better appreciation of the work they do," Mostad said.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Almost half of influencers think their work has affected their mental health, according to new research by inzpire.me.
In a whitepaper released by the company, which matches influencers and brands together, 350 influencers were asked about their jobs and lifestyles. The results showed 47% felt that working as an influencer impacted their mental health.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: A 45-year-long study discovered trends in successful hyper-intelligent childrenSee Also:McDonald's has dropped a merch line that includes a Big Mac bag and socks covered in friesYou can buy rhinestone-bedazzled cans of Coke, Pepsi, and Dr Pepper for $70 a pieceA Michelin-starred chef apologized for posing in a racist photo with staff making slant-eyed gestures
< Influencers, Mental Health, Social Media, Instagram, Lifestyle UK, >
- Форбс 15:58December 12, 2019Время – Hublot. Дзюба и Кержаков запустили обратный отсчет до Евро-2020
< ForbesLife >
- Корреспондент.net 15:44December 12, 2019Диетолог рассказала правду о быстром похуденииЭксперт по питанию Наталья Кошкина считает, что отсутствие в рационе углеводов и сладостей, низкая калорийность и другие жесткие ограничения в еде ни к чему хорошему не приводят. Правду о быстром похудении диетолог раскрыла в своем Instagram-аккаунте. Если худеющий будет жестко себя во всем ограничивать, то это грозит ему замедлением обменных процессов. "При скудном питании довольно быстро организм переходит в режим голодания и перестает тратить энергию. Т.е. вы мало едите, но не худеете. Обидно и бессмысленно", - пояснила эксперт. Также по ее словам, человек, сидящий на экстремальной диете, может потерять мышцы, которые начнут расщепляться вместе с жиром. "А это крайне нежелательно, так как ваши мышцы - крупный потребитель энергии. А объем мышечной массы очень важен с точки зрения снижения веса в долгосрочной перспективе", - рассказала Кошкина. Также, по ее словам, из-за урезанного рациона могут произойти нарушения пищевого поведения. "Похудение должно быть безопасным не только для здоровья, но и для психики. Если у вас есть к этому предрасположенность, то жесткие ограничение запускают механизм. В ряде случаев это не просто нарушения, а РПП (расстройства пищевого поведения, - ред.). А лечение РПП - это психотерапия длительностью не один год", - предупредила диетолог. Она порекомендовала ради быстрого похудения не экспериментировать со своим здоровьем . "Наберитесь терпения: работайте над изменением пищевого поведения, развивайте здоровые привычки и получайте от этого удовольствие", - подытожила Наталья Кошкина. Диетолог рассказала, как быстро и просто похудеть зимой Напомним, что повар похудел на 87 кг из-за кошмарного сна. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Business Insider 15:33December 12, 2019The comic book creator of Thanos said he felt 'violated' when Trump tweeted a video of himself as the Marvel mega-villainScreenshot of Trump War Room Twitter The comic book creator of Thanos has called US President Donald Trump a "pompous fool" after one of his team's Twitter accounts shared a video of the president as the Marvel mega-villain.
"After my initial feeling of being violated, seeing that pompous fool using my creation to stroke his infantile ego, it finally struck me that the leader of my country and the free world actually enjoys comparing himself to a mass murderer," Jim Starlin told The Hollywood Reporter.
Trump's parody tweet showed his head attached to Thanos' body and obliterating a group of Democrats, and was captioned: "House Democrats can push their sham impeachment all they want. President Trump's re-election is inevitable."
It was in response to the House Democrats announcing two articles of impeachment against Trump on Tuesday.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The comic book creator of Thanos has called the US President a "pompous fool" after one of his team's Twitter accounts shared a video of the president as the Marvel mega-villain.
Writer and artist Jim Starlin, who created Thanos in 1973, told The Hollywood Reporter he felt violated after seeing Donald Trump use his creation for his latest campaign.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Behind the scenes with Shepard Smith — the Fox News star who just announced his resignation from the networkSee Also:Hugh Grant slammed Boris Johnson after the UK prime minister parodied an iconic 'Love Actually' scene for his electoral campaignRudy Giuliani's personal communications director is a 20-year-old minor Instagram personality still getting her communications degreeMeghan Markle's 'Deal or No Deal' briefcase from her acting days is expected to sell for up to $6,000 at auction
< Entertainment UK, Lifestyle UK, Donald Trump, Thanos, Marvel, Avengers Endgame, >
- Business Insider 14:57December 12, 2019Harry Styles and James Corden performed a concert with dancers and pyrotechnics on a crosswalk in the middle of LA trafficThe Late Late Show with James Corden / YouTube Harry Styles performs in the middle of Beverly Boulevard in LA with James Corden in a new video for "The Late Late Show."
The pair start by handing out fliers to people in their cars, though Styles' name is misspelled ("Stiles") on them and one is just a photo of Justin Bieber.
Styles performs 30-second versions of "Kiwi," "Lights Up," "Watermelon Sugar," and "Sign of the Times" on the crosswalk while the traffic lights are red.
He's accompanied by a troop of back-up dancers, pyrotechnics, and even hangs from a zip wire to perform "Sign of the Times."
The pair were initially spotted shooting the stunt back in November.
Watch the full performance below.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Youtube Embed: //www.youtube.com/embed/1Y_DzsFXTaQ Width: 800px Height: 450px
Harry Styles is the artist of the decadeSee the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicleSee Also:Kendall Jenner asked her ex Harry Styles which of his songs were about her on a special edition of 'Spill Your Guts'Avocados that can stay ripe up for to 6 days are about to go on sale in EuropeThe Queen follows 8 royal Christmas traditions every year, and some of them may surprise you
< Lifestyle UK, Harry Styles, James Corden, The Late Late Show, Los Angeles, >
- Huffington Post UK 14:35December 12, 2019The 25 Best Restaurants In The UK Outside London, According To Diners
< Food, travel, Food and Drink, Restaurants, food, food-and-drink, restaurants, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Корреспондент.net 14:15December 12, 2019Украина в топ-20 стран по количеству просмотра порноУкраина вошла в топ-20 стран по количеству просмотров порно-видео на сайте Pornhub в 2019 году. Об этом сообщается в блоге сайта. В 2019 году Украина заняла 16 место среди 20 самых активных пользователей. Ниже расположились Таиланд, Россия, Аргентина и Швеция. Страной с наибольшим трафиком на Pornhub остались США, за ними расположилась Япония, Великобритания, Канада, Франция и Германия. Также сообщается, что в 2019 году самым популярным поисковым запросом стал "секс", ранее им был запрос "аниме". Третье место по-прежнему занимает "БДСМ". Ранее сообщалось, что на остановке в центре Киева транслировали порно. Также Корреспондент писал о том, что военный дезертировал и стал актером гей-порно. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Huffington Post UK 14:07December 12, 201918-Year-Old’s ‘Pockets Of Positivity’ Calendar Pays Touching Tribute To Inspirational Teacher
< cancer, school, HumanKind, kindness, Teachers, humankind, teachers, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:56December 12, 2019Johnson’s casual misogyny has kept women out of the election campaign | Zoe WilliamsThe macho imagery has been all diggers and oven-ready Brexits. There’s no room for female Tories to get a look-inDoes Boris Johnson have a problem with women? The Conservative campaign has certainly been very male: Matt Hancock and Michael Gove the most prominent voices besides the prime minister. Liz Truss ranking 65th among media presence of cabinet and shadow cabinet ministers, with a mere 0.2% of appearances.In the interests of fair-mindedness, it should be pointed out that all female Conservatives who are halfway decent – in the sense of stringing effective sentences together that aren’t composed mainly of lies – have left the party. Amber Rudd, Anna Soubry, Nicky Morgan, Justine Greening, all supposedly the faces of the new, caring Cameroonianism, all gone. You could say that to lose a couple was natural wastage, but to lose them all signals that the party had taken a masculinist turn that its female futures couldn’t support. You could say that if the prime minister had any serious commitment to gender diversity, he would have worked harder to keep them, maybe even to the point of brooking some ideological compromises. What you can’t say is that he has a rich pool of female talent in his cabinet to draw from that he’s ignoring. I cannot call it misogyny to keep Priti “52 extra murders a year under Jeremy Corbyn” Patel out of the dead centre of the limelight. The longer she speaks, the greater the risk of her doing a Jacob Rees-Mogg. Continue reading...
< Conservatives, Gender, Women, Life and style, World news, Inequality, General election 2019, Politics, Boris Johnson, UK news >
- Корреспондент.net 13:52December 12, 2019Знаменитости вернули в моду подзабытый аксессуарМировые звезды вернули в моду женский тренд, который был на пике популярности в 2000-х годах. Так, "тряхнули стариной", в частности, певица Бейонсе, супермодель Белла Хадид и бизнесвумен Кайли Дженнер, пишет PageSix. Знаменитости в разное время красовались во время отдыха на пляже с золотыми цепочками на талии. Сначала с этим аксессуаром заметили Бейонсе. Она засветилась с браслетом бренда Luv AJ стоимостью 150 долларов на итальянской Сардинии. Потом с цепочкой на пляже греческого острова Миконос заметили супермодель Беллу Хадид, которая выбрала бриллиантовое украшение за 11,8 тысяч долларов. Посмотреть эту публикацию в Instagram
< LifestyleFashion >
- Корреспондент.net 13:17December 12, 2019Двуликий котенок родился в ТаиландеВ Таиланде в провинции Ратбури появился на свет редкий двуликий котенок, пишет Bangkok Post. Хозяйка персидской кошки 52-летняя Чабапраи Нилпет рассказала, что ее любимица смогла самостоятельно произвести на свет только одного котенка. Поскольку родить остальных у нее не получалось, женщина отправилась с животным в ветеринарную клинику. Там кошке сделали кесарево сечение и извлекли двух котят. У одного малыша оказалось две морды. По словам ветеринара, это очень редкая мутация. Котенок имел проблемы с дыханием, и доктору пришлось проводить ему стимуляцию легких. Сейчас двуликое животное немного окрепло, дышит самостоятельно, но у него не получается сосать молоко матери, поэтому Нилпет кормит его из шприца. "Я назвала его левую мордочку "золото", а правую - "серебро". Я буду очень тщательно заботиться о нем, чтобы он прожил максимально долго, потому что никогда не видела такой диковинной кошки", - рассказала женщина. Котенок с редкой мутацией. Фото: bangkokpost.com В Китае появился первый клонированный кот Также мы писали, что британка ради котят бросила работу – престижную и высокооплачиваемую. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Business Insider 13:12December 12, 2019Mice brawling in a London tube station made for one of the best wildlife photos of the yearSam Rowley / Wildlife Photographer of the Year An amazing photo captures what appears to be mice fighting inside a tube station in London.
The photo was taken by Sam Rowley, and is part of the Natural History Museum in London's Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
The photo is called "Station Squabble."
The public can vote for the photo as part of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year's People's Choice Award.
Voting can be done online, and is open until February 4, 2020.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Unfortunately, fistfights happen from time to time in public places, and metro stations are no exception. However, we usually think of people brawling — not mice.
Yet that appears to be exactly what happened at a tube station in London — and the fight was caught on camera.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 5 things about the NFL that football fans may not knowSee Also:Banksy just made a powerful statement about homelessness by turning a public bench into Santa's sleighA man spent 9 hours cycling an incredibly detailed reindeer image through LondonJazz the orphaned baby giraffe has died with his best friend Hunter the dog by his side
< Lifestyle UK, Animals, London, Mice, Photography, Photos, Wildlife, Nature, UK, >
- Guardian 13:00December 12, 2019What can we learn from a vagina museum?From 12th-century carvings to 90s coy euphemisms, women and their sexual organs have been on a journey, and a new space invites further contemplation. Like: who would wear a pussy pendant?‘There’s nothing wrong with that word: it’s not a dirty word.” Sarah Creed, curator at the Vagina Museum in Camden Market, north London, is ending a story about a gynaecologist friend whose child at nursery was told it was inappropriate to say “vagina”. Obviously I know there is nothing wrong with it. But would I wear a pussy pendant, by the Dutch artist Denise Rosenboom, which are apparently flying off the shelves? Would I have Sam Dawood’s period sculpture in my house? (I can see that this is quite a philistine criterion for appreciating art). Or a model of the vulva, identifying all the parts?A lot of myths are busted in the opening exhibition, titled Muff Busters, at this new museum: what we tend to call the vagina is actually the vulva, for example. There is only one word that describes the whole kit and it was appropriated some centuries ago as an expletive. Discharge is not effluent, it is a sign of self-cleaning. The hymen is not like a wall that you punch through. Most moderately competent feminist adults will know all this, plus, you know, Google. Which is not to say that it doesn’t need saying; rather, that there is something deeper going on here than the correction of an information deficit. Continue reading...
< Women, Life and style, Sexuality, Society, Museums, Culture, Feminism >
- Форбс 12:00December 12, 2019Джунгли зовут. Джек Блэк и Каррен Гиллан о фильме «Джуманджи: Новый уровень»
< ForbesLife >
- Корреспондент.net 11:48December 12, 2019Трансгендер просит сделать ему грудь на головеЖенщина-трансгендер Джолин Доусон захотела вставить в голову два грудных импланта. Об этом девушка рассказала в реалити-шоу Botched. Анонс нового эпизода программы появился на YouTube-канале E! Entertainment. Доусон попросила хирургов вставить ей грудь в голову и сделать семь ринопластик, чтобы быть похожей на куклу из серии Bratz. Страдающий от сексоголизма трансгендер ежедневно делает объемную укладку, чтобы походить на своего виртуального кумира. Как-то Доусон пришла в голову мысль, что можно вставить в голову грудные импланты и "забыть про укладку". Доктора проекта объяснили трансгендеру, что подобная операция станет для него смертельной. Также они призвали не ставить на себе опасные для жизни эксперименты. За четыре года Доусон потратила на трансформацию около 200 тысяч австралийских долларов. Трансгендер перенес заместительную гормональную терапию и около 15 операций. Ранее сообщалось, что трансгендер семь лет пробыл женщиной и передумал. Также Корреспондент писал о том, что девушка судится с хирургом из-за большой груди. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Корреспондент.net 11:28December 12, 2019Американец нашел на пляже бутылку с посланием из прошлого векаЖитель американского города Провинстаун, штат Массачусетс, Джошуа Мендес во время прогулки по пляжу нашел бутылку, в которой было письмо, написанное в прошлом веке, сообщает Bangor Daily News. В стеклянной бутылке из-под колы находилась записка, которую написала 11-летняя Дженни Браун. Девочка поставила дату на своем послании - 14 мая 1983 год. Ребенок написал, что живет в маленьком городе Джонспорт. Дженни также указала свой почтовый адрес и попросила того, кто найдет бутылку, отправить ей письмо. Джошуа Мендес хочет найти автора письма и отдать ей ее послание. Ранее сообщалось, что бутылка с запиской и просьбой о помощи спасла жизнь трем людям. Напомним также, что рабочие при ремонте колледжа в стене обнаружили бутылку с запиской, которую написали в 1907 году. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Форбс 10:00December 12, 2019«Аренда, зарплата и фудкост ставят жесткие рамки для мечтателей»: 5 причин не открывать свой ресторан
< ForbesLife >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00December 12, 2019The Scary Ways An All-Nighter Messes With Your Body And Brain
< Health, Sleep, sleep deprivation, health, sleep, sleep-deprivation, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 09:21December 12, 2019Reach ‘peak meat’ by 2030 to tackle climate crisis, say scientistsReducing meat and dairy consumption will cut methane and allow forests to thriveLivestock production needs to reach its peak within the next decade in order to tackle the climate emergency, scientists have warned.They are calling for governments in all but the poorest countries to set a date for “peak meat” because animal agriculture is a significant and fast-growing source of global greenhouse gas emissions. Continue reading...
< The meat industry, Farming, Climate change, Environment, Food, Meat, Food, Food & drink industry, Business, Farm animals, Climate change, Science, Vegetarianism, Veganism, Life and style, Global development, UK news, World news >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 12, 2019How To Pull The Ultimate All-Nighter For The Election Results
< uk politics, Food, wellbeing, Sleep, General election 2019, politics, food, sleep, general-election-2019, LIFE, lifestyle, Politics >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 12, 201912 Holiday Destinations On The HuffPost Team's Radar For 2020
< travel, Travel Destinations, Family Travel, european travel, travel-destinations, family-travel, european-travel, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 12, 2019The Best Christmas 2019 Jumpers For Kids
< Finds, Christmas, how to raise a kid, finds, christmas, how-to-raise-a-kid, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Business Insider 22:58December 11, 2019Your life insurance beneficiary determines who gets the money upon your death, and your will can't override itHero Images/Getty Images Life insurance beneficiaries receive the payout from a life insurance policy.
A will or trust doesn't supersede a life insurance policy. Life insurance beneficiaries are final.
Most life insurance policies make it easy to change or update your beneficiary if you change your mind about who should get the death benefit, for example after a divorce.
Policygenius can help you compare life insurance to find the best coverage for you, at the best price » What is the point of life insurance? To ensure the financial security of your loved ones if you pass away. You choose the person or people who get your life insurance proceeds, but if you don't keep them updated, the results can be catastrophic for your family's money.
If you don't know what a life insurance beneficiary is or want to find out how to avoid a critical mistake, make sure you understand these vital facts about life insurance beneficiaries.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: How to find water when you're stuck in the desertSee Also:With Haven Life, you may be able to get cheap life insurance in minutes with no medical exam7 things to do with your money that will put you light-years ahead of your friendsHaving a baby forced me to confront my mortality, but spending $6.50 a month on life insurance means I don't lose sleep over it
< Life Insurance, Insurance, Estate Planning, Personal Finance Insider, pfi, Policygenius, PFI-XAMP, Personal Finance How To, >
- Business Insider 21:42December 11, 2019Milk Bar makes and ships some of the best sweet treats around — here's why it's the perfect gift for a sweet toothMilk Bar Milk Bar is home to some of the most unique sweet treats around.
The innovative cakes, cookies, and pies are as delicious as they are fun— and they make great gifts for anyone with a sweet tooth.
Milk Bar has an online store where you can buy their treats, cookbooks, and cooking classes. Plus, they ship nationwide in the US.
Check out all of our holiday 2019 gift guides for even more gifting inspiration. Imagine the crazy, sugary confections you dreamed of eating as a child. Those odd, but delicious concoctions that Mom or Dad probably wouldn't even let you create for fear that you'd stay up all night riding a sugar high. Well, now you can actually find these funky creations at Milk Bar (think: cookies filled with marshmallows and corn flakes) — and they're even better than you could have ever imagined.
Inventive, sweet treats are what makes Milk Bar one of the buzziest bakeries around. Christina Tosi— Milk Bar's founder, chef, and creative mastermind— has always put dessert first. Growing up, she had a passion for baking cookies. She fine-tuned her baking skills in culinary school and went on to work for David Chang, helping him create a dessert menu for his empire of Momofuku restaurants. That was the launchpad for what eventually became Milk Bar, now an empire of its own. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:50 unique Secret Santa gifts they'll actually want to keep — all under $2527 gifts for the outdoor lover in your life — including camping, climbing, fishing, and travel gear28 thoughtful and work-appropriate gifts for your boss — all under $50
< Insider Picks 2019, Life, Sweets, Dessert, Chefs, Baking, Cooking, Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guides, >
- Business Insider 21:27December 11, 2019With Haven Life, you may be able to get cheap life insurance in minutes with no medical examkate_sept2004/Getty Images Haven Life is an insurance agency that uses technology to simplify the term life insurance application process.
With Haven Life Instant Term, you may qualify for a fully medically underwritten life insurance policy without taking a medical exam.
Haven Life's term life insurance policies offer up to $3 million worth of coverage and include extra perks like an accelerated death benefit and guaranteed renewability.
Apply for a Haven Life insurance policy today and see if you can get coverage online in minutes » For many of us, buying a life insurance policy will be one of the most important purchases we make in our lives. Unfortunately, it hasn't always been an easy purchase to make.
Today, you can buy most products with a few clicks from your computer. But buying life insurance has traditionally been a more grueling process, often taking weeks to finalize. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Most maps of Louisiana aren't entirely right. Here's what the state really looks like.See Also:Refinancing your car loan can lower your monthly payment, and LendingClub's interest rates start at just 3.99%7 things to do with your money that will put you light-years ahead of your friendsHaving a baby forced me to confront my mortality, but spending $6.50 a month on life insurance means I don't lose sleep over it
< Life Insurance, haven life, Term Life Insurance, Personal Finance Insider, pfi, More PFI Coverage, >
- Business Insider 20:11December 11, 2019These are the best Christmas gifts you can buy, according to Meghan MarkleMarty Melville/ Getty Images, Etsy Meghan Markle's Christmas gift guide from her former lifestyle blog, "The Tig," has recently resurfaced.
The Duchess of Sussex's roundup was certainly versatile, and included everything from perfume and quote bracelets to an Indian spice kit for the foodie in your life.
"So whether you're shopping for your gals, your coworkers, the perfect gift for your guy, or just something special for yourself (you've earned it!), get ready to swipe, click, and tap onto some of the best finds of the season," Markle wrote in 2014.
Scroll down to find some of the best gift options from Markle's list, and where to buy them yourself.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A pair of socks — or four — will never go amiss.
"It's easy to grab another t-shirt for your man — but you'll likely steal it for PJs anyway," Markle wrote. "Instead, give him something creative that he'll actually enjoy like these little gems!"
The former actress suggested the $45 (£34.20) Happy Socks X East Dane Exclusive Gift Box Set, pictured above. Although this range is currently out of stock, you can find a similar set of Happy Socks on Amazon.
For the ladies in your life, perfume is always a thoughtful option. Markle recommends Roses de Chloé.
"We couldn't omit for the ladies in your life!" Markle wrote.
"From swoon-worthy fragrance, classic kicks, a cozy sweater, and our version of a nouveau friendship bracelet, your girls will be plenty pleased with you!"
The fragrance which the duchess suggests, Roses de Chloé, is described as "like thousands of petals from a bouquet of fresh cut roses."
You can buy a 75ml bottle for £66.63 ($87.62) from Amazon.
These matching "You are my sunshine" quote bracelets would make an adorably sentimental mother-daughter gift.
"Maybe it's my love of words in general, but all gifts scripted with phrases either tongue in cheek or inspirational are always high on my holiday wish list," Markle wrote.
You can buy the bracelets on Etsy for £33.23 ($43.70).
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:The Queen follows 8 royal Christmas traditions every year, and some of them may surprise youMeghan Markle's 'Deal or No Deal' briefcase from her acting days is expected to sell for up to $6,000 at auction10 movies and TV shows Hollywood promised us but we're still waiting for
< Features, Lifestyle UK, Royal Insider, Meghan Markle, Royal Family, Christmas, Holiday Gift Guides 2019, Christmas Gift Guide, >
- Business Insider 19:26December 11, 2019Manny Pacquiao's people want no part in a fight with Terence Crawford, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum saysPhotos by Christian Petersen/ Bradley Kanaris / Getty Images Terence Crawford returns to the ring against Egidijus Kavaliauskas on Saturday.
It will be the 36th fight of Crawford's career to date but the pre-fight focus has been on potential future fights against other elite welterweights.
Crawford is represented by the Las Vegas fight firm Top Rank, but has been linked with high-profile bouts with Manny Pacquiao and Errol Spence Jr., both of whom are signed with rival company Premier Boxing Champions.
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has slapped down talk of Crawford fighting either athlete.
He recently told Business Insider that it is unclear when Spence Jr. could actually return to the ring following his high-speed Ferrari crash, and added Pacquiao's people simply don't want the Crawford fight.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Terence Crawford returns to the ring against Egidijus Kavaliauskas at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday, but the pre-fight focus has been on a career-defining fight in the coming years.
Crawford, widely regarded as one of the finest fighters on the planet, has been linked with future bouts against other elite welterweights like Errol Spence Jr. or Manny Pacquiao. Victory over either would help punctuate Crawford's legacy.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 5 things about the NFL that football fans may not knowSee Also:Andy Ruiz Jr. said he ate 'everything' in the build-up to the Anthony Joshua rematch, and everyone from Lennox Lewis to LL Cool J has criticized him for itAn 18-year-old Californian who is already 6-foot-4 scored one of the knockouts of the weekend at the Ruiz Jr. vs. Joshua eventA nervous Anthony Joshua exorcised his New York humiliation by outboxing Andy Ruiz Jr. to win his world titles back in style
< Terence Crawford, Boxing, Lifestyle UK, Bob Arum, Top Rank, Manny Pacquiao, >
- Huffington Post UK 17:39December 11, 2019These Animals In Winter Knits Are What We All Need Right Now
< Christmas, Pets, Animals, Winter, animals of the week, christmas, pets, animals, winter, animals-of-the-week, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Корреспондент.net 16:06December 11, 2019Вор убежал, увидев голую звезду InstagramВооруженный пистолетом вор убежал, увидев полностью обнаженную звезду Instagram. Об этом сообщает портал TMZ. Инцидент произошел в американском городе Чамбли с 29-летней моделью Дани Бэнкс. На видео из камеры наблюдения видно, как мужчина угрожает голой девушке пистолетом. По словам Бэнкс, ее разбудил лай собак. Она не одеваясь спустилась вниз и увидела в квартире постороннего мужчину. Он потребовал от девушки денег. Звезда открыла ему сейф, но он был пуст. Model Danii Banks confronts robber while naked, while the thief was armed and forced her to open an empty safe before shoving her onto her bed and leaving pic.twitter.com/M1YA8yjTZz — SOHH (@sohh) 10 de diciembre de 2019 Тогда грабитель толкнул обнаженную звезду на кровать и убежал. Девушка вызвала полицию, которая застала звезду в истерике. Cмотрите фотогалерею: Вор убежал, увидев голую звезду Instagram Ранее сообщалось, что в Британии обокрали грузовик с секс-игрушками. Также Корреспондент писал о том, что женщина спрятала камеру на груди и была шокирована. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Корреспондент.net 15:52December 11, 2019Ученые выяснили, как правильно открывать банку с пивомУченые провели специальное исследование, в ходе которого установили, что предварительное постукивание по банке с пивом перед открытием не предотвращает выплескивания пены, пишет arXiv.org. Многие любители пива считают, что дабы избежать брызг и пены перед открытием банки, следует по ней слегка постучать пальцем. Сторонники этого лайфхака считают, что пузырьки углекислого газа в напитке при разгерметизации устремляются вверх, образуя пену, а если же постучать по закрытой банке, то все пузырьки соберутся в верхней части и пенообразование будет не таким сильным. Насколько верен этот способ, решили проверить датские ученые из Университета Южной Дании в Оденсе. Для эксперимента было взято 1031 банка пива емкостью 330 миллилитров. Часть банок на пару минут поместили в специальный шейкер, который имитировал езду на велосипеде, а часть банок находилась в покое. Перед тем, как некоторые банки вскрывать, по ним стучали. В итоге все банки разделились на четыре группы: 256 банок не трясли и по ним не стучали, 251 банку трясли, но по ним постукивали, 249 емкостей трясли и не стучали и, наконец, 244 банки и трясли и по ним стучали. До вскрытия и после него каждая емкость с пенным напитком была взвешена. Выяснилось, что те банки, которые предварительно помещали в шейкер, при вскрытии теряли примерно 3,45 грамма жидкости, а те же, которые находились в покое, - всего лишь 0,51 грамм. Специалисты сделали вывод, что постукивание по банкам с пивом перед открытием совершенно не влияет на процесс пенообразования. "Единственный способ избежать потерь и сохранить свое пиво - не торопиться открывать его сразу, если банка подвергалась тряске, а дать ей постоять, а напитку "успокоиться", - констатировали исследователи. Ученые рассказали, как правильно пить пиво Напомним, что в сети прославился пес, который приносит своему хозяину пиво из холодильника. Новости от Корреспондент.net в Telegram. Подписывайтесь на наш канал https://t.me/korrespondentnet
< LifestyleFashion >
- Business Insider 15:52December 11, 2019A recipe website has responded after it went viral for using ground meat in a British mincemeat and apple tartThe Spruce Eats Recipe website The Spruce Eats went viral this week after a Twitter user pointed out the fact that it had confused minced meat and the British Christmas filling of mincemeat.
The finished apple and minced meat tart has been labelled "an abomination" and compared to the scene in "Friends" where Rachel makes an English trifle adding a layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions.
A spokesperson for The Spruce Eats told Insider: "This was an unfortunate, if not hilarious, mix-up by one of our photographers during a recent shoot."
The recipe's headline has now been updated with "Mincemeat and Apple Tart - Now Meat Free!!" and an editor's note to explain what mincemeat is.
Visit Insider's homepage for more details. An American website, The Spruce Eats, published a mincemeat and apple tart recipe alongside "how to" photos which showed minced meat being used in the Christmas-themed dessert instead of mincemeat.
Luke Bailey, Senior Editor at i, drew attention to the hilarious misstep when he posted on Twitter: "utterly obsessed with this American site that has confused mince with mincemeat, and created this abomination," with accompanying screengrabs. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: People are still debating the pink or grey sneaker, 2 years after it went viral. Here's the real color explained.See Also:Avocados that can stay ripe up for to 6 days are about to go on sale in EuropeJazz the orphaned baby giraffe has died with his best friend Hunter the dog by his sideMiss Universe's first openly gay contestant is from a country where same sex relationships are illegal
< Lifestyle UK, Food, Mince Pie, Recipe, >
- Business Insider 15:27December 11, 2019Labelling foods with the amount of exercise needed to burn off the calories sends a terrible message about both eating and exercisingInsider/Rachel Hosie A new study claims obesity rates could be reduced if food items were labelled with the amount of exercise you would need to do to burn them off, but this is a seriously bad idea.
For starters, how many calories you burn during a workout varies a lot depending on the person and how hard you exert yourself.
Moreover, this would reinforce the damaging mindset that exercise is solely about "reversing" food consumption.
We should be encouraging people to exercise for the many benefits it offers, rather than it being seen as punishment for eating.
Visit Insider's homepage for more. It's that time of year again: The season for telling people how many calories they're going to inhale in their festive celebrations — and the "workout equivalent" needed to "offset" what we've all consumed.
And this year, the cheery message has been reinforced by a new study by Loughborough University in the UK, which claims that people would make healthier choices if foods were labelled with the amount of physical activity needed to burn off the number of calories in them.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 5 things about the NFL that football fans may not knowSee Also:Hugh Grant slammed Boris Johnson after the UK prime minister parodied an iconic 'Love Actually' scene for his electoral campaignA man spent 9 hours cycling an incredibly detailed reindeer image through LondonJeffree Star said fans told him to kill himself after he considered restocking a previously 'exclusive' highlighter shade
< Opinion, Calorie burning, Calories, Exercise, Fitness, Health, Lifestyle UK, >