- Flashbak 10:57November 29, 2020Pavel Tchelitchew : Psychedelic Skulls, Spiritual Heads & Interior Landscapes“In each picture is a whole lifetime imprisoned, a whole lifetime of fears, doubts, hopes, and joys. Whither is this lifetime tending? What is the message of the competent artist? … To harmonize the whole is the task of art” – Wassily Kandinsky, Concerning the Spiritual in Art Pavel Tchelitchew (1898, Moscow – … Continue reading "Pavel Tchelitchew : Psychedelic Skulls, Spiritual Heads & Interior Landscapes"
The post Pavel Tchelitchew : Psychedelic Skulls, Spiritual Heads & Interior Landscapes appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1940s, 1950s, Art, Famous Faces, Religion, anatomy, drawings, Gertrude Stein, illustrations, paintings, Pavel Tchelitchew, portraits, spiritualism, surrealism >
- Breitbart News 21:09November 25, 2020NRSC: Don't Let Democrat Jon Ossoff Ruin Thanksgiving — And AmericaThe National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) released an ad on Wednesday, charging that Georgians should not allow Georgia Democrat Senate candidate Jon Ossoff to ruin Thanksgiving and America.
< 2020 Election, Politics, David Perdue, Jon Ossoff, Kelly Loeffler, National Republican Senatorial Committee, NRSC, Thanksgiving >
- Breaking Defense 12:00November 25, 2020Budget Up, French Army Preps For Major Wargames With USAfter decades fighting guerrillas and terrorists, France is refocusing on Russia and China with increased budgets, intensified training, stronger divisions, and new armored vehicles — much like the US. But the French approach is still very different.
< Allies, Land Warfare, armored vehicles, army, AUSA, europe, france, Gen. Michael Delion, great power competition, interoperability, military exercises, military training, NATO, Pacific, SCORPION Synergie du contact renforcé par la polyvalence et l'info valorisation, Warfighter 21-04, wargaming, wheeled vehicles >
- Coindesk 17:00November 20, 2020Y Combinator, Pantera Back $3M Investment in New Crypto Derivatives ExchangeGlobe goes live Friday with the announcement of $3 million in funding from the likes of Pantera Capital, Y Combinator, Tim Draper and others.
< Business, Derivatives, Venture Capital, Exchanges, Y Combinator, Tim Draper, Pantera Capital, Crypto Derivatives >
- The Guardian(UK) 12:14November 16, 2020EU must assert autonomy in face of US-China dominance, says MacronFrench president says US election chance to pursue sovereignty amid rising populismEuropean leaders must not let up on efforts to construct an autonomous bloc that is capable of resisting the duopoly of China and the US, Emmanuel Macron has said in his first extended response to the US presidential election.The French president said the US would only respect Europe if it was sovereign with respect to its own defence, technology and currency. Warning that US values and interests were not quite the same as Europe’s, he said: “It is not tenable that our international policies should be dependent on it or to be trailing behind it.” The same need for independence applied even more to China, he added. Continue reading...
< Emmanuel Macron, European Union, China, US news, Europe, World news, US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Brexit, Nato, Globalisation, Social media >
- Breitbart News 00:18November 16, 2020NRSC: Democrats Raphael Warnock, Jon Ossoff Should Stop 'Inflammatory Language'The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) said in a statement on Sunday that Georgia Senate Democrat candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock should stop their "inflammatory rhetoric" that feeds into increased attacks against conservatives.
< 2020 Election, Politics, David Perdue, Jon Ossoff, Kelly Loeffler, National Republican Senatorial Committee, NSRC, Raphael Warnock >
- Modern Tokyo Times 05:49November 12, 2020Armenia in crisis because of events in Nagorno-Karabakh: Deeds of NATO TurkeyArmenia in crisis because of events in Nagorno-Karabakh: Deeds of NATO Turkey Murad Makhmudov and Lee Jay Walker Modern Tokyo Times The Armenian populated Nagorno-Karabakh region is in shock after recent battleground setbacks in and around this region. Thus the announcement by the leader of Armenia to an agreement with Azerbaijan of ending the conflict […]
< Caucasus, Europe, Geopolitics, Miitary Conflict, NATO, Russian Federation, Terrorism, Crisis in Armenia, Crisis in Nagorno-Karabakh, Erdogan and anti-Armenia meddling, Erdogan is anti-Christian, France and Armenia relations, France and Nagorno-Karabakh, Lee Jay Walker, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, Nagorno-Karabakh tensions, NATO Turkey and Islamists, Terrorism. Tags: Armenia abandoned >
- Breitbart News 20:03November 9, 2020Globalists Salute: Angela Merkel, EU President Hail Future 'Cooperation' With Joe BidenGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel and the President of the European Union Commission, Ursula von der Leyen offered their hands in cooperation to former Vice President Joe Biden after the mainstream media projected him as the winner of the presidential election.
< 2020 Election, London / Europe, Politics, Angela Merkel, Climate Change, Donald Trump, European Union, Germany, globalism, globalist elites, globalist free trade agenda, Globalists, Green New Deal, Joe Biden, NATO, Ursula von der Leyen >
- Observer 18:57November 9, 2020Movie Theaters Lobby for Urgent Aid in Trump’s ‘Lame Duck’ PeriodThe industry wants $15 billion in economic relief—before Biden takes office—to stave off mass closures.
< AMC, box office, Cinemark, Cineworld, Coronavirus, Covid-19, NATO, Regal, Tenet, Wonder Woman 1984 >
- Breitbart News 15:18November 8, 2020'Things Are Going to Get Easier': E.U. Dreams of a Subservient U.S. Under Joe BidenJoe Biden, presumed victor of the 2020 presidential election as accorded by mainstream media outlets, has been cheered on by the European Union (E.U.) which believes he will be diplomatic putty compared to a combative Donald Trump.
< 2020 Election, London / Europe, Politics, diplomacy, Donald Trump, European Union, Joe Biden, NATO, Paris Climate Accord, World Health Organization >
- Breaking Defense 20:00November 5, 2020‘Mission Impossible?’ Interoperability Across Arab StatesEnhancing interoperability across Arab states’ defense systems remains a holy grail that even alliances such as NATO find hard to achieve.
< Allies, Networks / Cyber, Threats, Arab states, bahrain, C4ISR Middle East, Egypt, Gulf Cooperation Council, interoperability, Jordan, Kuwait, Middle East Strategic Alliance (MESA), NATO, Oman, Qatar, saudi arabia, United Arab Emirates >
- Breaking Defense 00:37November 3, 2020On Eve of Election, US Kicks Off Cost Sharing Talks With JapanGiven the deal’s March expiration, and despite the upcoming US election, the State Department’s R. Clarke Cooper said “it’s incumbent upon us and our Japanese counterparts to actually continue to maintain focus on the negotiations now.”
< Allies, Pentagon, China, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, diplomacy, Germany, Indo-Pacific, Japan, NATO, Palau, R. Clarke Cooper, south korea, State Department, taiwan, Trump >
- Business Insider 20:00November 1, 2020How 2 looming elections could determine whether the NATO alliance survivesThe future of NATO over the next decade could hinge on the outcome of two separate elections taking place outside of Europe in the next few days.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, World Politics Review, News Contributor, NATO, 2020 Presidential Election, 2020 election, Georgia, Russia >
- The Guardian(UK) 06:51November 1, 2020Macron criticises Turkey's 'imperial inclinations' as row between countries escalatesIn an interview with al-Jazeera, the French president also tried to calm tensions with the Muslims world over caricatures of the prophet MuhammadThe French president Emmanuel Macron has accused Turkey of adopting a “bellicose” stance towards its NATO allies, saying tensions could ease if his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdoğan showed respect and did not tell lies.In an interview with al-Jazeera broadcast on Saturday,Macron condemned Turkey’s behaviour in Syria, Libya and the Mediterranean and said: “Turkey has a bellicose attitude towards its NATO allies.” Continue reading...
< Emmanuel Macron, France, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Europe, Turkey, Islam, World news, Charlie Hebdo, Religion, Nato >
- Breaking Defense 22:58October 30, 2020Some Democrats Sour On F-35 Sale To UAE“The Trump Administration has made it clear that they’ll put lethal weaponry in just about anyone’s hands without regard to potential loss of life so long as the check clears,” Rep. Eliot Engel says.
< Air Warfare, Congress, Pentagon, Benjamin Netanyahu, f-35 joint strike fighter, Finland, House Foreign Affairs Committee, Israel, NATO, Rep. Eliot Engel, S-400, Sen. Bob Menedez, Sen. Diane Feinstein, Senate Foreign Relations Committ, turkey, UAE >
- Breaking Defense 21:12October 30, 2020Why Those 780 Top National Security Leaders Support BidenSpeaking publicly and in alarming terms about a partisan political issue does not come naturally to retired generals and former senior national security leaders. These public servants, many of them wartime commanders and leaders, are not given to histrionics or hyperbole. So when hundreds (it’s now up to 780) of national security leaders – including 22 retired…
< Allies, Congress, Pentagon, 2020 election, allies, NATO, President Donald Trump, Russia >
- Business Insider 15:44October 29, 202027 biotech execs who've sold the most stockThese are Business Insider's biggest healthcare stories for October 29.
< Healthcare, Dispensed, regeneron, stock sales, Biotech, Y Combinator, UBS >
- Breaking Defense 01:00October 29, 2020Trump Admin Sets Allied Defense Spending Targets, Taiwan Deals Lead Way“If anything, the provocations are coming from Beijing. The bullying behavior…is where the provocateurs lie, not with Taiwan [which is] maintaining its own self defense,” a top State Department official says.
< Allies, Naval Warfare, Pentagon, 2 percent spending target, australia, Boeing, China, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, fms, foreign military sales, japen, lockheed martin, NATO, R. Clarke Cooper, Raytheon, Robert O'Brien, sanctions, taiwan, UK >
- Business Insider 16:00October 27, 2020How this NYC restaurant makes 20,000 dumplings a weekNom Wah Tea Parlor is the oldest dim sum restaurant in Chinatown. To survive the pandemic, the restaurant started making frozen dumplings.
< Retail, Careers, Video, Video, Restaurants, Nom Wah Tea Parlor, Chinatown, New York City Restaurants, NYC chinatown, Dim Sum, Pandemic, COVID-19, coronavirus, Small Business, Edit Series, Amex-edit-video, Resources for Resilience >
- Breaking Defense 18:20October 21, 2020Esper’s New Push For Allies; Gilday Unveils ‘Tech Bridge’ To Royal NavyThe new plan will focus on four areas, “underwater, our carrier programs, our Marines — so working with the US Marine Corps and their drive for distributed warfare — and linking that with what we want to do with our Royal Marines, and the future commando force.” First Sea Lord Adm. Tony Radakin says.
< Allies, Land Warfare, Naval Warfare, Pentagon, Adm. Michael Gilday, aircraft carrier, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, f-35 joint strike fighter, First Sea Lord, HMS Queen Elizabeth, James "Hondo" Geurts, NATO >
- Business Insider 17:30October 21, 2020Tom Cotton is already laying the groundwork in New Hampshire for a 2024 presidential runAhead of a potential 2024 bid, Sen. Tom Cotton spoke with police officers on the dangers of Antifa before meeting influential donors and lawmakers.
< Politics, News, Tom Cotton, Senator, Arkansas, 2020 election, 2024 Elections >
- Breaking Defense 17:30October 19, 2020Trump’s German Withdrawal Plans ‘Extremely Expensive’President Trump proposed re-stationing 11,900 US troops from Germany back in July. The redeployment of some to other European countries, with others coming home produced an avalanche of criticism. Although Defense Secretary Mark Esper tried to put a strategic spin on the moves, the president promptly undermined him. Then, representatives of the administration went before Congress…
< Allies, Pentagon, Threats, Africa Command, Baltic States, Belgium, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, European Command, European Deterrence Initiative, Germany, NATO, Poland, President Trump >
- Business Insider 15:55October 16, 2020Elizabeth Warren demands an investigation into whether elite investors profited from the Trump administration's private warnings about the market impact of COVID-19Elizabeth Warren wants an investigation into elite investors taking advantage of trading following masked concerns of COVID-19 from US officials.
< Politics, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, united states, Politics, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Elizabeth Warren, Senator, White House >
- Modern Tokyo Times 02:11October 15, 2020Turkey increased miliary sales six-fold to Azerbaijan: Nagorno-KarabakhTurkey increased miliary sales six-fold to Azerbaijan: Nagorno-Karabakh Sawako Utsumi and Lee Jay Walker Modern Tokyo Times Military sales by Turkey to Azerbaijan have increased six-fold this year. Alongside this, Turkey is utilizing international Islamist terrorists just like in Northern Syria and more recently Libya. Therefore, the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh – and Turkey’s historical animosity […]
< Balkans, Caucasus, Europe, Geopolitics, Miitary Conflict, NATO, Russian Federation, Terrorism, Erdogan and Ottoman dream, Erdogan and terrorism, Geopolitics of Armenia, Lee Jay Walker, Macron condemns Erdogan, Macron condemns Turkey, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, NATO and terrorism, NATO Turkey and terrorism, Takfiri killers and Turkey, Tokyo news, Turkey and terrorism, Turkey sends terrorists to Libya, Turkey sends terrorists to Nagorno-Karabakh, Turkey supports ISIS >
- Modern Tokyo Times 02:17October 13, 2020Armenian losses mount in Nagorno-Karabakh: NATO Turkey, terrorism, and FranceArmenian losses mount in Nagorno-Karabakh: NATO Turkey, terrorism, and France Kanako Mita and Lee Jay Walker Modern Tokyo Times Under President Erdogan of Turkey, this nation continues to meddle against the Arabic speaking and regional Christian world. It matters not if upsetting Gulf states by supporting Qatar and its role in backing the Muslim Brotherhood, […]
< Balkans, Caucasus, Europe, Geopolitics, Miitary Conflict, NATO, Religious Persecution, Syria, Terrorism, Erdogan and Ottoman dream, Erdogan and terrorism, Geopolitics of Armenia, Lee Jay Walker, Macron condemns Erdogan, Macron condemns Turkey, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, NATO and terrorism, NATO Turkey and terrorism, Takfiri killers and Turkey, Tokyo news, Turkey and terrorism, Turkey sends terrorists to Libya, Turkey sends terrorists to Nagorno-Karabakh, Turkey supports ISIS >
- Breitbart News 03:52October 10, 2020Republicans Target Mark Kelly for His Lies, Ties to ChinaThe National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) released a video on Friday that targeted Arizona Democrat Senate candidate Mark Kelly for lies he told during his debate against incumbent Sen. Martha McSally (R-AR).
< 2020 Election, Politics, Arizona, China, Chinese Communist Party, Mark Kelly, Martha McSally, National Republican Senatorial Committee >
- Breaking Defense 22:48October 9, 2020US OKs F-35s & F-18s For Finland Fighter FightThe new fighters are part of a much larger modernization effort in Helsinki that includes replacing seven retiring guided missile ships with four bleeding edge multirole corvettes.
< Air Warfare, Allies, Congress, Baltic Fleet, Baltic Sea, corvette, Estonia, Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile ESSM, f-35 joint strike fighter, Finland, Finnish Air Force, Finnish fighter competition, Gripen, Israeli Aerospace Industries, Latvia, Lithuania, NATO, Norway, Raytheon, SAAB, torpedo >
- Business Insider 19:41October 9, 2020Russian weapons and proxy fights add to tensions in one of the world's 'most kinetic areas'In southeastern Europe and the Eastern Mediterranean, NATO allies are "gnawing on each other" in simmering disputes over territory and influence.
< Military & Defense, International, Russia, Turkey, S-400, NATO, Mediterranean Sea >
- Business Insider 18:41October 6, 2020European intelligence is gripped by suspicion after a string of arrests of suspected double agents for RussiaIntelligence sources told Insider that suspected spies working in France, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, and Austria have been arrested in the last year.
< Military & Defense, News UK, ni-freelance, NATO, Russia >
- Breaking Defense 19:27October 2, 2020Eye On Africa, Navy’s New Ship Homeports in CreteAs Russian fighters fly in Libya and Turkey steps up operations in the region, the US just put its new sea base capable to surging Marines and commandos ashore into Crete
< Allies, Naval Warfare, 6th Fleet, AH-64 Apache, ESB, EUCOM, europe, Greece, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Libya, Mediterranean, MH-60S, NATO, navy, Russia, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, SOF, Souda Bay, special operations forces, The Expeditionary Sea Base, turkey, USS Hershel “Woody” Williams, USS Lewis B. Puller >
- Business Insider 20:04October 1, 2020NATO insiders believe Trump's tax and debt problems make him vulnerable to blackmail by foreign powers"Everything about his finances smells like blood and we are trained to be sharks," one source told Insider.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, NATO, tax audit, analysis >
- Business Insider 19:40September 29, 2020US Navy ships, subs, and planes are training to meet a new kind of challenge from Russia in the AtlanticRussia's navy doesn't have as many subs as the Soviet navy did, but the ones it has pose a new threat that can strike closer to home.
< Military & Defense, International, Nordic, U.S. Navy, 2nd Fleet, anti-submarine warfare, Russia, Joint Force Command Norfolk, NATO, Atlantic Ocean >
- AdWeek 15:00September 29, 2020Adnatomy: How 3 Worldwide Teams Produced a Pokémon Ad RemotelyHow have brands, agencies and production companies been pivoting to accommodate the new reality of remote production? Adweek's new video series, Adnatomy, explores this question. We're sitting down with the teams behind some of the most interesting ads of the last few months to discuss how commercial production has changed as a result of the...
< Adnatomy, Adweek Video, Life After Lockdown, Life in Quarantine >
- Modern Tokyo Times 14:33September 27, 2020Armenia and Azerbaijan clash over Nagorno-Karabakh: Russia needs to warn TurkeyArmenia and Azerbaijan clash over Nagorno-Karabakh: Russia needs to warn Turkey Murad Makhmudov and Lee Jay Walker Modern Tokyo Times Tensions between Armenia and Azerbaijan over Nagorno-Karabakh are nothing new in recent times. However, with Armenia announcing a general mobilization and imposing martial law, this time the situation appears more dangerous. Both nations have blamed […]
< Caucasus, Europe, Geopolitics, Middle East, Miitary Conflict, NATO, Russian Federation, Terrorism, Aremaia and Azerbaijan clash, Armenia and Azerbaijan clash over Nagorno-Karabakh: Russia needs to warn Turkey, Armenia geopolitics, Azerbaijan geopolitics, Erdogan and terrorism, Geopolitics of the Caucasus, Lee Jay Walker, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, Murad Mahkmudov, Nagorno-Karabakh crisis, NATO Turkey and terrorism, Tokyo news, Turkey and terrorism >
- Business Insider 21:30September 21, 2020Shonda Rhimes is worth at least $135 million, thanks to her #TGIT lineup and a history-making Netflix deal — see how she makes and spends her fortuneShonda Rhimes spends some of her estimated $135 million net worth on vacations for the "Grey's Anatomy" cast and crew and Los Angeles real estate.
< Life, Entertainment, Strategy, Media, BI Select, Arts & Culture, Net Worth, Shonda Rhimes, Grey's Anatomy, Television, Netflix, Features, Hollywood, Hollywood execs, female executives >
- Breaking Defense 23:00September 16, 2020Military AI Coalition Of 13 Countries Meets On EthicsThe Pentagon’s Joint Artificial Intelligence Center convened a dozen foreign partners, ranging from NATO allies to Israel, Japan, Korea, and neutral Finland & Sweden.
< Allies, Networks / Cyber, AI ethics, AI Partnership for Defense, australia, britain, canada, China, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, france, Israel, JAIC, Japan, Joint Artificial Intelligence Center, NATO, Norway, south korea, Sweden >
- Business Insider 17:38September 15, 2020Kodak's $765 million government loan under investigation by same agency that approved deal, report saysThe US International Development Finance Corp's probe joins ongoing investigations by the SEC and congressional committees into the loan.
< Markets, Markets, Kodak, Kodak stock, Kodak stock price, Kodak loan, SEC, Securities and Exchange Commission, sec investigation, SEC probe, Senator Elizabeth Warren, KODK, KODK stock, KODK stock price >
- Breaking Defense 23:53September 14, 2020Details Still Scant On Trump’s German Plans“We are in the planning stages at this point,” Gen. Jeffrey Harrigian, commander, Air Forces in Europe/Africa, told reporters today.
< Air Warfare, Allies, Threats, 480th Fighter Squadron, AFA 2020, Aviano, B-52, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, europe, F-16m Joe Biden, Gen. Jeffrey Harrigian, Gen. John Hyten, NATO, Russia, Spangdahlem Air Base, US Air Forces Europe, USAFE >
- Business Insider 19:05September 10, 2020I went on a food crawl through New York's Chinatown to witness how its restaurants are rebounding after devastating shutdowns — and saw how community is keeping Chinatown deliciousNew York's Chinatown restaurants aren't giving up yet, and they're still serving up a sense of community and an endless array of tasty eats.
< Retail, Features, Fast Food, chain restaurants, Restaurants, Chinatown, Small Business, Coronavirus Business, Pandemic, Chinese food, Asian food, Bubble Tea, Ice cream >
- Huffington Post UK 09:27September 10, 2020Lily Allen’s Wedding To David Harbour Couldn’t Be More Vegas If It Tried
< uk celebrity, weddings, Lily Allen, stranger things, David Harbour, Elvis impersonator, Graceland Wedding Chapel, celebrity, lily-allen, stranger-things, david-harbour, elvis-impersonator, graceland-wedding-chapel, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Business Insider 17:03September 9, 2020B-52 bombers are 'competing every day' over Europe to send a message to Russia, top US Air Force officer saysUS B-52s arrived in the UK in late August for another Bomber Task Force deployment, and since then they've flown from the Arctic to North Africa.
< Military & Defense, International, Nordic, US Air Force, B-52, Bomber Task Force, NATO, Russia >
- Observer 13:30September 5, 2020The Zero-G in ‘Away’ Forced Its Crew Rethink the Nature of Stunt WorkThe show's space boot camp "was basically like doing Pilates for five hours every day," says veteran stunt coordinator Jeff Aro.
< Away, Netflix, Stunt Coordinators >
- Business Insider 08:57September 4, 2020Diplomats worry that Trump will withdraw from NATO if he gets a second term as presidentPresident Donald Trump has privately spoken about withdrawing from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, according to the New York Times.
< News, Politics, Military & Defense, International, Trump, NATO, Withdrawal >
- Breaking Defense 23:54September 3, 2020Norway Expands Key Arctic Port For More US Nuke Sub Visits“The Seawolf deployment, the joint B-52 flights over Norway last month, and our carrier going north of Arctic Circle…all speak to a greater show of US presence in the Arctic/High North,” said Rachel Ellehuus, deputy director of the Europe Program at the Washington-based CSIS.
< Allies, Naval Warfare, Threats, arctic, fast attack submarine, High North, NATO, navy, North Atlantic, Northern Fleet, Norway, nuclear submarines, Russia, Seawolf, submarine >
- Business Insider 00:05August 31, 2020As Trump shakes up the military footprint in Europe, the US and Russia are making moves in the high northMilitary activity is increasing in Europe's high north, while the Trump administration changes the US's military presence elsewhere on the continent.
< Military & Defense, International, Nordic, Norway, NATO, Russia, Arctic, US Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, US Air Force, B-52, USS Roosevelt, USS Seawolf >
- Breaking Defense 17:57August 28, 2020Lessons for the Pacific From The European Deterrence Initiative In the last week, China has fired an array of missiles near the Paracel Islands, clearly intended to shape the attitudes and actions of the United States and our fellow Pacific friends and allies. The U.S Commerce Department has slapped sanctions on two dozen companies involved in China’s illegal destruction of…
< Congress, Pacific, Threats, 2021 NDAA, China, European Defense Initiative, European Reassurance Initiative, Indo-Pacific Command, Indo-Pacific Deterrence Initiative, NATO, op-ed. op-eds. commentary >
- Business Insider 02:00August 27, 2020A simmering crisis between 2 allies could create a new headache for the US in a volatile regionThe dispute isn't new, but tensions are rising, and an armed clash between two NATO allies isn't something the alliance or the US has had faced.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, U.S. Navy, Greece, Turkey, News Contributor, Mildef freelance, Mediterranean Sea, NATO, analysis >
- Business Insider 16:12August 26, 20207 ways to encourage your employees to take time off during the pandemic — and why you should — according to the CEO of DoodleMany employees feel an unspoken pressure to not take PTO, even if they know they can. Here's how to get them to take vacation and avoid burnout.
< Strategy, Careers, Nordic, Doodle, Renato Profico, Vacation Days, Time off, Business Advice, original contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Breaking Defense 14:01August 26, 2020The Fuzzy Outlines Of Biden’s National Security PoliciesThe first outlines of what a Biden administration’s national security policy and defense budget are coming clear. The good news is that nothing signals a major change in strategy, so deep cuts and radical restructuring are unlikely. The bad news is that the administration’s overwhelming emphasis would be on domestic affairs and there appears to…
< Allies, Congress, Pentagon, 2020 elections, 2020 OCO, arms sales, Biden presidential campaign 2020, Center for Strategic and International Studies, Germany, Joe BIden, Mark Cancian, NATO, op-ed. op-eds. commentary >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:01August 25, 2020Ellwood aims fire at No 10 over tank plan: 'I see no defence strategy'Tory chair of defence committee responds to leaks Challenger 2 to be scrappedTobias Ellwood, the chair of the defence select committee, has accused Downing Street of “an absence of an over arching defence strategy” after leaks that the army was considering mothballing its fleet of tanks without buying a replacement.The senior backbencher – an increasingly vocal critic of Boris Johnson’s government – complained of a lack of transparency at the heart of decision-making as the defence and foreign policy review gears up towards its conclusion in November. Continue reading...
< Defence policy, Politics, UK news, Conservatives, Nato >