- Breitbart News 18:45November 19, 2019Devin Nunes Calls Out Media for Being Democrat Party ‘Puppets’ Who Spread Fake NewsRep. Devin Nunes said at an impeachment hearing on Tuesday that the media are Democrat puppets that perpetuate fake news about Trump.
< Media, Politics, Buzzfeed, CNN, Devin Nunes, Donad Trump, fake news, New York Magazine, New York Times, Russia, Russian hoax, Slate, The Guardian, Ukraine >
- The Guardian 10:00November 18, 2019New York Times editor says Trump has put his reporters’ lives at riskDean Baquet decries abuse of journalists and defends not calling president racistThe executive editor of the New York Times has accused Donald Trump of putting his reporters’ lives at risk by subjecting them to personal abuse and describing them as “enemies of the people”.Dean Baquet, who has led the news outlet during one of the most tumultuous periods in its history, said the US president’s history of verbal attacks on journalists such as the New York Times’s political reporter Maggie Haberman was “appalling” and risked having serious consequences. Continue reading...
< New York Times, US press and publishing, Newspapers, Newspapers & magazines, Donald Trump, US politics, Media, US news, World news >
- Observer 20:13November 12, 2019What Critics Are Saying About Hank Willis Thomas’ Brooklyn Statue, ‘Unity’'Unity' features a muscled arm pointing straight into the sky, and is located near the entrance to the Brooklyn Bridge in downtown Brooklyn.
< Brooklyn Bridge, critical consensus, New York Times, public art, sculpture, Tillary and Adams, Unity >
- Breitbart News 02:51November 12, 2019Only Illegal for Intel IG to Name 'Whistleblower': 'No Overarching' Identity ProtectionThe law does not explicitly prevent anyone other than the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) who received the complaint from outing the identity of the so-called "whistleblower."
< Politics, Eric Ciaramella, Eric Swalwell, Hunter Biden, impeachment, Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, Joe Biden, New York Times, NPR, Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, whistleblower >
- Breitbart News 00:24November 12, 2019Sean Spicer Credits Breitbart Audience for Stay on DWTS: That’s What’s Carrying Me Through'Former White House press secretary and current Dancing with the Stars contestant Sean Spicer credited conservatives across the nation for sustaining his run on the show.
< Entertainment, Politics, Radio, dancing with the stars, DWTS, Hillary Clinton, Hollywood, New York Times, Sean Spicer, triggered >
- Breitbart News 22:05November 11, 2019Cory Booker to Voters: ‘Polls Don't Matter’Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) urged voters on Sunday to support the candidate they like most in the race for the White House and to dismiss polling numbers.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Donald Trump, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, New York Times, polls, Siena College, voters >
- Breitbart News 23:17November 10, 2019NY Times: 'Tidal Wave' of Mass Immigration Hands Virginia to DemocratsA "tidal wave" of mass immigration has "tilt(ed) the field toward the Democrats" in the state of Virginia, the New York Times admits.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, 2020 presidential election, Chain Migration, Democrats, foreign workers, foreign-born population, legal immigration, mass immigration, New York Times, Trump, Virginia >
- Breitbart News 17:53November 10, 2019Pete Buttigieg: The Candidate Democrat Rivals Love to HateSouth Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg is the candidate most hated by his rivals for the Democratic Party's 2020 presidential nomination, according to a profile Saturday by the New York Times.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Mike Pence, New York Times, Pete Buttigieg, Steve Bullock >
- Observer 01:37November 8, 2019Bill Gates on Elizabeth Warren’s Wealth Tax: How Much Money Will I Have Left?"I've paid more than anyone in taxes. If I had to pay $20 billion, it's fine."
< 2020 election, Bill Gates net worth, billionaire, Billionaire tax, Medicare for All, New York Times Dealbook, tax policy >
- Business Insider 18:36November 7, 2019Conservative officials in Florida refused to pay for a library’s subscription to the New York Times, calling it 'fake news.' Experts say they may have violated the First AmendmentLibrary officials in Citrus County Florida asked their local representatives to approve a $2,657 pending measure that would give all library cardholders digital access to the New York Times. The commissioners rejected the measure and called the NYT "fake news."
In a meeting first reported on by the Citrus County Chronicle, the board of commissioners asked why the digital subscriptions were necessary and then ultimately rejected in on clear partisan lines, citing their support for President Donald Trump.
The board said the subscription, which would have provided free digital access for 70,000 library cardholders, wasn't necessary because each of the four libraries in the county had access to one physical copy each.
Local residents spoke out angrily against the decision.
Deborah-Caldwell Stone, the Director of the Office for Intellectual Freedom at the American Library Association, told Insider that the board of commissioners decision, based on political grounds, undermines the primary function of libraries as disseminators of information.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. A Florida County board of commissioners office is facing fierce community backlash and potential First Amendment violations after it refused to sign off on a local library's request to provide all of its library cardholders with free digital subscriptions to the New York Times. The commissioners justified the decision by claiming the prestigious paper was "fake news."
The county's decision to restrict one of the world's most subscribed to sources from ten of thousands of Citrus County Floridians comes less than two weeks after President Donald Trump announced the White House would no longer subscribe to print copies of the New York Times or Washington Post. Both local residents and national librarian advocates have fiercely spoken out against the measure, which they view as a partisan attack on information at the expense of local residents. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicleSee Also:The Thai cave where 12 boys and their soccer coach were trapped for 17 days has now reopened as a tourist attraction‘Prosperity gospel’ pastor Paula White, who believes wealth is a sign of spiritual virtue, joined Trump's administration amid mounting criticism from religious groupsA Louisiana woman has been arrested for selling $20 fake doctor's notes to students trying to skip class
< News, New York Times, Fake news, Newspapers, Conservatives, Florida, >
- Breitbart News 02:54November 7, 2019Bill Taylor Cites NYT as Sole Source for His Claim Trump Wanted Ukraine to Launch Probe to Get Dirt on BidenU.S. diplomat Bill Taylor, during his deposition last month, identified the New York Times as the sole source of his claim that President Donald Trump wanted Ukraine to help him get dirt on Joe Biden.
< Politics, Bill Taylor, Burisma, donal trump, Hunter Biden, impeachment, Joe Biden, Kurt Volker, Lee Zeldin, New York Times, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 01:40November 6, 2019NY Times Poll: Conservative Biden Voters Want Less Legal ImmigrationFormer Vice President Joe Biden's most conservative supporters say by a majority that they want fewer legal immigrants admitted to the United States every year to reduce foreign competition in the workforce.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, 2020 presidential election, Joe Biden, legal immigration, mass immigration, New York Times, poll, President Trump, RAISE Act, working class >
- New York Magazine 23:16November 5, 2019Good Pollsters Don’t Always AgreeTwo wildly varying takes on how 2020 is shaping up have been released this week by New York Times/Siena and ABC/Washington Post. Both outlets have just been given the rare A+ rating by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight. Using polling averages is best.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, elizabeth warren, bernie sanders, new york times/siena, abc/washington post, polls >
- Breitbart News 18:44November 4, 2019Nolte: 2020 Swing State Polls Show Why the Media Want Trump ImpeachedA round of swing state polling from the far-left New York Times explains why the establishment media are so desperate to see President Trump impeached.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, John Nolte, New York Times, polling, swing states >
- Business Insider 23:12November 3, 2019In the European Union, farming subsidies have enriched those in power and created an 'agricultural mafia'REUTERS/Laszlo Balogh Europe's farm program is one of the largest subsidy programs in the world and pays out $65 billion to support farmers and rural communities. It's being taken advantage of by a group of powerful political patrons and oligarchs, the New York Times reported.
Shady deals with the Hungarian government have enriched a powerful few, according to the report. The subsidy program is up to be renewed this year, but change will be difficult.
Read more on Business Insider. Europe's farm program, which pays out $65 billion in subsidies to support farmers and rural communities, is being taken advantage of by group of land barons across the 28 country bloc, the New York Times reports.
Selam Gebrekidan, Matt Apuzzo, and Benjamin Novak investigated the system for nine months and found that a majority of farming subsidies go to a group of "oligarchs and political patrons" that have deals with the Hungarian government. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's how to escape a flooding vehicleSee Also:People are obsessed with buying their cars through Costco instead of at auto dealerships — these are the biggest differences between the twoInside the world's largest plane, which has a wingspan longer than a football field and a mysterious new ownerThe 16 most bizarre things Elon Musk has said he believes
< The New York Times, Hungary, Farming, Europe, European Union, Farm program, EU Farm Program, Farm Subsidies, >
- Breitbart News 19:59November 1, 2019Nolte: Ukraine Scandal Drags Joe Biden Down to Fourth Place in IowaWhile the corrupt media were hoping to wipe out Trump with Ukraine, all that's happened is that those torpedoes have severely damaged the Democrat who had the best chance of defeating Trump.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary, Donald Trump, Iowa, Joe Biden, John Nolte, New York Times, poll, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 16:34October 31, 2019How The New York Times is madeQueens printing plant produces 41% of the publication's daily papers.
80,000 copies of the paper are printed every hour.
We got a peek behind the scenes to learn the paper is made.
Visit INSIDER's homepage for more stories. Following is a transcript of the video.
This 10-mile-long roll of newsprint paper alone will soon turn into 30,000 copies of The New York Times that will be on the newsstands and doorsteps of thousands of people in about five hours. It's 10 p.m. in the College Point neighborhood of Queens, New York, and the shift has just started for the workers at this printing plant who will meticulously work through the early morning until 3 a.m. to print one of the most respected journalistic publications in the world. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Casual eateries serving hot dogs and 'tropical juices' are all over New York, but Papaya King is the original, still serving the combo todayHow Zippo lighters are madeThe best cheeseburger in LA sells out every weekend
< Video, INSIDER, INSIDER video, Design, the making of, How it's made, INSIDER for Syndication, The New York Times, >
- Breitbart News 03:47October 31, 2019New York Times Upshot/Siena College Poll: Majority of Voters Oppose Impeachment and Removal in BattlegroundsA New York Times Upshot/Siena College Poll shows residents of six battleground states oppose impeaching and removing Trump from office by a 52% to 44% margin,but support the House impeachment inquiry by a 51% to 44% margin.
< Politics, Arizona, Florida, impeachment, New York Times, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, poll, Siena College, Wisconsin >
- Business Insider 22:16October 30, 2019Facebook's head of news defends the company's decision to include sites like Breitbart in its curated News section: 'I will always stand by their right to express their views' (FB)Drew Angerer/Getty Images Facebook's head of news partnerships, Campbell Brown, defended Facebook's choice to include sites like Breitbart in its new News tab in a Facebook post on Wednesday.
"We should include content from ideological publishers on both the left and the right — as long as that content meets our integrity standards for misinformation," she wrote. "All the content on Facebook News today meets those standards."
Facebook revealed its News section last week, where a curated selection of news is featured from a Facebook-selected group of around 200 publications. Immediately after announcing as much, critics called out some of the publications selected for inclusion.
Breitbart News has been a particular point of contention — its former executive chairman, Steve Bannon, once described Breitbart as "the platform for the alt-right."
Business Insider is a partner in the Facebook News program.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Facebook's head of news partnerships, Campbell Brown, is defending the company's decision to include sites like Breitbart News in Facebook's recently announced News tab.
"I believe that in building out a destination for news on Facebook, we should include content from ideological publishers on both the left and the right — as long as that content meets our integrity standards for misinformation," Campbell wrote in a public Facebook post on Wednesday. "All the content on Facebook News today meets those standards."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 8 weird robots NASA wants to send to spaceSee Also:Facebook's News boss blasted journalists calling for the company to 'police' speech in political adsHundreds of Facebook employees call on Mark Zuckerberg to change the social network's controversial rules on political adsPro-Trump Facebook ads falsely told thousands of people they needed to register to vote in order to gather their informationSEE ALSO: Facebook's News boss blasted journalists calling for the company to 'police' speech in political ads
< Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Campbell Brown, Politics, Journalism, Advertising, Political ads, political advertising, Breitbart, salon, The New York Times, Media, Ads, Free Speech, Speech, Political Speech, FB >
- Breitbart News 06:27October 29, 2019New 'Impeachment Inquiry' Star Witness Admits Protecting the 'Interagency'Alexander Vindman's concern for the "consensus views of the interagency" on Ukraine informed his approach to the president's call with Zelensky.
< Media, National Security, Politics, Adam Schiff, Alexander Vindman, Deep State, House Intelligence Committee, impeachment inquiry, national security council, New York Times, Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky >
- Breitbart News 20:13October 24, 2019Exclusive — Fake News Echo Chamber: New York Times Prints Lies by Adam Schiff Witness Made in Secret TestimonyThe New York Times on Wednesday published what would have been a major story on White House National Security Council (NSC) aide Kash Patel—if only it had been true.
< Politics, Adam Goldman, Adam Schiff, Donald Trump, Fiona Hill, House Intelligence Committee, impeachment, impeachment inquiry, Julian Barnes, Kash Patel, New York Times, Nicholas Fandos, Rudy Giuliani, Russia, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 19:10October 24, 2019Linda Tripp: Same Media that Silenced Me Now Glorifying Fake WhistleblowersWhere is the courage? You sure won’t find it within the “Resistance.” In September of 2018, we were treated to a rather incongruous Op-Ed by “Anonymous,” published in, of all places, the venerable New York Times.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Linda Tripp, media, New York Times, Russian collusion, whistleblower, White House >
- Breitbart News 22:14October 23, 2019Who is William Taylor? Impeachment Star Witness Has Long Relationship with Burisma-Backed Think TankU.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor, who provided key testimony to the Democrats’ controversial impeachment inquiry yesterday, has evidenced a close relationship with the Atlantic Council think tank, even writing Ukraine policy pieces with the organization’s director.
< 2020 Election, National Security, Politics, Adam Schiff, Atlantic Council, Barack Obama, Bill Taylor, Burisma Holdings, CNN, Congress, Donald Trump, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, New York Times, Russia, Senate, Ukraine, Washington Post, White House >
- Breitbart News 21:58October 23, 2019Reports: Hillary Clinton Has Yet to Rule Out a 2020 Presidential BidRumors of Hillary Clinton's consideration of a 2020 bid intensified this week following reports from the New York Times and Washington Post, which signified that the failed presidential candidate has not ruled out jumping in the race.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Democrat Party, Democrats, Establishment, Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Michael Bloomberg, New York Times, Washington Post >
- Breitbart News 05:35October 23, 2019New York Times Editorial Board Member: 'Trump Is Right: The Deep State Is Alive and Well'Liberals have scoffed at Trump's claim of a "deep state" undermining him, but the New York Times admitted the "deep state is alive and well."
< 2020 Election, Politics, anonymous senior White House official, Deep State, impeach, impeachment, New York Times, whistleblower >
- New York Magazine 20:15October 22, 2019White House Says It Won’t Renew Subscriptions to Times and PostDonald Trump told Sean Hannity that the White House will “terminate” its subscriptions to the Times and Post.
< donald trump, newspapers, new york times, washington post, the media >
- Business Insider 19:52October 22, 2019Trump is getting rid of the White House's subscriptions to The New York Times and The Washington PostJoel Page/Reuters President Donald Trump is canceling the White House's subscriptions to The Washington Post and The New York Times, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham confirmed to reporters on Tuesday.
Trump told Fox News prime time host Sean Hannity on Monday night that he doesn't want the two papers in the White House anymore.
Trump, who has regularly disparaged the two leading newspapers, said the outlets were "fake."
"All these people for doing it from the New York Times, which is a fake newspaper — we don't even want it in the White House anymore," Trump told Hannity.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. President Donald Trump is canceling the White House's subscriptions to The Washington Post and The New York Times, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham confirmed to reporters on Tuesday.
Trump told Fox News prime time host Sean Hannity on Monday night that he doesn't want the two papers in the White House anymore. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec explains what makes America greatSee Also:Mick Mulvaney says Trump 'still considers himself to be in the hospitality business' even though he's presidentTrump's 'red wall' against impeachment is looking less stable after 2 GOP senators said they were waveringThe reason Trump dropped his Florida resort as the next G7 venue is the opposite to the one he tweetedSEE ALSO: The 25 women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct
< Donald Trump, President Donald Trump, Newspaper, The New York Times, The Washington Post, >
- Breitbart News 18:27October 22, 2019Democrats Hopeful for 'White Knight' to Enter 2020 Presidential RaceNone of the current candidates seem to have what it takes to defeat President Trump in 2020, according to Democrat donors.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Pre-Viral, 2020, 2020 Presidential Race, Bernie Sanders, candidate, David Axelrod, Democrats, Donald Trump, Julian Castro, New York Times, Tulsi Gabbard >
- Roem 13:09October 21, 2019Расставляем медиасферу по полочкам с Александром Амзиным: подкаст Юрия Синодова и Маши ГеоргиевскойАлександр Амзин рассказывает о том, как The Bell помог клуб его читателей, почему СМИ надо отходить от классических моделей и по какому пути могут развиваться их способы дохода..
< Кейсы, Медиа, Текучка, Facebook, O2O, SMI2, The Bell, The New York Times Company / NYT, TheQuestion, WSJ, YouTube, Александр Амзин, Аналитика, Баннерная реклама, ВКонтакте, Доверие к соцсетям, Елизавета Осетинская, Интервью, Интернет-реклама, Краудфандинг, Ксения Болецкая, Маша Георгиевская, Нативная реклама, Новости, Новостные агрегаторы, Одноклассники, Онлайн-медиа, Платный контент, Подкастинг, СМИ, Соцсети, Статистика, Стратегия, Эффективность бизнеса, Юрий Синодов, Яндекс >
- Breitbart News 00:07October 21, 2019Nancy Kaufman: Tulsi Gabbard Rises Above Corporate Media SmearsIt is amazing how far the corporate media and the party establishment will go in their attempt to stop Tulsi Gabbard.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, CNN, Democratic National Committee, Hillary Clinton, New York Times, Tulsi Gabbard >
- Breitbart News 23:58October 18, 2019Tulsi Gabbard Rips Hillary Clinton: 'Queen of Warmongers'Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) called former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton the "queen of warmongers" on Friday, blaming Clinton for orchestrating recent smears against her in the mainstream media.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, 2020 Democratic primary, Hillary Clinton, Iraq War, Libya, New York Times, Russia, russia conspiracy theory, Tulsi Gabbard >
- Breitbart News 18:33October 18, 2019Clinton Takes Veiled Shot at Gabbard: ‘She’s the Favorite of the Russians’ to Run Third-PartyFormer Secretary of State Hillary Clinton took a veiled shot at Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) on Friday, alleging the congresswoman was being groomed by Russia to be a third-party candidate in 2020.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary, Bashar al-Assad, Democrat debate, Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein, New York Times, Russia, Syria, Tulsi Gabbard >
- Breitbart News 09:09October 18, 2019Admiral McRaven in NYT: Remove Trump from Office 'The Sooner, the Better'Retired Admiral William McRaven has published an op-ed in Friday's New York Times titled, "Our Republic Is Under Attack From the President," urging that Trump be removed from office -- "the sooner, the better."
< Media, National Security, Politics, impeachment, military coup, New York Times, UCMJ, William McRaven >
- Breitbart News 22:41October 17, 2019Document: Adam Schiff Staffer Met with Impeachment Witness on Ukraine TripItinerary for a trip to Ukraine in August organized by the Atlantic Council think tank reveals that a staffer on Rep. Adam Schiff’s House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence held a meeting during the trip with acting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Bill Taylor, now a key witness for Democrats pursuing impeachment.
< Crime, National Security, Politics, Adam Schiff, Atlantic Council, Donald Trump, George Soros, Google, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, New York Times, Open Society Foundations, Volodymyr Zelensky, Washington Post, White House >
- Business Insider 20:23October 17, 2019Researchers from Columbia and Rutgers crunched the data and found no bias from The New York Times in its Trump coverageMainstream media outlets, including notably The New York Times, have faced accusations of bias from conservatives like President Trump as the partisan climate in US politics has heated up.
A team of academic researchers from Columbia University and Rutgers University tried to ascertain, from a quantitative perspective, whether The New York Times exhibited any bias in its coverage.
After comparing Times articles to Reuters articles on the same topic, the researchers did not find any signs of bias.
Even when it came to reporting on Trump, the study concluded the difference between Times articles and Reuters articles was not significant enough to indicate bias.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Mainstream media outlets have faced loud accusations of bias as the partisanship in the political climate in the US has heated up — prominently from President Trump — and perhaps none more than The New York Times.
That's why a team of researchers from Columbia University and Rutgers University decided to puncture through the speculation by quantitatively measuring New York Times reporting to see if the outlet has any discernible bias, especially when it came to Trump.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: How to choose between IMAX, 3D, and Dolby Cinema at the movie theaterSee Also:The hardest colleges and universities to get into in every stateA tech billionaire's $100 million Palo Alto home set the record for the most expensive Bay Area listing in a decade in 2018. Now it's taken a $50 million price cut.Today is National Dictionary Day — here are the 10 most confusing words in the English language, according to Merriam-WebsterSEE ALSO: New York Times publisher says they were alerted that Trump administration couldn’t be relied on to protect journalist on the verge of arrest in Egypt
< The New York Times, Reuters, Trump, Media Bias, Research, >
- Breitbart News 03:37October 17, 2019Breitbart #1 in Share of Voice on Social Media, Edging Out Fox NewsBreitbart News was the #1 in "share of voice" on social media during last night's Democrat debate.
< Tech, Breitbart News, CNN, Democrat debate, New York Times, Social Media >
- Breitbart News 07:13October 16, 2019CNN Gives Elizabeth Warren Most Speaking Time in Presidential DebateCNN gave Warren the most speaking time during the Democratic presidential debate, a total of 23 minutes, easily outdistancing rival Joe Biden, who spoke for 16 1/2 minutes.
< Media, Politics, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary, CNN, Democrat debate, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, New York Times >
- Breitbart News 06:37October 16, 2019CNN, New York Times Fail to Ask About China, Hong Kong in Democrat DebateModerators from CNN and the New York Times, the hosts of Tuesday night's Democrat debate, failed to ask a single question about China or Hong Kong from the twelve presidential hopefuls onstage in the course of three hours.
< 2020 Election, Media, National Security, China, CNN, Democrat debate, Hong Kong, New York Times >
- Breitbart News 06:17October 16, 2019CNN, New York Times Fail to Ask a Single Immigration Question to 2020 DemocratsCNN and the New York Times failed to ask a single immigration-related question to 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidates during the fourth Democrat debate.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, 2020 Democrats, Bernie Sanders, CNN, Democrat debate, Elizabeth Warren, illegal immigration, independents, Joe Biden, mass immigration, New York Times, Southern Border, swing voters, U.S.-Mexico border >
- New York Magazine 04:49October 16, 2019Andrew Cuomo Says ‘N—-’ On The Radio, Still Unclear WhyAndrew Cuomo, governor of New York, used a racial slur on a radio show while describing a New York Times op-ed about Italians and black people that had nothing to do with what he was discussing.
< racism, andrew cuomo, italian americans, new york times, medicaid, politics, radio >
- Breitbart News 02:34October 16, 2019***Live Updates*** Democrats Debate in OhioTwelve presidential candidates will debate in Westerville, Ohio, on Tuesday evening. Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke, Cory Booker, Julian Castro, Tulsi Gabbard, Tom Steyer, and Amy Klobuchar will be on stage at Otterbein University. CNN anchors Anderson Cooper and Erin Burnett will moderate the debate with New York Times Editor Marc Lacey. Stay tuned to Breitbart News for live updates. All times eastern.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Amy Klobuchar, Anderson Cooper, Andrew Yang, Bernie Sanders, CNN, Cory Booker, Democrat debate, Elizabeth Warren, Erin Burnett, Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Marc Lacey, New York Times, Pete Buttigieg, Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke, Tom Steyer, Tulsi Gabbard >
- New York Magazine 03:00October 15, 2019Why Impeachment Is a Difficult Debate Topic for DemocratsDemocrats are usually eager to discuss Trump’s troubles, and the topic will certainly come up in the fourth Democratic debate. But it will be tricky to discuss, as the field includes potential Senate jurors, Joe Biden, and his rivals.
< politics, vision 2020, democratic debates, ohio, cnn, new york times, impeachment, senate trial, elizabeth warren, joe biden, tulsi gabbard, donald trump, bill clinton, mitch mcconnell >
- Business Insider 02:40October 14, 2019US forces reportedly leave dozens of 'high value' ISIS prisoners behind as they begin to pull out of northern SyriaDELIL SOULEIMAN/AFP via Getty Images Violent chaos has engulfed northeastern Syria amid a Turkish invasion after President Donald Trump ordered US troops out of the region and away from Kurdish allies that have fought alongside US forces for years.
The New York Times reported that after Trump's decision, American military forces were unable to complete a transfer of "about five dozen 'high value' Islamic State detainees."
According to the Times, hundreds of Islamic State sympathizers were also able to escape a low-security detention camp in the region as Kurdish forces guarding the facility pivoted to fend off the Turkish attack.
Last week, Trump claimed that the US had moved some of the "most dangerous" ISIS prisoners in Syria but did not provide further details.
A US official told CNN earlier Sunday that the chaos on the ground in Syria means the US campaign to defeat ISIS in the country is "over for now," and that the US policy in the region "has failed."
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Violent chaos topped off the fifth day of a Turkish invasion in northeastern Syria after President Donald Trump ordered US troops out of the region and away from Kurdish allies that have been fighting alongside the US for years.
American military forces could not transfer "about five dozen 'high value' Islamic State detainees" out of Kurdish-run facilities before the withdrawal was announced, two American officials told The New York Times.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Detroit's gentrification is its compromise for economic recoverySee Also:The US shared intelligence with Turkey that may have helped it target the Kurds in SyriaTrump's latest tweets on Syria show he has absolutely no plan to help the Kurds as Turkey boasts about killing over 100 of themTrump's Syria retreat is a massive break from post-9/11 RepublicanismSEE ALSO: The US is preparing to pull its remaining 1,000 troops out of northern Syria as the Turkish offensive against the Kurds moves forward
< Syria, Isis, New York Times, Turkey, Kurds, >
- Breitbart News 01:55October 14, 2019Media Begin to Acknowledge: Some Kurdish Forces Are a ProblemThe mainstream media have begun to acknowledge that some Kurdish forces in the Turkey-Syria border region are a legitimate national security concern for Turkey, after a week of criticism of President Donald Trump's withdrawal.
< Media, National Security, Politics, Kurdish, Kurds, Lindsey Graham, New York Times, PKK, Politico, Turkey, YPG >
- Breitbart News 16:55October 13, 2019New York Times Smears Tulsi Gabbard Ahead of Democrat DebateThe New York Times ran a hit piece on Saturday painting Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) as a right-wing extremist, leading her to reiterate a threat to boycott Tuesday's Democrat debate, which the Times is co-sponsoring with CNN.
< 2020 Election, Media, National Security, CNN, Democrat debate, New York Times, Tulsi Gabbard >
- Business Insider 15:36October 13, 2019Inside The New York Times's first, epic food festival, where we saw up close what it's really like to be a professional foodieRachel Askinasi/Insider The New York Times held its first Food Festival on October 5 and 6.
The event was made up of three main features: The Park — a collection of restaurants from around New York City and a Cooking Stage featuring demonstrations.
The Talks — a series of discussions between The Times staff and industry professionals.
The Nights — ticketed dinner events at restaurants all over New York City. We talked with Sam Sifton, food editor at The Times and one of the Food Festival curators, and Melissa Clark, staff reporter and food columnist at The Times, to understand what it took to get this food-filled weekend off the ground and where they see it going in the future.
Sifton told Insider that the festival took just about a year to create and was designed to bring NYT Cooking to life, offering its audience an "IRL experience with the work that we do."
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
There are loads of food festivals happening all year-round all over the country. But on the first weekend of October 2019, The New York Times hosted its very first one.
The New York Times Food Festival took over Manhattan's Bryant Park ...
... featuring tents filled with what The Times editors and reporters think are some of New York City's best food offerings.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:11 common mistakes that are ruining your cheesesThe 25 best US cities for foodiesInside one of the most mysterious mansions in California, which is said to be haunted by the eccentric heiress who built it and features staircases and doors that lead to nowhere
< Features, Visual Slideshow, Food, Food festivals, New York Times, Food writer, Foodie, Foodies, >
- Breitbart News 21:46October 12, 2019‘Whistleblower’ Attorney Devised Scheme for Mueller to Disclose Classified InfoMark S. Zaid, the activist attorney representing the so-called whistleblower at the center of the impeachment movement targeting President Donald Trump, advocated for Robert S. Mueller III to become an anti-Trump whistleblower.
< 2020 Election, Crime, Politics, Congress, Donald Trump, George Soros, Mark Zaid, New York Times, Russia, Senate, Washington Post, Whistleblower Aid, White House >
- Breitbart News 00:29October 11, 2019Biden's 'Broad Campaign' to Silence Coverage of Ukraine Corruption ScandalDemocrat White House hopeful Joe Biden's campaign attempted this week to push the New York Times (NYT), Twitter, and Facebook into extinguishing stories and presidential campaign ads about the Ukraine corruption scandal linked to the former vice president, to no avail.
< London / Europe, Politics, Tech, 2020 Presidential Race, Facebook, Google, Hunter Biden, impeachment, Joe Biden, New York Times, Twitter, Ukraine, Youtube >
- Breitbart News 00:26October 11, 2019Biden Campaign Furious NYT Reported on Biden Corruption Like Breitbart DidJoe Biden's campaign is furious The New York Times is covering how the former vice president's political interests converged with his son's business dealings — a topic Breitbart News has explored extensively.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary, Bohai Harvest RST, Burisma Holdings, Donald Trump, Hunter Biden, impeachment, Joe Biden, New York Times, Peter Schweizer, Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends >
- Business Insider 00:00October 11, 2019Mouth-watering photos show some of the most spectacular and delicious things we ate at The New York Times Food Festival, which showcased NYC's iconic food sceneRachel Askinasi/Insider On the first weekend of October 2019, The New York Times hosted its inaugural Food Festival focused exclusively on NYC's iconic food scene.
As a food and cooking junkie myself, I was absolutely stoked when I heard the news a few months ago, and I knew I had to check out the specially curated lineup of restaurants at The Park.
There were 20 vendors inside a ticketed area of Bryant Park and a total of 50 foods and drinks on offer — I was there for two days and still couldn't try them all.
Instead of trying to taste everything there, I talked to other festivalgoers, festival producers, reporters, and Sam Sifton, one of the event curators and the food editor at The Times, to figure out which dishes I should definitely try and what they thought of some of the ones I couldn't fit in my stomach.
I pushed my culinary boundaries with chicken gizzards, lobster sausage, and Spam corn dogs, and indulged my inner carnivore with a mind-blowing dish of lamb.
Here's a look at some of the food featured at the very first New York Times Food Festival, and where you can find the New York City culinary teams behind each one.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Before I tried anything at The New York Times Food Festival, I talked to Sam Sifton, food editor and one of the curators of the two-day event. I wanted to learn more about the festival itself, and see what dishes he thought were stand-outs.
Mike Cohen for The New York Times
Read more about the festival here.
"The Beatrice Inn is doing a fried chicken, which you would expect, and fried chicken is awesome," he said. "But they're also doing fried gizzards. And for some people, particularly food people it seems to me, that's a particular taste of childhood and it's just an awesome thing to eat."
Mike Cohen for The New York Times
So while I love a good fried chicken sandwich — this wasn't a sandwich but I still would typically have gone for the fried chicken and made my own sandwich with the side of Hawaiian bun and smoked ranch ...
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:10 of the best breakfast foods to get at Trader Joe's, according to chefsI tried the viral Japanese soufflé pancakes people waited 4 hours in line for and they were the best I've ever hadAlec Baldwin says he was tricked into a Statue of Liberty tour that took him to New Jersey. Here are 10 common scams to watch out for when traveling.
< Features, Visual Slideshow, Food, New York Times, Food festivals, New York, Restaurants, Food Festival, tasting, >