- Forbes 01:43November 28, 2020U.S. Passes 13 Million Covid-19 CasesHealth experts warn cases will sharply escalate in the coming weeks due to Thanksgiving.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 01:31November 28, 2020Biden reportedly considering a retired four-star general to lead US military, would be first Black defense secretary if confirmedIf confirmed, Ret. US Army Gen. Lloyd Austin would be the first Black defense secretary for the United States.
< Military & Defense, Politics, News, International, Joe Biden, Defense Secretary, Lloyd Austin >
- Business Insider 01:01November 28, 2020Pope Francis slams anti-lockdown protesters and praises healthcare workers in New York Times op-ed"Looking to the common good is much more than the sum of what is good for individuals," the pope wrote in an NYT opinion column on Thanksgiving.
< Politics, News, Pope Francis, coronavirus, COVID-19, Lockdown >
- Huffington Post UK 00:35November 28, 2020English Hospitals Told To Prepare For Covid Vaccine In 10 Days – Report
< Health, United Kingdom, News, NHS England, Vaccine, the guardian, Pfizer, Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, health, united-kingdom, news, nhs-england, vaccine, the-guardian, pfizer, medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency, NEWS >
- Forbes 23:51November 27, 2020Black Friday 2020: Crowds Down As Online Sales Surge, But Long Lines Still PersistRetailers took steps to reduce in-person crowds Friday amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news >
- Business Insider 23:38November 27, 2020All 11 US airlines are running Black Friday sales, but the meager discounts are just another sign of an industry in crisis — here's the listAmerican Airlines is giving flyers back a portion of their trip in a promo code while Hawaiian Airlines is offering sub-$200 flights to the mainland.
< Transportation, Travel, News, BITranspo, CT Viisual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Airlines, Delta Air lines, American Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Allegiant Air, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, JetBlue airways, alaska airlines, Sun Country, Black Friday, Black Friday 2020, Black Friday deals >
- Business Insider 23:33November 27, 2020Photos show long lines outside stores like Best Buy and GameStop on Black Friday, despite the CDC labelling in-store shopping as a 'higher-risk' activityThe Centers for Disease Control and Prevention classified Black Friday shopping as a "higher-risk" activity, but some shoppers still turned out.
< Retail, News, Features, Black Friday, Black Friday 2020, coronavirus, CDC, Best Buy, PlayStation 5 >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:17November 27, 2020Federal court rejects Trump election lawsuit in PennsylvaniaTrump’s legal team vows to appeal to supreme court after yet another defeat, as judge says claims ‘have no merit’Donald Trump’s legal team suffered yet another defeat in court Friday as a federal appeals court in Philadelphia roundly rejected the campaign’s latest effort to challenge the state’s election results.Trump’s lawyers vowed to appeal to the supreme court despite the Philadelphia judges’ assessment that the “campaign’s claims have no merit”. Continue reading...
< US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Pennsylvania, US news, Trump administration, World news, Rudy Giuliani, US politics >
- Business Insider 23:08November 27, 2020Earth will partially eclipse the Beaver Moon this weekend. Here's what that means.Skywatchers across North America can watch our planet eclipse 83% of the full moon overnight on Sunday.
< Science, News, Features, Moon, full moon, lunar eclipse, Supermoon, blue moon >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:46November 27, 2020Former Great Ormond Street hospital porter admits child sexual abuse over 35 yearsPaul Farrell, 55, has pleaded guilty to 58 child sexual abuse offences starting in 1985A former Great Ormond Street hospital porter has admitted sexual offences against six boys aged as young as six over 35 years.Paul Farrell, 55, has pleaded guilty to 58 child sexual abuse offences carried out between 1985 and 2020, including attempted rape, sexual assault of a child under 13 and making indecent photographs of children. Continue reading...
< UK news >
- Coindesk 22:45November 27, 2020Curve Finance Votes to Disperse $3M in Fees to Governance Token HoldersThe community vote was an exercise in decentralized governance for a protocol not unfamiliar with meeting community demands.
< News, Smart Contracts, Governance, Curve Finance >
- Huffington Post UK 22:25November 27, 2020Here's How Other European Countries Have Decided To Relax Lockdown Over Christmas
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, Lockdown, Europe, Emmanuel Macron, Christmas News, Giuseppe Conte, news, politics, health-news, lockdown, europe, emmanuel-macron, christmas-news, giuseppe-conte, NEWS, Politics >
- Forbes 22:16November 27, 2020Dow 30,000 May Mean Rethinking Retirement; Best Black Friday MovesProspects for a peaceful presidential transition seem to have pleased the market gods with both bitcoin and the Dow soaring during the short market week.
< Newsletters, /newsletters, Newsletters, /newsletters, Money, /money, Personal Finance, /personal-finance, Retirement, /retirement >
- Forbes 21:55November 27, 2020Key States Certified And The Transition Began, But Top Republicans Remain Silent On BidenMore Republicans have reiterated their support for Trump’s legal efforts than congratulated Biden since the GSA authorized the transition.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Election 2020, election-2020, Breaking, breaking-news >
- Huffington Post UK 21:53November 27, 2020Over 1,300 People Wrongly Told They Had Covid Due To Test And Trace Error
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, COVID-19, NHS Test and Trace, Department of Health and Social Care, news, politics, health-news, covid-19, nhs-test-and-trace, department-of-health-and-social-care, NEWS >
- Business Insider 21:41November 27, 2020Roughly 400,000 sailors are stuck on merchant vessels because of COVID, and industry leaders are pleading with Jeff Bezos to step inThe leaders of several major shipping bodies wrote an open letter to Jeff Bezos asking him to intervene on behalf of sailors stuck at sea.
< Transportation, News, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Shipping, ships, Sailors, Cargo Ships, coronavirus, COVID-19 >
- The Independent Feed 21:32November 27, 2020Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke improvised an entire Daenerys speech in a fictional language‘It wasn’t tracking in Valyrian but none of the fans noticed it,’ said the show’s director
< News, TV & Radio, Culture >
- Forbes 21:08November 27, 2020Trump Campaign’s Pennsylvania Lawsuit Fails Again, Court Says Claims ‘Have No Merit’“The Campaign cannot win this lawsuit,” an appeals court judge appointed by Trump said in the ruling.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Election 2020, election-2020, Breaking, breaking-news >
- Business Insider 21:06November 27, 2020S&P 500 ends week at record highs as Biden-transition optimism overshadows virus surgeCboe's VIX, also known as Wall Street's "fear gauge," fell as low as 19.51 on Friday to its lowest level since the pandemic began.
< Markets, Stock market news today, market wrap, stock market news, stock wrap, s&p 500, djia, Dow Jones Industrial Average, Nasdaq Composite, Oil price, crude oil price, bitcoin price, Bitcoin, BTC price, wti crude oil price, West Texas Intermediate oil price, Brent crude oil price, Gold Price, Bitcoin price today, coronavirus recovery, coronavirus economy >
- The Independent Feed 20:59November 27, 2020Law firm ‘inundated’ with calls from students unhappy with tuition fees amid Covid disruptionExclusive: Lawyer receiving ‘significant number’ of calls and emails about refunds and reductions
< Education News, Education >
- Forbes 20:58November 27, 2020Trump U-Turns On Day-Old Promise To Leave White House, Insists Biden ‘Prove’ His Votes Were LegalTrump told reporters on Thanksgiving that he would “certainly” leave the White House if the electoral college elected Biden.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Leadership, /leadership, Innovation, /innovation, Social Media, /social-media, Billionaires, /worlds-billionaires, Election 2020, election-2020, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, Breaking, breaking-news >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:51November 27, 2020Hospitals in England told to prepare for early December Covid vaccine rolloutExclusive: NHS could receive first deliveries of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine as soon as 7 December Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageHospitals have been told to prepare for the rollout of a coronavirus vaccine in as little as 10 days’ time, with NHS workers expected to be front of the queue, the Guardian has learned.NHS bosses said hospitals in England could expect to receive their first deliveries of a vaccine produced by Pfizer/BioNTech as soon as Monday 7 December, with regulatory approval anticipated within days. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, NHS, England, Health, Society, UK news, Hospitals, Health policy, Politics, Public services policy >
- Business Insider 20:41November 27, 2020Photos show just how empty stores are on a Black Friday unlike any otherMany retailers have extended Black Friday sales and shortened store hours to discourage large crowds, as coronavirus continues surge in the US.
< Retail, News, Features, Black Friday 2020, Black Friday, Retail, coronavirus, Social Distancing, COVID-19 >
- The Independent Feed 20:35November 27, 2020There are Christmas Day escapes to Europe on offer than everExclusive: Travellers can depart on a wide range of 25 December flights to the Continent
< News & Advice, Travel >
- Business Insider 20:25November 27, 2020Photos of Macy's nearly empty New York store on Black Friday compared to last year reveals how the coronavirus pandemic has destroyed in-person holiday shoppingMacy's nearly empty store on Black Friday serves as a stark symbol of how the coronavirus pandemic has completely changed shopping in 2020.
< Retail, News, Features, Retail, Black Friday, Macy's, Retail Apocalypse, Big Box >
- Coindesk 20:22November 27, 2020NYT Reports Allegations of ‘Racist or Discriminatory’ Treatment of Employees at CoinbaseThe NYT critique of Coinbase’s internal diversity policies quotes former employees who complain of “racist or discriminatory” treatment.
< News, Coinbase, Diversity, New York Times >
- Business Insider 20:17November 27, 2020Can you use Facebook Portal with Skype? No, but you can use a number of other video-chat platformsYou can't use Skype on any model of the Facebook Portal, but there are other social media and messaging platforms that allow you to use a Portal.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Gadgets (Reference), Smart Home (Reference), Tech How To, Facebook, Facebook Portal, Portal, Portal 2, Skype, Smart Home Devices, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card >
- The Independent Feed 19:42November 27, 2020Two critically endangered wildcats born at Edinburgh ZooKittens, a boy and a girl, will be named in coming weeks
< Home News, UK >
- Business Insider 19:41November 27, 2020Earth is much closer to a supermassive black hole than we thoughtA new map of the Milky Way places Earth closer to the galaxy's center — and the supermassive hole therein, Sagittarius A*.
< Science, News, Space, Black hole, Solar System, Earth >
- Huffington Post UK 19:40November 27, 2020Boris Johnson Dumps Tory Manifesto Pledge Of Superfast Broadband For All By 2025
< uk news, uk politics, boris johnson, government, conservative party, work from home, Spending Review, Internet access, Broadband networks, news, politics, boris-johnson, conservative-party, work-from-home, spending-review, internet-access, broadband-networks, POLITICS >
- Forbes 19:31November 27, 2020Denmark Wants To Exhume ‘Zombie Mink’ Rising From Mass Graves While Scientists Warn Of Permanent Covid-19 Pandemic RiskThe government ordered the culling of 17 million mink after the animals spread a mutant Covid-19 strain to humans that threatened the effectiveness of vaccines in development.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, Leadership, /leadership, Lifestyle, /lifestyle, Style & Beauty, /style-beauty, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 19:19November 27, 2020Iran's top diplomat says there are 'serious indications' Israel was involved in the reported assassination of a top nuclear scientist near Tehran"This cowardice — with serious indications of Israeli role —shows desperate warmongering of perpetrators," Zarif said on the reported assassination.
< Politics, News, Javad Zarif, Iran, Israel >
- Coindesk 19:07November 27, 2020Crypto Custodian Copper Aims to Bridge Gap Between DeFi and Traditional Finance With New ToolThe new tool, CopperConnect, covers the "DeFi lifecycle" as an asset moves from custody to smart contract and back.
< Business, News, Custody, DeFi, Copper >
- Business Insider 18:59November 27, 2020We went inside a public hospital in Venezuela where there's no running water and cancer patients have to provide their own medicineCOVID-19 has made a dire situation worse for hospital patients in Venezuela, where healthcare infrastructure has been crumbling for years.
< Healthcare, News, Video, International, Features, Business Insider Weekly, Venezuela, Cancer, COVID-19, Nicolas Maduro >
- The Guardian 18:58November 27, 2020Trump's baseless claims of Georgia voter fraud spark fears among RepublicansTrump’s party worries his comments could depress GOP turnout in key Senate runoff electionsDespite giving his strongest hints yet that he is coming to accept his loss of the White House to challenger Joe Biden, Donald Trump’s continuing reluctance to leave office and baseless claims about electoral fraud are increasingly worrying his own party.In particular, Republicans are concerned that the chaos caused by Trump’s stance and his false comments on the conduct of the election in the key swing state of Georgia, which Biden won for the Democrats, could hinder his party’s efforts to retain control of the Senate. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US politics, Georgia, US news >
- Huffington Post UK 18:51November 27, 2020CNN Anchor Hits Trump With A Blunt Reminder After President’s Rant At Reporter
< Donald Trump, Politics, White House, 2020 election, Jake Tapper, Jeff Mason, donald-trump, politics, white-house, 2020-election, jake-tapper, jeff-mason, NEWS, news >
- Forbes 18:50November 27, 2020High Level Iranian Nuclear Scientist Killed In Attack, State Media ReportsOne of Iran’s top nuclear scientists, Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was killed in an attack on Friday, according to state media.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news >
- Guardian 18:47November 27, 2020Trump's furniture fail: that's not a desk, Donald – it's a table for TV dinnersThe Resolute desk at the White House is made of timbers taken from a Royal Navy ship. It projects pure power. Is that why the defeated US president has switched to an occasional table he can barely squeeze his legs under?Has Donald Trump conceded the presidency by design? Is his choice of furniture betraying a subconscious admission of defeat? When the outgoing US president gave a speech this week saying he would depart if the electoral college voted for Joe Biden, his words came as less of a shock than the desk he chose to sit at. It was tiny. It sent out a clear signal. And that signal was “loser”.Jokes about the shrunken size of Trump’s desk – one photograph, taken from low down, captures his legs barely fitting beneath it – are easy. So let’s not. You want to see a real ruler’s desk? The Resolute desk in the Oval Office is the definition of one: a massive fortress of a working space, like an aircraft carrier with legs, sporting the US eagle at the heart of its heavy Victorian carvings. Its timbers are British in origin: they come from a Royal Navy sailing ship, HMS Resolute, that once braved the icy waters of the north pole. And in a final addition of defensive machismo, Franklin D Roosevelt had the front bulwarked so no one could see his leg braces and discover he was disabled. Continue reading...
< Design, Donald Trump, Art and design, Culture, US news, World news, Interiors >
- The Independent Feed 18:41November 27, 2020Brexit: First-year EU students face hundreds of pounds in fees if they move to UK in 2021‘Only one plane ticket stands between them and accessing settlement scheme,' campaigner says
< Education News, Education >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:39November 27, 2020Kingspan directors cashed £6m in shares before airing of Grenfell claimsShare price fell after inquiry heard Kingspan ‘pushed hazardous products into the marketplace’Three directors of Kingspan, the company that made combustible insulation used on Grenfell Tower, cashed in more than £6m in share options before allegations against the business were aired at the public inquiry into the disaster.Gene Murtagh, the chief executive of the Dublin-based company that made the Kooltherm-K15 foam panels used on the council block where a fire killed 72 people in 2017, took the biggest share, making a £3.1m profit, followed by Gilbert McCarthy and Peter Wilson, two executive directors who made £1.8m and £1.6m respectively. The trades happened in September and October, before the inquiry started investigating the company’s role this month. Continue reading...
< Grenfell Tower fire, Grenfell Tower inquiry, UK news, Business >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:39November 27, 2020Labour MPs and members ordered not to discuss Corbyn's suspensionConstituency parties also told not to criticise antisemitism report during meetingsLabour’s general secretary has barred MPs and party members from discussing Jeremy Corbyn’s suspension, voicing solidarity with him or criticising the equalities watchdog report on antisemitism in the party, claiming it could make local meetings unwelcoming for Jewish members.The move by David Evans, which has been criticised by Momentum as an attempt to stifle debate, will mean any local party that seeks to discuss Keir Starmer’s decision to remove the whip from Corbyn will be ruled out of order. Continue reading...
< Labour, Jeremy Corbyn, Antisemitism, Keir Starmer, Politics, Momentum, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 18:33November 27, 2020Government Told To Get A Grip On 'Deepening' Crisis In Children's Care Homes
< uk news, uk politics, Children, gavin williamson, social care, tulip siddiq, kate green, Children's Commissioner for England, news, politics, children, gavin-williamson, social-care, tulip-siddiq, kate-green, childrens-commissioner-for-england, POLITICS >
- Business Insider 18:31November 27, 2020Black Friday is both nonexistent and dragging on forever in this endless year from hellIt's Black Friday. But, doesn't it feel like it has been Black Friday for a while? Or, as if it was never Black Friday at all?
< Retail, News, Retail, Black Friday, Walmart, Target, Macy's, analysis >
- Breitbart News 18:21November 27, 2020Dennis Prager on Big Tech Censorship: 'Twitter Is the Worst' -- 'Thuggish'Friday on FNC's "Fox & Friends," radio host Dennis Prager ripped big tech companies like Twitter for their efforts to censor conservative voices on their platforms.
< Clips, Politics, Tech, Dennis Prager, Fox & Friends, Fox News Channel, free speech, Twitter >
- Coindesk 18:16November 27, 2020Bank of Russia Fields Banking Industry Concerns Over Digital Ruble ProposalRussian banks fear being left out of the central bank's proposed digital currency system, according to a report.
< Policy & regulation, News, Russia, Bank of Russia, Banking, CBDCs >
- The Independent Feed 18:14November 27, 2020Covid vaccine: North Korean hackers ‘target’ Oxford-AstraZeneca projectAttempts to access sensitive material said to be unsuccessful as government refuses to be drawn on reports
< Home News, UK >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:10November 27, 2020Inspectors moving between Covid-hit England care homes without testsLeaks reveal fears of increased infection risk for residents and inspectorsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageHealth inspectors in England have been moving between care homes with high levels of Covid-19 infection without being tested, raising fears they have put more residents at risk of catching the virus, leaks to the Guardian have revealed.In recent weeks all care home inspections carried out in the north of England have been of infected homes, including a facility where 38 of the 41 people receiving care and 30 staff – almost half of the workers – had tested positive, internal documents from the Care Quality Commission show. Continue reading...
< Social care, Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health policy, Coronavirus, Health, Politics, Society, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:10November 27, 2020Top Iranian nuclear scientist shot dead near TehranMohsen Fakhrizadeh, said to be director of nuclear weapons programme, ambushed in streetAn Iranian nuclear scientist described as the guru of Iran’s nuclear programme has been gunned down in a street just outside Tehran.Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was ambushed in the town of Absard, 70km east of Tehran. Four assailants opened fire after witnesses heard an explosion. Continue reading...
< Iran's nuclear programme, Iran, Nuclear weapons, World news >
- Guardian 18:00November 27, 2020'A bit scary': Gillian Anderson's unnerving portrayal of Thatcher in The CrownThe performance manages to be both hard-to-stomach and queasy-makingThe arrival of Margaret Thatcher in season four of The Crown was keenly anticipated: Gillian Anderson is magnificent, Thatcher was an icon whichever way you cut it, cue popcorn, etc.In fact, when it arrived, Anderson’s performance was unnerving. Damian Barr, the author of Maggie & Me, not a Tory, puts this a bit more strongly: “I’m calling it post-Thatcher stress syndrome. A lot of people are actually triggered by it.” Continue reading...
< The Crown, Margaret Thatcher, UK news, Politics, Historical drama (TV), Drama, Television, Politics past, Television & radio, Culture >
- Business Insider 17:57November 27, 2020Archaeologists unearthed 160 sarcophagi from an ancient Egyptian necropolis. Some of the tombs were inscribed with mummy curses.Saqqara, an ancient Egyptian city of the dead, has yielded countless mummies. The walls of some tombs have threatening curses inscribed on them.
< Science, News, Egypt, Mummies, Mummy, Tombs, Archaeology >