- The Guardian 08:15April 11, 2021Vaccine boost pushes Tories’ approval rating on Covid into positive territoryLatest Opinium poll finds 44% approve of handling of pandemic with 36% disapproving, the best result since last MayCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageOverall approval for the government’s handling of the Covid pandemic is now positive for the first time since May last year, in the latest sign that the vaccine rollout has helped transform its fortunes.The latest Opinium poll for the Observer found that 44% now approve of the government’s Covid handling, with 36% disapproving. Overall, it recorded a nine-point lead for the Conservatives over Labour, the largest Tory lead since last May. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Conservatives, Labour, Opinion polls, Politics, UK news, Boris Johnson >
- Business Insider 16:33April 10, 2021As a Korean national studying in the US, I've seen how racism in America affects Asians around the globeAs a Korean national studying in the US, I've seen how racism in America affects Asians around the globe.
< Opinion, News, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, InsiderAsia, Racism, anti-asian violence, Atlanta shooting >
- Business Insider 16:32April 10, 2021How wealthy Americans and corporations have used 'negative freedom' to strip rights away from workersRoosevelt Institute director Mike Konczal says individual rights become "increasingly less free" when the government prioritizes employer protections.
< Opinion, Nordic, Economy, Pitchfork Economics, Paul Constant, Freedom, Worker Rights, Employers, Business, Opinion, original contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Business Insider 16:04April 10, 2021Musicians deserve a raise too, and they're right to organize against Spotify's exploitative practicesMusicians are the original gig workers, and they are demanding an end to exploitation from their Big Tech overlords.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Media, Entertainment, Opinion, BI Commentary, Spotify, music streaming service, Union, Contract, Tech, Big Tech >
- Business Insider 15:27April 10, 2021I will not mourn for Prince Philip. I will mourn instead for the people and countries destroyed by British imperialism.The Duke spent his entire life in service to the British imperial machine which murdered and enslaved people in countries around the world.
< Opinion, News, Nordic, Opinion, BI Commentary, Royals, royals insider, Prince Philip, Prince Philip Death, Imperialism, UK, InsiderAsia >
- Business Insider 15:06April 10, 2021The US needs to use its vast cultural resources to crush China in the global influence gameIt is time the US government restores America's tarnished international image and curb the rise of Beijing's global power.
< Opinion, Politics, Military & Defense, Opinion, BI Commentary, China, Biden, Politics, Foreign Policy, International Relations, US china tensions, InsiderAsia >
- Huffington Post UK 11:06April 10, 2021The Government's Media Blackout Is Cynical And Irresponsible
< News, coronavirus, boris johnson, Opinion, prince philip, boris-johnson, opinion, prince-philip >
- Business Insider 00:09April 10, 2021SCOTT GALLOWAY: The crypto industry is a $2 trillion disruptive force, and its success boils down to two main attributesArt auctions - just like the pre-pandemic lines outside stores like Supreme - prove that people love scarcity and they're willing to pay for it.
< Opinion, Nordic, Tech Insider, Scott Galloway, Prof G, Opinion, Contributor, contributor 2019, crypto, NFT, Crypto Art, Beeple, David Bowie >
- The Independent Feed 20:13April 9, 2021As pandemic restrictions ease – choose your pub carefully, for the sake of the planetAs we return to normality, let’s keep up the good practices we’ve adopted from the pandemic. Think green – from choosing your post-lockdown boozer wisely to taking holidays closer to home
< Opinion, Climate >
- Business Insider 17:50April 9, 2021Biden has finally found a country the US can rebuildBiden's $2 billion infrastructure plan would be welcome after two decades and billions of dollars spent trying to rebuild other countries.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, Politics Contributors, Politics, Defense Priorities, News Contributor, Joe Biden, Biden infrastructure plan, Iraq, Afghanistan, nation building, Reconstruction, Opinion >
- Huffington Post UK 11:24April 9, 2021I Grew Up In Belfast. These Rioters On Our Streets Speak For No One
< Politics, Opinion, Northern Ireland, Arlene Foster, opinion, northern-ireland, arlene-foster >
- Business Insider 21:11April 8, 20214 tricks to help make Zoom calls less stressful and more enjoyableMany adults feel more self-conscious on camera than in real life, so it can help to collectively remove the pressure to look 'perfect' on every call.
< Strategy, Nordic, Medium, Zoom, zoom etiquette, Remote Work, Contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion >
- The Independent Feed 17:45April 8, 2021As a surfer, I’m compelled to fight plastic pollution and protect our oceans – if you like beaches you should be tooNone of us can thrive if the ocean doesn’t thrive, so join in the UK biggest beach clean-up and tackle plastic pollution in our parks, beaches and waterways
< Opinion, Climate >
- The Independent Feed 13:55April 8, 2021The climate crisis is a bigger emergency than the national deficit – it’s time Republicans reevaluate their prioritiesThe GOP ran up the fiscal deficit by cutting taxes for rich people and corporations – then claims we can’t afford investments for a safer, healthier clean energy future for all
< Opinion, Climate >
- Business Insider 13:00April 8, 2021American tech knows it has a diversity problem while Europe lags behind. This is why - and what we have to do.The cofounders of non-proft Colorintech argue that the failure to collect data on diversity is hampering efforts to address problems.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Opinion, Tech, Black Lives Matter, DEI, Freelancer UK, Inclusion, Diversity, Startups >
- Huffington Post UK 08:00April 8, 2021To Win Hartlepool Labour Must Focus On The Future, Not The Past
< Politics, labour party, Opinion, keir starmer, labour-party, opinion, keir-starmer >
- Business Insider 00:00April 8, 2021Not owning Tesla stock is the greater risk ahead of massive infrastructure package, Morgan Stanley saysBiden's bill, analysts at Morgan Stanley said, will exacerbate Tesla's advantage over legacy players and new entrants altogether.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Tesla, analyst commentary, tesla stock, Tesla stock opinion, Morgan Stanley >
- Forbes 23:00April 7, 2021New Mexico Prohibits Qualified Immunity For All Government Workers, Including PoliceThe New Mexico Civil Rights Act creates a new way to challenge government agencies that violate constitutional rights and guarantees government employees are not at risk of personal liability.
< Policy, /policy, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Business, opinion >
- Forbes 22:54April 7, 2021Green Jobs Demonstrate The Perils Of Government-Directed Economic GrowthPresident Biden's Build Back Better programs will not spur economic growth, nor will it help the environment. The likely result will be a less efficient economy that diminishes our prosperity and makes it more difficult to address important societal problems such as global climate change.
< Policy, /policy, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Business, opinion >
- Forbes 20:26April 7, 2021New Landmark Law In Utah Legalizes Selling Home Cooked MealsBy legalizing a type of home-based business that’s technically against the law in 48 states, Utah will make it much easier for aspiring chefs to earn a living.
< Policy, /policy, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Food & Drink, /food-drink, Business, opinion >
- Business Insider 19:01April 7, 2021Checking in on your friends and coworkers isn't enough - here are steps you can take at work to help fight racial discriminationWhen hate crimes or violence occurs, do more than just text your friends who are affected. Take action by demanding change, donating, or volunteering.
< Strategy, Nordic, The Conversation, Hate, Asian American hate crimes, Violence, Racial Discrimination, Mental Health, Allyship, Contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion >
- Business Insider 18:42April 7, 2021Big tech can't keep our kids safe, so the platforms need to at least make it easier for parents to protect their children onlineThe developers of social media apps will never be primarily focused on the safety of the kids who use them. But they can let us parents to the job.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, BI Commentary, Opinion, YouTube, Social Media, Instagram, Parental Controls, TikTok, Cyberbullying, Facebook >
- Business Insider 17:29April 6, 2021Despite the backlash, Pete Buttigieg's idea to tax drivers by the mile to help pay for infrastructure is actually a step in the right directionIf we're going to sufficiently pay for infrastructure, we must find new ways to do so. A mileage tax could be a step in the right direction.
< Opinion, Politics, Transportation, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Transportation, Politics, Pete Buttigieg, Infrastructure, Gas Tax, Taxes, Biden infrastructure plan, Roads >
- Business Insider 16:08April 6, 2021Social media's booming 'armchair expert' culture is dangerousDuring a pandemic, the prevalence of conflicting information from self-proclaimed experts allows users to believe what they want about the crisis.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Science, Opinion, BI Commentary, COVID-19, COVID, Twitter, Social Media, Pandemic, Misinformation >
- The Independent Feed 13:05April 6, 2021I’m set to board Greenpeace’s Arctic Sunrise ship, and expose the threats to our oceansClimate column: As a doctor, the pandemic has taught me how interlinked and precarious our health and life-support systems are – that includes our oceans
< Opinion, Climate >
- Business Insider 17:33April 5, 2021It is time America takes Asian American policy concerns seriously"This is the moment. But we have to use this moment very wisely," said Leong-Hong, chair of the DNC's AAPI caucus."We need to prioritize our demands."
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Asian Americans, Asian American hate crimes, Policy, AAPI >
- Business Insider 16:18April 5, 2021After my sister died trying to stop gun violence, the Senate couldn't find the votes for background checks. We can't let that happen again.Gun violence kills over 100 people a day a wounds hundreds more. The senate must pass common sense gun legislation.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Opinion, BI Commentary, Sandy Hook, gun violence, Mass Shootings, Gun legislation, Senate, Gun Deaths >
- Business Insider 16:15April 5, 2021How to safely reopen US schools, according to an epidemiologistDr. Brandon Guthrie believes schools can offer in-person instruction with a very low level of risk if certain safety protocols are followed.
< Science, Education, Nordic, The Conversation, school, Children, Social Distancing, Safety, COVID, Education, Contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion >
- Business Insider 18:15April 4, 20213 digital banking trends to look out for this year, according to the head of digital at ChaseAllison Beer says over the next year there will increased demand for banking personalization, automation, and real-time payments.
< Opinion, Nordic, Finance, Tech Insider, Chase, Digital Banking, Banking apps, tech trends, contributor 2019, original contributor, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:04April 4, 2021The case for a no-strings-attached monthly payment to help families get back on their feet after the pandemic, according to an economic security expert"Giving people cash works," writes Natalie Forster, describing a Stockton, California program that's giving $500 a month to families for 18 months.
< Opinion, Nordic, Economy, Natalie Foster, The New Possible, pandemic economy, Welfare, COVID-19, Excerpt, Book Excerpt, original contributor, contributor 2019, Opinion >
- Business Insider 16:32April 4, 2021Democrats can learn something from the most powerful Joe in WashingtonSen. Joe Manchin is the deciding Senate vote and the most powerful "Joe" in DC. He may frustrate some progressives, but he's also a great example.
< Opinion, Politics, Joe Manchin, Joe Biden, Democrats, Senate Democrats, Chuck Schumer, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 16:04April 4, 2021Marijuana prohibition is withering away, but the human carnage it caused is permanent. Governments should take action to atone for their Drug War sins.Expunging marijuana convictions in states that legalized is a nice start, but the Drug War's victims deserve more.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Cannabis, BI Commentary, Opinion, Marijuana, Drug War, War on Drugs, Joe Biden, New York, New York State, legalization, Marijuana Legalization >
- Business Insider 15:27April 4, 2021Robinhood and other 'low cost' brokers are still quietly screwing over their usersRobinhood and other "free" retail brokers are quietly making it so that their users don't get the best prices on their trades.
< Opinion, Politics, Markets, Finance, Virtu, Citadel, Robinhood, retail brokerage, TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, GameStop, payment for order flow, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 15:04April 4, 2021Biden's infrastructure plan does not come close to tackling the vast extent of America's new housing crisisThe lack of affordable housing is not reflective of national resources - it is reflective of a long debate about who deserves public investment.
< Opinion, Politics, Real Estate, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Biden infrastructure plan, Infrastructure, Housing, Housing Crisis, Politics, Policy >
- Business Insider 16:53April 3, 2021Andrew Yang on which would more broadly help the most Americans: universal basic income or higher wagesThe NYC mayoral candidate talked with entrepreneur and venture capitalist Nick Hanauer, one of the early leading voices in the Fight for $15.
< Opinion, Politics, Nordic, Economy, Pitchfork Economics, Paul Constant, UBI, Universal Basic Income, Fight for 15, Minimum Wage, original contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Business Insider 16:33April 3, 2021YouTube just took another big step towards total online video dominanceTwitter's decision to allow YouTube embeds moves the video platform closer to becoming the primary way videos are watched online.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, Opinion, BI Commentary, Tech, YouTube, Twitter, Online Video >
- Business Insider 16:32April 3, 2021Bad politicians should be held accountable by the American people, not by corporationsWe need the For the People Act to amplify and protect the voices of regular Americans. Corporations are not reliable to hold politicians accountable.
< Opinion, Politics, Retail, Finance, Healthcare, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Political Donations, For the People Act, HR1, S1 >
- Business Insider 16:03April 3, 2021I came to the US when I was only 2 years old. Without action from Congress, I could be deported to a country I've never known.I'm one of over 2 million "Dreamers." Unless the Senate passes the American Dream and Promise Act, I'll continue to live in uncertainty.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Opinion, BI Commentary, DACA, Undocumented Immigrants, Immigration, Congress, Senate, Biden administration >
- Business Insider 15:02April 3, 2021The death of a former Guantanamo prisoner exposes how the US controls the life and death of its captivesAfter Lufti bin Ali was released from US custody, he realized that life after prison would be another form of captivity. The US did nothing to help.
< Opinion, Politics, Military & Defense, News, Opinion, BI Commentary, Guantanamo Bay, Prison, War on Terror, Terrorism, Politics >
- Business Insider 00:17April 3, 2021Vermont is putting BIPOC people at the front of the vaccination line. Here's why it's a great idea.Vermont has done a fantastic job of vaccinating the vulnerable. Giving early access to BIPOC populations is another smart move, writes Jessica Frisco.
< Opinion, Nordic, Healthcare, contributor 2019, Opinion, original contributor, Vermont, covid vaccine, BIPOC, people of color >
- Business Insider 23:42April 2, 2021SCOTT GALLOWAY: WeWork may be in a unique position to rise from the post-pandemic real estate falloutCommercial vacancy rates will increase and office rental spaces will become more popular as companies embrace remote work, Galloway predicts.
< Opinion, Nordic, Real Estate, Scott Galloway, Prof G, Opinion, Real Estate, Remote Work, Contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Business Insider 20:59April 2, 2021How to encourage skeptical family members to get the COVID vaccine, according to a brain science expertTread carefully and approach the conversation with a good-faith mindset, says professor of neuroscience and business Moran Cerf.
< Healthcare, Nordic, Science, News, Moran Cerf, Neuroscientist, brain science, Behavior, BI-freelancer, contributor 2019, Vaccine, COVID, Opinion >
- Business Insider 14:59April 2, 2021There are no victories left to win for US troops in Iraq and Syria. It's time for Biden to bring them home.US troops face dangers in both Syria and Iraq, and that military presence cannot influence the political outcome in either country.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, Politics Contributors, Politics, Defense Priorities, News Contributor, Iraq, Syria, Middle East, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:36April 1, 2021Supreme Court rules Facebook's automated text system doesn't count as robocalling, handing major win to people who want to spam your phoneThe US Supreme Court ruled that Facebook's text alerts on suspicious logins do not qualify as robocalls.
< Politics, News, Supreme Court, US Supreme Court, Opinions, Politics >
- Business Insider 17:02April 1, 2021America's water infrastructure is a ticking time bombAs we saw in Texas, climate change will continue to put pressure on our water infrastructure. We need massive investments to improve these systems.
< Opinion, Politics, Energy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Infrastructure, Water, Drinking Water, Politics, Climate Change, Policy >
- Huffington Post UK 11:02April 1, 2021Richard Okorogheye’s Case Is Typical Of How Police Fail Black Families
< News, Opinion, Crime, race, county lines, richard okorogheye, opinion, crime, county-lines, richard-okorogheye >
- Huffington Post UK 11:00April 1, 2021The Dangerous Race Report Was Designed To Divide Us. Don’t Let It
< Politics, boris johnson, Opinion, black lives matter, race, boris-johnson, opinion, black-lives-matter >
- Business Insider 00:59April 1, 2021President Biden's dogs must resignWith great power comes great responsibility, and the Biden dogs have failed to rise to the occasion.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, President Biden, Major, Champ, White House, Resign, Scandal, Dogs >
- The Independent Feed 21:12March 31, 2021It is the responsibility of oil-producing countries like Saudi Arabia to lead the way in tackling the climate crisisClean energy production in the Middle East doesn’t exceed seven per cent – but two new Saudi-led initiatives can help change this
< Opinion, Climate >
- Business Insider 19:02March 31, 2021It's about time for Congress to pay its interns a fair wage - it could help introduce some much-needed diversity on the HillThe State Student Internship Program Act aims to pay interns at the State Department. The rest of government needs to follow suit.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Interns, Congress, House, Senate, Pay, Bill, Politics, Education >