- Business Insider 11:17January 28, 2021I went through luxury hotel prison quarantine in Singapore to beat the coronavirus - and it works. But Americans just wouldn't find it acceptable.The country has been able to control the virus through strict border controls and a contract tracing app that requires users to scan a QR code any time they enter or leave an establishment.
< News, COVID, Singapore, Quarantine, American Exceptionalism, Opinion >
- Business Insider 01:11January 28, 2021It's time for Europe to take private data from the hands of powerful tech monopolies and give it back to the peoplePeople should be able to own their own private data, instead of being forced to hand it to tech giants like Facebook and Google.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, Opinion, BI Commentary, User Data, Big Tech, Facebook, Google, Apple, Europe, China >
- Coindesk 01:02January 28, 2021What DeFi Has in Common With CubismDeFi's innovation system is reminiscent of an art movement that passes ideas back and forth until lasting breakthroughs emerge.
< Business, Opinion, DeFi, Cubism >
- Business Insider 23:47January 27, 2021The Reddit traders driving up the price of GameStop are not what you think they areGameStop trading isn't a populist uprising, it's another scam being perpetrated by professionals who know better. Get out while you can.
< Opinion, Markets, WallStreetBets, GameStop, Reddit, Short Sellers, BI Commentary, Opinion, Stock Market >
- Coindesk 20:22January 27, 2021The Bitcoin ParadoxBitcoin may not be a financial bubble. But, when Bitcoiners reject inconvenient information, it is an epistemic bubble.
< Business, Opinion >
- Business Insider 18:47January 27, 2021Biden has a golden opportunity to restore America's standing in the world after Trump tore it down for 4 yearsAfter 4 years of Trump, the US' international image is justifiably damaged. President Biden and Antony Blinken have a chance to change that.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Biden, Trump, Diplomacy, International Relations, antony blinken >
- Business Insider 17:47January 27, 2021Biden needs to immediately take 4 steps to undo the Trump administration's war on the LGBTQ communityBiden must emphasize LGBTQ representation in government, tackle anti-discrimination policies and religious exemptions, and ban conversion therapy.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, LGBTQ, LGBT rights, Politics, Biden, Biden administration, Trump, Civil Rights, Gay Conversion Therapy, Gay Rights >
- Business Insider 16:36January 27, 2021Trump's gone, but the GOP's conspiracy theory cesspool is here to stayParanoid conspiracy theory culture defines the post-Trump Republican Party, from state groups' "bad tweets" to media figures excusing QAnon.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, Conspiracy Theories, conspiracy theory, Donald Trump, QAnon, MAGA, Republican Party, GOP, Republican, Capitol Siege >
- Coindesk 00:06January 27, 2021Bubbles Are Good for BitcoinFar from being damaging to bitcoin, bubbles help bring in new users and ultimately accelerate the project's growth.
< Markets, News, Bitcoin, Opinion, Bitcoin Bubble >
- Coindesk 22:59January 26, 2021Four Ways Blockchain Could Catapult Into the MainstreamBlockchain technology adoption has largely been a top-down story. Here are some ideas that could get more bottom-up traction.
< Business, Blockchain Technology, Opinion >
- Coindesk 19:39January 26, 2021What Tether Means When It Says It’s ‘Regulated’Representatives say the $25B stablecoin is "regulated" but the issuer doesn't look like a financial institution bound by norms and laws.
< Policy & Regulation, Tether, Opinion, Stablecoins >
- Forbes 18:37January 26, 2021President Biden Should Not Adopt California’s Approach To The EnvironmentPresident Biden's intentions to block the Keystone XL pipeline and restrict natural gas production on federal land nationalizes California's approach to global climate change. The consequences will be slower economic growth and fewer reductions in GHG emissions.
< Policy, /policy, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Business, opinion >
- Business Insider 18:37January 26, 2021Abolishing the death penalty must be at the top of Biden's to-do listKnowing Biden opposed the death penalty, Trump expedited some executions. Biden can make sure that never happens again.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Opinion, BI Commentary, Death Penalty, Executions, Politics, Criminal Justice, Donald Trump, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 17:04January 26, 2021Get ready for the return of inflationAfter a 30-year absence, inflation will finally make a return to the US economy as the country comes out of the COVID recession.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Markets, GDP, COVID relief, Recession, Inflation, Unemployment, Federal Reserve, BI Commentary, Opinion, Morgan Stanley >
- Business Insider 16:06January 26, 2021Biden doesn't need to wait to start cleaning up Trump and Pompeo's mess in the Middle EastOpinion: In the Middle East, there are several things Biden can do right now to advance US interests quickly and with minimal political challenges.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, Politics Contributors, Politics, Defense Priorities, News Contributor, Iran, Yemen, houthis, Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo, Joe Biden, Saudi Arabia, Opinion >
- Coindesk 23:22January 25, 2021We Have Entered the Age of Anonymous CryptoSpurred by an information crisis and compounding global unrest, privacy has entered public consciousness.
< Tech, People, Privacy, Encryption, Opinion, Privacy Coins >
- Business Insider 22:42January 25, 2021A brain science expert shares tips for regulating anxiety and emotions during tumultuous timesWe do have influence over certain aspects of our emotions that we can train ourselves to control, writes Moran Cerf. Here's what he suggests.
< Strategy, Nordic, Moran Cerf, Neuroscience, Opinion, column, Advice, original contributor, contributor 2019, Health, Mental Health >
- Coindesk 20:23January 25, 2021The Future of Money in the MultiverseIt's 2028 and central banks, Big Tech companies and the "deplatformed" are establishing their own worlds of digital money.
< Business, Opinion, CBDCs >
- Huffington Post UK 18:26January 25, 2021It’s Time For The Honest Truth About School Closures
< coronavirus, COVID-19, Opinion, school, Lockdown, homeschooling, covid-19, opinion, lockdown, NEWS, news, Politics, politics, Parents, parents, Life, life >
- Business Insider 17:27January 25, 2021Ramping up vaccine distribution will be meaningless if we run out of the critical supplies needed to sustain that successWe need an equal level of focus on creation and distribution. The supply chain challenges cannot be left to the wayside.
< Opinion, Healthcare, Politics, Science, Opinion, BI Commentary, COVID-19, Vaccine, coronavirus vacccine, Health, Supply Chain, Healthcare >
- Business Insider 18:05January 24, 2021America's vaccine rollout is already leaving people of color behind. Healthcare providers need to make a serious effort to change this.Health equity is a significant problem for America, rooted in centuries of racism. Our COVID-19 vaccine rollout has a chance to account for that.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccine, Vaccine distribution, Health Equity, Pandemic, Healthcare >
- Business Insider 17:33January 24, 2021Ted Cruz's 'Pittsburgh over Paris' campaign shows us just how dumb the Biden years are going to beBarely any time has passed since President Biden's inauguration, and Republicans have already returned to their bag of shenanigans.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Ted Cruz, Paris Accord, Climate Change, Jobs, Biden, Trump, GOP, Republicans >
- Business Insider 17:04January 24, 2021Biden's proposed stimulus package includes paid leave and childcare support. These policies need to be permanent.Paid leave after having a baby and childcare infrastructure can no longer be overlooked - they are a crux of our economy.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Policy, Paid Leave, Childcare, Economy, COVID relief, Biden, Biden stimulus plan >
- Business Insider 16:47January 24, 2021Don't buy into fears that the Federal Reserve is about to make a sudden change to their support for the economyWorries about a sudden tightening or move towards interest rate increases by the Federal Reserve are unfounded based on Fedspeak and history.
< Opinion, Economy, Markets, Federal Reserve, Interest Rate, interest rate hike, Monetary Policy, BI Commentary, Opinion, Recession, Taper Tantrum, Ben Bernanke, Richard Clarida >
- Business Insider 16:26January 24, 2021Biden's China policy is about to be just as assertive as Trump's, but much more effectiveBeing aggressive doesn't mean hurling at insults and enacting hardline policies wherever possible. It means actually getting things done.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Military & Defense, News, US-China relations, Trump trade war, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, China, Beijing, Xi Jinping, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Business Insider 16:07January 24, 2021The US should copy Argentina and pass a new tax on the wealthy to help deal with the COVID crisisThe US, despite being one of the wealthiest countries in the world, has terrible wealth inequality. A wealth tax like Argentina's can help fix that.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Wealth Tax, wealth inequality, Taxes, Economy, Argentina, Bernie Sanders >
- Business Insider 18:36January 23, 2021How to send the right credibility signals in order to shape people's perceptions of you and your work, according to a 'hype' expertIf you're struggling to gain traction around a legitimate new idea or business venture, science can help, writes Michael Schein in The Hype Handbook.
< Strategy, original contributor, contributor 2019, Michael Schein, Harvard Business School, Excerpt, Book Excerpt, Opinion >
- Business Insider 18:04January 23, 2021It's time for other states to follow California's lead and protects workers' ability to be independentAmericans have always relied on independent work. As California succeeded in limited restrictions for freelancers, so should the rest of the country.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, prop 22, Independent contractors, Freelance, Uber, Lyft, Economy, California, Unions >
- Business Insider 17:25January 23, 20215 ways the Biden administration can bridge the divide between rural and urban AmericaThe new president can help isolated areas of the US by improving K-12 schools, providing free internet access, and addressing food insecurity.
< Politics, Nordic, The Conversation, contributor 2019, Contributor, Biden administration, rural america, Policy, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:03January 23, 2021More than 50 years after the Civil Rights movement, Black Americans still face discrimination in banking. But pro sports teams can help change that.The NBA's Atlanta Hawks announced a partnership with a group of Black banks. This strategy would do wonders to uplift Black capital nationally.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Sports, NBA, NFL, wealth inequality, Redlining, Banks, Economy, Discrimination, Mortgage, Loans, Payday lenders >
- Business Insider 16:27January 23, 2021I was in DC for the inauguration. The overwhelming security state felt disturbingly similar to the worst parts of the post-9/11 response.We overreacted to 9/11 by adding new laws and easily-abused surveillance powers in the name of "security." We shouldn't make the same mistake again.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Military & Defense, BI Commentary, Opinion, Homeland Security, 9-11, Domestic Terrorism, Security, Surveillance, Muslims, arab americans, Black Lives Matter, Capitol Siege, Civil liberties >
- Business Insider 15:22January 23, 2021I tried out a new $1,500 at-home gym system that calls itself for 'Peloton for boxing' - here's what it was likeEmily Price says the workout was fun and reminded her of Dance Dance Revolution, but wasn't a real replacement for an in-person class.
< Tech Insider, Nordic, Gym equipment, home gym, Boxing, Workout, contributor 2019, BI-freelancer, liteboxer, Exercise, Opinion >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00January 23, 2021As A Woman Of Colour, I'm Thinking Of Leaving The Country
< brexit, coronavirus, COVID-19, Opinion, Racism, covid-19, opinion, racism, NEWS, news, Politics, politics, Life, life >
- Business Insider 23:11January 22, 2021SCOTT GALLOWAY: The most striking thing about President Biden's inauguration was its normalcyThe new administration marks the return of serious people doing serious work towards a common goal of bettering America, writes Galloway.
< Opinion, Nordic, Politics, Scott Galloway, Prof G, Biden, Biden administration, Opinion, Politicians, Government, Contributor, contributor 2019 >
- Business Insider 21:57January 22, 2021As he takes office, President Biden faces a unique economic crisis - and the chance to redefine economics foreverAll the ingredients for a bold new era of economic discovery are in the air. The question is if our new leader has the will to take us somewhere new.
< Opinion, Nordic, Politics, Economy, Pitchfork Economics, Joe Biden, Biden administration, Opinion, Paul Constant, Economy, Pandemic, contributor 2019, original contributor >
- Coindesk 20:57January 22, 2021Money Reimagined: Letter to President BidenPresident Biden needs to reform the global financial system and avoid a 1930s-style depression. Digital currencies can help.
< Policy & Regulation, Opinion, Newsletters, Money Reimagined >
- Business Insider 18:07January 22, 2021Rep. Rashida Tlaib on why she's rallying progressives to fight back against calls for sweeping new government surveillance powers after the Capitol attackRep. Tlaib spoke with Insider about why she's leading the charge to defend civil liberties amid calls for a massive expansion of the security state.
< Opinion, Politics, News, Military & Defense, BI Commentary, Opinion, Rashida Tlaib, Michigan, House of Representatives, The Squad, Civil liberties, Capitol Siege, white supremacy, Terrorism, Black Lives Matter, FBI, National Security, Domestic Terrorism >
- Coindesk 16:35January 22, 2021Social Networks Are the Next Big Decentralization OpportunityWe have the core tech to enable radically more ethical and beneficial social media networks. Here's what we'll need.
< Tech, Privacy, Social Media, Opinion >
- Business Insider 16:27January 22, 2021Parents can't afford WiFi for their children to attend online classes. Governments should pay for free mobile data during the pandemic.No one should have to scrimp free WiFi from stores, especially in a pandemic. Governments worldwide should step in to bridge the digital divide.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Policy, Pandemic, Education, Internet Access, mobile data, UK Government >
- Coindesk 20:03January 21, 2021How Cultural Differences Drive User Adoption in DeFiDespite being virtually identical products at launch, SushiSwap and Uniswap have taken divergent paths as they respond to users, says Multicoin's principal.
< People, Opinion, DeFi >
- Business Insider 19:43January 21, 2021Republican governors are still failing their constituents almost a year into the pandemicEncouraging your citizens to practice COVID safety means nothing if GOP governors fail to lead by example and wear masks.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, COVID-19, Lockdown, Republicans, GOP, Pandemic, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 18:27January 21, 2021The vaccine rollout needs a massive course correction. The federal government needs to take the lead.A mass vaccination campaign is never easy. But questionable decision-making at the federal level may have compounded logistical obstacles.
< Opinion, Healthcare, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Health, Vaccine, Vaccine distribution, COVID, coronavirus, COVID-19, Healthcare >
- Huffington Post UK 17:36January 21, 2021As A Muslim Researcher, I Understand BAME Vaccine Hesitancy
< Opinion, Vaccine, opinion, vaccine, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Business Insider 16:31January 21, 2021Biden's unrivaled ability to work with Senate Republicans like Mitch McConnell will define his presidencyThe Senate may be blue this time around, but Biden will still have to show an ability to reach across the aisle.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Bipartisan, Democrats, Republicans, GOP, Senate, Congress, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 01:10January 21, 2021Biden promised a return to 'normalcy,' but it's clear that's not happening anytime soon.A surreal and desolate DC on Biden's Inauguration Day shows that the US is a real long way from the "normal" that the new president has promised.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, inauguration 2021, inauguration day, biden inauguration, Military, Capitol Siege, Security, National Guard >
- Business Insider 23:22January 20, 2021Biden's inauguration was a Frederick Douglass dream made real. We should be proud.Frederick Douglass dreamed of a multiracial America, one that would overcome its history and unite under a love of democracy. Today we got it right.
< Opinion, Politics, Joe Biden, Inauguration, Kamala Harris, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga, BI Commentary, Opinion, frederick douglass, Barack Obama >
- Coindesk 20:57January 20, 2021Dear Crypto Derivatives Industry, Let’s Not Repeat 2008As the crypto derivatives industry begins to take off, it needs to avoid the lack of transparency that plagued the industry in the 2000s, when the financial system collapsed.
< Policy & Regulation, Derivatives, Opinion >
- Business Insider 19:57January 20, 2021Biden's inauguration is a promise for a better, more normal AmericaPresident Joe Biden promised to be a president for all Americans, a huge contrast and welcome change to former President Donald Trump.
< Opinion, Politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, inauguration 2021, BI Commentary, Opinion, Climate Change, MAGA, gun reform >
- Business Insider 17:38January 20, 2021Top DoD weapons buyer: How the Pentagon transformed its approach to information-age warfareNew and emerging challenges demand that the Pentagon use software in a significantly more agile and responsive way, writes Ellen Lord.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, Defense Department, Software, News Contributor, Ellen Lord, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:29January 20, 2021Inaugurations aren't required by the Constitution - here's why they're so important anywayA professor of anthropology explains how the pomp and circumstance of shared rituals signals to our brains that something meaningful is happening.
< Politics, Nordic, News, Opinion, The Conversation, Biden, Presidential Inauguration, inauguration 2021, US Presidency, Contributor, contributor 2019 >