- Business Insider 17:05November 27, 2020Here's why you still need a work commute, and how to create one while working from homeWithout a daily commute, many workers are losing out on time to mentally prepare for and wind down after a long day.
< Strategy, Nordic, Medium, Contributor, contributor 2019, Commute, Remote Work, Pandemic, Mental Health Advice, WFH, Stephen Moore >
- Business Insider 17:00November 27, 2020Why for-profit college enrollment has increased during the COVID-19 pandemicResearcher Molly Ott says financial flexibility, remote learning resources, and favorable federal policies have positively influenced enrollment rates.
< Strategy, Retail, Opinion, The Conversation, Strategy, Contributor, contributor 2019, colleges, Pandemic, Online Learning, Universities, Education >
- Business Insider 16:27November 27, 2020The gruesome spectacle of the GOP's bad-faith holiday tantrumDemocrats are promoting caution for the holidays. The GOP is engaging in bad faith arguments. The result of this will be a spike in COVID-19 cases.
< Opinion, Politics, Science, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Thanksgiving, COVID-19, Pandemic, GOP, Christmas, Travel >
- Huffington Post UK 14:29November 27, 2020Jude Law Says Contagion Scientists Warned Him Real-Life Pandemic Was A Case Of 'When Rather Than If'
< coronavirus, ukfilm, COVID-19, pandemic, Jude Law, contagion, covid-19, jude-law, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Breitbart News 13:35November 27, 2020Communist China Waging 'Shadow Trade War' on Australia(AFP) -- Biting new Chinese trade tariffs have stoked fears that Australia's virus-weakened economy is being targeted for political retribution and the two countries may be sliding into a shadow trade war.
< Asia, London / Europe, Politics, Australia, CCP, China, Chinese Communist Party, Chinese Communist Party (CCP), communism, communists, coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic, Scott Morrison, Tariffs, trade, trade war, Wuhan virus >
- Breitbart News 12:33November 27, 2020Govt Scientist: Kissing Grandma at Christmas Could Deliver ‘Deadly Dose’ of CoronavirusMore government scientists have sought to frighten Britons over the prospect of getting too close to their loved ones at Christmas, including telling people that kissing their grandparents could deliver "a deadly dose" of coronavirus.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Britain, Christmas, coronavirus, COVID-19, Family, lockdown, pandemic, United Kingdom, Wuhan virus >
- Breitbart News 21:25November 26, 2020UK Govt: Lockdown Likely to Last 12+ Months, 'Hard Winter' Coming, Repeated Vaccinations May be RequiredLockdowns won't end until anticipated vaccines "come to our aid" in the future and the country can expect a "hard winter", the PM has said.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Boris Johnson, Britain, Chris Whitty, coronavirus, Coronavirus vaccine, COVID-19, lockdown, pandemic, Patrick Vallance, United Kingdom, vaccination, vaccines, Wuhan virus >
- Business Insider 18:29November 26, 2020Deutsche Bank is reportedly considering a permanent 2-day work-from-home policy, weeks after its research arm said people choosing to work remotely should be taxed 5%Deutsche Bank told Business Insider it was "working on a hybrid model that will combine working from home as well as in the office."
< Finance, Deutsche Bank, Germany, Bank, Banking, Business, Finance, work from home, coronavirus, Pandemic, COVID-19, german banks >
- Business Insider 14:53November 26, 2020AstraZeneca admits the best results in its COVID-19 vaccine study came from a dosing error, and experts are raising new questions about the shotAstraZeneca described the error as "serendipity": The company mistakenly gave some patients a half-dose of the vaccine, leading to better results.
< Healthcare, AstraZeneca, Vaccine, coronavirus, COVID-19, Pandemic, Vaccine trials, University of Oxford, Health, Healthcare, Shot >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 26, 2020I'm An NHS Doctor. Boris Johnson's Christmas Plans Are Deadly
< boris johnson, Christmas, Opinion, COVID-19 pandemic, boris-johnson, christmas, opinion, covid-19-pandemic, NEWS, news, Politics, politics, Life, life >
- Business Insider 00:03November 26, 2020Elon Musk promoted coronavirus misinformation for months. Then his own infection kept him out of SpaceX's astronaut launch.Musk took to Twitter to attack the rapid antigen test that showed he had COVID-19 — but then he contacted an epidemiologist to learn more.
< Science, Transportation, News, Tech Insider, Elon Musk, coronavirus, coronavirus testing, COVID-19, Tweets, Misinformation, Pandemic, analysis, SpaceX, NASA >
- Business Insider 21:51November 25, 2020INSIDER Poll: Half of Biden voters said they will not be mixing households this Thanksgiving compared to just 29% of Trump votersAdditionally, 26% of Biden voters said their Thanksgiving will mix three or more households, compared to the 43% of Trump voters who said as much.
< News, Politics, INSIDER Data, coronavirus, COVID-19, Thanksgiving, Elections, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 18:28November 25, 2020I'm a Butterball turkey hotline expert who's been answering wild, funny, and panicked calls from home chefs for 18 years. This year people need us more than ever.Phyllis Kramer says she hears the same questions all the time and that the line gets 15,000 calls on Thanksgiving Day alone.
< Careers, Nordic, News, Retail, Thanksgiving 2020, COVID-19, Pandemic, butterball, Turkey, Holidays, butterball help line, BI-freelancer, contributor 2019, job diary >
- Business Insider 16:17November 25, 2020The CDC is planning to cut the length of quarantines for Americans who have been exposed to COVID-19, and could go as low as 7 days"Hopefully, people would be better able to adhere to quarantine if it was, for example, seven to 10 days," the CDC's Dr. Henry Walke told the WSJ.
< Healthcare, CDC, Quarantine, Pandemic, COVID-19, coronavirus, united states, Testing, Healthcare, Health >
- Business Insider 18:03November 24, 2020SCOTT GALLOWAY: Amazon has everything it needs to revolutionize healthcare. Here's how Jeff Bezos will do it.In his new book, "POST CORONA: From Crisis to Opportunity," Galloway identifies which companies are about to win big — and which will fail.
< Tech Insider, Nordic, Strategy, News, Science, Excerpt, Scott Galloway, Strategy, contributor 2019, Health, Pandemic, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Big Tech, Big tech healthcare, Opinion >
- Business Insider 17:13November 24, 2020Here's everything you need to know and check before returning to the skies this holiday seasonTravelers taking to the skies for the first time since before the pandemic should be prepared for fewer options, crowded flights, and quarantines.
< Transportation, Planes, BITranspo, CT Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Airlines, Travel, COVID-19, coronavirus, coronavirus pandemic, BI Graphics, Samantha Lee, How We Travel Now >
- Business Insider 17:05November 24, 2020How to keep remote employees energized and productive during the holiday seasonAsk your employees if they have the proper tools to work from home, and schedule virtual activities they can participate in to feel more connected.
< Strategy, Nordic, Strategy, Contributor, contributor 2019, Entrepreneur, Workplace, Management, Leadership, Remote Work, Pandemic, WFH >
- Business Insider 16:28November 24, 2020I'm an American who has lived abroad for 10 years. Between the pandemic and the election, 2020 has been the weirdest year to be away from my home country.As an American abroad, I watched in horror as the COVID-19 cases in the US spiked. From the outside looking in, my friends had many questions.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Abroad, International, COVID-19, Pandemic, Donald Trump, coronavirus, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 17:48November 23, 2020Veteran investor Jeremy Grantham discussed the dot-com bubble, green investing, and America's poor handling of the pandemic in a recent interview. Here are the 10 best quotes"I do not believe in American exceptionalism, except in one way. In recent decades, the US has been exceptionally bad."
< Markets, Finance, Finance, Markets, Investing, Jeremy Grantham, GMO, Grantham Mayo & van Otterloo, Climate Change, Pandemic, Tech stocks >
- Business Insider 17:07November 23, 20203 reasons why you're feeling more exhausted than normal during the pandemic — and what to do about itThe endless flow of information this year is leading to uncertainty, polarization, and misinformation that can culminate in "epistemic exhaustion."
< Strategy, Nordic, Strategy, Contributor, contributor 2019, The Conversation, Opinion, Exhaustion, Mental Health, Mental Health Advice, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 14:20November 23, 2020The head of the Trump administration's Operation Warp Speed vaccine effort has had 'no contact' with Biden, and can't share confidential information with the President-electAsked about President-elect Joe Biden, Moncef Slaoui said he's been told he cannot share confidential information outside the Trump administration.
< Healthcare, Operation Warp Speed, Vaccine, united states, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, Biden 2020, President-elect Joe Biden, Politics, Healthcare, Health >
- Breitbart News 18:21November 22, 2020'Freedom Pass, Please': Boris to Introduce Covid Passports as More Lockdowns LoomThe British government will reportedly introduce "freedom passes" and specialised passport certificates to people who have tested negative for the Chinese coronavirus, as Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to announce further regional lockdown restrictions following the end of the national lockdown in December.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, #CovidNazis, Boris Johnson, Chinese coronavirus, coronavirus, COVID-19, lockdown, lockdowns, Matt Hancock, national lockdown, pandemic, United Kingdom, Wuhan coronavirus, Wuhan virus >
- Business Insider 18:03November 22, 2020We run the largest health system in New York and treated more than 100,000 COVID cases. Here's how the US can better tackle the pandemic.Northwell Health has treated more than 100,000 COVID-19 cases across New York City. Here is how we can prepare for the next resurgence.
< Opinion, Healthcare, Politics, News, Science, Opinion, BI Commentary, COVID-19, Vaccine, Healthcare, Pandemic, coronavirus, Medical Research >
- Business Insider 14:02November 22, 2020Zurich and Paris have joined Hong Kong to become the world's 3 most expensive cities – all thanks to COVID-19. Here's the full list.Singapore and Osaka, that were joint-first in 2019, slid down the rankings to fourth and fifth place respectively, according to a new report.
< Finance, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, City, World Cities, Wealth, Capital Cities, Singapore, Hong Kong, Paris, Finance, Geography, Business, UK Weekend >
- Business Insider 04:26November 22, 2020The experimental coronavirus treatment Trump received just got emergency authorization from the FDARegeneron's antibody combination was one of a number of treatments President Donald Trump took after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
< Healthcare, Science, News, regeneron, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, Vaccine, Trump, President Donald Trump, FDA, Drugs, Health, Healthcare >
- Business Insider 17:20November 21, 20207 things to know about wearing face masks and staying safe at your Thanksgiving gatheringEpidemiologist Jason Farley says masks should be worn except when actively eating, and that the number of attendees should be as limited as possible.
< Strategy, Nordic, Strategy, Contributor, contributor 2019, COVID-19, Pandemic, Holiday Season, coronavirus, Opinion, Thanksgiving, Face masks >
- Business Insider 17:05November 21, 2020Putting holiday decorations up early can boost your mood if you're working from home, according to a psychotherapistAmy Morin says doing things that stir up nostalgia, like eating traditional recipes or looking through old family photos, can make you feel happier.
< Strategy, Nordic, Strategy, contributor 2019, BI-freelancer, Holidays, Holiday Season, Pandemic, Mental Health, Mental Health Advice >
- Business Insider 02:18November 21, 2020Donald Trump Jr. tested positive for COVID-19 and is quarantiningA spokesman for Trump Jr. told Fox News and Bloomberg that the president's son is asymptomatic and has been isolating.
< Politics, News, President Donald Trump, COVID, coronavirus, Pandemic, Donald Trump, Jr., Trump family, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Breaking >
- Business Insider 23:32November 20, 2020Pfizer vaccine-trial participant reveals what it's like to volunteer for research that helped create the first effective COVID-19 vaccine"It's a monumental opportunity to be able to help your fellow citizens," Jenny Hamilton, a security officer in Atlanta, said.
< Science, Nordic, News, Healthcare, contributor 2019, as told to, Pfizer, Vaccine, COVID-19, Vaccine trials, original contributor, Strategy, Health, Pandemic, Personal Essay >
- Business Insider 20:21November 20, 2020How millions of pounds of coffee are processed at Hawaiian coffee farmsCoffee farms throughout Hawaii process millions of pounds of coffee cherries every season, but the COVID-19 pandemic has created new challenges.
< Video, Coffee, Hawaii, Maui, Tourism, Tourist, Cappuccino, Latte, cafe, coffee shop, Coffee Shops, Pandemic, coronavirus, COVID-19 >
- Observer 20:20November 20, 2020Prince William and Kate Are Teaching Their Children the Importance of Giving BackThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been talking to Prince George and Princess Charlotte about the efforts of the U.K.'s frontline workers.
< British Royal Family, coronavirus pandemic, Covid-19, Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, frontline workers, Giving back, NHS, royal children, Royal family news, Royal news >
- Business Insider 18:21November 20, 2020Nearly 3,500 federal employees will receive compensation from the US government for contracting COVID-19 at workSince March, more than 6,600 federal workers have sought compensation for catching COVID-19 at work, the Department of Labor said.
< Healthcare, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, Infection, united states, US Government and Politics, Federal workers, Politics, Finance, Compensation, Benefits >
- Business Insider 17:26November 20, 2020How to change or cancel flights as the pandemic and travel restrictions cripple the airline industry's nascent recoveryAirlines are struggling with ever-changing demand amid a COVID surge in the US. Here's what you need to know about changing or canceling travel.
< Transportation, Travel, Life, Planes, BITranspo, CT Visual Features, coronavirus, Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, Pandemic, air travel, Aviation, Airlines, flight >
- Business Insider 17:07November 20, 20204 steps parents working from home can take to support their kids' mental health and virtual learningRemote schooling can take a huge emotional toll on your child, so using empathy, compassion, and encouragement is critical to help them cope.
< Strategy, Nordic, Amy Morin, Strategy, contributor 2019, BI-freelancer, Children, Parenting, Parenting Advice, parenting advice pandemic, Pandemic, remote learning >
- Business Insider 16:30November 20, 2020Billionaires' net worths climbed by almost $1 trillion during the pandemic while their workers were put at riskTwelve billionaires saw their fortunes skyrocket during the pandemic, while their workers fell ill or didn't receive hazard pay, per an IPS study.
< Strategy, Billionaires, Pandemic, hazard pay, Essential Workers, Wealth, Strategy, Amazon, Tyson Foods >
- Business Insider 16:14November 20, 2020Inside the COVID-19 vaccine airlift: How cargo carriers plan to distribute the world's soon-to-be most valuable drugs to marketWhile pharmaceutical companies rush to develop their life-saving vaccines, cargo carriers are gearing up for the massive airlift to distribute them.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, CT Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Air Cargo, air freight, cargo, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Pfizer, United Airlines, COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic, Novel Coronavirus, COVID-19 vaccine >
- Business Insider 15:33November 20, 2020People who develop COVID-19 antibodies are unlikely to get the virus again for at least 6 months, a new Oxford University study of more than 12,000 people suggests"We can be confident that, at least in the short term, most people who get COVID-19 won't get it again," the Oxford University study lead said.
< Healthcare, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, Virus, Oxford University, Study, Health, Healthcare, Deaths, Vaccine, Immunity, Infection >
- Breitbart News 13:38November 20, 2020Delingpole: The Great Reset Is Not a Conspiracy TheoryThe Great Reset is not a conspiracy theory. But lots of useful idiots want you to believe that it is.
< Economy, London / Europe, Politics, agenda 21, conspiracy theories, Conspiracy Theory, coronavirus, COVID-19, Davos, Fourth Industrial Revolution, Klaus Schwab, pandemic, sustainability, The Great Reset, WEF, World Economic Forum, Wuhan virus >
- Business Insider 22:29November 19, 2020A Wall Street investment chief reveals how he found stocks at 'extraordinary bargains' at the depths of pandemic crash — and reaped huge returns"These companies were getting crushed during the height of the pandemic, people didn't believe in them," John Rogers told CNBC.
< Markets, Ariel Investments, investment strategy, Stock Market Outlook, Investing, Investing advice, John Rogers, pandemic and stocks, covid and stocks, Vail Resorts, Mattel stock price, vail stock price, Viacom stock price >
- Business Insider 21:48November 19, 2020Cuomo is obliterating his own (undeserved) COVID hero mythAndrew Cuomo was America's COVID sweetheart, but he's revealed himself again and again to be a dissembling, short-tempered narcissist.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, Andrew Cuomo, coronavirus, COVID, COVID-19, New York, New York City, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 17:00November 19, 20204 ways to revamp your professional networking strategy while working from homeAsk your existing network if they can introduce you to new contacts, and take time to reconnect with old coworkers you haven't spoken to in a while.
< Strategy, Nordic, Inc., Contributor, contributor 2019, Careers, Networking, Pandemic, networking advice, career advice, Job search, Job Hunt >
- Business Insider 22:08November 18, 2020Moderna's coronavirus vaccine doesn't need to be as icy cold as Pfizer's, and that could make it easier to distributeBoth Moderna and Pfizer say their vaccines are highly effective, but Pfizer's is the only one that needs to be shipped out on -94 degree dry ice.
< Science, News, coronavirus, Vaccines, Pfizer, Moderna, Public Health, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 19:49November 18, 2020Delta just became the only airline to block middle seats into the spring — but it could be the last extensionDelta just extended its policy of blocking middle seats until the end of March, making it the only US airline US to do so beyond January 2021.
< Transportation, Delta, Airlines, Middle Seat, coronaivrus, Pandemic, Safety >
- Business Insider 13:50November 18, 2020The FDA announced emergency approval of the first COVID-19 self-test that can be done fully at home. It provides results in 30 minutes.The nasal swab test kit from Lucira Health can only be used at-home on prescription by a healthcare provider, the FDA said.
< Healthcare, COVID-19, coronavirus, Pandemic, Healthcare, Health, FDA, united states, Test, Symptoms, Infections, Government >
- Business Insider 16:34November 17, 2020Home Depot will spend $1 billion more on employees' pay as sales in home tools, paint, and building materials surge during the COVID-19 pandemicHome Depot, which beat analyst estimates on sales and profit, is turning temporary COVID-19 bonuses for staff into permanent pay rises.
< Retail, Retail Contributors, Home Depot, Retail, Pandemic, COVID-19, coronavirus, DIY, Business, united states, America, Employee Benefits, Sales, Salary >
- Business Insider 16:05November 17, 2020These are the latest cities and states to tighten lockdown restrictions as a third wave of COVID-19 hits the USStates including New Jersey and California and cities including Philadelphia have introduced new restrictions on gyms, restaurants, and mask-wearing.
< Healthcare, COVID-19, coronavirus, Lockdown, Pandemic, California, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota, Philadelphia >
- Business Insider 14:30November 17, 2020Sweden, having refused to lock down, is now bringing in tougher COVID-19 restrictions as cases and deaths soar. 'This is the new norm,' the prime minister said.Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said: "Don't go to the gym, don't go the library, don't have dinner out, don't have parties — cancel!"
< Healthcare, Sweden, coronavirus, COVID-19, COVID, Pandemic, COVID-19 deaths, Europe, Healthcare, Health, Infections, Business >
- Breitbart News 12:41November 17, 2020British Govt Refuses to Rule Out Mandatory Vaccines, Orders 5 Million Jabs From ModernaThe British government has refused to rule out the notion of making Chinese coronavirus vaccines mandatory if it considers the voluntary administration of vaccines to be inadequate in slowing the spread of the virus. On Monday, Health Secretary Matt Hancock
< Health, London / Europe, anti-vaccine, anti-vaccine movement, Anti-Vax, anti-vaxxers, China virus, Chinese coronavirus, coronavirus, Coronavirus vaccine, Matt Hancock, Moderna, National Health Service, NHS, pandemic, Pfizer, United Kingdom, Vaccinations, Vaccine, vaccines, Wuhan coronavirus >
- Business Insider 12:34November 17, 2020Europe's pandemic debt burden is large but sustainable, the ECB's chief economist saysEuropean governments are spending trillions to protect their economies from the pandemic, but they can afford it, the ECB chief economist says.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Europe, Eurozone, European Central Bank, ECB, Philip Lane, Sovereign Debt, Public Debt, Government Bonds, Debt Crisis, Pandemic, COVID, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 22:58November 16, 2020Meet Stéphane Bancel, the CEO of Moderna, a company developing a coronavirus vaccine in record time that is showing early signs of success in a preliminary studyModerna is a biotech developing a coronavirus vaccine using new technology, and just reported 94.5% efficacy. Stéphane Bancel has been CEO since 2011.
< Healthcare, Features, Visual Slideshow, Visual Features, Strategy, coronavirus, COVID-19, coronavirus pandemic, Vaccine, Moderna, Biotech, biotechnology, Crystal Cox, BI Photo >