- The Guardian 23:49June 16, 2019Johnson's rivals vie to offer their visions for post-Brexit BritainFive hopefuls clash in Channel 4 TV debate, as Hunt decries no-show from frontrunnerThe five men vying to take on Boris Johnson in the Conservative leadership race made a slew of promises to tackle illiteracy, fix the broken social care system and reunify Britain after Brexit, as they clashed in the first televised debate.Johnson was attacked by the foreign secretary, Jeremy Hunt, for failing to appear in Sunday night’s debate, in which he was represented by an empty lectern. Continue reading...
< Conservative leadership, Politics, Conservatives, UK news >
- Modern Tokyo Times 22:42June 16, 2019Japan Considers a New Security Relationship Via “Networking” with TaiwanJapan Considers a New Security Relationship Via “Networking” with Taiwan Publication: China Brief Volume: 19 Issue: 10 By: Howard Wang The Jamestown Foundation Introduction—Japan Seeks “Networking” with Regional Allies In early May 2019, Japanese Foreign Minister (FM) Taro Kono tweeted support for Taiwan’s bid to attend the World Health Assembly as an observer—thereby advocating […]
< Asia, China, Geopolitics, Japan, Japan Geopolitics, Geopolitics of Taiwan, Howard Wang, Howard Wang and Jamestown Foundation, Jamestown Foundation, Japan and Taiwan relations, Japan Considers a New Security Relationship Via “Networking” with Taiwan, Taiwan and Japan relations, Taiwan geopolitics >
- Huffington Post UK 22:24June 16, 2019Tory Leadership Rivals Turn On 'Dictator' Dominic Raab Over Plan To Shut Parliament
< Politics and Government, boris johnson, jeremy hunt, channel 4, Dominic Raab, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, jeremy-hunt, channel-4, dominic-raab, POLITICS, politics >
- New York Times 22:02June 16, 2019Candidates for Istanbul Mayor Hold Rare Debate on Live TVThe head-to-head, the first such event in Turkey in 17 years, pitted Ekrem Imamoglu of the opposition against Binali Yildirim, a government-backed former prime minister.
< Politics and Government, Elections, Mayors, Debates (Political), Voting and Voters, Kurds, Justice and Development Party (Turkey), Imamoglu, Ekrem, Yildirim, Binali (1955- ), Istanbul (Turkey) >
- Huffington Post UK 20:46June 16, 2019Boris Johnson Empty Chaired In Channel 4 Debate After He Refuses To Take Part
< Politics and Government, boris johnson, jeremy hunt, michael gove, sajid javid, channel 4, Dominic Raab, Rory Stewart, Tobias Ellwood, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, jeremy-hunt, michael-gove, sajid-javid, channel-4, dominic-raab, rory-stewart, tobias-ellwood, POLITICS, politics >
- Breitbart News 20:25June 16, 2019Ocasio-Cortez: Progressive Frustration with Pelosi 'Quite Real'Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said the progressive wing of the Democratic Party was frustrated with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) over her reluctance to move forward with the impeachment of President Donald Trump. Ocasio-Cortez said,
< Clips, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 20:20June 16, 2019Pelosi: Trump Is 'Projecting' — He Is a Nervous Mess — He Needs an 'Intervention'During a interview with CNN’s Fareed Zakaria at the Council on Foreign Relations, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called President Donald Trump nervous and a mess. Pelosi said, “How to deal with him because you see what he does is,
< Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:15June 16, 2019UK and Russia consider May-Putin meeting to thaw relationsMore than a year after Skripal poisoning, obstacles remain to key diplomatic stepThe UK and Russia are examining the scope for a thaw in relations, including the possibility of a meeting between the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, and Theresa May at the G20 leaders’ summit in Japan at the end of this month.If a meeting were to go ahead it would be the first encounter at this level since the poisoning in Salisbury of Sergei Skripal and his daughter in March last year – an episode that led to 23 Russian diplomats being expelled by the UK followed by the expulsion of a similar number of British diplomats from Russia. Continue reading...
< Russia, UK news, Vladimir Putin, Theresa May, G20, Europe, Politics, World news >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:10June 16, 2019Channel 4 debate: Tory leadership candidates take part in first TV hustings without Boris Johnson - live newsRolling coverage of the first televised hustings for Tory leadership candidates, on Channel 4, featuring Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Sajid Javid and Rory Stewart - but not Boris Johnson 6.01pm BST Good evening. And welcome to our blog covering the first televised hustings of the Conservative leadership contest. Five of the six candidates still in the race - Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Sajid Javid and Rory Stewart - will be taking part. As you all must know, because his reluctance to face media scrutiny is becoming a major part of the narrative of the contest, Boris Johnson, the clear favourite, has said he will be staying away.What are we going to find out? Well, perhaps not very much, because televised debates often have much less impact on political campaigns than people assume they will. What matters over the next week is how 313 MPs vote (because they still have to whittle the field down to two, for the ballot of party members) and, because MPs know all these candidates well, they are unlikely to be influenced much by what any of them say tonight. But debates can make a difference because they can produce one, or all, of the following three things.Television is very good at telling the voter certain things about a politician or other interviewee, One can read the facing tics and expressions that suggest tension, lying, anger and so forth. One can make a personal judgment about an individual minister or leader in a way that earlier generations never could, unless they were part of the privileged political elite. If before, one could read X’s speech given verbatim in The Times, and treat X solely on the basis of his language and arguments, now one can concluded that X’s grandson, the new minister, is a sanctimonious creep. And in the real world, the fact that ‘X is a creep’ is a valid personal assessment and matters to most of just as much as his speechifying.Join @DominicRaab @RoryStewartUK @Jeremy_Hunt @sajidjavid @michaelgove with open invitation for @BorisJohnson on the #C4Debate live at 6.30pm on Channel 4. pic.twitter.com/9rg4gqD0Bl Continue reading...
< Politics, UK news, Conservative leadership, Conservatives, Jeremy Hunt, Michael Gove, Dominic Raab, Sajid Javid, Rory Stewart, Boris Johnson, Brexit, European Union >
- Breitbart News 19:39June 16, 2019Actress Tiffany Haddish Cancels Comedy Show to Protest Georgia's 'Heartbeat' Abortion LawActress and comedian Tiffany Haddish told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that she is postponing a planned comedy show in Atlanta, Georgia, in protest of the state's new abortion law that prohibits the procedure after a pregnancy has reached six weeks.
< Entertainment, Politics, Abortion, Georgia, Tiffany Haddish >
- Breitbart News 18:51June 16, 2019Cotton: Iranian Actions in Persian Gulf Warrant a 'Retaliatory Military Strike'Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation," Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) said the recent attacks on oil tankers in the Middle East by Iran "warrant a retaliatory military strike."
< Clips, Politics, Iran, Tom Cotton >
- Breitbart News 18:18June 16, 2019Archbishop: Voting for a Pro-Abortion Candidate Is ‘Mortal Sin’An Argentinean archbishop has urged the faithful not to vote for candidates or parties that support abortion, insisting that voting for them would be a “mortal sin.”
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Abortion, Catholic Church, mortal sin, Pope Francis, pro-life >
- The Daily Beast 18:15June 16, 2019Trump: ‘I Like the Truth,’ I Didn't Sit for Mueller Interview Because He’d 'Get Us for Lies'President Trump appeared to be obsessed with the Mueller report during his wide-ranging interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, insisting that he read the special counsel’s report while repeatedly claiming it says there was “no collusion” despite Robert Mueller stating specifically that no determination was reached on the concept of collusion.While speaking to Stephanopoulos in the back of the president’s limousine, the president was asked what his pitch to swing voters “on the fence” would be, prompting Trump to quickly pivot to the Russia investigation, which he called a “phony witch hunt.”“Mueller comes out—there’s no collusion,” the president declared. “And essentially a ruling that no obstruction. And they keep going with it. You know what? People are angry about it.”Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 17:58June 16, 2019Trump: Obama 'Had to Know' of 'Setup' to Block His Presidential BidSunday on ABC's "This Week," President Donald Trump said former President Barack Obama "had to know" about FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page working against him being elected.
< Clips, Politics, Barack Obama, Donald Trump >
- Breitbart News 17:56June 16, 2019AOC: Female Voters Uncomfortable with Biden, Dems Gave Bill Clinton a PassSunday on ABC's "This Week," Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) said 2020 presidential hopeful former Vice President Joe Biden had not locked down support of female voters.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 17:19June 16, 20193 Key Facts About California's 'Medicare for Illegals' PlanThe State of California is about to pass a new healthcare plan that attempts to support and expand Obamacare, partly by providing free health care to some adult illegal aliens.
< Health, Immigration, Politics, Gavin Newsom, health care, healthcare, Illegal Aliens, Medicare for All >
- Breitbart News 17:19June 16, 2019Baltimore: More Gun Control, More CrimeShootings are surging in Baltimore despite the presence of bans on "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines, two of the Democrats' go-to gun controls.
< 2nd Amendment, Politics, Baltimore, California, Chicago, Democrat Gun Control, Firearm Safety Act, Gun Rights, Handgun, Second Amendment, Self-Defense >
- Breitbart News 17:07June 16, 2019Buttigieg: 'It's Very Difficult to Take the President at His Word Any Time He Says Anything'Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” 2020 presidential hopeful South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg said the even though President Donald Trump has said he wanted to avoid a Middle East war, it is difficult to take him at his word.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, Pete Buttigieg >
- Breitbart News 17:00June 16, 2019Pete Buttigieg: Trump Administration's Low Credibility Adding Uncertainty on Oil Tanker AttacksSunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," 2020 presidential hopeful South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg said the Trump administration’s low credibility is adding doubt that Iran was behind the attacks on oil tankers in the Middle East.
< Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, Iran, Pete Buttigieg >
- Huffington Post UK 16:59June 16, 2019Tory MPs Have Numbers To Bring Down Next PM To Avoid No-Deal, Warns Amber Rudd
< Politics and Government, boris johnson, government, jeremy hunt, michael gove, amber rudd, Conservative Party UK, Dominic Raab, Motion of no confidence, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, jeremy-hunt, michael-gove, amber-rudd, conservative-party-uk, dominic-raab, motion-of-no-confidence, POLITICS, politics >
- Breitbart News 16:53June 16, 2019Kamala Harris Continues to Lie About Charlottesville 'Very Fine People' HoaxSen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) continues to lie by claiming that President Donald Trump called neo-Nazis in Charlottesville "very fine people" in 2017, repeating the false claim on Friday.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Charlottesville hoax, CNN, fake news, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, very fine people >
- New York Magazine 16:00June 16, 2019The One Percent Got $21 Trillion Richer Since 1989. The Bottom 50 Got Poorer.According to the Federal Reserve’s Distributive Financial Accounts data, the richest 1 percent of Americans became $21 trillion wealthier over the 30 years – while the bottom 50 percent became $900 billion poorer.
< inequality, vision 2020, bernie sanders, elizabeth warren, politics, the economy >
- Huffington Post UK 14:22June 16, 2019Sunday Shows Round-Up: Hunt, Raab And Stewart Battle For Anti-Boris Crown
< brexit, Politics and Government, boris johnson, Conservative Party UK, Dominic Raab, Rory Stewart, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, conservative-party-uk, dominic-raab, rory-stewart, POLITICS, politics >
- Breitbart News 14:07June 16, 2019Iran Cites 'WW II Precedent', Blames U.S. for 'Suspicious' Tanker AttacksCovert U.S. forces could be driving the "suspicious" tanker attacks in the Gulf of Oman to pile pressure on Tehran, Iran's parliament speaker hinted Sunday.
< Israel / Middle East, London / Europe, Politics, Ali Larijani, diplomacy, Iran, Mike Pompeo, Mohammed bin Salman >
- Breitbart News 13:52June 16, 2019Farage's Brexit Party Leads Third National Election Poll in a RowStill less that three months old, The Brexit Party has taken a comfortable lead over the establishment parties for Westminster voting intentions in three consecutive YouGov polls.
< London / Europe, Politics, Boris Johnson, Brexit Party, Conservative Leadership Contest, Nigel Farage, United Kingdom >
- Huffington Post UK 13:00June 16, 2019Conservative Party Is 'Toast' If Brexit Not Delivered By October 31, Says Dominic Raab
< brexit, Politics and Government, boris johnson, jeremy hunt, Sports and Recreation, Brexit negotiations, Conservative Party UK, Dominic Raab, Andrew Marr, Rory Stewart, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, jeremy-hunt, sports-and-recreation, brexit-negotiations, conservative-party-uk, dominic-raab, andrew-marr, rory-stewart, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian 12:59June 16, 2019Dominic Raab: Tories are toast if they miss Brexit October deadlineLeadership candidate says party can’t win election unless it has delivered exit from EUThe former Brexit secretary Dominic Raab has said the Tory party will be “toast” if the government fails to take Britain out of the European Union by the end of October.With the Brexit party leading in several polls, Raab warned about the risk of “corrosion of public trust” for his party. Continue reading...
< Conservative leadership, Brexit, Dominic Raab, Conservatives, Politics, European Union, Foreign policy, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 11:23June 16, 2019This Is London's Murder Rate Compared To Major US Cities
< uk news, uk politics, Politics and Government, Donald Trump, london, sadiq khan, mayor of london, city of london, news, politics, politics-and-government, donald-trump, sadiq-khan, mayor-of-london, city-of-london, NEWS, Politics >
- Breitbart News 11:09June 16, 2019'We Won't Hesitate to Respond': Saudi Prince Lashes Iran over Tanker AttacksSaudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is in no doubt about the origin of a second attack on oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman. He blamed arch-rival Iran on Sunday and vowed his kingdom “won’t hesitate to deal with any threat” to its interests.
< Israel / Middle East, London / Europe, Politics, Gulf of Oman, Iran, Mohammed bin Salman, oil production, Saudi Arabia, shinzo abe, uae >
- The Guardian 09:49June 16, 2019Trump accuses New York Times of 'virtual treason' over Russia cyber warfare reportUS president again accuses journalists of being ‘the enemy of the people’US President Donald Trump on Saturday accused the New York Times of “a virtual act of treason” after it reported the US is stepping up digital incursions into Russia’s electric power grid.Current and former government officials have described the classified deployment of American computer code inside Russia’s power grid and other targets, the newspaper reported. Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, US news, US politics, New York Times, Russia, US press and publishing, Newspapers & magazines, Media, Newspapers >
- Guardian 09:00June 16, 2019My Seditious Heart by Arundhati Roy review – powerful, damning essaysThe Booker-winning Indian author casts an exacting eye over inequality, gender politics and imperialismWith its gold-striped spine, crimson endpapers and silky leaves, My Seditious Heart is a handsome edition of previously published essays by Booker-winning writer Arundhati Roy. Despite the stately presentation and the fact that some of the essays first appeared 20 years ago, these studies are trenchant, still relevant and frequently alarming. Roy reveals some hard truths about modern India and makes powerful analytical forays into American and British foreign policy, aid, imperialism and attitudes.Roy’s India is one of extreme wealth and extreme poverty; opportunity and exploitation; cynicism and hypocrisy; ambition and greed; dynamism and thuggery. “India lives in several centuries at the same time. Somehow we manage to progress and regress simultaneously.” She describes emaciated workers toiling by candlelight through the night to lay broadband cable to accelerate the country’s digital revolution. The Greater Common Good looks at (futile) resistance to the Sardar Sarovar Dam in the Narmada valley, the forced displacement of local people and the slandering of activists as troublemakers. Another essay looks at uranium mining in Jadugoda, while in another piece Roy accompanies tribal anti-government fighters in the forests of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh. Continue reading...
< Arundhati Roy, Essays, Society books, Politics books, Books, Culture >
- Breitbart News 08:14June 16, 2019DNC Debate Preview: Pete Buttigieg Rips Biden, Sanders Over Past PositionsSouth Bend Mayor and 2020 presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg (D) criticized fellow White House rivals former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) in an interview scheduled to air Sunday morning.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary, Bernie Sanders, democratic debate, Iraq War, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, socialism, socialists >
- The Guardian 07:00June 16, 2019Barr's 'investigation of investigators' sparks fears for efforts to thwart RussiaInvestigation into Mueller report origins could hamper attempts to combat Kremlin meddling in 2020 election, ex-officials sayAttorney general William Barr’s controversial decision to launch a new inquiry into the origins of the FBI’s 2016 Russia investigation has fueled concerns about the politicization of the justice department and could hamper attempts to combat Kremlin meddling in the 2020 election, say ex-top DoJ and CIA officials, and key Democrats.Critics say that Barr’s investigation – which partially overlaps another one by the DoJ’s own inspector general – will probably be used by Donald Trump’s re-election campaign to fuel attacks on the special counsel Robert Mueller’s critical conclusions about Russian interference in the 2016 election and subsequent obstruction efforts by the president. Continue reading...
< William Barr, Trump-Russia investigation, US politics, US elections 2020, Donald Trump, Russia, US news, Trump administration >
- Breitbart News 04:37June 16, 2019'Not True!'—Trump Calls NYT Report on Russian Cyber Attacks 'Virtual Act of Treason'President Donald Trump on Saturday denied a New York Times report claiming the U.S. is ramping up cyber attacks against Russia, calling the decision to run the article a "virtual act of treason."
< Media, Politics, Tech, Cyber Attack, Donald Trump, malware, New York Times, Russia, treason >
- Breitbart News 04:26June 16, 2019Michigan's Romney Building Flies Pride Flags for First TimeA state building in Lansing, Michigan displayed Pride flags this weekend for the first time in the state's history.
< Politics, Colorado, Conversion Therapy, Gretchen Whitmer, Jared Polis, LGBT agenda, Michigan, Pride Month, Stonewall Uprising >
- Breitbart News 04:02June 16, 2019Tom Homan: I Haven't Accepted ‘Border Czar’ PostAppearing Saturday on the Fox News Channel with host Neil Cavuto, former Acting Director of ICE Tom Homan said he has not accepted the White House's offer to serve as “border czar,” despite President Donald Trump announcing the day prior that he had done so.
< Immigration, Politics, border, Border Czar, DHS, Donald Trump, Fox News Channel, ICE, Kirstjen Nielsen, Neil Cavuto, Tom Homan >
- ABCNews 04:00June 16, 2019Man arrested for trespassing into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's New York officeAn unidentified man trespassed into Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's district office in Queens on Saturday, sprayed a fire extinguisher and then hid in a closet until police were able to detain him, according to New York's ABC7. Police were alerted to the incident by building security, and the man is in police custody, the station reported, citing the New York Police Department. There was no one at the office at the time, the station said. Ocasio-Cortez was in washington on Saturday. She is due to appear on This Week with George Stephanopoulos on ABC News on Sunday morning.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 03:45June 16, 2019Cenk Uygur: I Don't Know If Candace Owens Is 'Pathetically Stupid' or Just Money Hungry"The Young Turks" co-hosts Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian on Wednesday criticized conservative commentator Candace Owens' recent debate performance against progressive professor Cornel West on the Fox News Channel.
< Media, Politics, Ana Kasparian, Candace Owens, Cenk Uygur, Cornel West, Fox News, Fox News Channel, Laura Ingraham, socialism, The Young Turks >
- Breitbart News 03:40June 16, 2019Don Jr: New York Times No Longer the Paper of RecordThe New York Times is no longer the "paper of record," according to Donald Trump Jr., who reacted to the paper's latest fake news story in a tweet posted Saturday afternoon.
< Media, Politics, $20 bill, Andrew Jackson, Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Don Jr., Donald Trump Jr., fake news, Harriet Tubman, Len Olijar, New York Times, steven mnuchin >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:59June 16, 2019Trump attacks Sadiq Khan over upsurge in London violenceUS leader calls London mayor a ‘disaster’ after three men killed in separate attacks in 24 hoursThe row between Donald Trump and Sadiq Khan has escalated again after the US president called the London mayor “a disaster” in response to violence in the capital, where three men have been killed in separate attacks in less than 24 hours.Retweeting a post by right-wing commentator Katie Hopkins about the killings, the president said the capital needed a new mayor “ASAP” and that Khan “will only get worse!” Continue reading...
< Crime, Sadiq Khan, Donald Trump, Politics, UK news, US news, Knife crime >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:04June 16, 2019Cuts to diplomatic service will reduce Britain’s influence, MPs warnSpending will soon fall to a 20-year low, according to analysis of Foreign Office budgetBritain will be hampered in its ability to retain influence after Brexit as core spending on diplomatic services falls to a 20-year low, ministers will be warned.An analysis of the Foreign Office’s budget since the 1970s, published this week, finds that successive governments have presided over cuts, which have affected Britain’s ability to advance its foreign policy aims. Continue reading...
< Foreign policy, Politics, Hilary Benn >
- Breitbart News 01:59June 16, 2019AOC Fundraising Off Koch Brothers Pledge to Support DemocratsRep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) is taking aim at the Koch Brothers in a new fundraising campaign over the billionaire duo's decision to get involved in Democrat primaries.
< Politics, 2018 midterm elections, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Americans for Prosperity, Amnesty, Donald Trump, Free Trade, Green New Deal, Koch, Libertarian, Medicare for All >
- Modern Tokyo Times 00:47June 16, 2019Suspension of Extradition Bill in Hong Kong but full cancellation is neededSuspension of Extradition Bill in Hong Kong but full cancellation is needed Sawako Utsumi and Lee Jay Walker Modern Tokyo Times The Chief Executive of Hong Kong, Carrie Lam, announced the suspension of the extradition bill that is despised in vast numbers in Hong Kong. Despite this, her distractions seem rather blasé and not based […]
< Asia, China, Geopolitics, Beijing unhappy with Lam, Carrie Lam cracks, Carrie Lam selling out Hong Kong, China unhappy with Carrie Lam, Crisis in Hong Kong, Hong Kong and democracy, Hong Kong crisis, Lam backs down, Lam in U-Turn, Lee Jay Walker, Mass demonstrations in Hong Kong, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, President of Taiwan says “all like-minded friends” stand with the protestors in Hong Kong, President Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan, Sawako Utsumi, Taiwan and democracy, Tokyo news, Xi Jinping diktats >
- Breitbart News 00:30June 16, 2019Cher Wishes Trump 'Was Locked In a Hot Cage with Dirty Water'Left-wing pop singer Cher is once again on the attack against President Donald Trump over immigration policy as she reacts to the newest reports of ICE detentions.
< Entertainment, Politics, Cher, Donald Trump, ICE, Immigration and Customs Enforcement >
- Breitbart News 00:11June 16, 2019Buttigieg on Prosecuting Trump: 'Rule of Law Will Catch Up to' Trump Without Oval Office InterferingDuring a portion of an interview set to air on Sunday’s edition of CNN’s “State of the Union,” 2020 presidential candidate South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg (D) reacted to fellow 2020 candidate Senator Kamala Harris’ (D-CA) statement that if she
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg >
- Breitbart News 00:08June 16, 2019Rep. Carolyn Maloney Joins Impeach Donald Trump Call at New York Rally Democrat Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney joined Impeach President Donald Trump protesters Saturday as she declared her support for launching impeachment proceedings in Congress.
< Politics, Carolyn Maloney, Congress, Donald Trump, impeachment, New York >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:01June 16, 2019Boris Johnson’s no-deal Brexit plan ‘will trigger early election’Top Tories say attempt to appease hardliners means coalition of support for his leadership bid will not survive the autumnBoris Johnson’s attempts to appease hardline Tory Brexiters will tilt the party into a “disastrous general election” that could be just months away, senior Conservatives are warning.The runaway favourite to replace Theresa May is being told that the coalition of support set to deliver him Downing Street “won’t survive the autumn”, when he will have to decide whether to accept a deal with the EU or try to force a no-deal Brexit – a move likely to precipitate an election. Continue reading...
< Conservative leadership, Conservatives, Boris Johnson, UK news, Politics, Kenneth Clarke >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:04June 15, 2019Kenneth Clarke: ‘If there’s no other way you’ve got to bring the government down’The Tory veteran talks of his dismay at the ‘fantasies’ of the leadership race and his fears if Boris Johnson becomes PMSince he entered parliament in 1970, Kenneth Clarke has served under eight Conservative leaders, from Edward Heath to Theresa May. He has also stood three times, in 1997, 2001 and 2005, to be Tory leader himself during difficult periods for his party. But throughout it all he has never known a political crisis remotely like the present.Now aged 78, he still describes himself as “a natural optimist”. But a combination of Brexit and the Tory leadership contest are testing his positive thinking to its limits. Continue reading...
< Conservative leadership, Conservatives, Politics, Boris Johnson, Brexit, Rory Stewart, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 23:01June 15, 2019Donald Trump Blasts Sadiq Khan Over London Violence After Three Die In 24 Hours
< uk news, Donald Trump, london, uk crime, sadiq khan, katie hopkins, news, donald-trump, crime, sadiq-khan, katie-hopkins, NEWS, Politics, politics >
- Breitbart News 22:59June 15, 2019'Khan Is a Disaster': Trump Says London 'Needs New Mayor ASAP' After Three Killings in 24 HoursU.S. President Donald J Trump has said that the UK's capital city "needs a new mayor ASAP" after three killings and three non-fatal stabbings in just 24 hours of Sadiq Khan's London.
< Crime, London / Europe, Politics, Donald Trump, London, London crime, sadiq khan, United Kingdom >