- The Guardian 06:22December 12, 2019Fox host lambasts Trump over 'most sustained assault on press freedom in US history'Chris Wallace, admired for breaking ranks with some in the conservative network, drew applause with most stinging critique yetA leading host on Fox News, a conservative network notorious for its loyalty to the White House, has lambasted Donald Trump for mounting the most direct attack on press freedom in American history.Chris Wallace, widely admired for breaking ranks from Fox colleagues by putting tough questions to administration officials, delivered his most stinging critique yet of the US president at an event celebrating the first amendment. Continue reading...
< Media, Donald Trump, US news, Fox News, US politics, Fox, US television industry >
- The Daily Beast 06:01December 12, 2019Steve Bannon: Tucker Carlson Is Trump’s Most Influential National-Security AdviserREUTERSNo wonder Donald Trump’s third national security adviser John Bolton, along with several four-star generals and distinguished career diplomats, fled the administration with their tails between their legs.“If you don’t think Tucker Carlson has more influence on national security policy than many of the guys on the National Security Council, you’re wrong,” Stephen K. Bannon declared Wednesday tonight to a small group of wealthy Manhattan elites in a baronial Fifth Avenue apartment.Thus, at a meeting of the Common Good lecture series in the modern art-festooned living room of New York plutocrat Richard Cohen, the president’s exiled former chief strategist revealed that America’s global interests are being guided by a Fox News host, a favorite of white nationalists, who recently proclaimed on his primetime show that he “roots for” Russia and Vladimir Putin over the Russia-occupied fledgling democracy of Ukraine.Read more at The Daily Beast.Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
< Politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 05:00December 12, 2019What the papers say as Britain goes to the ballot boxElectoral entreaties abound on the front pages as the UK papers herald the arrival of polling day“Corbyn urges voters to deliver ‘shock to the establishment’” says the Guardian as Jeremy Corbyn hammers home the theme of his Labour leadership.Guardian front page, Thursday 12 December 2019: Corbyn urges voters to deliver ‘shock to the establishment' pic.twitter.com/dCyYOd2nTv Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Newspapers, UK news, Media, Politics, Newspapers & magazines >
- The Daily Beast 04:50December 12, 2019Trump Blasts Trudeau and ‘Pain in the Ass’ Macron Behind Closed Doors Following Viral VideoPhoto Illustration by The Daily Beast / Photos GettyIn the days following the release of a viral video showing world leaders at the NATO meeting in London making fun of him, Donald Trump shot back at his counterparts. The famously sensitive American president lashed out during a closed-door meeting at the White House with more than a dozen ambassadors to the United Nations present, according to three sources with knowledge of the gathering.In doing so, he made a number of foreign officials noticeably on-edge and also upended a portion of the meeting meant to focus on world powers’ security cooperation, not personal gripes.During this private airing of grievances, President Trump repeatedly denigrated the Canadian prime minister behind his back and called the French president a “pain in the ass” while referring to him as “short,” according to an individual who was present for the meeting. Trump also bashed the French leader for not doing enough to help in recent Iran negotiations.Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 04:38December 12, 2019Joe Biden's Immigration Plan: Amnesty for Illegal Aliens, Free All Border Crossers into U.S.Former Vice President Joe Biden's national immigration plan includes an effort to provide amnesty to all 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the United States, freeing border crossers into the country, and restarting welfare-dependent legal immigration that would cost American taxpayers billions.
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, 2020 Democrats, American taxpayers, American workers, border crossers, foreign nationals, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, mass immigration, Open Borders, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border, welfare >
- Breitbart News 04:02December 12, 2019Soros-Linked Group Gets Six GOP Governors to Resettle More RefugeesA pro-mass immigration organization with links to billionaire George Soros has successfully lobbied six Republican governors to resettle more refugees in their states.
< Immigration, Politics, Arizona, Evangelical Immigration Table, George Soros, legal immigration, mass immigration, National Immigration Forum, North Dakota, open borders lobby, refugee resettlement, refugees >
- Breitbart News 04:01December 12, 2019Watch Live: House Judiciary Committee Debates Articles of ImpeachmentThe House Judiciary Committee debates two articles of impeachment against Trump related to the administration's handling of Ukraine policy.
< 2020 Election, Politics, articles of impeachment, House Judiciary Committee, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 03:51December 12, 2019Two Polls Show Majority of Registered Voters Oppose ImpeachmentTwo polls released this week show that a majority of registered voters in America now oppose the impeachment of President Trump and his removal from office.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, impeachment, Monmouth University Poll, Quinnipiac poll >
- Breitbart News 03:12December 12, 2019ICE Deports Over Quarter of a Million Illegals, 5.5K Gang Members in 2019The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency deported more than a quarter of a million illegal aliens from the United States in Fiscal Year 2019, including roughly 5,500 gang members.
< Crime, Immigration, Politics, deportations, gang members, ICE, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, mass immigration, Southern Border, taxpayers, U.S.-Mexico border >
- The Daily Beast 03:06December 12, 2019Michael Horowitz Will Not Save Us. Only We Can Save Us.Win McNameeSo the Michael Horowitz testimony was more or less a dud, but it was a dud for a particular reason, and it’s a reason that should worry us.Congressional hearings are about policy and law. I used to try to watch them on C-SPAN when C-SPAN was a novelty, because I was a government geek and it seemed really cool to be able to see these guys in action, which you never used to be able to do. But even I couldn’t go much more than 10 or 15 minutes. Oh, look, there’s Ted Kennedy! He’s famous. Oh wait. He’s talking about insurance regulations. Hey, where are those Perry Mason reruns?Congressional hearings, even “dramatic” ones, are designed to dwell on the mundane. Policy-making is mundane. They are not designed to clarify urgent moral truths. In fact, precisely because they are designed to illuminate mundane details, you might say they are designed to obscure moral truths.Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Huffington Post UK 03:01December 12, 201911 WTF General Election Moments Ranked From 'Ugh' To 'Let's Burn Everything Down And Start Again'
< boris johnson, michael gove, General election 2019, matt hancock, andrew neil, boris-johnson, michael-gove, general-election-2019, matt-hancock, andrew-neil, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- New York Magazine 03:00December 12, 2019Is Pelosi Falling Between Two Stools in Her Impeachment Strategy?It’s possible House Democrats are disappointing their own troops while psyching Trump’s right out of their skulls.
< politics, impeachment, vision 2020, nancy pelosi, democrats, ukraine scandal, republicans, enthusiasm >
- The Daily Beast 02:30December 12, 2019Andrew Yang’s Campaign Fires Staffer Over Alleged Misconduct After Alyssa Milano Pulls Out of FundraiserAlex Wong/GettyAndrew Yang’s 2020 campaign fired an unnamed staffer over alleged misconduct that first surfaced when actress and #MeToo activist Alyssa Milano announced she would be pulling out of a fundraiser for the Democratic presidential candidate over the incident.Yang said the unspecified “mistreatment” was not sexual in nature, according to Politico, which first reported the staffer’s firing.“To the extent that a particular individual was in a position to mistreat another employee, that’s no longer the case today,” Yang told reporters Wednesday.Read more at The Daily Beast.Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 02:15December 12, 2019DOJ IG Michael Horowitz: Bruce Ohr Still Working at Justice DepartmentHorowitz said Ohr, under scrutiny due to his unusual role in the FBI's investigation of the Trump campaign, still works at the DOJ.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Bruce Ohr, Carter Page, crossfire hurricane, DOJ, FBI, Glenn Simpson, Inspector General (IG) Michael Horowitz, Justice Department, Michael Horowitz >
- The Guardian 02:03December 12, 2019Senate committee passes bipartisan bill to stop Trump withdrawing from NatoSenate foreign relations committee voted unanimously for bill which will now await a slot to go to the Senate Legislation to stop Donald Trump from withdrawing the US from Nato has been approved for a Senate vote, amid uncertainty over the president’s intentions towards the alliance.The Senate foreign relations committee on Wednesday voted unanimously for the bipartisan bill which will now await a slot to go to the Senate. Senator Tim Kaine, the draft legislation’s lead Democratic sponsor, said it was a response to fears that the Trump administration is actively considering withdrawal. Continue reading...
< Nato, World news, Trump administration, US news, US politics >
- Breitbart News 01:59December 12, 2019Donald Trump Celebrates Hanukkah, Denounces Antisemitic Attack in New Jersey"Yesterday two wicked murderers opened fire at a kosher supermarket and killed four innocent souls, including a brave police officer who faced down the shooter," Trump said.
< Israel / Middle East, Politics, Alan Dershowitz, Austin Polanski, Black Hebrew Israelites, Hanukkah, Robert Jeffress, Robert Kraft >
- New York Magazine 01:55December 12, 2019Donald Trump Jr. Exploits Nepotism by Shooting Endangered Animal in MongoliaThe president’s son got a rare retroactive permit to kill an endangered argali in Mongolia, a country that relies heavily on U.S. aid.
< donald trump jr., politics, mongolia, trump administration, nepotism >
- New York Magazine 01:47December 12, 2019Polling Drought Helps Winnow Democratic Debate FieldAfter Thanksgiving, debate-qualifying polls dried up.
< politics, vision 2020, democratic debates, tulsi gabbard, cory booker, julian castro, polls >
- Huffington Post UK 01:46December 12, 2019Rocking Around The Jezmas Tree As Santa Corbyn Tells Final Rallies Change Is Coming
< Politics and Government, jeremy corbyn, Christmas, Labour Party UK, elections, Leader of the Labour Party UK, politics-and-government, jeremy-corbyn, christmas, labour-party-uk, leader-of-the-labour-party-uk, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 01:30December 12, 2019Corbyn and Johnson deliver final messages as election polls narrowParty leaders spend day travelling to key marginals urging voters to back their vision for the countryGeneral election – live newsJeremy Corbyn urged Britain to “shock the establishment” and “vote for hope”, while Boris Johnson pleaded with voters to back him and settle the issue of Brexit before Christmas, at the conclusion of a bruising election campaign.Both leaders stressed that the result could be very close as they toured marginal seats across the country with just 24 hours to go before the ballot boxes open on Thursday. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Politics, UK news, Conservatives, Labour, Liberal Democrats, Scottish National party (SNP) >
- The Guardian(UK) 01:30December 12, 2019Factcheck: Christmas won't be more expensive under LabourWe examine the Tories’ claim that the cost of the festive season for families would rise by over £100 under Jeremy CorbynThe Conservatives claimed that Christmas for families across Britain would be a third more expensive under Labour. Continue reading...
< Household bills, Utilities, Consumer affairs, Politics, UK news >
- Breitbart News 01:14December 12, 2019Atheist Group ‘Bullies’ Public School into Cutting 3rd Grade Live Nativity from Christmas ShowAn Oklahoma public elementary school removed its third-grade live Nativity scene from its annual Christmas production after receiving a threatening letter from an atheist group.
< Education, Faith, Politics, anti-Christian attacks, bullying, Establishment Clause, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Liberty Counsel, Nativity Scene, Oklahoma >
- The Daily Beast 01:06December 12, 2019Nationalists Are Murdering Jews. Trump Is Targeting Campus Activists.Carlos Barria/ReutersIncidents of antisemitism rose 60% in the first year of Donald Trump’s presidency. The next two years saw two of the deadliest attacks against Jews in American history – the October 27, 2018 terrorist massacre at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and the April 29, 2019, attack on the Chabad center in Poway, California. Both were carried out by right-wing nationalists, with the same populist ideology. And so Trump is finally taking action —against the Left. In a remarkable executive order, an advance copy of which was released today, President Trump effectively amended Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, which prohibits “discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance,” to include antisemitism. Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 00:38December 12, 2019Watch Live: President Donald Trump Hosts Hanukkah Reception at the White HouseThe event is scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m. EST.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Hanukkah >
- Breitbart News 00:35December 12, 2019De Blasio Deports Thousands of Homeless Families Across AmericaNew York City is dealing with its homeless problem by relocating those sleeping in the streets or in shelters to other American cities.
< Politics, Social Justice, Bill de Blasio, Georgia, Hawaii, homelessness, New Jersey, New York City >
- New York Magazine 00:20December 12, 2019Hunter Biden Is the New Hillary Clinton Email ServerIs there any way for Democrats to avoid replaying the 2016 nightmare?
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, joe biden, hunter biden, ukraine scandal, 2020 elections >
- The Daily Beast 00:18December 12, 2019Racist ‘Groypers’ Step up Attacks on Campus Conservative GroupsIllustration by Elizabeth Brockway/The Daily BeastThis week: Racist activists who call themselves “groypers” are stepping up their attacks on more mainstream conservative groups, hosting an event next week aimed directly at conservative campus group Turning Point USA. Since October, the “groypers,” who take their name from an obese cartoon toad who’s like a more racist version of Pepe the Frog, have been showing up at campus events hosted by conservative groups like Turning Point and Young America’s Foundation. They ask questions meant to push their anti-Semitic and racist beliefs into mainstream pro-Trump conservatism, and heckle speakers—even Donald Trump Jr. Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 00:09December 12, 2019U.S. Senators File Bill Targeting Mexican Cartels with Sanctions Similar to Terrorist DesignationTwo U.S. Senators filed a bill that would target Mexican cartels and other transnational criminal organizations through financial, criminal, and immigration sanctions. The sanctions are similar to the ones they would face if they were designated as foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs) by the State Department.
< Border / Cartel Chronicles, Politics >
- Breitbart News 00:09December 12, 2019Kamala Harris Uses IG Report Hearing to Push Impeachment, Attack BarrSen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) used the bulk of her time during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday on FBI abuses in surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016 to Attorney General William Barr and push for President Donald Trump's impeachment.
< 2020 Election, Politics, ig report, impeachmen, Kamala Harris, Michael Horowitz, Rudy Giuliani, Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky >
- The Daily Beast 00:04December 12, 2019Ukrainians: Trump Just Sent Us ‘a Terrible Signal’Ukrainian officials spent last weekend glued to Trump’s Twitter feed. People working closely with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky have been in contact with Trump administration officials over the past several weeks discussing the relationship between the two presidents, according to four people with knowledge of the talks. Based on those conversations, Ukrainian officials came to expect that Trump would make a statement of support before Zelensky met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in France for peace talks. A statement might even come via Twitter, they said they were told. “Through all the signals we got, we firmly believed there would be a statement,” a senior Zelensky administration official told The Daily Beast. Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Politics >
- Breitbart News 23:54December 11, 2019Democrat Rep. Ted Lieu Undergoes Heart Surgery Following Chest PainRep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) underwent heart surgery following reports of chest pains, his chief of staff confirmed on Wednesday.
< Politics, hospital, impeachment inquiry, surgery, Ted Lieu >
- Breitbart News 23:52December 11, 2019Mitch McConnell Blasts Democrats for 'Most Unfair Impeachment Inquiry in Modern History'Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) blasted Democrats in the House for rushing ahead on impeachment "based on the least thorough and most unfair impeachment inquiry in modern history."
< 2020 Election, Politics, articles of impeachment, Donald Trump, impeachment, Mitch McConnell >
- Breitbart News 23:51December 11, 2019FNC's Chris Wallace to Interview James Comey, Adam Schiff"Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace will interview fired FBI Director James Comey and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) in the wake of the House Democrats' impeachment effort and the release of the Justice Department inspector general report on FISA abuses committed by the FBI during the 2016 election.
< Media, Politics, Adam Schiff, Chris Wallace, FBI, Fox News, impeachment, James Comey >
- Breitbart News 23:45December 11, 2019FNC's Wallace: 'Terrible Misconduct' from FBI Doesn’t Mean Russia Probe Was FraudulentOn Wednesday, "Fox News Sunday," anchor Chris Wallace reacted to Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s Senate Judiciary Committee testimony by suggesting the FBI deserved the benefit of the doubt.
< Clips, Politics, Chris Wallace, FISA, Russia investigation >
- New York Times 23:32December 11, 2019U.K. Elections Explained: What to Know as Britain VotesBritish voters will choose their next government on Thursday. But the country’s parliamentary system has a way of throwing up surprises. Here’s what to watch for.
< Legislatures and Parliaments, Politics and Government, Great Britain >
- New York Magazine 23:14December 11, 2019Sinclair, Conservative Local TV Giant, Cuts Pro-Trump PropagandistThe company is dropping right-wing opinion segments from former Trump staffer Boris Epshteyn.
< sinclair broadcast group, donald trump, the media, politics >
- ABCNews 22:43December 11, 2019Amid impeachment, House Democrats push measure to lower cost of prescription drugsAmid their impeachment efforts, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and fellow Democrats on Wednesday pushed a bill to lower drug costs ahead of a vote on Thursday.
< Politics >
- The Daily Beast 22:42December 11, 2019DOJ IG Michael Horowitz: My Report Doesn’t ‘Vindicate Anybody’During Wednesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Justice Department inspector general’s report on possible FISA abuses in the Russia probe, top inspector Michael Horowitz pushed back against former FBI Director James Comey’s suggestion that the findings vindicated bureau actions.While Horowitz’s recently released report finds that there was no political bias by FBI leadership and that there was sufficient evidence to launch a counterintelligence probe of Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign, it also chided the FBI for “fundamental errors” in its investigation of former Trump campaign official Carter Page.Noting that Comey figuratively spiked the football over Horowitz’s report in a Washington Post op-ed, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-SC) asked the inspector general: “Former FBI Director James Comey said this week that your report vindicates him. Is that a fair assessment of your report?”Read more at The Daily Beast.Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here
< Politics >
- Business Insider 22:40December 11, 2019US 12-month budget deficit above $1 trillion for 2nd straight monthAP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin The US budget deficit continued to swell in November as Washington continued to spend more than it collected in revenue.
The 12-month deficit came in above $1 trillion for a second month in a row.
Lawmakers typically have more tools to reduce the national debt when the economy is in a solid place, but recent legislation has taken it the opposite direction.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. The US budget deficit continued to swell in November as Washington continued to spend more than it collected in revenue despite solid economic growth.
The gap between federal expenditures and receipts grew to $209 billion last month, the Treasury Department said in its monthly budget statement Wednesday. In the same month last year, the government budget deficit was $205 billion. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: A big-money investor in juggernauts like Facebook and Netflix breaks down the '3rd wave' firms that are leading the next round of tech disruptionSee Also:Divorce isn't a failure, therapists say. In fact, it could mean the marriage was a success.11 habits that can make you lose respect at workIndia's richest man got $16.4 billion richer in 2019. Meet the Ambanis, Asia's wealthiest family, who live in a $1 billion skyscraper and mingle with royals and Bollywood stars.SEE ALSO: Trump blocks global trade referee powers just ahead of planned China escalation
< Trump, Budget, Economy, Deficit, Policy, Politics, Budget Deficits, budget deficit, >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:36December 11, 2019BBC denies political editor's postal vote comments broke lawLaura Kuenssberg said on air that ballots in so far were looking ‘grim’ for LabourThe BBC has said its political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, did not break electoral law when she reported claims that postal ballots painted a “grim” picture for Labour.Kuenssberg told viewers on Wednesday that while parties were not supposed to look at voting papers when they were verified – but not counted – at opening sessions, they did “get a hint” of how they were doing and it was not looking good for Labour. Continue reading...
< Laura Kuenssberg, BBC, General election 2019, Politics, Media, UK news >
- Breitbart News 22:25December 11, 2019Daniel Goldman, Lead Impeachment Investigator, Claimed Steele Dossier Was TrueDaniel Goldman, the lead impeachment investigator for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) on the House Intelligence Committee, claimed in 2018 that the Steele dossier was true and defended the FBI for using it to investigate then-candidate Donald Trump.
< Politics, Adam Schiff, Daniel Goldman, House Intelligence Committee, impeachment, impeachment inquiry, pee tape, Russia dossier, Steele dossier >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:22December 11, 2019Fridge-hiding, the final frontier in election WTF-ery | Marina HydeThe prime minister now has something in common with honey, potatoes and avocadosWe begin with a fact-check. This general election campaign has officially been going on since around the mid-cretaceous period. Its final day saw an update to the list of things you shouldn’t keep in the fridge, with the likes of honey, potatoes and avocados now joined by “the UK prime minister”. All the party leaders embarked on a frantic cross-country campaigning dash on Wednesday, but only one of them … no, I’m sorry. I can’t face it yet. Give it a minute.At dawn, Boris Johnson embarked on a sort of softcore Confessions of a Prime Minister tour, which by 10am had already seen him dress up as a milkman, then pop something in someone’s oven. What next? Pool boy? Cable guy? At this rate of innuendo it seemed reasonable to assume Johnson would simply be barebacking grateful activists live on the lunchtime news. Of course, his version of all this does subvert the classic porn trope. Traditionally, it’s a blue-collar guy coming to the suburban professional’s house while he’s out at work. In this case, it’s an old Etonian milkman knocking on the door of working-class homes. Someone’s certainly going to get screwed, but not in a sexual way. Continue reading...
< Politics, UK news, Conservatives, Boris Johnson >
- Business Insider 22:11December 11, 2019Giorgio Armani, who just bought a $17.5 million penthouse, doesn't believe he's the third-richest person in Italy: 'There are some people who are hiding'Photo by Lia Toby/BFC/Getty Images Billionaire fashion designer Giorgio Armani just bought a $17.5 million penthouse in Manhattan.
On December 4, The Guardian published fashion editor Hannah Marriott's interview with Armani.
In it, Armani disputed Forbes' estimate of his wealth and said he doesn't like what Marriott terms the "billionaire bashing" seen in both the US and UK elections.
Armani has a personal fortune of about $11 billion, according to Forbes, and is known for his namesake luxury brand, which was founded in 1975.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories On December 4, The Guardian published fashion editor Hannah Marriott's interview with billionaire fashion designer Giorgio Armani, shortly after after he was honored with the "Outstanding Achievement" award at this year's British Fashion Awards.
Less than a week later, Katherine Clarke of The Wall Street Journal reported that Armani had purchased the New York City penthouse belonging to his neighbor, departing T-Mobile CEO John Legere, for "roughly $17.5 million."See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Traditional Japanese swords can take over 18 months to create — here's what makes them so specialSee Also:Giorgio Armani just bought a $17.5 million penthouse in NYC. Take a look at how one of the richest men in fashion spends his fortune, from a 213-foot yacht to homes in Italy and the Caribbean.The 15 richest people in the fashion industry, ranked5 books Bill Gates wants you to read this holiday seasonSEE ALSO: The CEO of Tiffany said customers 'don't care' who owns the brand just days before the company agreed to be bought by luxury giant LVMH
DON'T MISS: The French billionaire whose company controls luxury giants like Gucci says brands should be taking 'bold public positions' against the mistreatment of women
< Fashion, Arts & Culture, BI Select, Luxury, Politics, News, Style, Giorgio Armani, >
- ABCNews 22:08December 11, 2019In heart-wrenching case, Supreme Court examines international child custody battleA child custody battle between an American mother, who alleges she's a victim of domestic abuse, and her Italian ex-husband played out before the U.S. Supreme Court.
< Politics >
- Business Insider 22:07December 11, 2019Fed leaves interest rates unchanged, signals it will pause through 2020REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst The Federal Reserve left borrowing costs unchanged at its last policy meeting of the year on Wednesday.
Policymakers signaled they saw little to no need to boost the economy further anytime soon.
The pause is likely to draw ire from President Donald Trump, who regularly pressures the policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee to cut rates.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. The Federal Reserve left borrowing costs unchanged at its last policy meeting of the year on Wednesday and signaled that policymakers saw no need to boost the economy further anytime soon.
The central bank predicted current interest rate levels could keep the record-long expansion humming for now, even against a backdrop of cooling global growth and ongoing trade disputes. Those strains had prompted policymakers to reverse course this summer and pursue stimulus measures for the first time since the financial crisis.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: A big-money investor in juggernauts like Facebook and Netflix breaks down the '3rd wave' firms that are leading the next round of tech disruptionSee Also:11 habits that can make you lose respect at workNew York City's secret subway line with antique cars is back in service — here's what it's like to ride itIndia's richest man got $16.4 billion richer in 2019. Meet the Ambanis, Asia's wealthiest family, who live in a $1 billion skyscraper and mingle with royals and Bollywood stars.SEE ALSO: Democrats and White House announce NAFTA rewrite, giving Trump a win as his impeachment scandal rages
< Federal Reserve, Economy, Interest Rates, Policy, Politics, Central Banks, Monetary Policy, Trump, Fed, >
- Breitbart News 22:02December 11, 2019Pelosi: Impeachment Has Been Going on 'Two and a Half Years, Actually'On Tuesday in Washington, D.C., at Politico’s Women Rule Summit, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) admitted the impeachment process of President Donald Trump has been going on for “two and a half” years. When asked about criticisms of “the speed”
< Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, impeachment, Nancy Pelosi >
- Huffington Post UK 21:43December 11, 2019Whatever The Election Result, Fear Looks Like The Real Winner
< Politics and Government, jeremy corbyn, boris johnson, Labour Party UK, elections, the waugh zone, General election 2019, Leader of the Labour Party UK, politics-and-government, jeremy-corbyn, boris-johnson, labour-party-uk, the-waugh-zone, general-election-2019, leader-of-the-labour-party-uk, POLITICS, politics >
- Breitbart News 21:24December 11, 2019Ten Disturbing Findings in the Justice Department Inspector General ReportThe Justice Department inspector general report released on Monday shed light on some disturbing findings with how the FBI handled the investigation and surveillance of the Trump campaign.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Carter Page, crossfire hurricane, Crossfire Hurricane investigation, FBI, FISA, FISA abuse, Inspector General Report, Justice Department >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:30December 11, 2019I’ve always been Labour, but tomorrow I will be voting tactically | Steve CooganTo help stop Boris Johnson, I am putting aside a lifetime of party loyaltyIf you’re happy with the prospect of a Conservative government led by Boris Johnson, read no further. This article-cum-rant is not for you. But if, like me, you’re terrified of the hard Brexit and Trump assault on our NHS that would inevitably follow, please read on. I’m going to ask some of you to do something you may never have contemplated before.I used to deliver leaflets for my Liberal councillor father but voted Labour. Now, in a sense I’m doing the opposite. I’m a traditional Labour voter living in Lewes, East Sussex, where even the most optimistic Corbynista recognises that the most effective way to stop Johnson wreaking havoc on our country is to vote Liberal Democrat. I have met their candidate, Oli Henman, a young man with a beard, whom I liked. I told him I would vote for him. I don’t think I have ever voted Lib Dem before, but I understand how vital it is in this election to “box clever” and vote tactically. I’m hoping in my own small way to set an example to other Labour supporters, however uncomfortable they may find it to break their traditional loyalty. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Tactical voting, Boris Johnson, Labour, Conservatives, Liberal Democrats, Politics, UK news >
- New York Magazine 20:28December 11, 2019Trump Pays $2 Million Fine for Abusing His Own CharityThe money was paid to eight real charities, per the terms of a settlement.
< trump foundation, donald trump, politics >