- New York Times 13:37March 20, 2019May Expected to Request Brexit Delay as U.K. Government Remains in CrisisRetreating in the face of a bitterly divided cabinet, Prime Minister Theresa May is now said to be requesting only a short extension in the process.
< Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Conservative Party (Great Britain), House of Commons (Great Britain), European Union, May, Theresa M, Brussels (Belgium), London (England), Politics and Government, Legislatures and Parliaments, European Parliament, Great Britain, Europe >
- New York Times 12:00March 19, 2019U.S. Pressures Iraq Over Embrace of Militias Linked to IranThe push against the Iraqi groups by top American officials has fueled tensions between the two nations and within the Trump administration.
< United States Defense and Military Forces, United States International Relations, Embargoes and Sanctions, United States Politics and Government, Electric Light and Power, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, Popular Mobilization Forces (Iraq), State Department, Mahdi, Adel Abdul, Pompeo, Mike, Iraq, Iran >
- New York Times 04:54March 19, 2019Canada’s Top Public Servant Is Fourth Official to Resign in Political ScandalThe public servant, Michael Wernick, was accused of improperly pressing the former attorney general to settle a corruption case.
< Politics and Government, United States Politics and Government, Legislatures and Parliaments, New Democratic Party (Canada), SNC-Lavalin Group Inc, Trudeau, Justin, Canada, Ottawa (Ontario) >
- New York Times 01:18March 19, 2019Theresa May Is Warned She Cannot Hold a Third Vote on Her Brexit PlanJohn Bercow, the speaker of the House of Commons, has ruled that the plan cannot be brought before Parliament unless it undergoes “substantial” alterations.
< Politics and Government, Legislatures and Parliaments, Great Britain Withdrawal from EU (Brexit), Great Britain, May, Theresa M >
- New York Times 12:31March 17, 2019Philippines Officially Leaves the International Criminal CourtThe court has been investigating whether President Rodrigo Duterte committed crimes against humanity in the course of his drug crackdown.
< Philippines, International Criminal Court, Duterte, Rodrigo, War Crimes, Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity, Politics and Government >
- New York Times 12:08March 17, 2019New Zealand Shooting Live Updates: ‘There Will Be Changes’ to Gun Laws, Prime Minister SaysNew Zealand grappled with grief and horror on Sunday, as the death toll rose to 50, two days after a terrorist attack at two mosques in the city of Christchurch.
< Christchurch, New Zealand, Attack (March 2019), Gun Control, Firearms, Politics and Government, Mosques, Ardern, Jacinda, Tarrant, Brenton Harrison, Christchurch (New Zealand), New Zealand >
- New York Times 09:00March 17, 2019‘It Is Unspeakable’: How Maduro Used Cuban Doctors to Coerce Venezuela VotersPresident Nicolás Maduro sent doctors door-to-door to warn the ill and elderly that care would be cut off unless they voted for the governing party, said 16 Cuban physicians who worked in Venezuela.
< Venezuela, Cuba, Medicine and Health, Doctors, Maduro, Nicolas, Politics and Government, Shortages, Voter Registration and Requirements, Rationing and Allocation of Resources, Chavez, Hugo >