- Business Insider 21:02July 7, 2020Stop trying to shame companies that took PPP loansHello, everyone! Welcome to the new edition of Insider Today. Please sign up here. QUOTE OF THE DAY
"It was positive for me." — Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro announcing he has tested positive for coronavirus, after months of flouting public health recommendations, rejecting masks, and doubting the seriousness of the pandemic. WHAT'S HAPPENING
Bebeto Matthews/AP PhotoSee the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Why thoroughbred horse semen is the world's most expensive liquidSee Also:Hong Kong is gone. It's over.Don't arrest anti-maskers. There's a better way to handle them.Suze Orman says the usual savings advice isn't enough right now — you should save at least 8 months of expenses
< Insider Today, BI Commentary, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, PPP lending program, PPP, coronavirus, Hong Kong, Censorship, Free Speech, >
- Huffington Post UK 19:24July 6, 2020Meghan Markle On George Floyd's Killing: People Have Said 'Enough'
< Racism, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, world news, George Floyd, racism, meghan-markle, prince-harry, world-news, george-floyd, NEWS, news, Politics, politics, Life, life >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:23July 6, 2020Harry and Meghan say Commonwealth 'must acknowledge the past'Couple say process will be uncomfortable but ‘needs to be done because everyone benefits’The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said the Commonwealth “must acknowledge the past”, even if it is “uncomfortable”, as the couple spoke of historic injustice, unconscious bias and racism in light of the Black Lives Matter movement.They said the Commonwealth, which grew out of the British empire and is headed by Prince Harry’s grandmother the Queen, needed to follow the example of others, and they accepted it would not be easy. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Monarchy, British empire, Black Lives Matter movement, Race, UK news, World news >
- Breitbart News 12:18July 2, 2020'I'm Sorry': Prince Harry Apologises for 'Institutional Racism' in Cringe Video AddressThe progressive Duke of Sussex, Prince Harry, said that he is "sorry" for not doing enough to fight institutional racism, claiming that it is "endemic" in society and that "unconscious bias" must be recognised and confronted.
< London / Europe, Politics, Social Justice, Black Lives Matter, Black Lives Matter UK, Duchess of Sussex, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Duke of Sussex, Elites, liberal elites, Meghan Markle, prince harry, Woke Celebrities, Woke Royals >
- Huffington Post UK 10:54July 2, 2020Pregnant Meghan Markle Was ‘Unprotected’ By Royal Family Against Tabloids: Lawsuit
< Prince Harry, world news, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, kensington palace, British Royal Family, People magazine, prince-harry, world-news, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, kensington-palace, british-royal-family, people-magazine, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 20:22July 1, 2020Prince Harry Speaks Out Against Institutional Racism: It Has 'No Place' In Society
< Racism, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, black lives matter, Diana, Princess of Wales, racism, meghan-markle, prince-harry, black-lives-matter, diana-princess-of-wales, LIFE, lifestyle, News, news >
- Huffington Post UK 12:30June 17, 2020Rebel Wilson Insists Royals 'Secretly Loved' Jibes About Princes Harry And Andrew At Baftas
< uk celebrity, Prince Harry, awards season, royal family, baftas, Prince Andrew, prince philip, Rebel Wilson, celebrity, prince-harry, awards-season, royal-family, prince-andrew, prince-philip, rebel-wilson, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 12:32June 16, 2020Liza Minnelli Clarifies Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Friendship Reports
< uk celebrity, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Liza Minnelli, celebrity, meghan-markle, prince-harry, liza-minnelli, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Business Insider 23:19May 19, 202012 ways Meghan Markle and Prince Harry modernized the monarchySamir Hussein/Getty Images Meghan Markle and Prince Harry celebrate their two-year wedding anniversary today.
The couple has continuously broken royal tradition, frequently departing from protocol throughout their relationship.
Like other millennials, they're changing the face of marriage — they're just doing it at an elevated level that's modernizing the monarchy.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Two years ago, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry tied the knot.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since stepped back as working members of the royal family and relocated to Los Angeles, where they're reportedly house hunting.
This move is just latest way Harry and Meghan have broken royal protocol since their dating days. Like other millennials, they're changing the way marriage looks compared with previous generations — they're just doing it in a more high-profile way that influences the monarchy.
Millennials are waiting longer to get married, INSIDER's Kim Renfro reported; Harry and Meghan were 33 and 36 when they wed. But by adding nontraditional elements to their wedding and displaying affection in public — among other protocol-breaking actions — they've taken things a few steps further.
Here's how the royal couple has broken royal traditions.Before getting married, Harry brought Meghan to the queen's holiday festivities.
Royal protocol dictates that only spouses of royals can attend the queen's festivities at her private estate in Norfolk, according to INSIDER's Talia Lakritz. Even Kate Middleton wasn't allowed to spend Christmas with the royal family in 2010.
Harry reportedly asked the queen to make an exception, and Meghan became the first royal fiancée to spend Christmas with the royal family.
Meghan is the first mixed-race divorced woman to marry into the royal family.
Yui Mok / Getty
"It was deemed a royal union fit for the twenty-first century and a turning point for the monarchy," the royal biographer Katie Nicholl wrote in her new book, "Harry and Meghan: Life, Loss, and Love." "Meghan was the first mixed-race divorcee to marry into the royal family, something that, decades ago, would have been unthinkable."
Her marriage to Harry also marks the first time a royal family member had a church wedding with a divorced woman.
The couple married in May — an unlucky month, per royal superstition.
Since the age of Queen Victoria, it's been a superstition that it's unlucky for British royals to get married in May, but Meghan and Harry, who tied the knot on May 19, 2018, were one of the few royal couples to do so, according to Claire Nowak of Reader's Digest.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:A day in the life of a private chef in NYC, who has been taking the subway to his clients' homes throughout the pandemic and cooking them meals like beef ribeye and kale saladJack Ma is resigning from SoftBank's board. Here's a look at how the cofounder of Alibaba and the richest person in China built his fortune.A day in the life of a Deutsche Bank managing director who used to travel 10 days a month for work and is now hunkering down in New York's Catskill Mountains during the pandemicSEE ALSO: Meghan Markle just gave birth to a baby boy — from a $200,000 baby shower to a $500,000 maternity wardrobe, here's how much her pregnancy has cost
DON'T MISS: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just made their final appearance as working royals — here's how much money they'll need to maintain their lavish lifestyle independent of the crown
< Features, Royal Family, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Royal Baby, Arts & Culture, BI Select, >
- Huffington Post UK 16:25May 19, 2020Celebrate Meghan Markle And Prince Harry's 2nd Wedding Anniversary With These Magical Moments
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, Royal Families, entertainment, Royals, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, royal-families, royals, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Business Insider 02:16May 8, 2020Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly living in Tyler Perry's $18 million Beverly Hills mansionGetty/WPA Pool/Pool An anonymous source has told the Daily Mail that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are staying in Tyler Perry's $18 million mansion in Beverly Hills.
The Daily Mail does not know if the couple is renting the property, or if they are staying there as guests.
Meghan and Harry stepped down as senior royals earlier this year and have been living in Los Angeles since leaving Canada the end of March.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. The Daily Mail reports that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are living in Tyler Perry's $18 million mansion in Beverly Hills with their 1-year-old son Archie. Sources told the Daily Mail that the couple has been staying in Perry's home since they stepped down as senior royals and moved to Los Angeles at the end of March.
Perry's home is a Tuscan-style villa, with 12 bathrooms and eight bedrooms, located in the exclusive Beverly Ridge Estates. Tatler's Annabel Sampson reports that Paris Hilton used to be a resident of the ritzy, celebrity-packed community. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Why electric planes haven't taken off yetSee Also:Take a look inside some of the lavish mansions in the French Riviera enclave where homes cost $13 million and the ultrawealthy residents have access to private coronavirus testingA 'millionaires club' is chauffeuring take-out from Michelin-starred restaurants to its ultrawealthy members in ThailandThe elite are snapping up 'pandemic passports' so they can escape to safer countriesSEE ALSO: Actually, it would be pretty easy for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to build a billion-dollar brand
DON'T MISS: 20 stunning photos show why Malibu would be the perfect new home for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
< Arts & Culture, BI Select, Royal, Meghan and Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Real Estate, Tyler Perry, Malibu, Oprah, >
- Huffington Post UK 12:36May 7, 2020Author Emily Giffin Unleashes On Meghan Markle Over Archie's Birthday Video
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, duchess of sussex, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, Emily Giffin, meghan-markle, prince-harry, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, duchess-of-sussex, archie-harrison-mountbatten-windsor, emily-giffin, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 14:19May 6, 2020Meghan Markle Reads To Archie In The Sweetest First Birthday Video
< Children, celebrity parents, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, how to raise a kid, Royal Baby, children, celebrity-parents, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, how-to-raise-a-kid, royal-baby, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:17May 6, 2020Sweet Photos Of Archie Mountbatten-Windsor To Mark The Royal's Birthday
< Prince Harry, royal family, Royal Families, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, prince-harry, royal-family, royal-families, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:13May 6, 2020Happy First Birthday Archie
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, Royals, archie, Archie birthday, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, royals, archie-birthday, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 18:39May 4, 2020Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Book 'Finding Freedom' Coming Out This Summer
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, entertainment, Books and Publishing, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, books-and-publishing, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 14:24May 1, 2020Setback for Meghan in privacy claim against Mail on Sunday ownerJudge rules part of Duchess of Sussex’s case against Associated Newspapers be struck outThe Duchess of Sussex has been dealt a blow in the first stage of her privacy claim against the publishers of the Mail on Sunday after a judge ruled that part of her case should be struck out.Lawyers for Associated Newspapers had argued last month against elements of her claim, including that some words and sentences from a letter sent to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, had been “dishonestly” cut out before publication in order to paint a misleading picture of the relationship between father and daughter. Continue reading...
< Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, UK news, Prince Harry, Associated Newspapers, Media, National newspapers, Newspapers, Newspapers & magazines, Privacy & the media >
- Huffington Post UK 12:02April 28, 2020Prince Harry Makes Celebratory Cameo In Thomas The Tank Engine Episode
< Children, Prince Harry, royal family, Television, thomas the tank engine, children, prince-harry, royal-family, television, thomas-the-tank-engine, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 11:26April 21, 2020Piers Morgan Bans Any Mention Of Harry And Meghan On Good Morning Britain
< uktv, Meghan Markle, piers morgan, Prince Harry, good morning britain, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, meghan-markle, piers-morgan, prince-harry, good-morning-britain, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 17:11April 20, 2020Meghan And Harry's Rebuke Of The Tabloids Was A Wasted Opportunity
< coronavirus, Meghan Markle, Opinion, Prince Harry, royal family, andrew neil, meghan-markle, opinion, prince-harry, royal-family, andrew-neil, NEWS, news >
- The Guardian 14:17April 20, 2020Prince Harry pleaded with Thomas Markle on eve of wedding, court papers showHarry repeatedly tried to contact Meghan’s father, warning that talking to press would ‘backfire’Prince Harry pleaded with his then future father-in-law, Thomas Markle, to stop talking to the newspapers and blamed the media for the collapse of his relationship with the royal couple, according to a series of text messages sent on the eve of the Duke of Sussex’s wedding to Meghan Markle.The messages, revealed in court documents filed at the high court on Monday, show Harry repeatedly tried to make contact in the days before the televised royal wedding in May 2018. Thomas Markle, who lives in Mexico, had been expected to walk his daughter down the aisle in the ceremony at Windsor Palace, and was revealed by the Mail on Sunday to have helped stage paparazzi pictures of himself preparing for the wedding. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, UK news, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Mail on Sunday >
- Business Insider 01:01April 17, 2020Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were spotted delivering meals to critically ill people in West HollywoodChris Jackson/Getty Images Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were spotted delivering food to those in need in West Hollywood.
They worked with Project Angel Food, a meals-on-wheels service that's continued operating during the COVID-19 pandemic but has been struggling with a drop in delivery volunteers.
The couple is known for their charity work and recently announced their intention to launch a new charitable organization called Archewell.
The couple formally stepped down as working members of the royal family on March 31. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. A pair of high-profile delivery people have been making stops around West Hollywood this week, handing out free meals to charity recipients. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle — sporting jeans and face-masks — have been dropping off food to some of the critically ill individuals served by the Marianne Williamson-founded Project Angel Food.
"I thought that tall red-headed guy looked pretty familiar, and that girl was very pretty. Then I saw the large black SUVs with the security guards behind them," Dan Tyrell told WeHoVille of his surprise visitors. "If they had given me the heads up, I would have worn my tiara!"See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Tax Day is now July 15 — this is what it's like to do your own taxes for the very first timeSee Also:Singapore is launching a new audit system to certify that its hotels are clean and safe to ease post-coronavirus travel fears'It's just a finger prick': A real-estate agent in America's richest ZIP code — a private island off the coast of Miami — says people have started getting coronavirus antibody tests and spend the rest of their time isolated in $3 million condosPhotos of crowded cafés and parks show what life is like in Sweden, one of the only European countries not under strict lockdown during the coronavirus outbreakSEE ALSO: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just made their final appearance as working royals — here's how much money they'll need to maintain their lavish lifestyle independent of the crown
DON'T MISS: One of the richest millennials in the world has donated over $15 million to coronavirus relief in the UK
< BI Select, Royal, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Arts & Culture, Los Angeles, Charity, Los Angeles Magazine, Contributor, ELcontributor, West Hollywood, >
- Huffington Post UK 10:47April 16, 2020Princess Anne Gives Rare Interview Urging Young Royals Not To Reinvent The Wheel
< Celebrities, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, Royals, The Royal Family, princess anne, celebrities, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, royals, the-royal-family, princess-anne, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 11:23April 14, 2020Jane Goodall Says Prince Harry Alluded To His Royal Exit Months Ago
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Jane Goodall, meghan-markle, prince-harry, jane-goodall, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 11:05April 14, 2020Piers Morgan And Ricky Gervais Have Got No Time For Celebs Complaining About Self-Isolating In Their Multi-Million Pound Homes
< uk celebrity, Meghan Markle, piers morgan, Prince Harry, Madonna, Ricky Gervais, celebrity, meghan-markle, piers-morgan, prince-harry, madonna, ricky-gervais, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- The Guardian 13:44April 7, 2020Harry and Meghan's Archewell trademark suggests plan for non-profit empireApplication filed in US ranges from awards to clothing to a health websiteThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex appear to be planning a wide-ranging non-profit empire, including websites, films and their own awards, according to trademark applications lodged in the US under the name of Archewell.The first clear indications of how Harry and Meghan intend to rebrand themselves as non-working royals are revealed in an extensive list published on the United States Patent and Trademark Office website. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, UK news, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, US news, World news, Monarchy >
- The Guardian 02:18April 7, 2020Harry and Meghan to launch new charity named ArchewellDuke and Duchess of Sussex reveal plans for foundation to replace Sussex Royal brandThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to launch a charitable organisation named Archewell, the couple have said.Prince Harry and Meghan said they “look forward” to launching the foundation, which will replace their Sussex Royal brand, with plans reported to include their own charity as well as a website. Continue reading...
< Monarchy, Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, UK news, Charities >
- The Guardian 17:05April 4, 2020Keeping up with the Sussexes: will Harry and Meghan be LA's hottest ticket?The royal couple are tipped to be the toast of the celebrity circuit but they will have to work hard to maintain their A-list status Touching down to a city in lockdown cannot have been what the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had in mind when they had imagined starting a new life in Los Angeles. With a stay-at-home order in place, all activities usually associated with the city – premieres, parties, events and schmoozing – were on hold when they reportedly arrived last month, and studios had stopped production. Following months of drama swirling around Harry and Meghan’s decision to step down as working royals, which officially came into force on Wednesday, in the face of a deadly global pandemic they have finally taken a backseat in the public consciousness. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Celebrity, Los Angeles, US news, Monarchy, World news >
- Huffington Post UK 11:00March 31, 2020Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Officially Step Back From UK Royal Family Life
< Celebrities, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, Royals, The Royal Family, uk royals, Public duties, celebrities, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, royals, the-royal-family, public-duties, NEWS, news, News & Politics (Video), news-politics-video >
- The Guardian 20:41March 30, 2020Harry and Meghan to start new life with focus on family and charitiesCouple reveal plans as they prepare to officially cease working duties later this weekThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who begin their new life as non-working royals this week, have said they intend to spend the next few months concentrating on their family and privately supporting their charities.The couple, who have relocated to California, will cease to be working royals and can no longer officially represent the Queen from Wednesday, as they seek to become financially independent. Continue reading...
< Monarchy, Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, UK news, US news, World news >
- Huffington Post UK 19:57March 30, 2020Meghan and Harry Thank Their 'Community' In Final Sussex Royal Instagram Post
< coronavirus, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, instagram, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 23:16March 29, 2020Donald Trump refuses to pay security bill for Harry and MeghanPresident tweets his intention as Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly move to California Donald Trump has said the United States will not pay for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s security protection after they reportedly moved to California.Harry and Meghan are said to have left their rented home in Vancouver, Canada after taking a private flight to the US before the border closed between the two countries last week. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Donald Trump, US news, UK news, World news >
- Huffington Post UK 22:22March 29, 2020Donald Trump Hits Out At Reports Harry And Meghan Have Moved To The US
< uk news, uk politics, Donald Trump, united states, Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, news, politics, donald-trump, united-states, wedding-of-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle, NEWS, Politics >
- Business Insider 16:27March 28, 2020Meghan and Harry reportedly just moved to LA. Here are the private schools for the ultrawealthy where they could send baby Archie, from a $40,000-per-year California prep school to an academy where Justin Trudeau used to teach.Pool/Samir Hussein via Getty Images The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will give up every aspect of royal life when they officially resign in April.
Its been rumored that they relocated to Vancouver island, but they reportedly moved to LA before Canada's coronavirus border closure last week.
As Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's lives will change considerably, their son's will too.
Even though Prince Harry (and 15 other royals) attended the notorious Eton College, baby Archie will probably not.
But he'll undoubtedly receive a top-tier education. Business Insider rounded up potential playgrounds for him in Los Angeles and across Canada, including his mother's alma mater, a school Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau taught at, and another school Trudeau attended himself.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their plans to step back from their royal duties and titles in January. They will officially shut down their office at Buckingham Palace and stop receiving funds from the "sovereign grant" on April 1.
It was rumored the pair would relocate to Canada — they've been spending time on Vancouver Island — but they reportedly moved to LA last week before Canada's border closed amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Their lives will change in a number of ways — but so will their son's.
Archie Mountbatten-Windsor is ten months old, and while he was born a royal, he won't be raised as one. His father attended Eton College, an elite boarding school outside of London that members of the royal family traditionally attend, but Archie will most likely not follow in his footsteps.
Even though he won't attend Eton, which has been referred to as "the nursery of England's gentlemen," Archie will probably receive a similarly top-tier education in Canada — or Hollywood.
Business Insider rounded up a few posh places he could land when it's finally time for Archie to attend school. Elite prep schools on this list could have tuitions as high as nearly $80,000.Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have bucked royal tradition a number of times — and come April, they'll be free to do so more openly once they officially step back from their royal duties.
They will pursue financial independence and live more permanently in North America.
Their son's upbringing will certainly differ from the traditional royal childhood because of this decision.
Chris Allerton/Getty Images
Archie's early life will look different than that of his cousins, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis, from where he'll grow up to what school he'll attend.
Prince George and Princess Charlotte, for example, attend Thomas's Battersea, an elite co-ed prep school about 30 minutes from Kensington Palace.
An education at Thomas's Battersea costs about $23,000 per year.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:At the northernmost tip of Colombia is a vast, untamed desert that juts into the Atlantic Ocean. I spent a week traveling through the area — here's what it's like.Actually, it would be pretty easy for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to build a billion-dollar brandDisney just released a trailer for the nature film Meghan Markle narrated. Here are all the ways she and Prince Harry could earn money in their post-royal life.SEE ALSO: Actually, it would be pretty easy for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to build a billion-dollar brand — and it looks like they're already well on their way, according to reports
DON'T MISS: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan to become 'financially independent,' but they're already worth about $30 million — and none of that money belongs to the crown
< Features, Arts & Culture, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Family, Canada, Toronto, Vancouver, Los Angeles, BI Select, >
- Huffington Post UK 21:17March 27, 2020Harry And Meghan Officially Step Back From Royal Life
< huffpost uk now, harry, prince harry, meghan markle, royal, royalty, royals, royal family, duke, duchess, sussex, MV3, MV2f >
- Business Insider 18:58March 27, 2020Amazon's 'Making the Cut,' a new reality show from the stars of 'Project Runway,' could radically change how consumers interact with luxury fashionCourtesy of Amazon Designer Joseph Altuzarra spoke with Business Insider ahead of the premiere of Amazon's "Making the Cut," where he serves as a judge alongside Naomi Campbell, Nicole Richie, and Chiara Ferragni.
The show is hosted and executive produced by former "Project Runway" judges Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum.
Altuzarra told Business Insider that Amazon is on the forefront of transforming the fashion industry and that this competition model could disrupt the way consumers interact with fashion.
He also spoke about the challenges young designers face, and the advice he gives those hoping to succeed in the fashion industry.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Joseph Altuzarra knows a little something about fashion. He is, after all, a contemporary fashion icon who launched his eponymous label 12 years ago, picking up a slew of awards in the meantime. Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle is known to favor his work, while Awkwafina wore one of his gowns to the 2019 Met Gala.
It's no wonder that, when Amazon came looking for an expert for its new fashion competetion show "Making the Cut," Altuzarra was chosen to sit alongside the likes of Naomi Campbell and former Vogue Paris editor-in-chief Carine Roitfeld, to judge the next set of aspiring fashion entrepreneurs. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Behind the scenes with Shepard Smith — the Fox News star who just announced his resignation from the networkSee Also:Cruise-ship workers say they have so much sex that their ships are like college dormsSling TV's basic package costs just $30 a month and gives you access to most of your favorite channels — here's how to use itRelationship experts who married each other explain exactly how they avoid getting on each other's nervesSEE ALSO: LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault lost a total of $7.7 billion over the course of one day as the coronavirus continued to hit luxury stocks
DON'T MISS: LVMH ordered 40 million face masks from China for France — here's how some of the biggest names in luxury fashion are funding the fight against the pandemic
< Fashion, Amazon, BI Select, Arts & Culture, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Wedding, Royals, Met Gala, Heidi Klum, Models, Design, Joseph Altuzarra, >
- Breitbart News 14:25March 27, 2020They Love L.A. - Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Move to CaliforniaThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex — also known as Prince Harry and his Hollywood wife Meghan - have left Canada behind and moved permanently to California, UK media reports said Friday.
< Entertainment, London / Europe, Politics, California, Canada, Doria Ragland, HRH Prince Harry, Kensington Palace, Los Angeles, Meghan Markle >
- Huffington Post UK 13:06March 27, 2020Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Officially Move To Los Angeles: Reports
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, entertainment, British Royal Family, los angeles, People magazine, meghan-markle, prince-harry, british-royal-family, los-angeles, people-magazine, NEWS, news, Life, life, Entertainment >
- Business Insider 22:10March 26, 2020Actually, it would be pretty easy for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to build a billion-dollar brandChris Jackson / Getty Images Meghan Markle and Prince Harry officially announced on January 8 that they were stepping back as "senior" members of the royal family and intended "to become financially independent."
They will no longer use their royal titles beginning in spring 2020.
Though Harry and Meghan are estimated to be worth about $30 million already, experts say the two could easily create a billion-dollar global brand.
Meghan's first official post-royal project will be narrating a movie called "Elephant" that is set to premiere on Disney+ on April 3.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. The Queen issued a rare personal statement on January 13 addressing the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would be taking a step back from royal life: "My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan's desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family."
Part of that "more independent life" would involve funding their own lavish lifestyle rather than depending on the money from a sovereign grant.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Traditional Japanese swords can take over 18 months to create — here's what makes them so specialSee Also:The richest people in Singapore, rankedJackie Kennedy bought a Martha's Vineyard estate for around $1 million in the 1970s. Now, it's on the market for $65 million — here's a look inside the property.Meet Yusaku Maezawa, the Japanese billionaire giving away $9 million on Twitter and looking for a 'female partner' to fly to the moon with him and Elon MuskSEE ALSO: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle want to become 'financially independent,' but they're already worth about $30 million — and none of that money belongs to the crown
DON'T MISS: Here's how much money Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could need to maintain their lavish lifestyle if they plan on becoming 'financially independent'
< Arts & Culture, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Family, megxit, BI Select, >
- Business Insider 22:01March 26, 2020Disney just released a trailer for the nature film Meghan Markle narrated. Here are all the ways she and Prince Harry could earn money in their post-royal life.DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS - WPA Pool/Getty Images Disney released a trailer for a nature film narrated by Meghan Markle before she and Prince Harry announced their split for the royal family, providing a glimpse into the kind of work the Duchess could pursue to achieve "financial independence" from the crown.
Meghan and Harry will step back entirely from their royal duties, stop receiving public funding, forgo their HRH titles, and be able to earn their own money when their split from the royal family will officially takes effect on April 1.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex could take on jobs similar to those of former presidents — writing books and giving speeches — in their quest to become "financially independent," one royal commentator told Business Insider.
Although the former actress' return to the screen is unlikely, it wouldn't be unprecedented.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Disney released a trailer for a nature film narrated by Meghan Markle before she and Prince Harry announced their split for the royal family, providing a glimpse into the kind of work the Duchess could pursue when their post-royal lives officially begin on April 1.
Meghan's part of the film, entitled "Elephant," was recorded in the UK last year before the Sussexes' split from the royal family was announced, according to The Telegraph. The Duchess was reportedly not paid for the gig.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Every moment you need to see from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal weddingSee Also:Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just made their final appearance as working royals — here's how much money they'll need to maintain their lavish lifestyle independent of the crownPrince Harry and Meghan Markle plan to become 'financially independent,' but they're already worth about $30 million — and none of that money belongs to the crownMeghan Markle and Prince Harry are taking a 'step back' from the royal family after months of rumors. Here are 12 ways the couple has modernized the monarchy.SEE ALSO: Fans are begging for Meghan Markle to land acting roles on 'The Crown,' 'Succession' and more after leaving the royal family with Prince Harry
DON'T MISS: Here's how much money Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could need to maintain their lavish lifestyle if they plan on becoming 'financially independent'
< BI Select, Arts & Culture, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, megxit, Royal Family, Royal Insider, >
- Business Insider 21:59March 25, 2020Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, just tested positive for coronavirus. Here's a look at the monarchy's full family tree.Chris Jackson / Getty The royal family tree of Britain's monarchy is enormous and complicated.
The more famous royals, like Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince Harry — who married American actress Meghan Markle — are easily recognizable to most people.
On January 8, Harry and Meghan announced their intention to "step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent."
On Wednesday, the royals announced that Prince Charles is the first member of the family to test positive for the coronavirus.
Here's a look at the entire tree of families that are descended from King George V — the UK's first Windsor king.
Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories. The royal family tree of Britain's monarchy is quite a thing to behold.
King George V, the first monarch from Britain's House of Windsor, and his wife Mary of Teck had six children. Four of those offspring proceeded to have kids of their own.
As a result, well-known royals like Prince George of Cambridge and his younger siblings Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have tons and tons of less-famous cousins.
The House of Windsor is a relatively young dynasty. King George V, a grandson of Queen Victoria, inherited the throne in 1910. Like his father King Edward VII, he was a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The German dynasty was injected into the British monarchy by Albert, Prince Consort, the husband of Queen Victoria.
But by 1917, English attitudes toward Germany had soured considerably, thanks to World War I.
In response to rising anti-German sentiments, George V decided to make a considerable PR move. He swapped out Saxe-Coburg and Gotha for the far more English-sounding name of Windsor. The royal family's website said the new name was inspired by Windsor Castle — where George V's granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II still resides on weekends.
Here's an in-depth look at the British royal family tree, beginning with the family that started it all.King George V, born in 1865, was the first monarch of the House of Windsor.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
King George V and his wife Mary of Teck had six children together between 1894 and 1905. One of their children didn't survive into adulthood. Prince John, the baby of the family, had severe epilepsy and a learning disability. He died in 1919 at the age of 13.
Their eldest son, King Edward VIII, inherited the throne upon his father's death in 1936. Had he remained king, Edward VIII's hypothetical descendants would have inherited the British Crown.
But Edward VIII abdicated in 1937 in order to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The controversial couple — who were rumored to harbor Nazi sympathies — never had children.
King George VI's descendants dominate the current line of succession.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
After his older brother's abdication, King George VI took to the throne for a reign of nearly 15 years. He and his wife Queen Elizabeth had two daughters, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret.
George VI's descendants are set to continue to inherit the throne in the foreseeable future. His eldest daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, is the longest-reigning British monarch in history. Her son Charles, Prince of Wales, is reportedly set to succeed her when she turns 95 in 2021.
On Wednesday, a Clarence House representative confirmed the 71-year-old heir tested positive for the coronavirus in a statement — he is "displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health."
After him in the line of succession would come Prince William, and then Prince George.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced in an Instagram post on January 8, 2020 that they were taking a "step back as 'senior members' of the Royal Family," so they could raise their son Archie with more privacy, splitting their time between the UK and North America.
The Lascelles family is descended from King George V's only daughter, whose husband passes on the Earl of Harewood title.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
Mary, Princess Royal, was George V's only daughter.
She had two sons with her husband, Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood. The princess's sons went on to produce six grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, and nine great great grandchildren. The Earldom of Harewood is still held within the Lascelles family.
The eldest two children of David Lascelles, the current 8th Earl of Harewood, were born before Lascelles married his first wife. They were therefore unable to inherit his title.
Leo Cyrus Anthony Lascelles, the only son of Alexander Lascelles, Viscount Lascelles, is also not eligible to inherit his family's royal title, as his parents were not married at the time of his birth.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan to become 'financially independent' upon stepping back from royal life. Here's how much the British royal family is worth.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just revealed they're planning to take a 'step back' from the royal family and split time between the UK and North America. Here's where all the most prominent royals live.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are taking a 'step back' from the royal family after months of rumors. Here are 12 ways the couple has modernized the monarchy.SEE ALSO: Prince Charles just tested positive for the coronavirus. The heir to the British throne is worth up to $400 million — here's how he makes and spends his fortune.
DON'T MISS: What happens when the Queen dies
< Features, BI Graphics, British Royal Family, Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince WIlliam, Kate Middleton, Royal Baby, Arts & Culture, Shayanne Gal, Ruobing Su, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince Charles, >
- Business Insider 21:07March 18, 2020Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be home-schooled amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to reportsAaron Chown - WPA Pool/Getty Images) Prince George and Princess Charlotte will switch to "remote learning" after their school instructed parents to keep their children at home, according to PEOPLE's Simon Perry.
Prince William and Kate Middleton's two oldest kids both attend Thomas's Battersea, which will begin utilizing online learning resources from Friday.
The news comes as students around the globe are facing educational disruptions amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Even the British Royal Family is feeling the impact of the coronavirus. PEOPLE's Simon Perry reports that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will continue their studies at home after their school, Thomas's Battersea, instructed parents to keep their children home.
"Due to the increasing numbers of children and staff being absent from school due to the Coronavirus situation, Thomas's London Day Schools have decided to move to remote learning from Friday 20 March," a spokesperson for Thomas's London Day Schools told PEOPLE in a statement.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Pathologists debunk 13 myths about the coronavirus, including why masks won't helpSee Also:Major luxury fashion houses are canceling or postponing shows amid the coronavirus outbreakThe Met Gala has been postponed indefinitely in response to the coronavirus pandemicA running list of countries that are on lockdown because of the coronavirus pandemicSEE ALSO: The Met Gala has been postponed indefinitely in response to the coronavirus pandemic
SEE ALSO: The life and rise of legendary designer Alexander McQueen, who would have been 51 today
< Royals, coronavirus, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince WIlliam, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Meghan Markle, COVID-19, BI Select, Arts & Culture, >
- Huffington Post UK 20:51March 18, 2020Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Issue Message Of Hope Amid Coronavirus Panic
< coronavirus, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, royal family, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-family, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:42March 17, 2020Harry and Meghan take 'appropriate measures' after possible coronavirus exposureDuke could have been exposed to Covid-19 during final UK engagements, it has emergedCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex are understood to be taking “appropriate measures” over coronavirus after it emerged Prince Harry could have been exposed to it during his final UK engagements this month.Harry hugged Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton as the two opened the Silverstone Experience Centre on 6 March. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Coronavirus outbreak, Idris Elba, Lewis Hamilton, Infectious diseases, UK news, World news, Canada, Justin Trudeau >
- The Guardian 12:54March 12, 2020Prince Harry thought he was talking to Greta Thunberg, Russian pranksters claimVladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov’s account of hoax highlights lapse in security and screeningThe Duke of Sussex gave Russian hoaxers his personal email and phone number and even rang them back on his mobile, it has been claimed.Prince Harry responded to an email sent by Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov, who told the Sun that none of his advisers checked if they were genuine. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Russia, UK news >
- The Guardian 13:52March 11, 2020Prince Harry ‘tricked into Megxit revelations’ by fake Greta ThunbergDuke of Sussex reportedly spoke to hoaxers about Trump, the tabloids and Prince AndrewPrince Harry has apparently been tricked into talking about “Megxit”, President Trump and Prince Andrew in a phone call by Russian hoaxers posing as the Swedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg and her father Svante, it has been revealed.The Duke of Sussex reportedly speaks revealingly about his difficult decision to step back from royal life during two conversations with Vladimir Kuznetsov and Alexey Stolyarov, known as Vovan and Lexus. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, UK news, Prince Andrew, Donald Trump, Media, The Sun, National newspapers >
- Huffington Post UK 20:25March 10, 2020Student Writes Light Apology To Prince Harry For 'Cuddling' Meghan Markle
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, International Women's Day, The Royal Family, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, international-womens-day, the-royal-family, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 14:34March 10, 2020Royally Awkward Encounter Between Harry, Meghan, William And Kate Gets Fans Speculating
< Arts and Entertainment, Celebrities, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Westminster Abbey, Meghan, arts-and-entertainment, celebrities, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, westminster-abbey, meghan, NEWS, news, Life (Video), life-video >
- Huffington Post UK 14:26March 10, 2020Royally Awkward Encounter Between Harry, Meghan, William And Kate Gets Fans Speculating
< Royals, royal family, prince william, meghan markle, prince harry, kate middleton, duke of sussex, duchess of sussex, duke of cambridge, duchess of cambridge, westminster abbey, commonwealth day >
- Huffington Post UK 12:11March 10, 2020Royal Fans Can't Stop Analysing This Video Of Harry, Meghan, William And Kate
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, LIFE, lifestyle >