- Huffington Post UK 12:25August 7, 2020Prince William And Kate Middleton Lose It After Woman Says They're 'S**tty' At Bingo
< Royal Families, entertainment, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Royals, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, royals, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 17:41July 30, 2020Prince William Reveals The One Gift That Kate Middleton Has ‘Never Let Me Forget’
< Prince William, entertainment, Kate Middleton, Prince George of Cambridge, prince-william, kate-middleton, prince-george-of-cambridge, ENTERTAINMENT >
- Huffington Post UK 14:12July 29, 20205 Things We Learned About Prince William During That Peter Crouch Podcast
< Mental Health, royal family, sport, Prince William, podcast, peter crouch, mental-health, royal-family, prince-william, peter-crouch, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 02:01July 27, 2020Prince William Praises British Football's 'Landmark' Mental Health Declaration
< Health, Mental Health, uk sport, Football, Prince William, health, mental-health, sport, football, prince-william, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:00July 26, 2020Harry angry at William's 'snobbish' advice about Meghan, book claimsPrince William said to have feared brother was ‘blindsided’ by lust in his haste to marryThe royal rift that led to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex leaving Britain and stepping back from royal duties began after Prince William feared his brother had been “blindsided” by lust in his haste to marry Meghan Markle, a new book claims.Harry was offended by William’s advice to “take as much time as you need to get to know this girl”, causing tension between the two that finally led to “Megxit” , according to the authors of Finding Freedom. Continue reading...
< Monarchy, Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince William, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, The Queen, Books, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 03:12July 25, 2020Harry and Meghan 'not interviewed for royal biography'Finding Freedom depicts a deteriorating relationship with the CambridgesPrince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have distanced themselves from an upcoming book on their time in the royal family, saying they were not interviewed for the biography and did not make any contributions to it.Finding Freedom is due to be published in August and is being serialised in the Times and Sunday Times. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, UK news, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, Monarchy, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince William >
- Breitbart News 03:37May 23, 2020Illegal Alien Charged with Killing 62-Year-Old American in Hit-and-RunAn illegal alien has been charged with killing a 62-year-old man in a deadly hit-and-run in Prince William County, Virginia.
< Crime, Immigration, Politics, hit-and-run, illegal alien, illegal immigration, mass immigration, Prince William County, Southern Border, U.S.-Mexico border, Virginia >
- Huffington Post UK 10:30April 23, 2020Prince Louis Looks Adorable In Colourful 2nd Birthday Portraits
< Celebrities, royal family, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Royals, prince louis, celebrities, royal-family, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, royals, prince-louis, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 14:59April 17, 2020Prince William and Kate Middleton Urge Mental Health Awareness During Covid-19 Lockdown
< Mental Health, NHS, National Health Service, Prince William, Huffpost uk now, Kate Middleton, royal, mental-health, nhs, national-health-service, prince-william, huffpost-uk-now, kate-middleton, NEWS, news, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 12:04April 17, 2020Prince William Worries About His Grandparents But Is Keeping In Touch With Video Calls
< Family, coronavirus, royal family, duchess of cambridge, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Prince Charles, homeschooling, family, royal-family, duchess-of-cambridge, prince-william-duke-of-cambridge, prince-charles, LIFE, lifestyle, Parents, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 14:36April 9, 2020Prince William And Kate Middleton Surprise Schoolchildren On Video Call
< coronavirus, Celebrities, COVID-19, Royal Families, Prince William, Wills & Kate, celebrities, covid-19, royal-families, prince-william, wills-kate, NEWS, news, News & Politics (Video), news-politics-video >
- Huffington Post UK 14:28April 9, 2020Prince William And Kate Middleton Surprise Schoolchildren On Video Call
< Huffpostuk now, prince william, kate middleton, duke of cambridge, duchess of cambridge, duke and duchess of cambridge, coronavirus, school, schoolchildren, covid-19, MV3, MV2 >
- Business Insider 21:59March 25, 2020Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, just tested positive for coronavirus. Here's a look at the monarchy's full family tree.Chris Jackson / Getty The royal family tree of Britain's monarchy is enormous and complicated.
The more famous royals, like Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince Harry — who married American actress Meghan Markle — are easily recognizable to most people.
On January 8, Harry and Meghan announced their intention to "step back as 'senior' members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent."
On Wednesday, the royals announced that Prince Charles is the first member of the family to test positive for the coronavirus.
Here's a look at the entire tree of families that are descended from King George V — the UK's first Windsor king.
Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories. The royal family tree of Britain's monarchy is quite a thing to behold.
King George V, the first monarch from Britain's House of Windsor, and his wife Mary of Teck had six children. Four of those offspring proceeded to have kids of their own.
As a result, well-known royals like Prince George of Cambridge and his younger siblings Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have tons and tons of less-famous cousins.
The House of Windsor is a relatively young dynasty. King George V, a grandson of Queen Victoria, inherited the throne in 1910. Like his father King Edward VII, he was a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. The German dynasty was injected into the British monarchy by Albert, Prince Consort, the husband of Queen Victoria.
But by 1917, English attitudes toward Germany had soured considerably, thanks to World War I.
In response to rising anti-German sentiments, George V decided to make a considerable PR move. He swapped out Saxe-Coburg and Gotha for the far more English-sounding name of Windsor. The royal family's website said the new name was inspired by Windsor Castle — where George V's granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II still resides on weekends.
Here's an in-depth look at the British royal family tree, beginning with the family that started it all.King George V, born in 1865, was the first monarch of the House of Windsor.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
King George V and his wife Mary of Teck had six children together between 1894 and 1905. One of their children didn't survive into adulthood. Prince John, the baby of the family, had severe epilepsy and a learning disability. He died in 1919 at the age of 13.
Their eldest son, King Edward VIII, inherited the throne upon his father's death in 1936. Had he remained king, Edward VIII's hypothetical descendants would have inherited the British Crown.
But Edward VIII abdicated in 1937 in order to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The controversial couple — who were rumored to harbor Nazi sympathies — never had children.
King George VI's descendants dominate the current line of succession.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
After his older brother's abdication, King George VI took to the throne for a reign of nearly 15 years. He and his wife Queen Elizabeth had two daughters, Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Margaret.
George VI's descendants are set to continue to inherit the throne in the foreseeable future. His eldest daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, is the longest-reigning British monarch in history. Her son Charles, Prince of Wales, is reportedly set to succeed her when she turns 95 in 2021.
On Wednesday, a Clarence House representative confirmed the 71-year-old heir tested positive for the coronavirus in a statement — he is "displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health."
After him in the line of succession would come Prince William, and then Prince George.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced in an Instagram post on January 8, 2020 that they were taking a "step back as 'senior members' of the Royal Family," so they could raise their son Archie with more privacy, splitting their time between the UK and North America.
The Lascelles family is descended from King George V's only daughter, whose husband passes on the Earl of Harewood title.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
Mary, Princess Royal, was George V's only daughter.
She had two sons with her husband, Henry Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood. The princess's sons went on to produce six grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, and nine great great grandchildren. The Earldom of Harewood is still held within the Lascelles family.
The eldest two children of David Lascelles, the current 8th Earl of Harewood, were born before Lascelles married his first wife. They were therefore unable to inherit his title.
Leo Cyrus Anthony Lascelles, the only son of Alexander Lascelles, Viscount Lascelles, is also not eligible to inherit his family's royal title, as his parents were not married at the time of his birth.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan to become 'financially independent' upon stepping back from royal life. Here's how much the British royal family is worth.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just revealed they're planning to take a 'step back' from the royal family and split time between the UK and North America. Here's where all the most prominent royals live.Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are taking a 'step back' from the royal family after months of rumors. Here are 12 ways the couple has modernized the monarchy.SEE ALSO: Prince Charles just tested positive for the coronavirus. The heir to the British throne is worth up to $400 million — here's how he makes and spends his fortune.
DON'T MISS: What happens when the Queen dies
< Features, BI Graphics, British Royal Family, Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince WIlliam, Kate Middleton, Royal Baby, Arts & Culture, Shayanne Gal, Ruobing Su, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Prince Charles, >
- Business Insider 21:07March 18, 2020Prince George and Princess Charlotte will be home-schooled amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to reportsAaron Chown - WPA Pool/Getty Images) Prince George and Princess Charlotte will switch to "remote learning" after their school instructed parents to keep their children at home, according to PEOPLE's Simon Perry.
Prince William and Kate Middleton's two oldest kids both attend Thomas's Battersea, which will begin utilizing online learning resources from Friday.
The news comes as students around the globe are facing educational disruptions amid the coronavirus outbreak.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Even the British Royal Family is feeling the impact of the coronavirus. PEOPLE's Simon Perry reports that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will continue their studies at home after their school, Thomas's Battersea, instructed parents to keep their children home.
"Due to the increasing numbers of children and staff being absent from school due to the Coronavirus situation, Thomas's London Day Schools have decided to move to remote learning from Friday 20 March," a spokesperson for Thomas's London Day Schools told PEOPLE in a statement.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Pathologists debunk 13 myths about the coronavirus, including why masks won't helpSee Also:Major luxury fashion houses are canceling or postponing shows amid the coronavirus outbreakThe Met Gala has been postponed indefinitely in response to the coronavirus pandemicA running list of countries that are on lockdown because of the coronavirus pandemicSEE ALSO: The Met Gala has been postponed indefinitely in response to the coronavirus pandemic
SEE ALSO: The life and rise of legendary designer Alexander McQueen, who would have been 51 today
< Royals, coronavirus, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince WIlliam, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Meghan Markle, COVID-19, BI Select, Arts & Culture, >
- Huffington Post UK 14:34March 10, 2020Royally Awkward Encounter Between Harry, Meghan, William And Kate Gets Fans Speculating
< Arts and Entertainment, Celebrities, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Westminster Abbey, Meghan, arts-and-entertainment, celebrities, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, westminster-abbey, meghan, NEWS, news, Life (Video), life-video >
- Huffington Post UK 14:26March 10, 2020Royally Awkward Encounter Between Harry, Meghan, William And Kate Gets Fans Speculating
< Royals, royal family, prince william, meghan markle, prince harry, kate middleton, duke of sussex, duchess of sussex, duke of cambridge, duchess of cambridge, westminster abbey, commonwealth day >
- Huffington Post UK 12:11March 10, 2020Royal Fans Can't Stop Analysing This Video Of Harry, Meghan, William And Kate
< Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, meghan-markle, prince-harry, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, LIFE, lifestyle >
- The Guardian 22:18March 9, 2020Harry and Meghan perform last UK public engagement as royalsCouple ushered to seats ahead of Queen’s entrance for Commonwealth Day service The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have bid au revoir, if not goodbye, to formal royal life after carrying out their final public engagement in the UK as senior working members of the royal family.Harry and Meghan attended the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on Monday – their first appearance alongside senior family members since their shock announcement in January that they would be stepping back from official duties. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, UK news, Monarchy, Commonwealth immigration, The Queen, Prince William, Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge >
- Huffington Post UK 16:38March 4, 2020Prince William Jokes About Spreading Coronavirus During Royal Engagement
< coronavirus, Royal Families, Prince William, Kate Middleton, dublin, royal-families, prince-william, kate-middleton, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 14:01February 28, 2020David Beckham Says He's Proud Of Friend Prince Harry 'For Growing Up'
< Arts and Entertainment, Family and Relationships, Celebrities, Royal Families, david beckham, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Duke of Sussex, Prince Louis of Cambridge, arts-and-entertainment, family-and-relationships, celebrities, royal-families, david-beckham, prince-harry-duke-of-sussex, prince-william-duke-of-cambridge, duke-of-sussex, prince-louis-of-cambridge, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 19:43February 25, 2020Prince William Reveals The Sweet Way George And Charlotte Spent Half-Term
< Prince William, Prince George, princess charlotte, Kate Middleton, Royals, prince-william, prince-george, princess-charlotte, kate-middleton, royals, PARENTS, parents >
- Business Insider 17:27February 16, 2020Kate Middleton shared a never-before-seen photo of Princess Charlotte smelling flowers, saying she values 'moments like that' for her kidszz/KGC-22/STAR MAX/IPx Kate Middleton shared a never-before-seen photo of 4-year-old Princess Charlotte.
The picture was posted on the Kensington Palace Instagram account in honor of Middleton's first-ever podcast interview, where she talked about motherhood, pregnancy, and childhood.
Middleton captured the picture of her daughter smelling flowers.
The duchess is known for her photography skills and for snapping pictures of her family, many of which are used as official royal portraits.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Kate Middleton shared a previously unseen photo showing her 4-year-old daughter, Princess Charlotte, smelling wildflowers in a grassy field.
The picture was shared on the Kensington Palace Instagram account on Saturday in honor of Middleton's "Happy Mum, Happy Baby" podcast interview that was published the same day.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: How to find water when you're stuck in the desertSee Also:Kate Middleton said in her first-ever podcast interview that it was 'terrifying' to greet the public after giving birth to Prince GeorgeHow the royal family celebrate Valentine's DayEvery time Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth coordinated outfits
< Princess Charlotte, kate middleton, Royal Insider, royals, Royal Family, Duchess of Cambridge, Kensington Palace, UK, Prince Louis, Prince George, Prince William, >
- Business Insider 21:18February 15, 2020Kate Middleton said in her first-ever podcast interview that it was 'terrifying' to greet the public after giving birth to Prince GeorgeKensington Palace; Chris Jackson/Getty Images Kate Middleton gave her first-ever podcast interview, speaking with "Happy Mum, Happy Baby" host Giovanna Fletcher.
In an episode that aired Saturday, the duchess spoke about the UK-wide, parenting-centric survey she launched, called "5 Big Questions on the Under Fives."
The duchess talked about being a first-time mother to Prince George, saying it was "terrifying" to greet the public outside of the hospital after he was born.
Middleton also revealed that it "wasn't that quiet" in the first moments after bringing Prince George home.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Kate Middleton spoke on a podcast for the first time, opening up about parenting and her pregnancy experiences on an episode of "Happy Mum, Happy Baby."
Middleton was interviewed by host Giovanna Fletcher in the exclusive episode, "The Duchess of Cambridge on the early years," which was published on Saturday.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: What it takes to be an NFL referee, according to an official who spent 19 seasons in the leagueSee Also:How the royal family celebrate Valentine's Day23 photos of Kate Middleton and Prince William showing rare PDA15 award-winning photos that show the terror, beauty, and joy in giving birth
< Royal Insider, kate middleton, Royal Family, Podcast, royals, Duchess of Cambridge, Parenting, Prince George, Prince William, Pregnancy, UK, >