- Breitbart News 00:17January 28, 2021Biden Creates 'Bipartisan' Court-packing Commission Led by Democrat Election Lawyer Bob BauerPresident Joe Biden has begun appointing members of a special commission that will consider expanding the Supreme Court, among other "reforms."
< Politics, Bob Bauer, court-packing, Joe Biden, judiciary, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 17:44January 26, 2021WATCH: Eric Holder Urges Democrats to Pack the Supreme CourtFormer Attorney General Eric Holder urged Democrats on Monday to pack the Supreme Court in response to what he called a crisis of "legitimacy" brought about by the appointment of a conservative majority.
< Politics, brookings institution, court-packing, Eric Holder, Joe Biden, Merrick Garland, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 20:41January 25, 2021Senate Republicans Don’t Even Want to Have an Impeachment TrialDemocrats will force the trial to go forward, but the odds of a conviction are low and getting lower.
< politics, impeachment trial, donald trump, mitch mcconnell, chuck schumer, senate republicans, article of impeachment, joe biden, john roberts, u.s. supreme court >
- Business Insider 06:07January 24, 2021Trump wanted the Justice Department to sue individual states to overturn their election results, but top officials refused, WSJ report saysWhen the effort failed, Trump plotted to replace the acting attorney general with a loyalist, but was again thwarted by DOJ leaders, the WSJ reported.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Department of Justice, doj, Election 2020, Supreme Court, election lawsuits, Election Fraud, Wall Street Journal >
- New York Magazine 02:00January 23, 2021Can Biden and Democrats Protect Abortion Rights From Trump’s Judges?The worst was averted when Trump lost and Democrats won control of the Senate. But an anti-abortion majority on the Supreme Court could strike soon.
< politics, abortion, roe v. wade, joe biden, kamala harris, u.s. supreme court, stephen breyer, john roberts, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, brett kavanaugh, neil gorsuch, planned parenthood v. casey, samuel alito, june medical services v. russo, donald trump, ruth bader ginsburg >
- Breitbart News 00:05January 23, 2021Biden-Harris ‘Committed to Codifying Roe v. Wade’ on Ruling AnniversaryBiden and Harris said they are “committed to codifying” Roe v. Wade and to “appointing judges that respect foundational precedents like Roe.”
< Faith, Health, Politics, abortion on demand, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Planned Parenthood, pro-life policy, Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 08:35January 22, 2021Americans for Life on Roe v. Wade Anniversary: ‘Truth Will Prevail over Horror of Abortion’Pro-life leaders throughout the nation will mark the 48th anniversary of Roe v. Wade Friday, vowing to end abortion with even greater resolve as the radical pro-abortion agenda of the Biden administration begins.
< Faith, Politics, Social Justice, Abortion, abortion lobby, Biden Administration, Family Research Council, Georgia, New Jersey, Planned Parenthood, Pro-Life Movement, Roe v. Wade, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 23:07January 21, 2021Biden’s Executive Order on Transgender Rights ‘Unilaterally Eviscerates Women’s Sports’Just hours after being sworn in President Joe Biden signed an executive order giving sweeping “rights” to people based on "gender identity."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Sports, 2020 election, Abigail Shrier, Bostock v. Clayton County Georgia, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order, gender identity, human rights campaign, Joe Biden, sexual orientation, Transgender, U.S. Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 16:00January 21, 2021Biden Will Run a Very Un-WASPy GovernmentWomen, Blacks, Latinos, Catholics and Jews: This ain’t your grandfather’s Cabinet.
< politics, joe biden, biden cabinet, wasps, catholics, jews, blacks, latinos, u.s. supreme court, nancy pelosi, kamala harris, chuck schumer, mitch mcconnell, mike pence >
- Business Insider 01:49January 21, 2021Trump's biggest accomplishments and failures from his 1-term presidencyThough his accomplishments are not popular with his critics, Trump, for better or worse, has been a consequential president.
< Politics, News, Features, Donald Trump, Trump impeachment, 2020 election, Immigration, Iran, Syria, Impeachment, charlottesville, Supreme Court, Tax Reform, Obamacare, analysis >
- Business Insider 18:52January 20, 2021Supreme Court faces bomb threat during Biden's inauguration"The Court received a bomb threat, the building and grounds were checked out, and the building is not being evacuated," a spokesperson said.
< Politics, News, Supreme Court, Joe Biden, Inauguration >
- New York Magazine 23:17January 19, 2021Democrats Push Voting-Rights Expansion With Fresh UrgencyRepublicans will block the reforms, but at the price of underlining an authoritarian strain in their thinking that will outlive Trump’s presidency.
< politics, joe biden, donald trump, republicans, for the people act, democracy reforms, voting rights, voting rights act of 1965, shelby county v. holder, u.s. supreme court, d.c. statehood, mitch mcconnell >
- Business Insider 05:28January 17, 2021Kamala Harris, the first female, Black, and Asian American vice president-elect, will be sworn in by Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court justiceThe swearing in ceremony for Harris is set for Inauguration Day, January 20, when Biden will also be sworn in as America's 46th president.
< Politics, News, Kamala Harris, Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court, Vice President, Inauguration, inauguration day, Historic >
- The Guardian 01:47January 17, 2021'This is not justice': supreme court liberals slam Trump's federal executionsSonia Sotomayor and Stephen Breyer issue stinging dissentsPodcast: Trump, the death penalty and America’s racist historyThe supreme court justices Sonia Sotomayor and Stephen Breyer have excoriated the Trump administration for carrying out its 13th and final federal execution days before the president leaves office. Related: Dustin Higgs becomes 13th and final federal prisoner executed under Trump Continue reading...
< US supreme court, Capital punishment, Sonia Sotomayor, World news, US news, Trump administration, US crime, US politics, US constitution and civil liberties, Law (US), Indiana >
- Huffington Post UK 20:50January 15, 2021Insurers Told To Pay Small Firms For Covid Losses – But It Comes Too Late For Some
< uk, uk news, coronavirus, Small business, Supreme Court, Financial Conduct Authority, News, business news, COVID-19, news, small-business, supreme-court, financial-conduct-authority, business-news, covid-19, NEWS >
- Breitbart News 01:25January 15, 2021Top Biden DOJ Appointee Open to Court Packing: 'Nothing Is Off the Table'One of president-elect Joe Biden’s top Department of Justice (DOJ) nominees previously expressed openness to packing the United States Supreme Court.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Amy Coney Barrett, Department of Justice, Donald Trump, Jerry Nadler, Joe Biden, Mitch McConnell, Supreme Court, Vanita Gupta >
- Business Insider 22:41January 14, 2021Trump's biggest accomplishments and failures from his 1-term presidencyThough his accomplishments are not popular with his critics, Trump, for better or worse, has been a consequential president.
< Politics, News, Features, Donald Trump, Trump impeachment, 2020 election, Immigration, Iran, Syria, Impeachment, charlottesville, Supreme Court, Tax Reform, Obamacare, analysis >
- Huffington Post UK 10:24January 12, 2021US Police Monitoring 3 Terrifying Plots To Overthrow Government
< White House, Supreme Court of the United States, United States Congress, capitol riot, insurrection, white-house, supreme-court-of-the-united-states, united-states-congress, capitol-riot, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Business Insider 02:33January 8, 2021The Supreme Court handed Trump another loss in his efforts to overturn the election a day after his supporters stormed the CapitolThe Trump campaign also withdrew all of its cases trying to challenge the election results in Georgia, which he lost.
< Politics, News, Louie Gohmert, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Supreme Court, Capitol Siege >
- Breitbart News 04:50January 7, 2021Chuck Schumer Condemns Trump Supporters: 'The People Who Follow Him'Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) used a speech on the Senate floor Wednesday evening to attack President Donald Trump and "the people who follow him" in the wake of deadly riots that overran the Capitol earlier in the day.
< Politics, Capitol Hill, Chuck Schumer, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 20:51January 6, 2021Crowd Chants 'Bulls**t' After Donald Trump Alleges 'Explosions of Bulls**t' in PA-MI-GA VotingSupporters of President Donald Trump chanted "bullshit," echoing a line from his speech at a rally Wednesday contesting the results of the 2020 election.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Bill Barr, Donald Trump, Stop the Steal, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 20:18January 6, 2021Biden will nominate appeals court judge Merrick Garland to be attorney generalGarland will likely be confirmed given that Democrats effectively control the Senate following two Georgia runoffs.
< Politics, Merrick Garland, US Court of Appeals, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Mitch McConnell, Justice Department, Supreme Court, Donald Trump >
- Huffington Post UK 10:43January 6, 2021Biden Considering Lawyer Who Defended Big Oil In Climate Suits For Solicitor General
< Politics, Climate Change, Joe Biden, Supreme Court of the United States, Royal Dutch Shell, David Frederick, politics, climate-change, joe-biden, supreme-court-of-the-united-states, royal-dutch-shell, david-frederick, NEWS, news >
- Business Insider 20:48January 3, 2021NARAL President Ilyse Hogue says the organization is 'certainly preparing' for the end of Roe v. WadeOn a Daily Beast podcast, Hogue discussed Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in the US and afforded women a constitutional right to the procedure.
< Politics, NARAL, Roe v Wade, abortion rights, Reproductive Rights, Reproductive Health, Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 16:28December 27, 20207 American political 'norms' blown to smithereens in 2020The Trump era was all about blowing up normal things like respecting election results. But not every norm destroyed in 2020 was about Trump.
< Opinion, Politics, News, BI Commentary, Opinion, Politics 2020, Politics, Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, National Guard, George Floyd protests >
- Business Insider 18:24December 26, 2020With less than a month left in office, Trump lashes out at 'totally incompetent' Supreme Court for refusing to overturn his election lossTrump called Biden a "Fake President" and said the US election "was the election of a third world country," alleging millions of "corrupt" votes.
< Politics, News, Election 2020, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Supreme Court >
- The Guardian 11:00December 23, 2020Faith group linked to Amy Coney Barrett urges leaders to report sexual abuse claimsGroup’s head sends letter to all-male leadership after former member shares allegations she was abusedThe head of the secretive Christian faith group People of Praise, which reportedly counts the supreme court justice Amy Coney Barrett as a member, has called on its leaders to report any allegations of previous sexual abuse to a lawyer the group has hired to investigate such claims.The letter from Craig Lent to the leaders of the group, who are known as coordinators, was sent shortly after one of the group’s former members, Sarah Kuehl, shared her own story of alleged childhood abuse at the hands of a member who lived with the family. Continue reading...
< US supreme court, Amy Coney Barrett, US news >
- New York Magazine 15:00December 22, 2020What Will It Take to Get a Black Woman on the Supreme Court?The fate of Biden’s campaign promise lies with Georgia.
< the law, u.s. supreme court, biden administration, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 10:17December 22, 2020Grace Millane’s Murderer Named After Being Convicted Of Raping And Attacking Other Women
< uk news, Society and Culture, Crime and Justice, global news, New Zealand, Supreme Court of the United States, UK news UK crime, Murder of Grace Millane, Darran Kempson, news, society-and-culture, crime-and-justice, global-news, new-zealand, supreme-court-of-the-united-states, news-uk-crime, murder-of-grace-millane, darran-kempson, NEWS >
- Business Insider 08:34December 22, 2020How Republicans could use their bruising 2020 legal defeats as a roadmap to slash voting rightsBy complaining about the nonexistent specter of voter fraud, Republicans have set the stage to pass more laws making it harder to vote.
< Politics, News, 2020 election, Voting Rights, Donald Trump, Voter suppression, Voting, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 00:17December 22, 2020The Trump campaign is challenging Pennsylvania's voting laws at the Supreme Court more than a month after the election endedPresident Donald Trump lost the election to President-elect Joe Biden more than a month ago and is still filing new election lawsuits.
< Politics, News, Supreme Court, 2020 election, Donald Trump >
- Breitbart News 10:03December 21, 2020Levin on SCOTUS Tossing Trump Election Lawsuits: 'They Have Done a Grave Disservice to This Country'Sunday, Fox News Channel's "Life, Liberty & Levin" host Mark Levin voiced his displeasure with the Supreme Court of the United States throwing out the President Donald Trump campaign's lawsuits that attempted to overturn the 2020 presidential election results over allegations of voter fraud.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, Fox News, Life Liberty & Levin, Mark Levin, Supreme Court, voter fraud >
- The Guardian 03:01December 21, 2020'McMafia' banker's wife will have £22m seized unless she reveals source of wealthSupreme court upholds order against Zamira Hajiyeva, who spent £1m a year at HarrodsA woman who spent £1m a year at Harrods will be forced to give up her £15m home unless she reveals the source of her fortune following the UK’s first McMafia-style “dirty money” investigation.Zamira Hajiyeva, the wife of a former boss of the Azerbaijani state bank jailed for fraud, has lost her final appeal against a court order forcing her to reveal how she came by so much money. Continue reading...
< UK supreme court, UK news, Crime, Azerbaijan, Law, Business, NCA (National Crime Agency) >
- Breitbart News 22:31December 18, 2020Peter Navarro: If Election Investigation Reveals Voter Fraud, ‘Americans Deserve a Different Outcome’Peter Navarro, an adviser to President Trump, released a report on Thursday detailing alleged voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, 2020 presidential election, Donald Trump, Inauguration, Joe Biden, Peter Navarro, Republican Establishment, swing states, U.S. Supreme Court, voter fraud >
- Business Insider 19:27December 18, 2020Supreme Court punts on legal challenge to Trump administration's plan to exclude undocumented immigrants from census counts used to draw congressional districtsThe high court said it's not yet clear how many people Trump would seek to exclude and whether the division of House seats would be affected.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Redistricting, Census >
- Breitbart News 20:40December 16, 2020Supreme Court Hands Religious Freedom Victory to Clerics in Lawsuit Against New Jersey Gov. Phil MurphyThe U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday handed a victory to clerics battling New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy’s (D) executive orders restricting houses of worship to 25 percent capacity, while secular businesses operate with no capacity limits.
< Faith, Health, Politics, coronavirus pandemic, executive orders, Free Exercise Clause, New Jersey, Phil Murphy, Religious freedom, religious liberty, U.S. Supreme Court >
- The Guardian(UK) 12:51December 16, 2020Top UK court overturns block on Heathrow's third runwayEarlier ruling said expansion plan was illegal as government had not considered its climate commitmentsThe supreme court has overturned a February judgment that a third runway at Heathrow airport was illegal. It means the project can now seek planning permission, but the ultimate completion of the runway remains uncertain.The supreme court ruling marks the latest twist in years of legal and political wrangling over the climate impact and economic benefits of expanding the airport. The decision in February was seen as historic by environmental campaigners, as it was the first significant ruling in the world to be based on the Paris climate agreement, and related cases were subsequently brought against plans to build more roads and gas-fired power plants in the UK. Continue reading...
< Heathrow third runway, UK supreme court, Air transport, Airline industry, Business, Environment, Heathrow airport, Transport, Travel and transport, Law, Climate change, Plan B, Friends of the Earth, UK news >
- New York Magazine 22:49December 15, 2020Wisconsin Supreme Court Was One Vote Away From Flipping the State to TrumpIf not for a progressive justice’s upset win earlier this year, the decision could have gone the other way, costing Biden ten electoral votes.
< politics, vision 2020, contested election, donald trump, joe biden, wisconsin, wisconsin supreme court, brian hagedorn, patience drake roggensack, jill karofsky, daniel kelly, electoral college >
- Breitbart News 22:08December 15, 2020Kris Kobach: January 6 ‘May Very Well Be a Big Fight in Congress’ over ElectionKris Kobach told Breitbart News that some Republican-majority state legislatures may challenge votes of electors in Congress on January 6.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Radio, Electoral College, Kris Kobach, On the Hill, Supreme Court, Texas >
- Breitbart News 05:34December 15, 2020Pollak: Biden's Phlegmatic, Divisive Speech Burns Bridges to Trump's AmericaPresident-elect Joe Biden delivered an angry, partisan speech Monday evening upon being voted the winner of the 2020 election by the Electoral College.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Electoral College, Joe Biden, Supreme Court, unity >
- Business Insider 02:17December 15, 2020The GOP's 'outrageous' effort to overturn the election and its deference to Trump cements its status as 'a willing party to authoritarianism'Had the GOP succeeded in its attempts, most recently via a longshot Texas Supreme Court case, "it would have ended" US democracy.
< Politics, News, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Texas, Supreme Court, Authoritarianism, analysis >
- New York Magazine 19:28December 14, 2020Electors Are Meeting Today to Ratify Biden’s WinIt’s a routine process, but threats of violence and plans by Trump’s campaign to “elect” bogus alternative electors are raising eyebrows.
< politics, vision 2020, electoral college, contested election, congress, mike pence, joe biden, u.s. supreme court >
- Business Insider 00:45December 14, 2020CNN's Jake Tapper thanks Trump for 'exposing' Republicans who supported Texas' 'un-democratic, un-American, mendacious joke of a lawsuit'Tapper closed his show with a blistering attack on Trump and Republicans for their "desperate desire to subvert the will of the American people."
< Politics, CNN, Jake Tapper, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Texas, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 00:10December 14, 2020Sen. Lamar Alexander says that Trump should put 'the country first' and accept Biden's election win"States have certified their votes," the GOP senator said. "The courts have resolved the disputes. It looks very much like the electors will vote for Joe Biden."
< Politics, Lamar Alexander, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Joe Biden, transfer of power, US Presidency, 2020 election, Electoral College, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 22:42December 13, 2020Alan Dershowitz says Texas lawsuit tossed by Supreme Court should tell Trump's allies that they 'can't count on the judiciary' to invalidate election resultsThe attorney and Trump ally said the president needed a "perfect storm" of courts, governors, and state election officials to aid his cause.
< Politics, Alan Dershowitz, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Supreme Court, Joe Biden, Judiciary, Election Results >
- Breitbart News 21:08December 13, 2020Chris Christie: Trump’s Legal Theory Is an ‘Absurdity’ - 'There Is No Evidence'Former Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) said Sunday on ABC's "This Week" that President Donald Trump’s legal theories attempting to overturn the 2020 election results were "an absurdity."
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Chris Christie, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 21:04December 13, 2020Here are all the ways Trump has lost the presidential race since Election DayTrump lost the popular vote, the Electoral College vote, several recounts in multiple states, dozens of lawsuits, and a Hail Mary Supreme Court case.
< Election 2020, Politics, Donald Trump, 2020 election, Supreme Court, recount, Electoral College >
- Breitbart News 19:32December 13, 2020FNC's Wallace to Scalise on TX Lawsuit: 'You Were Talking About Disenfranchising' 10 Million Biden VotersFox News host Chris Wallace said on this week's broadcast of "Fox News Sunday" that House Minority Whip Steve Scalise's (R-LA) support for a Texas lawsuit was an attempt to "disenfranchising" 10 million Biden voters."
< Clips, Media, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Chris Wallace, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Steve Scalise, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 19:14December 13, 2020Trump says 'it's not over' and his baseless election legal challenges will 'continue to go forward' despite the Electoral College meeting on MondayIn an interview with Fox and Friends, Trump vowed to keep pursuing his campaign to subvert the presidential election.
< Politics, News, Election 2020, UK Weekend, Trump 2020, Trump, Election Fraud, Supreme Court, Electoral College >
- Huffington Post UK 19:04December 13, 2020Donald Trump's Absolutely Dreadful Weekend Explained For Brits
< uk news, uk politics, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Supreme Court of the United States, William Barr, Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Hunter Biden, Wisconsin, news, politics, donald-trump, joe-biden, supreme-court-of-the-united-states, william-barr, brett-kavanaugh, amy-coney-barrett, hunter-biden, wisconsin, NEWS >