- Коммерсант 12:55January 28, 2021Apple расширяет возможности пользователей по контролю за своими даннымиВ среду корпорация Apple представила обновление политики конфиденциальности, которое дает пользователям больше возможностей решать, как используются их личные данные. Это давно ожидаемое обновление, оно должно было быть выпущено еще в сентябре, когда Apple представила новую версию своей мобильной ОС — iOS 14, но было перенесено.Главное изменение состоит в том, что начиная со следующего обновления iOS 14, которое должно выйти весной, пользователи смогут сами решать, дают ли они разрешение на отслеживание некоторых их данных в интересах рекламодателей. Речь идет о так называемом идентификаторе для рекламодателей (IDFA) — уникальном идентификационном номере, присваиваемом гаджетам Apple и помогающем, например, в выдаче пользователям контекстной рекламы. До сих пор сторонние разработчики и рекламодатели могли свободно получать доступ к IDFA и тем самым отслеживать активность конкретного пользователя, используя это при предложении ему таргетированной рекламы и т. д. Теперь же пользователь будет сам выбирать, готов…
< Hi-Tech >
- Business Insider 12:54January 28, 2021Google is the latest corporate giant to halt donations to Republican lawmakers who voted against Biden's certification as president, joining Amazon and WalmartGoogle, Walmart, Amazon, Dow, and AT&T are among the companies who won't donate to the 147 lawmakers who voted against Joe Biden's certification.
< Finance, Politics, capitol building, Insurrection 2021, Companies, Hotels, Tech, capitol hill attack, Capitol Siege, Donald Trump, CEOs, Citigroup, JP Morgan, JP Morgan Chase, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Marriott, AirBnB, Facebook, Microsoft >
- Forbes 12:34January 28, 202113-Inch MacBook Pro M1 Review: Beat The HeatApple is at the top of the laptop heap in early 2021 thanks to the M1 MacBook's overhauled internals.
< Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, technology >
- Business Insider 11:02January 28, 202110 things in tech you need to know todayThe WallStreetBets GameStop frenzy, Apple's Q1 earnings, and Google's AI reshuffle.
< Tech Insider, 10 things in tech, 10 things in tech SAI, 10 Things You Need To Know SAI, 10 things you need know SAI UK >
- The Independent Feed 11:01January 28, 2021WhatsApp update: New biometric security features added as app teases more new featuresWhatsApp has added new biometric features and teased a number of updates coming to its web and desktop apps this year.
< Tech, Lifestyle >
- Forbes 11:00January 28, 2021Forget Google Chrome: Vivaldi Is The Browser To Keep Tabs OnWeb browser Vivaldi has introduced a new feature that makes it much easier to manage multiple browser tabs.
< Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech >
- Forbes 10:00January 28, 2021The Uncensored Guide To ‘Oumuamua, Aliens, And That Harvard AstronomerAvi Loeb says it's aliens. Every other astronomer disagrees. Here's why.
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, technology, science >
- Forbes 08:54January 28, 2021Ending Unlawful Trump H-1B Visa Policies Caused Denials To PlummetCourt losses forced Trump officials to change policies found to be unlawful, causing H-1B denials to drop dramatically.
< Leadership Strategy, /leadership-strategy, Leadership, /leadership, Leadership Strategy, /leadership-strategy, Innovation, /innovation, Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, leadership, leadership >
- Forbes 08:00January 28, 2021Glassdoor’s 50 Best Jobs In America For 2021 Dominated By Tech CareersEight of the 10 best jobs in America for 2021 are in technology-related careers according to Glassdoor.
< Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, Cloud, /cloud, Innovation, Enterprise&Cloud >
- Business Insider 05:08January 28, 2021Discord bans r/WallStreetBets server over hate speech amid the group driving GameStop shares through the roofModerators of Reddit's r/WallStreetBets, the online community behind a massive market rally involving GameStop shares, slammed the move.
< Markets, Tech Insider, Finance, GME stock price, WallStreetBets, r/wallstreetbets, GameStop, gamestop stock, AMC >
- Коммерсант 04:43January 28, 2021Apple получила рекордную квартальную выручку — больше $100 млрдВыручка корпорации Apple в первом квартале 2021 финансового года (до 26 декабря 2020 года) впервые превысила $100 млрд. Она увеличилась на 21% по сравнению с аналогичным периодом и достигла $111,4 млрд. Чистая прибыль увеличилась с $22,2 млрд до $28,8 млрд.«Наши показатели в декабрьском квартале были обеспечены двузначными показателями роста в каждой категории продуктов, что привело к рекордному росту выручки в каждом географическом сегменте и к самым высоким показателям базы активных подключенных устройств»,— сообщил финансовый директор Лука Маэстри, его слова приводит пресс-служба.Число активных устройств Apple достигло 1,65 млрд, сообщил глава компании Тим Кук Reuters. По его словам, годом ранее число устройств составляло 1,5 млрд. Господин Кук сообщил, что компании удалось увеличить рост продаж iPhone в Китае. Apple по итогам 2020 года оказался на первом месте в рейтинге самых дорогих брендов мира Brand Finance Global 500. Он стал лидером впервые с 2016 года. Эксперты оценили бренд в $263,4 млрд…
< Hi-Tech >
- Forbes 04:38January 28, 2021Review: Govee Aura Smart Table LampThe Govee Smart Table Lamp is a $59.99 standalone smart light with a wide range of effects, 360-degree lighting, music response modes, app-specific features for Wi-Fi, but also the ability to control many lighting effects using buttons on the lamp — no Wi-Fi required.
< Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Innovation, Consumertech >
- Business Insider 04:25January 28, 2021Elon Musk says Tesla has held 'preliminary discussions' to license its Autopilot software to other manufacturersThe Tesla CEO has said in the past that he is not looking to edge out other competitors, but rather simply advance self-driving technology.
< Transportation, News, Tech Insider, Cars, Tesla, EV, Elon Musk, Autopilot, Self-Driving Car >
- Business Insider 03:59January 28, 2021Elon Musk says Tesla's Cybertruck engineering is done and deliveries may start this year 'if we get lucky'On a call with investors Wednesday, Musk said Tesla will start preparing for Cybertruck production in Texas soon.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Transportation, Tech, Tesla, Tesla Cybertruck, Elon Musk, cybertruck >
- Коммерсант 02:54January 28, 2021Telegram ввел функцию переноса истории переписки из других мессенджеровTelegram сделал обновление приложения, теперь в нем доступна функция переноса истории переписки из других приложений. В качестве примера приводится WhatsApp, Line, KakaoTalk. Обновление появилось на фоне миграции пользователей из WhatsApp, Twitter и других соцсетей. «Теперь можно перенести в Telegram историю переписки из других приложений — например из WhatsApp, Line или KakaoTalk»,— говорится в описании обновления. Оно также позволяет пользователям удалять группы для всех участников, секретные чаты из списка чатов и историю звонков.Основатель мессенджера Павел Дуров в январе сообщил о крупнейшей цифровой миграции в истории. По его словам, только с 9 по 12 января в Telegram пришли 25 млн новых пользователей. Их общее число превысило 500 млн. Пользователи по всему миру активно начали скачивать Telegram после изменения политики конфиденциальности WhatsApp, а также после того, как аккаунт Дональда Трампа в Twitter был заблокирован навсегда из-за твитов, которые, по мнению руководства соцсети, разжигали…
< Hi-Tech >
- The Daily Beast 02:44January 28, 2021He Joined the GameStop Uprising to Screw the Big Guys—and Save His Dog’s LifeIllustration by Elizabeth Brockway/The Daily BeastOn Sunday night, Patrick, a 33-year-old from Texas, noticed his dog was limping. Concerned, he took him to the vet Monday. He got bad news: pay $4,000 for surgery, which he didn’t have, or put his dog down.“I cried all night,” Patrick told The Daily Beast. “I didn’t know what to do.”He remembered a conversation he had with his boyfriend’s sister, about how people on the Reddit forum r/WallStreetBets were making money trading GameStop stock. With his day job—working at his family’s construction company—struggling, he decided to put $1,000 in savings in GameStop and the movie chain AMC on Tuesday.Read more at The Daily Beast.
< Tech >
- Business Insider 02:15January 28, 2021Apple said the Pro models of the iPhone 12 sold the best last quarter as a record number of people upgraded their devicesApple reported $65.6 billion in iPhone revenue in Q1 2021, surpassing analyst estimates of $60.33 billion.
< Tech Insider, Apple, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Tim Cook, Apple Q1 2021 earnings >
- Forbes 02:09January 28, 2021As Global Covid Cases Surpass 100 Million, A New Player Enters The game: HopeAs we near the one year mark for many who have been waging the isolating battle for wellbeing during Covid, global case counts have surpassed one hundred million. Where will we go from here?
< Science, /science, Innovation, /innovation, Science, /science, technology, science >
- Business Insider 02:07January 28, 2021Tesla unveils refreshed Model S complete with an airplane-like steering wheel and an extra screenThe sedan now starts at $79,990, and the most expensive options will run you a cool $139,990.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Transportation, Tesla, Electric Vehicles, Model S, Tesla Model S, Elon Musk >
- AdWeek 02:07January 28, 2021Shamrock Capital Acquires Bayard AdvertisingShamrock Capital, the parent company of Adweek, has acquired New York-based Bayard Advertising, which specializes in recruitment marketing. Founded in 1923, on Bayard Street in Lower Manhattan, Bayard offers a suite of services, including branding, creative, digital media strategy, programmatic buying, social media engagement and more. "For nearly 100 years Bayard has operated as a...
< Ad Tech, Digital Transformation >
- Forbes 02:06January 28, 2021Apple’s Biggest Quarter Ever: All The Insane NumbersFastest growing region? China, which was up a massive 57%.
< Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Consumer Tech, /consumer-tech, Money, /money, Markets, /markets, Innovation, Consumertech >
- Business Insider 01:44January 28, 2021Apple saw the 'highest volume of FaceTime calls' last Christmas as families spent the holidays apartApple CEO Tim Cook said the company saw the "highest volume of FaceTime calls" during Christmas of 2020 as officials advised against holiday travel.
< Tech Insider, News, Apple, Tim Cook, FaceTime, Earnings, Pandemic >
- Guardian 01:24January 28, 2021Apple records most profitable quarter ever as sales soar amid pandemicCompany announces sales for last three months of 2020 totalled $111.4bn, fueled largely by release of latest iPhonesApple finished 2020 with its most profitable quarter ever as sales of its high end iPhones, tablets and laptops soared amid the pandemic. Continue reading...
< Apple, Technology, Business, Tim Cook >
- Business Insider 01:15January 28, 2021The best music streaming services you can subscribe to in 2021These are the best music streaming services you can use in 2021 to listen to millions of songs in an instant - from Apple Music and Spotify to Tidal.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Streaming (Reviews), Features, streaming services, Spotify, Amazon Music, Insider Picks Guides, Buying Guide, Tech Guides, Audio, Streaming, IP Streaming, Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, IP Graphics, Alyssa Powell, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 01:15January 28, 2021Tesla quietly added a new 1,020-horsepower version of the Model X to its lineup - the $120,000 'Plaid' editionThe Model X Plaid comes with three motors and can rocket from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, according to Tesla. It quietly appeared online Wednesday.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Tesla, Transportation, Tesla Model X, Electric Vehicles >
- Guardian 01:12January 28, 2021Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says platform will halt political suggestionsThe announcement comes on the heels of the company’s earnings report, which exceeded analyst’s predictions at $28bnFacebook will halt algorithm-driven recommendations of political Facebook groups around the world and is looking into reducing political content in its News Feed, according to chief executive officer Mark Zuckerberg.“People don’t want politics and fighting to take over their experience on the platform,” Zuckerberg told investors. “We’re going to focus even more on being a force for bringing people closer together,” he added. Continue reading...
< Facebook, Technology, US news, Stock markets, Business >
- Business Insider 01:11January 28, 2021It's time for Europe to take private data from the hands of powerful tech monopolies and give it back to the peoplePeople should be able to own their own private data, instead of being forced to hand it to tech giants like Facebook and Google.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, Opinion, BI Commentary, User Data, Big Tech, Facebook, Google, Apple, Europe, China >
- AdWeek 01:02January 28, 20214 Major Factors That Will Change How Marketers Use DataDigital advertising has proven to be resilient in the face of the ongoing pandemic, but marketers who are set to pour dollars into the medium are facing a spate of changes. The $114 billion digital ad industry is facing a year of uncertainty as regulators, platforms and everyday consumers rethink how they interact with advertisers...
< 2021 Outlook, Ad Tech, General >
- Business Insider 00:46January 28, 2021The best portable chargers and power banks in 2021When your phone's battery is running low, you need a portable battery pack to charge it back up. These are the best external battery packs.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Buying Guides, Tech, Tech Accessories, Battery, Battery Pack, Buying Guide, Best Guides, Tech Guides, Guide Update, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 00:35January 28, 2021Apple set a new record in Q1 with $111.4 billion in revenue following the iPhone 12 releaseApple reported $95.68 billion in product revenue in the October, November, and December months following the iPhone 12's October release.
< Tech Insider, Retail, Apple, Earnings, apple earnings, iPhone 12 >
- Business Insider 00:34January 28, 2021California Uber drivers score a win after court partially allows class-action lawsuit for pre-Prop 22 paymentsThe ruling lets 4,800 drivers sue Uber over expenses and pay statements, but they must sue individually over pay amounts, overtime, and sick leave.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Uber, Class action lawsuits, prop 22, AB5, Ride-hailing drivers, Gig economy >
- Forbes 00:30January 28, 2021What A New Administration Means For The Healthcare IndustryThe Biden-Harris administration has its sights set on a new future for the US healthcare system — and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will be front and center.
< Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, Innovation, /innovation, Enterprise Tech, /enterprise-tech, technology, forresterblog >
- Business Insider 00:28January 28, 2021The best iPhone deals happening right now, including $120 off an iPhone 12 MiniApple's iPhones are excellent, but they can be pricey. Luckily, these phones often see discounts. Here are the best iPhone deals of January 2021.
< Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Deals (Reviews), IP Deals, Deals, Tech Deals, iPhone, Apple, Features, Insider Reviews 2021, IP Roundup >
- Business Insider 00:24January 28, 2021Facebook blows away Q4 revenue and profit expectations as digital advertising reboundsFacebook reported its Q4 2020 earnings Tuesday, posting $28.1 billion in revenue, a profit of $3.88 a share, and 2.8 billion monthly users.
< Tech Insider, Markets, News, Facebook, Earnings, Q4 earnings, Markets >
- Business Insider 00:16January 28, 2021What is an SD card? Here's what you need to know about the small memory cards for electronic devicesSD cards, short for Secure Digital cards, are small thumbnail-sized memory storage cards with max capacities ranging up to 128TB.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Gadgets (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Tech How To, SD Card, SD cards, External storage, Gadgets, Storage, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card >
- Business Insider 00:13January 28, 2021Tesla closes out 2020 with yet another profitable quarterThe automaker turned a sixth consecutive profit in the final innings of 2020, but missed Wall Street's expectations for earnings on a per share basis.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Tesla, Tesla earnings, Tesla stock price, Elon Musk, Electric Vehicles, Earnings >
- Business Insider 00:06January 28, 2021How to join Nextdoor so you can engage with your neighborhood onlineYou can join Nextdoor by creating an account on its website or app with your email or by linking a Facebook, Apple, or Google account.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Smartphones (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Software & Apps (Reference), Tech How To, Nextdoor, Nextdoor app, Neighborhoods, Social networking service, Social Media, Online community, BI-freelancer >
- Business Insider 23:37January 27, 2021Billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya says GameStop's rally is no different than how Wall Street missed out on Tesla's surge"If it doesn't fit into the mold that Wall Street wants, they try to organize against it," Palihapitiya told CNBC on Wednesday.
< Tech Insider, News, Markets, Tech, Investing, GameStop, Tesla, Tesla stock price, Chamath Palihapitiya >
- Business Insider 23:31January 27, 2021The best air conditioners in 2021If you don't have central air, an air conditioner can help cool your space quickly and quietly. Here are the best ACs in 2021.
< Reviews, Home (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Buying Guide, Home, Air Conditioner, Guide Update, Home Guides, Appliance Guides, Best Guides, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Forbes 23:30January 27, 2021We’re Already In The Second Cleantech BubbleOnce again the institutional investors are eagerly devoting capital into the sector, when even just a couple of years ago it was still more of a curiosity.
< Hedge Funds & Private Equity, /hedge-funds-private-equity, Money, /money, Hedge Funds & Private Equity, /hedge-funds-private-equity, Innovation, /innovation, Green Tech, /green-tech, Money >
- Business Insider 23:25January 27, 2021C3.ai shares climb after launch of 'Ex Machina' predictive analytics applicationC3.ai launched the first-ever no-code AI application on Wednesday, sending shares up as much as 11%.
< Markets, Markets, C3.ai, C3.ai stock, c3.ai stock price, Tech stocks, artificial intellegence >
- Business Insider 23:22January 27, 2021Governor Chamath and the venture capital politics invasionIn this week's edition of Insider Tech we look at the growing ambitions of tech VCs, as well as an office-in-a-car that's perfect for remote work.
< Tech Insider, Enterprise, Venture Capital, Chamath Palihapitiya, Andreessen Horowitz, Microsoft, Tesla, Waymo, Elon Musk >
- Business Insider 23:22January 27, 2021The 4 main reasons that GameStop stock became the target of a Reddit forum with more than 2 million membersGameStop stock has spiked in value across the last week, and it's all being driven by a massive Reddit forum. Here's why they chose GameStop.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Finance, Reddit, Wall Street Bets, GameStop, GME, GME stock, Chewy, Features, Gaming, Wall Street, Stock, Video Games >
- Forbes 23:22January 27, 2021Two Charts That Explain How Mastercard And Visa Have Become Future-ProofDisruption is everywhere, and that includes the world of finance. Square and PayPal are the obvious winners here. But incumbents like Mastercard and Visa are also faring well. Both incumbents are making their earnings announcements this week.
< Leadership, /leadership, Leadership, /leadership, Money, /money, Fintech, /fintech, leadership >
- Coindesk 23:04January 27, 2021Geopolitics at Stake in US Response to China’s Digital Yuan: ReportFrom privacy to political power, China’s digital yuan will have far-reaching implications.
< Tech, China, Privacy, CBDC, Digital Yuan >
- Business Insider 22:58January 27, 2021Reddit says it's down amid a stock-market frenzy caused by subredditors and skyrocketing GameStop sharesReddit tweeted "yes we're down right now, I'll share updates here as we have them. pls don't yell at me."
< Tech Insider, News, Reddit, GameStop, Stock Market, Outage >
- Business Insider 22:53January 27, 2021The best deals on Nintendo Switch consoles, games, and accessories right now - including $10 off Switch pro controllersNintendo's Switch is the fastest-selling console on the planet, and we're keeping track of the best deals on Switch bundles, games, and accessories.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Deals (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, switch, Gaming, IP Deals, Tech Deals, Insider Picks 2020, IP Roundup, Tech >
- Business Insider 22:45January 27, 20213 spacecraft are set to reach Mars next month, from NASA, China, and the UAE. Here's what they aim to learn.NASA is bringing a helicopter, and China aims to deploy an orbiter, lander, and rover from just one probe. It's a year of firsts for Mars.
< Science, Tech Insider, Mars, NASA, China, United Arab Emirates, Rover, Perseverance Mars Rover, Tianwen-1, Hope Probe >
- Business Insider 22:42January 27, 2021The best deals on Xbox consoles, controllers, and games right now - including $20 off 'Assassin's Creed Valhalla'If you're looking to buy an Xbox console or a new game to add to your collection, check out our roundup of the best deals available right now.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Deals (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Xbox One, Microsoft, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Gaming, Xbox, Tech Deals, IP Deals, IP Roundup, Tech, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Coindesk 22:18January 27, 2021Reddit Joins With Ethereum Foundation to Build Scaling ToolsThe social media firm will dedicate developer resources to support scaling efforts for Ethereum.
< Tech, News, Reddit, Ethereum, Ethereum Foundation, Community Points >