- Business Insider 14:57January 28, 2021The next global pandemic may be caused by a bioterrorist attack, says Harvard tech expertAn effective counter-response is needed if we are to stop the threat of bioterrorism, says Vivek Wadhwa of Harvard. "The genie is out of the bottle."
< Tech Insider, Tech Contributors, International, International Contributors, BI General Contributors, Tech, bio-terrorism, biowarfare, bioweapon, coronaivrus, coronavirus pandemic, Pandemic, Terrorism, BI International, Business Insider España, BI España >
- Business Insider 14:56January 28, 2021Website-building company Squarespace confidentially files to go publicThe website building company Squarespace, which has more than 1,000 employees, was last valued at $1.7 billion in December 2017.
< Tech Insider, Squarespace, website, Tech Insider, Tech, Technology, stock market listing, Stock Market, IPO, Tech firms >
- Business Insider 13:40January 28, 2021Mark Zuckerberg said Apple is becoming Facebook's biggest competitor. He also accused Apple of misleading users on privacy and abusing its dominance.Zuckerberg said Apple misleads users about its privacy commitments by failing to offer end-to-end encryption by default for iMessage.
< Tech Insider, Advertising, Mark Zuckerberg, Apple, Facebook, Privacy, iOS14, Advertising >
- Business Insider 11:02January 28, 202110 things in tech you need to know todayThe WallStreetBets GameStop frenzy, Apple's Q1 earnings, and Google's AI reshuffle.
< Tech Insider, 10 things in tech, 10 things in tech SAI, 10 Things You Need To Know SAI, 10 things you need know SAI UK >
- Business Insider 05:08January 28, 2021Discord bans r/WallStreetBets server over hate speech amid the group driving GameStop shares through the roofModerators of Reddit's r/WallStreetBets, the online community behind a massive market rally involving GameStop shares, slammed the move.
< Markets, Tech Insider, Finance, GME stock price, WallStreetBets, r/wallstreetbets, GameStop, gamestop stock, AMC >
- Business Insider 04:25January 28, 2021Elon Musk says Tesla has held 'preliminary discussions' to license its Autopilot software to other manufacturersThe Tesla CEO has said in the past that he is not looking to edge out other competitors, but rather simply advance self-driving technology.
< Transportation, News, Tech Insider, Cars, Tesla, EV, Elon Musk, Autopilot, Self-Driving Car >
- Business Insider 03:59January 28, 2021Elon Musk says Tesla's Cybertruck engineering is done and deliveries may start this year 'if we get lucky'On a call with investors Wednesday, Musk said Tesla will start preparing for Cybertruck production in Texas soon.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Transportation, Tech, Tesla, Tesla Cybertruck, Elon Musk, cybertruck >
- Business Insider 02:15January 28, 2021Apple said the Pro models of the iPhone 12 sold the best last quarter as a record number of people upgraded their devicesApple reported $65.6 billion in iPhone revenue in Q1 2021, surpassing analyst estimates of $60.33 billion.
< Tech Insider, Apple, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, Tim Cook, Apple Q1 2021 earnings >
- Business Insider 02:07January 28, 2021Tesla unveils refreshed Model S complete with an airplane-like steering wheel and an extra screenThe sedan now starts at $79,990, and the most expensive options will run you a cool $139,990.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Transportation, Tesla, Electric Vehicles, Model S, Tesla Model S, Elon Musk >
- Business Insider 01:44January 28, 2021Apple saw the 'highest volume of FaceTime calls' last Christmas as families spent the holidays apartApple CEO Tim Cook said the company saw the "highest volume of FaceTime calls" during Christmas of 2020 as officials advised against holiday travel.
< Tech Insider, News, Apple, Tim Cook, FaceTime, Earnings, Pandemic >
- Business Insider 01:15January 28, 2021The best music streaming services you can subscribe to in 2021These are the best music streaming services you can use in 2021 to listen to millions of songs in an instant - from Apple Music and Spotify to Tidal.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Streaming (Reviews), Features, streaming services, Spotify, Amazon Music, Insider Picks Guides, Buying Guide, Tech Guides, Audio, Streaming, IP Streaming, Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, IP Graphics, Alyssa Powell, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 01:15January 28, 2021Tesla quietly added a new 1,020-horsepower version of the Model X to its lineup - the $120,000 'Plaid' editionThe Model X Plaid comes with three motors and can rocket from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds, according to Tesla. It quietly appeared online Wednesday.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Tesla, Transportation, Tesla Model X, Electric Vehicles >
- Business Insider 01:11January 28, 2021It's time for Europe to take private data from the hands of powerful tech monopolies and give it back to the peoplePeople should be able to own their own private data, instead of being forced to hand it to tech giants like Facebook and Google.
< Opinion, Politics, Tech Insider, Opinion, BI Commentary, User Data, Big Tech, Facebook, Google, Apple, Europe, China >
- Business Insider 00:46January 28, 2021The best portable chargers and power banks in 2021When your phone's battery is running low, you need a portable battery pack to charge it back up. These are the best external battery packs.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Buying Guides, Tech, Tech Accessories, Battery, Battery Pack, Buying Guide, Best Guides, Tech Guides, Guide Update, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 00:35January 28, 2021Apple set a new record in Q1 with $111.4 billion in revenue following the iPhone 12 releaseApple reported $95.68 billion in product revenue in the October, November, and December months following the iPhone 12's October release.
< Tech Insider, Retail, Apple, Earnings, apple earnings, iPhone 12 >
- Business Insider 00:34January 28, 2021California Uber drivers score a win after court partially allows class-action lawsuit for pre-Prop 22 paymentsThe ruling lets 4,800 drivers sue Uber over expenses and pay statements, but they must sue individually over pay amounts, overtime, and sick leave.
< Tech Insider, Transportation, Uber, Class action lawsuits, prop 22, AB5, Ride-hailing drivers, Gig economy >
- Business Insider 00:24January 28, 2021Facebook blows away Q4 revenue and profit expectations as digital advertising reboundsFacebook reported its Q4 2020 earnings Tuesday, posting $28.1 billion in revenue, a profit of $3.88 a share, and 2.8 billion monthly users.
< Tech Insider, Markets, News, Facebook, Earnings, Q4 earnings, Markets >
- Business Insider 00:16January 28, 2021What is an SD card? Here's what you need to know about the small memory cards for electronic devicesSD cards, short for Secure Digital cards, are small thumbnail-sized memory storage cards with max capacities ranging up to 128TB.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Gadgets (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Tech How To, SD Card, SD cards, External storage, Gadgets, Storage, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card >
- Business Insider 00:13January 28, 2021Tesla closes out 2020 with yet another profitable quarterThe automaker turned a sixth consecutive profit in the final innings of 2020, but missed Wall Street's expectations for earnings on a per share basis.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Tesla, Tesla earnings, Tesla stock price, Elon Musk, Electric Vehicles, Earnings >
- Business Insider 00:06January 28, 2021How to join Nextdoor so you can engage with your neighborhood onlineYou can join Nextdoor by creating an account on its website or app with your email or by linking a Facebook, Apple, or Google account.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Smartphones (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Software & Apps (Reference), Tech How To, Nextdoor, Nextdoor app, Neighborhoods, Social networking service, Social Media, Online community, BI-freelancer >
- Business Insider 23:37January 27, 2021Billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya says GameStop's rally is no different than how Wall Street missed out on Tesla's surge"If it doesn't fit into the mold that Wall Street wants, they try to organize against it," Palihapitiya told CNBC on Wednesday.
< Tech Insider, News, Markets, Tech, Investing, GameStop, Tesla, Tesla stock price, Chamath Palihapitiya >
- Business Insider 23:22January 27, 2021Governor Chamath and the venture capital politics invasionIn this week's edition of Insider Tech we look at the growing ambitions of tech VCs, as well as an office-in-a-car that's perfect for remote work.
< Tech Insider, Enterprise, Venture Capital, Chamath Palihapitiya, Andreessen Horowitz, Microsoft, Tesla, Waymo, Elon Musk >
- Business Insider 23:22January 27, 2021The 4 main reasons that GameStop stock became the target of a Reddit forum with more than 2 million membersGameStop stock has spiked in value across the last week, and it's all being driven by a massive Reddit forum. Here's why they chose GameStop.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Finance, Reddit, Wall Street Bets, GameStop, GME, GME stock, Chewy, Features, Gaming, Wall Street, Stock, Video Games >
- Business Insider 22:58January 27, 2021Reddit says it's down amid a stock-market frenzy caused by subredditors and skyrocketing GameStop sharesReddit tweeted "yes we're down right now, I'll share updates here as we have them. pls don't yell at me."
< Tech Insider, News, Reddit, GameStop, Stock Market, Outage >
- Business Insider 22:53January 27, 2021The best deals on Nintendo Switch consoles, games, and accessories right now - including $10 off Switch pro controllersNintendo's Switch is the fastest-selling console on the planet, and we're keeping track of the best deals on Switch bundles, games, and accessories.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Deals (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, switch, Gaming, IP Deals, Tech Deals, Insider Picks 2020, IP Roundup, Tech >
- Business Insider 22:45January 27, 20213 spacecraft are set to reach Mars next month, from NASA, China, and the UAE. Here's what they aim to learn.NASA is bringing a helicopter, and China aims to deploy an orbiter, lander, and rover from just one probe. It's a year of firsts for Mars.
< Science, Tech Insider, Mars, NASA, China, United Arab Emirates, Rover, Perseverance Mars Rover, Tianwen-1, Hope Probe >
- Business Insider 22:42January 27, 2021The best deals on Xbox consoles, controllers, and games right now - including $20 off 'Assassin's Creed Valhalla'If you're looking to buy an Xbox console or a new game to add to your collection, check out our roundup of the best deals available right now.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Deals (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Xbox One, Microsoft, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Gaming, Xbox, Tech Deals, IP Deals, IP Roundup, Tech, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 22:11January 27, 2021The White House is 'monitoring the situation' with GameStop and the stock marketThe White House said its economic team, "including Secretary Yellen and others, are monitoring the situation" around GameStop's skyrocketed shares.
< Finance, Tech Insider, Politics, News, GameStop, Reddit, Stock Market, White House, Biden administration >
- Business Insider 22:01January 27, 2021How to watch 'The Little Things' starring Denzel Washington when it hits HBO Max and theaters on January 29"The Little Things" is the latest movie to premiere on HBO Max and in theaters on the same day. Here's how to stream the film on January 29.
< Entertainment, Reviews, Streaming (Reviews), Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Tech Insider, Insider Reviews 2021, How to Watch, Streaming, IP Streaming, HBO Max, Warner Bros., Denzel Washington, Rami Malek, Jared Leto, Movies, Tech, IP Tech >
- Business Insider 21:45January 27, 2021Investor Chamath Palihapitiya will donate his earnings from GameStop's rally to the Barstool Fund, which supports struggling small businessesPalihapitiya will donate $500,000, his initial investment and profits on GME.
< Tech Insider, Markets, Tech, Markets, Chamath Palihapitiya, GameStop, Dave Portnoy, Barstool, The Barstool Fund >
- Business Insider 21:17January 27, 2021How to clear an SD card and erase all of its data, including the hidden junk files you can't usually deleteThe best way to clear an SD card is to format it, which is like hitting a factory reset button; it'll erase every file, leaving just an empty card.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Gadgets (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Tech How To, SD Card, SD cards, Storage, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card >
- Business Insider 21:00January 27, 2021Yes, you can use a mouse with your iPad - here's how to connect and use a Bluetooth mouseYou can use a wireless mouse with an iPad that's running iPadOS 13.4 or later, which includes every iPad Pro and most other new models.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Gadgets (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Tech How To, iPad, Wireless mouse, Computer mouse, iPadOS, Bluetooth, Apple, BI-freelancer >
- Business Insider 20:47January 27, 2021OnePlus cofounder Carl Pei just launched a new smart device company called 'Nothing'OnePlus' cofounder is launching a new consumer tech-focused brand called Nothing that aims to connect people and technology in a seamless way.
< Tech Insider, News, OnePlus, Carl Pei, Smart Devices >
- Business Insider 19:52January 27, 2021The best phones in 2021We tested the latest and greatest phones. These are the best phones you can buy in 2021 for photography, gaming, battery life, and even kids.
< Tech Insider, Reviews, Tech & Electronics (Reviews), Features, Insider Picks Guides, Tech, smartphone, iPhone, Android, Hollis Johnson, Crystal Cox, Guide Updates, Buying Guide, Tech Guides, Mobile, Samsung, Google, Apple, product card, Insider Reviews 2021 >
- Business Insider 19:26January 27, 2021GameStop nearly died in 2019. Now, hedge funds are scrambling to deal with the company's exploding stock. Here's what's going on.The world's largest video game retailer, GameStop, has gone from barely hanging on to wildly valuable - and it's all due to a Reddit forum.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Retail, Video Games, Gaming, GameStop, Ryan Cohen, Michael Burry, Stocks, Stock, Hedge Funds, Reddit >
- Business Insider 18:49January 27, 2021Some users are experiencing issues with trading platforms Vanguard, TD Ameritrade, and Charles SchwabThousands of users are reporting issues with the platforms on DownDetector. TD Ameritrade told Insider that it's working to resolve the issues.
< Tech Insider, Finance, News, TD Ameritrade, Vanguard, Charles Schwab, online trading >
- Business Insider 18:26January 27, 2021Verizon said Tuesday's outage impacting Fios users was caused by a fiber line cut by a fallen tree in BrooklynA Verizon spokesperson told Insider that "the cause of the cut was a tree falling on the cable and service has been restored."
< Tech Insider, Retail, News, Verizon, Internet, Outage, East Coast >
- Business Insider 18:16January 27, 2021Reddit's r/WallStreetBets appeared to be down briefly on Wednesday morning after the forum sparked a spectacular GameStop rallyr/WallStreetBets had encouraged investors to bid on GameStop, leading to billions of dollars in loses for the stock's short-sellers.
< Tech Insider, News, Markets, Reddit, GameStop, AMC, WallStreetBets >
- Business Insider 18:00January 27, 2021Apple now has the most valuable brand in the world at more than $260 billion, surpassing Amazon and GoogleApple just passed Amazon for the first time in five years to become the most valuable brand in the world at $263.4 billion.
< Tech Insider, Apple, Market capitalization, Google, Alphabet, Amazon >
- Business Insider 16:40January 27, 2021Jack Ma's Ant Group reportedly plans to transform into a financial holding company overseen by China's central bankJack Ma's Ant Group becoming a financial holding company would give Chinese regulators oversight of all its activities, sources told the WSJ.
< Finance, Tech Insider, Jack Ma, Ant Group, Alibaba, China >
- Business Insider 15:52January 27, 2021ByteDance is cutting down its 2,000-person team in India, where TikTok is still bannedThe job cuts at ByteDance, which owns TikTok, follow India's decision to retain its ban TikTok and 58 other Chinese apps.
< Tech Insider, TikTok, Bytedance, Video App, India, China, Tech Insider, Tech, Technology, Social Media, Ban, App >
- Business Insider 15:30January 27, 2021Tesla is about to close the books on its most historic year yet - here's what to expectTesla had a remarkable 2020 while most economies were plunged into chaos. On Wednesday, investors will get the full picture.
< Transportation, News, Markets, Tech Insider, Tesla, Tesla earnings, Elon Musk, Electric Vehicles, Earnings >
- Business Insider 14:58January 27, 2021Google has shut down work on 3D painting app Tilt Brush, the latest in a string of VR disappointmentsVirtual and augmented reality games are still struggling to break through into the mainstream.
< Tech Insider, Google, Tilt Brush, AR, VR, Technology >
- Business Insider 14:24January 27, 2021Elon Musk accuses Amazon of trying to 'hamstring' SpaceX's Starlink satellite project, but Amazon says SpaceX is trying to 'smother competition'Musk is in another public spat with Amazon, this time over SpaceX's request to bring Starlink satellites into lower orbit, which Amazon objects to.
< Tech Insider, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, SpaceX, Starlink, Project Kuiper, Amazon >
- Business Insider 13:39January 27, 2021Meet the Axiom Space crew who are paying $55 million each to fly on a SpaceX rocket to the International Space StationAn American entrepreneur, a Canadian investor, and an Israeli businessman will be the crew aboard the SpaceX's Crew Dragon flight to the ISS.
< Tech Insider, SpaceX, Elon Musk, Space, Space Exploration, Tech, Technologies, Tech Insider, Launch, rocket, Axiom Space >
- Business Insider 10:54January 27, 202110 things in tech you need to know today
< Tech Insider, 10 things in tech, 10 things in tech SAI, 10 Things You Need To Know SAI, 10 things you need know SAI UK >
- Business Insider 04:35January 27, 2021YouTube blocks Rudy Giuliani from earning ad dollars after he repeatedly pushed election misinformationThe move follows months of Giuliani spreading conspiracies, and comes as Trump's lawyer faces a $1.3 billion lawsuit from Dominion Voting Systems.
< Politics, Tech Insider, News, Advertising, Rudy Giuliani, YouTube, Dominion Voting Systems, Misinformation, Elections 2020, Politics, content moderation, Digital Advertising, Social Media >
- Business Insider 03:39January 27, 2021Does DoorDash take cash? Here's what you need to knowNeither DoorDash Drive nor DoorDash's marketplace app will take cash at this time. DoorDash has never accepted cash on its marketplace app.
< Tech Insider, Tech Reference, Software & Apps (Reference), Smartphones (Reference), Laptops & Tablets (Reference), Tech How To, DoorDash, DoorDash delivery, DoorDash tips, food delivery service, DoorDash drivers, DoorDash cash, BI-freelancer >
- Business Insider 02:31January 27, 2021Members of the 116th Congress rail against social-media companies but posted to Twitter and Facebook a record 2.2 million timesThe Pew Research Center found lawmakers drew record-breaking followings on the platforms in 2019 and 2020 amid arguments over social-media moderation.
< Politics, Tech Insider, Donald Trump, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jon Ossoff, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok >
- Business Insider 02:03January 27, 2021Jeff Bezos wants his girlfriend's brother to pay his legal fees after he unsuccessfully sued the Amazon CEO. Here's how Bezos became embroiled in a tangled web of lawsuits and family drama.The lawsuit followed a scandal that erupted in 2019, when the National Enquirer revealed details of Jeff Bezos' relationship with Lauren Sanchez.
< Tech Insider, Features, Jeff Bezos, Amazon, Washington Post, Michael Sanchez, Michael Sanchez lawsuit, Lauren Sanchez, National Enquirer, AMI, David Pecker, Mohammed bin Salman >