- Business Insider 23:28November 7, 2019Trump and Warren have the biggest rallies in the 2020 election. They couldn't be more different.Lucas Jackson / Reuters / Andrew Harnick / AP / Business Insider In September, Democratic presidential candidate Warren spoke to 20,000 people at a rally in Washington Square Park, in New York. She spoke about taxes and empowering women.
In October, President Donald Trump spoke to 20,000 people at the American Airlines Center, in Dallas. He spoke about the border wall between America and Mexico, the economy, and impeachment proceedings against him.
Both politicians were cheered on. Warren for her proposed tax on wealthy citizens, Trump for "draining the swamp."
But the two crowds were quite the contrast. Warren's rally had people dressed in everyday clothes, who were willing to speak to reporters, while Trump had a crowd dressed in red, white, and blue, who weren't so fond of the media. Here's how different the two rallies were
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Two rallies, a world apart.
President Donald Trump is back on the campaign trail as he runs for his second term as president. And Sen. Elizabeth Warren is furiously campaigning for the Democratic presidential nomination, joining Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Vice President Joe Biden at the front of the pack.
In September, Warren spoke to 20,000 people at a rally in Washington Square Park in New York. In October, Trump spoke to 20,000 people at the American Airlines Center in Dallas.
We compared the two. They had almost nothing in common. In September, Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren spoke for 50 minutes to an estimated 20,000 people in New York's Washington Square Park. It was her largest crowd to date, and one of the largest Democrat candidate rallies of the year.
Shannon Stapleton / Reuters
Sources: Vox, The New York Times
In October, Trump spoke to 20,000 supporters in the American Airlines Center in Dallas for 87 minutes. It was one of the longest speeches in his career and an important rally for him as he tries to connect with voters while facing impeachment proceedings in Washington.
Sources: Texas Tribune, NBC News Warren spoke about corruption in US politics, taxes, and the 1911 Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire. The rally was near the former site of the factory, which burned down and killed about 150 mostly female workers. She threaded it through her speech, which focused on corruption and the empowerment of women.
Shannon Stapleton / Reuters
Sources: Vox, The New York Times
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:All of the important primary, convention, and debate dates you need to know for the 2020 presidential electionPOWER RANKING: Here's who has the best chance of becoming the 2020 Democratic presidential nomineeDaylight-saving time ends on Sunday November 3 — here's why we have it and why the EU and some US states have gotten rid of itSEE ALSO: Trump's al-Baghdadi raid Situation Room photo has one big difference from Obama's Osama bin Laden picture — and it tells you everything about their styles
DON'T MISS: Photos capture how Elizabeth Warren rose from a nearly broke Midwestern upbringing to a top Democratic presidential contender — and Wall Street's worst enemy
< Features, Politics Slideshow, News, trump rally, Warren rally, >
- Huffington Post UK 12:26November 7, 2019The Best Thing At The Trump Rally Was A Kid Doing The Worm Behind TV Reporter
< Donald Trump, Jim Acosta, donald trump rally, donald-trump, jim-acosta, donald-trump-rally, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 04:20November 7, 2019Watch Live: Donald Trump Speaks at a MAGA Rally in LouisianaThe president is expected to speak at 8:00 p.m. EST.
< Clips, Politics, Donald Trump, Louisiana, Trump Rally >
- Business Insider 10:10November 5, 2019Trump speaks at a Kentucky rally in front of supporters with 'READ THE TRANSCRIPT' shirtsFox 10 Phoenix/Youtube President Donald Trump spoke at a rally in Lexington, Kentucky, on November 4, the same day that the public phase of the impeachment inquiry began.
Trump supporters debuted a new campaign shirt with the phrase "READ THE TRANSCRIPT" at a rally in Kentucky on Monday.
Trump's chief defense as the impeachment inquiry progresses is to "read the transcript," referring to the summary transcript of a call between the president and Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky released by the White House.
However, even though the president insists that investigators should refer to the transcript, Insider's John Haltiwanger points out it actually does more to damage to the president's case rather than helps it.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Trump supporters debuted a new campaign shirt with the phrase "READ THE TRANSCRIPT" at a rally in Kentucky on Monday.
President Donald Trump spoke at a rally in Lexington, Kentucky, on November 4, the same day that the public phase of the impeachment inquiry began.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Extremists turned a frog meme into a hate symbol, but Hong Kong protesters revived it as an emblem of hopeSee Also:Rudy Giuliani accused Biden of interfering in a Ukrainian investigation for political gain. Giuliani may have done exactly that in 2017.In a major blow to Trump, a federal appeals court ruled he has to turn over his taxes to New York prosecutorsTrump threatens smear campaign against Alexander Vindman, the Purple Heart recipient who said the White House left out some phrases from its Ukraine call memoSEE ALSO: 21 of the most creative signs die-hard supporters have brought to Trump rallies
< Donald Trump, trump rally, Kentucky, Ukraine, Trump impeachment, >
- Breitbart News 02:48November 5, 2019Watch Live: Donald Trump Hosts MAGA Rally in KentuckyTrump is scheduled to speak 7:00 p.m EST.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Campaign Rally, Donald Trump, Kentucky, Matt Bevin, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 23:44November 3, 2019Anti-Trump Groups Raise Enough Funds to Bring 'Baby Trump' Balloon to Kentucky RallyTwo anti-Trump groups have raised enough money to bring the Baby Trump balloon to Lexington, Kentucky, for the president's rally on Monday.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Pre-Viral, anti-Trump, Baby Trump Balloon, dallas, Donald Trump, Kentucky, lexington, Mississippi, Texas, Trump Rally, Tupelo >
- Breitbart News 06:03November 2, 2019Donald Trump: Conan the Dog Got More Media Coverage Than MePresident Donald Trump celebrated the successful mission that killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Friday but joked that the wounded canine unit that was part of the mission got more media attention than he did.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, al-Baghdadi, Conan, Donald Trump, hero dog, media, Mississippi, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 05:41November 2, 2019Donald Trump: Democrat Impeachment Vote 'An Attack on Democracy'President Donald Trump at a Friday rally ripped House Democrats for their vote to begin an impeachment inquiry. "Yesterday's vote by the radical Democrats is an attack on democracy itself," he said.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, Mississippi, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 05:36November 2, 2019Donald Trump Mocks Beto O'Rourke for Quitting 2020 Campaign: 'That Poor Bastard'"He quit like a dog," Trump said of Beto O'Rourke. "When he quit, I said, 'See? People think this is easy, it's not so easy.'"
< 2020 Election, Politics, Beto O'Rourke, Donald Trump, Mississippi, Trump Rally >
- Business Insider 06:30October 12, 2019Donald Trump just promised his supporters he'd 'put a man on the face of the moon. We already did that 50 years ago.Getty Images At a rally in Louisiana on Friday night, President Donald Trump spoke for nearly 90 minutes.
He closed the evening by emphatically saying the US would "defeat Socialism" and "put a man on the face of the moon."
We already did that — 50 years ago.
Visit Insider.com for more stories. On Friday night, President Donald Trump held a campaign rally at the James E. Sudduth Coliseum in Lake Charles, Louisiana. A nearly full house listened on as Trump covered some of his favorite subjects (the border, the military, and the flag) and attacked all the usual suspects (Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, the state of California).
And then things got weird. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: 7 secrets about Washington, DC landmarks you probably didn't knowSee Also:Evangelical leaders are breaking with Trump over his decision to withdraw from Syria in a move that could hurt the president's chances in 20202 of Rudy Giuliani's associates who prosecutors say helped him dig up dirt on Joe Biden have been charged with campaign finance violationsTrump boasts the economy is the best it's ever been. Here are 9 charts showing how it's fared compared to the Obama and Bush presidencies.
< The Moon, Donald Trump, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, trump rally, Trump campaign, >
- New York Magazine 17:50October 11, 2019Trump Bored by His Own Speech, Just Wants to Talk About TV ShowsPresident Donald Trump’s speech at a rally in Minneapolis last night was punctuated by constant references to television. Trump called his own election “One of the greatest nights in the history of television.”
< politics, the national interest, donald trump, minneapolis, trump rally, television >
- Breitbart News 07:37October 11, 2019Left-wing Rioters Attack Trump Supporters Leaving Minneapolis RallyLeft-wing rioters attacked supporters of President Donald Trump leaving a rally in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Thursday evening -- assaulting them in groups, setting fire to pro-Trump hats, and attacking the police.
< 2020 Election, Crime, Politics, anti-trump protests, Antifa, Jacob Frey, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 04:58October 11, 2019Watch--Trump: Joe Biden 'Was Only a Good Vice President Because He Understood How to Kiss Obama's Ass'President Trump said Democrat Joe Biden was "only a good Vice President because he understood how to kiss" former President Obama's "ass" in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Thursday.
< 2020 Election, Clips, Politics, 2020 Democrats, Biden, Burisma Holdings, China, Corruption, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Obama, President Trump, Trump, Trump Rally, Ukraine >
- Business Insider 21:22October 8, 201921 of the most creative signs die-hard supporters have brought to Trump ralliesSandy Huffaker / Getty President Donald Trump is running for a second term, which means more political rallies.
His supporters don't turn up empty-handed. They're bringing some pretty unique signs.
The signs cover many of Trump's favorite topics — the US Mexico border, "draining the swamp," his "genius," the flaws of socialism and communism, "fake news," and people's love and adoration for him.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. There are political signs, and then there are President Donald Trump's supporter's signs.
Trump is campaigning for a second term, which means more rallies. Political rallies need signs and placards. Luckily, he's got a large, vocal pool of supporters, and many of them come to support him bearing some pretty wild examples.
Topics on the signs include the wall between the US and Mexico, the "political swamp" in Washington, Trump's intellect, the perils of socialism and communism, the necessity of guns, the "fake news" media, and a whole lot of love for the current president.
Here are some of the wilder signs photographers have captured.In case you'd forgotten, Trump is the leader of the United States.
James D. Morgan / Getty
Since he's already serving a term, the slogan he ran on last time, "Make America Great again"...
Timothy A. Clary / AFP / Getty
... has been replaced by "Keep America Great."
Spencer Platt / Getty
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:Putin had a forest photoshoot in Siberia for his birthday, and it's the most majestic propaganda you'll see todayStunning photos show what it's really like to work deep underground in an American coal mineThe life of Rachel Maddow: How a Rhodes scholar and AIDS activist became America's most unlikely cable television hostSEE ALSO: Trump kicked off his 2020 campaign with a freewheeling rally riddled with falsehoods as he excoriated Mueller, Democrats, and the press
DON'T MISS: The Trump campaign is launching its own social networking app to mobilize 'the army of Trump' for 2020
< Features, Politics Slideshow, News, trump rally, trump posters, >
- Breitbart News 17:11October 8, 2019Donald Trump Rips ‘Lightweight’ Minneapolis Mayor for Trying to Block His RallyPresident Donald Trump ripped Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey as a "lightweight" for trying to block his rally scheduled for Thursday from taking place.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Brad Parscale, Donald Trump, Jacob Frey, Minneapolis, Target Center, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 05:12September 10, 2019President Trump: 'Every Inch' of Border Wall 'Vital' to Safety of AmericaEvery inch of the border wall is vital to the safety of America, President Donald Trump said during a rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Monday.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Pre-Viral, 2020, Border Wall, Donald Trump, Human Trafficking, immigration, North Carolina, Southern Border, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 15:19August 19, 2019Left-Wing Protesters Adopted 'Gauntlet' at New Hampshire RallyHundreds of left-wing protesters formed a gauntlet outside President Donald Trump's campaign rally in Manchester, New Hampshire, last Thursday, forcing Trump supporters to walk through on their way to the SNHU Arena, and endure taunts of "shame" and "KKK."
< 2020 Election, Politics, anti-Trump, anti-trump protest, New Hampshire, San Jose, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 10:03August 18, 2019Fire Marshal Fact-Checks Fake News About Trump New Hampshire Rally AttendanceA fire department official in Manchester, New Hampshire, has confirmed President Donald Trump's claim to have smashed attendance records at his rally at the SNHU Arena last Thursday, contradicting fake news about "empty seats."
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, Daily Mail, elton john, fake news, New Hampshire, The Hill, Trump Rally >
- Huffington Post UK 14:02August 16, 2019Trump Fat-Shames Protester, Then Says His Movement Is 'Built On Love'
< Donald Trump, fat shaming, New Hampshire, trump rally, donald-trump, fat-shaming, new-hampshire, trump-rally, NEWS, news >
- Breitbart News 01:31August 16, 2019Watch Live: Donald Trump Holds Rally in Manchester, New HampshirePresident Donald Trump will hold a re-election rally 7 PM EST Thursday at the Southern New Hampshire University Arena in Manchester, NH.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Donald Trump, New Hampshire, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 21:56August 15, 2019Vendors Set up Shop 17 Miles from Trump Rally in New HampshireGOSSVILLE, New Hampshire -- President Donald Trump is due to address a rally in New Hampshire on Thursday evening -- and seventeen miles away from the arena, vendors are selling mercy to passersby.
< 2020 Election, Local, Politics, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, New Hampshire, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 04:03August 2, 2019Donald Trump: Joe Biden Has 'No Clue What the Hell He's Doing'"They would love to see a guy like Sleepy Joe Biden who has no clue what the hell he is doing," Trump said about China.
< Politics, China, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Ohio, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 05:37July 18, 2019Social Media Outrage Erupts as Trump Rally Chants 'Send Her Back' at Ilhan OmarSocial media erupted with criticism on Wednesday evening after the crowd at a campaign rally for Donald Trump in Greenville, North Carolina, chanted "Send her back!" after the president criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN).
< 2020 Election, Immigration, Politics, Ilhan Omar, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 01:55July 18, 2019Watch Live: Trump, Pence Hold Rally in Greenville, North CarolinaPresident Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence will hold a "Keep America Great" rally in Greenville, NC, at East Carolina University’s Williams Arena.
< Politics, Donald Trump, Greenville, Mike Pence, North Carolina, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 11:35June 19, 2019CNN's Bakari Sellers Warns Left: If Election Occurred Today, Trump Would be Elected 'Another 4 Years'Analyst Bakari Sellers appeared on CNN following President Trump's re-election rally in Orlando on Tuesday night and delivered a warning to the left. He said if the election occurred today, Trump would be elected "another four years."
< 2020 Election, Politics, Bakari Sellers, CNN, Donald Trump, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 04:04June 19, 2019CNN Cuts Away from Trump Rally After Crowd Breaks Out in 'CNN Sucks' ChantCNN cut away from President Trump's massive reelection rally in Orlando Tuesday evening after the crowd broke out in a "CNN Sucks!" chant.
< 2020 Election, Media, Politics, 2020 Presidential Race, Brian Stelter, CNN, Donald Trump, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 18:54June 18, 2019All-Day '45 Fest' Tailgate Party in Full Swing Ahead of Trump's Reelection RallyPresident Trump's tailgate party is in full swing outside of Orlando's Amway Center, with "thousands" of supporters listening to live music and stopping by food trucks as they await the president's arrival at what has been dubbed the "45 Fest."
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020, Amway Center, Florida, Orlando, Trump Rally >
- Breitbart News 03:34June 18, 2019Movement Re-Engages for Donald Trump Re-Election: Watch Parties Planned Nationwide for President's Campaign LaunchAmericans nationwide are preparing for President Donald Trump's re-election campaign official launch on Tuesday evening in Orlando, Florida, by planning watch parties--hundreds of them--from coast to coast for those who cannot trek down to the Sunshine State rally but want to watch as part of a community.
< 2020 Election, Politics, 2020 presidential campaign, Donald Trump, Donald Trump re-election campaign, Trump Rally, Watch Party >