- The Guardian(UK) 10:31August 22, 2019Cuadrilla halts fracking after biggest tremor yet at Lancashire site‘Microseismic event’ measuring 1.55ML on Richter scale stops Preston New Road operationsCuadrilla was forced to halt fracking at its shale gas site near Blackpool in Lancashire on Wednesday night after triggering the largest tremor recorded at the location.The tremor closed down operations at the Preston New Road site shortly after it was detected at 8.46pm. Continue reading...
< Fracking, Energy industry, Business, Energy, Environment, Fossil fuels, Gas, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:38August 22, 2019Pupils receive GCSE results as concerns raised over new formatLeading teaching unions say changes have left students stressed and demoralisedHundreds of thousands of young people are receiving their GCSE results after the biggest shake-up of the exams for a generation.GCSEs in England have been toughened up with less coursework and exams at the end of the two-year courses rather than throughout. Continue reading...
< GCSEs, Exams, Schools, Education policy, Education, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 09:32August 22, 2019Remember Summer? It's Coming Back This Weekend In Potentially Record-Breaking Style
< uk news, UK Weather, Met Office, Natural Phenomena, bank holiday, uk weather forecast, news, weather, met-office, natural-phenomena, bank-holiday, weather-forecast, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:19August 22, 2019Everyone's Cooing Over This New Zealand MP Who Brought His Baby Work
< uk news, uk parents, uk politics, Twitter, New Zealand, Tamati Coffey, Trevor Mallard, news, parents, politics, twitter, new-zealand, tamati-coffey, trevor-mallard, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:11August 22, 2019Today's Ryanair Pilot Strike Is Going Ahead – Here's What You Need To Know
< uk news, uk-travel, ryanair, Airlines, news, travel, airlines, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:00August 22, 2019UK should cut vehicle use to hit zero-carbon target, say MPsScathing report says Tory governments have held back progress on clean energy goalsThe government should discourage personal vehicle use and reward energy-efficient homebuilding to meet its legally binding target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, MPs have saidIn a scathing parliamentary report, the cross-party science and technology select committee said recent Conservative governments have promised more but done less on the climate crisis, which has left several gaping policy holes that need to be filled. Continue reading...
< Greenhouse gas emissions, Green politics, Fossil fuels, Conservatives, Green building, Climate change, Energy efficiency, Carbon capture and storage (CCS), Energy, Ethical and green living, Environment, Politics, UK news >
- The Guardian 07:00August 22, 2019Johnson and Macron to hold ‘frank’ Brexit talks in ParisFrench observers fear Britain’s PM is setting up France to take blame over no-deal departureEmmanuel Macron will hold a friendly but “frank” working lunch with Boris Johnson on Thursday after dismissing his request to renegotiate the Brexit withdrawal agreement and scrap the Irish backstop as “not an option”.The French president told reporters on Wednesday night that there was a “British democratic crisis” over Brexit and he was seeking “clarification” from Johnson on his proposals as the 31 October exit date approaches. Continue reading...
< Boris Johnson, Emmanuel Macron, Foreign policy, France, Brexit, Politics, UK news, Europe, World news >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:01August 22, 2019Xenophobic bullying souring lives of East European pupils in UKStudy finds children in England and Scotland experiencing rising racism and prejudice in public after Brexit voteEastern European pupils in schools in England and Scotland have experienced increased levels of racism and xenophobia since the Brexit vote, with some accusing their teachers of failing to protect them and even joining in, research claims.The study, led by the University of Strathclyde, found that 77% of pupils surveyed said they had suffered racism, xenophobia or bullying, though such approaches were often disguised as banter. Of the pupils, 49% said the attacks had become more frequent since the EU referendum in 2016. Continue reading...
< Bullying, Race, Brexit, Pupil behaviour, Secondary schools, Teaching, Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Europe, Schools, UK news, Society >
- Huffington Post UK 02:01August 22, 2019More Than 100,000 Families In England Live In One-Bedroom Flats, Report Says
< uk news, Homelessness, National Housing Federation, news, homelessness, national-housing-federation, NEWS >
- The Guardian 01:30August 22, 2019Older adults can boost longevity 'with just a little exercise'Norwegian review of 36,000 cases links more activity overall, light or intensive, with lower risk of death Even a small increase in light activity, such as washing dishes, a little gentle gardening, or shuffling around the house, might help stave off an early death among older adults, researchers say. Being sedentary, for instance, by sitting for long periods of time, has been linked to an increased risk of developing many conditions, including heart disease, as well as an early death. Continue reading...
< Life expectancy, Medical research, Heart disease, Fitness, Older people, Health policy, Health, UK news, Society, Science, Life and style >
- Huffington Post UK 00:29August 22, 2019Trafalgar Square Stabbing: Man Knifed At Tourist Hot Spot
< uk news, knife crime, Trafalgar Square, news, knife-crime, trafalgar-square, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 00:20August 22, 2019Corbyn arranges all-party 'tactics' meeting to fight no-deal BrexitLabour leader urges MPs to join him and work together to head off ‘constitutional storm’Jeremy Corbyn will gather opposition leaders and Tory rebels at a meeting in parliament next week to discuss the fight against a no-deal Brexit, amid continuing splits over tactics to prevent Boris Johnson leading a crash-out from the EU on 31 October.The Labour leader invited SNP, Liberal Democrat, Plaid Cymru, Conservative and independent MPs to visit his office on Tuesday, as he urged them to talk about “all tactics available to prevent no deal”. Continue reading...
< Jeremy Corbyn, Brexit, Labour, Liberal Democrats, Scottish National party (SNP), Plaid Cymru, Conservatives, Independent Group for Change, House of Commons, Article 50, European Union, Foreign policy, Politics, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 23:00August 21, 2019Exclusive: 97% Of Labour Activists Back 'Remain Alliance' Election Pact
< uk news, brexit, jeremy corbyn, labour party, news, jeremy-corbyn, labour-party, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:07August 21, 2019Man arrested over murder of Hull student Libby SquirePolice say 25-year-old held on suspicion of murdering student who disappeared in FebruaryA 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering the Hull University student Libby Squire, whose body was recovered from the Humber estuary nearly seven weeks after she disappeared in February.Humberside police said a man had been arrested on Wednesday over the 21-year-old’s death and was being questioned by detectives. Continue reading...
< UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 22:04August 21, 2019Libby Squire: Man, 25, Arrested Over Murder Of Hull University Student
< uk news, Humberside Police, Libby Squire, University of Hull, news, humberside-police, libby-squire, university-of-hull, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:00August 21, 2019Boris Johnson aping Vladimir Putin’s media strategy, says Channel 4 news chiefDorothy Byrne describes PM as a liar and says broadcasters must call out his falsehoodsBoris Johnson is a “known liar” who is copying Vladimir Putin’s approach to the media, according to Channel 4’s head of news and current affairs, who called on broadcasters to aggressively challenge the prime minister’s falsehoods.Dorothy Byrne said Johnson’s shift towards publishing his own videos on Facebook rather than giving sit-down interviews to journalists reminded her of the Russian president, “who also likes to talk directly to the nation”. Continue reading...
< Boris Johnson, Channel 4, Television industry, Conservatives, Dominic Cummings, Media, Politics, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 20:46August 21, 2019Angela Merkel Gives Boris Johnson 30 Days To Come Up With Alternative Plan To Avoid No-Deal Brexit
< uk news, brexit, boris johnson, angela merkel, news, boris-johnson, angela-merkel, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:44August 21, 2019Merkel gives Johnson 30 days to find solution to avoid no-deal BrexitGerman chancellor puts responsibility for crashing out of EU firmly at UK PM’s doorAngela Merkel has challenged Boris Johnson to come up with a solution to avert a no-deal Brexit “in the next 30 days”, putting responsibility for stopping the UK crashing out of the EU firmly at the British prime minister’s door.After weeks of diplomatic tension, the German chancellor used her first face-to-face meeting with her UK counterpart on Wednesday to signal cautious optimism that a deal could be struck, suggesting that the backstop was “a placeholder that will no longer be necessary” if a solution to the impasse over the Irish border can be found. Continue reading...
< Brexit, European Union, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Article 50, Europe, Foreign policy, Politics, UK news, World news >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:36August 21, 2019Stretched British army 'leaning on' under-18s to fill its ranksArmy turning to younger, poorer teenagers to fill riskiest roles, say critics of enlistment strategyBritain’s stretched army is increasingly relying on 16 and 17-year-olds to fill its ranks, with youngsters accounting for nearly 30% of those enlisted last year, the highest proportion since the start of the decade.Those recruited are also more likely to come from poorer backgrounds, such as on the edges of cities in the north of England, according to new data from Child Rights International Network (CRIN), which campaigns against recruiting under-18s. Continue reading...
< British army, Defence policy, Young people, Society, Politics, UK news, Military >
- Huffington Post UK 20:34August 21, 2019First Titanic Dive In More Than A Decade Reveals Stunning Pictures Of Crumbling Ship
< uk news, Atlantic Ocean, Titanic, news, atlantic-ocean, titanic, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 20:12August 21, 2019Wildfires: Why Are Fires Causing Devastation Across The World?
< uk news, Brazil, Wildfire, Explainer, greenland, Amazon Rainforest, Wildfires, canary islands, news, brazil, wildfire, explainer, amazon-rainforest, wildfires, canary-islands, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:51August 21, 2019Former Bury FC director chains herself to drainpipe to save clubThe club will be expelled from English Football League unless it provides evidence of solvency A former director of Bury FC has chained herself to a drainpipe at the club’s stadium in a bid to save the beleaguered team from impending extinction.The club, one of the oldest in the league, is due to be expelled from the English Football League (EFL) on Friday unless it can provide financial information showing it can pay its debts and adequately function. Continue reading...
< Football, Bury, Protest, Finances, Business, UK news, Sport >
- Huffington Post UK 19:32August 21, 2019Ryanair Strike: Airline Loses Court Bid To Stop UK Pilots Walking Out For 48 Hours
< uk news, ryanair, strike, news, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 18:43August 21, 2019Boris Johnson Is An 'Unelected PM' Who Is 'Gambling' With Irish Peace Process, EU Commissioner Claims
< brexit, Politics and Government, boris johnson, European Union, UK News UK, winston churchill, Northern Ireland peace process, Phil Hogan, Irish Independent, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, european-union, news-uk, winston-churchill, northern-ireland-peace-process, phil-hogan, irish-independent, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:59August 21, 2019Four teenagers deny homophobic attack on two women on busDefendants plead not guilty to harassing Melania Geymonat and Christine HanniganFour teenage boys have denied harassing two women in a homophobically aggravated attack after the women refused to perform a sex act on a bus.Two 17-year-olds, a 16-year-old and another boy, 15, appeared at Highbury Corner youth court in London, on Wednesday, to enter not guilty pleas to a charge of causing harassment by using threatening or abusive words or behaviour. Continue reading...
< UK news >
- Guardian 17:57August 21, 2019Edinburgh Comedy awards 2019: surrealists, standups and sausage act vie for prizeLondon Hughes and Jessica Fostekew are among the comics on the shortlist of nine nominees, while Catherine Cohen is up for best newcomer The shortlist for the biggest prize in live comedy, the Edinburgh Comedy award, has been announced – and it’s one of the most diverse in the history of what used to be the Perrier. Straight standup, autobiographical shows, experimentalism and prop comedy are all recognised, alongside two sketch shows – representing a mini-revival for the artform. A year after New Zealand’s Rose Matafeo became the first person of colour to win the main award as a solo performer, two strong black British comedians also feature.It’s a shortlist (or not-so-shortlist, given the record-equalling tally of comics involved) that features old hands and first-timers. The convention-bending Jordan Brookes makes a second appearance after 2017’s Body of Work, and his new, part-improvised offering I’ve Got Nothing will be among the favourites. Goofball Spencer Jones – whose sitcom The Mind of Herbert Clunkerdunk recently broadcast on BBC2 – was also nominated two summers ago. Birmingham standup Darren Harriott – a best newcomer nominee in the same year – graduates to the main list. Continue reading...
< Edinburgh festival 2019, Stage, Culture, Comedy, Comedy, UK news, Edinburgh festival, Festivals, Awards and prizes >
- Huffington Post UK 16:55August 21, 2019Teens Deny Homophobic Attack Against Women On Bus
< Society and Culture, UK News UK, hospital, Facial trauma, society-and-culture, news-uk, facial-trauma, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 16:44August 21, 2019Boris Johnson Is Meeting EU Leaders – What's His Game?
< brexit, United Kingdom, boris johnson, Northern Ireland, UK News UK, Brexit negotiations, Brexit withdrawal agreement, Trade agreement, Brexit and the Irish border, Irish backstop, united-kingdom, boris-johnson, northern-ireland, news-uk, brexit-negotiations, brexit-withdrawal-agreement, trade-agreement, brexit-and-the-irish-border, irish-backstop, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:33August 21, 2019Judge rejected asylum seeker who did not have gay ‘demeanour’Judge contrasted man’s appearance with another who ‘wore lipstick’ and had ‘effeminate manner’A UK immigration judge rejected the asylum claim of a man from a country where homosexuality is illegal in part because he did not have a gay “demeanour”, a lawyer has revealed.The judge in the first-tier immigration tribunal in London said he did not accept the man applying to stay in the UK was gay and contrasted his appearance with that of a witness who “wore lipstick” and had an “effeminate” manner – who the judge accepted was gay. Continue reading...
< Immigration and asylum, Law, LGBT rights, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 16:00August 21, 2019Could This Be The Reason Donald Trump Is Making A Big Fuss About Buying Greenland?
< Politics and Government, Donald Trump, UK News UK, Barack Obama, denmark, greenland, politics-and-government, donald-trump, news-uk, barack-obama, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:48August 21, 2019EU migration to UK underestimated by ONS, analysts sayOfficial migration data over last decade reclassified as ‘experimental’EU migration to the UK over the last decade has been underestimated, statisticians have admitted, as the reliability of official data on migration was formally downgraded.In a humiliating decision for the Office for National Statistics (ONS), its migration statistics quarterly report - which the UK government use to inform policy, including the net migration target recently scrapped by the prime minister, Boris Johnson – has been reclassified as “experimental”. Continue reading...
< Migration, World news, European Union, Europe, Politics, UK news, Government data >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:24August 21, 2019Government likely to exceed budget target by £8bn this yearExtra spending on NHS and no-deal Brexit preparations to blame for cut in surplus in JulyThe government is on course to overshoot its budget target by at least £8bn this year after extra spending on the NHS and preparations for a no-deal Brexit cut the surplus in July.The public finances were down by £2.2bn compared with July 2018 to leave a £1.3bn surplus last month. The decrease was almost entirely accounted for by rises in central government spending, much of it on staff salaries, as Whitehall departments stepped up hiring to cope with the impact of Brexit. Continue reading...
< Government borrowing, Business, Tax and spending, Politics, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 15:17August 21, 2019Brexit Will Be A Gift To Dissident Republicans In Northern Ireland
< brexit, Politics and Government, Northern Ireland, UK News UK, Opinion, Open border, Dissident republican, Current Swell, political violence, politics-and-government, northern-ireland, news-uk, opinion, open-border, dissident-republican, current-swell, political-violence, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 14:30August 21, 2019Police Officer Suffers 'Severe Facial Injuries' Whilst Making Arrest In Bristol
< uk news, Crime and Justice, Police officer, Bristol, Avon and Somerset Constabulary, Medical state, Facial trauma, news, crime-and-justice, police-officer, bristol, avon-and-somerset-constabulary, medical-state, facial-trauma, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:15August 21, 2019HS2 in doubt: review into whether rail project should proceedMajor critic of scheme is involved in report, which will be produced by the autumnThe future of the proposed High Speed 2 rail project has been thrown into further doubt after a major critic of the scheme was appointed deputy chair of a review launched by the government on Wednesday.The transport secretary, Grant Shapps, said the government needed “clear evidence” before deciding whether to go ahead. Continue reading...
< HS2, Rail industry, Transport, UK news, Rail transport, Business, Grant Shapps, Transport policy, Politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:13August 21, 2019Council ban on protests outside abortion clinic upheld by appeal courtAnti-abortion activists argued Ealing’s buffer zone for Marie Stopes clinic was unjustifiedAnti-abortion activists have lost a court of appeal challenge against a council’s decision to ban protesters from gathering outside a clinic in west London.Judges on Wednesday dismissed an appeal against an earlier ruling that the restrictions imposed by Ealing council outside a Marie Stopes clinic were justified. Continue reading...
< Court of appeal, Abortion, Women, Reproductive rights, Local government, Protest, UK news, London, Society, Law >
- Huffington Post UK 14:09August 21, 2019Man Accused Of Murdering PC Andrew Harper To Stand Trial In January
< uk news, UK Police, thames valley police, Andrew Harper, newlywed, Reading Crown Court, news, police, thames-valley-police, andrew-harper, reading-crown-court, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:08August 21, 2019Ryanair wins high court injunction to stop Irish pilot strikesAirline still waiting on outcome of attempt to block action by UK pilots before bank holidayRyanair has been granted an injunction to stop a 48-hour strike planned by its Irish-based pilots, as it awaits the outcome of a last-minute court action to prevent its UK-based pilots walking out ahead of the busy bank holiday weekend.The Irish high court granted the injunction, halting strike action planned by 180 Ryanair pilots who are members of the Irish Air Line Pilots’ Association. The court agreed with legal arguments made by Ryanair that the union had not allowed for a mediation process to be completed before announcing the strike. Continue reading...
< Ryanair, Airline industry, Industrial action, Air transport, Business, UK news, Ireland >
- The Guardian(UK) 14:04August 21, 2019Edinburgh fringe 'must do more' to tackle sexual harassmentCall comes as Equity union is inundated with complaints from acts appearing at festivalThe Edinburgh festival fringe has an “appalling” record of sexual harassment and assault, according to a leading union and a workers’ organisation, which say employers at the event do not take the issue seriously enough.Fair Fringe, a campaign for workers’ rights at the festival, said the event had a huge issue with harassment and encouraged employers to do more to address the issue. Continue reading...
< Edinburgh festival 2019, Stage, Culture, Sexual harassment, UK news, Scotland, Comedy >
- The Guardian 13:44August 21, 2019Brexit: Boris Johnson prepares to visit Berlin as minister struggles to defend his 'collaboration' jibe - live newsRolling coverage of the day’s political developments as they happen 11.44am BST Number 10 is knocking down the Sun story claiming Boris Johnson would like Ireland to temporarily derogate from the EU single market (see 10.17am), according to the Brexit specialist Mujtaba Rahman from the Eurasia consultancy.I hear No10 hosing down Sun story. Boris allies say he’s not considering any plan that requires Ireland to leave Single Market or pretends it can be in or out of it at same time. Minister quoted in story appears to have no idea of govt’s plans. Good 11.22am BST A former German ambassador to the UK, Thomas Matussek, told the Today programme this morning, that British ministers could be “in for a nasty surprise” if they think the EU will make Brexit concessions at the last minute.Asked about the possibility of the EU backing down, he said:Well I think this time it might be wrong [to assume the EU will shift at the last minute] because I think it’s important, if you try to put yourself into the shoes of your partner, and the clear assessment of the interests of both sides indicate that there are certain issues on which the EU cannot budge and these are the four freedoms. So I think they might be in for a nasty surprise.We cannot throw Ireland under the bus. What message would that send to other members of the EU family if we gave up that sort of loyalty and solidarity? Continue reading...
< Politics, UK news, Brexit, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Germany, European Union, Europe >
- Huffington Post UK 13:36August 21, 2019Ryanair Strike: Airline Granted Application To Stop Pilots' Industrial Action In Ireland
< UK News UK, ryanair, industrial action, news-uk, industrial-action, NEWS, news >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:26August 21, 2019Brexit no-deal funding 'too little, too late', says Portsmouth council leaderGerald Vernon-Jackson dismisses £9m pledge, saying his council alone has spent £4m preparing the portThe leader of Portsmouth council has called the government’s £9m no-deal funding pledge to councils “too little, too late” and said his own council alone had spent £4m preparing the port for potentially thousands more lorries attempting to exit.The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government announced overnight that it would allocate £9m to councils to help ensure they are staffed to deal with any issues at ports. Continue reading...
< Brexit, Local government, Portsmouth, Road transport, Politics, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 09:31August 21, 2019Sir David Attenborough Has Some Very Strong Opinions About Brexit
< uk news, brexit, uk politics, European Union, David Attenborough, Politics of the United Kingdom, news, politics, european-union, david-attenborough, politics-of-the-united-kingdom, NEWS, Politics >
- Guardian 08:00August 21, 2019'I'm all feathered out' – why mas is the heart of Notting Hill carnivalWith its dancers, devils and elaborate handmade costumes, mas – short for masquerade – is carnival’s oldest tradition. We meet the women keeping it aliveIn a workroom in the Yaa Centre in west London, surrounded by bolts of fabric and sewing machines, Allyson Williams is reminiscing about her first mas camp. For the uninitiated, mas camps are where carnival bands gather to make their costumes by hand. Now 72, the former midwife – she was awarded an MBE for her services in 2002 – smiles broadly at the memory. “It was wonderful. I thought, oh my God! This is like home.”For the Williamses, mas is a family business. It started with Allyson’s husband, Vernon, who came to London in 1956. As a Trinidadian, like Allyson, carnival was in his blood. After meeting his wife-to-be in 1975, Vernon wasted no time in introducing her to Notting Hill Carnival, which he had co-founded in 1966. Continue reading...
< Notting Hill carnival, Festivals, Culture, Music, Trinidad and Tobago, Fashion, Sewing, Craft, Life and style, Race, London, Art and design, UK news, Cities, Communities, Caribbean, Women >
- The Guardian(UK) 07:00August 21, 2019Boris Johnson visit will not change German stance, says Merkel allyBritish PM’s proposal to ditch backstop likely to be firmly rebuffed when he visits BerlinAngela Merkel is likely to give a friendly but firm rebuttal to Boris Johnson during his first overseas visit as prime minister on Wednesday, with politicians and officials in Berlin saying they do not consider that his letter to Donald Tusk asking the EU to drop the Irish backstop contains constructive proposals for further negotiations.“The letter to the president of the European council is not a serious offer, and Boris Johnson knows it,” said Norbert Röttgen, an ally of the chancellor who heads the German parliament’s foreign affairs committee. Continue reading...
< Brexit, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Germany, UK news, European Union, Foreign policy, Politics, Donald Tusk >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:01August 21, 2019Poorer pupils twice as likely to fail key GCSEsAnalysis shows reversal in attainment gap between poor pupils and wealthy classmates Disadvantaged pupils are almost twice as likely to fail GCSE maths as their wealthier classmates, according to research that lays bare the attainment gap between rich and poor.Published on the eve of GCSE results day, the analysis shows students from poorer backgrounds in England lagging far behind their wealthier peers in key subjects at GCSE, prompting calls for the government to put more investment into schools serving deprived communities. Continue reading...
< GCSEs, Exams, Schools, Mathematics, English and creative writing, Education, UK news, Poverty, Society >
- The Guardian(UK) 02:01August 21, 2019Homeless children put up in shipping containers, report saysChildren’s commissioner for England condemns ‘scandal’ of family homelessnessThousands of homeless children are growing up in cheaply converted shipping containers and cramped rooms in former office blocks, putting their health and wellbeing at serious risk, according to the children’s commissioner for England.Anne Longfield said it was scandal that at least 210,000 young people in homeless families in England were put up by councils in temporary housing and bed and breakfasts or forced to “sofa surf” with friends, often for long periods. Continue reading...
< Homelessness, Children, Housing, Poverty, Social exclusion, Local government, Society, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 02:01August 21, 2019Thousands Of Children Living In Shipping Containers, Office Blocks And B&Bs
< uk news, Homelessness, news, homelessness, POLITICS, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 02:01August 21, 2019Almost Half Of Working Women Struggle To Pay Unexpected £100 Bill, Says New Report
< uk news, boris johnson, jess phillips, news, boris-johnson, jess-phillips, POLITICS, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 23:29August 20, 2019Boris Johnson Accuses EU Of Being Too 'Negative' After Merkel And Tusk Trash His Brexit Offer
< uk news, brexit, boris johnson, Emmanuel Macron, angela merkel, news, boris-johnson, emmanuel-macron, angela-merkel, POLITICS, politics >