- The Guardian(UK) 22:46November 21, 2019Jeremy Corbyn urges public to vote for 'his manifesto of hope'‘Investment blitz’ promised as experts taken aback by scale of Labour’s tax and spend plansLatest election news – live updatesJeremy Corbyn has urged the public to vote for his “manifesto of hope” as he unveiled plans for the most dramatic increase in tax and spending in more than half a century if Labour wins power next month’s general election.In an upbeat launch event at Birmingham City University, the Labour leader said he welcomed the hostility of the billionaires, bad bosses and dodgy landlords who would lose out from his policies. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Labour, Tax and spending, Jeremy Corbyn, Climate change, Oil and gas companies, Energy industry, Politics, UK news, Business, Environment >
- Huffington Post UK 22:00November 21, 2019Three Orphaned Children Of Islamist Fighters In Syria To Return To UK, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab Confirms
< uk news, Syria, Dominic Raab, ISIS, global news, foreign office, news, syria, dominic-raab, isis, global-news, foreign-office, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:28November 21, 2019Farage under fire for conspiracy claims linked to antisemitismBrexit party leader tells evangelical Christian TV channel of threat from ‘globalists’ and mass migration Nigel Farage has faced renewed criticism for discussing tropes and conspiracy theories associated with the far right and antisemitism after it emerged he said migration would “imperil the future of our civilisation” and called Goldman Sachs “the enemy”.In an interview earlier this year with a tiny UK evangelical Christian TV channel, Revelation TV, the Brexit party leader alleged that banks and multinational corporations were trying to created a dictatorial world government. Continue reading...
< Nigel Farage, Politics, Brexit party, The far right, UK news, World news, Antisemitism >
- Huffington Post UK 20:40November 21, 2019What's In The Labour Manifesto And Is It Actually Possible?
< uk news, uk politics, jeremy corbyn, boris johnson, labour party, john mcdonnell, General election 2019, news, politics, jeremy-corbyn, boris-johnson, labour-party, john-mcdonnell, general-election-2019, POLITICS >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:26November 21, 2019Some British citizens in Syria to be repatriated within daysPlanned repatriation of some of those living in area once dominated by Isis ‘likely to be exceptional’The UK government is in the process of repatriating a number of British citizens from north-east Syria, with the individuals expected to return from an area once dominated by Isis within days.The Home Office has said it would always consider how to repatriate individuals on a “case by case” basis, although authorities have generally been reluctant to help Britons who lived under the so-called caliphate to return home. Continue reading...
< Islamic State, Syria, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 20:21November 21, 2019Blackburn Hit-And-Run: Murder Inquiry Launched As Woman Dies After Being Run Down
< uk news, Crime, Lancashire Constabulary, Blackburn, hit and run, news, crime, lancashire-constabulary, blackburn, hit-and-run, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 19:57November 21, 2019Five Questions You Might Still Have About Prince Andrew, Answered
< uk news, Jeffrey Epstein, Prince Andrew, news, jeffrey-epstein, prince-andrew, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:00November 21, 2019Johnson was briefed on declaring friendships before he met Jennifer ArcuriRevealed: PM pledged to ‘bear in mind the definition of close associate’ after affair with Helen MacintyreBoris Johnson and his staff were given compulsory training on the importance of acknowledging personal friendships months before he met the US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri, and just after he was rebuked for failing to declare an interest with another woman, the Guardian can reveal.City Hall’s standards committee recommended the governance training after a panel found that Johnson had failed to acknowledge a personal interest in Helen Macintyre. It later emerged that Macintrye, who held an unpaid advisory post, had an extramarital affair with Johnson and gave birth to his daughter in 2008. Continue reading...
< Boris Johnson, UK news, Politics >
- The Guardian 18:50November 21, 2019UK metal detectorists guilty of theft after concealing £3m hoardGeorge Powell and Layton Davies tried to sell treasure illegally, Worcester court hears Two metal detectorists who unearthed an astonishing hoard of gold jewellery, silver ingots and coins buried more than 1,000 years ago by a Viking warrior in Herefordshire have been found guilty of theft.George Powell and Layton Davies should legally have declared the find, estimated to be worth more than £3m, but instead they began to show it to dealers and tried to sell parts of it off. Continue reading...
< UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 16:47November 21, 2019Tory HQ Has Been Accused Of Misleading People On Twitter – Again
< uk news, uk politics, jeremy corbyn, labour party, Twitter, General election 2019, jess phillips, news, politics, jeremy-corbyn, labour-party, twitter, general-election-2019, jess-phillips, NEWS, Politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:02November 21, 2019Priti Patel says Tory government not to blame for poverty in UKHome secretary condemned as ‘out of touch’ after appearing to pass buck on to local authoritiesFollow the latest general election newsThe government is not responsible for poverty in the UK, the home secretary has said.Priti Patel attempted to absolve “people in Westminster” from blame over deprivation across the country and instead highlighted the role of local authorities and education services – which receive the bulk of their funding from central government. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Priti Patel, Poverty, Public sector cuts, Conservatives, Welfare, Benefits, Politics, UK news, Society, Social exclusion >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:02November 21, 2019Jeremy Corbyn launches most radical Labour manifesto in decades‘Investment blitz’ to be funded by wealthy and includes tax on energy firms to tackle climate crisisLatest election news - live updatesJeremy Corbyn has launched the most radical Labour manifesto in decades, promising an “investment blitz” that would leave no corner of the UK untouched and welcoming the hostility of billionaires, big business and dodgy landlords.Speaking at an upbeat event at Birmingham City University, where students and activists leaned over balconies adorned with banners setting out Labour’s policies, Corbyn urged the public to vote for “hope” at the general election in three weeks’ time. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Politics, Labour, UK news, Climate change, Oil and gas companies, Energy industry, Environment, Business, Jeremy Corbyn >
- Huffington Post UK 14:41November 21, 2019Norovirus Symptoms Hit 'Dozens' Of People After Lego Event
< uk news, Bristol, norovirus, Bristol City Council, news, bristol, norovirus, bristol-city-council, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 13:57November 21, 2019Sajid Javid Grilled Over Boris Johnson's Tax Cut 'Spin'
< uk news, uk politics, boris johnson, conservative party, sajid javid, tax, Institute for Fiscal Studies, news, politics, boris-johnson, conservative-party, sajid-javid, institute-for-fiscal-studies, POLITICS >
- Guardian 13:24November 21, 2019Coldplay pause touring until they can offer 'environmentally beneficial' concertsThe British group are delaying a tour to support new album Everyday Life as they work towards developing concerts that will be carbon neutralColdplay have pledged to make any tour in support of their new album “actively beneficial” to the environment.Frontman Chris Martin told BBC News that the British group was waiting to tour their new album, Everyday Life, so they can ensure such a tour is carbon neutral. “Our next tour will be the best possible version of a tour like that environmentally,” said Martin. “We would be disappointed if it’s not carbon neutral. We’ve done a lot of big tours at this point. How do we turn it around so it’s not so much taking as giving?” Continue reading...
< Coldplay, Music, Culture, Pop and rock, Environment, UK news, Music industry, Billie Eilish, The 1975, Climate change, Pollution >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:06November 21, 2019Alex Salmond appears in court on attempted rape chargeScotland’s former first minister faces 14 charges that also include indecent assault Alex Salmond, the former first minister of Scotland, has appeared in court accused of attempting to rape a woman at Bute House, the Georgian property in Edinburgh’s new town used as the official residence of Scotland’s first ministers, in June 2014.He appeared at the high court in Edinburgh on Thursday to face a total of 14 charges including one of attempted rape, 11 charges of sexual and indecent assault, some of which allegedly occurred numerous times, and two common law charges of indecent assault dating to 2008. Salmond has repeatedly denied the charges. Continue reading...
< UK news, Scotland >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:00November 21, 2019UK growth will dip to 1% even if no-deal Brexit avoided, warns OECDProspect of crashing out of EU leaves UK more exposed to global financial risks, thinktank saysThe UK’s GDP growth rate will slip to 1% next year even if a no-deal Brexit is avoided, according to the Organisation for Economic Development and Cooperation.The OECD said the economy would slow down from growth of 1.2% this year if parliament passes Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal before the 31 January deadline, before returning to 1.2% in 2021. Continue reading...
< OECD, Asia Pacific, Economics, Conservatives, Economic policy, Brexit, Business, European Union, Europe, Foreign policy, Politics, UK news, World news, General election 2019, US foreign policy, China, US news, Global economy >
- Huffington Post UK 11:50November 21, 2019Prince Andrew Urged To Cooperate By Jeffrey Epstein's Victims' Lawyer
< uk news, Royal Families, global news, Jeffrey Epstein, emily maitlis, Law Enforcement, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Duke of York, Lisa Bloom, news, royal-families, global-news, jeffrey-epstein, emily-maitlis, law-enforcement, prince-andrew-duke-of-york, duke-of-york, lisa-bloom, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:42November 21, 2019Prince Andrew: lawyers for Jeffrey Epstein's victims hint at subpoenaRoyal pressed to turn over all relevant documents about contacts with financierLawyers representing the victims of the convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein have signalled they are willing to serve a subpoena to Prince Andrew to ensure he cooperates with their investigations.In a statement on Wednesday announcing he was standing down from public duties, the Duke of York said he was willing to help “any appropriate law enforcement agency” with their investigations after what he accepted was his “ill-judged association” with Epstein. Continue reading...
< Prince Andrew, Jeffrey Epstein, UK news, US news, World news >
- Guardian 10:00November 21, 2019Home alarm systems: how can I improve my security?Peter has to move from his very secure high-rise flat and wants to avoid being burgledI currently live in a high-rise flat, which is very secure, with CCTV, fob-controlled access and so on. Unfortunately, due to Grenfell, our block is being emptied for refurbishment. I don’t know what type of property I will be offered, but I will have to provide my own home security system. Cost is not a major issue, because I will get a disturbance grant for the enforced move. But, as a pensioner, I wouldn’t like to be saddled with a high monthly premium for monitoring. Any suggestions would be very welcome. PeterTechnology companies are selling a lot of new gadgets to increase home security, including smart locks, motion detectors, window sensors and digital cameras. Many are part of the trend towards “smart homes” with internet-connected doorbells, lighting, voice assistants and so on. Most of this stuff comes under the general tech-industry label of the internet of things (IoT). Continue reading...
< Technology, Consumer affairs, Money, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:00November 21, 2019'Downward mobility' a reality for many British youngsters todaySocial policy experts call for educational, tax and pay reforms to beat economic slideDownward mobility – the phenomenon of children doing less well than their parents – will become a reality for young people today unless society makes dramatic changes, according to two of the UK’s leading experts on social policy.The UK is among the worst of the developed countries for social mobility. It appears increasingly unlikely that people will be able to escape economic disadvantages linked to their background. Continue reading...
< Social mobility, Income inequality, Tax and spending, Economic policy, Politics, Social trends, Poverty, Property, Society, Inequality, Social exclusion, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 02:34November 21, 2019Serial Rape Accused Joseph McCann 'Threatened To Slit Mother's Throat', Court Hears
< uk news, Crime, courts, joseph mccann, news, crime, joseph-mccann, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 01:31November 21, 2019Corbyn To Pledge Council House ‘Revolution’ As Centrepiece Of Labour Manifesto
< uk news, jeremy corbyn, General election 2019, housing, John Healey, news, jeremy-corbyn, general-election-2019, john-healey, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 01:30November 21, 2019Labour to unveil £75bn social housing plan to 'build for the many'Party to launch manifesto with vow to fund biggest increase in council home construction since second world warLabour will promise to tackle Britain’s housing crisis by “building for the many”, setting aside £75bn over five years to fund the most dramatic increase council home construction since the second world war.As he launches Labour’s manifesto, Jeremy Corbyn will pledge that by the end of its first term in office, a Labour government would build 100,000 council houses a year, and 50,000 social homes through housing associations – all of them to high environmental standards. Only 6,287 council homes were built in 2018-19. Continue reading...
< Labour, Jeremy Corbyn, General election 2019, UK news, Housing, Social housing, Local government, Construction industry, John Healey, Communities, Politics >
- Huffington Post UK 23:11November 20, 2019Lying Is Dominating This Election, But Simple Truths May Prove More Powerful
< uk news, jeremy corbyn, boris johnson, the waugh zone, tony blair, General election 2019, Jo Swinson, news, jeremy-corbyn, boris-johnson, the-waugh-zone, tony-blair, general-election-2019, jo-swinson, POLITICS, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 21:55November 20, 2019Ofcom Rejects Labour Complaint About Sky News 'Brexit Election' Branding
< uk news, jeremy corbyn, boris johnson, General election 2019, sky news, Ofcom, news, jeremy-corbyn, boris-johnson, general-election-2019, sky-news, ofcom, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian 21:01November 20, 2019Prince Andrew to step back from public duties 'for foreseeable future'Duke of York issues statement amid criticism over relationship with Jeffrey EpsteinThe Queen has given permission for Prince Andrew to “step back from public duties for the foreseeable future” amid criticism over his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein, the duke said in a statement.The Duke of York also said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required” over the Epstein probe. Continue reading...
< Prince Andrew, Jeffrey Epstein, UK news, US news >
- Huffington Post UK 20:57November 20, 2019Queen Gives Prince Andrew Permission To 'Step Back From Public Duties For Foreseeable Future'
< uk news, Jeffrey Epstein, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Public duties, news, jeffrey-epstein, prince-andrew-duke-of-york, public-duties, NEWS, Politics, politics >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:34November 20, 2019English nationalist MP candidate found guilty of harassing Anna SoubryAmy Dalla Mura banned from campaigning in Broxtowe after targeting Soubry over Brexit viewsA Brexit supporter who is standing against the remainer Anna Soubry in the general election has been found guilty of harassing her and banned from campaigning in her constituency.Amy Dalla Mura, 56, targeted Soubry between January and March this year, turning up at events and calling her a traitor on live television, Westminster magistrates court heard. Continue reading...
< UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 20:29November 20, 2019All The Organisations That Have Cut Links With Prince Andrew So Far – And Some That Haven't
< uk news, Royal Families, buckingham palace, Jeffrey Epstein, duke of edinburgh, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, barclays, news, royal-families, buckingham-palace, jeffrey-epstein, duke-of-edinburgh, prince-andrew-duke-of-york, prince-andrew, duke-of-york, NEWS, Politics, politics >
- The Guardian 18:42November 20, 2019Boris Johnson lets slip manifesto pledge to cut national insurancePM’s apparent blunder over £12,000 threshold could benefit him amid ‘factchecking’ row Latest election news - live updatesBoris Johnson has said he wants to raise the national insurance threshold to £12,000, letting slip a major Tory tax cut from the manifesto as he was speaking to workers in Teesside.The prime minister said he wanted to cut tax for working people as he was pressed by an employee at a fabrication yard about whether he would help “people like us”, not just the rich. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Boris Johnson, Politics, Tax and spending, UK news, Conservatives, National insurance, Money, Tax >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:08November 20, 2019No deal made with Labour on Scottish referendum, says Nicola SturgeonSNP leader dismisses suggestion made by Boris Johnson during ITV debateBoris Johnson was wrong to suggest that Labour and the SNP have done a deal on a second Scottish independence referendum, Nicola Sturgeon has said.“There is no deal with Jeremy Corbyn”, the SNP leader said at a campaign event in Dundee on Wednesday, after the Labour leader dismissed as “nonsense” Johnson’s accusation, made during Tuesday night’s television debate. Continue reading...
< Scottish National party (SNP), Nicola Sturgeon, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, Labour, Scottish independence, Scotland, Politics, UK news, General election 2019 >
- Huffington Post UK 17:57November 20, 2019Jeremy Corbyn Will Campaign For Brexit If His Deal Meets Labour's Six Tests, Says Candidate
< uk news, brexit, uk politics, jeremy corbyn, labour party, General election 2019, Lloyd Russell-Moyle, news, politics, jeremy-corbyn, labour-party, general-election-2019, lloyd-russell-moyle, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 17:08November 20, 2019Jo Swinson Predicts 'Significant' Lib Dem Gains As Party Launches Manifesto
< uk news, brexit, uk politics, liberal democrats, General election 2019, Jo Swinson, news, politics, liberal-democrats, general-election-2019, jo-swinson, POLITICS >
- Guardian 17:02November 20, 2019For people on low incomes, free internet access would be life-changing | Rachel ConnollyWhen you can’t afford broadband at home, everything – from school work to Ucas or benefit applications – is more difficultA lot of the discussion about Labour’s promise to provide free fibreoptic broadband for all has revolved around economics, speculative polling and even “communism”. But it has not addressed what life without easy internet access is actually like for people across the country.I’m 26 now, and we didn’t have the internet at home when I was a teenager. Internet access is generally bad in rural communities, but I lived in Belfast: it was just one utility bill too many. In fact, it’s still fairly common for people not to have it because of the cost – according to 2017 figures from Ofcom, only 47% of those on low incomes have broadband internet at home. So when I saw the policy announcement, my first thought was how much easier free internet would have made my school work and university applications. Continue reading...
< Broadband, Internet, Technology, Broadband, Money, Labour, Politics, UK news, Poverty, Social exclusion, Society, General election 2019 >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:06November 20, 2019Potentially deadly tick-borne parasite found in UKB venatorum, which causes flu and jaundice in humans, identified in sheep in north-east ScotlandConcerns have been raised after a potentially deadly tick-borne parasite was found in the UK for the first time.The organism – named B. venatorum – causes babesiosis, an animal disease recognised as an emerging infection in humans. Continue reading...
< Health, Scotland, UK news, Farming, Environment >
- Huffington Post UK 16:00November 20, 2019Government Branded ‘Sickening’ Over Safety Loophole That Exempted Bolton Fire Block
< uk news, grenfell tower fire, fire safety, cladding, Fire Brigades Union, Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, news, grenfell-tower-fire, fire-safety, fire-brigades-union, ministry-of-housing-communities-and-local-government, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 15:14November 20, 2019Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over Anti-Semitic 'Brainwashed Extremists' Comment
< uk news, uk politics, conservative party, Racism, anti-semitism, european parliament, Israel, UK Independence Party, Amjad Bashir, news, politics, conservative-party, racism, european-parliament, israel, independence-party, amjad-bashir, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 15:08November 20, 2019Oxford Union President Resigns After Blind Student 'Dragged' From Prestigious Debating Society
< uk news, Racism, Oxford Union, ableism, news, racism, oxford-union, NEWS >
- The Guardian 12:57November 20, 2019Former UK official in Hong Kong 'tortured in 15-day China ordeal'Simon Cheng, who worked at consulate, alleges repeated mental and physical abuseA former employee of the British consulate in Hong Kong has alleged he was tortured while being detained in China, during a 15-day ordeal in which he said he was branded “a British spy and secret agent” and held in solitary confinement.The UK foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, has summoned the Chinese ambassador to demand an explanation after Simon Cheng, a Hong Kong citizen who worked for the British government for two years, went public with his account of repeated physical and mental torture. Continue reading...
< Hong Kong, China, Protest, Human rights, Torture, UK news, Foreign policy, Dominic Raab >
- The Guardian 12:23November 20, 2019BT says it will not work with company linked to Prince AndrewPressure on royal grows as telecoms firm becomes latest to distance itself from princeBT has said it will not work with a company that counts Prince Andrew as patron, amid a growing exodus away from the royal.Andrew’s disastrous interview about his friendship with the convicted child sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and alleged sexual encounter with a teenager has already led a number of prominent businesses and organisations to sever ties with his entrepreneurial scheme, Pitch@Palace. Continue reading...
< BT, Business, Telecommunications industry, Prince Andrew, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 11:26November 20, 2019Twitter accuses Tories of misleading public in 'factcheck' rowConservatives under fire after rebranding account as factchecking service during leaders’ debateLatest election news - live updatesTwitter has accused the Conservatives of misleading the public after they rebranded one of their official party accounts to make it look like a factchecking service during the ITV leaders’ debate.The party was widely criticised on Tuesday night when it temporarily changed the name of its Conservative Campaign Headquarters press office Twitter account, which is followed by nearly 76,000 users, to factcheckUK from its usual CCHQPress. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Twitter, Blogging, Digital media, Internet, Media, Technology, Conservatives, Politics, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 10:27November 20, 2019Oxford Union president steps down in wake of blind student rowBrendan McGrath resigns from debating society after student forcibly removed from eventThe president of the Oxford Union has resigned his position after a blind student was forcibly removed from a debate event by a security guards.Ebenezer Azamati, a postgraduate student, was taken from the venue by a security guard when he tried to return to his seat before the debate last month. Continue reading...
< University of Oxford, Education, Higher education, Race, World news, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 10:12November 20, 2019'Pain' And 'Heartache' For The Brexit Party As Election Campaign Stutters On
< uk news, uk politics, Politics and Government, boris johnson, elections, nigel farage, Brexit Party, Peterborough, Claire Fox, news, politics, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, nigel-farage, brexit-party, peterborough, claire-fox, POLITICS >
- The Guardian 09:51November 20, 2019Tottenham Hotspur: José Mourinho named new manager of SpursMauricio Pochettino sacked by Levy on Tuesday nightMourinho: ‘The quality in the squad excites me’Tottenham Hotspur have announced the appointment of José Mourinho as head coach on a contract that will run until the end of the 2022-23 season.Mourinho has previously managed teams including FC Porto, Internazionale, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Manchester United. Continue reading...
< Tottenham Hotspur, José Mourinho, Football, Sport, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:00November 20, 2019General election: Poverty and crime pledges to the fore after TV debate – live newsLeaders will try to steer campaign back to their key messages amid wash-up from ITV leaders’ debateElection debate: Corbyn and Johnson clash over NHS and BrexitSign up to the morning briefing 6.00am GMT Good morning and welcome to today’s politics news. It is the day after the night before and if you missed the debate we have a lot of material to catch you up. Start here with our wrap of what happened.Rowena Mason offers her analysis including the leaders’ best lines, worst moments and overall pitch. Our panel has given its verdict on how Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn fared. We’ve fact-checked the leaders’ claims, and there is news about the Conservative press office changing its Twitter name to make it look like a fact-checking service for the duration of the debate. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Politics, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, Labour, Conservatives, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 08:01November 20, 2019Fossil fuel production on track for double the safe climate limit‘We’re in a deep hole over the climate crisis and we need to stop digging,’ warn expertsThe world’s nations are on track to produce more than twice as much coal, oil and gas as can be burned in 2030 while restricting rise in the global temperature to 1.5C, analysis shows.The report is the first to compare countries’ stated plans for fossil fuel extraction with the goals of the Paris climate agreement, which is to keep global heating well below 2C above pre-industrial levels, and to aim for 1.5C. It exposes a huge gap, with fossil fuel production in 2030 heading for 50% more than is consistent with 2C, and 120% more than that for 1.5C. Continue reading...
< Fossil fuels, Climate change, Coal, Oil, Gas, World news, UK news >
- The Guardian(UK) 07:49November 20, 2019'Hazardous duel': what the papers say about the election TV debatePolling suggests narrow win for Boris Johnson after ITV clash with Jeremy CorbynTop billing on most of the front pages today is given to the election leaders’ debate with some focusing on the snap YouGov poll that declared Boris Johnson had won the night 51-49 – with others highlighting the answers, or lack of answers, the leaders gave.Wednesday's @DailyMailUK #MailFrontPages pic.twitter.com/yNiidAMPJb Continue reading...
< General election 2019, Newspapers, Media, Newspapers & magazines, UK news, Politics >
- The Guardian 07:40November 20, 2019Two Australian universities sever ties with charity founded by Prince AndrewThe announcement by Bond University and RMIT follows the royal’s interview about his links to paedophile Jeffrey EpsteinTwo Australian universities have severed ties with a business mentoring charity founded by Prince Andrew after the royal’s train-wreck interview about his links to the paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.The Pitch@Palace program – founded by the prince in 2014 – supports entrepreneurs and start-up companies and gives them the opportunity to pitch their idea to business leaders at places including Buckingham Palace. Continue reading...
< Prince Andrew, Australia news, Australian universities, Australian education, UK news, Jeffrey Epstein >
- The Guardian(UK) 01:11November 20, 2019Election debate: Johnson and Corbyn clash over NHS futureLabour leader claims service will be sold by PM, who keeps repeating Brexit mantraFull coverage of the debateBoris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn have clashed over which of them is best placed to safeguard the NHS if they win the general election, with the Labour leader accusing the prime minister of being ready to sell it off to US corporations.In a testy live debate on ITV, during which the prime minister repeatedly returned to the claim that he would “get Brexit done”, both men lavished praise on the NHS, but Corbyn said Johnson would put it up for sale. Continue reading...
< General election 2019, NHS, Jeremy Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Brexit, Health, Politics, UK news, Society, Labour, Conservatives, Foreign policy >