- ABCNews 03:01May 26, 2019Fighter pilots saw small plane crash off Florida coastU.S. Coast Guard crews are searching for a small airplane that crashed hundreds of miles off the coast of Florida shortly after it was approached by U.S. military jets
< US >
- ABCNews 02:06May 26, 2019The Latest: World War II soldier buried in MontanaA World War II soldier from Montana who died on an island near the Philippines 75 years ago has been buried in his home state after his remains were identified last year
< US >
- ABCNews 02:01May 26, 2019Woman facing eviction gets help from Arnold SchwarzeneggerA 102-year-old woman facing eviction from her California home of nearly 30 years is getting help from Arnold Schwarzenegger
< US >
- Reurers-Business 01:30May 26, 2019Fiat Chrysler in tie-up talks with Renault: sourcesFiat Chrysler and Renault are in talks on a comprehensive global tie-up that could address some of the main weaknesses of both carmakers, two sources with knowledge of the discussions told Reuters on Saturday.
< businessNews >
- ABCNews 00:33May 26, 2019The Latest: Braggs, Oklahoma completely surrounded by waterOfficials say a small town in eastern Oklahoma is completely surrounded by water and is without power from major flooding on the Arkansas River
< US >
- ABCNews 00:17May 26, 2019Mississippi rep accused of punching wife issues statementA Mississippi lawmaker accused of recently punching his wife has issued a statement, saying the incident has been misrepresented, although he did not say how so
< US >
- ABCNews 00:10May 26, 2019Mourners gather for Chicago woman whose baby cut from wombHundreds of mourners, some carrying flowers and balloons, have gathered for the funeral of a Chicago woman who authorities say was strangled and her baby cut from her womb
< US >
- ABCNews 23:27May 25, 20199-year-old killed, 2nd child hurt in Texas drag racing crashDallas police say a 9-year-old girl was killed and another child was seriously injured after the car they were riding in was hit by a vehicle that had been drag racing.
< US >
- The Guardian 23:27May 25, 2019Moby apologises to Natalie Portman for being 'inconsiderate'Musician says recent criticism of him is ‘very valid’ after actor said he had been ‘creepy’ with her when she was youngMusician Moby has publicly apologised to Natalie Portman days after she claimed he had been “creepy” with her in her younger years.In his new memoir Then It Fell Apart, Moby, 53, had alleged that that he met Portman when she was 20 and that they dated briefly. Continue reading...
< Moby, Natalie Portman, Music, Culture, UK news >
- Modern Tokyo Times 23:26May 25, 2019President Trump to enjoy his state visit to Japan and meet the new EmperorPresident Trump to enjoy his state visit to Japan and meet the new Emperor Sawako Utsumi Modern Tokyo Times President Donald Trump of America will enjoy his state visit to Japan based on the friendliness of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. Equally important, and a great honor for Trump, the leader of America will be the […]
< America, Geopolitics, Japan, Japan Geopolitics, North America, Abe to meet Trump in Japan, Emperor to meet Trump, Geopolitics of Japan, Japan geopolitics, Japan news, Lee Jay Walker, Modern Tokyo News, Modern Tokyo Times, News on Japan, Sawako Utsumi, State visit of Trump in Japan, Tokyo news, Trump in Japan, Trump state visit to Japan, Trump to meet Abe in Japan, Trump to meet the Emperor, US and Japan relations >
- ABCNews 23:25May 25, 2019Police say body found on Long Island is MS-13 gang victimPolice on Long Island say they have recovered the body of a gang victim who was buried in a shallow grave more than two years ago
< US >
- Breitbart News 23:16May 25, 2019Fashion Notes: Melania Trump Jet-Sets to Japan in Calvin Klein Postcard CharmFirst Lady Melania Trump jet-setted out of Washington, D.C. for Memorial Day weekend to fly with her husband, President Trump, to Tokyo, Japan in a charming postcard dress.
< Entertainment, Politics, Calvin Klein, Donald Trump, Fashion, fashion notes, First Lady, First Lady Melania Trump, FLOTUS, Melania Trump, White House >
- Business Insider 23:00May 25, 2019We tried meal kits from both Blue Apron and Plated to see which one makes the best mealsInsider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Alyssa Powell/Business Insider If you want to give your Seamless account a break, there are a plethora of meal kit delivery services that can help.
But like takeout food, the problem with meal kits is that there are just too many options to choose between.
We put Blue Apron and Plated to the test to determine which meal kit wins out in a head to head battle.
Although we enjoyed the meals we made with both kits, we found that Plated offered the best variety of interesting ingredients and recipes. Why order in when you could cook instead? There may have been a time when the answer to that (non-rhetorical) question included a cornucopia of excuses — grocery shopping is hard, cooking is hard, thinking of recipes is hard. But luckily for you (and for me), many of those problems have now been solved with the emergence of the meal kit. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:How to use Amazon FreeTime Unlimited to access thousands of kids books, videos, and songsApple devices are on sale at Best Buy for Memorial Day — save up to $400 on MacBooks and $50 on the rarely discounted Apple Watch Series 4This $62 strapless bra is the only one I’ve worn that doesn’t fall down
< Blue Apron, Plated, meal kit delivery service, Food, Insider Picks 2019, IP Freelance, IP Graphics, IP Versus, >
- ABCNews 22:57May 25, 2019Ku Klux Klan rally in Ohio; no reported clashes, problemsA small group of Ku Klux Klan members penned in by fencing, surrounded by police and drowned out by protesters, held a rally in Ohio with no reported clashes or problems
< US >
- ABCNews 22:54May 25, 2019Hate crime charge dropped against agent shot by trooperA hate crime charge has been dropped against a federal agent shot last year after police say he pointed a laser-sighted gun in the direction of a uniformed Louisiana State Police trooper
< US >
- ABCNews 22:32May 25, 2019FAA investigating Chick-fil-A's exclusion at Texas airportThe Federal Aviation Administration says it's investigating a decision to exclude Chick-fil-A from an airport concession contract over opposition to the fast-food chain owners' record on LGBT issues
< US >
- Reurers-Business 22:15May 25, 2019Fiat Chrysler in talks over ties with Renault: sourceItalian carmaker Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is in talks to form ties with Renault SA, a person familiar with the matter said on Saturday.
< businessNews >
- Business Insider 22:02May 25, 201924 celebrities who have opened up about having abortionsEvan Agostini/Invision/AP, Charles Sykes/Invision/AP, and Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP Celebrities have discussed their abortions for years, but more stars have shared their stories following bills recently signed into law in Georgia and Alabama.
Jameela Jamil, Busy Philipps, and Amber Tamblyn are among the women who have recently talked about their experiences with abortion.
Visit INSIDER's homepage for more stories.
With abortion being a topic of debate, some stars have weighed in and shared their personal stories to shed light on the situation.
On May 7, Brian Kemp, Georgia's governor, signed a bill into law that bans abortion when a fetal heartbeat is detected at six weeks. The "heartbeat bill" calls for the imprisonment of certain women who have miscarriages, and considers miscarriage a form of second-degree murder in some cases.
Alabama legislators also recently passed a bill that would effectively ban abortions in the state and criminalize doctors who provide them.
While it's a hot topic now, celebrities have been outspoken about having abortions for years.
Here are 24 celebrities who have shared their own experiences with abortions. Busy Philipps had an abortion when she was 15 years old. Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images
The actress spoke about her experience on her E! talk show, "Busy Tonight," after Kemp, signed the bill into law.
"I'm telling you this because I'm genuinely really scared for women and girls all over this country," Philipps said. "And I think that we all need to be talking more and sharing our stories more."
She continued: "No bill that criminalizes abortion will stop anyone from making this incredibly personal choice, but these laws will put more women at risk. Every woman deserves compassion and care, not judgment and interference when it comes to their own bodies."
Since then, Philipps has called for women to share their abortion stories with the hashtag #YouKnowMe, and thousands have answered the call.
"The Good Place" star Jameela Jamil said that getting an abortion was the "best decision" she ever made.
Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP Images
In May 2019, Jamil shared an article from Slate on Twitter regarding Georgia's law and called it "upsetting, inhumane, and blatantly demonstrative of a hatred of women, a disregard for our rights, bodies, mental health, and essentially a punishment for rape victims, forcing to carry the baby of their rapist."
The actress said that having an abortion when she was "young" was for the better "both for me, and for the baby I didn't want, and wasn't ready for, emotionally, psychologically and financially."
Jamil added that with the new law, she thinks that "many children will end up in foster homes" and the influx will make it "hard to find great fostering for them all."
She also said that the anti-abortion law "is also especially targeted at those without the means/ability to move state. Women who are marginalized, poor or disabled will, as ever, be the ones to suffer the most. The wealthy will have so much more freedom."
"Resident Evil" star Milla Jovovich opened up about having an "emergency abortion."
"Abortion is hard enough for women on an emotional level without having to go through it in potentially unsafe and unsanitary conditions," she said in a lengthy Instagram post in May 2019. "I myself went through an emergency abortion two years ago. I was four and a half months pregnant and shooting on location in Eastern Europe. I went into preterm labor and told that I had to be awake for the whole procedure."
Jovovich went on to say that it was "one of the most horrific experiences" she's gone through and her "stomach turns" at the thought of women who may face unsafe conditions in order to get an abortion under new laws.
"The memory of what I went through and what I lost will be with me till the day I die," she said. "Abortion is a nightmare at its best. No woman wants to go through that. But we have to fight to make sure our rights are preserved to obtain a safe one if we need to. I never wanted to speak about this experience. But I cannot remain silent when so much is at stake. #prochoice#prochoicegeneration."
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:11 movie stars you can watch on Netflix shows right nowHere's what the cast of 'Rocketman' looks like in real life28 celebrities who have opened up about their struggles with mental illness
< Features, Celebrities, Abortion, Jameela Jamil, Whoopi Goldberg, Busy Philipps, Nicki Minaj, Chelsea Handler, >
- Business Insider 21:55May 25, 2019The 20 best smartphones in the worldAntonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider What's the best smartphone? This list focuses primarily on high-end flagship devices, but the best flagship smartphones don't have to be the most expensive.
Value plays a huge role in this list, and there's a couple mid-range device here that are well worth considering for more budget-minded buyers — one of them is ranked at No. 2!
In fact, the top three phones in this list aren't the top flagship models everyone expects from Apple or Samsung.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. It would be easiest to rank smartphones based purely on specs and the number of features each offers, but that would mean the most expensive smartphones would always rank in the top three — and they're not the first phones I'd usually recommend.
One of the biggest factors for me when ranking and recommending a phone is its value in relation to its specs and features. That typically leads me to recommend phones that may have fewer features or a less sleek design than the ultra-premium models that command four-figure price tags.
Indeed, just because a phone has everything and the kitchen sink doesn't mean you have to buy it — it's just an option for those who might have a larger budget. The same logic applies to pretty much anything you can buy: Do you pick the most expensive model of everything you buy? If you don't, the top three will suit you well. If you always go with the top-of-the-line, then you probably already know the phone you want.
But if you haven't made up your mind, check out our list of the top 20 smartphones you can buy:20. LG G8
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
Unfortunately for LG, the new LG G8 at its $820 price places it pretty low on this list. It's comparable to the $750 Galaxy S10e, but without the sleek design and with little to show for the extra $70 you'd spend.
Still, it's a solid device that checks all the right boxes, but doesn't excel in any particular thing.
You can find the LG G8 for $700 at Best Buy and B&H Photo, which is what the LG G8 should have been priced at to begin with. I wouldn't recommend buying it for its full price tag from carriers, however.
Read the LG G8 review »
Price: Above $800 from most carriers.
19. Moto G7
Motorola's Moto G series of smartphones has been our favorite mid-range option ever since they were first released back in 2013, and they've only been getting better every generation. Last year's Moto G6 was a fantastic device that made me forget I was using a $250 phone, and not one that cost more $800.
The new $300 Moto G7 comes with updated specs, design, and even a few rare, out-of-style features that many smartphone users still value.
Price: Currently $30 off for $270
18. Apple iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are now more than 2 years old, but for $450 and $570, respectively, they're still worthy of your attention.
Apple phones generally offer better apps and a better user experience than their Android counterparts, and the iPhone 7 is no different. The support you get from Apple if something goes wrong is superior to what you get from Android device makers. And unlike on most Android phones, with iPhones you can always get the latest software updates straight from Apple as soon as it releases them.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus offer some compelling features, including water-resistance, great cameras that perform well in low light, and powerful processors. The phones also work well with other Apple products, including the company's wireless headphones, AirPods.
The iPhone 7 Plus' dual-lens camera system takes pictures with a professional-looking "bokeh" effect, which blurs the background behind your subject. Additionally, the system allows you to zoom in on your subjects; its second camera offers a 2x optical zoom.
Unlike the digital zoom feature found in other cameras, an optical zoom allows you to enlarge an image of your subject without sacrificing picture quality.
iPhone 7 price: $450
iPhone 7 Plus price: $570
Check out the iPhone 7 review »
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:These 5 Android phones made our list of the best smartphones in the world — and they all still have a headphone jackThe top smartphones from Apple and Samsung have gotten way too expensive, but I'm OK with it for one key reasonSamsung could emerge as the big winner from Huawei's miserable weekSEE ALSO: Samsung's Galaxy Fold is an ambitious but flawed first attempt at what could be the future of smartphones
< Features, Smartphones, Rankings, Apple, iPhone, Android, Google, BI Photo, Hollis Johnson, OnePlus, OnePlus 7 Pro, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3a XL, >
- Reurers-Business 21:20May 25, 2019Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal and wife stopped from leaving India - airport officialIndian carrier Jet Airways (India) Ltd founder Naresh Goyal and his wife Anita Goyal were stopped from leaving India on Saturday at Mumbai airport, according to an airport official who asked not to be named.
< businessNews >
- Reurers-Business 21:18May 25, 2019Fiat Chrysler in talks to forge extensive ties with Renault: Financial TimesFiat Chrysler is in advanced discussions to forge extensive ties with Frances's Renault, the Financial Times reported on Saturday, citing multiple people informed on the talks.
< businessNews >
- ABCNews 21:17May 25, 2019San Francisco police chief sorry for raid on journalistSan Francisco's police chief is apologizing for raiding a freelance journalist's home and office to find out who leaked a police report into the unexpected death of the city's former public defender
< US >
- ABCNews 21:04May 25, 20192 killed in crash of single-engine plane in southern UtahAuthorities say two people aboard a small plane were killed when it crashed in southern Utah
< US >
- ABCNews 20:35May 25, 2019Deputy fatally shoots reportedly suicidal man after chaseOfficials continue to investigate the shooting of a south Mississippi man shot to death while fleeing from a sheriff's deputy
< US >
- ABCNews 20:33May 25, 2019Grizzly bears push into lowland areas as legal fight dragsGrizzly bears are spreading into new areas of the U.S. Northern Rockies, expanding from remote wildernesses to low-level farmland amid a legal fight over hunting
< US >
- Flashbak 20:11May 25, 2019Wonderful Photos of Postwar New York City in 1946“Life goes on about me, and I am a living breathing part of it. I feel things, the people, the buildings, the streets, and I have something to say about them and my medium is photography.” – Todd Webb, August 5 1946 Todd Webb (1905-200) was discharged from the US Navy in 1945. Before … Continue reading "Wonderful Photos of Postwar New York City in 1946"
The post Wonderful Photos of Postwar New York City in 1946 appeared first on Flashbak.
< 1940s, 1950s, photographs, Travel And Places, cities, Harlem, Manhattan, New York, The Bowery, Todd Webb, USA >
- ABCNews 20:10May 25, 2019Some in Tulsa urged to leave home because of flooding risksOklahoma officials are urging residents to prepare to evacuate some Tulsa neighborhoods that are near stressed, old levees along the Arkansas River
< US >
- ABCNews 20:03May 25, 2019Memorial service, burial in Bozeman for World War II soldierThe remains of a World War II soldier from Montana are returning to Bozeman to be buried with full military honors
< US >
- Reurers-Business 19:33May 25, 2019China says U.S. demand on its state-owned enterprises is 'invasion' on economic sovereigntyThe United States has called on China to curb the development of its state-owned enterprises (SOEs), a demand that China sees as an "invasion" on its economic sovereignty, Chinese state news agency Xinhua said on Saturday.
< businessNews >
- Newsru.com 18:47May 25, 2019Уральские журналисты, писавшие о протестах в Екатеринбурге, рассказали о попытках взломать их Telegram-каналыПопытки несанкционированного входа предпринимались вечером 24 мая и в ночь на 25-е с испанских IP-адресов, а также из Петербурга и США. В большинстве случаев злоумышленники споткнулись о двухфакторную авторизацию.
< russia >
- ABCNews 18:07May 25, 2019Fishermen face another quota cut, could hit lobster pricesFishermen already dealing with a dramatic reduction in the amount of a key bait fish they are allowed to harvest will likely face an additional cut next year
< US >
- The Guardian 18:04May 25, 2019Trump arrives in Tokyo and digs Japan for 'substantial edge' on tradePresident says negotiators trying to even out trade imbalanceCNN says staffers dread long trips with Trump on Air Force OneDonald Trump kicked off his state visit to Japan on Saturday by urging Japanese business leaders to increase investment in the US – but he also complained about his own central bank and knocked his hosts for having a “substantial edge” on trade, which he said negotiators were trying to even out. Related: 'Queen of shade': five times Nancy Pelosi got the better of Trump Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, Japan, Asia Pacific, World news, Shinzō Abe, International trade, Economics, Business, Global economy, US news, US foreign policy, US national security, Trump administration >
- ABCNews 17:49May 25, 2019Sheriff overseeing troubled Ohio county jail to resignA sheriff who oversees a troubled county jail in Cleveland says he plans to resign this summer for personal reasons
< US >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:44May 25, 2019'Jim gets it': Acosta says in new book Trump war on press started as an actCNN reporter credits Bannon for ‘enemy of the people’ lineUse of unnamed sources may reignite battle with presidentDonald Trump’s war with the US press began as an act in the absence of effective Democratic opposition then spiraled out of control, according to an eagerly awaited new book by one of the chief targets of the president’s fury. Related: 'Queen of shade': five times Nancy Pelosi got the better of Trump Continue reading...
< Donald Trump, Trump administration, CNN, US press and publishing, Media, US television industry, US politics, Steve Bannon, US news, World news, US constitution and civil liberties, Law (US), Books, Politics books, Republicans >
- Newsru.com 17:41May 25, 2019Вместо водки: ядерный центр в Сарове закупает иконы со стразами на 2,3 млн рублей в подарок "важным гостям" (ФОТО)Входящее в "Роатом" предприятие закупает десятки икон с изображением Серафима Саровского, а также триптихи и панно с Саровской пустынью. В ядерном центре сообщили, что это сувениры, но не уточнили, кому они предназначены. В "Росатоме" закупку таких подарков назвали логичной с учетом близости Серафимо-Дивеевского монастыря.
< russia >
- ABCNews 17:18May 25, 2019Mike Pence to address diverse graduating West Point cadetsVice President Mike Pence is set to address what's being billed as the most diverse graduating class of cadets ever at the U.S. Military Academy
< US >
- Observer 17:00May 25, 2019The Best Hamptons Shops Opening This SummerFrom Goop and Poupette to Reformation and Frances Valentine, here are all the Hamptons shops you need to know about this summer.
< Ala von Auersperg, Bridgehampton, Credo Beauty, Fashion, Frances Valentine, Goop, Hamptons, Matriark, Montauk Beach House, Ochie Swim, Pop-Up Shops, Poupette St. Barth, Reformation, Sabah, Sag Harbor, Sagtown Coffee, Serena + Lily, Shops, Stores, summer, Tarin Thomas, The White Company >
- ABCNews 16:35May 25, 2019At the spelling bee, the most common sound is the toughestAn unremarkable sound known as the schwa can be the toughest thing for spellers to master at the Scripps National Spelling Bee
< US >
- ABCNews 16:35May 25, 2019Family of woman mauled by lion pushes for new regulationsFollowing a lion attack that resulted in the death of an intern at a conservation center in North Carolina, the intern's family is raising questions about the safety and oversight of such facilities.
< US >
- ABCNews 16:31May 25, 2019Border Patrol seizes aircraft loaded with meth, fentanyl after it flies into USThe pilot of the single-person aircraft managed to get away.
< US >
- ABCNews 16:24May 25, 2019Arkansas newspaper gambles on free iPads as the futureThe publisher of the largest newspaper in Arkansas has said by the end of the year, the publication will no longer print daily editions and will instead distribute iPads for subscribers to access a daily digital replica
< US >
- Reurers-Business 15:41May 25, 2019Brazil's Caixa picks Morgan Stanley as co-advisor on insurance deals: sourceBrazilian state lender Caixa Economica Federal has picked investment bank Morgan Stanley as co-advisor to help it find insurance partners, a source with knowledge of the matter said.
< businessNews >
- Huffington Post UK 15:17May 25, 2019Jayme Closs: US Man Jailed For Life For Kidnapping Girl After Murdering Her Parents
< Society and Culture, Crime and Justice, Kidnapping of Jayme Closs, society-and-culture, crime-and-justice, kidnapping-of-jayme-closs, NEWS, news >
- Newsru.com 13:54May 25, 2019Вечеринка школьников из Владивостока в костюмах зайцев из Playboy привела к штрафам и отставке директора (ВИДЕО)На видео, которые разошлись по интернету 24 мая, школьники в разнообразных костюмах танцуют в облаках цветного дыма сначала на крыльце школы, а затем в актовом зале. Один из молодых людей распылил в помещении огнетушитель под одобрительные возгласы сверстников.
< russia >
- Reurers-Business 13:43May 25, 2019Nike to waive performance targets for pregnant athletes: reportSportswear giant Nike will waive performance-based targets for 12 months for any of their pregnant athletes after several runners revealed they had their payments frozen, according to a New York Times report on Friday.
< businessNews >
- Reurers-Business 12:37May 25, 2019VW to intensify talks with Northvolt on battery project: Boersen-ZeitungVolkswagen is intensifying talks with Swedish startup Northvolt on plans to jointly build up battery cell production in Salzgitter, near its headquarters in Lower Saxony, one of its board members told a German newspaper.
< businessNews >
- Defence Blog 12:30May 25, 2019The last F-35C Lightning II belonging to “Grim Reapers” squadron left its home baseThe U.S. Navy’s Commander Joint Strike Fighter Wing has announced that the last F-35C Lightning II fighter jet belonging to Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 101 “Grim Reapers” left its home base at Eglin, AFB in Fla. for Naval Air Station Lemoore (NASL) as the squadron deactivated after more than seven years of training F-35C pilots and […]
< Aviation, Maritime Security, News, USA >
- Huffington Post UK 12:24May 25, 2019Spice Girls Hope Sound ‘Will Be Much Better’ After Disappointed Fans Walk Out Of Debut Stadium Show
< ukmusic, Spice Girls, Mel B, geri halliwell, emma bunton, mel c, spice-girls, mel-b, geri-halliwell, emma-bunton, mel-c, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Defence Blog 12:18May 25, 2019VIDEO: Maiden sortie for ‘Russian-style’ F-16C fighter jetNellis Air Force Base has released video showing the first flight of the F-16C fighter jet painted in a unique digital pixelated camouflage paint scheme that mimics Russia’s next-generation Su-57 jets. The fighter jet, called the Ghost and assigned to the U.S. Air Force’s 64th Aggressor Squadron, is specifically painted to “realistically simulate” air combat […]
< Aviation, News, Video, USA >
- Breitbart News 12:06May 25, 2019AFP: Does Assange Indictment Set Dangerous Precedent for Journalists?(AFP) -- Does the indictment of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange under the U.S. Espionage Act for publishing classified military and diplomatic documents threaten the constitutional right to freedom of the press?
< London / Europe, Media, Politics, Australia, Britain, Espionage Act, Julian Assange, United Kingdom, WikiLeaks >