- Business Insider 20:57April 10, 2021Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp says that voters waiting in long lines can order from Uber EatsKemp said that Democratic-led jurisdictions in the state "need to do a better job of running their elections and moving people through the lines."
< Politics, News, brian kemp, Georgia voting laws, Uber Eats, GrubHub, Food delivery apps, Voting, Elections >
- Business Insider 15:50April 10, 2021Corporate America wants to avoid higher taxes and social issues. That's not likely to happen.On a range of political issues, businesses have felt compelled to speak out. But many are silent when it comes to tax hikes, if not hostile.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, analysis, Delta, Coca-Cola, Georgia, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Democrats, Republicans, Mitch McConnell, infrastructure plan, Stimulus, Voting Rights, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 21:26April 9, 2021Sidney Powell quotes Buzz Lightyear in response to sanctions request for her election conspiracy theory lawsuitThe lawyer advanced a false conspiracy theory saying Venezuela was involved in manipulating election results against Donald Trump.
< News, Politics, Entertainment, Sidney Powell, 2020 election, Donald Trump, Wisconsin, Tony Evers, Toy Story, Pixar, Dominion, Smartmatic, Dominion Voting Systems, smartmatic voting systems >
- New York Magazine 17:00April 9, 2021What Is the Republican Party’s Position on Voting Rights?The implicit GOP position is to defer to states and localities — so far as their decisions help Republicans.
< politics, voting rights, republicans, democrats, for the people act, john lewis voting rights act, shelby county v. holder, donald trump, voter fraud, heritage foundation, election coup, capitol riot, electoral vote count >
- New York Magazine 23:53April 8, 2021Manchin Closes Door on Gutting the Filibuster, But It Gets WorseDemocrats have a West Virginia shaped thorn in their sides.
< politics, joe manchin, filibuster, budget reconciliation, chuck schumer, bipartisanship, kyrsten sinema, for the people act, voting rights, capitol riot, donald trump >
- Business Insider 21:03April 8, 2021Facebook was running ads with voter fraud conspiracies as recently as this weekA Facebook ad featuring voter fraud conspiracies from the conservative super PAC Restoration Action was running until Insider contacted Facebook.
< Tech Insider, Politics, Advertising, Elections, Facebook, Advertising, Ads, Voting, President Trump, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberg, Politics, political advertising, Political ads >
- Breitbart News 19:51April 8, 2021Hillary Clinton Issues Ultimatum: Preserve the Filibuster or Minority Voting Rights: 'We Can't Do Both'Twice failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton issued an ultimatum on Thursday, contending Congress must choose between preserving the filibuster or protecting voting rights for minorities. But doing both, she suggested, is an impossibility.
< Politics, election integrity, Filibuster, Georgia, Hillary Clinton, voting rights >
- Business Insider 19:50April 8, 2021Sydney Powell's defense in the $1.3 billion Dominion lawsuit may be used against her in Michigan sanctions effortMichigan is seeking sanctions against Powell after she claimed "no reasonable person" would have taken her election fraud claims as fact.
< Politics, News, Sidney Powell, Dominion, Smartmatic, Donald Trump, 2020 election, election fraud disinformation, Defamation, Defamation case, Michigan, voting machines, Mike Lindell, Rudy Giuliani >
- Business Insider 18:22April 8, 2021Kentucky expands voting access, cementing status as beacon of bipartisan cooperation on election reformGov. Andy Beshear signed a bipartisan bill on Wednesday making early voting and pandemic-era reforms to modernize absentee voting permanent.
< Politics, Kentucky, Andy Beshear, Voting, Elections >
- Business Insider 14:35April 8, 2021An ex-Fox News host walked out a BBC interview after clashing with a Black activist over Georgia's restrictive voting lawsCommentator Aisha Mills claimed Eric Bolling was faking his concern for Black businesses, and he was not pleased.
< Politics, Eric Bolling, Fox news, Aisha Mills, Georgia voting laws >
- Business Insider 01:19April 8, 2021Ohio Secretary of State blasts Tim Cook as 'elite' and says the Apple CEO's idea of voting on iPhones is 'preposterous'After Apple CEO Tim Cook suggested the possibility of voting via iPhone, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose called the idea "preposterous."
< Politics, Tech Insider, Elections, Apple, Ohio, Voting, iPhone, Tim Cook, Frank LaRose >
- New York Magazine 22:00April 7, 2021Voting Restrictions Aren’t the Primary Threat to U.S. DemocracyThe GOP is better at denying Democratic voters equal representation than it is at denying them access to the ballot.
< georgia, voting rights, for the people act, democracy reforms, politics, progressives >
- New York Magazine 16:00April 7, 2021Six Bad Ideas About Voting That Republicans Need to AbandonThe GOP insists its efforts in Georgia and beyond aren’t about voter suppression, but its faulty assumptions are preventing real election reform.
< politics, voting rights, donald trump, georgia election law, brian kemp, brad raffensperger, corporate boycotts, stacey abrams, voting rights act of 1965, shelby county v. holder, capitol riot, election coup >
- Business Insider 14:13April 7, 2021Dick Parsons, one of America's first Black CEOs, says Georgia's 'bone-headed' new voting law is a 'bald-faced' attempt to suppress Black votersDick Parsons, former CEO of Time Warner and CBS, is one of 72 Black corporate leaders calling on US firms to publicly oppose the Georgia voting bill.
< Politics, Dick Parsons, Georgia voting bill, Georgia, Black voters, Donald Trump >
- Business Insider 00:48April 7, 2021McConnell says the quiet part out loud, tells corporate America to 'stay out of politics,' but clarifies he's 'not talking about political contributions'Republicans have slammed the onslaught of corporate responses to Georgia's restrictive new voting law, calling for boycotts and threatening tax hikes.
< Politics, Mitch McConell, Georgia, PACs, Voting, Corporate America, analysis >
- Business Insider 00:43April 7, 2021The 'laughable' comparison between Colorado and Georgia voting requirements"Colorado is such an easy place to vote," Paul Teske, dean of Public Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver, told Insider.
< Politics, Georgia, Colorado, Elections, mail-in ballots, Voting >
- Business Insider 21:25April 6, 2021The GOP's flailing response to the Georgia voting law backlash shows how lost the party isIn a strange twist of events, the typically pro-corporate, hyper-patriotic GOP is now calling for boycotts of Coke, and America's favorite pastime.
< Politics, News, Georgia, Elections, Voting, Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump, analysis >
- Business Insider 16:37April 6, 2021Mitch McConnell told CEOs to 'stay out of politics' over the Georgia voting law, despite being one of the biggest recipients of corporate cash in CongressMcConnell lashed out at companies behaving like a "woke parallel government" by decrying Georgia's voting laws - but is a top recipient of CEOs' cash.
< Politics, News UK, Mitch McConnell, Political Donations, Georgia, Georgia voting bill >
- Business Insider 23:34April 5, 2021Tim Cook wants Americans to be able to vote on their iPhones"We do our banking on phones. We have our health data on phones," Tim Cook said before asking "why not" expand voting tech to smartphones.
< Tech Insider, Apple, Tim Cook, Voting, Elections, iPhone, Interview, united states >
- Business Insider 21:46April 5, 2021Coca-Cola, Delta, United, and 7 other companies blast Georgia's new voting law in a wave of corporate backlashApple CEO Tim Cook and JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon have also condemned the law.
< Politics, News, Transportation, Tech Insider, Coca-Cola, United, Delta, Georgia, Voting, 2020 election >
- Business Insider 19:35April 5, 2021Mitch McConnell says big companies like MLB 'must stop taking cues from the Outrage-Industrial Complex' when it comes to voting laws"Businesses must not use economic blackmail to spread disinformation and push bad ideas that citizens reject at the ballot box," McConnell said.
< Politics, Mitch McConnell, Voting, Elections, Georgia >
- New York Magazine 17:57April 5, 2021Major League Baseball Has Not Gone WokeThe league’s decision to move its All-Star Game out of Georgia was a cold business calculation, not a statement of principle.
< games, mlb, all-star game, georgia voting law >
- Business Insider 17:13April 4, 2021New Jersey tried luring Netflix, Disney, and other Hollywood studios after Georgia passed its controversial voting lawNew Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy sent a letter to Netflix, Disney, and more studios to make the case for the state as a production hub.
< Media, Entertainment, Politics, Georgia voting bill, New Jersey, Phil Murphy, Hollywood >
- Breitbart News 16:31April 4, 2021Blackwell: Corporate Wokesters Betray Shareholders’ Trust by Bashing ElectionCorporate titans tripping over themselves to be “woke” by condemning election integrity laws like Georgia’s SB 202 are failing in their duty to focus on running their companies profitably, ironically instead pushing an agenda that other nations show destroys private business under one-party socialist rule.
< Politics, Corrupt Politicians Act, Elections, Joe Biden, On the Hill, SB 202, Voter ID Laws, voting >
- Business Insider 12:41April 4, 2021Donald Trump has expanded his list of 'woke' companies to boycott, due to their opposition of Georgia's voting lawAs Trump doubled down on his boycott calls, Barack Obama on Saturday issued a statement supporting the MLB's decision to relocate its All-Star game.
< News, Politics, Weekend BI UK, Trump, Georgia, Voting, Boycott, Republicans, "60 Days In" >
- Business Insider 06:47April 4, 2021Mike Huckabee says he's going to identify as 'Chinese' in a tweet as anti-Asian hate crimes rise"I've decided to "identify" as Chinese. Coke will like me, Delta will agree with my "values" and I'll probably get shoes from Nike ..." Huckabee said.
< News, Mike Huckabee, Georgia, Georgia voting bill >
- Business Insider 21:29April 3, 2021Rep. Jim Clyburn called Joe Manchin's push for bipartisanship over passage of voting rights legislation 'insulting'Manchin is the only Democratic senator who has not signed on as a cosponsor to S. 1 and opposes changing filibuster rules to aid the bill's passage.
< Politics, Jim Clyburn, Joe Manchin, Voting Rights, Senate Democrats, For the People Act >
- Business Insider 20:11April 3, 2021Amazon says it supports expanding voting rights but it gave $500,000 to lawmakers who oppose those effortsAmazon blasted states' voter suppression efforts after years of supporting GOP lawmakers who have made it harder for Americans to vote.
< Politics, Tech Insider, Amazon, Jeff Bezos, Voting Rights, Corporate PAC Spending 2021, PR, Money in politics, Georgia voting bill, hq2 >
- New York Magazine 19:00April 3, 2021The States Following Georgia’s Lead on Voter SuppressionSimilar voting restrictions could soon be enacted in key Republican-controlled states like Arizona, Florida, New Hampshire, and Texas.
< voting rights, voter suppression, georgia election law, florida, arizona, texas, new hampshire, virginia, dan patrick, voting by mail, drop boxes, voter id, voter registration >
- Business Insider 17:09April 3, 2021Atlanta Mayor says the MLB moving All-Star Game from Georgia 'is likely the first of many dominoes to fall' in pushback against new voting lawMLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said that the decision to move the All-Star Game and MLB Draft was "the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport."
< Politics, Sports, News, keisha lance bottoms, MLB, All-Star Game, Atlanta, Georgia, Georgia voting bill, brian kemp, Baseball, Voting Rights >
- Business Insider 14:38April 3, 2021Delta spent the pandemic earning goodwill from passengers and workers. It might be about to vanish.Delta's response to Georgia's controversial voter rights legislation is damaging the sterling reputation that it has spent years building.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, CT Visual Features, Delta Air lines, Flying, Aviation, Airlines, Black Lives Matter, Crisis Communication, Crisis Management, air travel, Georgia, brian kemp, sb202, Voting Rights, analysis >
- New York Magazine 23:32April 2, 2021MLB Pulls All-Star Game Out of Georgia Over Voting LawMLB commissioner Robert Manfred said the league “opposes restrictions to the ballot box” and will relocate the 2021 All-Star Game and the draft.
< major league baseball, mlb, georgia, voting laws, voter rights, politics >
- Breitbart News 20:09April 2, 2021Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins Corporate Chorus Attacking Georgia Voting LawApple CEO Tim Cook recently discussed the American voting system in a statement provided to Axios, saying that voting should be "easier than ever," in the modern age. Cook has joined the chorus of corporate leaders attacking Georgia's election law.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Apple, Elections, Georgia, Masters of the Universe, Tim Cook, voting, Woke Capitalism >
- New York Magazine 00:37April 2, 2021Georgia Republicans Working Hard to Sabotage a 2022 ComebackGeorgia’s GOP could be upbeat heading towards the midterms. But the voting law debacle and a Trump purge could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
< politics, georgia voting law, georgia republicans, donald trump, geoff duncan, brian kemp, brad raffensperger, burt jones, georgia senate runoffs, raphael warnock, stacey abrams, voting rights, 2022 midterms, redistricting, election coup, vision 2020, joe biden >
- Breitbart News 20:27April 1, 2021Georgia House Passes Bill Removing Delta Tax Break After CEO CriticismGeorgia Republicans voted to strip Delta Air Lines of a multi-million dollar jet fuel tax break Wednesday.
< Economy, Politics, Pre-Viral, Brian Kemp, Delta Air Lines, Georgia, voting rights >
- Business Insider 19:52April 1, 2021Florida, Michigan, and Texas are the next frontiers in the nationwide battle over voting accessRepublican lawmakers in the three 2020 battlegrounds are advancing legislation to restrict voting by mail before 2022.
< Politics, Voting Rights, Elections, Florida, Texas, Michigan >
- Business Insider 14:57April 1, 2021More than 70 top Black business leaders are reportedly urging US companies to fight against Republican voting lawsBlack business executives across America claim the new voting bill that was passed in Georgia could restrict the rights of Black voters.
< Retail, Business Leaders, Black CEOs, Politics, Voting, Republican, Joe Biden, CEOs, Business, Companies, Law >
- Breitbart News 23:18March 31, 2021Hillary Clinton Supports Repealing the Filibuster: 'Should Be Lifted for Constitutional Matters'Former Secretary of State and twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton has joined the chorus of Democrats supporting the elimination of the Senate filibuster, arguing it should be done away with for "constitutional matters."
< Politics, Brian Kemp, Election Reform, Filibuster, Georgia, Hillary Clinton, voting rights >
- New York Magazine 21:58March 31, 2021Corporate America Is Suddenly Concerned About Georgia’s Voter-Suppression LawVoting-rights activists are making it clear companies can’t sit on the fence without repercussions.
< politics, voting rights, georgia election law, delta airlines, coca-cola, boycott, atlanta >
- Business Insider 23:39March 30, 2021JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon defends voting rights following Georgia's new restrictive voting lawJP Morgan Chase's CEO is one of the first prominent CEOs to condemn Georgia's new voting law.
< Politics, Speed, Georgia election, Voting Rights, JP Morgan, Jamie Dimon >
- New York Magazine 23:03March 30, 2021Georgia Trooper Claims Legislator’s Knock Raised Fears of January 6 RepeatWas Governor Brian Kemp really endangered by Park Cannon tapping on his door in hopes of watching him sign a controversial election bill?
< politics, voting rights, georgia election law, park cannon, brian kemp, stacey abrams, georgia state patrol, voter suppression, 2022 midterms, donald trump, capitol riot >
- New York Magazine 20:47March 30, 2021Why Are Republicans Promoting Gratuitously Cruel Election Restrictions?Cracking down on food and water for voters standing in long lines is intended to be a cruel but effective way to reduce voting by Democrats.
< politics, voting rights, voter suppression, food and water, georgia voting law, florida, brad raffensperger, donald trump >
- Business Insider 20:26March 30, 2021Activists pressure Atlanta-based companies like Coca-Cola and Delta to take action against Georgia voting lawCoca-Cola, Delta, and Home Depot all gave statements in support of voting rights, but critics say they didn't do enough to address the specific bill.
< Retail, News, Politics, Retail, Coca-Cola, Delta, delta airlines, Home Depot, Georgia, Politics, News, Boycott, Voting Rights >
- Business Insider 17:53March 30, 2021The ACLU, NAACP, and the Southern Poverty Law Center are suing Georgia over its new voting lawThe new law brings changes to several aspects of the election process, and civil rights groups have said it suppresses voters.
< News, Politics, Georgia voting bill, Georgia, Elections, Voting, Speed, Politics >
- Business Insider 12:36March 30, 2021After suing Fox News for $1.6 billion, Dominion has its eye on other media outlets as well as Donald Trump, a lawyer for the voting-machine company saidDominion Voting Systems could sue other media outlets beyond Fox News, as well as individual Fox personalities, attorney Tom Clare told Axios.
< Politics, Media, Dominion, Dominion Voting Systems, Mike Lindell, MyPillow, Fox news, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Media, Fox Networks Group, Voter Fraud, Election Fraud, election fraud conspiracy theory >
- New York Magazine 01:35March 30, 2021Raffensperger’s Support for Georgia’s Voter Suppression Law Won’t Save HimGeorgia’s secretary of state blasphemed against Trump, and that’s all that matters to his fellow Republicans.
< politics, vision 2020, election coup, donald trump, brad raffensperger, brian kemp, jody hice, david bell isle, doug collins, david perdue, vernon jones, voter suppression, voting by mail, voting rights, 2022 midterms >
- Business Insider 00:21March 30, 2021What Georgia's controversial new election law means for voters, election officials, and outside groupsThe sweeping 100-page legislation includes big changes to nearly every aspect of the election process in Georgia.
< Politics, Georgia, Voting, Elections >
- Business Insider 00:24March 29, 2021Sen. Raphael Warnock says that voting rights must pass 'no matter what'During a CNN interview, Warnock said that while passing an infrastructure bill is vital, protecting voting rights has to be a legislative priority.
< Politics, Raphael Warnock, Georgia, Voting Rights, Senate, Filibuster >
- Business Insider 12:17March 28, 2021President Joe Biden said the Justice Department is looking into a new law in Georgia restricting access to voting, which he called an 'atrocity'The sweeping new law in Georgia has been compared by Biden and others to the laws that enforced racial segregation in the South until the 1960s.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Voting Rights, Georgia voting bill, Jim Crow, News UK, UK Weekend >
- Business Insider 11:03March 28, 2021From Rudy Giuliani to Fox News, here's everyone Dominion and Smartmatic are suing over election conspiracy theories so farDominion and Smartmatic are filing defamation lawsuits against people who spread baseless claims that their voting machines "stole" votes for Biden.
< Politics, Business Decoded, Features, Rudy Giuliani, Mike Lindell, Fox news, Sidney Powell, Dominion, Dominion Voting Systems, Smartmatic, smartmatic voting systems, Elections, Weekend BI UK >