- Huffington Post UK 20:12November 30, 2020Nicola Sturgeon Admits To 'Dark Days And Sleepless Nights' During Pandemic
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Mental Health, COVID-19, scotland, Nicola Sturgeon, Michelle Obama, Scottish Government, First Minister of Scotland, news, politics, mental-health, covid-19, nicola-sturgeon, michelle-obama, scottish-government, first-minister-of-scotland, POLITICS, News >
- Huffington Post UK 19:34November 30, 2020Rishi Sunak Blindsided By Offer Of Extra Cash For Pubs Amid Tory Rebellion
< uk news, coronavirus, boris johnson, COVID-19, Lockdown, Rishi Sunak, treasury, hospitality, news, boris-johnson, covid-19, lockdown, rishi-sunak, POLITICS, politics >
- Business Insider 19:31November 30, 2020Novavax climbs 11% after announcing data from UK vaccine trial are expected in early 2021The biotech firm initially fell in premarket trading as investors focused on a second delay to its US and Mexico vaccine trial.
< Markets, Markets, coronavirus vaccine, Vaccine trials, Drug Trial, Novavax, Novavax Inc, Novavax stock, novavax stock price, NVAX, NVAX stock, NVAX stock price, biotech stocks, Biotech stock, coronavirus recovery, coronavirus drug >
- Observer 19:15November 30, 2020Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine’s Biggest Breakthrough Is How It Works for the Elderly"Give it to the elderly...people with diabetes, overweight, heart disease. A 25-year-old healthy man? Give him another vaccine," says Moderna CEO.
< CDC, Coronavirus, Covid-19, FDA, Moderna, Pfizer, Vaccine >
- AdWeek 18:50November 30, 2020Mark Zuckerberg, Anthony Fauci to Talk Covid-19, Vaccines on Facebook LiveFacebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Anthony Fauci will renew acquaintances on Facebook Live Monday (Nov. 30) at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT. The livestream will be presented on Zuckerberg's Facebook page and cross-posted to the social network's Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information Center. Questions can be submitted as comments...
< Coronavirus, Social Pro Daily >
- Business Insider 18:39November 30, 2020Bitcoin hits new all-time high after trading above $19,700 for the first time since 2017"The Bitcoin correction didn't last long, with the cryptocurrency having sights set on new highs once again," a senior market analyst at OANDA said.
< Markets, Bitcoin, crypto, Crypto assets, Crypto Investments, cryptocurrency, all-time high, bitcoin price, 2017, Markets, coronavirus, COVID-19 >
- Forbes 18:21November 30, 2020Indian Manufacturer Rejects Claim AstraZeneca-Oxford Covid-19 Vaccine Causes Severe Neurological Issues, Threatens Legal ActionThe manufacturer says the trial participant’s illness has nothing to do with the vaccine.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Manufacturing, /manufacturing, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus >
- Huffington Post UK 18:16November 30, 2020Keir Starmer Facing Labour Rebellion Over Covid Tiers Vote
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, boris johnson, Health News, labour party, Lockdown, keir starmer, tier 3, north of england, Emma Lewell-Buck, news, politics, boris-johnson, health-news, labour-party, lockdown, keir-starmer, tier-3, north-of-england, emma-lewell-buck, POLITICS >
- New York Magazine 17:56November 30, 2020Moderna Says First COVID Vaccine Shots Could Be Ready by December 21The company is seeking emergency authorization for doses it says provide overwhelming protection from the virus.
< covid-19, coronavirus, covid vaccines, moderna >
- Huffington Post UK 17:54November 30, 2020Cardi B Apologises For Hosting Thanksgiving Meal For 37 People Amid Pandemic
< uk celebrity, coronavirus, ukmusic, Cardi B, Thanksgiving, celebrity, cardi-b, thanksgiving, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 17:51November 30, 2020Revealed: Tier 3 Did Bring Down Number Of Covid Patients, But Tier 1 Did Nothing
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, Lockdown, liverpool, tier 3, news, politics, health-news, lockdown, tier-3, NEWS >
- Breitbart News 17:47November 30, 2020Moderna CEO: Coronavirus Vaccine Could Be Distributed in 24 Hours After ApprovalMonday on Fox Business Network's "Mornings with Maria," Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel gave an update on the coronavirus vaccine after requesting an emergency authorization of the product.
< Clips, Health, coronavirus, Fox Business Network, Maria Bartiromo, Moderna, Mornings with Maria, Stephane Bancel, Vaccine >
- Huffington Post UK 17:39November 30, 2020Rita Ora Apologises For Attending 30th Birthday Gathering Despite Covid Rules
< uk celebrity, coronavirus, Lockdown, lifestyle, entertainment, Rita Ora, celebrity, lockdown, rita-ora, ENTERTAINMENT >
- Business Insider 17:12November 30, 2020How AstraZeneca and Oxford blew their vaccine momentThese are Business Insider's biggest healthcare stories for November 30.
< Healthcare, Buoy Health, Pitch Deck, coronavirus, Immunity, Healthcare, Dispensed, AstraZeneca, Transmission >
- Breitbart News 17:04November 30, 2020Minister ‘Can’t Rule Out’ THIRD Lockdown, Says No Normality Until SummerA senior government minister would not rule out a third lockdown, following government scientists saying that a January 2021 shutdown may be enforced on the nation as payment for having a few days of freedom over Christmas.
< Health, London / Europe, Politics, Boris Johnson, Conservative Party, coronavirus, England, lockdown, shutdown, social distancing, United Kingdom >
- Huffington Post UK 16:23November 30, 2020Rita Ora And Laurence Fox Told To Follow Covid Rules Or Face Police Action
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, boris johnson, COVID-19, Lockdown, Rita Ora, Laurence Fox, news, politics, boris-johnson, covid-19, lockdown, rita-ora, laurence-fox, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 16:00November 30, 2020Moderna Seeks Emergency Authorisation For Covid Vaccine In US And Europe
< uk news, Health, coronavirus, COVID-19 vaccine, Vaccine, Pharmaceuticals and Drug Trials, European Medicines Agency, Moderna, news, health, covid-19-vaccine, vaccine, pharmaceuticals-and-drug-trials, european-medicines-agency, moderna, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 15:40November 30, 2020Santa Does Not Need A Face Mask When Meeting Children At Grottos, No.10 Says
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, COVID-19, face masks, Christmas News, news, politics, covid-19, face-masks, christmas-news, POLITICS >
- Huffington Post UK 15:30November 30, 2020Welsh Pubs Must Shut At 6pm And Can't Sell Alcohol
< uk news, uk politics, coronavirus, Health News, Politics, Lockdown, pubs, Mark Drakeford, uk, news, politics, health-news, lockdown, mark-drakeford, POLITICS >
- Business Insider 15:22November 30, 2020Moderna jumps 11% after filing for FDA approval as final results show its COVID-19 vaccine candidate is 94% effectiveStudies conducted on 196 people show the vaccine shot is more than 94% effective at protecting people from becoming ill with the virus.
< Markets, Moderna, Vaccine, Moderna stock, coronavirus, COVID-19, covid vaccine, Markets, Stocks, stocks and covid >
- Huffington Post UK 15:17November 30, 2020Here's What Happens To The Tier System Over Christmas
< coronavirus, Christmas, COVID-19, tier systems, christmas bubble, christmas, covid-19, tier-systems, christmas-bubble, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 15:04November 30, 2020Piers Morgan Condemns 'Reckless' Laurence Fox For Holding Large Gathering
< coronavirus, piers morgan, good morning britain, Laurence Fox, entertainment, uktv, Twitter, lifestyle, piers-morgan, good-morning-britain, laurence-fox, twitter, ENTERTAINMENT >
- The Guardian(UK) 15:00November 30, 2020Moderna Covid vaccine has 94% efficacy, final results confirmUS company submits data kickstarting approval process with regulators around the worldFinal results from the trials of Moderna’s vaccine against Covid-19 confirm it has 94% efficacy and nobody who was vaccinated with it developed severe disease, says the company, kickstarting the approval process with regulators around the world.The US company is submitting the data to the regulators in the US, Europe and the UK for an emergency licence. It expects the Food and Drug Administration in the US to consider it at its meeting on 17 December, Moderna said. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Infectious diseases, Medical research, Microbiology, World news, Science, Biology, US news >
- Forbes 15:00November 30, 2020Moderna Submits Covid-19 Vaccine For Emergency Approval, Says It Is 100% Effective At Preventing Severe Forms Of DiseaseIf approved, this would mark the first time Moderna has successfully brought a vaccine to market.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Science, /science, Editors' Pick, editors-pick, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus >
- Business Insider 15:00November 30, 2020Moderna is set to ask the FDA to authorize its coronavirus vaccine, a key step before it can be given to more peopleIf the FDA authorizes Moderna's vaccine, people could start getting shots in December.
< Healthcare, News, Science, Moderna, Vaccine, coronavirus vaccine, Public Health, COVID-19, coronavirus, Dispensed, Healthcare >
- Huffington Post UK 14:41November 30, 2020This Brilliant 'Quarantine Quilt' Is Uniting Crafters Around The World
< coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic, Charity, a minute of kindness, Quarantine, Patchwork quilt, quilt, covid-19, charity, a-minute-of-kindness, quarantine, patchwork-quilt, NEWS, news, A Minute of Kindness (Video), a-minute-of-kindness-video >
- Business Insider 14:21November 30, 2020Everyone who met family over Thanksgiving should assume they have COVID-19, get tested, and wear a mask at home, White House advisor Dr. Deborah Birx saidDr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the US coronavirus task force, said anyone who gathered for Thanksgiving should get a test in the coming week.
< Healthcare, Deborah Birx, COVID-19, coronavirus, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving 2020, White House coronavirus task force, US coronavirus, US coronavirus cases >
- The New Yorker 14:00November 30, 2020The Race to Make Vials for Coronavirus VaccinesA Corning factory in upstate New York is running around the clock to help meet the urgent demand.
< Magazine / Portfolio, News / Coronavirus >
- The New Yorker 14:00November 30, 2020COVID Goes to CollegeAn economics professor, comparing lives saved with the cost of the shutdown, asked students, How much is a life worth? One answered twenty-four thousand dollars.
< Magazine / Dept. of Values, News / Coronavirus >
- The Guardian(UK) 13:54November 30, 2020UK coronavirus live: Tory lockdown rebels welcome reports extra cash planned for pubs and restaurantsLatest updates: Government may have to rely on Labour votes to get England’s new tiers system approved by Commons, with up to 100 Tory MPs reportedly ‘concerned’Covid tiers revolt may leave ministers reliant on Labour in key voteAlmost 700,000 driven into poverty by Covid crisis in UK, study findsCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverage 10.54am GMT 10.52am GMT Up to 10 extra police cars will be on patrol in the far south west of England to respond to Covid-related issues as Cornwall gears up to re-open.There are concerns that visitors may this week head to Cornwall, one of only three areas in England that have been placed in tier 1, for a taste of freedom.As part of the Covid surge funding that the force has received from the government, Devon and Cornwall police have made up to 10 additional dedicated double-crewed units to be available to patrol at various locations across the force area.Their sole purpose will be to respond to Covid-related matters and these vehicles are additional to current response levels. Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, Politics, UK news, Boris Johnson, Conservatives, Health, House of Commons >
- New York Times 13:11November 30, 2020‘Because She’s a Girl’: Lockdown Exposes Gender Gap in U.K. SportsInequalities are especially pronounced in English youth soccer, where only a handful of clubs have kept training open for future female professionals, while boys at the same level play on.
< England, Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Women and Girls, Exercise, Soccer, Quarantines, Health Clubs, Men and Boys, English Football Assn, Everton (Soccer Team) >
- Huffington Post UK 13:10November 30, 20205 Things An Actual Scientist Wants Anti-Vaxxers To Know About Vaccines
< uk news, coronavirus, Health News, conspiracy theory, COVID-19 vaccine, Jim Corr, Jennifer Rohn, Messenger RNA, news, health-news, conspiracy-theory, covid-19-vaccine, jim-corr, jennifer-rohn, messenger-rna, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 13:05November 30, 2020Scotch Egg 'Probably' Counts As Substantial Meal, Says George Eustice
< uk news, coronavirus, George Eustice, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, tiers, Scotch egg, news, george-eustice, secretary-of-state-for-environment-food-and-rural-affairs, scotch-egg, POLITICS, politics >
- The Guardian 11:27November 30, 2020Coronavirus live news: Fauci warns of 'surge upon surge' in US cases after ThanksgivingTurkey suffers seventh straight day of record deaths; Lebanon to slowly relax restrictions; New York begins reopening schools. Fauci warns of ‘surge upon surge’ in US cases after ThanksgivingLife after Covid: will our world ever be the same?A year after Wuhan alarm, China seeks to change Covid origin storySee all our coronavirus coverage 8.27am GMT Russia reported 26,338 new coronavirus cases today, including 6,511 in Moscow and 3,691 in St Petersburg, taking the national total to 2,295,654 cases since the pandemic began.Authorities also reported 368 deaths in the last 24 hours, pushing the official death toll to 39,895. 7.45am GMT In England, the environment secretary, George Eustice, said up to 100 MPs have “got concerns” about the new Covid restrictions, which will be subject to a Commons vote tomorrow. The government has a majority of 80 seats. He told Sky News: The chief whip, obviously, will be talking to those MPs who have got concerns. I’ve seen suggestions that there could be up to 100 or so people that have got concerns …I think there is great frustration with the emergency measures that we have had to take to deal with this pandemic.'But will you have to rely on Labour to get the #COVID19 tier restrictions through parliament?' - #KayBurley Environment Secretary George Eustice replies "I don't know", but there could be "up to 100" Tory MPs who have concerns over the tier system.https://t.co/llMe59UCFC pic.twitter.com/FwYzAUoPEYEnvironmental Secretary George Eustice says the way to avoid a third national lockdown is by "observing the tiered approach" but adds "you can't rule anything out".#KayBurleyGet the latest on #COVID19: https://t.co/X1qu2Npc3r pic.twitter.com/RTiqNyURaZ Continue reading...
< Coronavirus, World news, Infectious diseases, Science, US news, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, UK news, Asia Pacific, Microbiology, Medical research >
- Huffington Post UK 11:22November 30, 2020George Eustice Refuses To Rule Out Third National Lockdown In January
< uk news, coronavirus, Lockdown, George Eustice, Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, news, lockdown, george-eustice, secretary-of-state-for-environment-food-and-rural-affairs, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 10:48November 30, 2020Almost 700,000 driven into poverty by Covid crisis in UK, study findsTotal includes 120,000 children, according to thinktank that is calling for anti-poverty strategyCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageAlmost 700,000 people in the UK, including 120,000 children, have been plunged into poverty as a result of the Covid economic crisis, according to a thinktank analysis.The Legatum Institute also said an additional 700,000 people had been prevented from falling below the breadline by the chancellor’s temporary £20-a-week boost to universal credit, introduced in April to help claimants cope with the extra costs of the pandemic. Continue reading...
< Poverty, Coronavirus, Inequality, Social exclusion, Children, Universal credit, Economic policy, Politics, UK news, Society >
- Huffington Post UK 10:33November 30, 2020Second Coronavirus Lockdown Sees Volunteering Spirit Plunge
< uk news, coronavirus, Society and Culture, england, neighbours, civil service, Charitable organization, Community spirit, Civil society, Community organizing, news, society-and-culture, civil-service, charitable-organization, community-spirit, civil-society, community-organizing, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 10:26November 30, 202040 Vulnerable Women And Children Left Without Power In Serco-Run House For Asylum Seekers
< uk news, coronavirus, HuffPost, home office, Asylum seeker, serco, Women and children first, news, huffpost, home-office, asylum-seeker, women-and-children-first, NEWS >
- Huffington Post UK 10:12November 30, 2020This Is How And When The Lockdown Tier In Your Area Can Be Lowered
< uk news, Politics and Government, coronavirus, boris johnson, government, england, news, politics-and-government, boris-johnson, POLITICS, politics >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 30, 2020What We Know About Joggers' Breathing And Your Covid Risk
< Health, coronavirus, COVID-19, exercise, running, Covid health questions, health, covid-19, covid-health-questions, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 30, 2020At My Foodbank, Demand Is Peaking. So Is Our Desire To End Food Poverty
< coronavirus, Personal, uk economy, Poverty, food bank, personal, economy, poverty, food-bank, NEWS, news >
- Huffington Post UK 03:01November 30, 2020Covid-19 Infections Fell 30% During England's Second Lockdown, Study Reveals
< coronavirus, england, Imperial College London, infection, imperial-college-london, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Breitbart News 01:19November 30, 2020Report: U.S. to Have 500K Fewer U.S. Births in 2021 Due to Coronavirus CrisisThe United States is expected to have up to 500,000 fewer births next year as a result of the Chinese coronavirus crisis, according to research.
< Health, Politics, birth rate, China, coronavirus, pandemic >
- Huffington Post UK 00:58November 30, 2020It's Beginning To Look (A Bit) Like Christmas: The New Rules On Everything From Carolling To Santa's Grottos
< coronavirus, government, Lockdown, lockdown, NEWS, news, Politics, politics >
- Breitbart News 00:47November 30, 2020Ossoff Supports Shutdown if 'Public Health Experts' Recommend ItGeorgia U.S. Senate Democrat candidate Jon Ossoff said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" said he would support shutdowns in Georgia amid the coronavirus pandemic if recommended by "public health experts."
< Clips, Health, Politics, coronavirus, Jon Ossoff >
- Business Insider 00:46November 30, 2020Fauci said authorities should 'close the bars and keep the schools open' to cut down on coronavirus infection spreadDr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said schools haven't been the major driver of community spread of the coronavirus.
< Politics, Anthony Fauci, coronavirus, school closures, Lockdown >
- Business Insider 00:13November 30, 2020Up to 87 million workers could lose access to paid leave next month if Congress doesn't pass another coronavirus relief packageExperts say the paid leave measure covered around half the US workforce. But it may expire during a perilous stretch of the pandemic.
< Politics, Economy, Democrats, Republicans, Paid Leave, family leave, Sick Leave, Coronavirus relief, Stimulus bill, Congress, Anthony Fauci, Unemployment benefits, Unemployment insurance >
- New York Magazine 22:37November 29, 2020New York City to Begin Phased Reopening of SchoolsPre-K and elementary school students will be able to return on December 7, and the city is overhauling how it manages its schools amid the pandemic.
< new york city, public schools, covid-19, coronavirus, coronavirus news, new york city schools, bill de blasio, pandemic >
- The Guardian(UK) 21:43November 29, 2020NHS to enlist 'sensible' celebrities to persuade people to take coronavirus vaccineExclusive: People who are ‘known and loved’ will front campaign amid fears of low take-upCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageNHS bosses plan to enlist celebrities and “influencers” with big social media followings in a major campaign to persuade people to have a Covid vaccine amid fears of low take-up.Ministers and NHS England are drawing up a list of “very sensible” famous faces in the hope that their advice to get immunised would be widely trusted, the Guardian has learned. Continue reading...
< Vaccines and immunisation, Coronavirus, NHS, England, Health policy, UK news, Health >
- Business Insider 21:09November 29, 2020New York City schools will reopen to younger students beginning on December 7, Mayor Bill de Blasio announcedNew York City schools went entirely remote on November 18 when the city said its positivity rate passed 3%, the previous threshold for school closure.
< News, Education, coronavirus, New York City Public Schools, Bill de Blasio >