- FoxNews 15:00December 15, 2018Christmas Eve is greatest risk for heart attack, study claimsAccording to Sweden’s Lund University researchers, a person’s risk for heart attack reaches its peak when the clock strikes 10 p.m. on Dec. 24.
< article, Fox News, Alexandria Hein, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/heart-health >
- FoxNews 15:00December 15, 20185 holiday gift ideas for the health nut in your lifeIt’s time to get your holiday shopping finished.
< article, Fox News, Lindsay Carlton, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living, fox-news/columns/holiday-gift-guide >
- FoxNews 11:07December 15, 2018Soy sauce 'colon cleanse' hoax leaves woman brain deadA doctor has outlined a shocking case in which a woman was left brain dead after an internet hoax went horribly wrong.
< article, The Sun, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health, fox-news/health/mental-health >
- FoxNews 01:01December 15, 2018Don't eat glitter, FDA warns: How to tell when the sparkly substance is actually edibleIt may look tempting, but that sparkly glitter on top of a freshly baked cupcake, cookie or other tasty treats may not be safe to eat.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living, fox-news/food-drink/recipes/techniques/healthy, fox-news/food-drink/recipes/meals/healthy-cooking, fox-news/food-drink >
- FoxNews 22:25December 14, 201810 dead, 32 hospitalized after suspected food poisoning at Indian temple ceremonyAt least 10 people in southern India died Friday of suspected food poisoning after a ceremony to celebrate the construction of a new Hindu temple, police said.
< article, Associated Press, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/foodborne-illness >
- FoxNews 22:17December 14, 2018J&J hammered by report it knew of asbestos in baby powderJohnson & Johnson is forcefully denying a media report that it knew for decades about the existence of trace amounts of asbestos in its baby powder.
< article, Associated Press, fnc, fnc/health >
- FoxNews 21:18December 14, 2018Man left paralyzed for 2 days after taking weight loss supplements, report saysAfter ruling out a stroke doctors discovered his potassium and magnesium levels were very low, causing extreme muscle weakness
< article, The Sun, Andrea Downey, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/nutrition-and-fitness/weight-loss >
- FoxNews 19:29December 14, 2018Boy given months to live after limp led to terminal brain tumor diagnosisThe family of an 11-year-old with an inoperable brain tumor are preparing for their last Christmas together after he was given six months to live -- just two weeks ago.
< article, SWNS, Jack Longstaff, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/cancer/brain-cancer, fox-news/health/healthy-living/childrens-health >
- FoxNews 17:14December 14, 2018'Young miracle': Baby recovers from Ebola in Congo outbreakThey call her the "young miracle." A baby who was admitted to an Ebola treatment center just six days after birth is now recovered from the virus.
< article, Associated Press, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/ebola, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/outbreaks, fox-news/health/healthy-living/medications >
- FoxNews 01:50December 14, 2018Woman’s tweets detailing heart attack go viral: ‘I was lucky’A woman who recently suffered a heart attack but survived is now using her experience to remind others how the symptoms of the sometimes fatal occurrence can differ for men and women.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living/womens-health, fox-news/health/heart-health >
- FoxNews 00:39December 14, 2018Oregon inmate’s flu-related death leads family to sue state for $7.5MA family is suing the state of Oregon for $7.5 million after their family member and inmate died of complications related to the flu because she reportedly did not receive a preventive vaccine at the correctional facility.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/respiratory-health/cold-and-flu, fox-news/us/us-regions/west/oregon >
- FoxNews 20:55December 13, 2018Boy with terminal brain tumor receives thousands of Christmas cards, trip to Fiesta BowlAn 8-year-old boy’s mailbox has been filled with Christmas letters, including one from the White House, after a push for holiday cheer went viral.
< article, Fox News, Alexandria Hein, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living/childrens-health >
- FoxNews 18:13December 13, 2018Risk of breast cancer may increase after giving birth, study saysA woman’s risk of developing breast cancer may increase after giving birth, a new study published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine this week states.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/cancer/breast-cancer, fox-news/health/healthy-living/womens-health, fox-news/columns/healthy-mama >
- FoxNews 22:26December 12, 2018Certain Kotex tampons recalled following reports they unravel, come apart inside bodyA certain type of Kotex tampons has been voluntarily recalled by Kimberly-Clark after the company received reports that the feminine hygiene product was unraveling or coming apart inside some users’ bodies.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living/product-recalls, fox-news/health/healthy-living/womens-health >
- FoxNews 20:43December 12, 2018This woman almost died from a blood clot at 38An undiagnosed genetic mutation combined with birth control pills created the perfect storm for a limb-threatening deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
< article, Reader's Digest, Jill Schildhouse, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/heart-health/circulation-issues >
- FoxNews 20:07December 12, 2018Photos capture heartwarming moment blind boy meets Santa, reindeerA Texas mother’s post about the “Best Santa ever” has gone viral after she shared moving photos of her 6-year-old son, who is blind and autistic, touching Santa’s face and feeling his suit as they shared a special moment.
< article, Fox News, Alexandria Hein, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/healthy-living/childrens-health, fox-news/health/education/autism, fox-news/health/vision-and-hearing >
- FoxNews 17:56December 12, 2018Tough new opioid policies leave some cancer and post-surgery patients without painkillersNew federal and state hard lines on painkiller prescriptions are affecting even cancer patients and people fresh out of major surgeries.
< article, Fox News, Elizabeth Llorente, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/mental-health/drug-and-substance-abuse, fox-news/health/mental-health/addiction, fox-news/health/healthy-living/medications, fox-news/health/pain-management/painkillers, fox-news/health/healthy-living/health-care >
- FoxNews 17:42December 12, 2018Health experts offer solutions for unintended consequences of opioid crackdownThe most urgently needed first step to addressing the misunderstandings about Centers for Disease and Prevention opioid prescribing guidelines, many clinicians and health experts say, is for the agency to clarify – in a high-profile way-- what the guidelines were meant, and not meant, to do.
< article, Fox News, Elizabeth Llorente, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/health/pain-management/painkillers, fox-news/health/mental-health/drug-and-substance-abuse, fox-news/health/mental-health/addiction, fox-news/health/healthy-living/medications, fox-news/health/healthy-living/health-care >
- FoxNews 05:52December 12, 2018Michigan State Police escort home girl with life-threatening diseaseA 6-year-old girl in Michigan got “a very special escort home” upon her release from a months-long hospital stay, police revealed Tuesday.
< article, Fox News, Elizabeth Zwirz, fnc, fnc/health, fox-news/us/us-regions/midwest/michigan >