- FoxNews 15:03December 15, 2018New giant dinosaur discovered in RussiaA new kind of giant dinosaur has been described in Russia. Dubbed Volgatitan, the herbivore belonged to a family of long-necked dinosaurs called sauropods. It weighed 17 tons and walked the earth 200 million to 65 million years ago.
< article, Fox News, Walt Bonner, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/columns/digging-history, fox-news/science/archaeology/dinosaurs, fox-news/science/archaeology/fossils >
- FoxNews 07:34December 15, 2018552-carat yellow diamond found in Canada, largest ever in North AmericaJust in time before you send your list to Santa, miners in the far reaches of Canada announced that they found a rough 552-carat yellow diamond, which is the largest diamond ever discovered in North America and the seventh-largest diamond ever found.
< article, Fox News, Edmund DeMarche, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science, fox-news/science/natural-science >
- FoxNews 00:34December 15, 2018'Creatures' in Jupiter's clouds? NASA's Juno spacecraft captures images that stun the internetImages revealed during NASA's Juno mission have captivated the internet.
< article, Fox News, Jennifer Earl, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/nasa >
- FoxNews 22:40December 14, 2018Extremely rare 'unicorn' of US paper money expected to sell for $3 millionAn extremely rare U.S. currency note from the late 19th century is expected to sell for up to $3 million when it is auctioned next year.
< article, Fox News, James Rogers, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/columns/digging-history, fox-news/science/archaeology/culture, fox-news/science/archaeology/history, fox-news/us/personal-freedoms/proud-american >
- FoxNews 20:50December 14, 2018Huge green fireball from Geminid meteor shower captured on Indiana officer's dash camAn Indiana officer got a stunning view of the Geminid meteor shower — known as one of the best meteor shows of the year — from his patrol car late Wednesday.
< article, Fox News, Jennifer Earl, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/astronomy >
- FoxNews 20:11December 14, 2018Do you carry Neanderthal DNA? The shape of your skull may tell.The shape of your brain may say a lot about the Neanderthal in you.
< article, LiveScience, Charles Q. Choi Live Science Contributor, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/archaeology/fossils, fox-news/columns/digging-history >
- FoxNews 19:32December 14, 2018Polar bear cub caught snuggling with mom in adorable picsA polar bear cub no bigger than a guinea pig was caught on video at the Berlin Zoo snuggling with its mother.
< article, Fox News, Chris Ciaccia, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/wild-nature/mammals, fox-news/science/wild-nature/endangered >
- FoxNews 13:00December 14, 2018Scientists visualize the Sun's mysteries using 400 years of solar observationsIn an effort to better grasp the sun's past, present and future, Colombian and Spanish researchers made visualizations that meld the last 400 years of recorded solar observations.
< article, Space.com, Doris Elin Salazar Space.com Contributor, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/sun >
- FoxNews 12:27December 14, 2018Tamu, oldest giraffe in North America, dies at Colorado zooThe oldest giraffe living in North America died Thursday at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado at age 32.
< article, Fox News, Stephen Sorace, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/wild-nature/mammals >
- FoxNews 21:39December 13, 20188,300-year-old stone snake heads reveal Stone Age ritual ceremoniesWhat might be passed over as two oddly shaped rocks are the work of Stone Age artisans who sculpted the rocks into beady-eyed snake heads, archaeologists have found.
< article, LiveScience, Laura Geggel Senior Writer, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/columns/digging-history, fox-news/science/archaeology/culture >
- FoxNews 21:20December 13, 2018The rubber ducky comet blasted a magnetic path through spaceRosetta's comet sent a magnetic shock wave screaming out in front of it, blazing a trail through the stellar wind.
< article, LiveScience, Rafi Letzter Staff Writer, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/asteroids >
- FoxNews 19:49December 13, 2018Skeleton of ancient marsupial lion, ‘Tasmanian devil on steroids,’ reconstructed for first timeFor the first time, scientists have reconstructed the full skeleton of the predatory, prehistoric animal known as the “marsupial lion” that once roamed Australia thousands of years ago.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/archaeology/fossils, fox-news/columns/digging-history, fox-news/science/natural-science >
- FoxNews 19:20December 13, 2018Comet 46P/Wirtanen visible this weekend: How to watchComet 46P/Wirtanen should be visible on December 16.
< article, Fox News, Kaitlyn Schallhorn, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/astronomy >
- FoxNews 18:30December 13, 2018Megalodon may have been killed off by an exploding starIf the megalodon didn't cause itself to go extinct, it may have been the work of an ancient exploding star, a shocking new study theorizes.
< article, Fox News, Chris Ciaccia, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/wild-nature/sharks, fox-news/columns/digging-history >
- FoxNews 17:53December 13, 2018Virgin Galactic set to send its SpaceShipTwo tourism rocket to the edge of spaceVirgin Galactic is set to send its tourism rocket to the edge of space during a major test flight on Thursday.
< article, Fox News, James Rogers, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/spaceflight, fox-news/science/air-and-space/nasa >
- FoxNews 17:42December 13, 2018How this supercolony of 1.5 million penguins stayed hidden for nearly 3,000 yearsThis year, scientists announced an incredible discovery by looking at poop stains in satellite images — 1.5 million Adélie penguins were living and thriving on a little patch in Antarctica surrounded by treacherous sea ice called the Danger Islands.
< article, LiveScience, Yasemin Saplakoglu Staff Writer, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science >
- FoxNews 13:00December 13, 2018Russian cosmonauts seal mysterious hole in ‘unprecedented’ space walkRussian spacewalkers have cut samples of material around a mysterious hole in a spacecraft docked on the International Space Station (ISS) that’s been at the center of sinister rumors and conspiracy theories.
< article, news.com.au, Marnie O’Neill and wires, fnc, fnc/science >
- FoxNews 23:08December 12, 2018Future humans may call us the 'chicken people,' and here's whyLong-lost cultures are sometimes known by the goods they leave behind. The Neolithic Corded Ware people of Europe, for example, got their name from the distinctive decorated pottery they made. If today's humans ever get a similar moniker, we might be known as the Chicken People.
< article, LiveScience, Stephanie Pappas, Live Science Contributor, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/wild-nature/mammals >
- FoxNews 20:55December 12, 2018'Scary' warming at poles is worrying scientistsWASHINGTON (AP) — Scientists are seeing surprising melting in Earth's polar regions at times they don't expect, like winter, and in places they don't expect, like eastern Antarctica.
< article, Associated Press, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/planet-earth/climate >
- FoxNews 20:44December 12, 2018Killer whales surround New Zealand woman in stunning drone footageWhen Judie Johnson of Hahei, New Zealand, recently took a dip in the waters off the coast of Coromandel, she never expected to be surrounded by a pod of playful orca whales.
< article, Fox News, Madeline Farber, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/planet-earth/oceans, fox-news/science/wild-nature, fox-news/science >
- FoxNews 19:34December 12, 2018Blood-sucking dracula ant sets the new record for fastest animalThere’s a new fastest animal on Earth and it’s … an ant.
< article, news.com.au, Stephanie Bedo, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/wild-nature/insects >
- FoxNews 18:31December 12, 2018Space doesn’t harm this important part of the human bodyResearch has shown that time in space can increase the risk of cancer and trigger gene mutations. But a new study has found that one crucial part of the human body remains unaffected by zero-gravity.
< article, New York Post, Lauren Tousignant, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/spaceflight >
- FoxNews 17:32December 12, 2018NASA’s InSight Mars Lander snaps its first stunning selfieSay "cheese!" NASA’s InSight Mars Lander has snapped its first selfie from the surface of the Red Planet.
< article, Fox News, James Rogers, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science/air-and-space/mars, fox-news/science/air-and-space/nasa, fox-news/science/air-and-space/spaceflight >
- FoxNews 03:35December 12, 2018Explorer who spotted Titanic says his mission was plot to trick RussiaRobert Ballard, the man who found the remains of the Titanic, said in a recent report that his discovery was part of a "top secret" deal made with the U.S. Navy in order to help elude Russia in the 1980s.
< article, Fox News, Elizabeth Zwirz, fnc, fnc/science, fox-news/science >