- Business Insider 22:49November 20, 2019From Casper to Glossier, these 12 new brands transformed the world of retail in the last decadeBusiness Insider/Jessica Tyler In the last ten years, the way we shop, eat, and exercise has transformed drastically.
Direct-to-consumer brands have taken over in the last 10 years, with products and mission values that resonate with consumers' increasing focus on sustainability and social consciousness. They are also better equipped to meet the needs of an increasingly digital society.
From Casper to Glossier, these 12 new brands transformed retail in the last decade.
Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. The future of retail is here, and it's not in shopping malls.
In the last ten years, the way we shop, eat, and exercise has transformed drastically. Sure, malls may be dying along with the American dream. But out of their ashes arise a shiny new cohort of brands that live online, whose digital presence is exponentially more important than their physical presence.
Consumers are more aware than ever how their purchasing choices affect the world around them. As a result, the brands that have taken over retail during the last decade reflect the socially and environmentally conscious values of the newest consumer generation, as well as the increasingly digital lifestyles they lead.
From Casper to Glossier, these 12 new brands transformed the face of retail over the last 10 years.& Other Stories
Business Insider/Jessica Tyler
Founded in 2010, & Other Stories is an H&M-owned, largely direct-to-consumer brand that has thrived by utilizing Instagram to build a diehard community of chic young fans. & Other Stories was one of the first brands of its era to show that fashion doesn't have to be bespoke to feel bespoke.
Before S'well launched in 2010, water bottles were mostly functional tools. But S'well turned the water bottle into a sleek, upscale fashion piece and identity statement. S'well positioned its drop-shaped bottle as a mascot for the war against plastic bottles, even though reusable bottles have been displacing plastic ones long before S'well came into the picture.
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Founded in 2010, Warby Parker is an online glasses startup that disrupted Luxottica's dominance in the eyewear industry. The fashionable and impact-conscious retailer has become a household name over the course of the last decade, especially among young professionals.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:If you bought anything from these 19 companies recently, your data may have been stolenPeople are theorizing that Popeyes' chicken sandwich convinced Chick-fil-A to stop donating to controversial groups. Here's the real reason for the change.Macy's tells customers their payment information may have been stolen by hackersSEE ALSO: 12 iconic restaurant chains that no longer exist in America
< Features, Retail, Retail Industry, Retail Innovation, Glossier, Casper, & Other Stories, H&M, ThirdLove, Rothy's, Away, Everlane, S'well, Peloton, Warby Parker, mirror, Fitness, Shopping, Beauty, Fashion, White Claw, hard seltzer, Alcohol, Millennials, Gen X, Online Shopping, Direct to consumer, >
- Petapixel 21:13November 15, 2019Sigma’s 24-70mm f/2.8 ART Lens for E-Mount is Half the Price of Sony’s VersionOne of Sigma’s most anticipated lenses for the full-frame Sony E-Mount cameras has an official price tag, and it’s shockingly affordable. The recently announced Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art lens—a direct competitor to Sony’s expensive 24-70mm f/2.8 G Master—will begin shipping in early December for just $1,100. The Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art—which is designed […]
< Equipment, News, availability, emount, femount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, leica, lmount, mirrorless, panasonic, price, sigma, sony >
- Petapixel 20:20November 6, 2019Panasonic Unveils 70-200mm f/2.8 and 16-35mm f/4 Full-Frame L-Mount LensesPanasonic has added two much-anticipated lenses to its “S Pro” lineup of L-Mount lenses for the full-frame mirrorless Lumix S1, S1R and S1H cameras: The Lumix S Pro 70-200mm f/2.8 O.I.S. and the Lumix S Pro 16-35mm f/4. The two new lenses bring Panasonic’s L-Mount lens lineup to six total lenses, including one prime and […]
< Equipment, News, 16-35mmf/4, 70-200mmf/2.8, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, lmount, lumixspro, mirrorless, newlenses, panasonic, panasoniclenses, panasoniclumix, spro, sprolenses, zoom, zoomlenses >
- Petapixel 18:41November 6, 2019Leica SL2 Unveiled with In-Body Image Stabilization and 187MP PhotosLeica has announced the SL2, a full-frame mirrorless camera that replaces the SL that was announced back in 2015. Leica says the new “all-purpose” camera “resets the tone for the mirrorless market.” One of Leica’s focuses in designing the SL2 was ergonomics — the company claims the SL2 has improved ergonomics thanks to a more […]
< Equipment, News, announcement, camera, leica, leicasl2, mirrorless, sl2, unveiled >
- Petapixel 20:53November 5, 2019Canon Quietly Releases the EOS Ra: A Mirrorless Astrophotography CameraWithout fanfare or so much as a press release (yet), the Canon EOS Ra camera has officially been released. The specially-designed astrophotography camera is Canon’s first full-frame mirrorless camera “dedicated to deep sky and night sky photography.” If you’ve been around the block a few times, you’ve no doubt seen one of these special “a” […]
< Equipment, News, astrophotography, astrophotographycamera, canon, canoneosra, deepsky, deepskyphotography, eosra, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, hydrogenalpha, infrared, nebulaphotography >
- Petapixel 19:03October 31, 2019Canon Just Added 24p Video to Both the EOS RP and 90D via FirmwareEarlier this month, Canon promised to add 24p video recording into some of its most recent cameras like the mirrorless EOS RP and the Canon 90D DSLR, where the feature was conspicuously absent. Today, Canon began to deliver on that promise by releasing this update for both the EOS RP and the 90D. When the […]
< Equipment, News, 24fps, 24p, 24pvideo, 90d, canon, canon90d, canoneosrp, canonnews, canonupdate, dslr, eos90d, eosrp, firmwareupdate, freeupdate, mirrorless, update, videoupdate >
- Business Insider 18:20October 30, 2019Lululemon just made a bet that the $1,500 interactive workout Mirror is the future of fitness, and it should terrify boutique workout studiosCourtesy of Mirror Mirror, the New York-based startup that makes an interactive workout mirror, announced Wednesday that it had raised $34 million in a new round of funding led by hedge fund Point72. Lululemon and Karlie Kloss also invested in this round.
Mirror also announced that it would be partnering with Lululemon to offer new Mirror X Lululemon classes on the device. A Mirror spokesperson told Business Insider the company will kick off this partnership with meditation classes led by Lululemon ambassadors.
This nod of approval from Lululemon is concerning for boutique fitness concepts, as it signals that other players in the fitness industry are viewing at-home fitness as an important area of growth.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Buzzy home-fitness startup Mirror just got the seal of approval from Lululemon.
The company behind the $1,500 interactive fitness mirror announced Wednesday that it raised $34 million in a round of funding led by Steve Cohen's hedge fund Point72. Lululemon and model-turned-entrepreneur Karlie Kloss were among the other investors contributing to the funding round. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Rare Italian white truffles cost over $4,000 per kilo — here's why real truffles are so expensiveSee Also:MillerCoors will slash up to 500 jobs and change its name as millennials ditch beerLuLaRoe plans to lay off 167 warehouse workers amid legal battlePopeyes braces for the return of the chicken sandwich after the original launch sparked chaos and left workers exhaustedSEE ALSO: We tested the $1,500 mirror that streams exercise classes into your home and saw how it could upend the fitness world
< mirror, Lululemon, Fitness, Home fitness, Retail, Exercise, BI Select, >
- Observer 17:44October 30, 2019Halloween 2019: Spooky (But Super Real) Tech You Should Know AboutBrain chips built by billionaires, "Black Mirror" robot dogs, fake news writers and more.
< ai, AI apocalypse, Amazon, artificial intelligence, Black Mirror, Continental, Facebook, Halloween, Halloween 2019, Neuralink, OpenAI, robot, Robots, self driving, SpaceX, Tesla >
- Petapixel 19:29October 23, 2019Tamron Announces Development of Lightweight 70-180mm f/2.8 Lens for Sony E-MountIn addition to releasing three sort-of-macro wide-angle prime lenses for its FE lineup, Tamron today also announced the development of the highly-anticipated f/2.8 telephoto zoom lens for the Sony E-Mount: the 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD. The lens—which has been thoroughly leaked alongside the three prime lenses announced today—will complete Tamron’s version of the “holy […]
< Equipment, News, 70-180mm, developmentannouncement, emount, femount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, holytrinity, mirrorless, newlens, sony, sonyemount, tamron, tamron70-180mmf2.8, tamronlenses >
- Petapixel 19:05October 23, 2019Tamron Unveils Three 1:2 Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Sony E-MountTamron has unveiled three much-leaked new prime lenses for full-frame Sony mirrorless cameras. The 20mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2, 24mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2, and 35mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 are all compact, lightweight wide-angle prime lenses that boast a 1:2 magnification ratio and very close minimum focus distances so that they […]
< Equipment, News, 12, emount, femount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, lensannouncement, lensnews, macro, mirrorless, newlenses, primelens, sony, sonyemount, sonyfe, tamron, tamronlens, tamronlensnews, wideanglelens, wideangleprime >
- Huffington Post UK 11:07October 23, 2019Jameela Jamil Reignites Caroline Flack Spat Over Controversial Surgery Show
< uktv, uk celebrity, caroline flack, black mirror, jameela jamil, the surjury, celebrity, caroline-flack, black-mirror, jameela-jamil, the-surjury, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Business Insider 23:02October 22, 2019The best makeup mirrors you can buyShutterstock You don't have to do your makeup in bad lighting.
The Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror is our top makeup mirror pick for its sleek, attractive design and simple functionality. It does what you need it to do, without any complicated extras. Getting a dedicated makeup mirror has to be one of the top five decisions I've ever made. Or, rather, that my mom made for me, since she bought me one, presumably after getting sick of hearing me endlessly complain that my bedroom was too dark for effectively drawing on eyeliner. Thanks, mom!
Now that I've gone over to the light (up mirror) side, I will not be turning back, and I suggest you follow my lead. It's a real getting ready game-changer, especially if your living quarters leave much to be desired as far as lighting goes. Makeup mirrors exist on a spectrum from very basic to rather high-tech, but most of the best ones have lighting and magnification options that make creating the perfect smokey eye or chiseled contour a total breeze.
If you don't care about zooming in close enough to see every single pore on the surface of your face, you can probably opt for a simpler design, while people who love elaborate makeup looks might want a model with a few additional features.
We've done the research to find the best makeup mirrors that beauty experts and shoppers agree are the best money can buy.
Here are the best makeup mirrors you can buy: Best makeup mirror overall: Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
Best tri-fold makeup mirror: Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Makeup Mirror
Best on-the-go makeup mirror: HotLife LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
Best makeup mirror for techies: iHome Reflect iCVBT2 Adjustable Vanity Mirror
Best makeup mirror for true makeup aficionados: Simplehuman Sensor Mirror Pro Updated on 10/22/2019 by Remi Rosmarin: Updated formatting, links, and prices.
The best makeup mirror overall
The Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror is perfect for your everyday makeup needs, with its two-sided mirror encircled by a bright light.
Conair's Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror is ideal for a fan of the Classics. It's like the peanut butter and jelly of makeup mirrors — nothing over-the-top, but perfectly functional and satisfying. It does the job, and it does the job well, but without all the bells and whistles some of the more tech-savvy versions offer.
As the name suggests, this mirror is double-sided, with one side featuring a 7x magnification that allows you get to real intimate with your epidermis. I personally find the magnification on these kinds of mirrors most helpful for tweezing my eyebrows and reminding me of my own mortality by pointing out fine lines I didn't know I had. Best Products named the Conair mirror their number one pick for best lighted mirror. It's also a fan-favorite, with more than 2,000 five-star reviews on Amazon. One reviewer writes, "Awesome mirror! It's just the right size, and the lighting is perfect. Having lighting on both sides is great." The mirror comes in several finishes, including "oiled bronze" and "polished chrome," and the oval shape gives it a vintage vibe that makes it a little prettier than some of the other options in our guide. Buyers' main complaint seems to be about the longevity of the light itself, which is powered by a bulb rather than a battery. Pros: Nice vintage design, lights on both sides, 7x magnification, comes in several finishes
Cons: Requires a bulb, only has one light intensity
Buy the Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror on Amazon for $37 to $134
The best tri-fold makeup mirror
The Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Makeup Mirror shows your makeup in different lighting so you can avoid any awkward foundation-blending mishaps.
In my past life as an office worker, I often left the house feeling pretty good about my face situation, only to be greeted on my first trip to the office bathroom by a raccoon-eyed swamp creature in the mirror. If you found yourself nodding along in recognition as you read that last sentence, the Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Makeup Mirror might be for you.
With four adjustable settings — daytime, nighttime, home, and office — you can see your makeup in all sorts of lighting, it's perfect for the woman who is always bouncing from the work to spin class to drinks with friends. The tri-fold mirror design allows you to look at your face from every angle, so you can avoid that moment when you look in the mirror and realize you've been walking around with unblended bronzer for five hours. But just don't take my word for it. New York Magazine's The Strategist named the Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Makeup Mirror one of the best vanity mirrors on Amazon, where it currently boasts a 4.2-star rating based on 2,500 reviews. Other notable features of the mirror include an electrical outlet for plugging in devices and an adjustable base that lets you find the perfect height.
Pros: Four different light settings for various environments, panoramic tri-fold mirror, highly customizable Cons: Clunky design, not as attractive as other options Buy the Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Makeup Mirror on Amazon for $34
The best on-the-go makeup mirror
The HotLife LED Lighted Makeup Mirror is perfect for late sleepers who commute first and get ready later.
Do you hit snooze until the last possible second in the morning? The HotLife LED Lighted Makeup Mirror is a great pick for anyone who applies their makeup after they get to work. After all, you don't want to rely on fluorescent office lights alone to help you blend your eye shadow.
This mirror comes recommended by The Cut's Ashley Weatherford, who describes its 5 x 3.3 x 0.4-inch size as "thinner than a CD case and barely the size of your hand." This mirror is perfect for tossing in your purse, briefcase, filing cabinet, or glove compartment. It also folds in half for easy portability. The HotLife LED Lighted Makeup Mirror is clearly designed to go places.
Features-wise, it's pretty bare bones. You get eight LED lights that you can dim and two mirrors, one with 2x magnification. The compact also comes with four batteries, so you can get to using it immediately. If that's all you need, this is a solid and affordable choice, but if you want something a bit more in-depth, it probably won't be the right fit. Pros: Perfect for travel or carrying on-the-go, regular and magnified mirror options, affordable, comes with batteries (plus an extra set)
Cons: Doesn't have many additional features
Buy the HotLife LED Lighted Makeup Mirror on Amazon for $15
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:The best natural makeup you can buyThe best anti-aging foundationThe best acne treatments for bumps and blemishes
< Features, Insider Picks Guides, INSIDER, insider beauty, Insider Picks 2019, Guide Update, Life, Beauty, Makeup, mirror, Beauty Guides, >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:37October 21, 2019Paul Burrell and James Hewitt among latest phone-hacking casesDozens of celebrities join Prince Harry in new cases against Sun and Mirror publishersPrincess Diana’s former lover James Hewitt and her butler Paul Burrell are among dozens of individuals who have joined Prince Harry in the latest round of phone-hacking claims against tabloid newspaper publishers.Hewitt and Burrell recently filed their cases against the publisher of the Daily Mirror at the high court, according to court filings seen by the Guardian, joining the Duke of Sussex in alleging the publisher intercepted their voicemails. Their claims will focus attention on the extent to which British newspapers targeted the royal family and those around them in the hunt for stories during the 2000s. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Daily Mirror, The Sun, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Bobby Robson, Simon Hughes, Sienna Miller, UK news, National newspapers, Newspapers, Media >
- The Guardian 00:00October 21, 2019Meghan: I was warned the British tabloids would destroy my lifeRoyal speaks of struggling to cope with her new life in interview for ITV documentaryThe Duchess of Sussex has revealed she was warned before her marriage to Prince Harry that the British tabloids would “destroy” her life, as she spoke of struggling to cope with the reality of being part of the royal family.In an interview for the ITV documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey, she said the last year had been “hard” and that she had had “no idea” of what she would face. Continue reading...
< Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Monarchy, UK news, Prince Harry, ITV channel, Media, Television, Television & radio, Newspapers, Newspapers & magazines, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, The Sun >
- Huffington Post UK 17:41October 18, 2019Caroline Flack Hits Back After Jameela Jamil Criticises Her New Plastic Surgery Show
< uktv, uk celebrity, caroline flack, black mirror, jameela jamil, celebrity, caroline-flack, black-mirror, jameela-jamil, ENTERTAINMENT, entertainment >
- Petapixel 18:04October 17, 2019Olympus Unveils the E-M5 Mark III: Pro Features in a Compact BodyOlympus has unveiled the OM-D E-M5 Mark III, a followup to the E-M5 Mark II and a compact mirrorless camera that has many of the same features as the high-end OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless camera that was announced back in 2016. The goal of the E-M5 Mark III was to pack high-end components into […]
< Equipment, News, announcement, camera, mirrorless, olympus, omd, omdem5iii, unveiled >
- Observer 17:08October 16, 2019According to Twitter, ‘Stranger Things’ Is the Most Talked About TV Show in the WorldHow can we measure streaming popularity if the platforms won't release viewership data?
< Black Mirror, Game of Thrones, HBO, House of Cards, Netflix, Peaky Blinders, Sony, Stranger Things, Twitter, Westworld, When They See Us >
- Petapixel 17:34October 10, 2019Canon Video Confirms the Tiny RF 70-200mm f/2.8L is NOT an Internal ZoomA video posted by Canon Korea yesterday confirms something that many Canon shooters feared when they saw how small Canon was making the upcoming RF-mount 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens: this lens does not have an internal zooming mechanism. The video highlights all of Canon’s ‘holy trinity’ f/2.8 zoom lenses—the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, […]
< Equipment, News, 70-200mmf/2.8, canon, canoneosr, canonrfmount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, mirrorless, rfmount >
- Petapixel 17:17October 10, 2019Sigma fp Officially Released, Will Cost $1,900 and Ships October 25thSigma officially released the Sigma fp today, confirming the leak we reported earlier this week. Available to pre-order today, the world’s smallest full-frame mirrorless camera will cost $1,900 for the body-only, and will begin shipping to customers on October 25th. The Sigma fp was first unveiled back in July, but it was a detailed development […]
< Equipment, Industry, News, affordable, availability, compact, fp, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, light, lightest, lmount, mirrorless, portable, price, sigma, sigmafp, sigmalmount, small, smallest, worldssmallest >
- Petapixel 16:44October 10, 2019Nikon Reveals Updated Z-Mount Lens Roadmap with Nine New LensesIn addition to announcing the APS-C mirrorless Nikon Z50 and officially releasing the monstrous (and monstrously expensive) NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens, Nikon has also updated its Z-Mount lens roadmap, adding nine new lenses to the docket and promising 13 new lenses total by the end of 2021. The updated roadmap is similar, […]
< Equipment, News, lenslineup, lensroadmap, mirorrless, mirrorlesslenses, nikon, nikonlenses, nikonlensroadmap, nikonzmount, roadmap, zmount, zmountlensroadmap >
- Petapixel 07:41October 10, 2019Nikon Unveils the Z 50, the First Crop Sensor Z Series Mirrorless CameraNikon has announced the new Z 50, the first DX-format mirrorless camera in the Z series lineup. It’s a camera that’s smaller, lighter, and cheaper than its full-frame siblings. At the core of the 14oz (~0.4kg) magnesium-alloy-framed camera is a 20.9-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor backed by an EXPEED 6 image-processing engine. The camera has a […]
< Equipment, News, announcement, camera, dx, dxformat, mirrorless, nikon, nikonz50, unveiled, z50, zseries >
- Petapixel 16:43October 9, 2019Canon is Listening, Will Add 24p Video Back to Select Camera ModelsIn a move that’s as unprecedented as it is refreshing, it seems Canon has actually decided to listen to and do something about the recent customer complaints about the lack of a 24p mode in some of the companies most recent DSLRs and mirrorless cameras. While this change doesn’t really impact stills shooters—unless you have […]
< Equipment, News, 108024p, 24p, 24pvideo, 4k24p, 90d, canon, canonannouncement, canoneos90d, canoneosrp, dslr, eosrp, feedback, firmware, firmwareupdate, free, freeupdate, mirrorless, update >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:02October 6, 2019Prince Harry’s tabloid lawsuit 'will likely take a year to get to court'Duke of Sussex joins case against Sun and Mirror in group action over phone hackingPrince Harry’s legal action against newspaper publishers over phone-hacking is likely to take a year to come to court, it has emerged, as pressure builds over the tabloids’ treatment of the royal family.His decision to join group litigation launched by others who have said they were victims of phone-hacking came shortly after his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday for disclosing a handwritten letter she had sent to her estranged father. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Daily Mirror, The Sun, News UK, Newspapers, UK news, Newspapers & magazines, National newspapers, Media >
- The Guardian(UK) 23:05October 5, 2019Prince Harry: tabloids hid hacking crimes for 20 yearsDuke of Sussex joins case against Sun and Mirror in group action alleging documents were destroyedLeading tabloid newspapers concealed or destroyed evidence that they illegally targeted Prince Harry and his circle of friends and advisers over many years, according to allegations contained in his unprecedented legal action against two media groups.He is joining scores of other people in a group claim that alleges editors and executives at Mirror Group Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mirror, and News UK, publisher of the Sun and the defunct News of the World, mounted an industrial-scale cover-up over more than 20 years. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, Daily Mirror, The Sun, News UK, Newspapers, Media, UK news >
- Huffington Post UK 20:18October 4, 2019Prince Harry Is Suing The Sun And The Mirror Over Alleged Phone-Hacking
< uk news, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, Spokesperson, daily mirror, Phone Hacking, news, meghan-duchess-of-sussex, prince-harry-duke-of-sussex, spokesperson, daily-mirror, phone-hacking, NEWS >
- The Guardian(UK) 19:59October 4, 2019Prince Harry launches phone hacking case against Sun and MirrorRoyal continues fight against UK newspapers after attacking treatment of his wife, MeghanPrince Harry has issued legal proceedings against the owners of the Sun and the Daily Mirror over alleged phone hacking, in another ratcheting up of the royal’s all-out war with the British newspaper industry.The decision to file legal proceedings against two of the UK’s biggest publishers emerged following the royal’s strongly worded attack on the British media’s treatment of his wife, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex. Continue reading...
< Prince Harry, UK news, Monarchy, Newspapers & magazines, The Sun, National newspapers, Media, Newspapers, Daily Mirror >
- Petapixel 17:51October 3, 2019Sony Unveils the a9 II: Same Sensor & Specs with ‘Enhanced Connectivity’Sony has quietly announced the next-generation Sony a9 II: an incremental upgrade that keeps many of the same core specs, but adds “enhanced connectivity and workflow capabilities” that will appeal to professional sports photographers and photojournalists. The Sony a9 II is best described as a “refinement” of the original a9. It uses the same 24.2MP […]
< Equipment, News, 20fps, a9ii, fullframemirrorless, mirrorless, sony, sonya9ii, sportsphotography >
- Petapixel 16:46September 26, 2019Canon Releases Major Autofocus Firmware Update for the EOS R and RPIf you own Canon’s EOS R or EOS RP, download the latest firmware for your camera ASAP. As of last night, Firmware Ver 1.4 and 1.3 for the Canon EOS R and Canon EOS RP, respectively, have been released, boasting improved overall autofocus performance, enhanced Eye and Face Detection AF, and more. In the race […]
< Equipment, News, Software, af, autofocus, canoneosr, canoneosrp, canonfirmware, eosr, eosrp, eyeaf, eyedetection, facedetection, firmware, firmwareupdate, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, mirrorless >
- Petapixel 17:03September 25, 2019Canon Unveils Entry-Level EOS M200 with Eye Detection and 4K VideoCanon has just revealed a new entry-level mirrorless APS-C camera. The Canon EOS M200 won’t blow anybody’s socks off, but it brings some useful upgrades to Canon’s popular entry-level mirrorless EOS M100, adding eye-detection autofocus, 4K video, and more. The main upgrade between the two cameras is the Digic 8 processor, which allowed Canon to […]
< Equipment, News, apsc, apscmirrorless, canon, canoneosm, canoneosm200, canonm200, efm, entrylevel, entrylevelcamera, entrylevelmirrorless, eosm200, m200, mirrorless >
- iXBT 14:40September 19, 2019Презентация Sony α7R IV: карты, камера, объектив за миллион.Прошло уже почти десять лет со времен начала активного развития цифровых беззеркальных фотокамер. Наверняка, многие фотографы за это время успели не только оценить все преимущества современных беззеркалок, но и вклад компании Sony в развитие сегмента.Читать дальше
< sony, alpha, mirrorless, fullframe, 1700 MB/s, сони, альфа, бзк, полный кадр >
- Guardian 08:00September 16, 2019The 100 best TV shows of the 21st centuryWhere’s Mad Men? How did The Sopranos do? Does The Crown triumph? Can anyone remember Lost? And will Downton Abbey even figure? Find out here – and have your sayWe interview the No 1 show’s creatorMore of the best Film | Albums | Classical Continue reading...
< Television, Culture, Television & radio, Drama, TV comedy, Comedy, TV streaming, Documentary, I'm a Celebrity ..., The Mighty Boosh, The Shadow Line, Broad City, Skins, RuPaul, 24, The L Word, Fresh Meat, Gogglebox, Looking, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Strictly Come Dancing, Entertainment TV, Gavin and Stacey, Veep, The Shield, TV crime drama, US television, A Very English Scandal, The Inbetweeners, Spiral, Science and nature TV, Factual TV, Lost, Shameless, The Good Place, Borgen, Inside No 9, Flight of the Conchords, Six Feet Under, Succession, Sherlock, Wolf Hall, Orange is the New Black, Utopia, Parks and Recreation, Downton Abbey, Insecure, Better Call Saul, Doctor Who, The Bridge, The Crown, The Americans, South Park, The Good Wife, Brass eye, Animation on TV, Period drama (TV), Science fiction TV, Reality TV, Educational TV, The Great British Bake Off, This Is England, Big Brother, Killing Eve, The Killing, Transparent, Red Riding, The Handmaid's Tale, Jon Stewart, Politics TV, Media, Black Mirror, Twin Peaks, Arrested Development, Girls, Julia Davis, The West Wing, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Line of Duty, 30 Rock, Happy Valley, Atlanta, Peep Show, Fleabag, Game of Thrones, Fantasy TV, Food TV, Breaking Bad, The Thick of It, Mad Men, The Wire, The Sopranos >
- Petapixel 08:30September 12, 2019Fujifilm Unveils the X-A7, Its New $700 Entry-Level X Series MirrorlessFujifilm has announced the new X-A7 mirrorless camera, a $700 entry-level mirrorless X Series camera that replaces the X-A5. “The X-A7’s compact, lightweight form factor, outstanding image quality, and multitude of new and enhanced features position it as an ideal and timely entry into Fujifilm’s popular family of X Series mirrorless cameras,” Fujifilm says. At […]
< Equipment, News, announcement, fujifilm, fujifilmxa7, mirrorless, unveiled, xa7 >
- Petapixel 18:17August 29, 2019Samyang Launches Ultra-Compact 18mm f/2.8 Lens for Sony E-MountSamyang/Rokinon has announced a new ultra-compact, ultra-wide-angle prime for Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras. At just 145g light, 2-inches long, and $500, the new Samyang AF 18mm f/2.8 lens is “the most compact, lightweight, and affordable super-wide angle full frame lens for Sony E mount.” Despite its diminutive size, the Samyang/Rokinon AF 18mm f/2.8 offers a […]
< Equipment, News, Products, 100degrees, emount, femount, fullframe, mirrorless, prime, primelens, rokinon, samyang, sony, sonyfe, ultrawideangle, wideangle >
- Petapixel 19:07August 28, 2019Sony Unveils New Flagship a6600 and Entry-Level a6100 APS-C CamerasAfter weeks of rumors and speculation and leaked specs, Sony has finally unveiled the two APS-C mirrorless cameras we’ve been expecting: the flagship Sony a6600 with IBIS and a bigger battery, and the entry-level Sony a6100 for photographers and vloggers on a budget. Sony a6600 The hero product from today’s announcement was, no doubt, the […]
< Equipment, News, Products, 5axisibis, a6100, a6600, apsc, apscmirrorless, cameraannouncement, cameranews, entrylevel, flagship, ibis, inbodyimagestabilization, mirrorless, sony, sonya6100, sonya6600, sonyannouncement >
- Petapixel 07:55August 28, 2019Canon M6 Mark II is Like a 90D with a Mirrorless Camera BodyIn addition to the new 90D crop DSLR, Canon today also announced the EOS M6 Mark II crop mirrorless camera. The new M6 Mark II is basically a 90D in a mirrorless camera body. “Bringing the controls and functionality of a Canon EOS DSLR into a compact mirrorless camera, the EOS M6 Mark II is […]
< Equipment, News, announcement, canon, canonm6markii, m6ii, m6markii, mirrorless, unveiled >
- Petapixel 21:42August 27, 2019Panasonic Reveals 24-70mm f/2.8 for L-Mount and 25mm f/1.4 for MFTIn addition to officially launching the video-centric full-frame Lumix S1H, Panasonic also revealed two new lenses today: The Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 for the L-Mount, and a refreshed Leica DG Summilux 25mm f/1.4 II ASPH lens for Micro Four Thirds shooters. Panasonic Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8 (Full-Frame) The star of the show is […]
< Equipment, News, Products, 2470mm, 2470mmf28, 25mmlens, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, leicadg25mmf14, lensannouncement, lmount, lumix, microfourthirds, mirrorless, newlens, panasonic >
- Petapixel 21:30August 27, 2019Panasonic Officially Unveils the Lumix S1H with 6K Video and Dual Native ISOAfter first announcing the Lumix S1H at the end of May, Panasonic is officially launching the L-Mount camera today, adding a third offering to its full-frame mirrorless lineup that includes the high-resolution S1R and the hybrid S1. If the S1R is for stills shooters who demand the best possible resolution and the S1 is for […]
< Equipment, News, 6k, 6k24p, filmmaking, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, lumixs1h, panasonic, panasoniclumixs1h, panasonics1h, s1h, video >
- Petapixel 18:25August 27, 2019Nikon Unveils 3D LUT for N-Log Video, Will Charge for ProRes RAW UpdateNikon made two major announcements for video shooters today. First, they released a dedicated (and long overdue) 3D Look Up Table (LUT) for the flat N-Log profile, making it much easier to post-process video footage from the Z6 and Z7. And second, they quietly announced that the long-awaited RAW video update for the Z Series […]
< Industry, News, 3dlut, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, lookuptable, lut, mirrorless, nikon, nikonnews, nikonvideo, nikonz6, nikonz7, rawvideo, video, zseries >
- Mashable 21:06August 23, 2019We went to the 'Telling Lies' set and saw how a new medium for storytelling gets madeThe language doesn't exist yet to describe (or even accurately categorize) what Sam Barlow is making. Which is probably why all our conversations, both during and after an exclusive set visit back in January, is a lot of uhm's as we both grasp for the right words, and come away with poor approximations that capture only a fraction of its ingenuity.
Barlow is adamant about it being, in fact, a video game — though it mostly consists of live-action actors who you get to know through videos on a desktop. Technically it's an FMV (full-motion video) game, but only as an afterthought. I guess it also falls under the umbrella of interactive TV, but don't even think about comparing it to Bandersnatch. My personal favorite way of referring to it is as "interactive found footage," like Blair Witch but detective and playable. Read more...More about Entertainment, Indie Games, Black Mirror, Interactive Fiction, and Bandersnatch
< Entertainment, Indie Games, Black Mirror, Interactive Fiction, Bandersnatch >
- Petapixel 16:24August 22, 2019Tamron Teases Four New Full-Frame Lenses for Sony E-MountTamron is giving Sony full-frame mirrorless shooters a reason to get excited today. In a video published to the brand’s Facebook page and YouTube channel, the company is teasing four new lenses for FE-mount: one zoom lens and three primes. Unfortunately, the teaser doesn’t give much away other than making it pretty obvious that these […]
< Equipment, News, emount, femount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, lenses, lensteaser, mirrorless, newlenses, sony, sonyemount, sonyfemount, tamron, teaser >
- Petapixel 19:24August 20, 2019Canon Leaks Full Product Brochures for the Canon 90D and EOS M6 Mark IICanon Australia sprung a massive leak last night, when the product pages for the un-released Canon 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II both went online by accident. We’ve already shared the promo videos for both cameras that were posted there, but that wasn’t all—Canon leaked its own product brochures, too. There’s very little mystery […]
< Equipment, News, 90d, apsc, brochure, canon, canon90d, canonaustralia, canoneosm6markii, canonm6markii, dslr, eosm6, eosm6markii, leak, m6markii, mirrorless >
- Petapixel 23:50August 19, 2019Canon EOS M6 Mark II Leaked: 32.5MP Sensor, 4K Video, 30fps RAW BurstIn addition to the Canon 90D promo video we just shared, Canon Rumors has also gotten received a seemingly-official promo video for EOS M6 Mark II, showing what Canon has in store for this compact APS-C mirrorless camera. According to the leaked video, the current Canon EOS M6 is getting a serious overhaul, with more […]
< Equipment, News, Rumors, apsc, canon, canoneosm6ii, eosm6ii, eosm6markii, leaked, m6ii, m6markii, mirrorless, promovideo >
- Petapixel 20:46August 2, 2019Patent Shows DJI is Working on a Clone of the Hasselblad X1DEver since DJI acquired a majority stake in Hasselblad back in 2017, people have been waiting to see what the Chinese drone maker would do with their newly acquired camera company. So far, they haven’t done very much, but a Chinese patent application shows that they may be preparing to launch a clone of Hasselblad’s […]
< Industry, News, 3dmodel, clone, copy, dji, hasselblad, mediumformat, mirrorless, mirrorlessmediumformat, patent, x1d, x1d50c >
- Petapixel 17:37August 2, 2019Venus Optics Launches World’s Widest Rectilinear Lens for Fuji GFX CamerasAfter briefly announcing the lens over a year ago, Venus Optics has finally launched the “world’s widest rectilinear lens for Fujifilm GFX,” announcing the pricing and availability of the Laowa 17mm f/4 Ultra-Wide GFX Zero-D. The 17mm f/4 Zero-D medium format lens features a 113° field of view from its 13mm full-frame equivalent focal length. […]
< News, Products, fuji, fujifilm, fujifilmgfx, fujigfx, laowa, mediumformat, mirrorlessmediumformat, newlens, ultrawideangle, venusoptics, wideangle, wideanglelens >
- Huffington Post UK 19:55July 30, 2019Boris Johnson Poses With Chickens As Snap Of His Aide Dressed As Tory-Taunting Bird Emerges
< uk news, boris johnson, david cameron, daily mirror, news, boris-johnson, david-cameron, daily-mirror, POLITICS, politics >
- Petapixel 17:01July 18, 2019Fujifilm Unveils Versatile XF 16-80mm f/4 R Lens with 6-Stops of StabilizationIn addition to a new, lightweight 50mm lens for its medium format cameras, Fujifilm also announced a versatile new zoom lens for its X-Series mirrorless cameras. The new XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR is a stabilized zoom lens that is well suited for a wide range of styles and genres. Fujifilm calls this lens […]
< Equipment, News, Products, 1680f4, fuji, fujifilm, lensannouncement, mirrorless, newgear, newlens, ois, opticalimagestabilization, portable, stabilization, stabilized, versatile >
- Petapixel 16:35July 18, 2019Fujifilm Unveils GF 50mm f/3.5 R: Its Smallest Medium Format Lens YetEarlier today, Fujifilm unveiled its lightest, smallest medium format lens yet. The GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR expands the lineup of lenses available for the GFX series mirrorless medium format cameras, adding an incredibly portable, almost pancake-style 50mm that weighs only 335g (11.8 oz.). With a full-frame equivalent focal length of 40mm and a […]
< Equipment, News, Products, compact, fuji, fujifilm, fujilens, gf50f35, gflens, lens, lensannouncement, lightweight, mediumformat, mediumformatlens, mirrorlessmediumformat, newlens, small >
- Petapixel 16:57July 17, 2019The DJI Ronin-SC is a Smaller, Cheaper 3-Axis Gimbal for Mirrorless CamerasAs expected based on the teaser from earlier this week, DJI has officially announced a new, lighter-weight version of its 3-axis Ronin-S gimbal. The new model is called the Ronin-SC (the C stands for “compact”), and it’s being hailed as a “single-handed stabilizer for mirrorless cameras.” In terms of form factor, you’d be hard pressed […]
< Equipment, News, Products, 3axisgimbal, compact, dji, djironin, djironins, djironinsc, gimbal, lightweight, mirrorless, portable, ronins, roninsc, small, stabilizer >
- Petapixel 17:59July 11, 2019Sigma Debuts 3 Full-Frame Mirrorless Lenses, Including Their First f/1.2 LensOvershadowed slightly by the release of the pocket-sized Sigma fp full-frame mirrorless camera, last night, Sigma also announced three lenses we knew were coming. The full-frame Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/1.2, and 45mm f/2.8 DG DN lenses designed for the L-mount and Sony E-mount. Part of a “newly developed” selection of Art, Contemporary and Sport […]
< Equipment, News, 1424mmf28, 35mmf12, 45mmf28, art, contemporary, emount, f12, femount, fullframe, fullframemirrorless, leica, lensannouncement, lmount, newlens, panasonic, sigma, sony >
- Petapixel 16:28July 11, 2019Sigma Unveils the ‘fp’: The World’s Smallest Full-Frame Mirrorless CameraLast night, in addition to debuting three lenses everybody knew were coming, Sigma revealed something nobody saw coming: the L-mount Sigma fp, “the world’s smallest and lightest ‘pocketable full-frame’ camera.” We’ve known Sigma was working on an L-mount camera ever since the announcement of the L-mount Alliance, but the Sigma fp has taken everybody by […]
< Equipment, Industry, News, announcement, camerannouncement, compact, fullframe, lightweight, lmount, mirrorless, sigma, sigmafp, small >