- FoxNews 00:38July 11, 2020Army's 'Captain America' dies by suicide after nearly a dozen combat toursThe enemy could never break him, but what this decorated Green Beret eventually found was that his enemy was within.
< article, Fox News, Jennifer Griffin, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/military, fox-news/us/military/veterans, fox-news/us/military/army, fox-news/world/conflicts/afghanistan, fox-news/politics/defense/pentagon >
- Business Insider 00:31July 11, 2020Tesla confirms its annual meeting and highly anticipated 'battery day' will be held in-person on September 22 at its Fremont factory (TSLA)Tesla on Friday confirmed its delayed annual investor meeting will happen with an in-person event on September 22, but it doesn't anticipate any "formal stockholder business" to occur.
The company's much awaited "battery day," where it intends to show off its latest in electric powertrain prowess, will also happen the same day, it said in a regulatory filing.
Both events have previously been delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic that's also forced shutdowns of Tesla's factories in California and China.
It's not clear what, exactly, Tesla will show off at the battery event, but CEO Elon Musk has promised it to be one of the "most exciting" in Tesla's history.
The event will be livestreamed.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Tax Day is now July 15 — this is what it's like to do your own taxes for the very first timeSee Also:Elon Musk predicts Tesla will complete the 'basic functionality' needed for fully autonomous driving this year — 4 years after the company started selling 'full self driving' softwareTesla's stock keeps ripping higher — helping Elon Musk get even closer to his 2nd $1.8 billion paydayPanasonic's CEO says Elon Musk is a genius — but can be be 'overly optimistic'
< Tesla, Elon Musk, Tesla battery day, Business News Desk, Shareholder Meeting, TSLA >
- FoxNews 00:30July 11, 2020Goya Foods faces boycott after CEO praises President TrumpCEO Robert Unanue refuses to apologize as politicians, celebrities and social media call for boycott; reaction and analysis on 'The Five.'
< video, 6170829012001, FoxNews.com, Jeanine Pirro, Greg Gutfeld, Dana Perino, Juan Williams, Jesse Watters, fnc, requests/root, on_air, personality/juan_williams, on_air/the_five, personality/dana_perino, primary_politics, personality/greg_gutfeld, personality, special/prime_time, politics, requests, politics/executive_branch/white_house, special/apple_news, politics/executive_branch, special, personality/jeanine_pirro, personality/jesse_watters >
- Forbes 00:25July 11, 2020U.S. Roman Catholic Church Received At Least $1.4 Billion In Taxpayer-Funded PPP LoansAt least $200 million was sent to approximately 40 dioceses that have paid out massive settlements to thousands of sex-abuse victims in recent years.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Policy, /policy, Money, /money, Banking & Insurance, /banking-insurance, Breaking, breaking-news, business, SportsMoney >
- FoxNews 00:23July 11, 2020Armie Hammer, Elizabeth Chambers split after 10 years of marriage: ‘We’ve decided to turn the page’The couple announced the news in a joint statement
< article, Fox News, Julius Young, fnc, fnc/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/events/couples, fox-news/entertainment/celebrity-news, fox-news/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/events/divorce, fox-news/entertainment/events/marriage >
- FoxNews 00:22July 11, 2020Russia calls US’s newest stance on nuclear arms agreement 'undiplomatic,' considers not extendingA top Russian diplomat said Friday that he is not optimistic that the U.S.-Russian nuclear arms agreement will be extended because of Washington’s demands to include China in the proposal.
< article, Fox News, Caitlin McFall, fnc, fnc/world, fox-news/world/world-regions/russia, fox-news/politics/foreign-policy/state-department, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/politics/foreign-policy/nuclear-proliferation, fox-news/us/disasters/nuclear >
- FoxNews 00:21July 11, 2020Wolf: Trump should've shown his tax returns alreadyFox News contributor Robert Wolf weighs in on Supreme Court ruling on Trump's financial records.
< video, 6170827548001, FoxNews.com, Robert Wolf, Neil Cavuto, fnc, personality/neil_cavuto, requests, politics, on_air, primary_politics, on_air/your_world, personality/robert_wolf, requests/booker, politics/elections, politics/elections/2020_presidential_election, personality >
- Forbes 00:14July 11, 2020Amazon Backtracks, Now Says Employees Don't Have To Delete TikTokTech giant Amazon told employees Friday that they should delete the social media app TikTok from any mobile devices that have access to company email but then later backtracked, saying the email was “sent in error.”
< Innovation, /innovation, Innovation, /innovation, Innovation, /innovation, Breaking, breaking-news, technology, games >
- FoxNews 00:04July 11, 2020Immigration advocates, educators slam new ICE rule restricting foreign college students: 'It really has no basis'Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), along with the state of California, have filed a lawsuit over the temporary rule change.
< article, Fox News, Andrew Craft, fnc, fnc/media, fox-news/health/education, fox-news/us/immigration, fox-news/politics, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus >
- Forbes 00:04July 11, 2020Valentina Sampaio Becomes First Trans Model In Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Issue“It’s like a dream,” Sampaio said. “Not just for myself, but for the rest of the LGBTQIA+ community.”
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news, consumer, consumer >
- Business Insider 23:59July 10, 2020Jared Kushner said the US would be 'really rocking again' by July. 7 states are shutting back down, and new COVID-19 cases have set records 6 times in July's first 10 days.Chip Somodevilla/Getty Image Jared Kushner's bold prediction from April about the country "really rocking again" by July has not held up.
In the first 10 days of the month alone, the US has broken its record for single-day coronavirus cases six times.
Seven states have been shutting down aspects of their reopening efforts, while 14 more are pausing their reopenings as the virus surges.
Kushner's bullish economic outlook from his April Fox News hit has not fared much better, with the unemployment rate still sitting at 11.1% and two-thirds of Americans on unemployment earning more than they did at their old jobs.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. It's July, and contrary to Senior White House Adviser Jared Kushner's assurances, the country is not "really rocking again."
Instead, seven states are shutting down aspects of their reopening efforts, rolling back things like indoor dining and closing bars.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Here's what it's like to travel during the coronavirus outbreakSee Also:Reporter tests positive for the coronavirus after attending two White House press briefings with Kayleigh McEnany this weekDuterte says the Philippines won't fully reopen its economy, as a full reopen could put the country in 'deep s---'GOP insiders say the Trump campaign has decided to lean into culture war because it can't make attacks on Biden stick
< coronavirus, Jared Kushner, White House, Reopening the economy, Fox news, >
- Forbes 23:57July 10, 2020Facebook Reportedly Considers Political Ad Ban For 2020 ElectionAdvertisements spreading election-related misinformation were a major issue in 2016.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news >
- FoxNews 23:57July 10, 2020LA coroner rules California teen's shooting death by police a homicideThe Los Angeles County coroner's office determined the fatal shooting of an 18-year-old man by a sheriff's deputy last month in which he was struck five times in the back was a homicide, according to the autopsy report released Friday.
< article, Fox News, Louis Casiano, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/los-angeles, fox-news/us/crime/police-and-law-enforcement, fox-news/us/us-protests, fox-news/us/crime, fox-news/us/crime/homicide >
- Business Insider 23:57July 10, 2020How to publish a suggested highlight on your Instagram profile, or add your current story to an already published highlightYou can add a suggested highlight to your Instagram profile from your profile page or add your current story to a published highlight in a few simple steps.
Highlights help you showcase your stories even after they've disappeared.
Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories. Instagram stories can help you showcase your life, but they disappear after 24 hours. So if you're looking for something more long-term, adding highlights to your profile is a great option.
The process is simple, and it allows you to keep those photos or videos posted and accessible for as long as you want.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: What makes 'Parasite' so shocking is the twist that happens in a 10-minute sequenceSee Also:How to delete an Instagram post permanently or archive it to be restored laterHow to create a custom PowerPoint template to use or share with othersYou can use text-to-speech in the Kindle app on an iPad using an accessibility feature — here's how to turn it onSEE ALSO: The Google Pixel is one of the best Android phones you can buy — here's where you can get one
< Tech How To, Instagram, Instagram app, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card, >
- FoxNews 23:55July 10, 2020Dukakis: We've got to change this government, get Trump out of the White HouseFormer Massachusetts Gov. Michael Dukakis on Joe Biden's campaign and his chances at winning the presidency.
< video, 6170821107001, FoxNews.com, Neil Cavuto, fnc, requests/root, on_air, politics/person/joe_biden, on_air/your_world, primary_politics, personality, politics/elections/2020_presidential_election, personality/neil_cavuto, politics, politics/person, requests, politics/executive_branch/white_house, special/apple_news, politics/executive_branch, special, politics/elections >
- Business Insider 23:55July 10, 2020How to create a new notebook in your Microsoft OneNote appvgajic/Getty Images To create a new notebook in OneNote, click the list of notebooks already in OneNote and then click "Add Notebook."
OneNote creates your first notebook for you automatically when you set up the program.
If you have an older version of OneNote, you can find the new notebook controls in the File menu.
OneNote uses the concept of "notebooks," which you can use to create note-based files and keep your information organized.
Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories. OneNote stores all kinds of notes, written, linked, audio, or video, in notebooks. By creating multiple notebooks, you can keep personal and business information separated or organize all your various projects independently.
OneNote creates your first notebook automatically when you set up the program, but you can add new notebooks easily at any time, whenever you need new ones. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: What makes 'Parasite' so shocking is the twist that happens in a 10-minute sequenceSee Also:How to change your Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow orientation to portrait modeWhat is OneNote? How Microsoft's note-taking app can help you organize your workHow to add notes to your Microsoft PowerPoint slides for presentation reminders or editing collaborationSEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
< Tech How To, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office, Microsoft OneNote, Software, Note-taking apps, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card, >
- FoxNews 23:52July 10, 2020T. Becket Adams accuses mainstream media of pushing 'literal Chinese communist propaganda' amid pandemicThe Washington Examiner's T. Becket Adams took major media outlets to task on Wednesday, accusing them of uncritically relaying propaganda from China, even as that country actively suppressed information about the coronavirus.
< article, Fox News, Sam Dorman, fnc, fnc/media, fox-news/world/world-regions/china, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus, fox-news/media >
- FoxNews 23:47July 10, 2020Mark Cuban doesn't believe Mavericks' jerseys with a social message will be a distractionDallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is optimistic about what the response will be to the social justice message his team will be showcasing on the back of their jerseys once the season resumes later this month.
< article, Fox News, Paulina Dedaj, fnc, fnc/sports, fox-news/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks, fox-news/sports/nba, fox-news/person/george-floyd >
- Business Insider 23:40July 10, 2020How to add or edit a footer in your Microsoft PowerPoint slides for citations or notesHinterhaus Productions/Getty Images You can edit a footer in a PowerPoint presentation to include citations, notes, or disclaimers using a similar method to adding Microsoft Word footnotes.
To edit the footer in your PowerPoint slides, you'll need to access the Header & Footer menu from the Insert tab.
With the "Header & Footer" tool, you can make your footer appear on just one slide, every slide in your presentation, or even every slide except the title slide.
Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories. The ability to add footers in PowerPoint is useful for any number of reasons. You can use it to insert citations and references, notes about what you're saying, disclaimers, a company motto, or even a little joke if you want to make it a fun kind of slideshow.
Adding headers and footers to your PowerPoint slides is easy, even if they're not on the template. You can apply footers to a single slide or all your slides, and even exclude a footer from your title slide. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: We tested a machine that brews beer at the push of a buttonSee Also:How to change your Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow orientation to portrait modeHow to create a custom PowerPoint template to use or share with othersHow to add notes to your Microsoft PowerPoint slides for presentation reminders or editing collaborationSEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
< Tech How To, Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, Microsoft PowerPoint, Presentations, Mac, PC, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card, >
- FoxNews 23:38July 10, 2020Trump declares Democrats ‘party of socialism and worse’ during trip to FloridaPresident Trump, in a roundtable meeting with Venezuelan expatriates in Florida, took aim at the Democrats-- calling them “the party of socialism and worse.”
< article, Fox News, Adam Shaw, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/politics/2020-presidential-election, fox-news/politics/socialism, fox-news/topic/venezuelan-political-crisis >
- FoxNews 23:38July 10, 2020Ayaan Hirsi Ali blasts Ilhan Omar over call to remake US, says 'I don't think we need a revolution'Somalia-born human rights activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali criticized Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Friday over recent comments in which the lawmaker called for "dismantling the whole system of oppression wherever we find it."
< article, Fox News, Charles Creitz, fnc, fnc/media, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/shows/the-daily-briefing-dana-perino, fox-news/person/ilhan-omar, fox-news/politics/socialism, fox-news/us/us-regions/midwest/minnesota, fox-news/us/us-protests >
- FoxNews 23:36July 10, 2020Rep. McCarthy: There is a real chance GOP and Democrats can find common ground on police reofrmHouse Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy discusses efforts for a bipartisan police reform bill.
< video, 6170818156001, FoxNews.com, Bill Hemmer, fnc, requests/root, on_air, primary_politics, on_air/bill_hemmer_reports, us/crime, politics/person/kevin_mccarthy, us, politics/house_representatives/legislation, personality, us/crime/police_law_enforcement, politics, politics/person, requests, politics/house_representatives, personality/bill_hemmer, politics/house_representatives/republicans, politics/house_representatives/democrats >
- Business Insider 23:36July 10, 2020How to draw in Microsoft PowerPoint to create custom designs on slides through the desktop app and onlineYou may want to draw in PowerPoint to mark and edit slideshows, or create your own designs, especially if you're using a touchscreen.
It's easy to draw in Microsoft PowerPoint with the various shape and line tools like the pencil and highlighter available on the app and web versions.
You can access drawing tools in PowerPoint under the "Draw" menu in the "Insert" tab, or use the basic line functions available in the app's "Shapes" menu.
Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories. Learning how to draw in PowerPoint is easy with the program's library of art tools at your disposal.
The Microsoft app gives you access to pens, pencils, and highlighters in the "Draw" tab. You can also add new tools at any time, so your favorite colors are always available in your dock.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: How waste is dealt with on the world's largest cruise shipSee Also:How to change your Microsoft PowerPoint slideshow orientation to portrait modeHow to add page numbers to your PowerPoint slides to organize your presentationHow to add notes to your Microsoft PowerPoint slides for presentation reminders or editing collaborationSEE ALSO: The best computer monitors for drawing in PowerPoint
< Tech How To, Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, Microsoft PowerPoint, Drawing, Presentations, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card, >
- FoxNews 23:35July 10, 2020Colorado CEO chased down Hispanic couple and threatened them with a gun after they took a wrong turn into his drivewayThe CEO of an energy development company in Colorado faces criminal charges after he allegedly held a minority couple at gunpoint after they accidentally turned into his driveway while trying to find the location of their friend's wedding rehearsal party.
< article, Fox News, Vandana Rambaran, fnc, fnc/us, fox-news/us/us-regions/west/colorado, fox-news/us/crime >
- Forbes 23:30July 10, 2020After Muslim Prayer Rug Gaffe, Online Retailer Shein Stokes Outrage For Selling ‘Swastika Pendant Necklace’Earlier in the week, it apologized for selling Muslim prayer mats as decorative rugs.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Leadership, /leadership, Diversity & Inclusion, /diversity-inclusion, Breaking, breaking-news, Billionaires, Billionaires >
- Forbes 23:25July 10, 2020Pediatrics Association Slams Trump Argument For Reopening SchoolsThe Trump administration has used the AAP’s previous guidance as the basis of its push to reopen schools full-time amid the pandemic.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news >
- FoxNews 23:19July 10, 2020Immigration advocates, educators slam new ICE rule restricting foreign college students: 'It really has no basis'Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), along with the state of California, have filed a lawsuit over the temporary rule change and immigration advocates and higher education insiders are confident emergency court relief is coming soon since the school year is fast approaching.
< video, 6170813449001, FoxNews.com, Andrew Craft, fnc, web_exclusives/digital_originals, web_exclusives, 3play_processed, primary_politics, us/education, us, us/education/college, personality, media, personality/andrew_craft >
- Forbes 23:19July 10, 2020Sen. Josh Hawley Attacks NBA For Protest Policies, Igniting Profane Response From ESPN ReporterESPN’s top NBA reporter was forced to apologize for a profane email message he sent to the Missouri senator.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Business, /business, Breaking, breaking-news >
- Forbes 23:19July 10, 2020How Colleges And Students Are Battling ICE’s New Crackdown On Foreign StudentsUnder the recently announced Immigration and Customs Enforcement rules, international students have to take in-person classes in order to stay in the U.S.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Leadership, /leadership, Education, /education, Breaking, breaking-news >
- FoxNews 23:09July 10, 2020Jada Pinkett Smith admits to 'relationship' with August Alsina while separated from Will SmithAs promised, Jada Pinkett Smith took herself to the Red Table.
< article, Fox News, Jessica Napoli, fnc, fnc/entertainment, fox-news/person/jada-pinkett-smith, fox-news/person/will-smith, fox-news/entertainment/events/couples, fox-news/entertainment/celebrity-news, fox-news/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/events/marriage >
- FoxNews 23:09July 10, 2020Trump threatens tax exempt status for schools over ‘radical left indoctrination'President Donald Trump is threatening tax exempt status and funding for colleges and universities over ‘radical left indoctrination’
< video, 6170811772001, FoxNews.com, fnc, web_exclusives/digital_originals, web_exclusives, web_exclusives/digital_originals/evergreen, 3play_same_day >
- FoxNews 23:08July 10, 2020Meghan McCain decries 'weird & callous' Goya boycott over CEO's praise of Trump"The View" co-host Meghan McCain argued on Twitter Friday that it was "weird & callous" to attempt a boycott of Goya Foods over its CEO's praise of Trump at a White House event.
< article, Fox News, Sam Dorman, fnc, fnc/media, fox-news/person/meghan-mccain, fox-news/politics/executive/white-house, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/food-drink, fox-news/us/economy >
- Business Insider 23:07July 10, 2020How to add Grammarly to your Microsoft Outlook app and get advanced spelling and grammar corrections for your emailsYou can add Grammarly to Outlook in seconds with a simple installer.
Once added to Outlook, Grammarly will review your emails for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes.
Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories. Similar to spelling and grammar checker built into word processors, Grammarly is a free writing app that offers real-time feedback and suggestions on your writing.
In addition to web browsers, you can easily add Grammarly to Microsoft Outlook. To do that, you simply need to install the Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Office. This will allow you to use Grammarly while writing in Word documents or Outlook emails.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Why American sunscreens may not be protecting you as much as European sunscreensSee Also:How to add page numbers to your PowerPoint slides to organize your presentationHow to create a custom PowerPoint template to use or share with othersHow to delete a slide in your PowerPoint presentation or delete an entire section of slides at onceSEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
< Tech How To, Grammarly, Outlook, Microsoft Outlook, Grammar, Spelling, Microsoft, Email, Windows, PC, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiliate How To, product card, >
- FoxNews 23:03July 10, 2020Trump expected to commute Roger Stone sentence, days before prison term set to beginPresident Trump is expected to announce that he will commute Roger Stone’s sentence, just days before the longtime political operative is slated to report to prison to serve more than three years for charges stemming from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, Fox News has learned.
< article, Fox News, Brooke Singman, John Roberts, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/person/roger-stone, fox-news/news-events/russia-investigation, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/person/robert-mueller >
- FoxNews 23:03July 10, 2020Thomas Rhett says quarantine is a ‘blessing in disguise’ because of extra family timeThomas Rhett recently revealed he’s grateful for quarantine because it’s allowed him more time with his wife Lauren Akins and their three daughters: Willa Gray, 4, Ada James, 2, and Lennon Love, 5.
< article, Fox News, Naledi Ushe, fnc, fnc/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/celebrity-news, fox-news/entertainment, fox-news/entertainment/genres/country, fox-news/entertainment/music, fox-news/entertainment/genres/family, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus >
- Forbes 23:01July 10, 2020Dow Jumps 350 Points After Gilead Says Remdesivir Coronavirus Treatment Reduces Risk Of DeathThe market finished higher as investors cheered positive coronavirus vaccine news.
< Markets, /markets, Money, /money, Markets, /markets, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Investing, /investing, Personal Finance, /personal-finance, Retirement, /retirement, Banking & Insurance, /banking-insurance, ETFs & Mutual Funds, /etfs-mutual-funds, Hedge Funds & Private Equity, /hedge-funds-private-equity, Wealth Management, /wealth-management, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, Business, Business >
- Forbes 22:59July 10, 2020The Trade Deal May Be Dead, Trump Says China Relationship ‘Severely Damaged’The coronavirus pandemic has derailed a phase two trade agreement, Trump said.
< Markets, /markets, Money, /money, Markets, /markets, Asia, /asia, Business, /business, Leadership, /leadership, CFO Network, /cfo-network, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Banking & Insurance, /banking-insurance, ETFs & Mutual Funds, /etfs-mutual-funds, Hedge Funds & Private Equity, /hedge-funds-private-equity, Investing, /investing, Taxes, /taxes, Wealth Management, /wealth-management, Personal Finance, /personal-finance, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, Business, Business >
- Business Insider 22:55July 10, 2020How to add a Gmail account to your Outlook email interface on a Mac or PCYou can use Outlook with Gmail and other email accounts by adding those accounts to your Outlook client.
You can add your Gmail account to Outlook using both a PC and a Mac, but the process is slightly different between the two.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. If you have a Gmail account, but prefer to use the Microsoft Outlook interface for your email communications, you're in luck.
Outlook allows you to add your Gmail account to your Outlook account so that you can access both simultaneously within Outlook. See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Why YETI coolers are so expensiveSee Also:How to delete a slide in your PowerPoint presentation or delete an entire section of slides at onceHow to add page numbers to your PowerPoint slides to organize your presentationHow to create a custom PowerPoint template to use or share with othersSEE ALSO: The best all-in-one PCs you can buy
< Tech How To, Mac, PC Apps, Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, BI-freelancer, Newsroom Affiilate How To, product card, >
- Forbes 22:43July 10, 2020Famished NYC Rats Are Harassing Outdoor DinersAn expert says they are emboldened by starvation.
< Business, /business, Business, /business, Innovation, /innovation, Healthcare, /healthcare, Food & Drink, /food-drink, News, news, Breaking, breaking-news, Coronavirus, coronavirus, under 30, under 30 >
- The Guardian(UK) 22:42July 10, 2020Vast Brexit customs clearance centre to be built in KentExclusive: council given only hours’ notice of emergency purchase of 1.2m sq ft ‘Mojo’ siteThe government has secretly purchased nine hectares (22 acres) of land 20 miles from Dover to site a vast new Brexit customs clearance centre for the 10,000 lorries that come through the Kent port from Calais every day.It will be the first customs post erected in the UK dealing with goods coming from the EU for 27 years. Continue reading...
< Brexit, UK news, International trade, Boris Johnson, Road transport, Transport, Business, European Union, Europe, Foreign policy >
- The Daily Beast 22:38July 10, 2020Ghislaine Maxwell Was Never Hiding From Prosecutors, Hadn’t Seen Epstein for a Decade: Lawyervia ReutersGhislaine Maxwell, the longtime Jeffrey Epstein confidant accused of helping him sexually abused underaged girls, had not been hiding from prosecutors since the pedophile billionaire’s jailhouse suicide in August—but from an “unrelenting and intrusive media,” her lawyers claimed in a Friday memo. “She did not flee, but rather left the public eye, for the entirely understandable purpose of protecting herself and those close to her from the crush of media and online attention and its very real harms—those close to her have suffered the loss of jobs, work opportunities, and reputational damage simply for knowing her,” her lawyers wrote in a Friday memo responding to a prosecutorial request that she remain in custody until her trial. Maxwell, 58, is being held in a New York federal detention facility after being charged with alleging enticing minors, some as young as 14, to engage in illegal sex acts with Epstein in the mid-1990s. She was arrested at an ultra-secluded New Hampshire mansion on July 2. Read more at The Daily Beast.
< U.S. News >
- The Guardian 22:31July 10, 2020Over 40 Florida hospitals max out ICU capacity as Covid-19 cases surge across USCoronavirus infections rising in 41 states, including less densely populated areasCoronavirus cases are rising across the US, some regional hospitals are filling up and some of America’s most populous places are seeing record deaths as the pandemic surges.At the same time, as some states reverse reopening plans, public health interventions such as encouraging people to wear public face coverings and closing schools have become increasingly politicized and divisive. Continue reading...
< US news, Coronavirus outbreak, Florida, Arizona, Texas, Donald Trump >
- FoxNews 22:30July 10, 2020On the roster: Biden battles Trump for Rust Belt backersJoe Biden challenges President Trump in rust belt states.
< article, Fox News, Chris Stirewalt, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/columns/fox-news-halftime-report >
- FoxNews 22:29July 10, 2020West Virginia schools target Sept. 8 for reopening after coronavirus closings, governor saysWest Virginia Gov. Jim Justice announced Friday that the state will tentatively reopen schools for in-person learning in September after the coronavirus closings.
< article, Fox News, Brooke Singman, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/us/school-reopening-plans, fox-news/politics, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus >
- FoxNews 22:28July 10, 2020New York to send coronavirus treatment Remdesivir to Florida amid surge in cases, Cuomo saysNew York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that he would send the COVID-19 medication Remdesivir to Florida as the state struggles with a resurgence of positive cases of the novel coronavirus.
< article, Fox News, Brooke Singman, fnc, fnc/politics, fox-news/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus, fox-news/person/andrew-cuomo, fox-news/us/us-regions/southeast/florida >
- FoxNews 22:25July 10, 2020Liz Peek says Trump campaign must get 'succinct and coherent campaign message' out to votersFox News contributor Liz Peek told “Outnumbered Overtime” Friday that she found it “astonishing” that the Trump campaign does not have a short, coherent message prepared to appeal to voters.
< article, Fox News, Joshua Nelson, fnc, fnc/media, fox-news/media/fox-news-flash, fox-news/shows/outnumbered-overtime, fox-news/politics/2020-presidential-election, fox-news/politics/elections, fox-news/person/donald-trump, fox-news/person/joe-biden, fox-news/politics/elections/campaigning/trump-2020-campaign >
- FoxNews 22:24July 10, 2020Grubhub releases ‘State of the Plate’ results to show trending food ordersMeal delivery services like Grubhub have seen significant growth this year as the coronavirus pandemic has forced many Americans to stay home and closed sit-down dining.
< article, Fox News, James Leggate, fnc, fnc/lifestyle, fox-news/food-drink, fox-news/food-drink/food, fox-news/tech >
- Forbes 22:18July 10, 2020Amazon Tells Employees To Delete TikTok From Mobile Devices Citing 'Security Risks'In an email, the company cites "security risks" as the reason to remove the app by Friday, though, it notes that, "At this time, using TikTok from your Amazon laptop browser is allowed."
< Innovation, /innovation, Innovation, /innovation, Breaking, breaking-news, technology, games >
- Business Insider 22:18July 10, 2020FedEx reportedly threatens to remove signage from the Washington Redskins' home stadium unless the team changes its name (FDX)Drew Angerer/Getty Images FedEx issued a one-sentence statement on July 2 urging the Washington Redskins to change their name.
The Washington Post reported Friday that the company also sent a letter to the team's general counsel threatening to remove signage if the name isn't changed.
In the past week — fueled by renewed race conversations in the US on a national level — multiple major retailers said they would stop selling the team's merchandise.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. On the same day that a one-sentence statement from FedEx renewed conversations about the Washington Redskins' offensive team name and sparked the removal of branded apparel from some of the US largest retailers, the logistics giant was pushing even more forcefully behind the scenes.
The Washington Post reported Friday that FedEx's general counsel sent a letter on July 2 to the Redskins' top lawyers threatening to remove its corporate logos from the team's stadium, FedExField, if the team did not change its mascot.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: What makes 'Parasite' so shocking is the twist that happens in a 10-minute sequenceSee Also:Tesla's stock keeps ripping higher — helping Elon Musk get even closer to his 2nd $1.8 billion paydayPanasonic's CEO says Elon Musk is a genius — but can be be 'overly optimistic'Elon Musk's Boring Company is hosting a competition to see who can dig tunnels faster than a snail
< FedEx, Washington Redskins, Redskins, Business News Desk, FDX >
- FoxNews 21:33July 10, 2020Philadelphia Union players wear names of Black victims of police brutality on jerseys at MLS tournamentPhiladelphia Union players honored Black victims of police brutality by wearing their last names on the back of their jerseys during the club’s first match of the MLS is Back Tournament on Thursday.
< article, Fox News, Paulina Dedaj, fnc, fnc/sports, fox-news/sports/soccer, fox-news/person/george-floyd >