- Huffington Post UK 20:06December 12, 2019What We Taught Our Kids On Polling Day: 'It's Vital They Know It's Important'
< Children, Politics, Parenting, general election, how to raise a kid, children, politics, parenting, general-election, how-to-raise-a-kid, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 16:21December 12, 2019No, I Don't Have A Favourite Child. But I Do Have A 'Primary' One
< uk parents, mums, Dads, Parenting, how to raise a kid, life as a parent, parents, dads, parenting, how-to-raise-a-kid, life-as-a-parent, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 12:36December 12, 20197 Signs You've Raised A Spoiled Child (And What To Do About It)
< Children, Family and Relationships, Parenting, how to raise a kid, Spoiled child, children, family-and-relationships, parenting, how-to-raise-a-kid, spoiled-child, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00December 12, 2019Are We There Yet? 5 Secrets To Drama-Free Christmas Travel With Kids
< uk parents, Family, Children, family time, travel, screentime, parents, family, children, family-time, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 13:11December 11, 2019Chrissy Teigen Reveals How Celebs Get Through Airports So Damn Quickly
< uk parents, Children, celebrity parents, travel, air travel, Chrissy Teigen, parents, children, celebrity-parents, air-travel, chrissy-teigen, PARENTS, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 11, 201950 Funny Tweets About Decorating For Chrismas
< uk comedy, Christmas, life as a parent, comedy, christmas, life-as-a-parent, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00December 10, 20195 Self-Help Books For Parents That Mums And Dads Say Actually Work
< uk parents, wellbeing, Toddlers, Sleep, books, how to raise a kid, Self Help, parents, toddlers, sleep, how-to-raise-a-kid, self-help, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 16:14December 9, 2019The Funniest Tweets From Parents This Week
< Twitter, Family and Relationships, Parenting, Best Parenting Tweets, tweet, tweets of the week, dad tweets, mom tweets, funniest tweets from parents, ketchup, Plate dishware, twitter, family-and-relationships, parenting, best-parenting-tweets, tweets-of-the-week, dad-tweets, mom-tweets, funniest-tweets-from-parents, plate-dishware, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00December 9, 2019Elf On The Shelf Ideas 2019: 7 Creations To Get Through Week Two
< Children, Christmas, life as a parent, The Elf On The Shelf, children, christmas, life-as-a-parent, the-elf-on-the-shelf, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00December 6, 2019Why The Year Your Kid Finally Understands Christmas Is So Brilliant
< Family, Children, Christmas, family time, santa, life as a parent, family, children, christmas, family-time, life-as-a-parent, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 13:06December 2, 2019The 4 Issues Co-Parents Face At Christmas – And How To Fix Them
< uk parents, Children, uk lifestyle, Christmas, family time, Parents, divorce, uk family christmas, parents, children, lifestyle, christmas, family-time, family-christmas, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 03:01December 2, 2019Elf On The Shelf: 7 Ideas To Get Through Week One
< Christmas, family time, elf on the shelf, christmas, family-time, elf-on-the-shelf, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 30, 2019Brits Are Hosting Gender Reveal Parties – But Are They Outdated?
< uk parents, Pregnancy, parents-to-be, gender stereotypes, gender reveal, parents, pregnancy, gender-stereotypes, gender-reveal, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 10:52November 29, 2019The Elf On The Shelf Calendar Is Now On Sale On Amazon
< Finds, Christmas, family time, elf on the shelf, finds, christmas, family-time, elf-on-the-shelf, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 29, 2019No, Your Kid Can't Be Your Best Friend – And This Is Why
< uk parents, Family, Children, Mental Health, wellbeing, teenagers, parents, family, children, mental-health, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 28, 2019Screaming Baby Next Door? I've Been On Both Sides Of That Wall
< uk parents, Babies, parent voices, mums, wellbeing, neighbours, parents, babies, parent-voices, PARENTS, Life, life >
- Business Insider 17:30November 27, 2019'Helicopter parenting' can lead to burnout for kids, a new study findsMichael H/Getty A new study from Florida State University found that overparenting can negatively impact children — and even result in burnout.
After surveying more than 400 college students, researchers found that helicopter parenting was more associated with burnout.
In particular, helicopter parenting had an adverse effect when it came from fathers.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories. Here's a lesson for parents — especially those too close to their children.
Those "overparenting" — or helicopter parenting, where parents are overly focused on their children and therefore guilty of excessive parenting — might want to loosen their grip on their kids' lives, as a new study from Florida State University found that overparenting can have a negative effect on children and can contribute to burnout once they enter the workforce.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Taylor Swift is the world's highest-paid celebrity. Here's how she makes and spends her $360 million.See Also:Research suggests that boredom can be bad for your health —and some people experience it more often than othersThe 9 habits of highly employable peopleA neuroscientist's advice for combating stress this holiday seasonSEE ALSO: 10 things mentally strong parents do with their children
< Ladders, Contributor, contributor 2019, Parenting, Parenting Advice, helicopter parents, Burnout, >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 27, 2019These Raw Photos Show The Beauty Of C-Section Birth
< uk parents, Parents, birth, photos, cesarean section, parents, cesarean-section, PARENTS >
- Breitbart News 04:39November 27, 2019‘Sex Ed Showdown’: Parents Defeat Planned Parenthood in Blue MassachusettsParents and church leaders in Worcester, Massachusetts, joined with Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) to defeat a Planned Parenthood-implemented sex-ed curriculum in public schools.
< Education, Faith, Politics, abstinence education, churches, comprehensive sex education, Massachusetts, Massachusetts Family Institute, parents, Planned Parenthood, sex ed, sex education, Worcester >
- Huffington Post UK 12:51November 25, 2019We're Trying To Raise Our Child Genderfluid. Here's What We've Learned In The Process.
< parent voices, Personal, gender stereotypes, gender, parent-voices, personal, gender-stereotypes, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 12:08November 25, 2019The Funniest Tweets From Parents This Week
< uk parents, Twitter, Family and Relationships, Best Parenting Tweets, tweet, tweets of the week, dad tweets, mom tweets, funniest tweets, funniest tweets from parents, parents, twitter, family-and-relationships, best-parenting-tweets, tweets-of-the-week, dad-tweets, mom-tweets, funniest-tweets, funniest-tweets-from-parents, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 24, 2019Divorce Is Contagious. Here's Why
< Family, Women, Sex, Men, Marriage, Relationships, family, women, sex, men, marriage, relationships, LIFE, lifestyle, Parents, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 24, 2019Gabby Logan: 'I Don't Believe People Who Say They Don't Have Time To Exercise'
< uk parents, Health, Family, Children, Mental Health, fitness, wellbeing, uk sport, Relationships, What Works For Me, Gabby Logan, terry yorath, parents, health, family, children, mental-health, sport, relationships, what-works-for-me, gabby-logan, terry-yorath, LIFE, lifestyle, Parents >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 23, 2019I Don't Hide My Body From My Kids. There's No Shame In Being Naked
< uk parents, Children, Women, parent voices, mums, wellbeing, Body Image, parents, children, women, parent-voices, body-image, PARENTS >
- The Guardian(UK) 18:47November 22, 2019Revealed: concerns over string of incidents at UK prison where baby diedAt least four prisoners at HMP Bronzefield have given birth in potentially unsafe circumstances since 2017Pregnant in prison: ‘I could feel the blood but didn’t put the light on to see’The death of a newborn baby girl in a cell at HMP Bronzefield in September came after a string of concerning incidents involving pregnant women at the prison in the past two years, the Guardian has learned.On at least four occasions in this period, women held at the privately run Surrey prison have given birth in distressing and potentially unsafe circumstances, including one woman who gave birth in her cell and another who was left in labour at night-time supported only by another pregnant prisoner. Continue reading...
< Prisons and probation, Society, UK criminal justice, Pregnancy, Law, UK news, Childbirth, Women, Parents and parenting >
- Huffington Post UK 15:41November 22, 201911 Charming Quotes About Fatherhood From Ryan Gosling
< uk parents, Family, celebrity parents, Dads, Ryan Gosling, eva mendes, parents, family, celebrity-parents, dads, ryan-gosling, eva-mendes, PARENTS, Entertainment, entertainment >
- Huffington Post UK 14:54November 22, 2019Best Black Friday Baby Deals On Clothes, Prams And More
< Babies, Finds, Black Friday, babies, finds, black-friday, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 13:11November 22, 2019These Metal Dads Are A Bunch Of Massive Softies – And We Love It
< uk parents, Children, Babies, Dads, Music, Metal, parents, children, babies, dads, music, metal, PARENTS, Entertainment, entertainment, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 22, 2019Half Of All Women Will Become Carers By 46 – I'm Just One Of Them
< Health, Family, Relationships, work, alzheimer's disease, elderly, health, family, relationships, work, alzheimers-disease, LIFE, lifestyle, Parents, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 21, 2019Why Dads Deserve A Break Sometimes. No, Actually, A Real One
< uk parents, Children, family time, mums, Dads, parents, children, family-time, dads, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 21, 2019We Were Mothers When We Had Abortions – These Are Our Stories
< uk parents, Health, Women, Mental Health, mums, Women's Health, Abortion, parents, health, women, mental-health, womens-health, abortion, LIFE, lifestyle >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 20, 2019My Swiss Army Knife Is Full On Dadcore And I Don't Even Care
< uk parents, Finds, mums, Dads, Home and Garden, parents, finds, dads, home-and-garden, PARENTS, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 20, 2019Birth Diaries: ‘I Felt A Warm Gush, Then Blood Hit The Wall’
< uk parents, Women, mums, birth, birth diaries, parents, women, birth-diaries, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 20, 2019Candid Quotes About Fatherhood From Idris Elba
< Parents, Dads, idris elba, parents, dads, idris-elba, PARENTS >
- Business Insider 18:45November 19, 2019A trans dad underwent $30,000 worth of fertility treatments to have a baby. He says his insurance company refused to pay.Pregnantish Seth is a transgender man who underwent fertilization treatments in order to conceive a child with his wife.
Though he got a new job to ensure his fertility treatments would be covered by his insurance, the company refused to pay for the treatments.
Seth appeared on an episode of Pregnantish, a new podcast hosted by Andrea Syrtash that features people who have had "unconventional paths to parenthood," to talk about his experience.
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Like many young men looking to start families with their partners, Seth wanted to have biological children with his wife. Because he's transgender, he planned on undergoing in vitro fertilization — the process of extracting his eggs so they could be fertilized outside the body — with his wife carrying the baby to term.
But IVF is not a cheap procedure, with one round of medications averaging about $20,000. Seth took a job that came with insurance that covered the procedure, but when it came time to foot the bill, he was denied coverage — costing him and his wife about $30,000, a total they are still working to pay off today.See the rest of the story at Business InsiderNOW WATCH: Taylor Swift is the world's highest-paid celebrity. Here's how she makes and spends her $360 million.See Also:A model didn't realize she was pregnant until she was giving birth, but 'cryptic pregnancies' happen more often than you might thinkA vegan mom said she was ‘in tears wanting to eat a steak or hamburger’ while pregnant, and her craving isn’t unusualI have a PhD in immunology and this is how I keep my daughter from getting sick during the winter
< Pregnantish, Pregnancy, Transgender, Trans parents, Out Insider, Parenting, Sex and Relationships, >
- Huffington Post UK 12:02November 19, 2019My Mental Health Struggles Made Me A Better Dad
< Health, Mental Health, parent voices, Dads, Personal, anorexia, health, mental-health, parent-voices, dads, personal, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 12:01November 19, 2019I'm Sick Of The Sexism My Husband, A Stay-At-Home Dad, Still Endures
< new parents, parent voices, Dads, Personal, new-parents, parent-voices, dads, personal, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 19, 2019'I Sobbed Uncontrollably': The Moment Dads Truly Bonded With Their Kids
< uk parents, new parents, parent voices, family time, Dads, birth, parents, new-parents, parent-voices, family-time, dads, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 12:58November 18, 2019I’m An Introvert, But Here’s Why I Gave In And Made ‘Mum Friends’
< new parents, parent voices, Personal, friendship, new-parents, parent-voices, personal, PARENTS, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 11:16November 18, 2019The Funniest Tweets From Parents This Week
< uk parents, Children, parent voices, family time, Best Parenting Tweets, parents, children, parent-voices, family-time, best-parenting-tweets, PARENTS >
- Guardian 09:00November 18, 2019Foetus 18 Weeks: the greatest photograph of the 20th century?In the 1950s, photojournalist Lennart Nilsson set out to capture the earliest stages of existence. His foetus images seized the public imagination – and sparked a controversy that has raged ever sinceIn April 1965, Life magazine put a photograph called Foetus 18 Weeks on its cover and caused a sensation. The issue was a spectacular success, the fastest-selling copy in Life’s entire history. In full colour and crystal clear detail, the picture showed a foetus in its amniotic sac, with its umbilical cord winding off to the placenta. The unborn child, floating in a seemingly cosmic backdrop, appears vulnerable yet serene. Its eyes are closed and its tiny, perfectly formed fists are clutched to its chest.Capturing that most universal of subjects, our own creation, Foetus 18 Weeks was one of the 20th century’s great photographs, as emotive as it was technically impressive, even by today’s standards. And its impact was enormous, growing into something its creator struggled to control, as the image was hijacked by the fledgling anti-abortion movement. Continue reading...
< Photography, Pregnancy, Reproduction, Parents and parenting, Women, Culture, Reproductive rights, Abortion, Health & wellbeing, Family, Art and design, Art, Life and style, Health, Society, Magazines, Newspapers & magazines, Media, Science, Biology >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 17, 2019What's The Deal With Generation Alpha?
< uk parents, Family, Millennials, Baby Boomers, generation x, Generation Z, parents, family, millennials, baby-boomers, generation-x, generation-z, PARENTS, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 13:53November 15, 2019Overthinking The Gruffalo – Or What Happens When You Read The Same Children's Book 100 Times
< uk parents, family time, books, Books and Publishing, cartoons, The Gruffalo, Julia Donaldson, parents, family-time, books-and-publishing, the-gruffalo, julia-donaldson, PARENTS, Life, life >
- Huffington Post UK 12:22November 15, 2019Groom Makes The Most Heartfelt Vows To His 9-Year-Old Stepdaughter
< uk parents, Family, Children, weddings, Relationships, parents, family, children, relationships, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 21:13November 14, 2019Parents More Likely To Vote Labour Than Tory At General Election, Poll Suggests
< uk news, labour party, conservative party, General election 2019, news, labour-party, conservative-party, general-election-2019, POLITICS, politics, Parents, parents >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 14, 201940 Hilariously Real Tweets About Gender Reveals
< uk comedy, Babies, Pregnancy, Parents, parents-to-be, comedy, babies, pregnancy, parents, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 10:00November 13, 2019Birth Diaries: ‘An Unexpected Guest Crashed My Baby Shower And Brought The Perfect Gift’
< uk parents, mums, birth, birth diaries, baby shower, parents, birth-diaries, baby-shower, PARENTS >
- Huffington Post UK 09:00November 13, 2019I Never Imagined Being A Grandmother At 35. Here's How It Changed My Life
< parent voices, Relationships, Personal, grandparents, life as a parent, parent-voices, relationships, personal, life-as-a-parent, PARENTS, parents >
- Business Insider 01:13November 13, 201922 thoughtful gifts for new parents that they'll actually want to useParachute Looking for a gift idea for a friend, cousin, or coworker who just had a baby? We've got you covered.
From baby Allbirds (aka "Smallbirds") to a flexible and comfortable carrying sling that a few parents at Business Insider swear by, we've got 22 ideas for every budget.
Looking for more gift ideas? We've got you covered with the ultimate list of holiday gift guides. Gifts for new parents tend to be a little different than the ones you get for the baby shower. They're a bit less necessary, erring more on the side of fun and cute — which are the best kinds of gifts to give if you ask us.
Though you can never go wrong with the gift of diapers (and yes, we included those in this list), it's a lot more satisfying to give a gift you know they'll cherish for years to come — and we've got plenty of those, too. This list includes a Sponsored Product that has been suggested by Parachute; it also meets our editorial criteria in terms of quality and value.*
A matching pair of sneakers from their favorite startup
Allbirds Smallbirds, available at Allbirds, $55
No, we're not lying... popular shoe startup Allbirds really calls their baby shoes "Smallbirds" and it's giving us cuteness overload. They come is sizes 5T to 10T.
A pillow spray to help them get a good night's sleep
ThisWorks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, available on Amazon, $28
When new parents finally get a chance to catch up on some rest, they'll love having a little something to help them fall into a deeper and more relaxed sleep. A lovely blend of lavender, chamomile, and vetivert gives this pillow spray its relaxing scent. One of our reporters swears by it for a better night's sleep.
A cleverly designed towel that quickly dries and comforts babies
Parachute Hooded Baby Towel, available at Parachute, $29
Parachute's line of baby sheets and towels is cuter than we could have imagined. As a gift, we love this all-over hooded towel for a quick yet cozy dry time.
*Sponsored by Parachute
See the rest of the story at Business InsiderSee Also:25 hidden gems on Amazon that make thoughtful and personal gifts for anyone on your list50 gifts under $50 for everyone on your list37 unique subscription boxes and services that keep on givingSEE ALSO: All of Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guides for 2019
< Gift Ideas, Parents, Insider Picks 2019, Insider Picks Holiday Gift Guides, Insider Picks Gift Guides, >
- Huffington Post UK 13:47November 12, 2019How To Keep The Peace With Your (Not So Royal) Family This Christmas
< uk parents, Family, Babies, Christmas, Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Relationships, royal family, grandparents, parents, family, babies, christmas, meghan-markle, prince-harry, relationships, royal-family, LIFE, lifestyle, Parents >