- Breitbart News 01:14June 14, 2021Federal Judge Halts Biden’s $4B Plan to Compensate Farmers Based on RaceA federal judge issued a temporary restraining order halting President Joe Biden’s $4 billion loan forgiveness program for minority farmers.
< Politics, Social Justice, American Rescue Plan, discrimination, Farmers, Joe Biden, lawsuit, loan forgiveness, minorities, USDA >
- Business Insider 08:49June 12, 2021USDA says it'll continue to fight to pay off loans for Black farmers despite lawsuit on behalf of white farmersThe Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty waged the lawsuit in April on behalf of white farmers who said it was discriminatory towards them.
< Law, Politics, Farmers, USDA, Black farmers, American Rescue Plan >
- Business Insider 16:59June 10, 2021Dozens of states are about to slash unemployment benefits. The move is a painful gut punch for millions of Americans who will be unable to pay their bills.The "choice" of whether to return to or accept a job that won't pay enough to cover the most essential expenses really isn't a choice at all.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, Politics, Unemployment benefits, Policy, American Rescue Plan, Unemployment, Economy, Commentary Freelancer >
- Business Insider 20:49June 4, 2021The GOP said enhanced unemployment benefits were stopping folks from taking jobs. The US saw sharp payroll growth last month anyway.GOP-led states are ending unemployment benefits early because they argue they disincentivized work, but May still saw a spike in payroll growth.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Politics, Unemployment benefits, Payroll, Jobs, Labor, labor shortage, Biden, American Rescue Plan, Unemployment, Unemployment insurance >
- Breitbart News 06:31June 4, 2021Mike Pence: Joe Biden Campaigned ‘as a Moderate’ but He's ‘Most Liberal President Since FDR’Former Vice President Mike Pence during a speech Thursday in New Hampshire blasted the policies of President Joe Biden, observing the president had gone from campaigning “as a moderate” to becoming “the most liberal president since FDR.”
< Midterm Election, Politics, American Rescue Plan, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Mike Pence, New Hampshire, Republican Party >
- Business Insider 23:15May 27, 2021Biden slams Republicans for 'bragging' about his coronavirus stimulus plan they voted against: 'Some people have no shame'Biden pulled out a list of Republican lawmakers who are touting measures of his American Rescue Plan, even though they refused to support it.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, COVID-19, coronavirus, American Rescue Plan, Infrastructure, Jobs >
- Business Insider 18:57May 27, 202114 Democratic state treasurers caution Congress against 'clawing back' stimulus funds for infrastructureAs the GOP floats the repurposing of unused stimulus money to fund infrastructure, state treasurers oppose it.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Infrastructure, American Rescue Plan, Shelley Moore Capito, Biden, state treasurers, state and local governments, Stimulus, Bernie Sanders, Marty Walsh >
- New York Magazine 15:00May 26, 2021When Will Congress Move on Biden’s Agenda?Democrats’ timetable has slowed, as they are pursuing bipartisan deals and haven’t settled on a legislative strategy. But it will be a busy summer.
< politics, joe biden, reconciliation, american rescue plan, american jobs plan, american families plan, taxes, donald trump, police reform, immigration reform, gun safety legislation, voting rights, congress, congressional democrats, congressional republicans, chuck schumer, nancy pelosi, byrd rule, joe manchin, infrastructure, highway bill, endless frontier act >
- Business Insider 22:54May 19, 2021Only half of rural voters know that Democrats voted to send them stimulus checks, new poll findsAlthough not a single Republican voted for Biden's American Rescue Plan, only half of rural voters credit Democrats for stimulus payments.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Economy, Politics, Policy, Biden, Stimulus, stimulus check, Rural, rural america, Democrats, American Rescue Plan, Donald Trump, Infrastructure >
- Business Insider 22:01May 18, 20213.5 million workers are at risk of losing their unemployment benefits as Republican governors cut pandemic aidSix of the seven states with a minimum wage of $7.25 are ending federal unemployment early, cutting off $300 per week from unemployed and gig workers.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Unemployment, Unemployment aid, Unemployment benefits, Biden administration, Department of Labor, Policy, pandemic unemployment assistance, American Rescue Plan, Greg Abbott, Texas >
- Business Insider 17:00May 18, 2021Move aside hot vax summer. Biden is bringing hot tax summer to the US.As infrastructure talks heat up, who's paying and who's receiving taxes is set for the spotlight. This July, families will start getting checks.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Taxes, tax increase, Child tax credit, Child tax credit 2021, Capital gains tax, Corporate Tax Rate, Infrastructure, infrastructure spending, Policy, American Rescue Plan, American Families Plan, American Jobs Plan, corporate tax reform, Corporate taxes, Child tax credits, Earned Income Tax Credit >
- Business Insider 00:06May 18, 2021Texas is the biggest GOP-led state to end federal unemployment benefits, cutting off an estimated 1.3 million from $8.8 billion in aidTexas joins 19 other GOP-led states in ending federal unemployment benefits early. It's by far the biggest Republican state to terminate the benefit.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Texas, Unemployment benefits, pua, pandemic unemployment assistance, Unemployment, Unemployment aid, Policy, Greg Abbott, American Rescue Plan >
- Business Insider 00:11May 11, 2021Biden said he'll cut down on unemployment benefits, but he really might reinstate a pre-pandemic job-seeking policyDefending the unemployment program after April's jobs reports, Biden said he'll work with states to reimpose work-search requirements.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, American Rescue Plan, Unemployment benefits, Unemployment insurance, Unemployment aid, Unemployment, labor shortage, Jobs Report, Department of Labor >
- Business Insider 00:04May 11, 2021Some GOP states are moving to end federal unemployment benefits, which could impact at least 276,000 workersRepublican-governed states moving to end federal benefits two months early could affect hundreds of thousands, an unemployment expert told Insider.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Unemployment, Unemployment aid, Unemployment benefits, labor shortage, Policy, Greg Gianforte, Montana, Indiana, South Carolina, Arkansas, Henry McMaster, American Rescue Plan, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 15:04May 8, 2021The US economy is barreling towards a post-COVID boom. All it took was for the people in charge to finally learn from the 2008 recession's disastrous mistakes.The US economy is set up to come out of the COVID pandemic with a historic boom because the Fed and federal government learned from 2008's missteps.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Markets, Economy, Financial Crisis, GDP, Inflation, Interest Rates, Federal Reserve, American Rescue Plan, BI Commentary, Opinion, Commentary Freelancer >
- Business Insider 22:27May 7, 2021How April's dismal jobs report is setting the stage for Biden's $4 trillion economic fight with the GOPDemocrats and Republicans drew opposite conclusions from April's jobs report and the way forward in healing an economy battered by the pandemic.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Joe Biden, Economy, Kevin Brady, Chamber of Commerce, American Rescue Plan, Jobs Report, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Nancy Pelosi, coronavirus stimulus, Unemployment insurance, Infrastructure, infrastructure spending, Childcare >
- Business Insider 22:13May 7, 2021Jen Psaki says the IRS letter sent to Americans about stimulus checks was 'not intended to make it about' BidenCritics said Biden was taking a line out of Trump's book by sending a letter to recipients of the $1,400 direct payments.
< Politics, News, jen psaki, White House, Stimulus checks, coronavirus, COVID-19, American Rescue Plan, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, IRS >
- Business Insider 22:19May 5, 2021The Biden administration opened a new relief fund for restaurants. 186,200 applied in 2 days.Biden said of his $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund: "It looks like we'll be able to provide help to about 100,000" of the applicants.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Small Business, Economy, Small Business, Small Business Administration (SBA), restaurant, Restaurant Business, American Rescue Plan, Policy, Joe Biden >
- New York Magazine 14:00May 5, 2021Ideology Is Still At Heart of the Red-State Refusal to Expand MedicaidTwelve states still refuse generous Medicaid expansion incentives. The excuse that it’s about money no longer applies, thanks to the latest stimulus.
< politics, american rescue plan, covid-19 stimulus, obamacare, affordable care act, medicaid, medicaid expansion >
- Business Insider 22:42April 29, 2021Biden calls Bernie privately to check in on the left wing, report saysThe NYT reports that Biden makes private calls to Bernie to collect ideas from progressive Democrats. He also calls Joe Manchin and Mitch McConnell.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Infrastructure, infrastructure spending, American Rescue Plan, American Families Plan >
- New York Magazine 20:36April 29, 2021What Was Missing From Biden’s SpeechThe president went big on policy, but there was at least one notable omission.
< politics, president biden, american rescue plan >
- New York Times 18:21April 29, 2021Biden's Speech Calls for U.S. to Take On China and RussiaCompetition with China, and containment of Russia, were the subtext of Mr. Biden’s call for action. But casting the new struggle “democracy versus autocracy” oversimplifies what lies ahead.
< United States International Relations, American Rescue Plan (2021), United States Economy, Senate, House of Representatives, SolarWinds, Xi Jinping, Putin, Vladimir V >
- New York Magazine 06:39April 29, 2021Biden’s Workmanlike Love Song to the Middle ClassHis speech was well-crafted to sell his priorities to voters in and just beyond the Democratic Party.
< politics, donald trump, republicans, democrats, american jobs plan, american families plan, american rescue plan, middle class, china, buy american, child care, joe biden >
- New York Magazine 14:00April 28, 2021Democrats Are Shooting for the Moon in 2021, and That’s OkayThe usual choice between getting things done and holding on to power is no choice at all for Democrats right now.
< politics, joe biden, democrats, budget reconciliation, joe manchin, 2022 midterms, vision 2020, wokeness, socialism, republicans, voting rights, covid-19, american rescue plan, congress, u.s. senate, senate parliamentarian, partisan polarization, bipartisanship, kevin mccarthy, donald trump, redistricting >
- Business Insider 23:16April 26, 2021Biden sends out IRS letter heralding stimulus checks, prompting critics to say he's acting like TrumpPresident Biden is sending letters to millions of Americans heralding his American Rescue Plan, which includes $1,400 checks and child tax credits.
< Politics, American Rescue Plan, Stimulus, COVID-19, coronavirus, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 15:35April 24, 2021Unemployment benefits made up a record-high share of Americans' incomes during the pandemic, and it shows a need for a permanently beefed-up systemUnemployment insurance as a share of wage and salary income was 10.8% in the second quarter of 2020 per EPI, much higher than previous quarters.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Unemployment, Unemployment benefits, Inequality, Stimulus, CARES Act, American Rescue Plan, BI Graphics >
- New York Magazine 20:48April 21, 2021Reconciliation May Not Solve Democrats’ Immigration WoesAs with the $15 minimum wage, a path to citizenship could succumb to a Senate parliamentarian’s ruling. And then there’s Joe Manchin.
< politics, immigration, comprehensive immigration reform, congressional hispanic caucus, budget reconciliation, dreamers, raul ruiz, joe biden, lindsey graham, marco rubio, $15 minimum wage, senate parliamentarian, elizabeth macdonough, byrd rule, chuck schumer, filibuster reform, american rescue plan, infrastructure >
- New York Magazine 03:12April 6, 2021Democrats Get One More Big Bill This Year That Cannot Be FilibusteredThe Senate Parliamentarian agrees with Schumer’s multiple reconciliation bill theory, which could make Republican obstruction irrelevant.
< politics, congressional budget process, budget reconciliation, chuck schumer, joe biden, republicans, infrastructure, american jobs plan, american rescue plan, covid-19 stimulus, senate parliamentarian, elizabeth macdonough >
- Breitbart News 01:25March 31, 2021Biden Stimulus Delayed for Many Americans on Social SecurityAmericans struggling to survive on federal benefits have waited weeks for word on their share of the $1.9 trillion stimulus.
< Economy, Politics, Pre-Viral, American Rescue Plan, Internal Revenue Service, IRS, Joe Biden, Social Security Administration, SSA, stimulus >
- New York Magazine 16:00March 27, 2021Biden Doesn’t Need to Be FDR or LBJ to Change AmericaA “Great Society” may be out of reach, but a markedly better one is possible.
< joe biden, the american rescue plan, politics, fdr, history >
- Business Insider 15:40March 26, 2021Over 30 million households could be eligible for the child tax credit expansionInsider used Current Population Survey data from IPUMS to get an estimate of how many households may be eligible for the child tax credit.
< Economy, Child tax credit, American Rescue Plan, Taxpayers, stimulus package, Poverty, Inequality, stimulus check, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 18:07March 25, 2021Bernie Sanders says Biden had the 'courage' to shed moderate past and 'act boldly' on the economySanders also told The New York Times' Ezra Klein that he was "bitterly disappointed" about losing the minimum wage hike.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Joe Biden stimulus, New York Times, American Rescue Plan, Progressives, Policy >
- Business Insider 16:04March 25, 2021Bush, Obama, and Trump all failed to jolt the US out of its economic malaise. Biden's huge stimulus package could finally break that trend.Biden's direct checks and infrastructure investment could actually kick start the US economy by focusing aid to areas where it's actually needed.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Donald Trump, George W. Bush, BI Commentary, Opinion, US GDP, Fiscal Stimulus, COVID relief, American Rescue Plan, Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Trump tax cuts, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Financial Crisis, Secular Stagnation, Inflation >
- Breitbart News 16:00March 24, 2021Report: Joe Biden Meets Secretly with Historians to Discuss Legacy of Ending FilibusterPresident Joe Biden met secretly with historians at the White House to discuss his emerging legacy of a president pushing through historic changes to the United States during the coronavirus pandemic crisis, according to a report.
< Politics, American Rescue Plan, Barack Obama, coronavirus, Franklin Roosevelt, Joe Biden, Lyndon Baines Johnson, White House >
- Business Insider 19:05March 23, 2021Social conservatives are endorsing Democrats' dramatic expansion of the social safety net through monthly allowance checks for childrenBiden's poverty-fighting child allowance could also boost birth rates and empower stay-at-home parents - both conservative goals.
< Politics, News, child allowance, birthrate, American Rescue Plan, Stimulus, President Joe Biden, Mitt Romney >
- Business Insider 16:08March 23, 2021A higher federal minimum wage is not sufficient. It is time for companies to share profits with workers.Neither party has the right solution. To provide living wages, profitable companies must equitably distribute profits and disclose wages.
< Opinion, Economy, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, Economy, profit sharing, Minimum Wage, Policy, Income Inequality, Fight for 15, American Rescue Plan, Wages, Job Market >
- Breitbart News 22:23March 20, 2021Joe Biden Expedites Import of Illegal Aliens by Flying Them to the Canadian Border for ‘Processing’The flow of illegal aliens into the United States is growing so rapidly the Biden administration is preparing to fly them to the Canadian border so as to expedite “processing” them into the country, according to the Washington Post.
< Health, Immigration, Politics, American Rescue Plan, border security, coronavirus, DHS, Donald Trump, FEMA, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, UAC >
- Business Insider 17:16March 19, 2021Millions of Americans have struggled to get access to their stimulus checks. The government needs a better system so getting cash to people isn't so painfully slow.We need to fortify our structure of stimulating the economy, and cash has proven to be a key tool to building a safety net for Americans.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Markets, Opinion, BI Commentary, stimulus check, federal aid, Cash, Economy, Biden administration, American Rescue Plan >
- Business Insider 19:40March 18, 2021Biden's stimulus made Americans more confident about the economy than both of Trump's major relief billsConsumer confidence spiked 5 days after Biden's $1.9 trillion stimulus was signed into law, Morning Consult found, especially for lower-income people.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Stimulus, American Rescue Plan, Consumer Confidence, morning consult, Joe Biden, stimulus check, Policy, Donald Trump, coronavirus stimulus >
- Business Insider 22:10March 17, 2021House passes bill to extend PPP small business aid for 2 monthsThe bill extends the small business lending program through May 31 while allowing loan applications to be processed through June 30.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Small Business, Economy, Politics, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Small Businesses, Small Business Administration (SBA), small business aid, American Rescue Plan, Biden, Nydia Velazquez, blaine Luetkemeyer, Young Kim, Carolyn Bourdeaux >
- Business Insider 23:32March 16, 2021Biden's stimulus may have just saved NYC - and countless state and local governmentsThe stimulus includes $5.6 billion of aid for NYC. Mayor Bill de Blasio just said the situation was one of financial scarcity "until a week ago."
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, New York, New York City, Stimulus, stimulus package, Coronavirus Aid Bill, American Rescue Plan, Policy, coronavirus stimulus, Bill de Blasio >
- New York Magazine 23:03March 16, 2021Third Stimulus Checks: Everything You Need to KnowPresident Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID relief package includes $1,400 stimulus checks. Here’s who’s eligible and when the payments should arrive.
< politics, stimulus checks, covid-19 stimulus, donald trump, joe biden, budget reconciliation, congressional republicans, congressional democrats, american rescue plan >
- Business Insider 22:27March 16, 2021Unemployment benefits aren't getting taxed - but people may not know thatEven in a "normal" year, the IRS is taxed, the CEO of H&R Block says, adding there's been a lot of "proactive education" about pandemic tax filing.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Unemployment, Unemployment benefits, Taxes, Stimulus, American Rescue Plan, stimulus plan, stimulus package >
- Business Insider 18:21March 16, 2021Warren and Schumer keep pressure on Biden to cancel student debtSen. Elizabeth Warren has legislation drafted, but she and Majority Leader Schumer say an executive order is the best way to cancel $50,000 a person.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, American Rescue Plan >
- Business Insider 22:37March 15, 2021Senior Democrat caught on hot mic suggests bypassing Republicans on infrastructureCiting expected resistance from Republicans, Democrats are looking at reconciliation measures to push through an infrastructure bill.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Ben Cardin, Joe Manchin, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Biden, American Rescue Plan, Bipartisan, Nancy Pelosi, Pete Buttigieg >
- Business Insider 22:33March 15, 2021PPP paid over 4,000 businesses twice, government watchdog says - and they'll have to pay it backBetween April and August 2020, the PPP issued 8,731 duplicate loans worth about $692 million to 4,260 borrowers, including 2,689 with the same tax ID.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Small Business, Policy, Economy, Politics, SBA, Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Small Business, OIG, Biden, American Rescue Plan, small business aid >
- Business Insider 18:11March 15, 2021The White House says it will push for permanent $300-plus monthly child allowance checksBiden's chief of staff Ron Klain told MSNBC that the president will "certainly" try to make the year-long expansion of the child tax credit permanent.
< Politics, News, Joe Biden, White House, Child tax credit, child allowance, American Rescue Plan, Parents and Kids >
- Business Insider 17:51March 15, 2021Nearly 7 million tax returns haven't been processed by the IRS because of stimulus changesLawmakers requested the IRS extend the tax filing deadline and remove the requirement to file amended tax returns to account for the stimulus changes.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Biden, IRS, Taxes, Tax Returns, Stimulus, American Rescue Plan, Richard Neal, Bill Pascrell, Dick Durbin, Unemployment benefits, coronavirus stimulus >
- Business Insider 14:00March 13, 2021American billionaires could fund two-thirds of Biden's COVID-19 relief package just using profits generated during the pandemic, a report showsBiden has signed his $1.9 trillion stimulus plan into law. Two-thirds of this could be funded by billionaires' pandemic profits, the ATF and IPS said.
< Economy, Politics, American Rescue Plan, Billionaire, Billionaires, Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Pandemic, stimulus package, Weekend BI UK >
- Breitbart News 07:49March 13, 2021Miguel Cardona: ‘Will Take Years’ to Address How Pandemic Worsened 'Inequities’ in SchoolsEducation Secretary Cardona said it will “take years" to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the nation’s education system.
< Education, Politics, Science, American Rescue Plan, coronavirus pandemic, COVID relief, inequities, Joe Biden, K-12 education, Miguel Cardona, public schools, taxpayer funding, teachers' unions, U.S. Education Department >