- Business Insider 15:43September 19, 2021Small airlines battle to serve the most remote US cities, where even empty flights can be profitable thanks to millions in subsidiesOne community revolted against its airline after two separate incidents on flights, and three more airlines champed at the bit to take its place.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, essential air service, boutique air, cape air, Aviation, Airlines, air travel, Flying >
- Business Insider 14:57September 19, 2021I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff BezosElon Musk flew almost 160,000 miles on this aircraft and after just one flight, I saw just how luxurious every mile is for the tech billionaire.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Private Jets, luxury air travel, Private Aviation, qatar executive, Qatar Airways, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Aviation, Airlines, Gulfstream, Gulfstream G650, Planes >
- Breitbart News 02:12September 18, 2021Kevin McCarthy Requests Kamala Harris Brief Republicans on Southern BorderHouse Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) requested that Vice President Kamala Harris brief the House Republican caucus on the "national security crisis" happening at the Southern Border.
< Immigration, Politics, Border Crisis, Breitbart Texas, Federal Aviation Administration, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Kevin McCarthy, Southern Border, Texas >
- Business Insider 20:02September 16, 2021British Airways demonstrated its progress on creating a 'Perfect Flight' using fuel made with used cooking oil as airlines race to reduce carbon emissionsBritish Airways demonstrated how it is moving towards a 'Perfect Flight' using sustainable jet fuel and renewable energy amid scrutiny from environmental activists.
< Transportation, Travel, News, British Airways, Carbon Footprint, CO2 emission, Better World, Airbus A320neo, sustainable aviation fuel, Greta Thunberg, Destination 2050, Delta Air lines, United Airlines, American Airlines, Heathrow Airport, Glasgow Airport, Perfect Flight >
- Business Insider 12:20September 16, 2021Southwest Airlines is giving fully vaccinated staff 16 hours extra pay - and cutting special sick pay for unvaccinated workers who catch COVID-19, a report saysSouthwest Airlines told staff that the new vaccine incentives were "unrelated" to President Biden's vaccine rules for large employers, per CNBC.
< Transportation, News, Healthcare, Southwest Airline, Southwest Airlines, Airlines, Aviation, Flights, coronavirus vaccine, Airline Industry >
- Business Insider 01:09September 15, 2021How the Army's elite Delta Force pulled off a record-setting mission against the Taliban only weeks after 9/11In the hours after the September 11 attacks, the US military began planning what remains the longest air assault ever conducted by US forces.
< Military & Defense, International, September 11, september 11 attacks, Afghanistan, war in afghanistan, Taliban, Operation Gecko, Objective Rhino, US Army Special Operations Command, Delta Force, US Army Rangers, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, News Contributor, Mildef freelance >
- Business Insider 14:31September 13, 2021American has been building an team of airline partners to fill the gaps in its network, even if it means aligning with budget carriers and startupsAmerican, for example, lost its vital South American partner in 2019 and is turning to a Chilean ultra-low-cost carrier to build back in the region.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, American Airlines, Chile, budget airlines, International Airlines Group, Oneworld, Airlines, air travel, Aviation, Flying, Henry Harteveldt >
- Business Insider 15:02September 12, 2021An aviation startup wants to revolutionize frequent flyer programs by letting travelers earn cryptocurrency simply by flying: Meet FlyCoinFlyCoin's goal is a token that flyers can exchange for goods and services, or convert to other currencies and two airlines are on already board.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Finance, Planes, BITranspo, Airlines, Northern Pacific Airways, FlyCoin, crypto adoption, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Aviation, Fintech >
- Business Insider 16:52September 10, 2021Alitalia is dying and being reborn as a new airline called ITA - see the full history of Italy's troubled flag carrierThe struggling airline favored by the Pope has survived thus far on loans from the Italian government and failed investments from foreign airlines.
< Transportation, Travel, Life, Features, CT Visual Features, BITranspo, Alitalia, Italy, Etihad Airways, air travel, Aviation, Europe, nationalization, Air Italy, Planes, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 00:15September 10, 2021Biden's action plan will double fines for people who refuse to follow the TSA's mask mandate on airplanesTravelers who refuse to wear masks can already face fines up to $1500. President Biden's COVID-19 action plan released Thursday is doubling that.
< Transportation, Politics, News, Aviation, Planes, Travel, Biden, COVID-19, mask mandates >
- Business Insider 15:35September 7, 2021One of Boeing's biggest customers says it's halting talks about a potential $10 billion order of 737 Max 10 jets over a price disputeRyanair CEO Michael O'Leary said the companies couldn't come to an agreement. "Boeing have a more optimistic outlook on aircraft pricing than we do."
< Transportation, Transportation Contributors, News, Boeing, Ryanair, Boeing 737 Max, Boeing 737 Max 10, Airlines, Aviation, Airplanes >
- Business Insider 18:26September 6, 2021Airfare is set to drop this fall and airlines have already started testing cheap pricing on expensive routesAirlines are already dropping fares on normally expensive routes New York-Los Angeles for $113 round-trip and Los Angeles-Maui, Hawaii for $168.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Travel, airfare deals, Airlines, United Airlines, JetBlue airways, Hawaiian Airlines, American Airlines, Aviation >
- Business Insider 14:54September 5, 2021I flew on Qatar Airways and saw why it's one of the best airlines in the world even in economyMiddle Eastern mega carrier Qatar Airways was voted 2019's airline of the year by experts from Skytrax and provides passengers with stellar onboard experiences.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, Qatar Airways, Flying, Travel, Airlines, Aviation, air travel, luxury air travel, Business Visual Features, BITranspo, Boeing, Boeing 787 Dreamliner >
- Business Insider 15:42September 4, 2021I flew to the UK for the first time during the pandemic. It wasn’t easy or cheap.I spent $239 on multiple tests despite being fully vaccinated and recovered from COVID-19. Other countries in Europe only asked for my vaccine card.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, Travel, international travel, Flying, Aviation, air travel, covid-19 test, COVID-19 testing, Business Visual Features, BITranspo >
- Business Insider 14:55September 4, 2021I booked a flight on American Airlines despite the airline canceling thousands of flights this summer - here's how I'm preparing for the worstAmerican has left countless travelers in the lurch this summer with canceled flights. I'm ensuring it doesn't happen to me again on my next flight.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, American Airlines, Flying, Travel, Airlines, Aviation, JFK Airport, international travel, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Pandemic travel >
- Business Insider 14:19September 3, 2021Gulfstream just debuted its new $75 million ultra-long-range plane that's also the world's largest purpose-built private jet: Meet the G700Gulfstream showed off its new flagship in public for the first time alongside its launch customer, the private jet division of Qatar Airways.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, Gulfstream, Gulfstream G700, Flying, air travel, Aviation, G700, Qatar Airways, qatar executive, Private Jet, Private Jets, luxury air travel, Private Aviation, BITranspo, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 23:31September 2, 2021Emirates will receive the last Airbus A380 ever in November. Here's how the world's largest passenger plane went from revolutionary to reject in just a decade.The Airbus A380 superjumbo was supposed to be a game-changing icon, but its end will come in November when the final jet is delivered to Emirates.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, Features, BITranspo, Airbus A380, Airbus, Planes, Airplanes, A380, Aviation, History, Emirates >
- Business Insider 22:28September 2, 2021Virgin Galactic slips after the FAA says the company is grounded pending an investigation into a mishap during Branson's trip to space"Virgin Galactic may not return the SpaceShipTwo vehicle to flight until the FAA approves the final mishap investigation report," the FAA said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Virgin Galactic, Virgin Galactic space flight, Virgin Galactic stock, virgin galactic test flight, virgin galactic test flight fail, Virgin Galactic stock price, Virgin Galactic buy rating, SPCE, SPCE price target, SPCE stock, SPCE stock price, Richard Branson, Richard Branson Virgin Orbit, Federal Aviation Authority, FAA >
- Business Insider 03:13September 2, 2021During Richard Branson's spaceflight, Virgin Galactic's rocket plane blared a red warning light and flew out of its clearance zoneThe New Yorker reported that the spaceship's short venture out of bounds triggered an investigation from the Federal Aviation Administration.
< Science, News, Tech Insider, Virgin Galactic, Richard Branson, Human Spaceflight, commercial space flight, Federal Aviation Administration >
- Business Insider 23:09August 30, 2021A former 'Night Stalker' explains how US military pilots plucked Americans from hostile territory in Kabul"Flying in the urban terrain is the toughest of all environments," a former 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment pilot told Insider.
< Military & Defense, International, Afghanistan, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, Night Stalkers, 160 SOAR, Kabul, News Contributor, Mildef freelance >
- Business Insider 13:35August 25, 2021The FAA released an ominous video with sounds of screaming passengers to warn people against unruly behaviorIn the FAA video, a pilot is heard declaring an emergency before telling the control room that an unruly passenger had been restrained.
< Transportation, News, News, Airlines, FAA, Federal Aviation Administration, Fines, air travel, Airplanes >
- Business Insider 17:51August 19, 2021I flew JetBlue's new London to New York route in Mint business class. It's a premium leisure traveler's dream but some kinks need to be ironed out.Round-trip fares in Mint start at under $2,000 and I found it to be one of the best ways of crossing the Atlantic, even if there are some growing pains.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, Business Visual Features, Flying, JetBlue airways, Airbus, Airbus A321neo, Business Class, Business Class Review, Business Class Flight, luxury air travel, Aviation, Airlines, transatlantic, Travel, international travel >
- Business Insider 18:47August 17, 2021Spirit CEO says the airline's recent operational meltdown doesn't reflect 'systemic issues.' These employees disagree.Spirit says its operational meltdown cost around $50 million - the airline is predicting future losses of up to $100 million in the third quarter.
< Transportation, News, Spirit, Airlines, Aviation, Travel, Transportation >
- Business Insider 14:34August 16, 2021United and other major airlines are rerouting flights to avoid Afghan airspaceVirgin Atlantic and British Airways also said they would reroute flights around Afghan airspace, after Taliban fighters seized Kabul.
< Transportation, Military & Defense, News, News, Afghanistan, Kabul, Taliban, Airlines, United Airlines, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Federal Aviation Administration >
- Business Insider 16:15August 12, 2021A Spirit pilot and flight attendant describe flying empty planes around the country and being stranded for days last week amid the airline's meltdown: 'It was like being lost in space'Insider spoke with a Spirit pilot and flight attendant about what it was like working during the airline's meltdown that canceled over 2,000 flights.
< Transportation, Spirit Airlines, Aviation, Transportation, Travel >
- Business Insider 20:48August 11, 2021Private jet buyers are turning to Asia for glitzy aircraft as a shortage grips the USWhile private jets from Asia were once considered less desirable, but they're now fetching a premium.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Gulfstream, BITranspo, luxury air travel, Private Aviation, Private Jets >
- Business Insider 18:20August 11, 2021An Uber-backed aerospace company looking to make flying taxis a reality by 2024 leaps 15% in its stock-market debutJoby displayed a prototype of its distinctive five-seater aircraft, brought in from California, outside the NYSE for its public debut.
< Markets, Transportation, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Joby Aviation, Joby, Aviation, Uber, Aviation Industry, air taxi, Flying Taxis, Aerospace, Reid Hoffman, Listings >
- Business Insider 23:49August 10, 2021Frontier Airlines is mandating vaccines for employees and running promotions for vaccinated flyers. Except vaccinations aren't really required for either.One public health official told Insider that a vaccine mandate with a testing opt-out isn't likely going to increase the vaccination rate of a workforce.
< Transportation, Travel, News, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, Travel, Airlines, Aviation, Frontier Airlines, analysis, vaccine mandate, Vaccines, COVID-19 vaccine >
- Business Insider 19:30August 10, 2021I flew on Tailwind Air, the seaplane airline that flies between New York and Boston - I'd choose it over Acela in a heartbeatThe seaplane service is faster and more convenient than the Acela while offering awe-inspiring views of New York City and Boston.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, Features, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, tailwind air, New York City, Cessna, Airlines, Seaplane >
- Business Insider 16:45August 10, 2021Warren Buffett's pandemic-hit businesses came roaring back last quarter. Here are his 7 big winners.Berkshire Hathaway cashed in on robust demand for homes, furniture, building materials, cars, and electronic components in the second quarter.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, Construction, Manufacturing, Retail, automobiles, Railroads, Electronics, Industrials, BNSF, Marmon, Clayton Homes, Aviation, Features >
- Business Insider 05:18August 10, 2021The FAA has already investigated more than 600 unruly passenger incidents in 2021 - nearly double the amount of 2019 and 2020 combinedLast week, the Federal Aviation Administration said airlines have reported 3,715 incidents involving unruly passengers since the start of the year.
< Transportation, News, Federal Aviation Administration, FAA, Flight attendant, unruly passenger >
- Business Insider 15:35August 8, 2021A new airline wants to connect the US and Asia with low fares and Alaskan stopover programs: Meet Northern Pacific AirwaysThe airline wants to charge less than competitors while offering the opportunity to add an Alaskan getaway to Asia.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, air travel, Aviation, Flying, Airlines, Travel, international travel, Alaska, Northern Pacific Airways, BITranspo, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 15:09August 8, 2021I flew on JetBlue founder David Neeleman's new airline, Breeze Airways, and saw how easy it is to have a great experience for dirt cheapBreeze's cheap fares are attractive but extra fees can make flying on the airline just as expensive as a traditional carrier. Here's how to avoid them.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Airlines, Breeze Airways, David Neeleman, low-cost carriers >
- Business Insider 21:20August 6, 2021Spirit customers slam the company's $50 voucher after mass cancellations leave them strandedSocial media users whose flights were canceled by Spirit said they were sent a $50 travel voucher from the airline but have yet to receive refunds.
< Transportation, News, Travel, transportaion, Spirit Airlines, Aviation, Travel >
- Business Insider 14:30August 6, 2021United is the first US airline to require all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19United will require that all employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the end of October, ahead of formal approval from the FDA.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, United Airlines, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Travel, Vaccines, Delta Air lines, American Airlines, Scott Kirby, Doug Parker, Ed Bastian >
- Business Insider 18:31August 5, 2021The US Air Force's new hypersonic weapon failed its first flight test again, but the Air Force says it still learned from itWhile it did not meet all flight objectives, the Air Force said the test demonstrated several first-time events.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, The Aviationist, News Contributor, US Air Force, AGM-183A, Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon, hypersonic, Hypersonic cruise missile, Hypersonic Glide Vehicle >
- Business Insider 19:24August 4, 2021Spirit speaks out on its epic meltdown that saw hundreds of cancellations and says it's trying to 'reboot' - but cancellations may continue"We're pleased to share that cancellations will start dropping tomorrow," a Spirit spokesperson told Insider.
< Transportation, Travel, News, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Spirit Airlines, Aviation, Airlines, Travel, Planes >
- Business Insider 23:42August 3, 2021'Stay tuned': Delta CEO says he won't require customers to be vaccinated without full FDA approvalBusinesses and cities have been enacting vaccination requirements for indoor patrons but airlines haven't been quick to follow.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, Aviation, Airlines, Delta Air lines, Ed Bastian, COVID-19 vaccine, Vaccinations >
- Breaking Defense 21:35August 3, 2021To Counter China, The Navy Should Retake the High GroundWith time and money both running short, fielding a force to deter Chinese aggression will require a new approach to naval aviation. writes Bryan Clark and Timothy A. Walton.
< Naval Warfare, Bryan Clark, Hudson Institute, naval aviation, navy, Opinion, SeaAirSpace 2021 >
- Breaking Defense 20:19August 3, 2021Top Navy Aviator Says CNO’s Industry Warning Based On Future ThreatsThe Navy’s top officer hit industry on Monday for lobbying for “aircraft we don’t need.”
< Air Warfare, Naval Warfare, Adm. Michael Gilday, Andrew Loiselle, f/a-18, naval aviation, navy, NGAD, SeaAirSpace 2021 >
- Business Insider 16:14August 3, 2021NATO fighter jets intercepted 2 rarely seen Russian electronic-warfare planesIt was the first time NATO aircraft have intercepted the Il-22PP Porubshchik electronic-warfare aircraft in the Baltic region.
< Military & Defense Contributors, Military & Defense, The Aviationist, News Contributor, NATO, NATO air policing, Baltic Sea, Russia >
- Business Insider 00:26August 3, 2021More than 700 Spirit and American flights have been canceled and even more are delayed due to bad weather and a reported lack of flight crewsMore than one-third of Spirit's flights for Monday have been canceled and Florida and Texas experience bad weather that's crippling airline operations.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Travel, Airlines, Aviation, Spirit Airlines, American Airlines, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Fort Lauderdale Airport, Miami International Airport >
- Business Insider 01:41August 2, 2021How the Army's Delta Force and Nightstalkers teamed up to rescue hostages in Iraq, according to operators who were thereIn mid-2004, US Army special operators executed a rare daylight raid to rescue contractors held hostage near Baghdad.
< Military & Defense, International, Iraq, Iraq War, U.S. Army, Army Special Operations Command, Delta Force, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, Nightstalkers, hostage rescue, News Contributor, Mildef freelance >
- Business Insider 15:22August 1, 2021While the wealthy are spending millions to be weightless in space, one aviation firm is selling the experience on Earth for a fraction of the costFlyers will get to experience zero-gravity for longer than Jeff Bezos did entirely in Earth's atmosphere and for a fraction of the cost.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Boeing, Boeing 727, Zero Gravity, Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, Virgin Galactic >
- Business Insider 13:51August 1, 2021Some planes have hidden power outlets in the bathroom - here's whyMy phone had died just before landing and that's when I discovered the hiding spot for the rare power outlets onboard my Frontier Airlines flight.
< Transportation, Travel, News, BITranspo, Frontier Airlines, Flying, air travel, Aviation, Airplane seat, Travel, Airbus, Business Visual Features, Airbus A320neo, Planes >
- Business Insider 15:35July 31, 2021One of Embraer's worst selling jets just got a shot in the arm with an 30-aircraft order from Canada's Porter Airlines: Meet the E195-E2Embraer had sold just 153 aircraft before Porter's order for 30 aircraft and 50 options, paling in comparison to Airbus' rival A220 aircraft.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Features, Planes, Business Visual Features, air travel, Aviation, Porter Airlines, Canada, Flying, Embraer, BITranspo, Airbus, Airbus A220, Boeing, Boeing 737 Max >
- Business Insider 15:30July 31, 2021Airlines like United and American are dedicating billions of dollars to fly a new type of aircraft that won't require pilotsThe two airlines aim to be at the forefront of a burgeoning industry but the greatest hurdle might be getting travelers to fly on the new aircraft.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Honeywell Aerospace, Flying, air travel, Business Visual Features, eVTOLs, Aviation, Airlines, United Airlines, Joby Aviation, volocopter, Urban Air Mobility >
- Business Insider 23:12July 30, 2021The SPAC taking electric-aircraft maker Archer public has slashed the valuation of the company by $1 billionThe revision supports 'a highly compelling investment thesis' for Archer, the company said about its valuation downgrade.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Archer Aviation, Atlas Crest, Archer merger deal, SPAC deal, United Airlines, Oscar Munoz, deal valuation >
- Business Insider 19:50July 30, 2021The charter airline flying one of the world's cheapest private jets is expanding to the West Coast. One-way flights start at $3,000.A one-way flight from Santa Monica Airport to Las Vegas would cost a flat $3,000 plus tax, a fraction of what a traditional private jet flight costs.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Flying, air travel, Cirrus Vision Jet, luxury air travel, Aviation, Private Jets, Private Aviation, VeriJet >
- Business Insider 15:19July 25, 2021I flew on JetBlue founder's David Neeleman's new airline and saw how it's nothing like his old one - but it isn't supposed to beBreeze Airways flyers expecting JetBlue-style perks will be disappointed. But the carrier's radically different strategy aims to make up for it.
< Transportation, Travel, News, Planes, BITranspo, Business Visual Features, Aviation, Airlines, Breeze Airways, JetBlue airways, Flying, air travel, David Neeleman, low-cost carriers, Features >