- Breitbart News 05:03September 22, 2021Schumer, Zuckerberg Lobby Use Horse Videos to Denounce Title 42 Migration BarrierPro-amnesty Democrats and their pro-migration corporate allies are exploiting the media uproar over horse-mounted officers at the border to demand even easier migration into the U.S. economy.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Chuck Schumer, FWD.us, Haitian Migrants, Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) >
- Breitbart News 22:52September 21, 2021Chuck Schumer Blames 'Hateful and Xenophobic' Trump Policies for Biden Border ChaosSen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Tuesday said "hateful and xenophobic policies" from former President Donald Trump are to blame for President Joe Biden's disastrous mishandling of increasing waves of illegal border crossings.
< Immigration, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Title 42 >
- Business Insider 22:49September 21, 2021Chuck Schumer calls out Biden for dragging his feet on the student debt crisis: 'Students don't need their debts paused - they need it erased'"It's unacceptable, it's un-American. And at the rate we're going, it's unsustainable," Senate Majority Leader Schumer said on Tuesday.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Student Loans, Chuck Schumer, Ayanna Pressley, Richard Cordray, Education Department, Biden >
- Business Insider 21:48September 21, 2021Congress keeps playing chicken with a rule that could torpedo the economy. Here's what the debt ceiling is - and why it's so dangerous.Democrats and Republicans have less than a month to raise the debt ceiling. The stakes are incredibly high, but lawmakers are at an impasse.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Congress, Explainer, Debt Ceiling, US Debt, US debt limit, Debt Limit, Government Debt, Government Spending, Fiscal Policy, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 20:42September 21, 2021Biden's economic agenda in 'significant danger' of collapse. The worst-case scenario for the 2022 midterms is inching closer.Biden needs results not just to transform the economy, but to have something to run on. "The party's future depends on getting this bill done."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Republicans, Democrats, National Debt, Default, Mitch McConnell, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, ACA', Government shutdown, Policy, Economy >
- Breitbart News 14:04September 21, 2021Chuck Schumer: Amnesty and Migrants Prevent Labor ShortagesSenate Majority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Monday amnesty and migrants are needed to prevent labor shortages.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Chuck Schumer, New York, wages >
- Business Insider 23:45September 20, 2021Mitch McConnell says the GOP will vote for the US to default on its debtNancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer announced they would attach a debt ceiling suspension to a government funding bill, daring the GOP. McConnell answered.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Debt Ceiling, Debt Limit, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Reconciliation, Government shutdown, Mitch McConell >
- Business Insider 19:58September 20, 2021February's student-loan payment restart will run into a 'psychological hurdle' as many borrowers thought their debt would be forgiven, Biden official says"The stakes are extremely high" for borrowers who have gotten used to not making any payments on student debt, FSA Director Richard Cordray said.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Politics, Student Debt, Student Loans, Richard Cordray, FSA, Education Department, Student debt forgiveness, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Policy, Economy >
- Breitbart News 03:33September 20, 2021Report: Joe Manchin Pushes for 'Strategic Pause' for $3.5 Trillion Infrastructure Bill Until Next YearSen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) said that President Joe Biden and the Democrat-led Congress should take a "strategic pause" from the Democrats' $3.5 trillion infrastructure bill, according to Axios.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Nancy Pelosi >
- New York Magazine 00:23September 16, 2021Mitch McConnell Prefers Calamitous Debt Default to Helping DemocratsDemocrats helped McConnell raise the debt limit during the last administration, but he insists Republicans aren’t going to return the favor.
< politics, congress, debt limit, stopgap spending bill, mitch mcconnell, filibuster, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer, joe biden, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill >
- Breitbart News 17:20September 15, 2021Mitch McConnell Not 'Bluffing' on Republican Debt Ceiling StandSenate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Tuesday he is not "bluffing" on Senate Republicans' stand on the debt ceiling.
< Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Debt ceiling, Joe Biden, Joni Ernst, Marco Rubio, Mitch McConnell >
- Business Insider 15:01September 14, 2021Over 100 economists urge Democrats to include affordable childcare in their $3.5 trillion spending plan"The costs of dropping out of the labor force in order to care for your kids are very, very high for parents," Obama economist Betsey Stevenson told Insider.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economists, House, Senate, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Jason Furman, Betsy Stevenson, Economy >
- Breitbart News 02:23September 13, 2021Biden Plans to Attack Filibuster in Last-Ditch Effort to Pass Massive Voting BillTop Democrats are now calling on President Biden to lobby for "filibuster reform" in order to ram through the legislation this time around.
< Politics, Chuck Schumer, Congress, election integrity, Filibuster, For the People Act, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, Senate, voter fraud >
- Breitbart News 16:56September 12, 2021Manchin: I Will Not Vote for $3.5 Trillion Reconciliation Bill Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" that he will not vote for the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package that the Democrats are trying to pass as a companion bill to the infrastructure package.
< Clips, Politics, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Joe Manchin, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 23:37September 9, 2021Senate Democrats could send seniors $1,000 cash vouchers to buy expanded Medicare benefits next yearIn the social spending plan, Bernie Sanders is making it a top priority to expand Medicare to cover dental, vision, and hearing benefits.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Bush Administration, Medicare, Prescription drugs, Economy >
- Business Insider 18:02September 9, 20214 House Republicans oppose mass student-debt cancellation, saying it's unfair. They want a promise it won't happen.The GOP letter wants a promise not to go beyond "what the law clearly allows" with student debt but there's disagreement on how to interpret that law.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Student Loans, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Biden, Miguel Cardona, Education Department, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 12:26September 9, 2021Senate's Four Immigration Amnesties Get Critical Test on FridayThe Senate's parliamentarian will hold a formal hearing on Friday where Democrats will claim they can insert four gigantic amnesties in the pending $3.5 trillion budget bill.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Chuck Schumer, FWD.us, Mark Zuckerberg, parliamentarian >
- Business Insider 03:02September 9, 2021Senate Democrats weigh extending Biden's monthly $300 checks to families to 2024 in $3.5 trillion social spending planSome low-income people may be excluded from tapping into the full amount of the child allowance after 2024 due to budgetary snags.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, child allowance, Child tax credit, Senate, House Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Stimulus, Biden infrastructure, Biden stimulus >
- Business Insider 18:10September 8, 2021Nancy Pelosi says Democrats want to pay 'the Trump credit card' by striking a deal on the national debt with the GOPTreasury Sec. Janet Yellen told Pelosi that "extraordinary measures" to pay US bills will likely run out in October, earlier than planned.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Nancy Pelosi, Janet Yellen, Debt Ceiling, Debt Limit, Reconciliation, Trump, Budget, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 13:15September 5, 2021Meet a single grandmother raising 3 grandchildren with $75,000 in student debt: 'I don't want my grandkids to be in poverty'Resuming student-loan payments after the pandemic pause makes her anxious. "I somehow have to find that extra $200. I just don't have it."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student Loans, student loan forgiveness, Seniors, Poverty, Food Stamps, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 19:45September 1, 2021Democrats lash out at Supreme Court for doing 'nothing' and allowing 'radical' and 'extreme' 6-week abortion ban to take effect in TexasThe Supreme Court's failure to block the Texas law "is an effort to rip away women's rights," Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said.
< Politics, News, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, jamaal bowman, Dick Durbin, Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrats, Congress, Supreme Court, SCOTUS, Abortion, Texas, heartbeat bill, Pregnancy, Law, Ban >
- Breitbart News 21:08August 31, 2021Rick Scott Demands Pelosi, Schumer Launch a Bipartisan Investigation into Biden’s WithdrawalSen. Rick Scott (R-FL) is demanding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) launch a bipartisan investigation into President Joe Biden's botched withdrawal in Afghanistan.
< Politics, Afghanistan, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Rick Scott >
- Business Insider 13:15August 31, 2021Biden has canceled $9.5 billion in student debt so far. At this pace he'd wipe out less than 5% of the total over his 4 years in office.About 0.6% of the nation's student debt is gone. Without the universal forgiveness Biden promised, an expert told Insider there's a long way to go.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Biden, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Student Loans, Miguel Cardona, Education Department, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 18:46August 30, 2021Howard University is wiping out student debt for juniors and seniors, joining the growing number of HBCUs using Biden' stimulus for reliefSchools can use stimulus aid to wipe out institutional student debt. Howard just extended that aid to upperclassmen with financial hardship.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, HBCU, Education Department, Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 22:27August 27, 2021AOC and 63 other Democrats slam the Supreme Court over eviction ban ruling risking 'needless loss of human life'After the Supreme Court struck down Biden's eviction ban, House Democrats say Congress needs to urgently act to protect renters as Delta surges.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Real Estate, Policy, Economy, Politics, AOC, Ayanna Pressley, cori bush, Eviction ban, evictions, Biden, Supreme Court, delta variant, COVID-19, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 22:46August 26, 2021Democrats condemn deadly Kabul blasts as Republicans push Biden to retake Bagram Air BaseExplosions near the Kabul airport have killed at least 12 US service members, according to the Pentagon.
< Politics, News, Kevin McCarthy, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Congress, Kabul, Airport, explosions, Bombs, Taliban, Isis, ISIS-K, Afghanistan, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Lauren Boebert, Madison Cawthorn, Adam Schiff >
- Business Insider 22:48August 25, 2021Sen. Chuck Schumer warns of 'horrendous outcomes' for the climate if Congress doesn't pass infrastructure and social safety net billsBoth bills will help hit Biden's target of reducing carbon emissions by 50% by 2030, Schumer wrote in a letter.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, climate crisis, Climate Change, Infrastructure, Reconciliation, Carbon Emissions, Biden, Pramila Jayapal >
- Business Insider 17:39August 23, 2021The 'astronomical' increases in student debt are keeping 42% of teachers with over a decade of experience from paying off their loansA National Education Association report found nearly half of teachers have student debt. It's impairing retirement, savings, and going to the doctor.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Teachers, Education, Student Loans, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, Student debt forgiveness, Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer >
- Breitbart News 21:57August 22, 2021Exclusive — Sen. Hagerty: ‘Completely Incompetent’ Biden Will Screw Up ‘Infrastructure’ Just Like AfghanistanSen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) told Breitbart News exclusively that the wide-scale incompetence in Democrat President Joe Biden's administration on display through the disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan is proof that it is foolish to think Biden and his administration could manage the implementation of a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure plan in the United States.
< Politics, Afghanistan, Bernie Sanders, Bill Hagerty, Chuck Schumer, Congress, Donald Trump, House, infrastructure, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kamala Harris, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, On the Hill, Senate, socialist, Tennessee >
- Business Insider 13:05August 22, 2021'Murdered by the student-loan industry': 2 borrowers describe the crushing interest that keeps them from paying off their debt"I've paid back almost all of my loans, but I still owe the full amount," one borrower told Insider. "It's a never-ending cycle."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, interest, Interest Rates, Student Loans, Student debt forgiveness, Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer >
- New York Magazine 23:19August 20, 2021Democrats Should (Privately) Write Off 2022 and Just GovernWhen the deal goes down on Biden’s agenda in Congress, vulnerable Democrats should not be given bragging rights for thwarting their own party.
< politics, 2022 midterms, nancy pelosi, joe biden, chuck schumer, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, centrists, bill clinton, donald trump, george w. bush, barack obama, vision 2024, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, bipartisan infrastructure bill >
- Business Insider 18:17August 18, 2021Colleges are using Biden's stimulus to wipe out student debt. Biden isn't.More colleges are canceling the student debt they own, which is different from the federal student debt that can last for decades.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student Loans, Student debt forgiveness, Education Department, HBCU, Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer >
- New York Magazine 00:42August 17, 2021Democrats in Congress Need to Cut to the Chase With a Deal on EverythingIt’s time for Democrats to stop threatening each other over infrastructure and reconciliation and pass Biden’s agenda, before it’s too late.
< politics, democrats, bipartisan infrastructure deal, fy 2022 budget resolutioin, fy 2022 budget reconciliation, american jobs plan, american families plan, afghanistan, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer, 2022 midterms, joe biden, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, democratic centrists, democratic progressives >
- Business Insider 21:00August 16, 2021Student debt is so inescapable that even those who made payments during the pandemic freeze still owe more money than they originally borrowedThe National Consumer Law Center found Navient borrowers who made at least one payment are not even $1 closer to being debt-free.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Economy, Politics, Policy, Student Loans, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Navient, interest, Elizabeth Warren, Ayanna Pressley, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 17:46August 12, 2021Pelosi's softness on canceling student debt has 80 progressive organizations 'disappointed'Nancy Pelosi said Biden doesn't have the authority to cancel $50,000 in student debt per person - a stark contrast to messaging from progressives.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, Student debt forgiveness, Student Loans >
- Breitbart News 02:30August 12, 2021Democrats: Passage of Infrastructure Bill Is Step Toward Massive AmnestySenate and House Democrats are relishing in the passage, with the help of 19 Senate Republicans, of a so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill which they see as a building block toward a massive amnesty plan for millions of illegal aliens.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alex Padilla, Amnesty, Ayanna Pressley, Chuck Schumer, Democrats, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, infrastructure bill, mass immigration, Nancy Pelosi, Republicans >
- Business Insider 21:28August 11, 2021Elizabeth Warren made sure a new Biden appointee was committed to 'substantial reforms' of student loans before approving himIn June, Sen. Warren held up James Kvaal's confirmation to under secretary of education to ensure he would commit to fixing the student-loan system.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Elizabeth Warren, Education Department, Student Debt, Student Loans, student loan forgiveness, Chuck Schumer, Miguel Cardona >
- Breitbart News 20:05August 11, 2021Report: Nancy Pelosi Considers Sacrificing Vulnerable Democrats by Pulling them Off Campaign Trail Early to Advance Swamp AgendaHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is sacrificing vulnerable House members who need the August recess to campaign in their district by pulling them back to Washington roughly a month early to advance their swampy partisan agenda items.
< Midterm Election, Politics, budget reconciliation, Chuck Schumer, House of Representatives, infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi, reconciliation, Senate, Steny Hoyer >
- New York Magazine 19:04August 11, 2021Manchin and Sinema Prepare Their New Demands for Fellow DemocratsWhile the Democratic centrists voted for the budget blueprint, they want potentially conflicting concessions for their votes on the final product.
< politics, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, joe biden, fy 2022 budget resolution, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, debt, debt limit, stopgap spending bill, revenues, taxes on wealthy, nancy pelosi, chuck schumer >
- Business Insider 12:53August 11, 2021Senate Democrats advance $3.5 trillion spending package in party-line vote without RepublicansThe Senate budget blueprint now goes to the House, but Biden may struggle keeping Democrats in lock-step.
< Economy, Politics, Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, White House, Republicans, Democrats, infrastructure bill, Child tax credit, Joe Biden, Policy >
- Breitbart News 12:22August 11, 2021Senate Democrats Land $3.5T Budget Blueprint in Party-Line VoteDemocrats pushed a $3.5 trillion budget blueprint through the Senate early Wednesday morning, just hours after approving a companion infrastructure package.
< Politics, budget, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure package, Mitch McConnell, Steny Hoyer >
- Business Insider 20:00August 10, 2021Democrats jumpstart efforts to bypass Republicans on follow-up $3.5 trillion spending plan poised to raise taxes on wealthy AmericansSenate Democrats are turning their attention onto a new spending package that will expand healthcare and education.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Senate, House >
- New York Magazine 19:49August 10, 2021Senate Passes Infrastructure Bill, Moves On to BudgetAll Democrats and 19 Republicans voted “aye.” Now the GOP can point to this show of bipartisanship as they block various budget votes ahead.
< politics, bipartisan infrastructure deal, fy 2022 budget resolution, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, debt limit, appropriations, chuck schumer, mitch mcconnell, mike rounds, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, nancy pelosi >
- Huffington Post UK 12:20August 10, 2021Ted Cruz Hilariously Self-Owns On Live TV And Doesn't Seem To Realise
< News, Donald Trump, Fox News, Ted Cruz, Sean Hannity, Chuck Schumer, donald-trump, fox-news, ted-cruz, sean-hannity, chuck-schumer >
- Business Insider 19:00August 9, 2021Senate Democrats just laid out their $3.5 trillion plan to hike taxes on the wealthy and begin fighting climate change - without any Republican votesThe Democrats' package doesn't include an extension of pandemic unemployment benefits for jobless Americans, set to end in a month.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden, Reconciliation, Infrastructure, Biden infrastructure, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Manchin, Senate, Republicans, Democrats, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 17:20August 9, 2021Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Schumer aren't satisfied after Biden extended the student-debt freeze, urging cancelationBiden just extended the student-loan payment freeze through January. Warren, Schumer, and Ayanna Pressley said that relief "doesn't go far enough."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student Loans, Student debt forgiveness, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Ayanna Pressley, Mondaire Jones, Biden >
- Breitbart News 20:53August 8, 2021Bill Hagerty: Democrats Blocking Senate from Voting on Vital Amendments to Infrastructure BillSen. Bill Hagerty's (R-TN) office said in a statement Sunday that Democrats, not the Tennessee conservative, are blocking the chamber from voting on vital amendments to the so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill.
< Politics, Bill Hagerty, bitcoin, Chuck Schumer, Cryptocurrency, infrastructure, Ted Cruz >
- Breitbart News 05:08August 8, 2021So-Called Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Stalls as Sen. Bill Hagerty Leads OppositionThe so-called bipartisan infrastructure bill has stalled Saturday as Sen. Bill Hagerty (R-TN) leads the GOP opposition.
< Politics, Bill Hagerty, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Tennessee >
- Business Insider 21:03August 7, 2021Senate advances $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, bringing it closer to final passage with McConnell's supportRepublicans and Democrats clashing over rival amendments to collect unpaid taxes on cryptocurrencies, which could stymie final passage.
< Economy, Politics, Policy, Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell, infrastructure bill, Crypto assets, Cryptocurrencies, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Joe Biden, Biden infrastructure >
- Breitbart News 17:21August 6, 2021Infrastructure Bill Comes to Grinding Halt After Amendment FightSenate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D-NY) effort to have the Senate vote on the $1.2 trillion infrastructure fell apart Thursday night after many lawmakers objected.
< Politics, Bill Hagerty, Chuck Schumer, infrastructure, Janet Yellen, Kyrsten Sinema >