- New York Magazine 19:26April 26, 2021Supreme Court Accepts Case That Could Overturn State Gun LawsA New York concealed-carry licensing regulation that requires demonstration of a distinctive need for self-defense outside the home could soon fall.
< politics, second amendment, guns, gun violence, district of columbia v. heller, concealed-carry laws, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, john roberts, clarence thomas, samuel alito, u.s. supreme court >
- New York Magazine 14:00April 6, 2021Why Is the Supreme Court Hesitating on Abortion?With a solidly anti-choice bloc on the bench, a decision on whether to hear a big case is all the more mysterious.
< politics, supreme court, abortion, roe v. wade, planned parenthood v. casey, dobbs v. jackson women's health organization, hellerstedt v. whole women's health, june medical services v. russo, john roberts, stephen breyer, brett kavanaugh, amy comey barrett, clarence thomas, samuel alito, neil gorsuch, harry blackmun, mississippi >
- Breitbart News 23:53April 5, 2021Clarence Thomas: Supreme Court Will Soon Have to Address Tech Censorship"We will soon have no choice but to address how our legal doctrines apply to highly concentrated, privately owned information infrastructure such as digital platforms" wrote Thomas.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Clarence Thomas, First Amendment, Free Speech Online, Masters of the Universe, SCOTUS, Section 230, Twitter >
- Breitbart News 06:07February 23, 2021Clarence Thomas Dissent in Election Cases: 'Our Fellow Citizens Deserve Better'“Our fellow citizens deserve better and expect more of us,” Justice Clarence Thomas declared Monday, when the Supreme Court decided -- by one vote --to hear none of the 2020 election cases raising issues of voter fraud and illegal votes.
< Politics, Clarence Thomas, election law, Pennsylvania, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 23:46February 6, 2021A group of Black Republicans are pressing the National Museum of African American History to properly 'honor' Clarence ThomasThe members are asking for the museum to create a stronger tribute to Thomas, the second Black person in US history to sit on the Supreme Court.
< Politics, Byron Donalds, Clarence Thomas, National Museum of African American History and Culture, Supreme Court, Thurgood Marshall, GOP >
- Business Insider 21:50February 2, 2021Ginni Thomas apologized to her husband's Supreme Court clerks after supporting the 'Stop the Steal' rally ahead of the Capitol riotThe far-right conspiracy theorist and wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas made a rare turn from her support of President Donald Trump.
< Politics, News, Ginni Thomas, Virginia Thomas, Clarence Thomas, Capitol Siege, Donald Trump, Supreme Court >
- New York Magazine 02:00January 23, 2021Can Biden and Democrats Protect Abortion Rights From Trump’s Judges?The worst was averted when Trump lost and Democrats won control of the Senate. But an anti-abortion majority on the Supreme Court could strike soon.
< politics, abortion, roe v. wade, joe biden, kamala harris, u.s. supreme court, stephen breyer, john roberts, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, brett kavanaugh, neil gorsuch, planned parenthood v. casey, samuel alito, june medical services v. russo, donald trump, ruth bader ginsburg >
- New York Magazine 03:53December 12, 2020Supreme Court Drop Kicks Texas Lawsuit to Overturn the Election for TrumpA legal effort to keep Trump in power attracted huge Republican support. But the president’s favorite justices wouldn’t even hear it.
< politics, vision 2020, donald trump, joe biden, u.s. supreme court, contested election, ken paxton, texas v. pennsylvania, samuel alito, clarence thomas, amy coney barrett, neil gorsuch, brett kavanaugh >
- Breitbart News 03:12December 12, 2020Supreme Court Dismisses Texas 2020 Election Challenge; Alito and Thomas DisagreeTexas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a case directly to the Supreme Court, challenging the election results from Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin.
< 2020 Election, Politics, Amy Coney Barrett, Brett Kavanaugh, Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Supreme Court, Texas >