- Business Insider 19:09June 22, 2021Jim Cramer says he will buy bitcoin again if it falls to near $10,000 - a day after saying he sold nearly all his holdings"I would go back in if I could get it at $10,000, $11,000, $12,000 - where I bought a lot [before]," Cramer said during Tuesday's Squawk Box.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bitcoin, Jim Cramer, btc, cryptocurrecny, Colonial Pipeline, China bitcoin, China bitcoin mining, JBS, bitcoin selloff >
- Breaking Defense 00:12June 22, 2021Mandatory Cyber Reporting Within 24 Hours: Sen. Warner BillSen. Warner’s draft legislation, long expected, marks one of the first attempts to create a federal law mandating cyber incident reporting by some entities. Notably, the bill provides reporting entities with a degree of privacy and legal protection.
< Congress, Networks / Cyber, Threats, colonial pipeline, CyberAttack, CyberAttacks, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, Sen. Gary Peters, Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. mark warner, Sen. Rob Portman, Sen. Susan Collins, Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee, Senate Intelligence Committee, SolarWinds >
- Business Insider 23:01June 21, 2021Jim Cramer says he sold nearly all his bitcoin and that the cryptocurrency isn't going back up because of structural reasons including regulation and cyberattacksCramer cited China's tough stance towards cryptocurrency and the recent cyber attacks among his reasons for selling.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Jim Cramer, China bitcoin, China bitcoin mining, Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, bitcoin crash, JBS, Colonial Pipeline, cyber attack, btc >
- Business Insider 02:04June 15, 2021Cyberattacks have hit at least 17 targets in the US since March, from local governments and schools to major meat and oil suppliers. Here's the full list.President Biden is expected to address cyberattacks with Russian President Vladamir Putin during their meeting Wednesday.
< Tech Insider, News, Colonial Pipeline, JBS, Cyberattack >
- Business Insider 14:49June 12, 2021Major cyberattacks have rocked the US, and there are 'a lot of different ways that ransomware actors can disrupt everyone's lives,' experts sayIn addition to attacks on Colonial Pipeline and meat producer JBS, hackers have targeted local governments, TV stations, and water treatment plants.
< Tech Insider, Politics, News, JBS, Colonial Pipeline, Cyberattack, original reporting >
- Business Insider 20:26June 10, 2021Cryptocurrency owners say they want more government oversight of the market to combat ransomware, Harris survey shows57% of crypto owners surveyed support additional regulation to combat the rise of ransomware attacks, a Harris Poll survey finds.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Cryptocurrencies, Ransomware attack, Colonial Pipeline, JBS, FBI, Hackers, Darkside, bitcoin wallet, Bitcoin >
- Business Insider 15:00June 9, 2021Coinbase pushes back against the theory it helped US authorities recover Colonial Pipeline ransom cryptoAfter US authorities seized back the Colonial Pipeline crypto ransom, graphs circulated online linking the bitcoin transfer to Coinbase servers.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Coinbase, crypto, Colonial Pipeline, Bitcoin, Hacker Attack, Markets >
- Breaking Defense 14:01June 9, 2021Pipeline CEO Defends Company’s Cyber Info Sharing“[Paying the ransom] was the hardest decision I’ve made in my 39 years in the energy industry… and I put the interest of the country first,” Colonial’s CEO told Congress. “I believe with all my heart [paying the ransom] was the right choice to make, but I want to respect those who see this issue differently.” The post Pipeline CEO Defends Company’s Cyber Info Sharing appeared first on Breaking Defense.
< Congress, Networks / Cyber, Threats, colonial pipeline, Cyber Executive Order, CyberAttack, CyberAttacks, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, Department of Energy, Department of Justice, FBI, information sharing, operational technologies, operational technology, ransomware, Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee >
- New York Magazine 20:32June 8, 2021Hacked Colonial Pipeline System Had Less Security Than Your iPhoneCEO reveals VPN hit by Russian criminals didn’t use multifactor authentication. The attack caused a crippling gasoline shortage across the U.S.
< colonial pipeline, cyberattacks, russia, business >
- Business Insider 18:50June 8, 2021Bitcoin's reputation as a government-free zone is in question after the US snatches $2.3 million from hackersThe idea that bitcoin is free from government interference has been dented after the FBI gained access to a wallet, analysts said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bitcoin, btc, Ransomware, Colonial Pipeline, FBI, Ransom Payments >
- Business Insider 18:08June 8, 2021Bitcoin tumbles 10% after US authorities claw back most of Colonial Pipeline crypto ransomBitcoin security concerns may be hitting investors after the DOJ recovered $2.3 million (63.7 bitcoin) of the $4.3 million Colonial Pipeline ransom.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bitcoin, bitcoin price, btc, BTC price, BTC price today, Cryptocurrencies, Colonial Pipeline >
- The Bell 17:20June 8, 2021Власти США нашли и вернули половину выкупа, который Colonial Pipeline заплатила хакерамВласти США получили доступ к биткоин-кошельку, на который компания Colonial Pipeline перевела деньги взломавшим ее хакерам. Вернуть получилось примерно половину выкупа. Об этом пишет Reuters.О том, что следователи конфисковали 63,7 биткоинов (сейчас оцениваются примерно в $2,3 млн), выплаченных хакерам топливной компанией Colonial Pipeline, рассказала заместитель генерального прокурора США Лиза Монако. По ее словам, у ФБР был ключ для разблокировки кошелька, на который […]
Сообщение Власти США нашли и вернули половину выкупа, который Colonial Pipeline заплатила хакерам появились сначала на The Bell.
< Новости, Colonial Pipeline, кибератаки, кибербезопасность, технологии, хакеры >
- Business Insider 06:34June 8, 2021The FBI recovered a huge chunk of the Colonial Pipeline ransom by secretly gaining access to Darkside's bitcoin wallet passwordThe FBI seized $2.3 million after following the ransom money to a bitcoin wallet used by the hackers, for which the agency had a "private key."
< News, Tech Insider, Finance, Energy, Politics, Enterprise, Military & Defense, Colonial Pipeline, Darkside, Ransomware, Hacking, FBI, Federal Bureau of Investigation, doj, Department of Justice, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Cyberattack >
- New York Magazine 02:42June 8, 2021DOJ Recovers Most of Colonial Pipeline’s Ransom Payment to HackersThe Department of Justice seized around 85 percent of the Bitcoin the firm paid to Russian cybercriminals to stop their May attack.
< bitcoin, colonial pipeline, cyberattacks >
- Business Insider 22:23June 7, 2021US authorities say they've recovered a 'majority' of the ransom Colonial Pipeline paid to re-open its critical fuel routeThe Department of Justice says it tracked down millions of dollars worth of cryptocurrency paid last month to attackers likely based in Russia.
< News, Politics, Speed desk, Breaking, Colonial Pipeline, Ransomware, cyber attack >
- Business Insider 19:20June 7, 2021US senators urge stricter crypto regulation after a flood of ransomware attacksDemocratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia and Republican Sen. Roy Blunt of Missouri spoke with NBC's Meet the Press on Sunday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Colonial Pipeline, JBS, Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, Ransomware attack, cyberhacking, cyberhack, Mark Warner, Roy Blunt, Senate Intelligence Committee, Crypto Regulation, Yellen, Janet Yellen, US Treasury, Biden administration >
- New York Times 19:43May 29, 2021Secret Chats Show How Cybergang Became a Ransomware PowerhouseAs the ransomware industry exploded, a Russian-speaking outfit called DarkSide offered would-be computer crooks not just the tools, but also customer support. We got an inside look.
< Cyberattacks and Hackers, Extortion and Blackmail, DarkSide (Hacking Group), Russia, Colonial Pipeline Co, ransomware, Bitcoin (Currency), Putin, Vladimir V, Computer Security >
- Business Insider 16:03May 29, 2021American companies resemble a bunch of preschoolers running with pointy scissors when it comes to cybersecurityThe SolarWinds and Colonial Pipeline hacks could have been prevented with basic cybersecurity. Many companies don't think it's worth the investment.
< Opinion, Tech Insider, News, Politics, Energy, Military & Defense, Opinion, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer, Cybersecurity, Colonial Pipeline, Hack, Tech, Darkside, Ransomware attack, SolarWinds >
- Breaking Defense 21:19May 27, 2021DHS Cyber Order Signals Shift To ‘Mandatory Measures’“It’s pretty clear that voluntary measures that companies take have not yielded a cybersecurity posture that is adequate for the needs of the nation. So some mandatory measures are clearly the next step if we want to achieve a more robust cybersecurity posture for the nation,” Herbert Lin, a cybersecurity expert at Stanford University, says.
< Networks / Cyber, Threats, Alejandro Mayorkas, colonial pipeline, critical infrastructure, critical infrastructure protection, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, dhs, DHS Secretary, ransomware, TSA >
- Business Insider 19:36May 25, 2021DHS will reportedly introduce the US' first cybersecurity regulations after the Colonial Pipeline hack revealed the fragility of American infrastructureThe Department of Homeland Security will require pipeline companies to report cyberattacks to federal authorities, sources told The Washington Post.
< Tech Insider, News, Colonial Pipeline, Cybersecurity, Department of Homeland Security, Gas shortages, Regulation >
- Business Insider 14:17May 24, 2021Americans want to travel again but some vacations are now way more expensive than normal, thanks to a 17% spike in flight fares and rising hotel pricesJust as people want to travel again, prices of flights and hotel rooms soaring. Hotel rates in Cancun, Mexico, are higher than 2019, data suggests.
< Transportation, News, Travel, Airlines, Hotels, COVID-19, Disney World, Colonial Pipeline >
- Business Insider 19:08May 20, 2021Bitcoin rallies 11% back above $42,000 as a multi-day sell-off subsidesBitcoin is rebounding after a sharp two-day sell-off. Analysts remain bullish about the prospects of the cryptocurrency long-term.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, btc, Elon Musk, Colonial Pipeline, cryptocurrency >
- Business Insider 16:25May 20, 2021The nation's largest pipeline may have reopened, but customers will still face surging gas prices this summerHigh gas prices may dampen your summer vacation plans this year, as fuel prices show no signs of falling back down.
< Economy, News, Transportation, Gas Prices, gas shortage, US supply chains, Inflation, Colonial Pipeline >
- Breaking Defense 01:13May 20, 2021Hill Presses For Better Cyber Responses, More Info SharingColonial Pipeline “refused” to share details of ransomware payment with Congress. “Our constituents are on the front lines of these [cyber]attacks, and yet they don’t know what their country is doing to respond,” Rep. Slotkin said.
< Congress, Networks / Cyber, Threats, colonial pipeline, cybersecurity, House Armed Services Commitee, Rep. Elissa Slotkin, Sen. Joe Manchin, Sen. Mike Rounds, Senate Armed Services Committee >
- Breitbart News 00:57May 20, 2021Exclusive — Mike Pompeo: Biden Has Unleashed Myriad Crises on America, World, Republicans Must ‘Never Give An Inch’Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unleashed in an exclusive Breitbart News interview a blistering critique of what he views as President Joe Biden’s failed leadership of the United States, whereby the president has caused myriad domestic and international crises that threaten American leadership in the world and ordinary American families.
< Economy, Israel / Middle East, Politics, border, Border Crisis, catch and release, Chinese Communist Party, Colonial Pipeline, Donald Trump, Energy, Gas, Gaza Strip, Hamas, immigration, Iran, Israel, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Keystone XL Pipeline, Mike Pompeo, Oil, On the Hill, Remain in Mexico, Tony Blinken >
- Business Insider 17:05May 19, 2021The hackers who shut down Colonial Pipeline brought in over $90 million in bitcoin ransoms while in operationDarkSide, which forced a shutdown of the Colonial Pipeline, has collected 47 ransoms since October, according to new research.
< Tech Insider, News, Colonial Pipeline, crypto, Tech, Darkside, Bitcoin >
- Business Insider 14:20May 19, 2021Ransomware attacks add to bitcoin's woes, shining a light on the use of cryptocurrencies in crimeHackers have demanded to be paid in cryptocurrencies in recent high-profile cyberattacks, raising the old issue of bitcoin and crime.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, bitcoin regulation, Ransomware, Colonial Pipeline, Bitcoin, btc, Cryptocurrency risks >
- The Bell 14:38May 16, 2021Хакерская корпорация: как устроен бизнес DarkSide, устроившей топливный кризис в СШАЗа последние полторы недели русскоязычная хакерская группировка DarkSide упорно отказывалась уходить с первых страниц мировых СМИ. Сначала она взломала крупнейший в США трубопровод для нефтепродуктов и парализовала его работу. Потом выступила с публичным заявлением о том, что атака — «просто бизнес». Потом, добившись выкупа, DarkSide заявила о роспуске — но почти сразу стало известно, что […]
Сообщение Хакерская корпорация: как устроен бизнес DarkSide, устроившей топливный кризис в США появились сначала на The Bell.
< Истории, Colonial Pipeline, DarkSide, хакеры >
- Business Insider 17:03May 15, 2021Colonial Pipeline says it has restored service to 'normal operations' following cyberattack that forced a shutdownThe nearly week-long shutdown caused governors in several states to declare states of emergency as residents panic bought gasoline and gas stations hiked up prices.
< Energy, Transportation, News, Colonial Pipeline, Ransomware, Gasoline, Energy, oil & gas, Cybersecurity, weekend BI US >
- Breitbart News 18:27May 14, 2021Report: U.S. Capital Nearly Out of Gas While North Carolina, Virginia Also Endure Steep OutagesThe United State's capital is nearly dry of gasoline Friday morning while states such as North Carolina and Virginia are also struggling, according to recent data.
< Economy, Politics, Pre-Viral, Colonial Pipeline, Gas, gasoline, Joe Biden, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC >
- Breitbart News 17:50May 14, 2021Wired: Colonial Pipeline's Ransomware Payoff Keeps Infrastructure 'in the Crosshairs'A recent report from Wired reveals that a week after a ransomware attack shut down Colonial Pipeline halting fuel distribution on the East Coast, the company paid a reported $5 million dollar ransom to regain control of their systems and resume operations. The payoff may lead to future ransomware attacks, as one expert notes: "Unfortunately, it’ll help keep United States critical infrastructure providers in the crosshairs. If a sector proves to be profitable, they’ll keep on hitting it.”
< Economy, Politics, Tech, bitcoin, Colonial Pipeline, gas shortage, hackers, Ransomware, Russia >
- Breitbart News 03:46May 14, 2021Atlanta Mayor: 'Hard to Get Gas' in Atlanta Area, I Encouraged My Son to 'Stay at Home' So He Wouldn't Run OutOn Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The ReidOut,” Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) said that it’s difficult to get gas in the Atlanta area and that she “had this conversation with my 19-year-old last night, that he needed to stay
< Clips, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Gas, gas shortage, Keisha Lance Bottoms >
- Breaking Defense 01:39May 14, 2021Hacks Drive Growing Calls For Mandatory Cyber Data SharingThe cyber executive order “properly emphasizes” information sharing. Sens. Peters and Portman float updating FISMA. FERC calls for mandatory pipeline cyber standards. Report says vulnerable Exchange Server “most likely culprit” at Colonial. FireEye details DarkSide’s business, ops.
< Congress, Networks / Cyber, Threats, Biden administration, Brandon Wales, colonial pipeline, Cyber Executive Order, CyberAttack, CyberAttacks, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, FERC, FISMA, Microsoft Exchange Hack, ransomware, Sen. Gary Peters, Sen. mark warner, Sen. Rob Portman, Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee, SolarWinds >
- Breitbart News 20:11May 13, 2021Virginia BP Gas Station Charges $6.99 per Gallon amid Fuel ShortageA gas station in Richmond, Virginia, charged customers $6.99 a gallon Tuesday not long after the governor declared a state of emergency because of the Colonial Pipeline ransomware cyberattack that caused gasoline shortages.
< Economy, Politics, Pre-Viral, Colonial Pipeline, Gas, gas station, Mark Herring, Ralph Northam, Richmond, Virginia >
- Business Insider 19:46May 13, 2021The Colonial Pipeline is back up, but gas shortages have gotten worse and it'll take time to make up the shortfallExperts suggest it will take between days and weeks for gas stations across the East Coast to fully recover from the cyber attack.
< News, Tech Insider, INSIDER Data, Colonial Pipeline, Cyberattack, Gas, Petroleum, Gas Prices >
- The Bell 18:31May 13, 2021Colonial Pipeline заплатила почти $5 млн выкупа хакерамColonial Pipeline заплатила почти $5 млн хакерам в пятницу, узнал Bloomberg. Ранее компания заявляла, что не собирается идти на поводу у вымогателей, однако сами власти признают, что иногда другого выхода у компаний может не быть.Компания Colonial, которая управляет крупнейшим трубопроводом в США, узнала о взломе своей системе 7 мая, после чего сразу же прекратила свою деятельность — это привело к нехватке топлива и появлению ажиотажного спроса на заправочных станциях на всем […]
Сообщение Colonial Pipeline заплатила почти $5 млн выкупа хакерам появились сначала на The Bell.
< Новости, Colonial Pipeline, хакеры >
- Breitbart News 18:08May 13, 2021Report: Colonial Pipeline Paid Nearly $5 Million Ransom to HackersColonial Pipeline Co. paid hackers nearly $5 million to free their computer network Friday, despite claims they had no intention of doing so.
< Economy, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Joe Biden, Ransomware, White House >
- Business Insider 18:00May 13, 2021Colonial Pipeline reportedly paid nearly $5 million to the hackers that shut off service to the largest fuel line in the USAfter a hacking group shut down its operations, Colonial Pipeline reportedly paid out nearly $5 million in cryptocurrency to restore service.
< Tech Insider, News, Colonial Pipeline, US Department of Energy, Gasoline, Gas, Oil, Jet Fuel, Hacking, Hackers, Ransomware, crypto, cryptocurrency >
- Business Insider 17:04May 13, 2021US says fuel supplies should be 'back to normal' by the weekend as key pipeline restarts after cyberattackUS Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said the Colonial Pipeline restart went smoothly overnight, boding well for a return-to-normal supply.
< Energy, News, Markets, Colonial Pipeline, Gas, Fuel, gas shortage, Darkside, Cyberattack, Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm, Department Of Energy >
- New York Magazine 17:00May 13, 2021What We Know About the Colonial Pipeline ShutdownThe pipeline is now flowing as of 5 p.m. on Wednesday, though the company says it will take several days for supply to return to normal.
< colonial pipeline, gasoline, biden administration, politics, cyberattacks, ransomware, infrastructure, gas prices, explainer >
- Breitbart News 16:33May 13, 2021Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm on Colonial Pipeline Crisis: If You Drove an Electric Car, ‘This Would Not Be Affecting You’Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said if people drove electric cars, they would not be affected by the Colonial Pipeline shutdown.
< Environment, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Department of Energy, Electric Vehicles, gas shortage, Jennifer Granholm, Michigan, Oil >
- Business Insider 15:17May 13, 2021Oil and gasoline tumble after the Colonial restarts its pipeline after the cyberattack shutdownA cyberattack that shut the biggest US pipeline caused gas stations to run dry, as drivers scrambled for fuel, while oil prices rose.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Energy, Energy Markets, oil & gas, Oil, Commodities, Colonial Pipeline, Fuel, Gasoline, Diesel, Crude Oil, WTI Crude >
- Breaking Defense 03:55May 13, 2021Biden Orders Fed Cybersecurity Boost; Targets Prevention, Reporting“It reflects a fundamental shift in our mindset — from incident response to prevention, from talking about security to doing security,” a senior administration official says.
< Networks / Cyber, colonial pipeline, cyber espionage, Cyber Executive Order, cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency CISA, Microsoft Exchange Hack, national security council, President Joe Biden, SolarWinds, white house >
- Breitbart News 02:54May 13, 2021Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp: Biden Should 'Reauthorize Keystone XL Pipeline'Following a massive cyberattack on the Colonial Pipeline, the largest pipeline system for refined oil products in America, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) suggested Wednesday that now may be the time for President Joe Biden to "reauthorize the Keystone XL Pipeline."
< Politics, Brian Kemp, Colonial Pipeline, Joe Biden, Keystone XL Pipeline >
- Business Insider 01:42May 13, 2021Colonial Pipeline restarts operations, but says supply chain issues may continue for 'several days'More than 1,000 gas stations across the East Coast ran dry after the pipeline was knocked offline by a crippling cyberattack.
< News, Transportation, Energy, Markets, Colonial Pipeline, Energy, Gas Prices, Cyberattack >
- Breitbart News 01:25May 13, 2021Joe Biden Proposes More Education Spending to Solve Gas ShortageJoe Biden expressed sympathy for Americans suffering from spiking gas prices but did not offer any immediate solutions.
< Economy, Education, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Cybersecurity, gas shortage, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, White House >
- Breitbart News 00:54May 13, 2021John Kerry Believes Pipelines Are More Efficient, Contradicting the Biden AdministrationDuring an appearance in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Thursday, Kerry said pipelines are better than the alternates. This is after President Joe Biden canceled the permits for the Keystone XL pipeline earlier this year.
< Economy, Environment, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Energy, Fuel, Joe Biden, John Kerry, Keystone XL Pipeline, pipeline >
- Breitbart News 00:47May 13, 2021Report: Colonial Pipeline Doesn't Plan to Pay Ransom in Cyber AttackColonial Pipeline reportedly does not currently plan on paying a a ransom to hackers believed to be responsible for a cyber attack on the energy giant's pipeline, which has caused gas shortages across parts of the United States.
< Economy, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, Gas, North Carolina, Pete Buttigieg, Roy Cooper >
- Breitbart News 23:56May 12, 2021Mike Lee: 'Excessive Government Spending' Causing Gas Prices to HikeWednesday on Fox News Channel's "America's Newsroom," Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) blamed "excessive government spending" for the surge in prices for gas and other goods in the United States.
< Clips, Economy, Politics, America's Newsroom, Colonial Pipeline, Fox News Channel, Mike Lee >
- Breitbart News 21:54May 12, 2021Day Five: Team Biden Can't Say When Gasoline Crisis Will EndThe White House struggled Wednesday to respond to the gas shortage on the East Coast of the United States, five days after the Colonial pipeline was shut down by a ransomware cyberattack.
< Economy, Politics, Colonial Pipeline, gas shortage, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, White House >