- Snopes 19:07May 13, 2021Justices Consider Hearing a Case on ‘Most Offensive Word’The case is a test of whether the justices are willing to wade into the ongoing, complex conversations about race happening nationwide.
< supreme court >
- Huffington Post UK 12:35May 13, 2021Chrissy Teigen Apologises For Harassing A Teenage Courtney Stodden
< Entertainment, uk celebrity, Chrissy Teigen, Courtney Stodden, uk-celebrity, chrissy-teigen, courtney-stodden >
- Business Insider 16:16May 10, 2021Ugg boots will still be trademarked in the US, a federal appeals court has ruled, a report saysAustralian Leather lost its appeal against UGG-owner Deckers, in the latest round a trademark battle over the 'Ugg' name brand.
< Retail, UGG boots, Trademark, Australia, appeals court, Fashion >
- Business Insider 16:32May 9, 2021Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer should just retire alreadyDemocrats are barely holding onto the Senate. So the right time for Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire is now.
< Opinion, Politics, Opinion, BI Commentary, columnist, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court, Politics, Senate Democrats, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Brett Kavanaugh >
- Business Insider 18:00May 7, 2021A former shoe company CFO admitted to siphoning $30 million to pay for diamonds and flights to tropical vacationsHe used the millions of dollars from Alden Shoe Company to enrich himself with luxury travel and diamond jewelry, the DOJ said.
< Retail, News, embezzlement, Shoes, CFO, guilty, US District Court, Financial Crime, White collar, Wire Fraud >
- Business Insider 17:38May 6, 2021Xbox consoles have never been profitable on their own, Microsoft admits in courtXbox consoles have never been profitable, a Microsoft representative said in a court testimony on Wednesday.
< Tech Insider, Entertainment, Video Games, Gaming, Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, Trial, Court, Lori Wright >
- Huffington Post UK 16:28May 6, 2021Courteney Cox Reveals What Made Filming The Friends Reunion 'So Emotional'
< Entertainment, uktv, nostalgia, we love tv, friends, Courteney Cox, we-love-tv, courteney-cox >
- The Guardian 15:09May 6, 2021ICC sentences Ugandan Lord’s Resistance Army leader to 25 yearsFormer child soldier Dominic Ongwen committed crimes against humanity as commander in cultThe international criminal court has sentenced a former militia leader and child soldier from Uganda to 25 years in prison after he was found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity in a landmark judgment.The presiding judge, Bertram Schmitt, said the panel of judges had considered sentencing Dominic Ongwen to life imprisonment, the court’s harshest punishment, but had sided against it due to the defendant’s own personal suffering. Continue reading...
< International criminal court, Uganda, Africa, International criminal justice, Law, World news, War crimes >
- Breitbart News 16:38May 5, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Upholds the Blacklisting of Donald TrumpFacebook's "Supreme Court" has upheld Mark Zuckerberg's blacklisting of former President Donald Trump's accounts temporarily, giving Facebook another six months to announce whether it will be lifting the suspension or deleting Trump's pages.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe >
- Business Insider 15:49May 5, 20212 attorneys in Bill and Melinda Gates' divorce also worked on Jeff Bezos' split in 2019Bill gates' lawyer Ted Billbe previously represented Bezos' ex-wife MacKenzie Scott. Melinda Gates' lawyer Sherri Anderson represented Bezos.
< Tech Insider, Attorney, Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Divorce, Tech Insider, Marriage, Court >
- Breitbart News 18:12May 3, 2021Facebook 'Supreme Court' Will Announce Decision on Trump Blacklisting WednesdayThe Facebook "Supreme Court" will announce its final decision on former President Trump's Facebook account on Wednesday morning, according to a recent announcement.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Censorship, Donald Trump, Facebook, Facebook Supreme Court, Free Speech Online, Instagram, Mark Zuckerberg, Masters of the Universe, Twitter, YouTube >
- The Guardian 07:00May 3, 2021Ugandan president’s son named in ICC complaint over abductions and abuseMuhoozi Kainerugaba leads Special Forces Command, an elite military unit blamed for widespread abusesWarning: graphic information in this report may upset some readersLawyers acting for the victims of a wave of abductions and torture by security forces in Uganda have named senior military commanders, including the president’s son, in a complaint to the international criminal court.Prosecutors at the ICC are already reviewing an earlier submission from the opposition politician Robert Kyagulanyi, the former reggae singer known as Bobi Wine, describing widespread human rights abuses before presidential polls held in January. Continue reading...
< Uganda, Yoweri Museveni, Bobi Wine, Human rights, International criminal court, Torture, International criminal justice, Africa, World news >
- Business Insider 16:34May 2, 2021America hasn't addressed its brutal gun violence crisis because of cowardly, callous leadership. It's time for someone to be courageous.Gun deaths keep adding up and yet leaders do nothing to address the problem. How much tragedy would finally force this country to make real change?
< Opinion, Politics, News, gun violence, Joe Biden, Gun Control, Second Amendment, Supreme Court, Mass Shootings, BI Commentary, Opinion >
- Breitbart News 02:38May 2, 2021Coronavirus Crackdown: Judge Orders Canadian Church Locked to Prevent Sunday Worship ServicesA judge in Woolwich Township in Ontario, Canada, has ordered Trinity Bible Chapel be locked to prevent Sunday worship services.
< Faith, Health, Politics, Canada, coronavirus, court order, ontario, worship services >
- New York Magazine 01:17April 30, 2021Kris Kobach Won’t Go AwayThe Republican Party’s gift that keeps on giving to Kansas Democrats is running for attorney general.
< politics, kansas, 2022 midterms, kris kobach, sam brownback, nativism, presidential commission on election integrity, laura kelly, jeff colyer, roger marshall, pat roberts, donald trump, sb 1070, voter fraud, u.s. supreme court >
- Snopes 22:23April 29, 2021An Unusual Coalition As Supreme Court Rules for ImmigrantBy a 6-3 vote, the court sided with Agusto Niz-Chavez, a Guatemalan immigrant who has been in the United States since 2005.
< immigration, supreme court >
- Business Insider 20:39April 29, 2021A former Georgia sheriff's deputy said he wanted to charge Black people with felonies to prevent them from voting, court documents showWilkinson County sheriff's deputy Cody Griggers, 28, pleaded guilty to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm and was fired in November.
< News, Politics, INSIDER Data, Voting, Crime, Felony, court documents >
- New York Times 12:00April 29, 2021As Old Murder Case Takes On New Life, Some Transgender People Dare HopeOutraged by a long-ignored slaying in Honduras, lawyers are urging a human rights court in Central America to force governments to better protect transgender people in a region where they are targets.
< Transgender and Transsexuals, Honduras, Inter-American Court of Human Rights, Latin America, Police Brutality, Misconduct and Shootings, Gender, Human Rights and Human Rights Violations, Murders, Attempted Murders and Homicides >
- Breaking Defense 23:54April 28, 2021Carlos Del Toro Leads Biden’s Navy Secretary ListThe Cuban-American served multiple tours at sea as a naval officer, and would take over a service in the midst of a radical modernization effort.
< Congress, Naval Warfare, Pentagon, Carlos Del Toro, House Armed Services Commitee, navy, Navy Secretary, pentagon, rep. joe courtney, Rep. Mike Gallagher, Trump-Biden Transition >
- Breitbart News 05:13April 28, 2021Ellison: I Agree with International Courts Investigating U.S. Justice SystemOn Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The ReidOut,” Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison (D) said that he agrees with the International Criminal Court investigating the American criminal justice system and “if we have nothing to hide, we shouldn’t worry about what
< Clips, Law and Order, Politics, International Criminal Court, Keith Ellison, Police, policing >
- The Guardian(UK) 07:00April 27, 2021Israel is committing the crime of apartheid, rights watchdog saysHuman Rights Watch calls on international criminal court to investigate ‘systematic discrimination’ against PalestiniansHuman Rights Watch has accused Israeli officials of committing the crimes of apartheid and persecution, claiming the government enforces an overarching policy to “maintain the domination by Jewish Israelis over Palestinians”.In a report released on Tuesday, the New York-based advocacy group became the first major international rights body to level such allegations. It said that after decades of warnings that an entrenched hold over Palestinian life could lead to apartheid, it had found that the “threshold” had been crossed. Continue reading...
< Israel, Palestinian territories, International criminal court, Middle East and North Africa, World news, Human rights, International criminal justice, Law >
- New York Magazine 19:26April 26, 2021Supreme Court Accepts Case That Could Overturn State Gun LawsA New York concealed-carry licensing regulation that requires demonstration of a distinctive need for self-defense outside the home could soon fall.
< politics, second amendment, guns, gun violence, district of columbia v. heller, concealed-carry laws, brett kavanaugh, amy coney barrett, john roberts, clarence thomas, samuel alito, u.s. supreme court >
- Snopes 18:57April 26, 2021Supreme Court to Take Up Right to Carry Gun for Self-DefenseThe case, which reviews a ruling on New York's restrictive gun permit laws, probably will be argued in the fall.
< gun control, supreme court >
- Snopes 17:03April 26, 2021Student’s Snapchat Profanity Leads to Supreme Court Speech CaseAt issue is whether public schools can discipline students over something they say off-campus.
< snapchat, supreme court >
- Business Insider 16:44April 26, 2021The Supreme Court will decide if New York's limits on concealed carry violate the Second AmendmentNY State Rifle & Pistol Assoc. v. Corlett raises the question of whether there is a constitutional right to carry guns outside the home.
< Politics, Speed, Breaking, Supreme Court, Second Amendment >
- The Guardian 07:00April 26, 2021Greece accused of ‘shocking’ illegal pushback against refugees at seaLawsuit filed at European court of human rights says group were abandoned in life rafts after some were beatenA lawsuit filed against the Greek state at the European court of human rights accuses Athens of a shocking level of violence in sophisticated inter-agency operations that form part of an illegal pushback to stop the arrival of refugees and migrants.The suit, filed by the NGO Legal Centre Lesvos, centres on an alleged incident in October last year in which a fishing boat set off from Marmaris in Turkey for Italy carrying about 200 people, including 40 children and a pregnant woman. The boat ran into difficulty in a storm off the south coast of Crete, leading the captain to radio for assistance. Continue reading...
< Greece, Refugees, Migration, European court of human rights, Europe, Human rights, Law, World news >
- Business Insider 15:35April 25, 2021I went to Costco's food court during a pandemic, and it's still one of the best deals at the storeDining areas were closed because of COVID, but Costco is planning to reopen some and expanding menus again.
< Retail, Features, Retail, Costco, Costco food court, Big Box, Business Visual Features >
- Business Insider 15:50April 23, 2021Is this Australian computer scientist bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto? A UK court is going to decide.Wright claims he authored the 2008 bitcoin whitepaper, and that the bitcoin.org website infringes his copyright.
< Markets, Finance, Law, MI Exclusive, Markets, Craig Wright, Bitcoin, Inventor, Satoshi Nakamoto, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Court Case >
- Breitbart News 04:45April 23, 2021Ted Cruz: Republicans Did Not Try to Pack Court, Democrats 'Trying to Rig the Game'Republicans did not try to pack the Supreme Court when they controlled Washington, Sen. Ted Cruz said during a press conference on Thursday, contending Democrats are "trying to rig the game" because they know voters will not support their radical agenda.
< Politics, court-packing, Democrats, SCOTUS, Supreme Court, Ted Cruz >
- Business Insider 00:30April 22, 2021A US Air Force general is facing court-martial for the first time ever. He has been charged with sexual assault."I can assure you this was not a decision made lightly, but I believe it was the right decision," an Air Force commander said.
< Military & Defense, News, Air Force, Court martial, general, Sexual Assault >
- New York Magazine 23:03April 19, 2021Justice Barrett Gets Big Book Deal to Tell Readers What They Don’t Want to HearThe justice’s book will explain that personal feelings don’t matter to judges. Her assumed personal feelings on abortion are why she’s on the Court.
< politics, supreme court, amy coney barrett, roe v. wade, donald trump, catholicism, elizabeth warren >
- Business Insider 17:50April 19, 2021Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett gets $2 million advance for a book deal, according to new reportThe $2 million figure is significantly higher than what Barrett's colleagues Clarence Thomas and Sonia Sotomayor received for their books.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Amy Coney Barrett, book advance >
- Breitbart News 16:19April 19, 2021Exclusive: Republican Attorneys General Plan to Fight ‘Insane’ Court-Packing BattleRepublican attorneys general (AGs) across the country are prepared to fight the recently introduced court-packing legislation, as indicated by their vocal statements of opposition to it, endorsements of the Keep Nine amendment, and vows to explore legal routes to challenge the legislation.
< Politics, Attorneys General, court-packing, Dave Yost, Democrats, Ed Markey, Eric Schmitt, Keep Nine Amendment, Leslie Rutledge, On the Hill, Steve Marshall, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 01:57April 19, 2021Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Backs Court-packing; Says Courts Should Not Overrule LegislatureRep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) has backed Democrats' effort to pack the Supreme Court by adding four new seats that would be filled by President Joe Biden, arguing the courts should not be allowed to overturn laws passed by Congress.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, court-packing, judicial review, Supreme Court >
- Business Insider 21:52April 18, 2021New poll indicates most Americans want to end lifetime appointments for Supreme Court justicesThe poll also showed 38% of respondents supported an expansion of the court from nine to 13 members, while 42% opposed the idea.
< Politics, Supreme Court, Supreme Court justices, President Joe Biden, Mondaire Jones >
- Breitbart News 21:47April 18, 2021Michael Savage Warns of Civil War — ‘You Should Be Very Frightened’Discussing everything from culture and immigration to race and violence, foreign policy and the media, as well as the economy and privacy concerns, conservative radio legend Michael Savage on Friday warned of a civil war which awaits the U.S. if the left continues to launch assaults on all that Americans hold dear.
< Media, Politics, Biden, Black Lives Matter, Civil War, court-packing, COVID-19, Marxists, Michael Savage, Nancy Pelosi, NSA, Obama, socialism, Stalin, Trump, White Supremacists >
- Breitbart News 19:17April 17, 2021Rick Scott: 'It'll Be Pretty Easy' to Force Dems to Vote on Court-Packing, We Can 'Make Them Vote on Anything' During ReconciliationOn Friday’s “Hugh Hewitt Show,” Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) said that it will “be pretty easy” to get Senate Democrats on the record on court-packing and that when Democrats attempt to pass legislation through budget reconciliation again, “we’ll have the
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Democrats, Rick Scott, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 19:12April 17, 2021Exclusive — Carrie Severino: Court Packing Will Rubber Stamp D.C. StatehoodCourt packing could make the Supreme Court a "rubber stamp" for Democrats' push for statehood for Washington, DC, warned Carrie Severino.
< Politics, Arabella Advisors, Breitbart News Daily, Carrie Severino, court-packing, D.C. statehood, Joe Biden, Judicial Crisis Network, judiciary, Supreme Court, U.S. Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 18:21April 17, 2021Cruz: Difference Between Biden, FDR Court-Packing Efforts Is Dems Now 'Cheering Joe Biden On'During an appearance on "Fox News @ Night" early Saturday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) weighed in on overtures from Democrats to expand the number of justices on the Supreme Court.
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Fox News @ Night, Fox News Channel, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Joe Biden, Mike Emanuel, Ted Cruz >
- Business Insider 18:07April 17, 2021Democratic Rep. Mondaire Jones calls on Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire"Justice Breyer, for whom I have great respect, should retire at the end of this term," Jones said. "My goodness, have we not learned our lesson?"
< Politics, Mondaire Jones, Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court, President Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 13:09April 17, 2021Trump rape accuser adds to former president's legal woes by asking court to keep defamation lawsuit aliveThe former Elle columnist E. Jean Carroll published an account accusing Trump of raping her in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room in the mid-1990s.
< Politics, Law, News, Donald Trump, Trump accusers, rape allegation, sexual assault accuser, Court Case, trump lawyers, UK Weekend, News UK >
- Breitbart News 05:09April 17, 2021GOP Sen. Marshall: Far-Left Trying to Gain Leverage over SCOTUS with Court-Packing ThreatFriday, Sen. Roger Marshall (R-KS) discussed efforts from congressional Democrats to add more justices to the Supreme Court and how that reflected the power grabs underway from his counterparts on the other side of the aisle.
< Clips, Politics, Fox Business Network, Mornings with Maria, Roger Marshall, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 15:36April 16, 2021McCarthy: 'Do Not Trust Nancy Pelosi' on Claim She Won't Act on Court-PackingThursday on FNC's "Hannity," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) suggested opponents of court-packing should not rest easy despite House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's pledge not to pursue Democrat proposals to expand the number of justices on the U.S. Supreme Court.
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Fox News Channel, Hannity, Kevin McCarthy, Nancy Pelosi, Sean Hannity, Supreme Court >
- Huffington Post UK 10:22April 16, 2021Friends Star Courteney Cox Proves She Was Always Born To Play Monica In Impeccable Instagram Clip
< Entertainment, uktv, uk celebrity, The Brightside, friends, Courteney Cox, Monica Geller, uk-celebrity, the-brightside, courteney-cox, monica-geller >
- Breitbart News 10:00April 16, 2021Blue State Blues: Biden's Hypocrisy on 'Unity' as Democrats Launch Power GrabsPresident Joe Biden ran on promises to unify Americans, and devoted his Inaugural Address to the theme of "unity." Since then, he has done nothing but divide the nation, as his Democratic Party tries to seize power.
< Politics, court-packing, Democrats, Joe Biden, unity >
- Business Insider 05:26April 16, 2021Lauren Boebert says adding Supreme Court judges is an 'act of political terrorism'Boebert was criticizing a move by House Democrats to expand the Supreme Court from nine to 13 justices.
< News, Politics, InsiderAsia, Lauren Boebert, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 05:20April 16, 2021Radical Democrat Priorities in Biden’s First 100 Days: Packing Courts, Amnesty, Reparations, Federalizing Elections, DC Statehood, Banning Electoral CollegeIn President Joe Biden's first 100 days, the Democrats have proposed radical initiatives contrary to Biden's "back to normalcy" campaign sold to the American people.
< Politics, Amnesty, court-packing, D.C. statehood, Electoral College, For the People Act, Joe Biden, radical left, reparations >
- Breitbart News 03:20April 16, 2021Prominent Democrats Held Range of Opinions on Court-PackingProminent Democrats have held a range of opinions on court-packing coinciding with the constant fluctuations of the political landscape, with some fiercely opposing the scheme in the past.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer, court-packing, Ed Markey, Filibuster, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Krysten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, Rashida Tlaib, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer >
- Breitbart News 01:44April 16, 2021Liberal Justice Breyer and the Late Justice Ginsburg Opposed Packing SCOTUS: 'A Bad Idea'Left-wing Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer recently warned against leftists' calls to pack the Court and before her death, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also voiced opposition to it.
< Health, Politics, Pre-Viral, court-packing, Democrats, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court >
- Breitbart News 01:26April 16, 2021Cuellar: Reject Court-Packing and 'Have Elections Have Consequences'On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria,” Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-TX) said that court-packing should be rejected and “have elections have consequences.” Cuellar said, “[O]n the packing the court, honestly, I think it’s a bad idea.
< Clips, Politics, court-packing, Henry Cuellar, Supreme Court >