- Guardian 11:30January 16, 2022Panic as Kosovo pulls the plug on its energy-guzzling bitcoin minersSpeculators rush to sell off their kit as Balkan state announces a crypto clampdown to ease electricity crisisFor bitcoin enthusiasts in Kosovo with a breezy attitude to risk, it has been a good week to strike a deal on computer equipment that can create, or “mine”, the cryptocurrency.From Facebook to Telegram, new posts in the region’s online crypto groups became dominated by dismayed Kosovans attempting to sell off their mining equipment – often at knockdown prices. Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Kosovo, Energy industry, Business, Technology, World news, Energy, Europe >
- Guardian 22:00January 15, 2022Cryptoland runs aground as $12m bid to buy Fiji island for resort falls throughPlans by crypto-evangelists for the lavish hideaway have courted mockery and controversy, and now the island is back on the marketWidely mocked plans to establish a tropical haven for cryptocurrency enthusiasts have run into trouble after a contract to buy an island in Fiji for US$12m fell through.A group of crypto-evangelists, led by Max Olivier and Helena Lopez, outlined plans for the island, Nananu-i-cake, in a lavishly animated YouTube video, featuring a wide-eyed crypto bro named Christopher landing by helicopter and being given a guided tour by a talking coin called Connie. Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Fiji, E-commerce, Technology, Australia news, Pacific islands, Internet, World news >
- Business Insider 16:15January 15, 2022Meme stocks are fading as retail traders rotate into cryptocurrencies and the metaverse, trading fintech CEO saysMeme stocks began losing their lift at the end of 2021 as metaverse stocks like Roblox and Meta grew in popularity.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Meme stocks, AMC, GameStop, Blackberry, Orphazyme, Cryptocurrencies, Crypto Regulation, Fed, SEC, Cynthia Lummis >
- Guardian 11:00January 15, 2022‘Trading is gambling, no doubt about it’ – how cryptocurrency dealing fuels addictionFears rise over how unregulated trading and promotion of crypto assets are creating a new generation of addictsCryptocurrency ads reach record high on London transportDogecoin value soars after Elon Musk moveSteven has lost more bitcoin than most people will ever own.Raised on the remote Shetland archipelago, he left school at 13 to become a trawlerman before moving into construction, eventually earning £85,000 a year digging tunnels for Crossrail.“But my mind would twist and I’d go all in, like a poker player that thought he had the perfect hand. I was convinced I was going to be a bitcoin millionaire.” Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Gambling, Society, Technology, Commodities, Stock markets, Business, Technology sector, UK news, Bitcoin >
- Business Insider 19:53January 14, 2022Venture capitalist Bill Tai knew NFTs would be big following Cryptokitties launch and offers this advice for new investors"Cats and the internet have always been a great thing," he told CNBC at the Crypto Finance Conference in Switzerland.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, NFT investing, Cryptokitties, NFTs, Bill Tai, Cryptocurrencies, Web3, Metaverse, CNBC, CryptoPunks, DapperLabs, NBA Top Shot, crypto >
- Business Insider 18:53January 14, 2022These were the 5 best performing cryptos over the past week amid bitcoin bear marketKeeping an eye on the weekly winners can help investors identify which coins are beginning to see increased traction in the crypto community.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Top Performing Cryptos, Cryptocurrencies, altcoins, altcoins to watch, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- The Guardian(UK) 16:00January 14, 2022Cryptocurrency ads reach record levels on London transportExclusive: Mayor urged to implement promised ban on gambling adverts on TfL – and to extend it to crypto companiesCryptocurrency firms bombarded Londoners with a record number of adverts on public transport during 2021, fuelling calls for a ban to prevent people being lured into risky investments.The surge in adverts for crypto assets, which are unregulated in the UK, has prompted concerns about the risk of addiction and financial harm, particularly given the wild volatility in the price of digital currencies such as bitcoin, which reached record highs last year before crashing again. Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Advertising, Sadiq Khan, TfL, Gambling, Transport, Media, London, Technology, UK news, Bitcoin, Politics, Society >
- Guardian 15:26January 14, 2022Dogecoin value soars after Elon Musk says it will be accepted for Tesla goodsCryptocurrency with shiba inu dog meme rises 15% after billionaire’s tweet about merchandiseDogecoin, the cryptocurrency with a shiba inu dog meme, soared in value by 15% on Friday after the billionaire Elon Musk said it could be used to buy Tesla merchandise.Dogecoin rose to $0.20 after Musk’s tweet early on Friday, and has soared by 5,859% over the past 12 months, according to data from the Coinbase website. Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Doge, Business, Elon Musk, Tesla, US news, World news >
- Business Insider 14:22January 14, 2022Anthony Scaramucci says he's not buying the dip in bitcoin as he expects more 'sloppiness' and volatilityThe bitcoin price is likely to consolidate for a while, SkyBridge Capital CEO Anthony Scaramucci said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Anthony Scaramucci, scaramucci, Scaramucci bitcion, bitcoin price outlook, Bitcoin, btc, buy the dip, bitcoin crash, Cryptocurrencies, SkyBridge, Skybridge Capital, skybridge bitcoin, bitcoin investing, bitcoin 2022, bitcoin outlook, Bitcoin Forecast, bitcoin volatility, crypto investing, Tech stocks, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates >
- Business Insider 10:43January 14, 2022Tesla starts accepting dogecoin for some merch, sending the meme coin surgingDoge is the only accepted currency for some products on the Tesla store including the Cyberquad for Kids and the Cyberwhistle.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Dogecoin, Tesla, Cryptocurrencies, Elon Musk, altcoins >
- Business Insider 00:05January 14, 2022Robinhood drops on report crypto exchanges Bitstamp and Sam Bankman Fried's FTX are working to add stock trading to their US platformsThe president of FTX.US tweeted Tuesday the exchange is "hard at work on stocks" and hoping to have features including live prices and company data.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, ftx.us, ftx, Sam Bankman-Fried, Bitstamp, Cryptocurrencies, crypto trading, retail traders, Stock Trading, Robinhood, Bloomberg >
- Business Insider 23:17January 13, 2022China to launch state-run NFT blockchain that is entirely separate from cryptocurrenciesChina's state-backed Blockchain Services Network will launch a new infrastructure to support NFTs, after Beijing banned crypto transactions last year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, NFTs, China, crypto, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 19:11January 13, 2022A 'Britcoin' would carry financial stability and security challenges and there's 'no convincing case' for one, says House of Lords reportThe report from Parliament's upper chamber arrives as the Bank of England explores introducing a digital pound.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, CBDC, digital currencies, Bank of England, House of Lords, UK, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 17:29January 13, 2022Bitcoin adoption for countries is a 'high stakes' game and more governments will buy the cryptocurrency this year to stay competitive, Fidelity says"If bitcoin adoption increases, the countries that secure some bitcoin today will be better off competitively than their peers," Fidelity said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, bitcoin adoption, Bitcoin, bitcoin prices, Cryptocurrencies, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 17:25January 13, 2022'Shark Tank' investor Kevin O'Leary says today's crypto market is like the early days of Big Tech in the 1990s"Bitcoin's having one of its worst starts ever. But you have to get used to it, just like you had to get used to Amazon," O'Leary said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Tech, Amazon, Bitcoin, Kevin O'Leary, Software, Volatility, Ethereum, Cryptocurrencies, market volatility, Shark Tank, Mr Wonderful, Billionaire, Big Tech, Tech stocks >
- Guardian 14:44January 13, 2022Investors sue Kim Kardashian and Floyd Mayweather Jr over crypto schemeClass action lawsuit alleges celebrities and EthereumMax executives made ‘false and misleading statements’The reality TV star Kim Kardashian and boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr are among celebrities being sued over their promotion of an alleged “pump and dump” cryptocurrency scheme that investors say caused them to lose money.According to a class action lawsuit filed in a California court, executives of EthereumMax, in collaboration with Kardashian, Mayweather Jr and the basketball player Paul Pierce, sought to enrich themselves by making “false and misleading” statements to investors. Continue reading...
< Cryptocurrencies, Technology, Kim Kardashian West, Floyd Mayweather, US sports, Law, US news, Life and style, E-commerce, Internet, Sport, World news >
- Business Insider 23:35January 12, 2022Virtual land developer Metaverse Group is investing up to $1 million in a platform where users can buy digital versions of Central Park and the Eiffel TowerSuperWorld has digitally mapped Earth's surface and offers more than 64 billion unique plots of land for purchase, collection, and curation.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, metaverse property, Metaverse, Cryptocurrencies, NFTs, Decentraland >
- Business Insider 21:37January 12, 2022Solana could take market share away from ethereum thanks to its ease of use and lower transaction fees, BofA says"Solana could become the Visa of the digital asset ecosystem" as its blockchain is optimized for micropayments and other features, BofA said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Solana, Solana price, Ethereum, Ether, ether price, Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, Finance, Analyst Note >
- Business Insider 18:41January 12, 2022NFT sales hit $592 million over the past week. These were the 6 best-selling digital collections.Total NFT sales volume hit $17 billion over the past year as artists, investors, and entrepreneurs descend upon the nascent Web3 space.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Top Selling NFTs, CryptoPunks, bored apes yacht club, Cryptocurrencies, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 17:07January 12, 2022NFTs are leading a new form of piracy, and this painter says her work has been stolen thousands of timesThe artist said one unknown user listed her work thousands of times before OpenSea took down the listings.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, NFTs, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, OpenSea, NFT market, DeviantArt >
- Business Insider 00:20January 12, 2022Public adds Loopring and Curve DAO to its cryptocurrency platform to make a total of 27 tokens available for tradingThe app added cryptocurrency trading in October and has since expanded its token offerings several times.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Cryptocurrencies, crypto, Public.com, crypto trading >
- Business Insider 23:38January 11, 2022These were the 6 members of Congress that bought and sold cryptocurrencies in 2021The trading came as Congress also introduced potential legislation to regulate the cryptocurrencies, though nothing meaningful has been passed yet.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Markets, Finance, Trading, Congress, Congress trading, Bitcoin, Ether, Ethereum >
- Business Insider 19:45January 11, 2022Bitcoin is close to triggering a bearish death cross signal as Fed tightening drives risk-off rotationBut bitcoin is notoriously volatile, and previous moving-average crossovers have also led to several head fakes.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, bitcoin price, Bitcoin price analysis, bitcoin price outlook, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 19:14January 11, 2022Scammers are using crypto ATMs and impersonating everyone from law enforcement to utility workers to steal money, the FTC warns"Nobody from the government, law enforcement, utility company, or prize promoter will ever tell you to pay them with cryptocurrency," says the FTC.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Cryptocurrencies, crypto scams, crypto atms >
- Business Insider 00:19January 11, 2022A market for crypto carbon offsets is reportedly booming, and its drawing DeFi entrepreneurs and big investors like Mark CubanDallas Mavericks boss Mark Cuban told the WSJ he owns Klima tokens, a new crypto asset whose DAO is focused on climate activism.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, carbon offset markets, Carbon, Cryptocurrencies, Mark Cuban, carbon offsets, crypto >
- Business Insider 16:30January 8, 2022Here's how bitcoin stacks up to gold as a store of value based on 8 key factors, according to JPMorgan"We think the merits of bitcoin will endure near-term fluctuations in value, both in terms of digital scarcity as well as a good store of value."
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bitcoin, Gold, btc, Bitcoin store of value, Cryptocurrencies, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 21:20January 7, 2022Here's why these 4 cryptocurrencies are considered potential 'Ethereum killers,' according to JPMorganNew cryptocurrencies that improve upon Ethereum's deficiencies could "chip away at Ethereum's dominance and market value," JPMorgan said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Ether, Ethereum, Finance, Trading, Solana, Cardano, Ethereum 2.0 >
- Business Insider 19:55January 7, 2022These are the 5 best performing cryptocurrencies over the past week amid bitcoin bear marketMonitoring the weekly winners can help investors identify which cryptocurrencies are beginning to see more traction in the crypto community.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Ether, Ethereum, altcoins, altcoins to watch, Markets, Finance, Trading >
- Business Insider 12:32January 7, 2022GameStop surges 20% on report it's planning a NFT marketplace – with WallStreetBets eyeing a repeat of last year's meme mania"GME is back on the menu boyz," ran the headline of a WallStreetBets discussion Friday as GameStop stock surged.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Stocks, crypto, gamestop stock, GME stock, GameStop, GME, gamestop rally, NFTs, Non-Fungible Token, Cryptocurrencies, amc crypto, NFT market, Gaming, Ryan Cohen, WallStreetBets, Reddit, reddit stocks, Meme stocks, meme stock rally, meme stock reddit, Markets >
- Business Insider 21:38January 6, 2022The bear market in bitcoin is dragging the market cap of the total crypto space back toward $2 trillion, tumbling from its peak of $3 trillion in NovemberMore than 25 cryptocurrencies with a value of at least $1 billion have erased 10% or more in market cap over the past week.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bitcoin, Ether, Ethereum, bitcoin price, Markets, Finance, Trading, Cryptocurrencies, Mover >
- Business Insider 21:31January 6, 2022NFTs ballooned to a $41 billion market in 2021 and are catching up to the total size of the global fine art marketThe latest estimate shows the conventional art market saw annual buying and selling totaling about $50 billion.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, NFT, Digital Art, Cryptocurrencies, NFT market >
- Business Insider 21:25January 6, 2022Crypto bull Mike Novogratz sees bitcoin's price floor at $38,000 as institutions take positions during latest sell-offBitcoin and other cryptocurrencies were slammed as the Fed indicated a faster pace of both rate hikes and a drawdown of economic support.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, crypto, Mike Novogratz >
- Business Insider 19:32January 6, 2022Axie Infinity and The Sandbox lead drop in metaverse tokens as altcoins follow bitcoin lowerAxie Infinity slumped 16.8% in the last 24 hours, as the Sandbox and Enjin coin fell 6.6% and 7.5%, respectively.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Axie Infinity, Sandbox, Metaverse, metaverse tokens, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 19:00January 6, 2022Ethereum could lose out to rival blockchains that power crypto apps as its much-vaunted upgrade might come too late, JPMorgan saysBy the time the final stage is done, rivals will have grown so much that activity may not return en masse to ethereum, JPMorgan analysts said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Ethereum, Ether, Cryptocurrencies, JPMorgan, DeFi, Solana, fantom, Polygon, Terra, binance smart chain, decentralized finance >
- Business Insider 17:56January 6, 2022UK law enforcement has reportedly seized $435 million worth of crypto in criminal investigations in the last 5 yearsThe London Metropolitan Police discovered most of the illicit bitcoin, seizing £294 million, or $398 million, the New Scientist found.
< Markets, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, crypto crime, Bitcoin crime, UK, Blockchain, MI Exclusive >
- Business Insider 17:19January 6, 2022Bitcoin sell-off violates key support level and suggests additional downside of 13%, technical analyst saysA sustained decline below $44,200 would put bitcoin's next support level of $37,400 in play, according to Katie Stockton of Fairlead Strategies.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Technical Analysis, bitcoin price, btc, BTC price, Trading, Finance >
- Business Insider 12:53January 6, 2022Bitcoin tumbles 8% and other cryptos crash as hawkish Fed minutes whack risky assetsThe Fed could pull back its support even faster than expected, spelling trouble for risky assets like bitcoin.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, crypto market, Bitcoin, bitcoin price, btc, Ethereum, ethereum price, eth, Ether, Binance coin, Cardano, XRP, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency investing, Federal Reserve, Fed Minutes, Fed monetary policy, Interest Rates, hawkish, Inflation, Tech stocks, Bond Yields >
- Business Insider 23:33January 5, 2022NASCAR rejects crypto sponsorship from coin spawned from a chant against President Joe Biden: reportLGBcoin, which is based on the anti-Biden phrase "let's go Brandon," had planned to sponsor driver Brandon Brown in the new year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Brandon Brown, let's go brandon, NASCAR, Cryptocurrencies, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 19:29January 5, 2022NFT sales hit $512 million over the past week. These were the 5 best-selling digital collections.Total NFT sales volume hit more than $14 billion in 2021 as artists, investors, and entrepreneurs descend upon the nascent Web3 space.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, CryptoPunks, NFT, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Ether, Ethereum, NFT sales, Markets, Trading, Finance >
- Business Insider 18:26January 5, 2022Crypto company BTCS soars 41% after it announces first-ever bitcoin dividendThe move has been on BTCS' long-term roadmap for years, based on its purchase of the bividend.com domain name in February of 2015.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Mover, Stock Market, stock market 2022, Trading, Finance, bitcoin dividend >
- Business Insider 15:45January 5, 2022Cryptocurrencies are the future and could replace the dollar in 10 years, says chess grandmaster Garry KasparovDigital assets such as bitcoin offer protection against government-driven inflation, the chess legend argued.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Garry Kasparov, Chess, Bitcoin digital gold, bitcoin inflation hedge, cryptocurrency adoption, Non-Fungible Token, NFTs, digital gold, Inflation, Human Rights >
- Business Insider 23:36January 4, 2022The SEC booted its decision deadline on a spot bitcoin ETF from NYDIG another 60 daysThe delay comes after the SEC rejected two other proposals for spot bitcoin ETFs just before Christmas.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, SEC, Bitcoin ETF, Bitcoin ETF delay, Cryptocurrencies, NYDIG >
- Business Insider 17:15January 4, 2022The SEC hires a senior advisor for cryptocurrency policy after a blockbuster year for digital assetsCorey Frayer, a former Senate staffer, will advise SEC Chair Gary Gensler on matters relating to cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, SEC, Gary Gensler, Cryptocurrencies, Crypto Regulation >
- Business Insider 15:58January 4, 2022Sam Bankman-Fried says crypto has a chance of a tidal wave of institutions jumping in this year, if they get clear regulationsRegulatory clarity will open the door for some large investment banks and pension funds to enter the industry this year, the crypto billionaire said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, SBF, Sam Bankman-Fried, Cryptocurrencies, Crypto Regulation, institutional cryptocurrency market, Wall Street, financial institutions, Adoption, digital assets, FTX Sam Bankman-Fried, ftx, FTX Exchange, Bitcoin, Ether >
- Business Insider 18:05December 30, 2021MicroStrategy just spent $94 million to buy another 1,914 bitcoin, and its overall stake is now worth $5.9 billionThe business-analytics software maker bought more bitcoin as prices fell in December, which is the cryptocurrency's worst month since May.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, Microstrategy, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency, Michael Saylor >
- Business Insider 17:04December 30, 2021Florida has a new crypto-themed restaurant offering 'bitcoinana split,' 'crypto cuban' sandwiches, and 'dogedog' hotdogs that accepts all cryptocurrencies as paymentThe new bistro's walls have art depicting bitcoin and ethereum symbols, a rocket headed to the moon, and quotes by dogecoin advocate Elon Musk.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, Florida, Restaurants, Bitcoin, Dogecoin >
- Business Insider 19:41December 29, 2021NFT sales hit $319 million over the past week. These were the 5 best-selling digital collections.Total NFT sales volume has hit more than $14 billion in 2021 as both investors and entrepreneurs descend upon the nascent Web3 space.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, crypto, NFT, NFT sales, Web 3.0, Markets, Finance, Trading, Ether, Ethereum, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 18:52December 29, 2021Bitcoin tumbles 5% to below $47,000 as it heads toward its worst monthly slump since MayBitcoin is facing a 17% decline in December, but it's still on course to rise about 63% in 2021.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency, digital assets >
- Business Insider 12:09December 29, 2021Elon Musk reveals who bitcoin's mysterious creator Satoshi Nakamoto might beMusk said while he "obviously" doesn't know exactly who created bitcoin, Nick Szabo's theories seem fundamental to the coin's origins.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Elon Musk, Nick Szabo, Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, Cryptocurrencies >
- Business Insider 22:03December 28, 2021Bitcoin's long-term momentum indicators are still positive despite recent downturn, Katie Stockton saysBitcoin "remains solidly in a long-term uptrend... and our long-term gauges still point higher despite having down-ticked this month," Stockton said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Bitcoin, bitcoin price, Bitcoin price analysis, Technical Analysis, Analyst Note, Trading, Finance, crypto, Cryptocurrencies >