- New York Magazine 20:36June 24, 2021New York City’s Era of Liberal Peace Is OverThe left might have Eric Adams surrounded, but he has proven to be a cunning opponent.
< politics, eric adams, 2021 mayoral race, jumaane williams, brad lander, democratic party >
- Business Insider 18:55June 23, 2021Meet India Walton, the socialist who upset Buffalo's longterm mayor in a stunning primary victoryHer win reflects the increasing strength of progressive voters within the Democratic party, catapulting new faces into the levers of power across the country.
< Politics, India Walton, Buffalo, Democratic Socialists of America, Socialism, Democratic Party, Upstate New York, Progressives >
- New York Times 20:29June 21, 2021Populist Leaders in Eastern Europe Run Into a Little Problem: UnpopularityThe leaders of Slovenia, Hungary and Poland, who rode to power on waves of anti-elitism anger, face rising opposition over their pandemic responses and heavy-handed policies.
< Politics and Government, Elections, Fidesz Party, Law and Justice (Poland), Slovenian Democratic Party, Europe, Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Hungary, Slovenia, Poland >
- New York Magazine 14:53June 14, 2021‘We Have to Do What It Takes to Protect Our Delicate Democracy’Texas lawmakers may leave the state to save voting rights.
< politics, texas, republican party, democratic party >
- Breitbart News 00:22June 14, 2021Pollak: The Democratic Party Is the Dividing Line in Israeli PoliticsThe reason Benjamin Netanyahu is no longer the prime minister of Israel today has much to do with the Democratic Party, whose recent drift toward anti-Israel positions has become a major and imminent threat to the security of the Jewish state.
< Israel / Middle East, Politics, Benjamin Netanyahu, Democratic Party, Naftali Bennett >
- Business Insider 19:34June 13, 2021Pelosi says that she won't 'give up on Joe Manchin' over his opposition to sweeping voting-rights legislation"He has certain concerns about the legislation that we may be able to come to terms on," Pelosi said of Manchin's opposition to the For the People Act.
< Politics, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Manchin, Voting Rights, For the People Act, Democratic Party, Elections >
- New York Magazine 14:00June 13, 2021The Delusions of the Radical CentristWhy Michael Lind’s iconoclastic brand of populist politics fails to convince.
< conservatism, democracy, michael lind, ideas, the republican party, the democratic party, populism >
- Breitbart News 04:19June 11, 2021Carville to AOC: 'Do the Math' -- We Only Have a 50/50 Senate, 'No One Is Playing Patty-Cake'Former Clinton adviser James Carville said Thursday on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was wrong to say that Democrats attempting to compromise with Republicans was "playing patty-cake."
< Clips, Media, Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Democratic Party, James Carville, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, Republican Party >
- Business Insider 14:09June 8, 2021Joe Manchin cosponsored the voting-rights bill in 2019 that he is now blocking on the grounds that the GOP doesn't like itManchin said he won't vote for an elections bill with no bipartisan support - but cosponsored the same bill in 2019 when it had zero GOP cosponsors.
< Politics, News UK, Joe Manchin, Democratic Party, voting bill, For the People Act, Bipartisanship >
- Business Insider 23:26June 7, 2021Who's running for New York City mayor in the Democratic primaryThe advent of ranked choice voting makes June 22nd's primary harder than ever to predict, with Andrew Yang, Eric Adams, and Kathryn Garcia at the top.
< Politics, Eric Adams, Shaun Donovan, Kathryn Garcia, Ray McGuire, Dianne Morales, Scott Stringer, Maya Wiley, Andrew Yang, New York City mayoral race 2021, Bill de Blasio, Democratic Party, BI Graphics, Samantha Lee >
- Business Insider 13:39June 7, 2021Sen. Joe Manchin defended his opposition to the Democratic voting-rights act, and said he thinks Republicans will vote for the bipartisan bill he's suggestingManchin, a Democrat, announced on Sunday he would vote against the For the People Act, a sweeping bill proposed by his party to defend voting rights.
< Politics, Joe Manchin, Voting Rights, Voter suppression, Democratic Party, News UK >
- New York Magazine 23:05June 6, 2021Manchin Says He’ll Oppose For the People ActDemocrats’ would-be landmark voting rights legislation now officially appears to be dead-on-arrival.
< politics, joe manchin, for the people act, voting rights, filibuster, senate, democratic party, senate democrats, john lewis voting rights advancement act >
- New York Times 14:59June 5, 2021Olympics Gave Hope to Japan’s L.G.B.T.Q. Activists. But Old Prejudices Die Hard.Legislation labeling discrimination “unacceptable” has been blocked by conservative lawmakers, showing how far the country has to go to fulfill the goal of equality enshrined in the Olympic charter.
< Discrimination, Homosexuality and Bisexuality, Olympic Games (2020), Transgender and Transsexuals, International Olympic Committee, Liberal Democratic Party (Japan), Bach, Thomas, Hashimoto, Seiko (1964- ), Japan >
- Business Insider 06:46June 4, 2021Former Bush chief strategist says US needs to 'go all in with the Democratic Party' to 'guard our Republic'Matthew Dowd also said the GOP "has bought into the mendacity from the mad king of Mara lago [sic]" and "are a party of autocracy."
< Politics, Democratic Party, Republican Party, George W. Bush >
- Breitbart News 04:12June 4, 2021Doug Jones: Dems Can Get 10 Republican Senators to Support 'Uniform Standards' on VotingFormer Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL) said Thursday on MSNBC's "All In" that he believed ten Senate Republicans would join with the Democrats to pass voting legislation if it has a narrow focus to create "a uniform set of standards" on early voting, mail-in voting and absentee voting.
< Clips, Media, Politics, Democratic Party, Doug Jones, Republican Party, Senate, voter fraud >
- Breitbart News 05:24May 27, 2021Carville: Democrats' 'Metropolitan Arrogance, Urban Smugness' Hurts UsFormer Clinton adviser James Carville said Wednesday on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time" called out Democrats for exhibiting a "metropolitan arrogance" and "urban smugness" that he said was detrimental to Democrat efforts.
< Clips, Media, Politics, David Axelrod, Democratic Party, Donald Trump, James Carville >
- Breitbart News 09:30May 26, 2021CNN's Cuomo: Democrats 'Not Where the Antisemitism Is Coming From'On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” host Chris Cuomo argued that it’s an “ugly tactic” for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to say rising antisemitism in the Democratic Party is being ignored by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).
< Clips, Politics, antisemitism, Chris Cuomo, Democratic Party, Democrats >
- Breitbart News 04:02May 26, 2021Dem Rep. Cicilline: I See 'No Evidence' of Antisemitism among Dems, We're 'Strongest Voices' Condemning Rise in ViolenceOn Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “AC360,” Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) said that he sees “no evidence whatsoever in the Democratic caucus or in the Democratic Party of antisemitism at all. In fact, the strongest voices that have condemned acts of
< Clips, Politics, antisemitism, David Cicilline, Democratic Party, Democrats >
- Business Insider 23:03May 25, 2021McConnell slams the January 6 commission as 'a purely political exercise' and accuses Democrats of focusing on 'things that occurred in the past'The GOP resistance to a bipartisan commission devoted to examining the deadly Capitol insurrection imperils a deeper investigation into the siege.
< Politics, Mitch McConnell, January 6 commission, Capitol Siege, senate republicans, Donald Trump, Democratic Party >
- Breitbart News 18:41May 24, 2021Nolte: Democrat-Run Cities Can't or Won't Protect Jews and Asians from Hate Crime ExplosionEvery time I write something like the following, it feels silly and obvious, but sometimes the silly and obvious still must be said: Imagine the media landscape today if roving bands of white supremacists were flying the confederate flag out of their vehicles and stopping only to assault Jews.
< Israel / Middle East, Media, Politics, antisemitism, Democratic Party, Hate Crime, Jewish faith, Jews, John Nolte, Judaism >
- New York Magazine 23:43May 18, 2021U.S. Discourse Is Growing More Pro-Palestinian. U.S. Policy Isn’t.Several factors have led liberals and newsrooms to become more sympathetic to Palestinian misery, creating a dissonance with the official U.S. stance.
< israel, foreign policy, biden administration, politics, international affairs, palestinians, activism, democratic party, the media >
- Business Insider 16:04May 18, 2021Republican strategists say Biden is too boring to demonize in 2022 midterm campaigns: reportFor that reason, Republicans likely plan to focus not on Biden's shortcomings but on the so-called "radical left," Politico reported.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democratic Party, News UK, 2022 election >
- Business Insider 18:44May 17, 2021Fractures within the GOP persist as Kevin McCarthy aims for the House speakership in 2022McCarthy has spent years corralling his caucus behind Trump and helped oust Liz Cheney from GOP leadership, but could he actually become speaker?
< Politics, Kevin McCarthy, House Republican Conference, Republican Party, Donald Trump, Liz Cheney, Steve Scalise, Elise Stefanik, Freedom Caucus, Republican Study Committee, Conservatism, Democratic Party, California, analysis >
- Breitbart News 19:00May 15, 2021Brooks: Standing with Israel 'No Longer an Easy Position for a Democrat'On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks argued that saying that you stand with Israel used to be easy if you were a Democrat, but standing with Israel is “no longer an easy position” for Democratic politicians because Israel
< Clips, Israel / Middle East, Politics, David Brooks, Democratic Party, Democrats, Israel >
- Business Insider 17:40May 15, 2021Marjorie Taylor Greene said that she's the victim of Democrat bullying when questioned about her hounding of AOCMarjorie Taylor Greene listed several grievances over alleged bullying from Democrats, including the time Guam delegates offered her cookies.
< Politics, News UK, Marjorie Taylor Greene, AOC, Washington DC, Democratic Party >
- Breitbart News 18:54May 9, 2021Stacey Abrams: 'Absolutely' My Ambition Is to Run for PresidentFormer Democratic Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams said on this week's broadcast of "CBS Sunday Morning" that she was "absolutely" planning to run for president of the United States in the future.
< Clips, Politics, Democratic Party, Stacey Abrams >
- Breitbart News 10:42May 8, 2021Maher: The Left Has Become the Party of 'Moral Panics' the Way the Right WasOn Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher lamented that “woke kids on campus decided to be all the worst parts of a Southern Baptist,” and the left has become “the party of speech codes and blacklists and
< Clips, Entertainment, Politics, Bill Maher, Democratic Party, Democrats >
- New York Magazine 15:00May 4, 2021What Comes After Trickle-Down Economics?If Biden really wants to get beyond the neoliberal consensus, he needs the left.
< politics, joe biden, republican party, democratic party >
- New York Magazine 22:38May 3, 2021Democrats’ Odds of Keeping the House Are Slimming FastWith redistricting reform stalled in Congress, and Democratic turnout weak in special elections, the GOP is cruising to House control.
< midterms, 2021 special elections, texas, the democrats, the democratic party, house democrats >
- New York Magazine 16:00May 2, 2021Avoiding White Backlash Is a Racial-Justice IssueDemocrats can’t make major legislative progress on racial equality without winning more Senate seats. To do that, they must win more white votes.
< structural racism, the democratic party, racial justice, political science, polling >
- Business Insider 21:31May 1, 2021Biden says Stacey Abrams 'can be anything' she wants - including presidentWhile in Georgia, Biden thanked Abrams for her voting rights activism, saying that she was "empowering people to vote and to make their voices heard."
< Politics, President Joe Biden, Stacey Abrams, Georgia, Democratic Party, 2022 elections, COVID-19 relief bill >
- New York Magazine 19:12April 29, 2021Joe Biden Isn’t Going BackBut can he get Congress to follow him?
< politics, joe biden, democratic party >
- Business Insider 06:42April 29, 2021'We need to rebuild our nation with a new foundation': Rep. Jamaal Bowman pushes for more progressive action in response to Biden speechBowman, who spoke on behalf of the Working Families Party, articulated a vision of an America that reimagines the possibilities of governance.
< Politics, jamaal bowman, President Joe Biden, Democratic Party, Working Families Party >
- Business Insider 20:40April 27, 2021James Carville says Democrats 'don't have the votes' to be 'more liberal' than Joe ManchinInstead, Democrats should hammer the GOP about the Capitol riot. "They have to make the Republicans own that insurrection every day," he said.
< Politics, James Carville, Joe Manchin, Filibuster, Democratic Party, GOP, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 19:15April 27, 2021'This "too cool for school" s--- doesn't work': James Carville says Democrats have a 'wokeness' problem"Wokeness is a problem and everyone knows it. It's hard to talk to anybody ... who doesn't say this. But they don't want to say it out loud," he said.
< Politics, James Carville, Democratic Party, President Joe Biden, Campaigns >
- Business Insider 14:03April 27, 2021Rose McGowan, who was brought up in a cult, said Democratic voters are in a 'deep cult' that she said stops them seeing that party leaders aren't helping themMcGowan criticised the Clintons for their friendship with Harvey Weinstein, whom she has accused of assaulting her, in a Fox News interview.
< Politics, Rose McGowan, Democratic Party, Harvey Weinstein, Clintons, News UK >
- Breitbart News 04:37April 27, 2021Rose McGowan: Democrats 'Are in a Deep Cult'Actress and activist Rose McGowan said Monday on Fox News Channel's "Fox News Primetime" that she has realized Democrats were "in a deep cult that they really don't know about."
< Clips, Entertainment, Politics, #MeToo, Democratic Party, Republican Party, Rose McGowan >
- Business Insider 16:44April 24, 2021Florida's Democratic Party is having an identity crisis: 2020 losses were the culmination of strategic missteps, cultural blindness, and internal dividesFor decades the Party has been losing its footing. After a shellacking in 2020, operatives are struggling to understand how they can fix the party.
< Politics, Freelance, Freelancer, original reporting, Florida, Florida Democratic Party, Democrats >
- Breitbart News 19:54April 20, 2021Cruz: Democrats Want to See Violence, Looting, Police Cars Firebombed -- 'It Serves Their Political End’Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said Tuesday on Fox News Channel's "America’s Newsroom" that Democrats wanted looting, police cars firebombed and violence because he argued it "serves their political end."
< Clips, Politics, Black Lives Matter, Democratic Party, Kamala Harris, Maxine Waters, Ted Cruz >
- Breitbart News 01:07April 17, 2021Abbott: Biden Is 'Fulfilling Campaign Promises' of Open BordersGovernor Greg Abbott (R-TX) said Friday on Fox News Channel's "Fox & Friends" that President Joe Biden kept his campaign promises of fulfilling his party's long-time goal of open borders by creating the surge of migrates at the U.S.-Mexico border and allowing many into the country.
< Clips, Immigration, Politics, Democratic Party, Greg Abbott, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, U.S.-Mexico border >
- Business Insider 22:22April 7, 2021As Nina Turner runs for Congress in Ohio's 11th Congressional District, her local roots take center stage"It's crystal clear that the system itself is not working for the poor, the working poor ... and we have to do something about that," Turner said.
< Politics, Nina Turner, House of Representatives, Ohio, progressive politics, Democratic Party, Bernie Sanders, Reparations, Medicare for all, student loan forgiveness, Economy >
- New York Magazine 17:00April 1, 2021Democratic Firm Is Accused of Firing Workers for Speaking UpCivis Analytics bills itself as progressive, but ex-employees say they were let go for trying to make the company live up to its values.
< politics, democratic party >
- Business Insider 17:42March 28, 2021Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin said he remains opposed to removing the filibuster, amid growing pressure from liberals to erase itManchin holds huge power in a Senate evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats, and is putting a break on liberal demands for sweeping reform.
< Joe Manchin, Democratic Party, U.S. Senate, filibuster reform, UK Weekend >
- Business Insider 16:57March 24, 2021Democrats failed to get anywhere near a united front on a $15 minimum wage, suggesting the measure is doomed for nowA meeting convened by Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer resulted in deadlock, according to reports, with the future of the bill unclear.
< Politics, Bernie Sanders, Democratic Party, Minimum Wage, Joe Manchin, U.S. Senate, News UK >
- Business Insider 14:56March 22, 2021Democrats may exclude the GOP from forthcoming infrastructure and drug-pricing bills to pass them with no Republican votes, report saysParty leadership increasingly believes that there is no point trying to involve Republicans, who could try to block their bills, Politico reported.
< Politics, Joe Biden, Democratic Party, budget reconciliation, infrastructure bill, News UK, Republican Party >
- Business Insider 16:53March 18, 2021Mitch McConnell warned Democrats that if they erase the filibuster they'll 'release furies they can barely imagine'in a Wall St Jornal op-ed McConnell had a hyperbolic warning for Democrats who want to abolish the 60 vote threshold Senate filibuster.
< Politics, Mitch McConnell, Joe Biden, Senate filibuster, Democratic Party, U.S. Senate, News UK >
- Breitbart News 01:12March 17, 2021Katie Porter's Removal from Financial Services Committee Highlights Widening Intra-Democrat RiftRep. Katie Porter (D-CA) is not easily falling in line with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), presenting a rift within the caucus that rarely voices alternative views to leadership's authority.
< Politics, AOC, Congressional Progressive Caucus, Democrat, Democratic Party, House Democrats, House Financial Services Committee, Maxine Waters, Progressive Caucus, Senate Democrats >
- New York Magazine 22:39March 11, 2021Centrist Dems Demand Infrastructure Bill Include Tax Hikes on RichIn a blow for the left, moderates say that they will only support Biden’s multitrillion-dollar green jobs plan if it includes a corporate tax hike.
< centrism, democratic party, joe manchin, joe biden, the biden presidency, infrastructure >
- Business Insider 15:47March 10, 2021Biden is about to win his first big congressional victory with his $1.9 trillion stimulus. Republicans were powerless to stop it.Republicans tried to slow the progress of Biden's bill in a bid to damage Democrats and telegraph their opposition, but couldn't stop it.
< Politics, Nancy Pelosi, Stimulus bill, Joe Biden, Republican Party, Democratic Party, News UK, analysis >
- Breitbart News 05:35March 10, 2021Clyburn: Civil Rights, Voting Rights Should Have Special Filibuster Exception Like Budget DoesHouse Majority Whip Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC) said Tuesday on MSNBC's "All In" that there should be special exceptions where the filibuster rule does not apply to voting rights and civil rights.
< Clips, Politics, Democratic Party, Filibuster, James Clyburn, Joe Biden >