- New York Magazine 14:00September 22, 2021$3.5 Trillion Is Not a Lot of MoneyJoe Biden’s spending bill isn’t extreme, no matter what moderate Democrats say.
< budget reconciliation, fy 2022 budget resolutioin, politics, democratic party, joe manchin, kyrsten sinema, moderate democrats >
- Breitbart News 04:19September 22, 2021Report: Democrats Face Uphill Battle in 2022, Republicans Hold Redistricting EdgeDemocrats are trying to poach half as many House seats from Republicans in 2022 as they did in 2020 — from 39 to 21.
< Politics, 2022 midterm elections, Congress, Democrats, House, Redistricting, Republicans >
- Business Insider 03:52September 22, 2021The House approves a measure to avoid government shutdown and debt default, but McConnell is poised to torpedo it in the SenateThe passage of the bill does little to resolve the standoff between Democrats and Republicans as the US veers into a potential government shutdown.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Joe Biden, Congress, National Debt, Debt Ceiling, Economy >
- Breitbart News 00:54September 22, 2021Watch: Soros-Linked Open Borders Activists Demand 'Citizenship for All' Illegal AliensA number of open borders organizations linked to billionaire George Soros deployed activists across Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, demanding "citizenship for all" illegal aliens living in the United States.
< Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Democrats, George Soros, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, mass immigration, Open Borders, U.S.-Mexico border >
- Business Insider 20:42September 21, 2021Biden's economic agenda in 'significant danger' of collapse. The worst-case scenario for the 2022 midterms is inching closer.Biden needs results not just to transform the economy, but to have something to run on. "The party's future depends on getting this bill done."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Republicans, Democrats, National Debt, Default, Mitch McConnell, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, ACA', Government shutdown, Policy, Economy >
- Breitbart News 16:37September 21, 2021House Democrats Worry Joe Biden's Radical Agenda Is Failing, 'We Better Have a Plan B'House Democrats are worried President Biden's radical agenda is failing in the legislative branch of government, causing cracks within the party that have begun to play out in the media over how to pass the proposed $3.5 trillion reconciliation package.
< Politics, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Dean Phillips, Democrats, Emanuel Cleaver, Jamaal Bowman, Mazie Hirono, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 20:06September 20, 2021The White House says no to minting a $1 trillion coin to sidestep McConnell and ease debt ceiling standoff in CongressThe White House is closing an option to defuse a showdown in Congress over paying America's bills, with the GOP refusing to budge.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, White House, Mint the Coin, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats, Trump administration, Treasury Department, Janet Yellen, Trillion Dollar Coin, Default, National Debt, Social Security, Policy, Economy >
- New York Magazine 19:53September 20, 2021No Immigration Breakthrough in Reconciliation Bill, Says ParliamentarianUnder the Senate’s obscure Byrd Rule, the budget implications of immigration reforms benefiting eight million people are “incidental.”
< politics, immigration, dreamers, refugees, fy 2022 budget reconciliation bill, elizabeth macdonough, dick durbin, byrd rule, joe biden, republicans, democrats >
- The Guardian(UK) 17:52September 20, 2021UK gas supply robust and talk of three-day week ‘alarmist and misguided’, says business secretary – politics liveLatest updates: Kwasi Kwarteng makes Commons statement after talks with energy companies and watchdogNo 10 dismisses ‘winter of discontent’ warnings amid energy crisis talksJohnson defends trade secretary after climate crisis denial tweetsMeeting Cop26 finance goals ‘going to be tough’, says Boris JohnsonGlobal coronavirus updates – live 3.52pm BST This is from Caroline Lucas, the Green MP, on Kwasi Kwarteng’s statement.Extraordinary that in his statement on UK gas market, Minister didn’t *once* mention demand side changes - *nothing* on the need urgently to roll out a properly funded home insulation programme to replace the failed Green Homes Grant - why is energy efficiency always Cinderella? 3.50pm BST Ed Miliband, the shadow business secretary, is speaking now.He says he agrees with Kwarteng that people should not be alarmist. Continue reading...
< Politics, Climate crisis, UK news, Boris Johnson, Environment, House of Commons, Coronavirus, Brexit, Energy bills, Energy industry, Liberal Democrats, Damian Green, Dan Jarvis, Kwasi Kwarteng, Energy, Household bills, Consumer affairs, Business >
- Breitbart News 03:51September 20, 2021Senate Parliamentarian Crushes Democrat Amnesty for Illegal AliensSenate Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough has reportedly ruled that Democrats' plan to slip a massive amnesty for millions of illegal aliens into a budget reconciliation package is outside the scope of budgetary matters, likely crushing the plan.
< Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Democrats, Illegal Aliens, illegal immigration, Joe Biden, mass immigration, Senate >
- The Guardian 21:01September 19, 2021Beto O’Rourke set to run against Greg Abbott for Texas governor – reportActor Matthew McConaughey also polls strongly in nascent raceTexas doctor protests abortion law in Washington Post columnThe former Democratic congressman Beto O’Rourke is set to mount a third campaign for major political office with a run for governor in Texas, Axios reported on Sunday. Related: Beto O’Rourke on Texas: ‘I don’t know that we’re a conservative state’ Continue reading...
< Beto O'Rourke, Texas, US midterm elections 2022, US news, US politics, Democrats, World news, Matthew McConaughey >
- The Guardian(UK) 20:15September 19, 2021Tory party has ‘ugly’ values under Boris Johnson, says Ed DaveyLib Dem leader emphasises vulnerability of Conservative seats in ‘blue wall’ in conference speechBoris Johnson has reshaped the Conservative party to his own “ugly” values, Ed Davey has argued, using his speech to the Liberal Democrat conference to make an open appeal to more traditional Tory voters who dislike the prime minister and his populist ways.Addressing a crowd of about 200 activists for the sole in-person event of an otherwise virtual annual gathering of the party, the Lib Dem leader repeatedly emphasised what he said was the vulnerability of Conservative seats in the so-called blue wall. Continue reading...
< Liberal Democrats, Ed Davey, Politics, UK news, Liberal Democrat conference >
- The Guardian(UK) 09:20September 19, 2021Give £200 to every child for catch-up lessons – Lib DemsEd Davey reveals £5bn ‘listen to parents’ scheme to spend on extra tuitionParents should be handed a £200 voucher for each child to spend on extra tutoring, music lessons or sports clubs as part of a £5bn programme to help pupils catch up after the pandemic, the Liberal Democrats announce today.In an interview with the Observer, the party leader, Ed Davey, said he wanted to encourage the increased demand from parents to be part of their children’s education as a result of the crisis. Awarding an annual £200 for each child for three years would amount to one of the most radical parent empowerment programmes ever undertaken. Continue reading...
< Ed Davey, Politics, UK news, Liberal Democrat conference, Schools, Liberal Democrats, Education policy, Education, Coronavirus, Parents and parenting >
- Business Insider 12:00September 18, 2021Affordable childcare has a 'fundamental funding problem,' according to top Obama economist Betsey Stevenson: kids can't take out loans to pay for preschool like adults can for college"It's absolutely impossible to take out a loan to pay for your own preschool. It's just not something a 3- or 4-year-old can do," Stevenson said.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Childcare, Reconciliation, Democrats, Inequality, Education, Obama, Student Loans >
- Guardian 08:00September 18, 2021Peril review: Bob Woodward Trump trilogy ends on note of dire warningBehind the headlines about Gen Milley, China and the threat of nuclear war lies a sobering read about democracy in dangerDonald Trump is out of a job but far from gone and forgotten. The 45th president stokes the lie of a rigged election while his rallies pack more wallop than a Sunday sermon and a bottle of Jack Daniel’s. Related: Melania Trump like Marie Antoinette, says former aide in hotly awaited book Continue reading...
< Books, Bob Woodward, Media, Culture, Politics books, US politics, US news, Republicans, Democrats, US Congress, US Capitol attack, Donald Trump, Trump administration, Joe Biden, Biden administration, World news >
- Business Insider 21:01September 17, 2021Nancy Pelosi rips into capitalism, saying it 'has not served our economy as well as it should'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said "our economic system" has helped some people thrive from the "exploitation" of workers and the environment.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Capitalism, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, Republicans, Democrats, Democratic Socialism, Economy, Democratic Socialists, Stakeholder Capitalism, Milton Friedman, Better Capitalism >
- New York Magazine 20:04September 17, 2021Will America Finally Get National Paid Family Leave?What to expect when you’re expecting the U.S. Congress to pass a paid family-leave law in 2021.
< explainer, paid leave, fy 2021 budget reconcilation bill, joe biden, democrats, politics >
- Business Insider 19:43September 17, 2021White House warns states of potential big cuts to Medicaid, school lunch and disaster relief programs if the US government defaults on its debtMitch McConnell has dug in on refusing GOP help to lift debt ceiling, raising odds of a showdown that could cause a recession.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Joe Biden, Mitch McConnell, Biden administration, Republicans, Debt Ceiling, National Debt, Medicaid, free school meals, Disaster relief, jen psaki, senate republicans, Democrats, Economy, Policy >
- Business Insider 00:51September 17, 2021One chart shows how the Democratic tax plan helps most Americans a lot more than the Trump cutsAmericans earning below $30,000 are among the big winners in the House Democrats' plan. They'll see larger cuts than in the 2017 Republican tax law.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Trump Tax Law, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Child tax credit, Trump tax cuts, Economy, Policy, BI Graphics >
- Business Insider 22:44September 16, 2021Biden calls out US billionaire wealth surging $1.8 trillion during the pandemic: 'It's simply not fair'Biden urged Congress to pass a $3.5 trillion spending plan that would include money for IRS tax enforcement and the monthly child tax credit.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Joe Biden, Infrastructure, Biden child tax credit, Inequality, Joe Manchin, Kyrsten Sinema, affordable childcare, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden administration, Direct payments, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:52September 16, 2021Democrats may leave a tax loophole billionaires love untouched. Closing it would dent the fortunes of Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk."Stepped-up basis" lets billionaires transfer assets without paying taxes. Closing it could help raise more than $320 billion, the White House said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Policy, Tax Law, House Ways and Means Committee, Wealth Tax, step-up basis, Taxes, infrastructure plan, House Democrats, Senate Democrats, President Joe Biden, Ron Wyden, Kyrsten Sinema, Joe Manchin, Richard Neal, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Billionaires, wealth inequality >
- Business Insider 13:30September 16, 2021Warren Buffett's favorite investment won't be as appealing if lawmakers pass a 2% tax on stock buybacksBuffett's Berkshire Hathaway, which spent $31 billion on share repurchases in the year to June 30, would be hit by the proposed tax.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, Stocks, Stock Buybacks, share repurchases, Senate, Shareholder Returns, Sherrod Brown, Ron Wyden, Elizabeth Warren, Senate Democrats, Taxes >
- Business Insider 23:05September 15, 2021Democrats have to pass Biden's agenda or the US won't get back to pre-crisis prosperity, Oxford Economics saysDemocrats have weeks to pass a multitrillion-dollar spending plan. Failing to do so would doom the US to a subpar recovery, the research firm said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Stimulus, Biden infrastructure, Senate Democrats, House Democrats, infrastructure bill, infrastructure spending, Reconciliation, Oxford Economics, Nancy Vanden Houten, Gregory Daco, economic outlook, Economic Recovery, Policy >
- The Guardian 22:27September 15, 2021Biden has ‘complete confidence’ in top general after Woodward revelations – live• Gen Milley reportedly took steps to stop Trump starting a war• Biden salutes his leadership, patriotism and fidelity to constitution• Democrats celebrate Newsom’s California recall victorySign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 8.27pm BST The White House has dismissed Republican criticism of Gen Mark Milley, arguing the chairman’s reported actions were understandable given that he was working with Donald Trump, who had incited a deadly insurrection at the US Capitol.“This current president, who follows the constitution, who’s not fomenting an insurrection, who follows the rule of law, has complete confidence in Chairman Milley and him continuing to serve in his role,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said this afternoon. 8.08pm BST Joe Biden’s comments about Gen Mark Milley come as some Republicans have called on the president to fire the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff over his reported efforts to put guardrails on Donald Trump’s behavior during his final days in office.Marco Rubio, the top Republican on the Senate intelligence committee, sent Biden a letter arguing that Milley’s reported actions represented “a treasonous leak of classified information to the Chinese Communist Party”.‼️NEW: Rubio to @POTUS: Fire General Milley now.https://t.co/DJKBKVpvbW Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, California, Republicans, Democrats, Joe Biden >
- The Guardian 20:39September 15, 2021What does Gavin Newsom’s recall victory mean for California?The governor easily defeated the attempt to remove him from office as voters indicated they didn’t want a dramatic change of courseCalifornia’s governor, Gavin Newsom, defeated a historic Republican-led recall effort, securing a victory that will probably save his political career and bolster the continuation of the Democrat’s policies.Newsom on Tuesday easily fought back the attempt to remove him from office less than three years into his first term. Incomplete returns showed him heading toward a landslide win with about 65% of the vote. Continue reading...
< Gavin Newsom, California, US politics, Democrats, Republicans, US news >
- New York Magazine 18:29September 15, 2021Surrendering to Republicans on Voting Rights Won’t Save DemocracyJoe Manchin seems to think voting-rights reforms have to be bipartisan to work. But letting Republicans run wild won’t encourage them to compromise.
< politics, voting rights, joe manchin, voter suppression, ned foley, republicans, democrats, john lewis voting rights act, for the people act, voting rights act of 1965, u.s. supreme court, 2022 midterms, vision 2024, kyrsten sinema >
- Business Insider 17:26September 15, 2021Mitch McConnell warns that Republicans won't back down from vow to force Democrats to raise debt ceiling alone: 'Do you guys think I'm bluffing?'McConnell is determined to resist Democratic pressure to raise the debt ceiling alongside them. The showdown could derail the economic recovery.
< Economy, Politics, Mitch McConnell, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Debt Ceiling, White House, Joe Biden, National Debt, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 13:45September 15, 2021Why Democrats' new plan to tax the wealthy still isn't the wealth tax the public overwhelmingly wants it to beBiden wants billionaires to pay their 'fair share.' House Democrats decided to leave a huge chunk of their fortunes untaxed.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Wealth Tax, Tax Law, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Taxes, Senate Democrats, House Ways and Means Committee, Policy >
- New York Magazine 07:14September 15, 2021Newsom Defeats California Recall BidOnce Democratic voters started paying attention, the GOP’s effort to oust the governor lost ground, resulting in an expensive flop.
< politics, 2021 california recall election, gavin newsom, larry elder, voting by mail, french laundry scandal, republicans, democrats, covid-19 >
- The Guardian(UK) 06:50September 15, 2021Gavin Newsom will remain California governor after easily defeating recall attemptDemocrat found himself in peculiar position after Republican-led recall gained steam amid the worst of the state’s pandemicCalifornia’s governor, Gavin Newsom, has prevailed in a rare recall election that left him battling for his political life.The Associated Press has projected the results about 45 minutes after polls closed, signalling that voters have eschewed the choice to replace Newsom with his most popular challenger, the rightwing radio host Larry Elder. While the race was called by the AP on Tuesday night, the vote count is not yet final, and election officials have 30 days to count all the ballots. Continue reading...
< California, Gavin Newsom, US politics, Republicans, Democrats, US news >
- Business Insider 03:09September 15, 2021Bernie Sanders says Senate Democrats weighing $1,000 voucher for seniors to purchase new Medicare benefits"I think what we're looking at is here's $1000 right away, use that to go to a dentist if you cannot afford to go," Sen. Bernie Sanders told Insider.
< Economy, Politics, Bernie Sanders, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Joe Biden, Ron Wyden, Barack Obama, Medicare, Affordable Care Act, Obamacare >
- Business Insider 02:31September 15, 2021GOP and Democratic senators condemn abortion protest held outside Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's home"SHUT UP AND PASS SOME LAWS," the protest's organizers said in response to the senators' comments on Tuesday.
< Politics, News, Abortion, Protest, Supreme Court, Texas, Law, Pregnancy, Brett Kavanaugh, Congress, Senate, Democrats, Republicans, Dick Durbin, Patrick Leahy, Chuck Grassley >
- Business Insider 20:32September 14, 2021Sen. Joe Manchin doubles down on requiring parents to work for the Biden child tax creditManchin's idea sparked early backlash from Democrats. "I think that raising children is work," Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio told reporters Tuesday.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Biden child tax credit, Bernie Sanders, White House, Joe Biden, Stimulus, Direct payments, child allowance >
- The Guardian 19:45September 14, 2021Top US general feared Trump would go ‘rogue’ and launch nuclear attack after election loss, new Woodward book claims – liveJournalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa are out with a book that includes new details on Trump’s final days in officeFreedom to Vote Act includes wide-ranging reforms in compromiseSenator threatens to subpoena defense secretary over Afghan pulloutSign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 5.45pm BST The date Saturday 9 October 2021 might go down in political history. Or at least that is what Donald Trump would like you to believe.That night, Trump will hold a rally in Iowa, the celebrated launchpad for US presidential candidates, the state that goes first in the major parties’ selection process and that is already drawing potential contenders for the Republican nomination in 2024. Related: Will he or won’t he? Why Trump’s tease over 2024 suits him just fine 5.32pm BST Legendary journalist Bob Woodward and Robert Costa are out with a book that includes new details on Donald Trump’s final days in office.CNN reports: Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump’s top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took top-secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to ‘Peril,’ a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, ‘was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.’ Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, Democrats, Republicans, Joe Biden, California, US Senate >
- Business Insider 05:57September 14, 2021Democrats are pouring cold water on Joe Manchin's suggested work requirement for the Biden child tax creditA key House progressive and several Senate Democrats including Bernie Sanders started lining up against Manchin.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Manchin, Bernie Sanders, Sherrod Brown, White House, Republicans, Democrats, Biden child tax credit, House, Senate, Direct payments, Policy >
- Breitbart News 02:01September 14, 2021Nolte: More Democrats Fear Trump Supporters and Unvaccinated than Taliban"Fifty-seven percent (57%) of Democratic voters believe supporters of Donald Trump are a serious threat to the nation," reports pollster Scott Rasmussen. What's more, 56 percent of Democrats see the unvaccinated as a "serious threat" to America.
< Health, National Security, Politics, coronavirus, Democrats, Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Taliban >
- New York Magazine 00:28September 14, 2021Why I Waited a Month to Fill Out My California Recall BallotAfter much deliberation, I decided not to vote for a replacement candidate – but not because Gavin Newsom told me to skip the question.
< politics, california gubernatorial recall, gavin newsom, democrats, republicans, replacement contest, gray davis, arnold schwarzenegger, cruz bustamante, voting by mail >
- Business Insider 20:31September 13, 2021House Democrats' new plan still leaves a gap for the wealthy to dodge some taxes - and it keeps the corporate rate at a historic lowThe wealthiest earn more from investments than salaries. Biden promised to change that, but the House is preserving a loopholes instead.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Tax Law, tax laws, Taxes, House Democrats, House Ways and Means Committee, Corporate tax hike, Corporate Tax Rate, Capital gains tax, capital gains taxes, Tax Hikes, Tax Reform, Policy >
- Business Insider 15:15September 13, 2021Elon Musk is angry about a new bill that includes a $4,500 tax incentive for electric vehicles built by companies with unionsElon Musk said Ford and the United Auto Workers union had written the bill, but didn't offer any evidence. Tesla has historically been anti-union.
< Transportation, Tech Insider, News, Elon Musk, Tesla, EVs, President Biden, Democrats, tax break, Ford, UAW, Toyota, Honda >
- Business Insider 04:26September 13, 2021A leaked tax plan draft shows how Democrats want to raise $2.9 trillion from wealthy Americans and big corporations, rolling back Trump-era tax cutsA document circulating among House Democrats says high-earning Americans with incomes over $5 million could see a 3% "surtax."
< Economy, Politics, House Democrats, Richard Neal, Trump tax cuts, Trump Tax Law, Corporate taxes, Joe Manchin, White House, Biden infrastructure plan, Congress, Taxes >
- New York Magazine 19:00September 12, 2021Democrats May Have to Change the Subject From Biden in 2022Midterms are usually a referendum on presidents. But if Biden’s numbers don’t improve, Dems can run against Trump or GOP extremism in its many forms.
< politics, 2022 midterms, donald trump, covid-19, vaccines, anti-vaxxers, joe biden, abortion, voting rights, republicans, democrats, gavin newsom, 2021 california recall election >
- Business Insider 13:20September 12, 2021Democrats are allowing jobless aid to expire just as an eviction ban lapses, which risks leaving 10 million unemployed feeling 'neglected' during the Delta surgeCalling it a "double hit," former Fed economist Claudia Sahm says it's "been so tough on the unemployed. This is the ending that fits the crisis."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, COVID relief, COVID, Unemployment, BI Graphics, Samantha Lee, Joe Biden, Democrats, Republicans, Policy, Economy, Congress >
- The Guardian 15:15September 11, 2021America commemorates 20th anniversary of 9/11 terror attacks – liveJoe Biden to join victims’ families at ceremonies in New York, at the Pentagon and at Shanksville, Pennsylvania• Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email 1.13pm BST President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden have arrived at Ground Zero for the 9/11 memorial in New York. They will join the families of the victims. Former President Barack Obama will also join them. The ceremony will begin at 8:30 am. President Joe Biden has arrived at Ground Zero for the 9/11 memorial event in New York.Latest: https://t.co/FTPzfK5fgO pic.twitter.com/hvN18xkeFu 1.02pm BST Hello, Guardian readers.Today marks the 20th anniversary of 11 September 2001. On this somber day, America will grieve for victims of the terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington DC that killed nearly 3,000 people, sparked long, bloody wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and dramatically altered the course of the 21st century. Continue reading...
< US politics, US news, September 11 2001, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats >
- Business Insider 15:00September 11, 2021'Lawless behavior': Legal experts say the Supreme Court acted out of 'political motivations' in upholding Texas' abortion banThe court has come under attack for its recent decision to maintain a Texas law that bans abortions after six weeks of pregnancy.
< Politics, News, Supreme Court, Justices, Amy Coney Barrett, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, Samuel Alito, Clarence Thomas, John Roberts, Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan, Sonia Sotomayor, Democrats, Republicans, Texas, Abortion, Law, Ban, Pregnancy, Women, Court, Legal, Experts >
- Business Insider 08:20September 11, 2021House Democrats propose renewing Biden's $300 monthly checks to families until 2025 in social spending packageTheir timeline may set up a clash with Senate Democrats who are eyeing a shorter child tax credit extension due to limited funding.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Child tax credit, Direct payment, House Democrats, Senate Democrats, Senate >
- Breitbart News 23:47September 10, 2021Nancy Pelosi to Democrats on Reconciliation: 'Embrace the Suck'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) told her fellow Democrats on Friday to "embrace the suck" when it comes to the $3.5 trillion reconciliation package her party is using as a Trojan horse to quickly pass radical ideas, according to a Politico reporter.
< Politics, American Action Network, Democrats, House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi, Politico, poll, reconciliation >
- Business Insider 19:58September 10, 2021Justice Stephen Breyer says the Supreme Court's recent Texas abortion decision was 'very, very, very wrong'"I'll add one more 'very,'" Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer told NPR. "I wrote a dissent - and that's how it works."
< Politics, News, Stephen Breyer, Texas, Abortion, Law, Ban, Supreme Court, Justices, Democrats, Republicans, White House, Joe Biden >
- Business Insider 19:29September 10, 2021Senate Democrats propose 2% tax on stock buybacks to help fund $3.5 trillion spending planJPMorgan estimates that a record $1 trillion in corporate stock buybacks could be made over the next year.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Stock Market, stock market 2021, Stock Buybacks, Stock buyback, corporate buybacks, share repurchases, share buybacks, Democrats >
- Business Insider 18:59September 10, 2021Justice Stephen Breyer says Biden packing the Supreme Court will make people 'lose trust' in the institutionProgressives have repeatedly urged Breyer, the court's oldest justice, to announce his retirement so Biden can nominate a younger liberal judge.
< Politics, Stephen Breyer, Supreme Court, Justices, Retirement, Retire, Republicans, Democrats, Supreme Court justices, Abortion, Texas >
- Business Insider 15:26September 10, 2021Andrew Yang no longer considers himself a Democrat and is planning a 3rd party, Politico report saysThe former tech entrepreneur launched an outside bid for the presidency in 2020, on the back of a pledge to introduce a universal minimum wage.
< Politics, Andrew Yang, 3rd party, Democrats, Republicans, News UK >