- Business Insider 12:40September 22, 2021Costco warns shoppers that their toilet paper orders could be delayed, a report says"Due to increased volumes, you may see a slight delay in the processing of this order," Costco said in a confirmation email, seen by Fox Business.
< Retail, Economy, News, Costco, Toilet Paper, toilet paper shortage, Supply Chain, supply chain crisis, Supply shortages, Retail >
- Breitbart News 06:31September 22, 2021House Passes Bill to Prevent Shutdown, Suspend Debt LimitThe U.S. House passed legislation on Tuesday that will prevent a government shutdown and suspend the debt limit beyond the month.
< Economy, Politics, Congress, Debt ceiling, Iron Dome Defense System, Israel, Senate, spending >
- Breitbart News 05:03September 22, 2021Schumer, Zuckerberg Lobby Use Horse Videos to Denounce Title 42 Migration BarrierPro-amnesty Democrats and their pro-migration corporate allies are exploiting the media uproar over horse-mounted officers at the border to demand even easier migration into the U.S. economy.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Chuck Schumer, FWD.us, Haitian Migrants, Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) >
- Business Insider 03:52September 22, 2021The House approves a measure to avoid government shutdown and debt default, but McConnell is poised to torpedo it in the SenateThe passage of the bill does little to resolve the standoff between Democrats and Republicans as the US veers into a potential government shutdown.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Republicans, Democrats, White House, Joe Biden, Congress, National Debt, Debt Ceiling, Economy >
- Business Insider 00:03September 22, 2021Congress could cost Americans $15 trillion and 6 million jobs if it doesn't raise the debt ceiling, Moody's saysIf the government defaults on its debt, the resulting downturn would be similar to the 2008 financial crisis, Mark Zandi of Moody's said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Congress, Moody's, Mark Zandi, Debt Ceiling, Government Debt, Debt Limit, Government Spending, Recession >
- Business Insider 22:59September 21, 2021Cuts to COVID-era unemployment benefits will lower US incomes by nearly $145 billion, according to economic think tankThe average annual decrease in income from UI cuts is $13,728 per person, and the average annual decrease in spending is $7,450, EPI reports.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Unemployment, Economy, Biden-Harris, Unemployment benefits, Unemployment aid, unemployment check, Unemployment crisis >
- Business Insider 22:49September 21, 2021Chuck Schumer calls out Biden for dragging his feet on the student debt crisis: 'Students don't need their debts paused - they need it erased'"It's unacceptable, it's un-American. And at the rate we're going, it's unsustainable," Senate Majority Leader Schumer said on Tuesday.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Student debt forgiveness, Student Loans, Chuck Schumer, Ayanna Pressley, Richard Cordray, Education Department, Biden >
- Business Insider 21:48September 21, 2021Congress keeps playing chicken with a rule that could torpedo the economy. Here's what the debt ceiling is - and why it's so dangerous.Democrats and Republicans have less than a month to raise the debt ceiling. The stakes are incredibly high, but lawmakers are at an impasse.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Congress, Explainer, Debt Ceiling, US Debt, US debt limit, Debt Limit, Government Debt, Government Spending, Fiscal Policy, Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer >
- Business Insider 21:26September 21, 2021Gen Z is so good at trendspotting they could take over the VC industryGen Z investors just hosted their first major venture capital event. They may lack banking or business experience, but they know what's cool.
< Economy, Markets, gen z, venture capitalist, Economy, Careers, young investors, Venture Capital, BofA research >
- Business Insider 21:24September 21, 2021Elizabeth Warren and Cori Bush are fighting an 'extremist' Supreme Court on the eviction ban by introducing a bill to keep renters in their homes until the pandemic is overAOC and Ayanna Pressley support the bill, which gives the federal government the power to implement its own eviction moratorium.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, cori bush, Elizabeth Warren, evictions, Renters, Eviction ban, Biden, Supreme Court, AOC, Ayanna Pressley >
- Business Insider 21:19September 21, 2021Take a look at the record-breaking port congestion from 10,000 feet above, as 70 hulking cargo ships park off the LA coastFrom above they may look like specs, but the cargo ships have turned the coast of Southern California into a parking lot.
< Transportation, Economy, News, Retail, Boats, Shipping Crisis, supply chain crisis, Shortages, price hikes >
- Business Insider 20:42September 21, 2021Biden's economic agenda in 'significant danger' of collapse. The worst-case scenario for the 2022 midterms is inching closer.Biden needs results not just to transform the economy, but to have something to run on. "The party's future depends on getting this bill done."
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Republicans, Democrats, National Debt, Default, Mitch McConnell, AOC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, ACA', Government shutdown, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 20:01September 21, 2021Democrats are holding the first hearing in 23 years on a measure to lift the elderly and disabled out of povertyDemocrats want to boost Supplemental Security Income, to lift 3.3 million of the elderly and disabled out of poverty, in their $3.5 trillion bill.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Sherrod Brown, SSI, Supplemental Security Income, Reconciliation, Poverty, Social Security >
- Business Insider 19:30September 21, 2021AOC says ending federal unemployment benefits was 'based on fantasy, not data'Federal unemployment benefits ended this month, but millions of Americans that were cut off aren't flocking back to work. AOC blames childcare costs.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Unemployment, Unemployment benefits, unemployment ending, Unemployment aid, pua, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, AOC, Policy >
- Business Insider 19:08September 21, 2021The creative ways retailers are trying to sidestep shipping delays, from Home Depot flying in power tools to Walmart chartering smaller ships that can fit into tinier portsAs record numbers of cargo ships clog key ports, many retailers have been forced to scrap traditional strategies for much more expensive ones.
< Transportation, Economy, News, Boats, supply chain crisis, Shipping Crisis, Walmart, Lululemon, Home Depot, Ikea, Amazon, air freight, Container ship, Peloton, Shortages, price hikes >
- Breitbart News 17:36September 21, 2021JCN's Parker: Biden Vaccine Mandate Framing 'Disingenuous' -- 'It's Really Going to Impact Small Business'Monday, Job Creators Network chief communications officer Elaine Parker discussed the small business advocate's upcoming lawsuit to block the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for businesses with over 100 employees.
< Clips, Economy, Health, coronavirus, Elaine Parker, Fox Business Network, Job Creators Network, vaccine mandate >
- Business Insider 17:10September 21, 2021Bitcoin hovers around $43,000 as crypto markets try to shake off worries about an Evergrande defaultBitcoin hovered around $43,000 Tuesday as it recovered from a broad crypto sell-off prompted by fears of spillover from the Evergrande debt crisis.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Cryptocurrencies, cryptocurrency, crypto adoption, crypto analysis, crypto analyst, Coinshares, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano, Solana, Solana price, Evergrande, Evergrande collapse, Evergrande Health, China Property Market, China Economy, China Economy and Markets, altcoins >
- New York Magazine 17:00September 21, 2021Why Trouble at a Chinese Real-Estate Company Led to a Stock Market PlungeWall Street seems to be wrapping its head around just how fast things are changing in Xi’s China. Evergrande’s woes are emblematic of those changes.
< the money game, china, xi jinping, the economy, stonks, gamestop, the stock market, wall street >
- Business Insider 16:59September 21, 202170% of millennials are living paycheck to paycheck, more than any other generationMost millennials are hitting a precarious life stage, full of expensive milestones but not peak earnings. The economy of this century hasn't helped.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Millennials, Millennial Wealth, Financial Behavior, Salary, Spending, Financial habits >
- Business Insider 16:42September 21, 2021Climate disaster turned these millennials into 'forever renters': 'Being flexible is the new American dream'Samuel Naujokas said wildfires made him rethink his idea of success. "Maybe there's something wrong with" the value we give homeownership, he said.
< Real Estate, Economy, Sustainability, Climate Change, Climate, Real Estate, Homeowner, Homeownership, Rent, Renters, Homeowners, Wildfires, Wildfire, BI-freelancer, Contributor 2021, contributor 2019, Business News Contributor >
- Breitbart News 14:04September 21, 2021Chuck Schumer: Amnesty and Migrants Prevent Labor ShortagesSenate Majority Leader Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said Monday amnesty and migrants are needed to prevent labor shortages.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Amnesty, Chuck Schumer, New York, wages >
- Time 14:00September 21, 2021The U.S. Is Losing the Global Race to Decide the Future of Money—and It Could Doom the Almighty Dollar"I don’t think the U.S. is aware there is a race"
< Uncategorized, Economy, TIME 2030 >
- Breitbart News 13:12September 21, 2021DHS Is Releasing Many Haitians from Del Rio LandingBiden administration officials began quietly telling journalists Monday they will release many of the roughly 15,000 Haitian migrants in the Del Rio camp.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, Alejandro Mayorkas, catch and release, Del Rio, Deportation, Haitian Migrants >
- Observer 23:55September 20, 2021What Is Evergrande and Why Are US Investors Panicked Over Its Meltdown?Chinese property giant Evergrande is having a Lehman Brothers moment.
< China, Chinese Economy, Evergrande, finance, real estate, stock market >
- Business Insider 23:48September 20, 2021Student-loan companies chose to shut down rather than face more accountability, says a top Biden officialFederal Student Aid Director Richard Cordray said he plans to hold the remaining student-loan companies to a higher standard.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Student Debt, Richard Cordray, Education Department, Student Loans, Elizabeth Warren >
- Business Insider 23:45September 20, 2021Mitch McConnell says the GOP will vote for the US to default on its debtNancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer announced they would attach a debt ceiling suspension to a government funding bill, daring the GOP. McConnell answered.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Debt Ceiling, Debt Limit, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Reconciliation, Government shutdown, Mitch McConell >
- Business Insider 23:15September 20, 2021Businesses have 3 options to tackle the labor shortage and they all have problemsSome businesses are just working their current staff more - which could only make the problem worse, say researchers at Bank of America.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, labor shortage, labor shortages, $15 Minimum Wage, Wage Inflation, wage pressure, Wage Growth, Policy >
- Business Insider 22:43September 20, 2021The Labor Shortage
< Economy, labor shortage, labor shortages, Geriatric Millennial, Geriatric Millennials, Childcare >
- Business Insider 22:41September 20, 2021One map shows how long it could take for each US state and DC to get back to pre-pandemic employmentUtah and Idaho have already seen their labor markets return to pre-pandemic levels. This map shows when the rest of the country could recover.
< Economy, Markets, Economy, Employment, Economic Recovery, BLS, States, projection, Job Growth, BI Graphics, map >
- Breitbart News 21:50September 20, 2021Dow Plummets 840 Points as Fear of China Contagion Takes HoldConcerns over giant and debt-soaked property developer China Evergrande has stocks selling off across the globe.
< Asia, Economy, China, Real Estate >
- Business Insider 21:23September 20, 2021Remote work didn't wipe out big cities - it made them even biggerThe guy who literally wrote the book on superstar cities like NYC and San Francisco says they're here to stay. Remote work is widening them.
< Economy, Markets, Superstar Cities, New York, San Francisco, Economy, WFH, Remote Work, remote worker, remote working, Remote Workers, Metro Area >
- Business Insider 20:36September 20, 2021The stakes of passing Biden's agenda are 4 million jobs a year, study saysOver 1 million caregiving jobs could be supported each year, according to the Economic Policy Institute's analysis of the Build Back Better Agenda.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, EPI, Policy, Jobs, spending plan, Reconciliation, Infrastructure, BI Graphics >
- Business Insider 20:06September 20, 2021The White House says no to minting a $1 trillion coin to sidestep McConnell and ease debt ceiling standoff in CongressThe White House is closing an option to defuse a showdown in Congress over paying America's bills, with the GOP refusing to budge.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, White House, Mint the Coin, Joe Biden, Republicans, Democrats, Trump administration, Treasury Department, Janet Yellen, Trillion Dollar Coin, Default, National Debt, Social Security, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 19:58September 20, 2021February's student-loan payment restart will run into a 'psychological hurdle' as many borrowers thought their debt would be forgiven, Biden official says"The stakes are extremely high" for borrowers who have gotten used to not making any payments on student debt, FSA Director Richard Cordray said.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Politics, Student Debt, Student Loans, Richard Cordray, FSA, Education Department, Student debt forgiveness, Elizabeth Warren, Chuck Schumer, Policy, Economy >
- Business Insider 19:44September 20, 2021Americans are pissed about the housing market - they haven't hated it this much in 4 decadesOnly 29% of Americans think it's a good time to buy a house, according to the University of Michigan. That's down from 65% in March 2020.
< Economy, Markets, Real Estate, Economy, Housing Market, University of Michigan Survey of Consumers, University of Michigan, Consumer Sentiment, UMich consumer sentiment, Home Prices, Homebuyer, Homebuyers, economic outlook >
- Business Insider 19:18September 20, 2021Used-car prices are surging - again - and it's probably going to get worsePrices for used cars briefly cooled down this summer, but wholesale prices were on the rise again in September.
< Transportation, Economy, News, Transportation, Used cars, Auto Industry, car buying, car dealerships >
- Business Insider 18:40September 20, 2021The number of billionaires grew by 13.4% in 2020 - making the pandemic a 'windfall to billionaire wealth'The world now has over 3,000 billionaires, and their collective wealth went up in 2020. Some argue a wealth tax could help level the playing field.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Inequality, Inequality Tax, Wealth Tax, Wealth taxes, Billionaires, Billionaire, Policy >
- Business Insider 17:48September 20, 2021Failure to raise the debt ceiling will delay child tax credit payments and Social Security checks, causing 'economic catastrophe,' Janet Yellen says"Paying America's bills shouldn't be a controversial issue," Yellen wrote in a WSJ opinion piece, but the GOP says it won't help Democrats do it.
< Economy, Politics, Markets, Policy, Economy, Politics, Debt Limit, Debt Ceiling, Janet Yellen, Default, Treasury, Bipartisan, Reconciliation, Child tax credit, Social Security, Mitch McConell, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 17:35September 20, 2021The largest port in the US hit a new ship-backlog record nearly every day last week, as 65 massive container boats float off the California coastSouthern California ports have hit six new records in less than four weeks, as shipping delays surge past early pandemic levels.
< Transportation, Economy, News, Boats, Port Authority, supply chain crisis, Supply Chain, Shipping Crisis, Shipping container, Shortages >
- Breitbart News 17:33September 20, 2021Report: Kyrsten Sinema Issues Joe Biden Ultimatum, Demands House Vote on Senate-Passed $1.2 Trillion Infrastructure Bill by September 27 or No $3.5 Trillion BillSen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) has reportedly demanded House Speaker Pelosi (D-CA) to honor her promise of commencing a vote for the bipartisan infrastructure bill on or before September 27. If the House fails to pass the bill on deadline, Sinema will reportedly not support President Biden's $3.5 trillion trojan horse reconciliation package.
< Economy, Politics, infrastructure, infrastructure bill, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Kurt Schrader, Kyrsten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi >
- Business Insider 17:26September 20, 2021The government is setting hard-hit Americans up for disaster by forcing them to pay back unemployment benefits"How am I supposed to live?" Workers are being forced to make impossible decisions as the government expects the world from them.
< Opinion, Politics, Economy, Opinion, BI Commentary, permalancer, Unemployment benefits, Economy, Politics, Unemployment insurance >
- Breitbart News 16:53September 20, 2021Joe Biden's Multitrillion-Dollar Domestic Agenda Faces Major Setbacks as He Pivots to U.N.President Joe Biden's domestic agenda faces major setbacks in Congress, as Democrats debate the timing and level of spending for his second budget reconciliation spending bill.
< Economy, Politics, Joe Biden, Joe Manchin, Krysten Sinema, Nancy Pelosi, United Nations >
- Business Insider 16:23September 20, 2021Tiny houses are more popular than ever, but they're not the bargain everyone thinks they areTiny houses are 62% more expensive than full-size homes based on square footage. Their skyrocketing popularity sums up America's housing crisis.
< Real Estate, Markets, Economy, tiny houses, tiny homes, Economy, Housing Crisis, Affordably Housing, Tiny Living, Millennial Affordability Crisis, Real Estate, Housing Market, millennial, Millennial Debt, Millennial Financial Behavior, millennial homebuying, Millennial Homeownership >
- Business Insider 16:22September 20, 2021Childcare centers say staff are leaving them in droves for better wages, including for $15-an-hour roles at WalmartOne childcare center owner told The Washington Post that some of her former staff now work as bank tellers, nannies, and at a trucking company.
< Economy, News, labor shortage, Jobs, Hiring, Work, Labor, Employment, Unemployment, Childcare, Child Care >
- Business Insider 15:44September 20, 2021Evergrande's looming default is spooking markets, but three top analysts say this isn't China's 'Lehman Brothers moment'Michael Burry of "Big Short" fame is among those worried about the Chinese property giant, but analysts say its collapse would have limited global impact.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Evergrande, Evergrande collapse, Lehman Brothers, Stock markets, Property Market, Chinese Economy, Global Economy, Michael Burry, Ed Yardeni >
- Business Insider 15:12September 20, 2021A discount store in Maine is closing after losing half its staff. Despite a 'help wanted' sign in the window, only 5 people applied for a job in 6 months, its owner said.The owner of Big Al's Super Values Store appeared to blame jobless benefits. He said people could earn more "working for the government" than for him.
< Retail, Economy, News, labor shortage, Maine, Work, Jobs, Employment, Unemployment, Hiring, Retail >
- Business Insider 12:55September 20, 2021Global stocks fall as Chinese property developer Evergrande's scramble to avoid default rattles investorsDow futures lost 500 points as worries grew about the looming default by Evergrande, whose shares plunged to an 11-year low in Hong Kong.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, ukmarketwrap, Markets and Economy, markets and equities, Stocks 2021, Evergrande Health, Property >
- Breitbart News 22:00September 19, 2021Poll: 56% of Americans Disapprove of Direction of Country Under BidenFifty-six percent of Americans disapprove of the direction of the country after President Biden's first eight months in office according to a Fox News poll.
< Politics, Pre-Viral, Afghanistan, approval rating, coronavirus, disapproval rating, economy, Joe Biden, poll >
- Business Insider 17:28September 19, 2021A Baltimore neighbourhood's last remaining restaurant closes down due to a lack of kitchen staffVillage Square Cafe, which has been operating for nearly 13 years in Cross Keys, is the latest casualty of the ongoing labor shortage, reports say.
< Retail, Economy, News, Weekend BI UK, labor shortage, worker shortage, Economy, Staff Shortage, Restaurant Business, hospitality workers >
- Business Insider 15:27September 19, 2021The US has blown over $21 trillion on the War on Terror instead of ideas like forgiving student debt or improved healthcare. Now t's time to invest in making American lives better.Now that the war in Afghanistan is over, the government should reinvest military spending on our countless overlapping crises.
< Opinion, Politics, Military & Defense, News, Economy, Opinion, Afghanistan, War, Politics, Biden, Congress, Federal Budget, Government Spending, BI Commentary, Commentary Freelancer >