- Business Insider 15:32June 28, 2022Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway piles another $44 million into Occidental Petroleum, adding to its $9 billion stake in the energy giantBuffett's company now holds 153.5 million of Occidental's common shares, $10 billion of its preferred stock, and about 84 million stock warrants.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, Occidental Petroleum, Energy Prices, Oil and Gas, russia ukraine war, Energy, Fuel, stock portfolio, stock purchases >
- Business Insider 21:46June 26, 2022British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says a Russian victory in Ukraine would be 'absolutely catastrophic'Johnson said that funding for Ukraine from Western nations, including billions in US aid, was "a price worth paying for democracy and freedom."
< Politics, International, Military & Defense, Boris Johnson, Ukraine, Military aid, Russia, Vladimir Putin, G7, G7 Summit, Global Economics, Energy Prices, Joe Biden, Capitol Siege >
- Business Insider 11:00June 25, 2022Energy costs are soaring, bitcoin's price is plummeting — and that's why big crypto miners are selling tokens at a discountProfits for bitcoin miners have tumbled in the face of rising electricity costs and a cryptocurrency sell-off that has sent the token to 18-month lows.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, crypto, Energy Prices, Weekend BI UK, Electricity costs, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrencies, Crypto mining, Bitcoin miners, Riot Blockchain, crypto miner, Marathon Digital Holdings, Bitfarms, Cost Of Living, Bitcoin Mining, Electricity, crypto sell-off >
- Business Insider 14:13June 23, 2022Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway plows another $529 million into Occidental Petroleum, boosting its bet on the energy stock to $8.5 billionBerkshire now owns more than 16% of the oil-and-gas company, which is benefiting from the surge in energy prices this year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, Occidental Petroleum, Energy, Oil and Gas, stock portfolio, stock purchases, russia ukraine war, Energy Prices, Gas Prices >
- Business Insider 14:03June 16, 2022Bank of England hikes interest rates to 13-year high as inflation nears 10%Like other central banks around the world, the Bank of England is grappling with red-hot inflation but a slowdown in growth.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bank of England, Bank of England interest rates, BoE, Interest Rates, UK inflation, UK Economy, Global Economy, Finance, Recession, Inflation, Federal Reserve, Energy Prices, Economy >
- Business Insider 15:06June 15, 2022Joe Biden orders oil companies to explain why they're cutting gasoline production as prices soar above $5 a gallonJoe Biden complained in his letter to companies including Exxon Mobil and Shell they are cutting back gas production purely to boost profits.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Energy, Energy Prices, Gas, Gas Prices, Oil, Commodities, commodities prices, Biden, Biden administration, Energy Markets, Markets >
- Business Insider 15:31June 13, 2022The US will tumble into a recession as inflation soars, 70% of top economists sayThe Fed now has to hike interest rates so hard that it'll trigger a recession in the US, according to leading economists polled by the FT.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, US Recession, US Economy and Markets, recession outlook, Recession, Inflation, CPI inflation, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates, Interest rates 2022, Energy Prices, Goldman Sachs, Economy >
- Business Insider 14:30June 11, 2022A fracking boom made the US the world's biggest oil producer. Now its end is pushing gas prices much higher.US fracking was key to building energy independence through the 2010s. But the boom is over, and the country needs oil now more than ever.
< Economy, Economy, Energy Sector, Fracking, Energy Prices, Gas Prices, gasoline prices, Energy Production, Oil, Oil Market, Oil price, oil price outlook >
- Business Insider 18:05June 8, 2022Bank of America sees US oil hitting $140 a barrel within months, with analysts saying China's recovery will boost demandRecent trading patterns suggest US oil prices are set for another surge, BofA said. Meanwhile, UBS said China's reopening will stoke demand.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Oil Price Forecast, oil price outlook, US oil, WTI Crude, oil prices, Energy Prices, Bank of America, BOFA, UBS, China Economy, Energy, Oil Markets, Investing, Finance, Technical Analysis >
- Business Insider 14:45June 8, 2022'Big Short' investor Michael Burry says the dollar isn't strong at all — and inflation is eroding the US currency's buying powerBurry argued the dollar is only strong relative to its currency rivals, and the greenback is buying less due to rising prices.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Stocks, Michael Burry, The Big Short, Scion Asset Management, US Dollar, Currency, Fiat currencies, Inflation, Federal Reserve, Interest Rates, Energy Prices, Stock market bubble, Stock Market Crash, Recession >
- Business Insider 14:54May 30, 2022Iran's revenue from oil and gas exports has jumped 60% as Russia's war sends energy prices soaringDespite the tough sanctions on the country, Iran said it generated $2.45 billion from oil product exports in the first two months of its year.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Energy, Oil, Iran, Iran Oil, Sanctions, Russia, Ukraine Conflict, Ukraine War, oil exports, Energy Prices, oil prices, Saudi Arabia, Russia Sanctions, Iran Sanctions, US Sanctions, Brent Crude, Natural Gas >
- Business Insider 14:33May 26, 2022World Bank warns a global recession looks inevitable as food and energy prices spiral"It's hard right now to see how we avoid a recession," World Bank's David Malpass said, given the Ukraine war's impact on prices of energy, food, and fertilizers.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Recession, recession outlook, World Bank, Oil price, Energy Prices, Inflation, Food Prices, food prices rising, Russia, Ukraine, fertilizer, fertilizer prices, David Malpass, Economy >
- Business Insider 09:36May 18, 2022UK inflation surges to 40-year high of 9% in April, as soaring energy and food prices deepen cost-of-living crisisApril's UK inflation figures lift the chances of more interest-rate increases from the Bank of England, analysts said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, UK inflation, Economy, Pound, UK Economy, UK CPI inflation, Cost Of Living, Global Economy, Global Economy and Markets, Energy Prices, Inflation, inflation 2022, Interest Rates, Interest rates 2022, Bank of England, Sterling, BoE, Food Prices, food prices rising, fuel prices, Gas Prices, inflation outlook, covid and economy, COVID, Ukraine Conflict >
- Business Insider 20:36May 17, 20222 wild charts show how Big Oil profits are skyrocketing as prices at the pump riseOil companies are raking in the largest quarterly profits in a decade, raising concerns that the sector is using high gas prices to gouge customers.
< Economy, Economy, Gas Prices, Commodities, Energy Prices, Crude Oil, Big Oil, oil companies, Energy Sector, Inflation >
- Breitbart News 16:54May 16, 2022Orban Blocking EU Ban on Russian Oil: Like Dropping 'Nuclear Bomb' on Hungarian EconomyThe European Union's High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy says there is no guarantee that the 27-nation bloc will be able to finalise a new set of sanctions against Russia, with a small group of countries led by Hungary opposing a full oil embargo.
< Economy, London / Europe, Politics, Brussels, Central Europe, energy prices, EU, European Union, Gabrielius Landsbergis, Hungary, Josep Borrell, Lithuania, Oil, Russia Sanctions, Russian gas, Russian oil, Sanctions, Sanctions War, Ukraine, Ukraine war, V4, Viktor Orbán, Visegrad >
- Business Insider 17:39May 11, 2022The EU's energy plan that cuts reliance on Russian gas will cost it an extra $200 billion by 2030 unless it shifts to cleaner sources of power, a think tank saysCutting reliance on Russian gas will cause prices to spike and will cost the EU around $250 billion more by 2030 than it expects right now.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Energy, European Union Russian Energy, russian gas, EU, russian energy, Natural Gas, natural gas cut, Global Witness, Ember, russian energy reliance, EU energy needs, Fossil Fuels, clean energy, Alternative Fuels, Research, Energy Markets, Commodities, Energy Prices, Commodity Prices, russia ukraine war >
- Business Insider 14:06May 5, 2022The Bank of England hikes interest rates to 1%, the highest level since 2009The UK's central bank, grappling with rapidly rising inflation, on Thursday raised its main interest rate for the fourth consecutive meeting.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bank of England, Bank of England interest rates, UK Interest Rates, UK inflation, UK Economy, Global Economy, Energy Prices, Federal Reserve, BoE, Pound, GBP, FTSE 100, UK stocks >
- Business Insider 11:00May 1, 2022A European ban on Russian crude risks Moscow using the natural gas 'power tool' in its arsenal, Vortexa saidRussia is a major producer of energy and makes billions from its exports. The EU is its biggest customer and natural gas is a powerful political tool.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Russian oil ban, Oil and Gas, Europe, russian energy, Russian Oil, russian gas, russia ukraine war, Oil, Natural Gas, European Union, EU, Oil Market, natural gas cut, Ukraine War, European Union Russian Energy, russia ukraine, Vortexa, David Wech, Commodity Markets, Energy Markets, Ban, Sanctions, Russia Sanctions, Oil Production, Vladimir Putin, Russian energy imports, Russian energy exports, Russia, US oil, US oil exports, Energy Prices, Commodity Prices, Inflation >
- Business Insider 13:15April 13, 2022Sanctions on Russia aren't stopping Putin — and doing more would bring a lot of economic pain to the US and EuropeDespite the West's attempts to punish Russia, its crude oil exports are growing thanks to fresh demand from India and long-term contracts with China.
< Economy, Economy, economic outlook, Inflation, russia ukraine war, russia invasion, Sanctions, Energy Prices, russian energy, Gas Prices, analysis >
- Business Insider 13:07April 13, 2022Russia-Germany trade rupture could “move the macro needle” and cause a financial shock, says S&P GlobalA breakdown in trade between Russia and Germany could deliver a financial shock to Europe's largest economy, S&P Global's chief economist said.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Markets, Trade, trade rupture, Russia, Germany, S&P Global, Germany Economy, financial shock, russia ukraine war, Russia Sanctions, Ukraine War, russia gas, Macroeconomic Risks, Sanctions, Gas, Natural Gas, Energy Markets, Energy Prices, Commodity Prices, Commodity Markets >
- Business Insider 18:53April 12, 2022One of the euro's founding fathers says the ECB is 'living in a fantasy' by getting tough enough on inflationOtmar Issing, the ECB's first chief economist, criticized the central bank for downplaying the risks of inflation and not raising rates fast enough.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Markets, European Central Bank, Inflation, Euro, Otmar Issing, Eurozone inflation, Eurozone, Stagflation, stagflation risk, Monetary Policy, Interest Rates, Rate Hike, Interest Rate Rise, interest rate increase, asset purchases, russia ukraine, russia ukraine war, Commodity Prices, Energy Prices >
- Breitbart News 12:18April 8, 2022'Peace or Air Conditioners' – Italian PM Tells People to Cut Energy Use to Help UkraineItaly’s Prime Minister Mario Draghi has drawn ridicule for saying that people can either choose peace in Ukraine or their air conditioners.
< Economy, London / Europe, Politics, Air conditioning, Energy Crisis, energy independence, energy prices, EU, European Union, Gas, Gas Crisis, Great Reset, Italy, Mario Draghi, natural gas, rationing, Russia, Russia Sanctions, Russia-Ukraine war, Russian gas, Sanctions, Sanctions War, Ukraine, Ukraine crisis, Ukraine war >
- Business Insider 17:32April 7, 2022A 100-year old stock market indicator has tumbled into a bear market, sending a warning sign for the economy.The Dow Jones Transportation Average is down over 20% from its record high. Some investors use it as an indicator of possible recession.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Dow Jones Transportation Average, Bear Market, economic activity, transport stocks, Transportation, Recession, drop, Energy Prices, fuel prices, Inflation, Federal Reserve, Fed, Rate Hikes, Interest Rate Rise >
- Business Insider 12:58April 7, 2022IEA members agree to a 60-million barrel release of oil on top of the US' 180 million barrelsRussia's invasion of Ukraine continues to put significant strains on global oil markets, resulting in heightened price volatility, the IEA has said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Oil, IEA, russia ukraine, Oil Supply, oil prices energy sector, russia ukraine war, Energy Prices, oil prices, Oil Markets, Energy Markets, International Energy Agency, Commodity Prices, Commodity Markets, supply disruptions, US oil reserves, oil reserves >
- Business Insider 14:58April 6, 2022Billionaire investor Leon Cooperman says the US could enter recession in 2023, thanks to surging oil prices or aggressive Fed tightening"I think the Fed has totally missed it, and I think we have a lot of wood to chop," Cooperman told CNBC on Tuesday.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, US Recession, Leon Cooperman, Fed policy, oil prices, Inflation, Federal Reserve, russia ukraine, russia ukraine war, Recession, oil prices energy sector, Energy Prices, Commodity Prices, Energy Sector, Oil Market, Oil Supply, Leon Cooperman market forecast, Fed, interest rate hike, Rate Rise, Rate Hikes, Interest Rates, US inflation Fed >
- Business Insider 13:00March 26, 2022Market giants Larry Fink and Howard Marks say the Ukraine conflict will end globalization. Here are 3 key takeaways for investors.The end of globalization would have dramatic consequences, not least for investors, who have become used to a highly integrated world.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Larry Fink, BlackRock, Howard Marks, Oaktree, Globalization, Ukraine Conflict, Ukraine War, Russia, russia ukraine, Energy, Energy Prices, Inflation, Central Banks, Commodities, crypto, digital currencies, Investing, Finance, investing opportunities >
- Business Insider 15:02March 24, 2022Oil could double to $250 this year because Russia's supply to Europe will plunge, top traders warn"Wakey, wakey. We are not going back to normal business in a few months," a leading trader told the FT Commodities Global Summit.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Oil Price Forecast, oil prices, Russia Oil, Ukraine Conflict, Russia, Brent Crude, WTI Crude, commodities prices, Energy Prices, Energy, EU, Sanctions, Russia Sanctions, Investing, Finance >
- Business Insider 11:50March 23, 2022UK inflation jumps to a 30-year high of 6.2%, intensifying the cost-of-living crisisFebruary's UK inflation figures raise the chances that the Bank of England will hike interest rates again in May, analysts said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, UK inflation, UK Economy, CPI, CPI inflation, Cost Of Living, Global Economy, Energy Prices, Inflation, Interest Rates, Interest rates 2022, Bank of England, BoE, Gas Prices, Ukraine Conflict, inflation outlook, Economy >
- Business Insider 13:00March 19, 2022Oil will surge to $120 and stay high for more than a year as Russian supply dwindles, Morgan Stanley's commodities chief saysThe world economy will be dealing with high oil prices for the foreseeable future, Morgan Stanley's Martijn Rats told Insider.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, oil prices, Russia, Ukraine Conflict, Oil Market, Brent Crude, WTI Crude, Commodities, Energy Prices, Inflation, US stocks, s&p 500, Oil Production >
- Business Insider 15:09March 17, 2022Bank of England raises interest rates to 0.75% in its 3rd straight hike, as Ukraine conflict threatens to drive up inflationThe UK rate hike comes a day after the Federal Reserve raised interest rates for the first time since 2018, as central banks get tough on price rises.
< Markets, Economy, MI Exclusive, Markets, Bank of England, Interest Rates, Inflation, interest rate hike, Federal Reserve, Central Banks, Pound, FTSE 100, Global Economy, Ukraine Conflict, Energy Prices, commodities prices, Investing, Finance >
- Business Insider 17:21March 8, 2022Here's what Biden's ban on Russian oil means for prices at the pump"The high prices are likely to stick around for not days or weeks, like they did in 2008, but months," GasBuddy's head of petroleum analysis said.
< Economy, Markets, Politics, Economy, Oil price, Russian Oil, Energy Prices, Commodity Prices, crude oil price, Oil ban, economic outlook, President Joe Biden, White House >
- Breitbart News 02:38February 26, 2022Poll: 33% of Americans Approve of Biden's Handling of Russia-Ukraine ConflictA mere 33 percent of Americans "approve" of how Joe Biden has handled the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, a poll shows.
< London / Europe, National Security, Politics, energy prices, Joe Biden, poll, Russia, Russia Sanctions, Ukraine >
- Breitbart News 21:20February 23, 2022European Gas Prices Spike 13 Per Cent After Nord Stream 2 CancellationGas prices are set to soar across Europe and the UK following Germany's decision to block the approval of Russia's Nord Stream 2 pipeline.
< Economy, London / Europe, Politics, Energy, Energy Crisis, energy prices, EU, European Union, Gas Prices, Germany, green energy, inflation, Nord Stream 2, Olaf Scholz, Renewable Energy, Robert Habeck, Russia, Russian gas, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vladimir Putin >
- Business Insider 13:16February 16, 2022Biden said he couldn't promise a Ukraine war would be 'painless' and it could mean higher energy pricesAnalysts have warned that global energy prices could rise if countries put sanctions on Russia for taking action against Ukraine.
< Military & Defense, Politics, News UK, Speed desk, Joe Biden, Ukraine, Russia, Ukraine War, ukraine-russia, Energy Prices >
- Business Insider 20:23February 15, 2022A Russian invasion of Ukraine could rock stock markets and send energy prices soaring. Here's what Wall Street strategists are sayingA spike in energy prices would "perhaps tip several economies into an outright recession," Morgan Stanley said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, russia ukraine, Russia, Ukraine, Stock Market Outlook, Recession, Volatility, Energy Prices, oil prices, Wall Street, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, Credit Suisse, russia invasion, ukraine-russia, Stocks >
- Business Insider 12:00February 13, 2022US inflation is running far hotter than even the Fed expected. Here's what some of biggest banks and asset managers say about it.Inflation surged to 7.5% in January, the most since 1982. We've rounded up the views of some of the world's biggest banks and funds.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Inflation, CPI data, Wall Street, Banks, Federal Reserve, interest rate hike, Food Prices, Energy Prices, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan Chase, PIMCO, US Treasury, s&p 500, Dow Jones, nasdaq 100, economy and markets, Interest Rates, Monetary Policy, Stocks, Government Bonds, Inflation Expectations >
- Business Insider 11:34January 19, 2022UK inflation soared to a 30-year high in December — and economists say it's going higherThe red-hot inflation reading piles the pressure on the Bank of England to take strong action to tame price rises.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, Economy, UK Economy, UK inflation, Inflation, Bank of England, Price rises, Cost Of Living, CPI inflation, CPI, Global Economy, Energy Prices, Food Prices, Stocks, Currencies, BoE, Bank of England interest rates >
- Business Insider 11:52December 15, 2021UK inflation soared to its highest level in a decade in November, piling pressure on the Bank of England to raise interest ratesEconomists said the Bank of England is in a tough spot, having to weigh decade-high inflation against the new Omicron coronavirus variant.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Markets, UK inflation, Inflation, CPI inflation, UK Economy, Gas Prices, Petrol Prices, fuel prices, Energy Prices, Prices, Global Economy, Pound, FTSE 100, Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, Bank of England, Bank of England interest rates, supply chain issues, demand >
- Business Insider 11:12November 17, 2021UK inflation surges to a 10-year high of 4.2% in October, bolstering the case for Bank of England to hike rates"Today's inflation data will reinforce the Bank of England's resolve to act," Yael Selfin, chief economist at KPMG UK, said.
< Markets, MI Exclusive, Inflation, UK Economy, Bank of England, Interest Rates, Bank of England interest rates, Energy Prices, Consumers, Producers, Economy >
- Breitbart News 04:20October 29, 2021Energy Sec'y Granholm: Natural Gas Prices Are 'High' Due to Supply Problems, We're 'Coming Off' Economic Downturn 'Due to COVID'On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm stated that natural gas prices “are high” because “the supplies are not as robust as they have been.” And “this is all coming off,” “a real downturn in the
< Clips, Economy, Politics, energy prices, Jennifer Granholm, natural gas >
- Breitbart News 03:30October 29, 2021W.H.'s McCarthy on Regulation Increasing Oil and Gas Prices: 'We're Going to Use' RegulationOn Thursday's broadcast of MSNBC's "Hallie Jackson Reports," White House National Climate Adviser Gina McCarthy responded to concerns that increased regulations will cause increased gas and oil prices by stating "There's a place for" regulation and "We're going to use it." McCarthy also touted hearings with oil executives on Capitol Hill as "a day of reckoning" for the oil and gas industry.
< Clips, Economy, Politics, energy prices, Gas Prices, Gina McCarthy, oil and gas, regulations >