- Business Insider 23:28July 21, 2021Giant inflatable rats used by labor unions are constitutionally protected free speech, labor board rulesThe inflatable rat ranges in size from 12-25 feet. The Trump administration had argued its "red eyes, fangs, and claws" constituted an illegal threat.
< News, Law, scabby the rat, NLRB, National Labor Relations Board, ACLU, Organized Labor, Unions, Free Speech, First Amendment >
- Breitbart News 21:07July 19, 2021Biden: Facebook Isn't 'Killing People', Just '12 People' on Facebook ArePresident Joe Biden attempted Monday to clarify his claim last week that "misinformation" on Facebook and other social media sites is "killing people," saying just "twelve people" were responsible for most of the deadly "misinformation."
< Politics, coronavirus, Facebook, First Amendment, misinformation >
- Breitbart News 04:24July 10, 2021Trump Argues Big Tech Have Become Government Pawns in Censoring ConservativesFormer President Donald Trump has sued Twitter, Facebook, and Google for blacklisting him from their platforms on the grounds that their censorship violates the First Amendment.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Donald Trump, Facebook, First Amendment, freedom of speech, Google, Section 230, Twitter >
- Business Insider 22:31June 26, 2021Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' law punishing student 'indoctrination' is a 'disgraceful' assault on academic freedom, free speech experts warn"Everything about it is designed to chill and intimidate, not to actually cultivate an environment of free speech or dissent," a free speech advocate said.
< Politics, News, Ron DeSantis, Florida, Free Speech, First Amendment, Public Universities, Public Colleges, Faculty, Professor >
- New York Magazine 21:26June 23, 2021‘Cussing Cheerleader’ Wins in Supreme Court Free-Speech CaseThe Court decided 8-1 that obscene student tirades made on social media are protected unless they disrupt public-school activities.
< politics, u.s. supreme court, first amendment, free speech, cussing cheerleader, brandi levy, public schools, in loco parentis, snapchat, social media, tinker v. des moines >
- New York Magazine 16:00June 6, 2021The Biggest Supreme-Court Decisions Coming This TermWhat to watch for in the coming weeks, including rulings on religious liberty, voting rights, and yet another Obamacare challenge.
< supreme court, the law, politics, obamacare, religious liberty, election law, first amendment >
- Breitbart News 00:52May 15, 202132 House Republicans Demand Pelosi, Schumer Reopen U.S. Capitol to the PublicRep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), joined by 31 members of the Republican Conference, sent a letter Friday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and the Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), demanding the Capitol be open for the public to access without restriction.
< Health, Politics, Science, Andy Biggs, Andy Harris, Barry Moore, Bill Posey, Bob Good, Brian Babin, Brian Mast, Capitol Hill, Chip Roy, Chuck Schumer, coronavirus, Dan Bishop, Debbie Lesko, First Amendment, Greg Steube, Jeff Duncan, Jerry Carl, Jody Hice, Joe Wilson, Louie Gohmert, Madison Cawthorn, Marjorie Taylor Greene, mask mandate, Matt Rosendale, Michael Cloud, Mike Gallagher, Mo Brooks, Nancy Pelosi, Neal Dunn, Paul Gosar, Ralph Norman, Randy Weber, Robert Aderholt, Ronny Jackson, Tom McClintock, Tom Tiffany, Tracey Mann, Warren Davidson >
- Breitbart News 17:37May 10, 2021Baltimore City State Attorney's Office Asks FCC to Censor Local News: 'Enlist the Full Enforcement Powers'The Baltimore City State's Attorney's Office, headed by the embattled Marilyn Mosby, has filed a formal complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against a local news station for alleged "blatantly slanted, dishonest, misleading, racist, and extremely dangerous" coverage in a move many believe is an attempt by Mosby to censor reporting on her own federal criminal investigation.
< Media, Politics, Baltimore, Federal Communciations Commission, First Amendment, Jessica Rosenworcel, Marilyn Mosby, Maryland, Media Matters >
- Business Insider 01:46May 8, 2021Trump DOJ secretly pulled Washington Post reporter phone records, and tried to score email recordsThis included personal, work, and home phone numbers, and allegedly did not include any information about whether DOJ leadership approved the subpoena.
< Politics, Military & Defense, Media, Speed, doj, Journalism, Department of Justice, Trump, Russia, Washington Post, First Amendment >
- Breitbart News 19:15May 6, 2021National Day of Prayer: Joe Biden Mentions ‘Racial Justice,’ ‘Climate Change,’ Not ‘God’President Joe Biden issued a proclamation for Thursday’s celebration of the National Day of Prayer in which he failed to mention “God,” but said the day is one in which “Americans of faith can call upon the power of prayer” as they confront “racial justice” and “the existential threat of climate change.”
< Faith, Politics, Social Justice, Abortion, CatholicVote, Climate Change, conscience protections, First Amendment, Joe Biden, National Day of Prayer, racial justice, religious liberty, transgender surgeries >
- Breitbart News 21:08May 5, 2021White House: Joe Biden Believes Social Media Platforms Should Block More 'Untrustworthy Content'Jen Psaki said Joe Biden believes that social media companies have the "responsibility" to block questionable content.
< Media, Politics, Tech, First Amendment, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, Online Censorship, Social Media, White House >
- Breitbart News 02:00April 21, 2021Nancy Pelosi: 'Thank You George Floyd for Sacrificing Your Life for Justice'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) reacted to the conviction of former Minneapolis, Minnesota, police officer Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd on Tuesday with the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) by thanking Floyd for "sacrificing" his life for justice.
< Politics, Congressional Black caucus, Derek Chauvin, First Amendment, George Floyd, Nancy Pelosi >
- Breitbart News 05:37April 20, 2021250 D.C. National Guard Activated in Advance of Derek Chauvin VerdictThe D.C. National Guard is activating 250 members to support local law enforcement "in response to potential First Amendment demonstrations."
< Politics, D.C. National Guard, Derek Chauvin, First Amendment, George Floyd, military, Minneapolis, National Guard >
- Breitbart News 01:19April 20, 2021White House on Derek Chauvin Verdict: Protesting Injustice 'Most American Thing Anyone Can Do'Jen Psaki responded with the president's views during the White House press briefing after she was asked for a response to comments by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) calling for a "more confrontational" approach if the jury found Chauvin not guilty.
< Politics, Derek Chauvin, First Amendment, Joe Biden >
- Breitbart News 23:53April 5, 2021Clarence Thomas: Supreme Court Will Soon Have to Address Tech Censorship"We will soon have no choice but to address how our legal doctrines apply to highly concentrated, privately owned information infrastructure such as digital platforms" wrote Thomas.
< Economy, Politics, Tech, Clarence Thomas, First Amendment, Free Speech Online, Masters of the Universe, SCOTUS, Section 230, Twitter >
- Breitbart News 02:01April 1, 2021Minister Sues Nancy Pelosi, Kamala Harris for Blocking Good Friday Vigil with Capitol FenceA minister filed a lawsuit against Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris claiming the fence surrounding the Capitol is preventing him from holding a prayer vigil.
< Faith, Politics, Capitol riot, due process, Fifth Amendment, First Amendment Rights, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Patrick Mahoney, Religious Freedom Restoration Act, U.S. Capitol, U.S. Capitol Police >
- Breitbart News 00:42March 30, 2021Court Rules Shawnee State University Violated Professor's 1st Amendment Rights by Ordering Him to Use Students' Preferred PronounsThe Sixth Circuit federal appeals court has unanimously ruled that Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio, violated a professor's First Amendment rights by ordering him to use students' preferred pronouns.
< Politics, Social Justice, Amul Thapar, federal appeals court, First Amendment, gender pronouns, McCarthyism, Ohio, Shawnee State University, sixth circuit, Title IX >
- Business Insider 13:42March 24, 2021Bernie Sanders said he's not comfortable with Twitter banning 'racist, sexist' Trump"Yesterday it was Donald Trump who was banned and tomorrow it could be somebody else who has a very different point of view," Sanders said.
< Tech Insider, Donald Trump, Trump, Twitter, Bernie Sanders, Social Media, Freedom Of Expression, First Amendment >
- Breitbart News 03:51March 22, 2021Feminist Naomi Wolf: Joe Biden ‘Struggling Physically’ a National Security ConcernIn an interview with Steve Malzberg on his weekly Sunday commentary show Eat the Press, progressive feminist author and former Democrat adviser Dr. Naomi Wolf expressed alarm regarding President Joe Biden's current state of health and its implications for U.S. national security.
< Health, Media, Air Force One, COVID-19, First Amendment, Fourth Amendment, Joe Biden, Naomi Wolf, Steve Malzberg, Trump >
- Snopes 23:18March 18, 2021Stone Tablet Marking First Amendment Freedoms Finds New HomeA four-story, 50-ton marble tablet engraved with the text of the First Amendment will find a new home in Philadelphia across from Independence Hall.
< first amendment, u.s. constitution >
- Breitbart News 16:18March 16, 2021Alexander Vindman Proposes Suing Conservative Media to 'Deradicalize' ItLt. Col Alexander Vindman (Ret.), a key figure in the first impeachment trial of President Donald Trump, published an op-ed Monday at the Lawfare blog in which he proposed suing conservative media outlets to make them less "radicalized."
< Media, Politics, Alexander Vindman, First Amendment, impeachment, Lawfare, Media Matters >
- Snopes 22:26March 9, 2021Arrested Journalist Pleaded with Officer: ‘This is My Job’An Iowa journalist covering a protest for racial justice was blinded when a police officer shot pepper spray in her face and jailed for hours despite telling him repeatedly that she was just doing her job.
< first amendment >
- Business Insider 13:59March 9, 2021Twitter is suing Texas AG Ken Paxton, claiming he abused his power by launching a retaliatory investigation into the company after it banned TrumpTwitter said Paxton misused the powers of his office "to infringe on Twitter's First Amendment rights" by retaliating after it banned Trump.
< Tech Insider, ken paxton, Texas, Twitter, Donald Trump, First Amendment >
- Snopes 00:46March 6, 2021Reporter Faces Trial in Case Seen As Attack on Press RightsAn Iowa journalist faces trial on charges stemming from her coverage of a protest against racial injustice.
< first amendment >
- Breitbart News 20:57March 3, 2021Jen Psaki Won't Say if Joe Biden Would Force Doctors to Perform Abortions, Gender SurgeriesWhite House Press Secretary Jen Psaki did not respond to a question on Tuesday about whether President Joe Biden would force doctors to perform abortions and transgender surgeries against their faith beliefs.
< Faith, Health, Politics, Abortion, conscience protections, Equality Act, First Amendment, Jen Psaki, Joe Biden, Religious freedom, Transgender >
- Breitbart News 06:21February 27, 2021Heritage: 11 Myths About the Transgender 'Equality Act'The Heritage Foundation exposed 11 of the most revolutionary demands in the Democrats' so-called Equality Act, which would force Americans to accept the transgender ideology's far-reaching claim that each person's legal sex is determined by their inner feelings of "gender identity," not by their measurable biology.
< Economy, Immigration, Politics, adoption, First Amendment, Gender Dysphoria, gender identity, Heritage Foundation, Religious freedom, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act, Transgender >
- Breitbart News 04:49February 26, 20217 Radical Demands in the Equality ActIf enacted, the Equality Act would have a major impact on children and their parents, upending the culture as American families now know it.
< Faith, Health, Politics, Abortion, bathroom privacy, biological sex, Equality Act, First Amendment, gender identity, K-12 education, Religious freedom, Transgender, women's sports >
- Breitbart News 02:07February 26, 2021House Passes 'Equality Act' to End Legal Recognition of Biological SexThe House passed the Equality Act Thursday, which would eliminate the legal definition of biological sex, cater to gender ideology, and designate the protection for the unborn as "pregnancy" discrimination.
< Politics, Social Justice, Equality Act, First Amendment, gender ideology, House Freedom Caucus, Louie Gohmert >
- Breitbart News 01:02February 26, 2021WATCH: Jim Jordan Schools Democrat on Religion and LGBTQ 'Equality Act'Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) noted Thursday on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives that the Equality Act, which would prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexuality and gender identity, does not allow for religious exemptions.
< Faith, Politics, Andy Biggs, Equality Act, First Amendment, Jim Jordan, lgbtq, Religious freedom, religious liberty, RFRA, Sean Maloney >
- Breitbart News 00:45February 25, 2021Rodgers Slams Dems Pressuring Companies to Censor Conservative Outlets: Like 'Chinese Communist Party'McMorris Rodgers on Wednesday at a hearing slammed Democrats for wanting to censor conservative media outlets.
< Media, Politics, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, CNN, First Amendment, Fox News, House Energy and Commerce Committee, misinformation, MSNBC, OANN, Russia collusion >
- Breitbart News 08:31February 14, 2021Pollak: Trump's Lawyers Beat the 'Cancel Culture'They defeated what Trump defense attorney Michael van der Veen mocked as the "Raskin Doctrine": the idea that only Democrats are entitled to free speech.
< Law and Order, Media, Politics, Bruce Castor, Cancel Culture, David Schoen, Donald Trump, First Amendment, impeachment, Michael Van Der Veen, Senate impeachment trial >
- Breitbart News 06:59February 14, 2021Pollak: Trump Acquittal Shows Congress Is Not Exempt from the ConstitutionHouse impeachment managers argued, for the second impeachment in a row, that Congress is exempt from the Constitution.
< Politics, Adam Schiff, chabad, Constitution, First Amendment, Jamie Raskin >
- New York Magazine 23:15February 12, 2021Trump’s Defense for Inciting the Mob: Everybody’s Fighting!A video of Democrats saying the words fight or fighting was put together by his lawyers, likely for Trump’s entertainment.
< politics, impeachment trial, impeachment, democrats, fight, house impeachment managers, first amendment, nancy pelosi, elizabeth warren, chuck schumer, kamala harris >