- Breaking Defense 21:12January 7, 2022In new agreement US, Japan team up on counter-hypersonic researchThe agreement was announced just a day after a North Korean missile test and months after the eye-opening Chinese test of a fractional orbital bombardment system.
< Global, Pentagon, Space, China, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, hypersonic, Japan, North Korea >
- Breaking Defense 15:04December 27, 2021Popular in defense: Breaking Defense’s most read stories in 2021WASHINGTON: Breaking Defense is honored to count among its readers key policymakers, practitioners and top industry officials in the sprawling world of defense — those in the know, for whom JADC2 is not some inscrutable acronym but something totally logical to say to one another. With that comes a great gift for reporters: we are…
< Air Warfare, Land Warfare, Naval Warfare, Pentagon, Space, China, darpa, F35, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, hypersonic, socom, Wedgetail, Year in Review 2021 >
- Breaking Defense 00:17November 30, 2021It’s a FOBS, Space Force’s Saltzman confirms amid Chinese weapons test confusionChina’s recent test of a FOBS/HGV hybrid is “a very forward-edge technology capability,” said Space Force’s Lt. Gen. Chance (Salty) Saltzman.
< Global, Space, China, Chinese hypersonic weapon test, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, hypersonic, Indo-Pacific, Outer Space Treaty, Pacific MMR 2021, Space Force >
- Breaking Defense 20:50November 19, 2021‘Almost a melding’ of US, UK, Aussie services coming: NSC’s Kurt CampbellThe context for President Biden’s almost four-hour discussion Monday night with President Xi Jinpeng, Kurt Campbell said, is “that the United States is here to stay in the Indo-Pacific, and we’re going to defend and support the operating system that has been so good for so many of us for many years.”
< Global, Naval Warfare, Pentagon, Space, allies, arms control, attack submarines, AUKUS, China, Chinese nuclear modernization, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, Jim Miller, Kurt Campbell, nuclear submarines, nuclear weapons, President Xi Jinping, UK >
- Breaking Defense 17:32November 11, 2021Chinese orbital bombardment? Don’t panic!Around this time last month the defense world was sent a tizzy by a reported Chinese hypersonic orbital weapons test. While many questions remain unanswered, Bleddyn Bowen and Cameron Hunter of the University of Leicester have some advice: calm down. The following is an abridged and updated summary of a report published by the Asia-Pacific…
< Global, Space, China, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, hypersonic, nuclear, op-ed. op-eds. commentary, Pacific MMR 2021 >
- Breaking Defense 22:58November 4, 2021‘One of the largest shifts in global geostrategic power:’ Milley on China’s riseNew Pentagon report highlights China’s growing nuclear arsenal, but stresses a broader danger: miscalculation by Beijing or Washington.
< Congress, Global, Pentagon, China, Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty CTBT, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, nuclear modernization >
- Breaking Defense 00:00October 29, 2021‘Hundreds’ Of China Hypersonic Tests Vs. 9 US; Hyten Says US Moves Too SlowlyGen. Hyten said he’s “probably” going to approve “today or tomorrow a new requirement for Integrated Air and Missile Defense,” which is a pillar of the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC).
< All Domain, Pentagon, Space, acquisition reform, All Domain Operations, China, Fractional Orbital Bombardment System FOBS, Gen. John Hyten, hypersonics, integrated air and missile defense, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs >